Type keyword(s) to search

The Alldredges

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, DippityDo said:

Seems everyone has related some how. Aspen Brown is engaged to Vanessa Alldredge Brother (Thompson). Madison hubby Brown’s husband Caleb is like a 3rd cousin or something. Janelle Brown used to be married to Meri Browns brother. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg I’m sure. 

Christine Brown is an Allred too, isn't she?  I get a headache from thinking about so many relatives, half-brothers/sisters, moms, etc.  Plyg life is way too complicated.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Gothish520 said:

That may be part of it, but I think the bigger reason is that younger women = more babies. It's all about having tons of kids, isn't it? That's why I now think it's possible the storyline with Melina was bull - once they learned she couldn't have children, it was game over. I could be way off base, but that's the feeling I get.

The younger women are most available because they marry so young and there aren't a large amount of divorces.  So if you choose to add wives as you age, your automatically limited to younger women unless you find a widow or a rarer divorced woman (and maybe that's why they tend to add a second and even third wife so quickly).  Brady Williams's wives all seem around his age.  Kody's wives too except Robyn, and she came with three kids.  Drew gained an age appropriate third wife, but they had to seek outside their religion to get one.  I guess points to the Brineys for not seeking a fresh eighteen year old?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, Kyanight said:

Does first wife even still live with him?  Because there was that big drama over the master bedroom.  Wouldn't first wife get that room?  I don't know.... I highly suspect first wife isn't even in the picture any more.

The bedroom drama was the Briney family.  

• Love 2

Allegedly Vanessa actually met Jeff at Kody Brown’s house. Now, Aspyn Brown is engaged to Vanessa’s brother. The Alldredge family is also related to the Allreds which are Christine Brown’s relatives. Are all polygamist families this intertwined?! 

• Love 2
On 2/11/2018 at 3:55 PM, RedheadZombie said:
On 2/2/2018 at 4:03 PM, Kyanight said:

Does first wife even still live with him?  Because there was that big drama over the master bedroom.  Wouldn't first wife get that room?  I don't know.... I highly suspect first wife isn't even in the picture any more.

The bedroom drama was the Briney family.  

Oh duh!!  It's hard to keep those two families straight sometimes!   I don't know why - they aren't even really that much alike.  lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Are all polygamist families this intertwined?! 

In a word, yes. I really wish the Principleruspolitics tumblr blog was still up and running for the new generation of viewers. It was very helpful for those of us who were in on the ground floor of the Brown's show (and I used it to get a handle on the folks in my former town). The author of the blog had most of the plyg families, going back to the originals in Utah, mapped out. They also were able to connect all the plygs in the current media and included all the background info, law enforcement actions and such. I would spend days on that site.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Allegedly Vanessa actually met Jeff at Kody Brown’s house. Now, Aspyn Brown is engaged to Vanessa’s brother. The Alldredge family is also related to the Allreds which are Christine Brown’s relatives. Are all polygamist families this intertwined?! 

Holy grossness.  Let's not forget that Janelle Brown's mother married Kody's father.  Based on Aspyn's announcement, I would definitely not be surprised if she ended up polyg.  Also, that guy needs to shave that beard thing he has going.

• Love 2

Can I post a spoiler? I found a Instagram post of someone who worked on the show in some way. They said they worked on the baby shower episode of this show and the pic was of this family. And they (the Allredges) had liked the post. I’m not even sure how the pic popped up in my timeline and I’m sure I’ll never be able to find it again. Makes me think this pregnancy scare is staged?? 

• Love 4
On 2/2/2018 at 5:26 PM, Rainflower said:

Well, there is a possibility that Aspyn is marrying her cousin.

Wow, I need this in linear form. Does knowing that he is Vanessa's brother make either of these scenarios more likely?

• Love 3
On 2/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, Soup333 said:

Can I post a spoiler? I found a Instagram post of someone who worked on the show in some way. They said they worked on the baby shower episode of this show and the pic was of this family. And they (the Allredges) had liked the post. I’m not even sure how the pic popped up in my timeline and I’m sure I’ll never be able to find it again. Makes me think this pregnancy scare is staged?? 

There is a spoiler tag. Just use that so if someone wants to get spoiled they can reveal the info.

