Type keyword(s) to search

The Snowdens: Ashley, Dmitri, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, but definitely no Vanessa

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Please place any particularly disturbing details of the accusations against Dmitri or Ashley behind spoiler tags so that other posters can choose whether they would like to read them. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, JodyBug said:

Hello, @VedaPierce! A Joan Crawford fan? ? Pleasure to meet you!

This is actually the first time I've ever posted about a reality show. I do watch others, for the same reason you do. In the end, we're all human, but the dysfunction on these shows is very producer, ego, financially, and alcohol driven -- and I keep that in mind. I watch a few of the Real Housewives series, but don't analyse them so much because it's almost too obvious what train wrecks and/or publicity-wh*res the characters are. I would post more if there were more shows as compelling as Seeking Sister Wive. I do not like the Sister Wives series and do not watch it. It's the deception in the Snowden Saga that get me. Now that I'm saying that what they're doing is criminal, but I'm a true crime buff and when there's a big (and I mean BIG) story in the news, something akin to Scott Peterson, etc, I'm all over it. I love to find the flaws. Oh, I miss Nancy Grace!!!

Any show you love and want to recommend that you think might be fun to analyse together?

Thank you SO SO much for your compliments regarding my posts! That means a great deal to me. I really appreciate it. 

Pleasure to meet you too, Jodybug! :)

I love Veda-the ultimate villain that finally got what she had coming to her...that's what I'm always waiting for -and ALWAYS disappointed because I never get- the Reality villain's comeuppance. It never happens. Maybe that's actually the true 'Reality',... sadly, in the real world, the bad guys aren't always punished. I watch all the Real Housewives shows. I like them all for different reasons. I've always liked to watch Sister Wives for their duplicity. They are all so full of shit and are trying so hard to portray a fake, happy lifestyle, when in reality, the women hate each other. I like watching for the cracks. I guess I'm waiting for the melt down from one of them...I got one sort of during the catfish scandal. I like when the fake reality they try so hard to present is shattered by truth, and narcissistic fame whores have to face who they really are, and I think all reality show participants are deeply narcissistic-well, maybe not Lisa Vanderfabulous ;)

That's why I liked this show. The dysfunction was front and center and barely suppressed...especially with the Snowdens. I could watch their sick mind games with each other and their attempts at cultural elitism and pretensions all day long :) It amuses me! Lol I hope they come back. I couldn't fast-forward past the family with the 2 wives and the non-pregnancy fast enough. Beyond dull and boring--that is until the villain Melina popped in! See? Again with the villain! Lol :) 

keep posting Jodybug! It's so fun to read real in depth analysis about terrible people. :) (Btw, I'm in the marketing and media field, and your take on these shows is spot on). There's a new one starting up tonight about 3 more wives and a guy... 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, GussieK said:

We really need a new show thread about that train wreck.  Did anyone watch? 

Watched it.  It wasn't really a train wreck.    My problem with the show is that TLC has started doing short glimpses and it's hard to get invested when you only get something like four - five (six?) episodes.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Watched it.  It wasn't really a train wreck.    My problem with the show is that TLC has started doing short glimpses and it's hard to get invested when you only get something like four - five (six?) episodes.  

I found them kind of skeevy. Too much group PDA. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GussieK said:

I found them kind of skeevy. Too much group PDA.

True.  But I effin loved the one husband telling a wife he was going to do yard work and the camera pans to a yard that is half dead grass and the other half tall weeds as he goes downstairs to kiss on the other wife.  It’s like the camera person is doing our snark job for us.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

ha, that's funny.  I have not watched the whole thing yet.  I've always relished that kind of snarky camera work from TLC producers.  They sometimes do a good job with that on the Duggars.  They ask the kids questions and just hold the camera for the know-nothing answers.  

• Love 2
On 12/27/2018 at 3:10 PM, andromeda331 said:

I didn't realize the show got a second season. 

Yes, it starts the same night of Sister Wives. I hope the Snowden’s are going to be the anchor couple from season to season. TLC knows we despise them, and controversy sells. 

• Love 5

I can’t believe how sleazy the guys are. There’s nothing “ religious “ about these families. The husbands are horny and entitled. The wives are... stupid. 

Edited by Kendra143
Misspelling
  • Love 14
On 12/26/2018 at 1:41 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

They'll once again be one of the featured couples on Seeking Sister Wife's second season. 

I saw that.   They are so.....I can't think of the right word.  I can't imagine any sane woman wanting to become a part of that family.

• Love 3
On 1/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, Kendra143 said:

I can’t believe how sleazy the guys are. There’s nothing “ religious “ about these families. The husbands are horny and entitled. The wives are... stupid. 

I want to punch Dmitri in the face whenever I see him on the commercial where he says, "I'm a guy" as if that explains the fact that he's an asshole..

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I want to punch Dmitri in the face whenever I see him on the commercial where he says, "I'm a guy" as if that explains the fact that he's an asshole..

