Type keyword(s) to search

The Brineys

• Start Topic

On 1/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, Kyanight said:

Hmmm.  That's so strange!  Here is what Angela wrote on January 19, 2019.    "It would be many months before we could even have open communication with any of the children and seven months before we would even get to see them.  She left on May 26th, Lenny’s 1st and Laurelei’s 12th birthdays, right after their birthday party.  We didn’t see the kids she took until December 21st. "     

OK... this is just a weird thought I had but.... what if APRIL wasn't the one who wrote the apology on July 6th but someone ELSE in the family?  Because the rest of the family was all consumed with being on TLC so maybe this was just a ruse to smooth things over?   Why would April THANK the family for taking care of her children if her children were WITH her in Utah - Angela herself said they didn't see them until December!  

From July 6th - supposedly April:  "Thank you for every bedtime story, every glass of milk and every comforting touch you offered my children while I was gone".   Uh - WHAT?  This makes it sound like she came back in July?  What did she do - hide the kids in closets so that the family couldn't see them until Christmas?  Kind of like you hide Christmas presents???

Also - does this sound like something April would say... or like something another family member THINKS she should say?  This is from July 6th and was supposedly written by April:  "There were some times in season 1 that I truly was so mean and I would like to publicly acknowledge and apologize to my friends and family for representing myself so poorly and for contributing in contentious ways to the family dynamic. I am truly and deeply humbled and sorry. It has been painfully embarrassing to realize on national tv that my mind was not whole. I was not myself, nor did I realize what I was doing or saying at times."

This is all so strange.  You can't give them bedtime stories and milk and comfort if you didn't even see them until Christmas.   

I’d believe she had hidden the kids in the closet for 6 months before I’d believe she wrote that apology 😏

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I believe Auralee, but ...

I am glad April left.

I think ALL of  them have "issues". 

April's decision to leave, IMO, doesn't absolve her of her own complicity in that shitshow. Hopefully her children have a chance to live a more normal life.

I do applaud April for getting out, but (barring any abuse) I hope the kids aren't alienated from their father. (I think polygamy in itself is abusive, but I guess that's subjective.)

Even if her decision to get out was just an f-you to Drew and the other wives (which I tend to believe), it's all good. Maybe she is the sane one, but again, I think they're all assholes -- April included. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Scorpiosunshine said:

More about the clothes they "took": 

0CF41116-322E-48AA-8250-9605B427F3CA.jpeg

April Briney They spent the three days after I left going through my personal papers, reading my journals looking for any dirt they could find and "packing" up all my stuff. I'm sure it was all very well intentioned.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

April Briney They spent the three days after I left going through my personal papers, reading my journals looking for any dirt they could find and "packing" up all my stuff. I'm sure it was all very well intentioned.

I saw that, too, and I have no doubt it's true. I can see them doing that!  On second thought, it lends a bit more toward April being desperate (since she left her journals). 

Hopefully, she can heal herself and the kids. Although I'm over all these families,  I'm rooting for April. 

I still believe Auralee about those particular clothes, not that it matters to me. I just think they are all full of it.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 5

Those two are bitchy & immature AF. Wish April had been able to take more of her personal items, but they're showing what shit they're made of, so there's that.

April gets freedom & a new life. Those two get the Drew prize - karma's a bitch LOL.

• Love 8
On 2/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, speakingofpolygamy said:

Couple of blog posts about the Brineys.

My polygamist husband gave his opinion on TLC dropping the Brineys: https://speakingofpolygamy.com/2019/01/30/the-briney-family-and-season-2-of-seeking-sister-wife/

And here we list the ways the Brineys are trying to earn money now that they won't be getting a paycheck from TLC: https://speakingofpolygamy.com/2019/02/01/help-the-briney-family/

Seriously, we need to help support them because they were released from a reality tv show?  Nope. 

And this quote - "We know that the mentally stable April would not have done the things that she’s done. – Angela" - fuck off.  I am sure she was the most stable she has ever been getting the hell out of there. 

Edited by jenifaohjenny
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10