Type keyword(s) to search

The Brineys

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I just finished listening to Angela's podcast. Very interesting. She was asked to leave the first plyg family because they started to believe that polygamy was not the way for them. They had trouble with their families, and they took it as a sign when Angela did not get pregnant after a year that maybe this was not their calling. Drew is her third "marriage", second spiritual one. Also interesting to hear that it was April who really took to her and wanted her in the family.

She comes across as a very intelligent woman, and also a true believer.

I think someone said this is her 4th marriage. Her first marriage was annulled and I later read (I think on reddit) it wasn’t consummated due to vaginismus. Then there was a second marriage and divorce, then the 3rd one was the polygamous one, and now Drew is the 4th. This is from info others have posted. Also I think someone posted that she does not mention the first marriage in the podcast but did in a blog or somewhere else. 

Edited by MoodyGirl
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MoodyGirl said:

I think someone said this is her 4th marriage. Her first marriage was annulled and I later read (I think on reddit) it wasn’t consummated due to vaginismus. Then there was a second marriage and divorce, then the 3rd one was the polygamous one, and now Drew is the 4th. This is from info others have posted. 

Ahh, thank you. She does not mention the first marriage in the podcast. 

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, B3cky50 said:

Sorry, one more link. It's too good not to share. Kody Brown better watch out. There's a new dancing queen in town. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOtIGsKjjKN/

Oh My Stars! Just saw this...I don't know where to file this in my brain, maybe under the suggested Dancing Queens? LOL

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Booger666 said:

Thanks for the links to her blog and pod-cast.  And if I followed all her info correctly this is Angela’s fourth marriage.  First marriage was legal, they were both evangelical Christians, and it ended in annulment after four years (odd because I thought annulments for Christians are for short-term marriages and anything longer than 3-6mo is a divorce); second marriage also a legal marriage where he was a LDS Mormon so she converted and married him a year later, and they divorced after 7 years; she converts to AUB and third marriage is a plural marriage where she is the second wife and a year in the husband and first wife decide plural marriage isn’t for them and so Angela has to leave; now in this fourth marriage she’s a third wife.  She’s only 40 and has had four husbands and and is on her third religion.  Seems like she is someone who is deeply unhappy with herself and is in constant pursuit of the next “thing” to bring her true happiness.  Happiness surely isn’t going to be found in the Briney house of emotional toxicity (trademark pending).

Hee. trademark pending :)

• Love 3
On 2/28/2018 at 8:27 AM, SuzieQ said:

He is really unattractive, with little personality.  Can't understand what any of them see in him.

Thank you for bluntly putting this out there. You are posting what I (and I am sure many others) are thinking. Ewwww! If I had to marry into that motley group, I'd want to be the 319th wife. Just saying...

• Love 6
On 1/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, Gothish520 said:

I see a bit of Lisa Kudrow, but I feel like she reminds me of someone else too, but I also can't put my finger on who.

April reminds me of Bebe Neuwirth.

When I look at April, she appears to be very attractive despite her unattractive personality. Rather than stay married to idiot-Drew, she could easily hook onto a relatively decent looking man with more money than her goof of a husband. She's clearly unhappy - move on already!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Sorry, one more link. It's too good not to share. Kody Brown better watch out. There's a new dancing queen in town. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOtIGsKjjKN/

Wow, Drew's back must be feeling great!!  lol

7 hours ago, Chalby said:

When I look at April, she appears to be very attractive despite her unattractive personality. Rather than stay married to idiot-Drew, she could easily hook onto a relatively decent looking man with more money than her goof of a husband. She's clearly unhappy - move on already!

Seriously.... I doubt it.  A guy can get a good looking wife that doesn't come with 22 kids in the package.

• Love 2

My hatred for Drewfus could power a locomotive.  Somehow April is the selfish one by not wanting to fuck up her kids’ lives by moving them in the middle of their school year?  Drew’s dgaf response, “Kids are resilient” made me want to punch him in the face.  Why couldn’t they do a week at a time, at least until school is over?  They wives would be happier not living together, anyhow.  Drewfus is such an emotionally abusive turd.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Thank you for bluntly putting this out there. You are posting what I (and I am sure many others) are thinking. Ewwww! If I had to marry into that motley group, I'd want to be the 319th wife. Just saying...

LMAO!! How bout it!! I couldn't be drunk enough or dead enough!

• Love 3
On 3/5/2018 at 6:43 AM, Kyanight said:

Wow, Drew's back must be feeling great!!  lol

Seriously.... I doubt it.  A guy can get a good looking wife that doesn't come with 22 kids in the package.

LOL - I forgot all about the dozen + kids she's toting along. But that goes both ways. What (sane) woman is eyeing up Drew with his house full of kids, sad-sack appearance, lack of bank account, and his passive-aggressive personality thinking, "Oh yeah, give me a plateful of that..."? Too funny (and to each, his/her own).