Spoiler

The spoiler tag is the little Harry Potter lightening button.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:05 AM, Rainflower said:

1. Alldredge appears to be Jeffs real last name.

2. Someone on reddit's seekingsisterwifetlc posted a photo dated 2010 of Jeff and an older woman who appears to be his wife. Image: https://imgur.com/W3IHAlw

3. There is another photo of Jeff and the same older woman I came across while searching Jeff's name. The woman uses her maiden name and "Alldredge".

4. The older woman has children who appears to be older.

5. No info on whether the older woman is Jeff's wife (the picture I came across LOOKS as if they were a couple). No info on whether or not the possible marriage ended or if there is a separation (she uses "Alldredge" on FB). No info on whether she was in a polygamous relationship with Jeff.

The Alldredges are Independent Fundamental Mormons. No info on whether Jeff converted (If they said so on their show, I apologize. I find them to be boring so it is hard to pay attention to details when they are on).

If I read right (or if the poster is correct) on the Reddit site, Jeff and his first wife were married for some time, up until he "felt the calling" to live plural marriage. He (and his first wife) may have been mainstream Mormons, or probably fundamentalists and somehow Jeff's first wife was hoping that their marriage would be a monogamous one.

But if Alldredge Wife #1 is close friends with Christine, I doubt they would be mainstream LDS. I could be wrong, though.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:
On 1/25/2018 at 7:05 AM, Rainflower said:

1. Alldredge appears to be Jeffs real last name.

2. Someone on reddit's seekingsisterwifetlc posted a photo dated 2010 of Jeff and an older woman who appears to be his wife. Image: https://imgur.com/W3IHAlw

3. There is another photo of Jeff and the same older woman I came across while searching Jeff's name. The woman uses her maiden name and "Alldredge".

4. The older woman has children who appears to be older.

5. No info on whether the older woman is Jeff's wife (the picture I came across LOOKS as if they were a couple). No info on whether or not the possible marriage ended or if there is a separation (she uses "Alldredge" on FB). No info on whether she was in a polygamous relationship with Jeff.

The Alldredges are Independent Fundamental Mormons. No info on whether Jeff converted (If they said so on their show, I apologize. I find them to be boring so it is hard to pay attention to details when they are on).

If I read right (or if the poster is correct) on the Reddit site, Jeff and his first wife were married for some time, up until he "felt the calling" to live plural marriage. He (and his first wife) may have been mainstream Mormons, or probably fundamentalists and somehow Jeff's first wife was hoping that their marriage would be a monogamous one.

But if Alldredge Wife #1 is close friends with Christine, I doubt they would be mainstream LDS. I could be wrong, though.

Her name is Cindy Alldredge and Jeff admitted online that she's his first wife and she did NOT want to be on the show.  No word as to whether they are still married or separated.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2018 at 12:21 PM, Juliegirlj said:

I don't doubt it. With communities such as these, there are quite a few tangles. I hope you're sitting down for what I am about to post...

So Per @sioux2 's post, Aspyn (Allred) Brown's fiance Mitch Thompson is the son (or grandson) of Lynn Thompson, who is the father of Rosemary (Thompson) Williams of "My Five Wives."

Mitch Thompson is the brother of Vanessa Allldredge (half/whole, I don't know).

Two of Lynn's wives are Allreds. We have Rhoda Allred who is Christine's half-aunt, being the half-sister of Christine's father (Rex Clark Allred). We also have Donna Beth Allred Jessop who is the sister of the former AUB prophet (and Christine's grandfather) Rulon Allred. The latter is the daughter of Joseph Smith Jessop (who Karlie Williams-Jessop's husband's ancestor. Great-grat-great-great-great uncle, I believe) and Beth Allred.

Ya'll still with me?

So Jeff and Allredge Wife #1 (or soon to be ex-wife, as they had been separated for some time)'s son is married to Vannesa and Mitch's sister. Their daughter is married to Vanessa and Mitch's brother, who is also married to another girl who hails from the Jessop clan.

Allred, Jessops (and Barlows)! Oh my!

There's more.

Does anyone remember "Polygamy USA" which focused on the Centennial Park group?

So Marlene and Isaiah "Thompson (real name Barlow) joined that group a some time ago. At first I assumed that they left the FLDS since that was the group that Centennial Park had broken away from. But there were some old photos of them featured when they were first married and just starting out. By the way they were dressed, they definitely were not FLDS. And from the look of their wedding photo they married for love, so it clearlywas not an arranged marriage. So either they were Independent Fundamentalists, or they were from AUB.  Here is why I believe they were from the AUB:

Marlene is Christine's first cousin. I'm not sure from whom, probably not an Allred since Marlene's maiden name is Kunz. 