SMARMY!!  That's the word I was looking for!  I know exactly what you mean!  And his wife....!  He's a sleezeball and I think she likes being in front of a TV camera.  Ditto for the new girlfriend.  That is the ONLY explanation for why she's Schmoozing up to these two dildos.  You can bet money she will be gone as soon as the season ends.  Probably she will fail some secret test the wife will come up with - like last time.

• Love 11
On 1/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, Kyanight said:
On 1/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, readheaded said:

SMARMY!!  That's the word I was looking for!  I know exactly what you mean!  And his wife....!  He's a sleezeball and I think she likes being in front of a TV camera.  Ditto for the new girlfriend.  That is the ONLY explanation for why she's Schmoozing up to these two dildos.  You can bet money she will be gone as soon as the season ends.  Probably she will fail some secret test the wife will come up with - like last

Yes her and her quasi intellectual BS on polygamy, she holds all the power between them. It's like she's his mother, "you can't have that cookie before dinner honey" "but mom, I'm hungry, I really want it" "You know it will spoil your appetite(for me) if you eat it now" "Ok mommy, you know best"

• Love 8
On 2/20/2018 at 11:48 PM, Brooklyns Finest said:

What an excellent read! She stated everything I feel about this loser (except she forgot to mention his habit of licking his lips when they discuss bringing a new 'wife' in. When he talks about the physical attraction he has for his new prospect, I just can't... It's like he's eying up a juicy T-bone steak. Unacceptable on every level. Wake the F up Ashley!

• Love 3

Didn't get through the whole article but definitely agree Ashley is trying way too hard to fake it. I believe that of all these people but she's one of the worst IMO. Dimitri is a POS, but she's helping him play his game; makes me wonder what her early life was like.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

There is a lot of background stuff about the Snowdens being posted in the thread for this show on Lipstick Alley.  Postings from a woman who claims to have lived with them in the past year or so and her claims of how shitty she was treated.  

OK, LOVING the site - thank you!! - but I couldn't find the thread you are talking about.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Did I hear Dimitri actually say, "she and Ashley would be sharing my member?"

He's such a narcissist.  

And it was such a gross thing to say.  OBVIOUSLY the entire viewing audience knows this already.  Dick wicked anywhere everywhere.    The way he acts, you wonder if there is really anything in his life besides sex.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

What does Dimitri do for a living? I can’t imagine wherever he works is thrilled with his portrayal on this show!?

I THINK someone said he designs robotics or something like that.  I actually like Vanessa.   She's hefty enough that Ashley doesn't seem to feel she's a huge threat, yet pretty and sparkly enough that Dimitri could still get it up for her.  (Unlike that one past girlfriend.)  But sadly, the no pork or beef rule might be the deal-breaker.  If not that, something else will pop up.

• Love 2

I love Vanessa.  She's bubbly and nice and she has amazing hair.  :) 

I don't think Ashley really wants this to work.  I think something will always come up that will be a dealbreaker. 

• Love 12

I think Vanessa is beautiful and has a great personality. But what’s in this for her? Ashley will never be a ‘fun’ girlfriend for her to hang with and she will have to give up all her own preferences and interests to live their life . She will be doing the cooking, cleaning and babysitting but won’t be able to pick out her own meals or have any say in her own life. Who would want that?

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 16
On 1/27/2019 at 11:25 PM, Kyanight said:

I THINK someone said he designs robotics or something like that.  I actually like Vanessa.   She's hefty enough that Ashley doesn't seem to feel she's a huge threat, yet pretty and sparkly enough that Dimitri could still get it up for her.  (Unlike that one past girlfriend.)  But sadly, the no pork or beef rule might be the deal-breaker.  If not that, something else will pop up.

According to his website...he designs human experiences!  And what appears to be his WORK website is full of sister wife stuff.  So weird. 

http://dimitrisnowden.com/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, snarkish said:

Just popping in here briefly, as I've only watched a bit of this ridiculous couple, but does anyone think Ashley looks like the female version of actor Don Cheadle? 

I'll see myself out now...

No she does. If you told me they were relatives I would believe it. 

• Love 2

Putting this gem here  - I wonder if her dancing is inspired by the highly esteemed dancer Whitney Thore

On 1/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, Kyanight said:

OK, LOVING the site - thank you!! - but I couldn't find the thread you are talking about.

Here is the thread- if you scroll down to post #77 you can read the SM info about the woman who lived with the Snowdens (from Reddit originally so take it for what its worth)  

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/seeking-sister-wife-season-2-returns-tonight-10pm.2098432/page-3

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

What a shocker this one is.... 

And the best she could do was a smarmy episode on polygamy?  Okay........       This was before the bindi smacked her on her forehead between her eyes..

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/15/2019 at 6:36 PM, Kyanight said:

SMARMY!!  That's the word I was looking for!  I know exactly what you mean!  And his wife....!  He's a sleezeball and I think she likes being in front of a TV camera.  Ditto for the new girlfriend.  That is the ONLY explanation for why she's Schmoozing up to these two dildos.  You can bet money she will be gone as soon as the season ends.  Probably she will fail some secret test the wife will come up with - like last time.