• Love 7

Don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but I came across these photos on Angela's Instagram..... And just found them strange. The bruise, of course. But the motive behind her posting them? I mean WHY would you post them, especially without an explanation. But if it were me, and I was a plural wife, scared of the scrutiny and "GOING TO JAIL" - I probably would have cropped out the arm. Jmo..... 

(Angela's IG is lenny.and.me)

PicsArt_04-24-04.12.07.png

• Love 3

There's a rumour of some sort that April had left the trio. Apparently she is living in Utah. 

I also heard that the Briney's are returning for the second season of Seeking Sister Wife. The Snowdens and the Alldredges are returning for sure. 

There's also a few news families that will be featured. 

We'll see...

• Love 4

Looks like The Brineys won't be back this season.  Just watched the S2 episode that recaps season 1 and it only showed the Snowdens and the Alldredges.  Bummer, because it would've been nice to see what happened with April on a new season.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I'd like to know what April has been saying, because it would be worth hearing her side instead of this crap lamenting their loss. I felt April always acted like she was never on board with the polygamy thing, & I see Drew as someone who would push it & do whatever he wanted regardless. She seemed to me, a woman scorned. I'm happy for her that she was strong enough to leave & get her kids out of that toxicity & hope they all have a great future. The others can rot together as they defend their nasty lifestyle.

• Love 8

For some reason now the link isn't working for me (about why the Briney family isn't returning to TLC) so I can't actually quote who said what.

One of the wives said something to the effect of:  "If April were mentally stable she would not have left like she did".  To this I say bullcrap.  Just because polygamy works for YOU, and YOU want it and like it and find it so wonderful, does NOT mean that the rest of the population is supposed to agree.  Just because YOU like sharing someone else's husband doesn't mean that at some point the FIRST and LEGAL wife isn't going to get fed up with sharing HER legal husband's meager time (writing takes concentration and TIME) and resources with other women (who are called "wives") - not to mention having to condone his sharing a bed and having sex and children with these other wives.   

I completely support people who want to live their chosen life, as long as it does NOT hurt anyone physically, emotionally or mentally.  Once it starts hurting people you lost any of my moral support.  CLEARLY April was NOT happy with the plural marriage and CLEARLY it was DREW who wanted it and sought it out.  If April had embraced that lifestyle it would have been fine and no more would need to be said.  Everyone who had eyeballs could see that it wasn't working out for April last season and she was very unhappy.   This was hurting her emotionally - and it doesn't take a psychology degree to figure that much out - it was pretty obvious.  So to say that she wasn't in her right mind or wasn't "stable" is ridiculous.  She was unhappy - and poke her with a fork - she was done.  I applaud her bravery and fortitude to remove herself from a situation that was making her miserable.  It's unhealthy for her and in turn it makes it an unhealthy environment for her children.   I'm glad Drew can visit his kids now if he so chooses, but I think this living situation is probably for the best in regards to all of the adult members of this household.  Now Drew can tack on as many new girlfriends...er... "wives" as he chooses and April won't give a flying poop.  Good for her.  And for the record - she was one of my least favorite wives on the show because she was always unhappy and miserable.  Bravo for her taking the steps needed to lift herself up.  Bravo!

EDIT:  The link is now working for me!  I believe it was Angela I am quoting and this is what she said:  "We know that the mentally stable April would not have done the things that she’s done."        Snort!  <~~~  my response

Edited by Kyanight
Link is working, now I can correctly quote
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

The link is not working for me, could someone please tell me why they are not returning to TLC?  Thanks :)  

April said she was taking her kids on a hike and instead fled the state with them.  The family didn't hear from her for a couple of months and Drew didn't see the kids for something like 8 months.  She wants no part of their polygamist family any more.  TLC was filming all of this but I guess they decided it was too depressing or too - something - to air.   The show IS called "Seeking Sister Wife - and if the Brineys were caught up in all of this drama, they probably didn't reach out to another potential wife - or else TLC felt it was rather insensitive to be courting a NEW wife when your first wife just left you. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Blech.  I'm beyond tired of these men who sire endless children, and while their women starve themselves to remain thin, the men get more and more obese.

Wait wait wait - isn't this the dude who was rolling around on the grass with the dogs because his back was hurting?  lol

• Love 10
On 1/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, gonecrackers said:

I'd like to know what April has been saying, because it would be worth hearing her side instead of this crap lamenting their loss. I felt April always acted like she was never on board with the polygamy thing, & I see Drew as someone who would push it & do whatever he wanted regardless. She seemed to me, a woman scorned. I'm happy for her that she was strong enough to leave & get her kids out of that toxicity & hope they all have a great future. The others can rot together as they defend their nasty lifestyle.