Isaiah is the first cousin of Alina Boss-Darger, but is also a first cousin of (get this) Joe Darger! That's quite a few people from the AUB that they are kin to.(On another note, Isaiah is also a descendant of a Jessop and a Kingston.)

I'll post more information later. My lunch hour is almost over. 

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
Too many damn typos!
  • Love 10

Well, I know my boring monogamous head is spinning from your post, @giaNtsandYankees.  No way would I want to have to research my family history, if it's that confusing!

These men that claim "a calling" to live polygamy, really piss me off, ESPECIALLY if they are already married to one unfortunate woman, who has his kids, and can't summon the wherewithal to leave his horny ass.  They use religion as an excuse to boink other women, and for the illusion that they are NOT simply cheating bastards.  

Sorry for the rant.  I'm ashamed (well, sort of) that I am simultaneously intrigued and repelled by watching shows about what are to me, weird beliefs.  YMMV.

So I like to snark.

• Love 12
On 2/22/2018 at 10:49 AM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Does anyone remember "Polygamy USA" which focused on the Centennial Park group?

So Marlene and Isaiah "Thompson (real name Barlow) joined that group a some time ago. At first I assumed that they left the FLDS since that was the group that Centennial Park had broken away from. But there were some old photos of them featured when they were first married and just starting out. By the way they were dressed, they definitely were not FLDS. And from the look of their wedding photo they married for love, so it clearlywas not an arranged marriage. So either they were Independent Fundamentalists, or they were from AUB.  Here is why I believe they were from the AUB:

Marlene is Christine's first cousin. I'm not sure from whom, probably not an Allred since Marlene's maiden name is Kunz. 

Isaiah is the first cousin of Alina Boss-Darger, but is also a first cousin of (get this) Joe Darger! That's quite a few people from the AUB that they are kin to.(On another note, Isaiah is also a descendant of a Jessop and a Kingston.)

I'll post more information later. My lunch hour is almost over. 

Okay ya'll, I'm back! Picking up where I left off with the family wreath that keeps spreading across the polygamous communities. @xwordfanatik, get ready for your head to keep spinning!

So I noted that Isaiah is the first cousin of Alina Darger. Let's take a look at his family tree:

Isaiah Boss Barlow:

Parents: Haven Roy Owen Barlow and Karen Hazel Wayman Boss

Paternal Grandparents: Albert Edmund Barlow and Maurine Kingston Owen

Maternal Grandparents: Arnold Nathan Boss Sr. and Hazel Jessop Wayman

Isaiah's mother Karen is the aunt of Alina Kelsch Boss Darger, making them first cousins.

Oh, and Marlene and Isaiah are also first cousins.

Now let's talk about those Jessops!

Since I had mentioned two of the family members from "My Five Wives" (Rosemary Williams and Karlie Williams Jessop) I'll start with them.

So all five of Brady William's wives are cousins. Two of them are first cousins (Rhonda and Robyn) but the others are either second, third or fourth cousins. All of them are related to David Preston Jessop. Does that name sound familiar? He is none other than the former husband of Robyn Sullivan-Brown that had "stole her purity" which was miraculously restored to be given to its rightful owner, Kody Brown. </snark>

At least two of the wives' maiden name is Jessop.

Now in my last post, I mentioned that Karlie Williams-Jessop's husband is a Jessop. So if you gather that Karlie's husband is cousin, you had gathered correctly. Not only are they cousins, they are triple cousins. Before we get to the family tree (or wreath rather), I'll give you all a minute to ask yourselves how that is possible. Here we go...

So Karlie Williams and her husband Jake Jenson Jessop are both descendants of Joseph Lyman Jessop and Rachel Porter. Both are also descendants of William Moore Allred (which means that it is more than likely that this duo are related to Christine Brown).

Here's their family line:

Karlie Williams (mother's side):

-> Paulie -> Marcie -> Mary Jessop -> Joseph Lyman Jessop

Jake Jenson Jessop (father's side):

Jake -> Benjamin Jessop -> Marvin Jessop -> Joseph Lyman Jessop

Jake Jenson Jessop (father's side):

Jake -> Christina Jenson -> J. LaMoine Jenson -> Letha Olson -> Louisa Francis Jessop -> Richard Jessop

Louisa Francis Jessop was the sister of Joseph Smith Jessop, Sr. and Moroni Jessop.

