Type keyword(s) to search

The Snowdens: Ashley, Dmitri, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, but definitely no Vanessa

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Please place any particularly disturbing details of the accusations against Dmitri or Ashley behind spoiler tags so that other posters can choose whether they would like to read them. 

• Start Topic

Joselyn and Melina are now posting on facebook group Seeking Sister Wife Fan group. They were given an official welcome and it seems to be them. This just keeps getting more weird. 

Edited by thebalconyfool
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, thebalconyfool said:

Joselyn and Melina are now posting on facebook group Seeking Sister Wife Fan group. They were given an official welcome and it seems to be them. This just keeps getting more weird. 

So I had to go look - there are two fan groups.  One has no rules.  I asked to join the one without rules.  I'm never THAT rude.... but I'm no angel, either.

• Love 3
On February 15, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Roslyn said:

...so. Reading about the blog post that Ashley made...wanting to be an actress etc makes sense.  There is something so very disingenuous about this whole family.  For the past few days I've been looking through knitting patterns....I know. I know. Bare with me.  I found a site that had over 2000 sweater patterns and I've been slowly working my way through it looking for specific shape etc to try my first knitted sweater.  Most of the sweaters are modeled by various women, a few men here and there.  But...then this one catches my eye.  Not because of the sweater, but the model wearing it.

https://www.yarn.com/products/berroco-gelato-pdf

From the moment I saw Joselyn on the screen her way of holding herself reminded me of a model...not that I know models, but I do watch Project Runway.  She has the general tall and slender form of a model as well, but I don't think she is as tall as some of the runway girls.  I added a screen shot pic.

SSW-J.jpg.23e4c7acfa7010a701a8adfb21a7036a.jpg

Sorry, off-topic, but real quick...check out ravelry.com for tons of free knitting patterns. ;) huge knitter myself! I have to do SOMETHING while watching these fools on my TeeVee!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Brooklyns Finest said:

It's funny that the other day I was thinking Snowjob when watching the latest episode, and here this author calls Dimitri that.  I enjoyed reading it, except for the "negro" reference.  The last time I remember hearing that word was in the 60's as a child.  I wonder how old the author is?  Anyway, the rest was really good, calling Dimitri out on his bullshit.  He's making up this stuff to get pieces on the side, and everyone knows it.  I hope his son doesn't do like his father.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's funny that the other day I was thinking Snowjob when watching the latest episode, and here this author calls Dimitri that.  I enjoyed reading it, except for the "negro" reference.  The last time I remember hearing that word was in the 60's as a child.  I wonder how old the author is?  Anyway, the rest was really good, calling Dimitri out on his bullshit.  He's making up this stuff to get pieces on the side, and everyone knows it.  I hope his son doesn't do like his father.

I could be wrong but I think the writer was African American.  Not sure why that term was used, though.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Sorry, off-topic, but real quick...check out ravelry.com for tons of free knitting patterns. ;) huge knitter myself! I have to do SOMETHING while watching these fools on my TeeVee!

Yes, knitting is the best activity to accompany TV watching.  I'm a long time Raveler.  I'll go to small talk to discuss further.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, Spiderella2 said:

It’s not the same girl. Even though they do have the same hair style, their faces are different. Her hair is much longer than Jocelyn’s. Also, Jocelyn looks much younger than the girl in your yarn pic.

lolol

I'm inclined to agree with you as well.  What had me really convincing myself was her left hand.  None of the sweater photos I found this model in really showed her ears well...ears and hands are a good giveaway.  Her left hand is quite distinctive and long with very short nails, and the end of her nose is quite rounded.  Also none of the photos had a clear straight look at her face with normal open eyes but the whole "I'm standing like a model" pose etc.

The age thing is easy to dismiss.  I'm not a make up person, but Project Runway has taught me that a pro with makeup can make someone look 10 years older and nothing like themselves.  Heck...I remember the show many years ago that Oprah had where she filmed herself with no make up and the process she went through.  I always hoped that she was paying her make up person a million dollar salary because the transformation was amazing. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I could be wrong but I think the writer was African American.  Not sure why that term was used, though.

It just seemed weird to me, since the terms African American or black, have been in use for many years.  It didn't occur to me that the author might be black.  

Thank you @Kyanight.

Has anyone seen the preview for this week’s episode? Dimitri is practically salivating at the thought of banging Ashley’s friend. He has th biggest shit-eating grin on his face as they’re video chatting with her. Smh. Where do they find these women?

• Love 5

Their Instagram posts show what fame whores they really are...it looks like they are on this total media blitz for the show. They are on all kinds of shows and radio programs. I mean I don’t know if others are doing this too, but somehow I doubt it.  They are eating this up. So gross. 

• Love 11
On 2/20/2018 at 2:40 PM, Marigold said:

Maybe Ashley and Dimitri are ramping up the drama for a hot story line? Can Dimitri really be this stupid?  We are only a few episodes in and this is already sounding very reality producer story line.  

I think someone posted on Reddit that Dimitri was a (the?) producer of this show, but it wasn't proven. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, GussieK said:

After last night, the Snowdens have launched headlong into fakety fake famewhore territory.  What nonsense, meeting the online "friend" who has five children.  But she's "cute."  Ugh. 

It makes you wonder if he even slept with Jocelyn.  They might have just SAID that for shock value.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It makes you wonder if he even slept with Jocelyn.  They might have just SAID that for shock value.

Now that would be a really Machiavellian approach to reality TV.  But their whole storyline now makes no sense at all.  They're just weirdos. 

• Love 4

Actually, I think this chick with 5 kids is just a test that Ashley is putting out to Dimitri, either as punishment for sleeping with Jocelyn or as a test to see how really committed he is to this “tribe” and polygamous lifestyle. The new girl was regurgitating all of Ashley’s talking heads from episode one, which makes me think that Ashley pre-gamed her. I think this is Ashley’s choice, but Dimitri overruled her with his penis and they went with Jocelyn at first. Ashley admittedly thought Jocelyn was too young and inexperienced to be a good sister wife, but Dimitri’s over eagerness and early intimacy didn’t help their cause. Since Jocelyn fizzled out after the incident, Ashley presents her first choice, this lady with 5 kids. 