Me too!  I was always Team April - glad to see this for her!

• Love 7
On 2019-01-20 at 1:31 PM, gonecrackers said:

I hate the condescending tone of the article...gaslighting th public like they did with April.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6

Angela is very condescending - those two bitches got exactly what they wanted.

Things must have been very bad for April to leave in the way she did; seemed like a jail break. I really don't like how this show tries to portray these people as normal & healthy when they're all  so creepy & messed up. We have no idea what their households are really like behind the scenes - they all come across very fake to me & like they're trying too hard. Might be part of the reason the Briney's were scrapped this season - maybe it got a bit too realistic with April's situation, & of course they can't let us see that.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10

Interesting...............April made that post on Facebook today and I looked and Drew, Angela and her are all still FB friends.  Wonder if this is just some publicity stunt and they will get their own show .  They could use all the footage they already shot too.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Interesting...............April made that post on Facebook today and I looked and Drew, Angela and her are all still FB friends.  Wonder if this is just some publicity stunt and they will get their own show .  They could use all the footage they already shot too.

While anything is possible - I just don't think so.  After reading your post I was curious and looked at April's friends.  Cynthia Alldredge is her friend - she left her husband Jeff Alldredge and refused to be even MENTIONED on the show - as well as their children together.  That could have been a stunt yet it never was.  They divorced and it appears that Cindy might have a new man in her life.  April was CLEARLY miserable last season.   I don't think she wanted to be on the show and since Jeff was apparently "seeking another sister wife" (which is the reason for the show and they said they met a wonderful new woman!) I think she was done.  Yet ANOTHER woman to learn to live with, share her husband with, etc.    I also think the reason she wrote that post on her fb page today was because SO many people were asking what happened to her, and having only heard her husband and sister wive's vague explanation - she wrote one of her own.  Of course this is only speculation on my part.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

April just posted this on face book. WOW!!

https://www.facebook.com/april.briney.7/posts/1619968434815531

Good on April! (So it wasn't just a rumour.) I hope she finds happiness in the new chapter in her life. 

It seemed that April did get a bit of a bad rap in the previous season, people stating that he had negative energy or was manipulating. But she was clearly miserable. Let's think about it, she meets Drew while at college (BYU, I think, both devout Mormons), falls in love, marries, starts a family, and about a decade down the line, Drew "feels the calling (in his pants I'm sure. Sorry if that gave you a bad mental image) to practice plural marriage. That had to have been tough on April. She probably wondered if she was enough or what she wasn't doing enough of for Drew to want to take on another wife. She said that it had taken her some time to get on board, and I'm sure she did because she loved him. It just didn't turn out the way she hoped. 

Too bad Angela had zero empathy (being thrice-divorced and all) with the victim-blaming stating that April didn't have the mental health to stay in the lifestyle. 

I do wonder if something similar had happened with Cindy Alldredge. I've heard rumours she and the Jeff were Mainstream Mormons at one point, but he had "felt the calling" to practice Fundamentalism. It would make some sense, because last season, they tried to push his two wives as wives one and two (no mention of Cindy or their kids), and the fact they are quite young where he's middle aged. But on the other hand, those rumours can just be that - romours as some of Cindy and Jeff's children have married into Lynn Thompson's family, and a few of their kids are practicing polygamy with some of them married to a Jessop (a prominent Fundie surname), and they were quite close to Christine Allred-Brown. I'll have to look up the information that I researched. (I've done a lot of research since I've considered beginning a blog seeing that PoliticsPrinciple is defunct and seemingly not coming back.)

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 10
On 1/19/2019 at 10:01 PM, tabloidlover said:

It’s interesting that this, which is essentially Drew’s blog, says April left the very first week of filming and while being filmed.  Makes me wonder if she wanted to leave for a long time but didn’t feel safe until there was a camera crew involved to prevent Drew and the other wives from doing something hurtful to April and/or the kids.  

Also interesting that the blog says TLC isn’t releasing the footage because of HIPAA concerns.   HIPAA laws are complex and often misunderstood so it would be easy for Drew, being a lawyer, to threaten TLC with a lawsuit whether or not there is any validity (I imagine the claim is 100% bogus but it wouldn’t cost Drew anything to file a bunch of lawsuits that TLC wouldn’t want to spend any money fighting because they have enough footage of the other families so the show will go on).

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Looking back through the Briney family blog and found this: http://thebrineyfamily.com/2018/07/06/aprils-apology-regarding-season-1/

So the Briney’s say April left May 26 and cut off all contact with them for months, but they posted a supposed apology from April dated July 6.  Looks like Drew, Angela and Auralee are playing fast and loose with the facts.