Some others that are a Jessop, be it directly or distantly:

• Christine Brown (so she definitely IS polygamist royalty)! She's also a LeBaron through her mother, Ruthann Elizabeth "Annie" LeBaron. I believe Evril LeBaron is Annie's brother...he is DEFINITELY Christine's uncle. This is the same Evril that had Christine's grandfather, Rulon Allred murdered. Yikes!
  • Michael "Creepy Cawley" through his great grandmother, Fawnetta Jessop.
  • Isaiah Barlow, as mentioned before.

Obviously, Jessop is a popular and prominent name in Mormon Fundamentalism, just like Barlow and Allred (and maybe LeBaron). You'll find a Jessop in almost all of the known polygamous sects.

*I also wanted to add a few things. Someone on this thread asked about Maddie Brown, Christine and Janelle.

Maddie Brown and her husband Caleb Brush are not third cousins. They are only family by marriage. Caleb's sister was married (now widowed) to Curtis Brown, Kody's brother. This would make Caleb Maddie's uncle-in-law. So they are not related, but  that is indeed a close family tie.

Christine and Kody are third cousins through...(you probably guessed it) an Allred. They're probably also cousins through a Jessop. I read somewhere that Robyn Brown's semi-notorious ex David Preston Jessop is Christine's first cousin and Kody's third cousin. (So Kody might be his adopted childrens' fourth cousin, with Christine being their second. Strange.

Janelle and Kody are step-siblings. So Janelle was once married to Meri's brother, Adam Barber. She had him converted to mainstream Mormonism and then married him. They divorced after six months, and then she converts to fundamentalism to marry Kody Brown. Janelle's family was not forthcoming to Janelle's decision to convert to fundamentalism, but her mother converted to it in support of her daughter. Janelle's mother would marry Kody's father Winn before Janelle and Kody spiritually tied the knot. Quite a few ties in that family, eh?

Now with Winston Blackmore's family, there are knots in that family wreath. I guess when you're in a community that small (about 1,000), where most of them are descended by only a half of dozen men, it's inevitable.

Maybe I should start a blog with this info...

Typos!
  • Love 17

giaNtsandYankees, that's a lot to take in. But, are you saying that Aspyn Brown's fiance Mitch, Vanessa from this show, Rosemary from My Five Wives, and the husband of Jeff’s secret older daughter, and the wife of Jeff’s secret older son are all siblings (either half or full)?

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, sioux21 said:

giaNtsandYankees, that's a lot to take in. But, are you saying that Aspyn Brown's fiance Mitch, Vanessa from this show, Rosemary from My Five Wives, and the husband of Jeff’s secret older daughter, and the wife of Jeff’s secret older son are all siblings (either half or full)?

It IS a lot to take in! When I was doing the research, I had to sit back and read what I found again. But yes, Apsyn's fiance Mitchell Thompson is the brother (half/full) to Vanessa Alldredge, Rosemary Williams, and brother-in-law to Jeff and mystery wife #1's (just found out her name is Cindy) son and daughter. I'm trying to find their names.

Like I said, the family wreath continues to spread...

• Love 2
On 11/02/2018 at 2:55 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I would have thought he got the Master bedroom?

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Christine and Kody are third cousins through...(you probably guessed it) an Allred. They're probably also cousins through a Jessop. I read somewhere that Robyn Brown's semi-notorious ex David Preston Jessop is Christine's first cousin and Kody's third cousin. (So Kody might be his adopted childrens' fourth cousin, with Christine being their second. Strange.

Christine and Kody are not related.  According to their book, Christine is polygamy royalty and Kody was a main stream Mormon who went away on a two year mission and return to find that his family had converted to Fundamentalism.  

• Love 2

@Adeejay

They ARE related. Kody's mother, Genielle Tew-Brown's mother was Josephine Allred. Her parents were William Moore Allred and Orissa Angela Bates.

Images of their family trees are below:

Genielle Brown (Kody's mother):

image.png

Rex Allred (Christine's father):

image.thumb.png.fe6ea01b7694055c9f32df3098b775d0.png

If you look at Rulon's tree, you'll see that his great grandparents are William Moore Allred  and Orissa Angela Bates. Making Christine and Kody cousins. I'm sure they probably weren't aware they were related. I could be wrong.