You hit the nail on the head... SMARMY!

I also think part of the wife's deal is she loves walking around knowing other women want her hubby and they want him so badly that they'll jump through all the hoops that the "QUEEN" puts in front of them.

They have to grovel to her and walk on eggshells.  *puke*  

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Watching the new episode and I kinda love Vanessa trolling Dimitri by ordering steak and demanding he touch her hand lol she won't last long 

Yeah.... it kind of works and it kind of doesn't.  They COULD be a match (the three of them) except that the Snowdens are demanding and controlling - it's "their way or the highway".  There is no give and take, no compromise.

• Love 7

Ooo-kay. Putting the weirdness of having multiple spouses to the side. These people spend soo little time with a person before inviting them to be a "wife." Normal people spend at least 6 months to a year of intensive dating before a "marriage" proposal. To get to know a person. Seems all they care about is if the "wife" is down with the sexual arrangement & maybe generally friendly & likes children. If they were just adults making their own decisions, I would say "Fine. Do you." But, there are children involved. 

This is all kinds of wrong. Like watching a train wreck, but I can't look away.

FFS. Somebody call CPS.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Ooo-kay. Putting the weirdness of having multiple spouses to the side. These people spend soo little time with a person before inviting them to be a "wife." Normal people spend at least 6 months to a year of intensive dating before a "marriage" proposal. To get to know a person. Seems all they care about is if the "wife" is down with the sexual arrangement & maybe generally friendly & likes children. If they were just adults making their own decisions, I would say "Fine. Do you." But, there are children involved. 

This is all kinds of wrong. Like watching a train wreck, but I can't look away.

FFS. Somebody call CPS.

FFS! Do not call CPS. The children are in zero danger as far as we have seen on the show. Calling CPS should be reserved for real danger concerning a child, not a disagreement with someone's lifestyle.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Did anyone else find Dimitri's "extremes" ridiculous?  With the first (aired on TV) potential sister wife, Dimitri drools and jumps her bones.  Wife Ashley says, "Now you blew it - you don't get this one and we start over!"  So next potential sister wife Dimitri can't.... freaking touch her hand???    Now I COULD be mistaken.... but it seems to me there is a whole lot of gray area between boinking and hand holding.  They are grown adults..... so hand holding and a kiss goodnight is a far cry from having sex.  I found Dimitri's behavior to be incredibly stupid when Vanessa touched his arm/hand/elbow/whatever-it-was-however-it-was-definitely-not-his-dick and he freaked out.  What - are you 13 years old?

• Love 6

I'm betting the kids didn't want Vanessa to leave because she was the only fun adult in the house. She probably took them to McDonald's.

Edited by lu1535
Additional thought.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

Did I hear correctly when Ashley found out about the steak???  I think she said I can't control what she eats until she joins the cult, uh family.   I agree her respecting them and not eating meat in the house., but if she's out she should eat what she wants 

I don't see Ashley being a fun and loving sister wife.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

Did I hear correctly when Ashley found out about the steak???  I think she said I can't control what she eats until she joins the cult, uh family.   I agree her respecting them and not eating meat in the house., but if she's out she should eat what she wants 

I don't see Ashley being a fun and loving sister wife.  

Vanessa already asked Ashley if she could have meat when they ate out and Ashley said "no".   And I agree....  after the honeymoon phase, I think sparks would fly.

• Love 2

So Ashley and her mother go out to eat - and neither of the women wonder why there is a camera crew filming them in the restaurant?  Ashley admitted to Dimitri that she hadn't brought up the topic of Vanessa and polygamy at all - so why in the world did she think the CAMERAS were there?  Oh please!!!  It wasn't a surprise whatsoever when Dimitri and Vanessa showed up.  I think Ashley's mother is genuine and I also felt that Vanessa was being genuine - but even though Donna said she would accept Vanessa, I think she only agreed because they asked her to agree prior to the dinner.  You can certainly tell she is NOT on board with this!  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kyanight said:

So Ashley and her mother go out to eat - and neither of the women wonder why there is a camera crew filming them in the restaurant?  Ashley admitted to Dimitri that she hadn't brought up the topic of Vanessa and polygamy at all - so why in the world did she think the CAMERAS were there?  Oh please!!!  It wasn't a surprise whatsoever when Dimitri and Vanessa showed up.  I think Ashley's mother is genuine and I also felt that Vanessa was being genuine - but even though Donna said she would accept Vanessa, I think she only agreed because they asked her to agree prior to the dinner.  You can certainly tell she is NOT on board with this!   

Well,  they would have thought they were being filmed to introduce Mama Donna to the viewers  (all 20 of us), I think, but I do agree it was orchestrated.  Maybe Dimitri got there a little too early?  Yeah, she wouldn't have changed her mind so quickly.

Question about Vanessa?     she wants to join the family that lives in Atlanta, but doesn't want to move with them to LA, because she likes living in Seattle.   Did she expect them to move to Seattle from Atlanta?  I can't stand these people except for Mama Donna.

Out of all these "couples" the only person I like is Mama Donna.  

• Love 3