I’m sorry, 5 kids is a lot of kids to add into a household with 3, it fulfills Dimitri’s ideology, and at the same time, brings a lot of chaos that it’s bound not to work out. Ashkey knows that but is teeing up this poor unsuspecting woman regardless. Ashley is testing Dimitri to see if he is really serious about this polygamy thing. 

I still feel Ashley is not really into this but is doing it to hang on to her dog of a man. Dimitri is so far gone he can’t even be bothered to acknowledge he just cheated on his wife. Yes, they had an agreement, and he violated that agreement the first chance he got. I cracked up with the sisters antics as Ashley was retelling the intimacy incident. I feel like if her sister lived closer, Ashley might have seen the light a lot sooner. 

Wow, what a bunch of famewhores. Wanna bet they are shooting for a spinoff? After all, they want to be famous.

• Love 6

Wow! Just read through most of this thread and so glad others thinking the same way I am.

1) Ashley is into polyamory, not polygamy.  Nothing wrong with being bi, but be honest.  They belong on You, Me, Her and not Seeking Sister Wife.

2) Didn't see this mentioned or missed it if it was: Why does Jocelyn have to tell Ashley what happened with Dimitri??  I don't think it's her responsibility, it's his.  The fact that she was discarded because she didn't tell Ashley something Ashley already knew is total bull shit!

3) Ashley is in for a huge fall.  Dimitri is a scumbag who is only out for Dimitri.  I think he would dump and run in a heartbeat if the right situation presented itself.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Wow! Just read through most of this thread and so glad others thinking the same way I am.

1) Ashley is into polyamory, not polygamy.  Nothing wrong with being bi, but be honest.  They belong on You, Me, Her and not Seeking Sister Wife.

2) Didn't see this mentioned or missed it if it was: Why does Jocelyn have to tell Ashley what happened with Dimitri??  I don't think it's her responsibility, it's his.  The fact that she was discarded because she didn't tell Ashley something Ashley already knew is total bull shit!

3) Ashley is in for a huge fall.  Dimitri is a scumbag who is only out for Dimitri.  I think he would dump and run in a heartbeat is the right situation presented itself.

Totally agree with everything you said.  Since Dimitri didn't marry Ashley, he doesn't even have to divorce her.  When she gets a bit older he will be done with her.  And it's an impossible game to win when Ashley and Dimitri know the rules but don't tell the other players what they are.    It's also possible that Dimitri went to a club or somewhere and didn't even sleep with Jocelyn so there was nothing to "confess".    I doubt it though - he's a dog.

• Love 8
On 2/8/2018 at 8:36 AM, Pachengala said:

I’d never heard the word ‘compersion’ before, so I spent some time trying to break it down etymologically, then looked it up. Interestingly, it’s a word invented within the polyamory subculture—it’s jargon, basically. Perhaps this will hint at my feelings about the verisimilitude of polyamory, but I find it suspect that they had to invent a word about how happy they are about their chosen lifestyle.

This is a bit of a tangent, but when I read the posts about "compersion" it made me think of the concept "mudita" from Buddhism. In Buddhism, mudita refers to cultivating appreciative joy at the success and good fortune of others.

It is interesting that within polyamory there has been an attempt to create a word for this. I think the concept is a bit twisted when trying to rationalize the benefits of polyamory, IMHO. In Buddhism, it is actually an important part of spiritual practice.

Here is a short article about mudita: https://www.upaya.org/2011/12/sympathetic-joy-by-sharon-salzberg/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

This is a bit of a tangent, but when I read the posts about "compersion" it made me think of the concept "mudita" from Buddhism. In Buddhism, mudita refers to cultivating appreciative joy at the success and good fortune of others.

It is interesting that within polyamory there has been an attempt to create a word for this. I think the concept is a bit twisted when trying to rationalize the benefits of polyamory, IMHO. In Buddhism, it is actually an important part of spiritual practice.

Here is a short article about mudita: https://www.upaya.org/2011/12/sympathetic-joy-by-sharon-salzberg/

Very interesting article, but it still seems that the second woman mentioned had to remember the bad things in her friend's life in order to feel "joy" for the friend's good things. I would think being happy for others, regardless of whether we see any negatives in their life would be more to the point.

But this does remind me of one of my favorite quotes attributed to the Buddha: "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Very interesting article, but it still seems that the second woman mentioned had to remember the bad things in her friend's life in order to feel "joy" for the friend's good things. I would think being happy for others, regardless of whether we see any negatives in their life would be more to the point.

But this does remind me of one of my favorite quotes attributed to the Buddha: "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

That was just one little article about Mudita- its a very complex thing, really...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

That was just one little article about Mudita- its a very complex thing, really...

Like Karma.  Westerners don't really understand at all what it really is.  And if someone does something cruel to you - Karma isn't necessarily EVER going to bite them in the rear.  Perhaps this person OWED YOU for wrong you did HIM OR HER in a past life.  And that is simplifying it.

• Love 4

And now, presumably he knows 'The Rules'. When the one knucklehead cops a 'tude, gives him the look and sticks her chin in the next zip code, party's over for that drooling fool. These two are sickening.   

• Love 2
On 2/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, GussieK said:

After last night, the Snowdens have launched headlong into fakety fake famewhore territory.  What nonsense, meeting the online "friend" who has five children.  But she's "cute."  Ugh. 

AGree. That they were so interested In Jocelyn and now just a few days or weeks later, jumping into a woman with 5 kids. Horseshit.

• Love 6
On 2/26/2018 at 5:33 PM, Kyanight said:

Like Karma.  Westerners don't really understand at all what it really is.  And if someone does something cruel to you - Karma isn't necessarily EVER going to bite them in the rear.  Perhaps this person OWED YOU for wrong you did HIM OR HER in a past life.  And that is simplifying it.

