Type keyword(s) to search

The Brineys

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Angela seems like a smart, kind woman~ wonder what damaged her so much that she resorted to joining these chuckleclucks?! 

Pretty telling that Angela’s FB Page has zero photos with her sister wives, nor do they even appear to be FB friends ( is not because of polygamy secrecy as she is open about it) . 

Oh we all know EGGZACKLY why Angela joined the rodeo.  She's said it in interviews.  She is 40 years old and her biological clock is tick tick ticking away and she HAD to have her baby.  NOT that I blame her - I always wanted to be a mother more than anything else, and I personally might have agreed to something like this just to get my baby.  So no, I don't feel she gives two poops about her sister wives OR their kids.  She's all about that baby.  lol

• Love 7

There was a post on her facebook page (I think) where she came out to her family as being polygamous. I don't think she told a lot of people she was in polygamy before the show aired. Probably that is why she doesn't have pictures of her sister wives and their kids.

• Love 2

Angela has pics of her Dad visiting her and holding her baby at their house. In this day and age there are ways for women without a partner to have a baby- too bad Angela settled for this family and way of life. None of them seem happy. 

• Love 8

Angela really started annoying me with the camping episode.  I wonder if this show was in the works when she met/married/got knocked up by Drew two weeks after meeting him.  It would explain why she signed up with this horror show of a family.  I think it's very telling that even Auralee was acting a little uncomfortable with Angela's irritability.  And then the ridiculous insinuation that everyone would have preferred she starve her infant, so they took off without her so she would get lost.  I get lost everywhere and that's why I used GPS - you should try it Angela, it's probably on your cell phone.  Then she comes into the camp site with a chip on her shoulder.  And I think it speaks volumes that none of the little kids wanted to drive with Angela, they apparently preferred to be stuffed like sardines in their mothers' cars.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I wonder if this show was in the works when she met/married/got knocked up by Drew two weeks after meeting him.  It would explain why she signed up with this horror show of a family.

Now THAT is an interesting thought!!! I was wondering why would any sane person marry someone after knowing them for only a couple of weeks - especially considering it's not going to be just the two of you, but two other wives as well...I was at a loss, couldn't find any reasonable explanation why anyone would want to do this...I think you may have really hit on something here! 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Now THAT is an interesting thought!!! I was wondering why would any sane person marry someone after knowing them for only a couple of weeks - especially considering it's not going to be just the two of you, but two other wives as well...I was at a loss, couldn't find any reasonable explanation why anyone would want to do this...I think you may have really hit on something here! 

Except in that LONG interview that Angela did, it was really clear that she was already married to Drew when TLC approached them - and since they weren't seeking a FOURTH wife they weren't sure how that would work.  They decided that since she was a "new" wife added to this toxic mix, it would fit in anyway.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, Booger666 said:

Thanks for the links to her blog and pod-cast.  And if I followed all her info correctly this is Angela’s fourth marriage.  First marriage was legal, they were both evangelical Christians, and it ended in annulment after four years (odd because I thought annulments for Christians are for short-term marriages and anything longer than 3-6mo is a divorce); second marriage also a legal marriage where he was a LDS Mormon so she converted and married him a year later, and they divorced after 7 years; she converts to AUB and third marriage is a plural marriage where she is the second wife and a year in the husband and first wife decide plural marriage isn’t for them and so Angela has to leave; now in this fourth marriage she’s a third wife.  She’s only 40 and has had four husbands and and is on her third religion.  Seems like she is someone who is deeply unhappy with herself and is in constant pursuit of the next “thing” to bring her true happiness.  Happiness surely isn’t going to be found in the Briney house of emotional toxicity (trademark pending).

Wowsa!

Four marriages and three religions. 

I thought she was married and divorced. Dealt with infertility in her marriage and then got pregnant with Drew by surprise. 

She was in a plural marriage before???? She shouldn't be shocked at the dynamics. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Wowsa!

Four marriages and three religions. 

I thought she was married and divorced. Dealt with infertility in her marriage and then got pregnant with Drew by surprise. 

She was in a plural marriage before???? She shouldn't be shocked at the dynamics. 

Yes, and Angela has quite the selective memory.  On the show she just mentions the most recent divorce, not the other two.  On the podcast she talks about the divorce and failed plural marriage but doesn’t admit to the first failed marriage (which she discusses in her blog).  