Yes Kody was Mainstream LDS, and converted shortly after serving a mission. Orissa Bates and William Allred were alive during the time polygamy was taking place within the LDS church before it was disbanded in 1890 and before the fundamentalist sects began to break away in the 1920's.

And here's more information that I found while trying to verify the information. It was on a discussion board from two years ago, but I believe it was from the now defunct PoliticsPrinciple:

Did you know that Robyn's ex is a Jessop? Don't know if you remember that book "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop some years back about her finally getting away from the polygamist FLDS cult. Also found this:

David Preston Jessop is

1. the exhusband of Robyn Sullivan Brown & father of their three children David “Dayton” Preston Jessop jr, Aurora Jessop and Breanna Jessop,

2. simultaneously 1st cousin & 2nd cousin of Christine Brown [1st cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; 2nd cousin through Christine’s stepgrandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop]

3. 1st cousin [& some other stuff simultaneously] of Meri Brown’s other mothers Shirley & Judy,

4. 3rd cousin of Kody Brown,

5. 2nd cousin of Mindy Jessop

6. 1st or 2nd cousin of all 5 wives of Brady Williams as well as of Brady Williams’ brother-in-law and Brady Williams’ son-in-law

7. 2nd cousin of Vicki & Valerie Darger (plus their stepcousin is married to his full brother).

So I guess the judge is really just awarding custody to extended family members.

Images uploaded incorrectly.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Christine and Kody are not related.  According to their book, Christine is polygamy royalty and Kody was a main stream Mormon who went away on a two year mission and return to find that his family had converted to Fundamentalism.  

I believe Kody's dad had a miraculous revelation to polygamy first.  So Kody was given a little nudge.

• Love 2

I always thought Alldredges were the most likable of the 3 couples, but hiding this first wife seems so dishonest.  Jeff also seems way too old to not have older children and more wives, so I guess adding first wife Cindy into this makes total sense.  Wonder what their status is now??

• Love 5
On 2/26/2018 at 10:11 AM, SuzieQ said:

I always thought Alldredges were the most likable of the 3 couples, but hiding this first wife seems so dishonest. 

Perhaps she elected for her own personal reasons not to participate and he, the other wives, and TLC are respecting her wishes.  If that's the case, rather than calling it dishonest perhaps it should be framed as being respectful.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Perhaps she elected for her own personal reasons not to participate and he, the other wives, and TLC are respecting her wishes.  If that's the case, rather than calling it dishonest perhaps it should be framed as being respectful.

I don't think anyone here would argue with that (I COULD be wrong though, since I can't speak for everyone!).   My personal issue with his behavior is treating the family like they never even existed.  She doesn't want to be on camera?  Fine.  Understandable.  Not my cup of tea, either.  But when someone asks how many kids he has he could say "I have 23", instead of just claiming the youngest.  Or be respectful by not calling Vanessa the "first wife".  I honestly like Vanessa - I think she she is the most "together" person on the show - but she is NOT the first wife  - Cindy was the first wife.  So yes - keep them off camera, no problem.  But don't treat them like they are non-entities... because trust me, the audience WILL find out and have questions.  It is easier to say from the onset:   "I have a first wife and 8 children who did not want to be on the show and I respect that" - OR "I had a first marriage that didn't work out (if they are divorced/separated) and now Vanessa is my first wife in this group".   Honestly, he can say whatever he wants to about the situation.   If I were a child from that first marriage I would feel pretty much "not valued" by my father, the way he handled it.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Could very well be, but since they aren't representing the whole family accurately, I think they just shouldn't have done the show.  Seems like they should be all in or nothing.  Plus the dynamics change since Vanessa is portrayed as the first wife and she's not.  First wives seem to play a vastly different role in these polygamist shows.