I have always found the saying ridiculous because if you're saying it about someone who's done you wrong, it means you did something wrong to them or someone else and are getting your karma. I don't know as much as you do I'm sure and don't mean to simplify it, just bothers me because the reality in life is really bad things happen to good people and vice versa. Whether there were past lives and debts or not, that is the bottom line and sometimes that sucks. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

First time caller, long time listener. Okay, I confess. Some of the so-called “reality” shows interest me; my latest guilty pleasure being “Seeking Sister Wife”, featuring the Snowdens; a fascinating and compelling couple. Why do they fascinate me? Because to me, it’s obvious they’re on the show for the notoriety and the cash, not to spread awareness about a lifestyle.

Like any genre of television series, reality shows are a business. The more viewers, the more business the networks get from sponsoring companies. THAT is the only true reality: rating$. The top-rated (most often watched) reality shows are those that give us, the viewers, drama. We WANT to see conflict, dilemma, social bullies, resolution, and underdogs coming out on top. We’re especially entranced with villains; those characters who rock the boat, stir sh*t up, and basically piss everybody off. These are the network heroes, believe it or not, as those characters are the reason we watch the show. And I do mean “characters” …

Reality TV is entertainment, and therefore, the people featured must be entertaining, which means they must become someone we’re rooting for or someone we love to hate. We need to FEEL something when we watch them. It doesn’t matter what. The more a program (and the people on it) entertains us, the more we watch. The more we watch, the higher the ratings, and ratings mean sponsors, right down to paid product placement, which is when the characters featured in a reality show use a certain brand of product that would normally be blurred out. From cosmetics to crock-pots, cast members are paid to use products as well as generate drama. This is show business; emphasis on the word ‘business’, and one Seeking Sister Wife couple, in my opinion, understand and accept this and are embracing and using that reality to gain recognition (reality stardom or ‘fame’) and an income.

Someone shared a link to a blog post where the author of that post used the word “snow job” as a nickname for the Snowden couple, yet the snow job is not being done on one partner by another, but on us. I believe that Dimitri and Ashley know EXACTLY what they’re doing. They have created a story based around a lifestyle to suit the needs of a show in order to get featured on that show. I don’t think for one second that Ashley is having the proverbial wool pulled over her eyes. I believe that she and her “warrior” are sticking to a story that isn’t true in the hopes that they will gain a level of status they wouldn’t otherwise have, as well as a unique form of success which includes a hefty income. If you note how often Ashley mentions’ building wealth’, you may begin to see, if you haven’t already, that this is a carefully orchestrated act being performed by the both of them.

On this website, Ashley Snowden is listed as a Seeking Sister Wife “actor”. https://gowatchit.com/actor/ashley-snowden-1390166

And, as she stated on her Instagram account: “We are simplified on the show for your entertainment, but there’s so much y’all don’t know.”

for your entertainment”….

No one wants to tune in and watch someone do their laundry, or watch them at work, or listen to the small talk that goes on at the breakfast table. Viewers want something unusual and far removed from what they consider a “normal” lifestyle, which is why the Real Housewives are always throwing some theme party or event, or taking an exotic trip. Do you think this was their ‘normal’ before they were in a “reality” show? Of course not. It wouldn’t be entertaining to watch how ‘like’ us these people are (human). We want the dysfunction. We want the drama. It entertains us. Smoke and mirrors create an illusion of magic.

The people featured on reality TV are not sharing their most intimate moments. They don’t actually have a camera crew with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They do get private time and they do set boundaries as to what can, and cannot, be recorded. For instance, some may not want their children appearing on the show, so any time their children are involved, the cameras are not. For most families, that’s a huge chunk of lost footage – but it’s also when they can take off their masks, let their hair down, and be real.

When we know someone’s watching us, we tend to change our behavior. Add to this that reality shows are carefully edited to show specific people and situations in a certain light; emphasizing some aspects of their character and downplaying others. Conversations are chopped into snippets and played for us out of context. This includes facial expressions. Reactions that were not in response to a statement made by one of the characters, but to something else entirely, are shown out of sequence. Creative editing makes everything more dramatic and more interesting.

Certain situations are staged or intentionally created (or re-created/acted out) for dramatic effect. Producers prompt the show characters, often telling them what “the viewers” love about them and want to see. It can be total BS, but if someone narcissistic and hungry for fame is told that their fans think So-and-So is taking advantage of them, or that the fans love it when they stand up to So-and-So, that person going to react differently when So-and-So is present, more differently than they would have without having proverbial seeds planted in their head and a video camera on them. So onto the Snowdens…

I suspect that they have an open relationship; something they likely had from the get-go. I know couples who have open marriages and it isn’t at all unusual (to them) for the husband to salivate over another woman in the presence of his wife; and vice versa. Now, if Dimitri and Ashley are swingers, and/or if Ashley is bisexual, then one can more easily understand and accept why she wouldn’t be bothered by her not-husband getting all worked up over other women.

It seems to me that when the woman they are ‘dating’ is more into men or Dimitri than they’re into women or Ashley, Ashley naturally feels left out and so it’s a “no” on the other woman. I do not think she is at all threatened by Dimitri screwing around with other women, nor do I believe that any conversation they had about his “mistake” with Jocelyn was filmed as it happened. I’m sure that was a private conversation, if it happened at all, held behind closed doors with cameras off.

Some wonder why Ashely wouldn’t want to be Dimitri’s legal wife, saying she’d be more financially secure if she were. Not for nothing, but Dimitri doesn’t strike me as someone who is a good provider. He seems all over the place. His website lists his failures, an obvious way of nipping things in the bud, as it were. Address the issues he’ll most certainly be questioned about before they become issues. Put it out there as a list of experiences, lessons, trial-and-errors. Package it as something to be shared intentionally rather than a confession; something revealed before the public discovers it. Give it a soft spin. Okay, so how is he supporting himself and his family and that expensive house of theirs?

Six years ago, Ashley stopped working to be a stay-at-home-mom. http://viyoutube.com/video/ob16mcSDBv8/i decided to make a career change She chose not to marry her Dimitri and, after two more children, she remains legally single by choice. If she were to marry, she wouldn’t be able to present herself as a single mother with three children, and therefore, she would not be able to collect welfare and other benefits IF this is how she supports herself and her family.  