A lot of posters wonder why on earth she chose Drew and such a dysfunctional family.  On the podcast she says that in the failed plural marriage the couple had doubts after a year - since she wasn’t getting pregnant they saw that as a sign from God that he wasn’t blessing the marriage.  She then says being the third wife is much better than the second because the second wife has to figure out how to make it work, the third wife just comes into an existing plural marriage with an established system.  She was attracted to Drew because he had been with both of his wives such a long time.  I got the sense she was “damaged goods” in the AUB community due to no babies and failing as a second wife and was grateful anyone would have her.

• Love 10

To each his own and all, but I don't get this lifestyle.  Angela is especially interesting to me because her background is unusual for a plural wife.  She wasn't even raised LDS, like most of the other people who convert.  She came into this in, what, her mid-late 30's?  Not to mention the fact that she just does not seem into it.  At all. 

So Drew gets 100% commitment from each of three women, while each woman gets 33% commitment in return.  Seems balanced. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

Is Auralee pregnant? In this picture from his instragram I can’t tell....?but sure looks like she could be.

After ninety-eleven kids the old uterus bulges out I think.  Michele Duggar's did.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SuzieQ said:

So tired of the "the neighbors know we're polygamasts" story lines!  HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You're on tv!!  This is like Browns 2.0

YEAH ha ha ha!!   It's like writing "Polygamist" on your forehead with a sharpie and then getting paranoid because you think everyone in the community "knows".   

• Love 8

I'm Team Auralee (sort of), but previews for next week have me feeling some sympathy for April. She clearly hates this lifestyle and only went along to keep Drew and keep her family "together". Still, once you commit, find a way to make it work without taking it out on your "sisters". She either needs therapy or a good divorce lawyer, or both.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

So tired of the "the neighbors know we're polygamists" story lines!  HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You're on tv!!  This is like Browns 2.0

When this happened with the Browns (Oh no, there are people with cameras outside!!!) I just assumed people were curious why there were a bunch of camera crews running around the place and why paparazzi was running around trying to get candid photographs of the latest and greatest reality starz. Next comes the local PD cruising through to make sure the roads aren't being blocked by the above mentioned folks, so the plygs can then start yelling about being persecuted. Rinse and repeat.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm Team Auralee (sort of), but previews for next week have me feeling some sympathy for April. She clearly hates this lifestyle and only went along to keep Drew and keep her family "together". Still, once you commit, find a way to make it work without taking it out on your "sisters". She either needs therapy or a good divorce lawyer, or both.

If I have these people and their stories straight, April is the only one of all the women on the show who is legally married?  I got the impression that means she may be safe from whatever oppression goes on in that state, from both neighbors and police (?).  For that reason, I wasn't surprised that she said she didn't want to move.  I assumed it was just April being April.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kareem said:

If I have these people and their stories straight, April is the only one of all the women on the show who is legally married?  I got the impression that means she may be safe from whatever oppression goes on in that state, from both neighbors and police (?).  For that reason, I wasn't surprised that she said she didn't want to move.  I assumed it was just April being April.  

I agree.  And I think she might be mostly saying it for TLC drama.  Otherwise they don't really have a show.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

I think April is onto something. She is legally married and can stay in her home. Let Drewfus take his mistresses and flee. You gotta love that! ?

Very true!!  April can tell them all to pound sand and is the only one with legal recourse. (divorce, maintenance, etc)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Courts almost never grant maintenance anymore.

Not my experience.  IF it's someone who's been married a significant time, with several kids and little work experience, they will get it for at least a couple years.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 7

I've taken on a new outlook viewing the Briney's. As with the others the scenes are staged & poorly acted, & I have no idea how much of the relationship issues between the women are genuine or just show crap. I find the Snowden's detestable, & the other family boring. But at this point I'm hanging in there with this crew for the entertainment value.

Had they not watched SW, to know the fake 'gotta get out of town' story line was already done? Or perhaps since they all know each other Kody recommended it for ratings. Thing is I find their made up plight laughable. I can picture the confusion & chuckling from their neighbors TV rooms watching these idiots cower in fear & plan their escape from the dreaded businessmen & soccer moms just living their lives in boring, lawful monogamy.