Hmmm.  That's so strange!  Here is what Angela wrote on January 19, 2019.    "It would be many months before we could even have open communication with any of the children and seven months before we would even get to see them.  She left on May 26th, Lenny’s 1st and Laurelei’s 12th birthdays, right after their birthday party.  We didn’t see the kids she took until December 21st. "     

OK... this is just a weird thought I had but.... what if APRIL wasn't the one who wrote the apology on July 6th but someone ELSE in the family?  Because the rest of the family was all consumed with being on TLC so maybe this was just a ruse to smooth things over?   Why would April THANK the family for taking care of her children if her children were WITH her in Utah - Angela herself said they didn't see them until December!  

From July 6th - supposedly April:  "Thank you for every bedtime story, every glass of milk and every comforting touch you offered my children while I was gone".   Uh - WHAT?  This makes it sound like she came back in July?  What did she do - hide the kids in closets so that the family couldn't see them until Christmas?  Kind of like you hide Christmas presents???

Also - does this sound like something April would say... or like something another family member THINKS she should say?  This is from July 6th and was supposedly written by April:  "There were some times in season 1 that I truly was so mean and I would like to publicly acknowledge and apologize to my friends and family for representing myself so poorly and for contributing in contentious ways to the family dynamic. I am truly and deeply humbled and sorry. It has been painfully embarrassing to realize on national tv that my mind was not whole. I was not myself, nor did I realize what I was doing or saying at times."

This is all so strange.  You can't give them bedtime stories and milk and comfort if you didn't even see them until Christmas.   

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

While anything is possible - I just don't think so.  After reading your post I was curious and looked at April's friends.  Cynthia Alldredge is her friend - she left her husband Jeff Alldredge and refused to be even MENTIONED on the show - as well as their children together.  That could have been a stunt yet it never was.  They divorced and it appears that Cindy might have a new man in her life.  April was CLEARLY miserable last season.   I don't think she wanted to be on the show and since Jeff was apparently "seeking another sister wife" (which is the reason for the show and they said they met a wonderful new woman!) I think she was done.  Yet ANOTHER woman to learn to live with, share her husband with, etc.    I also think the reason she wrote that post on her fb page today was because SO many people were asking what happened to her, and having only heard her husband and sister wive's vague explanation - she wrote one of her own.  Of course this is only speculation on my part.

And pure speculation on my part as well.  It makes sense to me that she and Cindy Alldredge are friends though.  First of all, I think all these folks know each other,  Plus now, April and Cindy have a lot in common! :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KariLois said:

I also think that Angela and Auralee wrote that apology.  Those two bitches must be SO happy right now,

Did you see April's post on her facebook page about how they took her clothes and are wearing them?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Good on April! (So it wasn't just a rumour.) I hope she finds happiness in the new chapter in her life. 

It seemed that April did get a bit of a bad rap in the previous season, people stating that he had negative energy or was manipulating. But she was clearly miserable. Let's think about it, she meets Drew while at college (BYU, I think, both devout Mormons), falls in love, marries, starts a family, and about a decade down the line, Drew "feels the calling (in his pants I'm sure. Sorry if that gave you a bad mental image) to practice plural marriage. That had to have been tough on April. She probably wondered if she was enough or what she wasn't doing enough of for Drew to want to take on another wife. She said that it had taken her some time to get on board, and I'm sure she did because she loved him. It just didn't turn out the way she hoped. 

Too bad Angela had zero empathy (being thrice-divorced and all) with the victim-blaming stating that April didn't have the mental health to stay in the lifestyle. 

I do wonder if something similar had happened with Cindy Alldredge. I've heard rumours she and the Jeff were Mainstream Mormons at one point, but he had "felt the calling" to practice Fundamentalism. It would make some sense, because last season, they tried to push his two wives as wives one and two (no mention of Cindy or their kids), and the fact they are quite young where he's middle aged. But on the other hand, those rumours can just be that - romours as some of Cindy and Jeff's children have married into Lynn Thompson's family, and a few of their kids are practicing polygamy with some of them married to a Jessop (a prominent Fundie surname), and they were quite close to Christine Allred-Brown. I'll have to look up the information that I researched. (I've done a lot of research since I've considered beginning a blog seeing that PoliticsPrinciple is defunct and seemingly not coming back.)

I always found Auralee the most manipulative, which isn't surprising because she was the only one raised in polygamy.  Polygamy breeds manipulation into women because it's the only control they have.   I can't even remember how many times Auralee went crying to Daddy about how mean and awful April was.  In fact, Auralee even managed to seize the master bedroom - the power seat - and blamed mean old April for forcing her to take it.

Angela's addition is completely bizarre, IMO.  But note she's making bank off the situation, and got what she was truly after, IMO, which is a baby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Good for April.  Why she fell for that namby pamby manspreading unattractive person in the first place, she was young and he was LDS, as she was.

When he "had a revelation from God" to take other wives?  FTS, she should have split then & there.  What an asshole Drew Briney is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7