On her website: http://ashleykapri.com/ she describes herself as: “writer • mystic • dancer • educator”. In addition to that and being an “actor”, she is also featured on Medium.com as a psychic medium:  https://medium.com/@ashleykaprisnowden 

I have no problem with any of that. I simply have a speculation... If Ashley’s been a stay-at-home-mom for the last six years, I doubt any work she may have done as a writer, mystic, dancer, or educator during that time has paid enough to support the tribe. This is why I suspect that when an opportunity presented itself, the Snowden’s saw it for exactly what it was and put a spin on their reality ("...there’s so much y’all don’t know.”) pleasing the network and getting the job. I find them to be extremely clever in this respect. They are playing roles, archetypes; Ashley The Earth Mother who I can see later becoming some kind of consultant to other women who want what she has while Dimitri is the 'Jack of All Trades, Master of None'. He’s keeping his options open. Come what may. I suspect he is a sociopath - which doesn’t automatically make him dangerous in the physical sense, but I wouldn’t trust him in a business deal. I can see him hoping his stint on Seeking Sister Wife will enable him to build an empire, perhaps doing business coaching. He’s charming, charismatic, and an expert in semantics. He could literally be a criminal defense attorney with the way he twists words and ideas.

The Snowdens seem like a very smart and united couple looking for income, book deals, and business opportunities. “Progressive Tribal” is their shtick. So, I don’t think the SnowDen of Inequity is as off-balance as people think. I believe it’s exactly what Ashley said it was: entertainment. But we want to believe it’s real, so we do. And in my opinion, THAT is the real snow job. And it’s brilliant!

Edited by JodyBug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
30 minutes ago, JodyBug said:

I believe it’s exactly what Ashley said it was: entertainment. But we want to believe it’s real, so we do. And in my opinion, THAT is the real snow job. And it’s brilliant!

I think pretty much anyone who watches reality TV is aware of this dichotomy. 

And it's THIS dishonesty and fakeness that makes the viewer dislike and judge these famewhores.

I don't think it's brilliant to make yourself look like a bashful horndog (Dimitri) or a bitch shrew (Ashley)....... It just makes you, well, unlikeable. 

Hence the snark. 

Brilliance, IMO, is making hundreds of millions of dollars off your fake fame whoring (a la the Kardashians) - but anything less than that.... like a poorly rated show on TLC that will most likely last only one season.... What's the point? 

You look like fools, and you're damaging your children. Enjoy your blue wooden house from the 80s,  my dear Snowdens. The Kardashians you are not. 

Edited by B3cky50
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 2/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, thebalconyfool said:

This group is bizzaro-world...

I'm especially creeped out by the couples posting who are looking for sister wives...! 

20180228_221438.png

Edited by B3cky50
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

And it's THIS dishonesty and fakeness that makes the viewer dislike and judge these famewhores.

I don't think it's brilliant to make yourself look like a bashful horndog (Dimitri) or a bitch shrew (Ashley)....... It just makes you, well, unlikeable. 

Hence the snark. 

Brilliance, IMO, is making hundreds of millions of dollars off your fake fame whoring (a la the Kardashians) - but anything less than that.... like a poorly rated show on TLC that will most likely last only one season.... What's the point? 

Fame whoring… Yeah, that’s another way of putting it. Yet, the same could be said about so many in the entertainment industry.

What's the point? Likely to springboard from the show to something else. Doesn’t mean it will happen, but ya never know…

I agree that the dishonesty, whether it be to the viewers or to other cast members, is what the audience finds so compelling. Unlikeable people and/or behavior sells, unfortunately.

As far as the “brilliant” comment, one can appreciate the design of a deception without necessarily appreciating the deception. For instance; a defense attorney uses a unique strategy to get an offender acquitted. I can appreciate the brilliance of the strategy while still being unhappy over the result.

?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JodyBug said:

Fame whoring… Yeah, that’s another way of putting it. Yet, the same could be said about so many in the entertainment industry.

What's the point? Likely to springboard from the show to something else. Doesn’t mean it will happen, but ya never know…

I agree that the dishonesty, whether it be to the viewers or to other cast members, is what the audience finds so compelling. Unlikeable people and/or behavior sells, unfortunately.

As far as the “brilliant” comment, one can appreciate the design of a deception without necessarily appreciating the deception. For instance; a defense attorney uses a unique strategy to get an offender acquitted. I can appreciate the brilliance of the strategy while still being unhappy over the result.

?

I agree with you. I guarantee all the negative publicity the show, and particularly the Snowdens, are getting has only increased the viewership. Even if people aren't watching, they may have heard of the Snowdens via gossip sites and social media. People love to hate-watch, and then go on message boards to snark. They don't care why you're watching, as long as you're watching. 

• Love 6

Thank you JodyBug for your very insightful analysis of the Snowdens. I agree with you 100%.  I don't think they are going to achieve the fame and fortune they expect because, hopefully, people will see them for the fame whores they are.  

• Love 10
On 2/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, JodyBug said:

First time caller, long time listener. Okay, I confess. Some of the so-called “reality” shows interest me; my latest guilty pleasure being “Seeking Sister Wife”, featuring the Snowdens; a fascinating and compelling couple. Why do they fascinate me? Because to me, it’s obvious they’re on the show for the notoriety and the cash, not to spread awareness about a lifestyle.