59 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think anyone here would argue with that (I COULD be wrong though, since I can't speak for everyone!).   My personal issue with his behavior is treating the family like they never even existed.  She doesn't want to be on camera?  Fine.  Understandable.  Not my cup of tea, either.  But when someone asks how many kids he has he could say "I have 23", instead of just claiming the youngest.  Or be respectful by not calling Vanessa the "first wife".  I honestly like Vanessa - I think she she is the most "together" person on the show - but she is NOT the first wife  - Cindy was the first wife.  So yes - keep them off camera, no problem.  But don't treat them like they are non-entities... because trust me, the audience WILL find out and have questions.  It is easier to say from the onset:   "I have a first wife and 8 children who did not want to be on the show and I respect that" - OR "I had a first marriage that didn't work out (if they are divorced/separated) and now Vanessa is my first wife in this group".   Honestly, he can say whatever he wants to about the situation.   If I were a child from that first marriage I would feel pretty much "not valued" by my father, the way he handled it.

This exactly^!

Maybe dishonest was not the word I should have used, but disrespectful to his first family seems more accurate.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, speakingofpolygamy said:

I'm friends with Vanessa Alldredge and I talked to her about her molar pregnancy, her surgery, and the complications she had afterwards.  I wrote about it on my blog.  https://speakingofpolygamy.com/2018/02/28/morning-sickness-midwives-and-molar-pregnancies/  I have other posts with commentary about Seeking Sister Wife that you might be interested in.  (oh, yeah, and I'm a polygamist)

Although anyone can be anything they choose online  - I'm a sheep, afterall!! - I think I believe you.   How many wives do you have?

I like your articles, they are well-written.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 1:55 PM, SuzieQ said:

Could very well be, but since they aren't representing the whole family accurately, I think they just shouldn't have done the show.  Seems like they should be all in or nothing.  Plus the dynamics change since Vanessa is portrayed as the first wife and she's not.  First wives seem to play a vastly different role in these polygamist shows.

This exactly^!

Maybe dishonest was not the word I should have used, but disrespectful to his first family seems more accurate.

I watched an episode tonight and had to laugh when the Husband was moaning about potential sister wives who end up not being what the family hoped for. Am I the only one looking at this family and thinking, he's old and disgusting yet wants (clearly) a young wife he can have sex with and pump out more babies. Even with a scarf around his head, she still has to deal with his 20+ years older body. I believe the women even considering this group are more interested in the wives than him. Too disgusting for words. No way would God summon me to lie with this type of male. God would want women to recognize their full worth and not their worth as only an extension of some horny guy. 

• Love 7
On 2/22/2018 at 12:49 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

By the way they were dressed, they definitely were not FLDS.

I remember reading somewhere that they were not originally living in Centennial Park.  At some point they decided they wanted to be closer to their own kind or spiritually closer to them.  Or when they decided they wanted to take on a second wife. 

21 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I remember reading somewhere that they were not originally living in Centennial Park.  At some point they decided they wanted to be closer to their own kind or spiritually closer to them.  Or when they decided they wanted to take on a second wife. 

They are/were part of the AUB, the same group that the Browns are/were a part of and the My Five Wives family left. It is considered the more "liberal" of the fundamentalist sects. 

• Useful 2

I still like Alldredge's second and third wife.  They seem like really nice people.  I highly doubt their new applicant is going to fit in, but I will sit back and see how the season unfolds.  Going from the single lifestyle in New York working as a bartender at night and riding motorcycles and getting tats - to living with a man and his two other wives and hordes of kids is kind of a huge culture shock, in my opinion.  But maybe she's ready to settle down and have a Duggarful of babies and cook and clean and do laundry for a family the size of a small town.  Stranger things have happened!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, Kyanight said:

I still like Alldredge's second and third wife.  They seem like really nice people.  I highly doubt their new applicant is going to fit in, but I will sit back and see how the season unfolds.  Going from the single lifestyle in New York working as a bartender at night and riding motorcycles and getting tats - to living with a man and his two other wives and hordes of kids is kind of a huge culture shock, in my opinion.  But maybe she's ready to settle down and have a Duggarful of babies and cook and clean and do laundry for a family the size of a small town.  Stranger things have happened!

I think it's HIGHLY more likely she's just looking to be on television.

• Love 10
On 1/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, lezlers said:

I think it's HIGHLY more likely she's just looking to be on television.

THIS! 

I just don't see a bikini wearing, bartending, nail painting, tatooed biker chick fitting in with the stick up the butt religious Aldridge gang.

I see what her motives might be (TV exposure) but wtf are the Aldridge's thnking??

