Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

God what a hot mess.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, ivygirl said:

Look who’s trying to shoehorn herself into the series...

https://people.com/tv/tori-spelling-hires-teddi-mellencamp-accountability-coach

(I saw this mentioned in the Speculation thread too, but thought I’d put it here as well.)

I have zero desire to see any of Tori’s “journey”. And OF COURSE she’d choose Teddi as a life coach. 

God no! What a desperate hot mess. No desire to see her and her brood.

Nope, I'll cancel the TiVo recording pass and help the ratings slide.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 7

Hahaha with all of Teddi's involvement in puppy gate no one really cares enough to come post here. Interesting about her husband preying on the elderly. I wonder if Dorit and Kyle were in on insurance fraud scams with him? lol

• Love 3

It kind of looks like the complaints come from Yelp and no dates attached.  Which makes me think they came after PuppyGate and could be fake.  Because Yelp is a source to vent your anger along with reviews. 

They are detailed complaints though.  The one about the company expecting adult children to continue to pay on a contract after the mom died is very detailed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I looked at the actual yelp reviews.  It looks like a lot of people don't read their contract before signing.  Just sayin......

Yeah not surprised. That’s why I wasn’t shocked by Dorit not reading the VP Dogs contract.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, dosodog said:

It kind of looks like the complaints come from Yelp and no dates attached.  Which makes me think they came after PuppyGate and could be fake.  Because Yelp is a source to vent your anger along with reviews. 

They are detailed complaints though.  The one about the company expecting adult children to continue to pay on a contract after the mom died is very detailed.

Yes, I'm always wary of things like that, too, and any newer complaints posted on Yelp I'd really side eye.  I did happen to see this stuff discussed on the interweb though, and some people said there were many BB complaints from years ago, pre Teddi on the show.

I lost interest and didn't verify, but if anyone wants to, those old complaints may or may not be there. 

Signed,

No help at all Jel 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, jinjer said:

Hahaha with all of Teddi's involvement in puppy gate no one really cares enough to come post here. Interesting about her husband preying on the elderly. I wonder if Dorit and Kyle were in on insurance fraud scams with him? lol

That's so true. Two years on the show and not even three full pages of comments. And she's a major player in the biggest storyline of the season!  And she was very well liked last year!

Just not a lot of interest for Teddi as a HW in her own right? I wonder if she will be asked back next year.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, I'm always wary of things like that, too, and any newer complaints posted on Yelp I'd really side eye.  I did happen to see this stuff discussed on the interweb though, and some people said there were many BB complaints from years ago, pre Teddi on the show.

I lost interest and didn't verify, but if anyone wants to, those old complaints may or may not be there. 

Signed,

No help at all Jel 

The Yelp reviews go back to 2011. 

There have been 142 complaints to the BBB in the past 3 years, 44 in the past 12 months.

TL;DR

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

Teddi seems like a good person - it’s too bad she fell into LVP’s sticky web, but she owned her part and sincerely apologized, exhibiting two qualities LVP sorely lacks. Hope Teddi returns next season!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Teddi seems like a good person - it’s too bad she fell into LVP’s sticky web, but she owned her part and sincerely apologized, exhibiting two qualities LVP sorely lacks. Hope Teddi returns next season!

I like Teddi too. Let’s say she was wrong about LVP having any involvement with the dog storyline, I still don’t think Teddi is the worst. At the most, she would have misunderstood texts and thought Dorit had the storyline coming and then thought LVP was being the manipulative chess player she’d heard about.

Teddi hasn’t slapped anyone, poured wine in anybody's face, outed a secret about a cast member’s child, put anything super personal about a cast member on blast, mocked anyone’s breath or appearance, said a friend was a gassy snore she didn’t want to share a room with, had a meltdown where she goes berserk on someone who’s been nothing but sweet to her, threatened to f*** up another housewife, etc. Almost all the women have been guilty of these things and more. I’m not saying Teddi’s perfect, but I think she’s a nice girl who made a mistake. It happens to the best of us, and she owned it. 

I also think she should be cut some slack because most of these women are older and more experienced with reality TV. LVP has two decades on her. Teddi could be her daughter. She’s not much older than Pandora and the VP Rules cast. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Teddi too. Let’s say she was wrong about LVP having any involvement with the dog storyline, I still don’t think Teddi is the worst. At the most, she would have misunderstood texts and thought Dorit had the storyline coming and then thought LVP was being the manipulative chess player she’d heard about.

Teddi hasn’t slapped anyone, poured wine in anybody's face, outed a secret about a cast member’s child, put anything super personal about a cast member on blast, mocked anyone’s breath or appearance, said a friend was a gassy snore she didn’t want to share a room with, had a meltdown where she goes berserk on someone who’s been nothing but sweet to her, threatened to f*** up another housewife, etc. Almost all the women have been guilty of these things and more. I’m not saying Teddi’s perfect, but I think she’s a nice girl who made a mistake. It happens to the best of us, and she owned it. 