Like any genre of television series, reality shows are a business. The more viewers, the more business the networks get from sponsoring companies. THAT is the only true reality: rating$. The top-rated (most often watched) reality shows are those that give us, the viewers, drama. We WANT to see conflict, dilemma, social bullies, resolution, and underdogs coming out on top. We’re especially entranced with villains; those characters who rock the boat, stir sh*t up, and basically piss everybody off. These are the network heroes, believe it or not, as those characters are the reason we watch the show. And I do mean “characters” …

Reality TV is entertainment, and therefore, the people featured must be entertaining, which means they must become someone we’re rooting for or someone we love to hate. We need to FEEL something when we watch them. It doesn’t matter what. The more a program (and the people on it) entertains us, the more we watch. The more we watch, the higher the ratings, and ratings mean sponsors, right down to paid product placement, which is when the characters featured in a reality show use a certain brand of product that would normally be blurred out. From cosmetics to crock-pots, cast members are paid to use products as well as generate drama. This is show business; emphasis on the word ‘business’, and one Seeking Sister Wife couple, in my opinion, understand and accept this and are embracing and using that reality to gain recognition (reality stardom or ‘fame’) and an income.

Someone shared a link to a blog post where the author of that post used the word “snow job” as a nickname for the Snowden couple, yet the snow job is not being done on one partner by another, but on us. I believe that Dimitri and Ashley know EXACTLY what they’re doing. They have created a story based around a lifestyle to suit the needs of a show in order to get featured on that show. I don’t think for one second that Ashley is having the proverbial wool pulled over her eyes. I believe that she and her “warrior” are sticking to a story that isn’t true in the hopes that they will gain a level of status they wouldn’t otherwise have, as well as a unique form of success which includes a hefty income. If you note how often Ashley mentions’ building wealth’, you may begin to see, if you haven’t already, that this is a carefully orchestrated act being performed by the both of them.

On this website, Ashley Snowden is listed as a Seeking Sister Wife “actor”. https://gowatchit.com/actor/ashley-snowden-1390166

And, as she stated on her Instagram account: “We are simplified on the show for your entertainment, but there’s so much y’all don’t know.”

No one wants to tune in and watch someone do their laundry, or watch them at work, or listen to the small talk that goes on at the breakfast table. Viewers want something unusual and far removed from what they consider a “normal” lifestyle, which is why the Real Housewives are always throwing some theme party or event, or taking an exotic trip. Do you think this was their ‘normal’ before they were in a “reality” show? Of course not. It wouldn’t be entertaining to watch how ‘like’ us these people are (human). We want the dysfunction. We want the drama. It entertains us. Smoke and mirrors create an illusion of magic.

The people featured on reality TV are not sharing their most intimate moments. They don’t actually have a camera crew with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They do get private time and they do set boundaries as to what can, and cannot, be recorded. For instance, some may not want their children appearing on the show, so any time their children are involved, the cameras are not. For most families, that’s a huge chunk of lost footage – but it’s also when they can take off their masks, let their hair down, and be real.

When we know someone’s watching us, we tend to change our behavior. Add to this that reality shows are carefully edited to show specific people and situations in a certain light; emphasizing some aspects of their character and downplaying others. Conversations are chopped into snippets and played for us out of context. This includes facial expressions. Reactions that were not in response to a statement made by one of the characters, but to something else entirely, are shown out of sequence. Creative editing makes everything more dramatic and more interesting.

Certain situations are staged or intentionally created (or re-created/acted out) for dramatic effect. Producers prompt the show characters, often telling them what “the viewers” love about them and want to see. It can be total BS, but if someone narcissistic and hungry for fame is told that their fans think So-and-So is taking advantage of them, or that the fans love it when they stand up to So-and-So, that person going to react differently when So-and-So is present, more differently than they would have without having proverbial seeds planted in their head and a video camera on them. So onto the Snowdens…

I suspect that they have an open relationship; something they likely had from the get-go. I know couples who have open marriages and it isn’t at all unusual (to them) for the husband to salivate over another woman in the presence of his wife; and vice versa. Now, if Dimitri and Ashley are swingers, and/or if Ashley is bisexual, then one can more easily understand and accept why she wouldn’t be bothered by her not-husband getting all worked up over other women.

It seems to me that when the woman they are ‘dating’ is more into men or Dimitri than they’re into women or Ashley, Ashley naturally feels left out and so it’s a “no” on the other woman. I do not think she is at all threatened by Dimitri screwing around with other women, nor do I believe that any conversation they had about his “mistake” with Jocelyn was filmed as it happened. I’m sure that was a private conversation, if it happened at all, held behind closed doors with cameras off.

Some wonder why Ashely wouldn’t want to be Dimitri’s legal wife, saying she’d be more financially secure if she were. Not for nothing, but Dimitri doesn’t strike me as someone who is a good provider. He seems all over the place. His website lists his failures, an obvious way of nipping things in the bud, as it were. Address the issues he’ll most certainly be questioned about before they become issues. Put it out there as a list of experiences, lessons, trial-and-errors. Package it as something to be shared intentionally rather than a confession; something revealed before the public discovers it. Give it a soft spin. Okay, so how is he supporting himself and his family and that expensive house of theirs?

Six years ago, Ashley stopped working to be a stay-at-home-mom. http://viyoutube.com/video/ob16mcSDBv8/i decided to make a career change She chose not to marry her Dimitri and, after two more children, she remains legally single by choice. If she were to marry, she wouldn’t be able to present herself as a single mother with three children, and therefore, she would not be able to collect welfare and other benefits IF this is how she supports herself and her family.  

On her website: http://ashleykapri.com/ she describes herself as: “writer • mystic • dancer • educator”. In addition to that and being an “actor”, she is also featured on Medium.com as a psychic medium:  https://medium.com/@ashleykaprisnowden 

I have no problem with any of that. I simply have a speculation... If Ashley’s been a stay-at-home-mom for the last six years, I doubt any work she may have done as a writer, mystic, dancer, or educator during that time has paid enough to support the tribe. This is why I suspect that when an opportunity presented itself, the Snowden’s saw it for exactly what it was and put a spin on their reality ("...there’s so much y’all don’t know.”) pleasing the network and getting the job. I find them to be extremely clever in this respect. They are playing roles, archetypes; Ashley The Earth Mother who I can see later becoming some kind of consultant to other women who want what she has while Dimitri is the 'Jack of All Trades, Master of None'. He’s keeping his options open. Come what may. I suspect he is a sociopath - which doesn’t automatically make him dangerous in the physical sense, but I wouldn’t trust him in a business deal. I can see him hoping his stint on Seeking Sister Wife will enable him to build an empire, perhaps doing business coaching. He’s charming, charismatic, and an expert in semantics. He could literally be a criminal defense attorney with the way he twists words and ideas.