April's 'passive aggressive plotting her next move expression' against her pitifully victimized sister wives - the always brave Auralee & her stoic smile, & Angela & her pained RBF - each are wallowing in their own self-created misery.

Drew is the ineffectual, dull clown in the middle of this 3-wife circus.

I just try to ignore the fact that scads of innocent children are the collateral damage for their non-existent 'cause'.

• Love 7

I don’t blame April for wanting to stay in Utah. When she got married, it was to a single man, she signed up for a certain lifestyle. When Drewfus decided he was going to Mr. Man and bring in additional wives, I am sure April was never fully on board. And we see the result of the new wives, it has created a difficult living environment. Now, because of Drewfus’s desire to live the poly lifestyle, he is telling April she has to pack up and leave her home state, which one might assume means leaving friends, family and familiarity. Why wouldn’t she hold her ground at this point. I would. She doesn’t need to live in fear because of the lifestyle her husband decided was his calling. 

• Love 10

I thought it was interesting that this week's Sister Wives episode was sort of a crossover. We saw pregnant Angela and Drew Briney meeting with the Browns and attending the rally at the Utah state capitol. It got me to wondering why April and Auralee weren't there...... 

The march took place in Feb. 2017, so Angela would have been pretty new to polygamy. (Less than a year?) It was just surprising to me that she was the only wife there. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I would be this is Angela's wedding to Drewfus.

I figured as much. I just thought it was..... an interesting choice of outfits.

Reminds me of the God awful Renaissance fair gowns the Sister Wives had made for..... What was that for? A commitment ceremony? An anniversary? The reading of the family creed? 

Let's just call it one of their many tacky "look at me" parties with card tables and symbolic tree cakes. 

Edited by B3cky50
Spelling
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

I figured as much. I just thought it was..... an interesting choice of outfits.

Reminds me of the God awful Renaissance fair gowns the Sister Wives had made for..... What was that for? A commitment ceremony? An anniversary? The reading of the family creed? 

Let's just call it one of their many tacky "look at me" parties with card tables and symbolic tree cakes. 

Yeah... none of their clothing is in style.    Drewfus probably couldn't wear a coat and tie to his own wedding because his back hurt.  :::snort:::

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Damn, flashback attack circa 1972.  Drewfus in those same brown fugly pants.  Does that horny bastard own another pair?

Ugh, ugh, ugh, and ugh.

He is really unattractive, with little personality.  Can't understand what any of them see in him.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

He is really unattractive, with little personality.  Can't understand what any of them see in him.

Same.  I wouldn't have wanted to be his first wife, even if he was into monogamy and made a lot of money.  

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

I'm a polygamist with a couple of blog posts about the Brineys.

https://speakingofpolygamy.com/2018/02/22/where-are-the-men-ssw-s1e5-c1/

I liked that article.  I agreed with everything you said.  Jocelyn didn't know the "secret" rules and was doomed before she even began.  If it wasn't that rule, it would have been something else, IMO.   And yes, DREW is the man of the house and it is his responsibility to help bring about harmony with his wives - not bask in the thrill of having three women fight over him.  Even if that isn't actually the case, that is how it appears when he leaves it up to them to work EVERYTHING out!  Sometimes that is probably wise - but you don't just bask in the pleasant stuff and always avoid the unpleasant.

EDIT:  I just now read the second article.  I still stand by what I just said.  The majority of the TLC reality show viewers are aware that TLC edits to make things interesting, but Drew HIMSELF says to the camera more than once that his wives need to work things out by themselves.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MargDelahunty said:

A reminder that this isn't Angela's first rodeo.

She is more than aware of what happens in polygamy. And was asked to leave her second (plyg) marriage.

2 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Asked to leave?!  I didn't realize she was asked to leave - yikes - I'm guessing that's not a common outcome.

Me either, do we have more details on this?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Asked to leave?!  I didn't realize she was asked to leave - yikes - I'm guessing that's not a common outcome.

I just finished listening to Angela's podcast. Very interesting. She was asked to leave the first plyg family because they started to believe that polygamy was not the way for them. They had trouble with their families, and they took it as a sign when Angela did not get pregnant after a year that maybe this was not their calling. Drew is her third "marriage", second spiritual one. Also interesting to hear that it was April who really took to her and wanted her in the family.

She comes across as a very intelligent woman, and also a true believer.

• Love 4