I also think she should be cut some slack because most of these women are older and more experienced with reality TV. LVP has two decades on her. Teddi could be her daughter. She’s not much older than Pandora and the VP Rules cast. 

I disagree on some of this.  Teddi only "owned it" if Lisa did, in fact, plot to out Dorit by using Teddi- something, that while we may think happened, we don't have any actual evidence occurred.  I think I would give Teddi more credit if she said, "I heard about Lucy, and given my issues with Dorit, found I was more than willing to gossip about it and judge her.  I feel badly and I'm sorry." By trying to say that she only acted this way because LVP wanted her to, she's not owning anything, other than the fact that she's an easily influenced, immature person. And the fact that she's hell bent on making Lisa admit that she masterminded the whole thing is just another way she's trying to deflect from her own participation.  

• Love 23
1 minute ago, 918lux said:

I disagree on some of this.  Teddi only "owned it" if Lisa did, in fact, plot to out Dorit by using Teddi- something, that while we may think happened, we don't have any actual evidence occurred.  I think I would give Teddi more credit if she said, "I heard about Lucy, and given my issues with Dorit, found I was more than willing to gossip about it and judge her.  I feel badly and I'm sorry." By trying to say that she only acted this way because LVP wanted her to, she's not owning anything, other than the fact that she's an easily influenced, immature person. And the fact that she's hell bent on making Lisa admit that she masterminded the whole thing is just another way she's trying to deflect from her own participation.  

I don’t think this would have ever happened if John Blizzard hadn’t texted Teddi and Teddi thought the main housewife was trying to get this story out due to Dorit’s alleged awful treatment of a puppy. 

Teddi repeatedly admitted to being mean and judgmental and said her hands weren’t clean. I don’t think she has to own that she was the mastermind of getting this story out to make Dorit look bad when she wouldn’t even know about it had it not been for LVP’s camp. Whether or not LVP knew, or John Blizzard himself entirely stirred it up, is another story.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I have to ask who is the gassy snore?? LOL

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t think this would have ever happened if John Blizzard hadn’t texted Teddi and Teddi thought the main housewife was trying to get this story out due to Dorit’s alleged awful treatment of a puppy. 

Teddi repeatedly admitted to being mean and judgmental and said her hands weren’t clean. I don’t think she has to own that she was the mastermind of getting this story out to make Dorit look bad when she wouldn’t even know about it had it not been for LVP’s camp. Whether or not LVP knew, or John Blizzard himself entirely stirred it up, is another story.  

Agreed, however, she doesn't have to drag LVP through the mud with her.  She didn't have any direct contact with Lisa about the dog story and her proof is a few weak text messages from John Blizzard who doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box.  Teddi doesn't need to own being a mastermind, but she does need to own that she willingly chose to behave in a way that she now regrets without trying to qualify that she only acted that way because LVP influenced her/manipulated her in to it.  The cute "oh because I wouldn't go through with your plan" and back and forth "i feel betrayed by you" at Camille's birthday party just goes to show that Teddi isn't owning anything, she's saying her hands aren't clean, with the implication that they aren't clean because LVP made her put mud on them.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Teddi is a self righteous scantimonious know it all who viciously turned on the one person who was kind to her last season. In the coming attractions you see her fighting with Dorit,  Camille and Erika. The only one that seems to be her friend is Kyle and we know what her friendship is worth.

Teddi has no storyline and will not be back next season. This is her swan song.

You see she doesn’t own a swan.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, 918lux said:

Agreed, however, she doesn't have to drag LVP through the mud with her.  She didn't have any direct contact with Lisa about the dog story and her proof is a few weak text messages from John Blizzard who doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box.  Teddi doesn't need to own being a mastermind, but she does need to own that she willingly chose to behave in a way that she now regrets without trying to qualify that she only acted that way because LVP influenced her/manipulated her in to it.  The cute "oh because I wouldn't go through with your plan" and back and forth "i feel betrayed by you" at Camille's birthday party just goes to show that Teddi isn't owning anything, she's saying her hands aren't clean, with the implication that they aren't clean because LVP made her put mud on them.