The Snowdens seem like a very smart and united couple looking for income, book deals, and business opportunities. “Progressive Tribal” is their shtick. So, I don’t think the SnowDen of Inequity is as off-balance as people think. I believe it’s exactly what Ashley said it was: entertainment. But we want to believe it’s real, so we do. And in my opinion, THAT is the real snow job. And it’s brilliant!

I agree with you-

Ashley isn’t a put upon woman with no options; she’s with Dmitri because she wants to be. (For whatever reason)

From day 1 I always thought she was seeking a 3rd partner for a polyamorous relationship, she is most likely bisexual and wants a consistent female sexual partner. Dmitri is full of smoke and mirrors; I believe they both want to be famous and are putting on some type of performance for the show. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Omgomgomg dying that all of a sudden Dimitri wants to pump the brakes because she is overweight, has 5 kids and apparently is reserved and quiet...

ALL the reasons wifey WANTS her!!  She claims to be a medium/mystic... apparently not a good enough to get a read on her idiot husband or any of the potential wives...

All of these people completely skeeve me out

lolololol

Edited by Christi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 2/28/2018 at 9:10 PM, JodyBug said:

Scarlett, the Snowdens may be brilliant con-people but you are a brilliant writer and very possibly right.  Of course the other option is that Ms AShley is just that deluded. Just because you're smart and educated doesn't make you any less likely to be taken by a charming, snake-oil salesman.  The fact they already had one live in sister wife with children, verified independently on various websites, tells me they really are trying to make this lifestyle work. I personally think they are quasi intellectuals who studied tribal polygamy and felt they'd be on the vanguard of this movement for the african american culture in this country.   They probably saw the TLC ad, decided as you said, this was a great way to make money and start up their own little tribal consulting service. I do think she believes Dmitri is as into this concept for the "right" reasons as she is.  The look in her eyes both when they discussed him sleeping with Jocelyn and at the restaurant when they were sadistically baiting her, showed me either Ashley is a great actress or she was truly angry and jealous.  Dmitri at the restaurant was totally cowed and afraid to speak up. His face is pretty easy to read, unless of course, he is also a great actor. He was definitely embarrassed IMO.  Either way it was all totally fascinating.  

• Love 9

Add me to the list of those watchers who think Ashley and Dimitri will NEVER agree on a sister wife.  Just like the other selfish prick polygamist men that I've seen on TLC so far, he wants younger and slimmer.  After all, isn't the end result (besides satisfying his raging boner) to have more kids with a more "desirable" wife?  Obviously, the wife or wives that have spewed out one or more of his spawn don't look like they did when he "wed" them, whether the first (usually legally) or spiritually.  

With Dimitri and Ashley, he was all for Joselyn.  She was all for her online friend, because she (the friend) was plus size + 5 kids, and Ashley wants to be the favorite.  She knew that Dimitri would be turned off by the friends' size, and seems like she was inwardly gloating.  I agree with the poster(s) that mentioned Ashley sticking it to Dimitri because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants with Joselyn, the younger, thinner, non-pregnant hottie.  It does serve that horny prick right.  

On the other hand, if she's bi like is speculated, why did she end up with Mister Horn-dog, who maybe is or isn't into a three-way, but he gets the final say?  These two will never agree on a third IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 7:31 PM, grammaester said:

Scarlett, the Snowdens may be brilliant con-people but you are a brilliant writer and very possibly right.  Of course the other option is that Ms AShley is just that deluded. Just because you're smart and educated doesn't make you any less likely to be taken by a charming, snake-oil salesman. 

@Grammaester, you may have been responding to my original post. If you were not, I agree with what you said (above) regarding mental intelligence versus emotional intelligence, yet I still don't believe Ashley is being taken by Dimitri, especially after watching the final episode and paying attention to some of her mannerisms after seeing them noted in this forum. If you were responding to me and enjoyed reading my take on the Snowdens, would you like to read my thoughts on the last episode? I have a theory about why Ashley's friend was a no-go to him; a few reasons. Let me know!

Edited by JodyBug
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I want to know!

Okay, @Kyanight! I’m going to be a little less polite this time… Be warned. ?

If you look at his website, (http://dimitrisnowden.com/) you’ll see that Dimitri likes to keep himself in top physical condition. Though he’s promoting himself as someone who “builds human experiences” (http://dimitrisnowden.com/ontological-architect/) and lists his professional abilities (http://dimitrisnowden.com/experience/) as those that relate to design, digital skills, and business management, the photograph he chooses to represent himself as a brand has absolutely nothing to do with anything he’s promoting. It’s a completely irrelevant photo showing him bare chested and in boxing shorts, flexing his muscles and showing off how ripped he is. This same photo is used on his Twitter account: (https://twitter.com/dimitrisnowden?lang=en) and his Instagram account: (https://www.instagram.com/dimitrisnowden/?hl=en). It’s his logo, LOL! Clearly, he is image conscious.

Now, take a guy like that and add to this that he’s young and in want of a harem and a huge family (because he didn’t have one) --- and then consider how HE feels he’s going to look if he were to go for Ashley’s friend Jamira... As far as a breeding mate, Jamira is not the physical ideal. This is a biological fact, not a personal opinion. She lacks the young, fresh, untouched look men are naturally drawn to and a chauvinist like Dimitri salivates over. She doesn’t have the bright eyes and youthful glow that says “F*ck me.” After five kids, she looks tired. Her skin is sallow, suggesting she’s unhealthy. She doesn’t seem to have much energy. She’s a bit old to be pumping out many more kids, and she’s out-of-shape which could mean health issues such as diabetes, hormonal imbalances, problem pregnancies, lack of energy when caring for the children. She just doesn’t have the youth, energy, and physical beauty Dimitri requires. In short, she lacks the “wow factor” that Dimitri MUST HAVE to impress others.