Do they really think this "firecracker" wants to live way out in the sticks with a hoard of kids, married to an old man and ruining her bikini body with multiple pregnancies?  😂😂😂

• Love 8

After tonight's episode I was thinking that Jennifer MIGHT actually work out with this family, because she HAS been raised around polygamists and she understands their religious beliefs, and she also loves and wants children.  But then you see her smoking the cigarette and you think - Really - Jeff doesn't mind that?  And the other wives and kids aren't going to be bothered by the smoking?  Nothing wrong with smoking - totally personal choice - but when you have a religious family of nonsmokers and you move a smoker into the household - there's going to be issues.

• Love 5
On 2/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

@Adeejay

They ARE related. Kody's mother, Genielle Tew-Brown's mother was Josephine Allred. Her parents were William Moore Allred and Orissa Angela Bates.

Images of their family trees are below:

Genielle Brown (Kody's mother):

image.png

Rex Allred (Christine's father):

image.thumb.png.fe6ea01b7694055c9f32df3098b775d0.png

If you look at Rulon's tree, you'll see that his great grandparents are William Moore Allred  and Orissa Angela Bates. Making Christine and Kody cousins. I'm sure they probably weren't aware they were related. I could be wrong.

Yes Kody was Mainstream LDS, and converted shortly after serving a mission. Orissa Bates and William Allred were alive during the time polygamy was taking place within the LDS church before it was disbanded in 1890 and before the fundamentalist sects began to break away in the 1920's.

And here's more information that I found while trying to verify the information. It was on a discussion board from two years ago, but I believe it was from the now defunct PoliticsPrinciple:

Did you know that Robyn's ex is a Jessop? Don't know if you remember that book "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop some years back about her finally getting away from the polygamist FLDS cult. Also found this:

David Preston Jessop is

1. the exhusband of Robyn Sullivan Brown & father of their three children David “Dayton” Preston Jessop jr, Aurora Jessop and Breanna Jessop,

2. simultaneously 1st cousin & 2nd cousin of Christine Brown [1st cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; 2nd cousin through Christine’s stepgrandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop]

3. 1st cousin [& some other stuff simultaneously] of Meri Brown’s other mothers Shirley & Judy,

4. 3rd cousin of Kody Brown,

5. 2nd cousin of Mindy Jessop

6. 1st or 2nd cousin of all 5 wives of Brady Williams as well as of Brady Williams’ brother-in-law and Brady Williams’ son-in-law

7. 2nd cousin of Vicki & Valerie Darger (plus their stepcousin is married to his full brother).

So I guess the judge is really just awarding custody to extended family members.

🤦

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

His comment about Jennifer being a lot to handle and making his wives rowdy makes me think he subscribes to the keep sweet philosophy. Jennifer looks like his other wives but she looked scared at the idea of immediately having lots of babies.

His comment about Jennifer riling up the other wives made me think that Jennifer has a lot more chemistry with either of them than she does with Jeff.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

His comment about Jennifer riling up the other wives made me think that Jennifer has a lot more chemistry with either of them than she does with Jeff.

They said Sharis found her online.  Didn't Sharis find las year's potential SW also?  She's trying to move herself up from the bottom of the hierarchy in that house 😄. Or she is finding earning potential that got them that nice ranch!  And a vacay to Niagara Falls this year!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Have not seen them so far on tonight's episode.  Wonder what is up with them.

Ok, Sharis Alldredge said they don't always show every family in every episode.  They will be on next week.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 2

I'm starting to think the little bartending, smoking, firecracker has had her fun and dumped them.

I find it very odd that they even considered her... I'm a non-smoker and I can't imagine living with a smoker. 

Nothing about Jennifer seems to fit in with their little family... Mr Aldridge needs to take the wheel and drive this car wreck out of the ditch and put them on a solid course with an appropriate person.

The whole thing stinks! 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm starting to think the little bartending, smoking, firecracker has had her fun and dumped them.

I find it very odd that they even considered her... I'm a non-smoker and I can't imagine living with a smoker. 

Nothing about Jennifer seems to fit in with their little family... Mr Aldridge needs to take the wheel and drive this car wreck out of the ditch and put them on a solid course with an appropriate person.

The whole thing stinks! 

It just doesn't make sense!  The ONLY thing she had going for her in this situation is that she was raised in polygamy.  Clearly her lifestyle is 180 degrees off of that now... so why think she is going to turn into a "Little House on the Prairie Girl" again?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2