Well I agree that she was rough on LVP. I still don’t personally see her behavior as unforgivable or anything. That’s kind of my attitude toward all of them though. I choose to believe there’s not enough info that Dorit heartlessly drooped Lucy off at a kill shelter or LVP had anything to do with the story getting out. Now and then one of them really rubs me the wrong way, like Brandi and Carlton. I find the rest of them to be likable for the most part but having mess-ups. Admitting to messing up is enough for me, but to each his own. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, RealHousewife said:

My problem with this, though, is that Teddi's view seems to be that she had no choice because John Blizzard was texting her.  Whether you believe LVP told Blizzard to text her (I personally don't), or not, doesn't matter that much for this, I don't think.  I mean, it kind of works the same way if LVP had asked her directly to her face to do it.  No matter who comes to me and wants me to do something, I can say NO, I'm not ok doing that.  Teddi didn't say no, she said, sure, let's do it, here's how . . . 

So when Teddi now says, yes, I did say stuff that was mean and judgemental and my hands aren't clean and I'm sorry for that, I've admitted my part, BUT LVP/Blizzard put me up to it, so THEY are the guilty ones, that doesn't fly for me.  Because ultimately, Teddi didn't say no.  She's still not apologizing or owning the fact that she was willing to do it in the first place.  

As I said, I don't think that LVP had Blizzard go to Teddi and set things in motion, so I don't think LVP has anything to apologize for in this situation.  But, I get that other people disagree.  Still, even if you do, it doesn't absolve Teddi from the accountability of actually DOING whatever bidding she feels she was asked to do and thus far, she just claims she was manipulated and had no choice, but is sorry she said mean things.  She's not owning the fact that she actually went along with it quite willingly.

• Love 17
On 5/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, smores said:

My problem with this, though, is that Teddi's view seems to be that she had no choice because John Blizzard was texting her.  Whether you believe LVP told Blizzard to text her (I personally don't), or not, doesn't matter that much for this, I don't think.  I mean, it kind of works the same way if LVP had asked her directly to her face to do it.  No matter who comes to me and wants me to do something, I can say NO, I'm not ok doing that.  Teddi didn't say no, she said, sure, let's do it, here's how . . . 

So when Teddi now says, yes, I did say stuff that was mean and judgemental and my hands aren't clean and I'm sorry for that, I've admitted my part, BUT LVP/Blizzard put me up to it, so THEY are the guilty ones, that doesn't fly for me.  Because ultimately, Teddi didn't say no.  She's still not apologizing or owning the fact that she was willing to do it in the first place.  

As I said, I don't think that LVP had Blizzard go to Teddi and set things in motion, so I don't think LVP has anything to apologize for in this situation.  But, I get that other people disagree.  Still, even if you do, it doesn't absolve Teddi from the accountability of actually DOING whatever bidding she feels she was asked to do and thus far, she just claims she was manipulated and had no choice, but is sorry she said mean things.  She's not owning the fact that she actually went along with it quite willingly.

You are right in that Teddi had a choice, but I guess I still get where she's coming from as far as saying she was provoked-whether or not she read the texts correctly, Blizzard put words in LVP's mouth, etc is another story.

I am more put off when someone is nasty without any provocation. For example, why on earth did Camille sit there and cackle about Lisa's dental situation with the group? That was pure mean imo. Teddi got worked up over the treatment of a puppy by someone who wasn't kind to her. She was wrong to get involved with exposing the story, but she didn't become a mean girl out of nowhere. Again, I'm not disagreeing that it absolves her of accountability, but for me manipulation does matter. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

You are right in that Teddi had a choice, but I guess I still get where she's coming from as far as saying she was provoked-whether or not she read the texts correctly, Blizzard put words in LVP's mouth, etc is another story.

I am more put off when someone is nasty without any provocation. For example, why on earth did Camille sit there and cackle about Lisa's dental situation with the group? That was pure mean imo. Teddi got worked up over the treatment of a puppy by someone who wasn't kind to her. She was wrong to get involved with exposing the story, but she didn't become a mean girl out of nowhere. Again, I'm not disagreeing that it absolves her of accountability, but for me manipulation does matter. 

I think Camille has been awful these last few weeks, and I also am really disappointed in Erika's behavior this season.  I have liked her, and generally thought that she managed to stay out of most of the crap when people would have infighting over the years.  This year, though, she's been really quick to assign motives to LVP when she has no actual knowledge of them.  I just want people to own what they say and do.  Calling Dorit out isn't wrong, if you're riled up because she dumped the dog then say, listen maybe I shouldn't have shot my mouth off so quickly, but at the end of the day, none of this would have happened if you hadn't dumped the dog.  So I'm happy to defend you now that I know that you had nothing to do with it, and let people know I was under the wrong impression, but, that's where this came from.  

• Love 8

^ I agree. Ideally, Teddi should have worded it like that. Also agree about Erika. I’m not a viewer who says I only watch for LVP and hate all the others, but most of them aren’t looking very nice this season. 

• Love 7

I still find it SO strange that she features her stepdaughter so prominently on Instagram, yet there’s never been a sighting—or even a mention—of her on the show.