Yes. In my opinion, Dimitri wants two (or more!) women so he can boast about the fact that he's scored two ‘wives’. But, he doesn't want just two or more wives. He also wants them to be hot/sexy/desirable so that other men will envy and admire him. Dimitri requires Eye Candy so he can be proud of himself AND impress others. Jocelyn fit the bill perfectly. She looked like a young Brandy Norwood. She would have produced beautiful children --- and they would have been Dimitri’s offspring. Jamira has already birthed five kids that are not his, and he will have to support those kids, raise those kids, bring those kids into his world – but they will not BE his kids because he wants a bloodline, not a tribe, not a family. He is, as Ashley refers to him, the classic warrior.

Now, not in his defense, but to be fair… Jamira looked bored. She definitely was not into Dimitri. Regardless of how introverted she may be, there were no indications via body language to suggest otherwise, nor was she, in any way, flirty, giggly, blushing, shy, or even making eye contact with Dimitri. Even the most quiet women unconsciously give off clues when they’re attracted to a man. Jamira acted like she was at a job interview, not a date. This alone tells me there was no chemistry or attraction on HER part.

Meanwhile, Ashley is all giggly and saying that her cheekbones hurt because she can’t stop smiling. During a live internet chat before they all met, Jamira said that, if they became a family, she sees herself following Ashely around, going wherever she goes. Later during that conversation, Ashley made a remark to Jamira to the effect of: “You had me at ‘you’ll be with me’… ”   Yeah, this appears to be an open relationship and Ashley appears to be attracted to women as well as to men – maybe even more so.  

Now, the benefit of Jamira, or any woman who is not a gorgeous model-type, to Ashley is two-fold. Ashley will be the more attractive of the two, remaining the prettiest in Dimitri’s eyes. But I don’t think it’s about that, so much as it is control. Take someone who will “follow you around” and who is more passive in nature, and you’ve gotten yourself a gal who will let you lead and determine the direction the family's going to take. 

If anyone is in control here, it’s Ashley, not Dimitri. I think she’s using his “mistake” with Jocelyn to subtly manipulate him – if it was a mistake at all. He got what he wanted (some young strange) and now he has to remain open to what she wants 'in exchange for the strange', even if the five-kids-issue was a deal-breaker from the get-go. Think about it... He checked out the moment he heard this gal has five kids. He didn’t need to see her, talk with her, or meet her. However, since Ashley was open to bringing Jamira’s brood into their family (possibly to prevent Dimitri from fathering children with anyone else – therefore, she’d have the only ‘bloodline kids’), Dimitri couldn’t appear closed-minded and reject Jamira based on the fact that she has children. Ashley had him by the proverbial balls. So he went along with it, went through the motions to keep Ashley happy, to score points, to appear to be open to what she wanted, to perhaps get a little redemption for his “mistake” with Jocelyn, and to basically get it over with. Next!

Of course, he’s not going to make it about Jamira’s kids, as I opined above. And he’s certainly not going to make it about Jamira not having a stellar body because that would be shallow, and that man does not want to appear shallow to anyone. He wants to APPEAR elevated, enlightened, progressive, and all that other crap. And he most certainly wants to seem, to Ashley, like he's open to a “bigger” woman because he doesn’t want to piss her off. Where else is he going to find someone who’ll allow him to get his rocks off with other women and just frown about it because he didn’t get her permission first? Holy sh*tballs! He’s got it made! He’s not screwing THAT up for anything. If he has to have lunch with a toothless hag with warts on her nose and stink-breath you can smell from across the room, he’ll do it if that’s what Ashley wants. I’m sure of it. To keep his relationship (and his pants) open, he must show respect to Ashley and keep her content, which she seems to be.

Now, about that smug look everyone keeps saying she has... That is the look of a confident woman. She knows what’s really going on. She knows the exact dynamics, and she calls the shots. I’m sure of that, too. For G*d sakes, Dimitri asks her what he should wear to his date and asks that she not let him apply too much cologne. Really? He can’t dress himself? This talented man with so many skills, a man who designs robots, cannot figure out how to apply men’s cologne?!?! That boy doesn’t make a move without Ashley… and I’ll bet his tryst with Jocelyn was no surprise to her. I suspect he asked permission well before his private date, something like: IF he gets a commitment from Jocelyn, can he have sex with her. I think the “mistake” he made was exactly what Ashley said it was. He put the cart before the whores horse. But back to that smug look…

If you look at the photos of Ashley here: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9593793/mediaindex?refine=publicity&ref_=nm_ov_resph you’ll note that her lower jaw protrudes just a bit. This is likely because it’s naturally “set” that way, bone structure wise. It’s most noticeable when Ashley is at Resting Face. However, there is another possibility; that it is a habit she’s developed. After all, Dimitri isn’t alone when it comes to wanting to project a certain image, and Ashley could have practiced facial expressions in front of a mirror (when Dimitri wasn’t standing in front of it jerking himself off to his ripped body). She may have found that pushing her bottom jaw just slightly outward gives her a particular expression; one she feels conveys the image she wants to have/establish -- a very chill woman, secure in who she is and in her relationship. After all, for some, going on television means presenting your “best side” to the camera, literally and figuratively. It’s very easy to find a facial expression that one feels “works” for them and then get into the habit of using it. Many women purse their lips to appear intelligent, keep their lower lip slightly dropped to look sensual, suck in their cheeks to accentuate their cheekbones, hold their head at a certain angle to de-emphasize a double chin... Regardless, Ashley does look smug at times, but you can say that about almost any strong woman when all eyes are on her. It IS interesting how she didn’t have (or use) that expression when gushing over Jamira (because she didn’t feel threatened), but had that expression set in stone when talking with Jocelyn…

Thoughts?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, JodyBug said:

Ashley could have practiced facial expressions in front of a mirror (when Dimitri wasn’t standing in front of it jerking himself off to his ripped body).

I agree 100% with everything you wrote.  But this made me LOL!

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, JodyBug said:

Okay, @Kyanight! I’m going to be a little less polite this time… Be warned. ?