Normally I’d just assume that her mother wouldn’t sign an agreement to let her be filmed, but wouldn’t she also be making a stink to keep her face off social media?? I guess it’s *possible* that there were scenes where Teddi at least mentioned her existence that were cut, but idk. The whole thing is just weird to me because the stepdaughter clearly spends a lot of time with their family. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I still find it SO strange that she features her stepdaughter so prominently on Instagram, yet there’s never been a sighting—or even a mention—of her on the show.

Normally I’d just assume that her mother wouldn’t sign an agreement to let her be filmed, but wouldn’t she also be making a stink to keep her face off social media?? I guess it’s *possible* that there were scenes where Teddi at least mentioned her existence that were cut, but idk. The whole thing is just weird to me because the stepdaughter clearly spends a lot of time with their family. 

Interesting, I didn’t even know she had a stepdaughter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, Teri313 said:

Why is Teddi on this show? Who brought her in?

She is on the show because she is John Mellencamps daughter. They miscalculated because he does not seem interested in appearing on the show.

She brings absolutely nothing else to the table. She found her relevance by being used as a tool to bludgeon LVP by Rinna and Erica. Now she is best buds with that other tool Kyle.

I do think she will be a causality this season and will be replaced. Maybe by Brandi.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

She is but she can come in as a friend of Denise Richards and as a enemy to Lisa Rinna and Erika. 

Satan Andy loves to wallow in it.

Too late. Brandi said Rinna called her to apologize in the last month (to six weeks) or so.

And about the same time, Kyle has, after all these years, suddenly been able to put all her differences with Brandi behind her.

Interesting timing.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

They are lining it up for Brandi to be the antagonist next season. Kyle is too much of a moron to realize that she will be the target if LVP leaves. 

Maybe Kyle thinks she will be fine if she has Teddi as a minion. She just doesn’t realize that Teddi will turn on her in a minute. 

Thank Chutulu that I won’t be watching.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

Too late. Brandi said Rinna called her to apologize in the last month (to six weeks) or so.

And about the same time, Kyle has, after all these years, suddenly been able to put all her differences with Brandi behind her.

Interesting timing.

Definitely interesting! What did Rinna apologize for? 

I did hear about Kyle and Brandi. A part of me wishes I were more like Kyle. She’s a people person who forgives and forgets easily. I’ve been hurt to many times, so I suppose I’m more in the LVP “grudge holder” camp. 

I liked Brandi when she was new, but then she quickly lost me. She has this mean, vindictive side that the others don’t possess. 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Definitely interesting! What did Rinna apologize for? 

I did hear about Kyle and Brandi. A part of me wishes I were more like Kyle. She’s a people person who forgives and forgets easily. I’ve been hurt to many times, so I suppose I’m more in the LVP “grudge holder” camp. 

I liked Brandi when she was new, but then she quickly lost me. She has this mean, vindictive side that the others don’t possess. 

I have a terrible memory for the BH shows, so I don't remember the details of the Brandi-Rinna dispute. It had something to do with Kim I think? Brandi didn't go into too many details, but she spoke about Rinna calling to apologize to her on her (Brandi's) podcast, which I, God help me, listened to. 

(If you are interested, it was the Brandi podcast where she interviewed Denise Richards.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have a terrible memory for the BH shows, so I don't remember the details of the Brandi-Rinna dispute. It had something to do with Kim I think? Brandi didn't go into too many details, but she spoke about Rinna calling to apologize to her on her (Brandi's) podcast, which I, God help me, listened to. 

(If you are interested, it was the Brandi podcast where she interviewed Denise Richards.)

Thank you Jel! 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Bringing this over from Reddit....Teddi....Accountability....LOL....

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/brxd1n/teddis_accountability_services/

Wow, what a scam!  $5000 plus a year for texting back & forth with non certified “coaches” who were once customers...No product like meals, shakes, no refunds if you are injured and cannot delay the plan.  I figured it was some semi scam but now this is so lame.  😲😏

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Can this possibly be true? Teddi and LisaR may not be asked back next season? 

http://news.lalate.com/2019/05/21/teddi-mellencamp-rhobh-status-uncertain-exclusive/

Too good to be true?

It could be true if they’re trying to keep LVP. I think it’s possible for Kyle and LVP to make up. LVP gets along with Denise, and Camille and LVP had no serious beef this season, just Camille’s cruel comments when she was drunk. If Lisa forgives that and they replace Teddi and Rinna, LVP could film with at least half the cast. 

I like Teddi, but LVP is more entertaining simply being LVP. I find Rinna very funny actually and appreciate her hustle, but there is something about keeping the OG housewife. Next season should be really interesting.  

• Love 6