If you look at his website, (http://dimitrisnowden.com/) you’ll see that Dimitri likes to keep himself in top physical condition. Though he’s promoting himself as someone who “builds human experiences” (http://dimitrisnowden.com/ontological-architect/) and lists his professional abilities (http://dimitrisnowden.com/experience/) as those that relate to design, digital skills, and business management, the photograph he chooses to represent himself as a brand has absolutely nothing to do with anything he’s promoting. It’s a completely irrelevant photo showing him bare chested and in boxing shorts, flexing his muscles and showing off how ripped he is. This same photo is used on his Twitter account: (https://twitter.com/dimitrisnowden?lang=en) and his Instagram account: (https://www.instagram.com/dimitrisnowden/?hl=en). It’s his logo, LOL! Clearly, he is image conscious.

Now, take a guy like that and add to this that he’s young and in want of a harem and a huge family (because he didn’t have one) --- and then consider how HE feels he’s going to look if he were to go for Ashley’s friend Jamira... As far as a breeding mate, Jamira is not the physical ideal. This is a biological fact, not a personal opinion. She lacks the young, fresh, untouched look men are naturally drawn to and a chauvinist like Dimitri salivates over. She doesn’t have the bright eyes and youthful glow that says “F*ck me.” After five kids, she looks tired. Her skin is sallow, suggesting she’s unhealthy. She doesn’t seem to have much energy. She’s a bit old to be pumping out many more kids, and she’s out-of-shape which could mean health issues such as diabetes, hormonal imbalances, problem pregnancies, lack of energy when caring for the children. She just doesn’t have the youth, energy, and physical beauty Dimitri requires. In short, she lacks the “wow factor” that Dimitri MUST HAVE to impress others.

Yes. In my opinion, Dimitri wants two (or more!) women so he can boast about the fact that he's scored two ‘wives’. But, he doesn't want just two or more wives. He also wants them to be hot/sexy/desirable so that other men will envy and admire him. Dimitri requires Eye Candy so he can be proud of himself AND impress others. Jocelyn fit the bill perfectly. She looked like a young Brandy Norwood. She would have produced beautiful children --- and they would have been Dimitri’s offspring. Jamira has already birthed five kids that are not his, and he will have to support those kids, raise those kids, bring those kids into his world – but they will not BE his kids because he wants a bloodline, not a tribe, not a family. He is, as Ashley refers to him, the classic warrior.

Now, not in his defense, but to be fair… Jamira looked bored. She definitely was not into Dimitri. Regardless of how introverted she may be, there were no indications via body language to suggest otherwise, nor was she, in any way, flirty, giggly, blushing, shy, or even making eye contact with Dimitri. Even the most quiet women unconsciously give off clues when they’re attracted to a man. Jamira acted like she was at a job interview, not a date. This alone tells me there was no chemistry or attraction on HER part.

Meanwhile, Ashley is all giggly and saying that her cheekbones hurt because she can’t stop smiling. During a live internet chat before they all met, Jamira said that, if they became a family, she sees herself following Ashely around, going wherever she goes. Later during that conversation, Ashley made a remark to Jamira to the effect of: “You had me at ‘you’ll be with me’… ”   Yeah, this appears to be an open relationship and Ashley appears to be attracted to women as well as to men – maybe even more so.  

Now, the benefit of Jamira, or any woman who is not a gorgeous model-type, to Ashley is two-fold. Ashley will be the more attractive of the two, remaining the prettiest in Dimitri’s eyes. But I don’t think it’s about that, so much as it is control. Take someone who will “follow you around” and who is more passive in nature, and you’ve gotten yourself a gal who will let you lead and determine the direction the family's going to take. 

If anyone is in control here, it’s Ashley, not Dimitri. I think she’s using his “mistake” with Jocelyn to subtly manipulate him – if it was a mistake at all. He got what he wanted (some young strange) and now he has to remain open to what she wants 'in exchange for the strange', even if the five-kids-issue was a deal-breaker from the get-go. Think about it... He checked out the moment he heard this gal has five kids. He didn’t need to see her, talk with her, or meet her. However, since Ashley was open to bringing Jamira’s brood into their family (possibly to prevent Dimitri from fathering children with anyone else – therefore, she’d have the only ‘bloodline kids’), Dimitri couldn’t appear closed-minded and reject Jamira based on the fact that she has children. Ashley had him by the proverbial balls. So he went along with it, went through the motions to keep Ashley happy, to score points, to appear to be open to what she wanted, to perhaps get a little redemption for his “mistake” with Jocelyn, and to basically get it over with. Next!

Of course, he’s not going to make it about Jamira’s kids, as I opined above. And he’s certainly not going to make it about Jamira not having a stellar body because that would be shallow, and that man does not want to appear shallow to anyone. He wants to APPEAR elevated, enlightened, progressive, and all that other crap. And he most certainly wants to seem, to Ashley, like he's open to a “bigger” woman because he doesn’t want to piss her off. Where else is he going to find someone who’ll allow him to get his rocks off with other women and just frown about it because he didn’t get her permission first? Holy sh*tballs! He’s got it made! He’s not screwing THAT up for anything. If he has to have lunch with a toothless hag with warts on her nose and stink-breath you can smell from across the room, he’ll do it if that’s what Ashley wants. I’m sure of it. To keep his relationship (and his pants) open, he must show respect to Ashley and keep her content, which she seems to be.

Now, about that smug look everyone keeps saying she has... That is the look of a confident woman. She knows what’s really going on. She knows the exact dynamics, and she calls the shots. I’m sure of that, too. For G*d sakes, Dimitri asks her what he should wear to his date and asks that she not let him apply too much cologne. Really? He can’t dress himself? This talented man with so many skills, a man who designs robots, cannot figure out how to apply men’s cologne?!?! That boy doesn’t make a move without Ashley… and I’ll bet his tryst with Jocelyn was no surprise to her. I suspect he asked permission well before his private date, something like: IF he gets a commitment from Jocelyn, can he have sex with her. I think the “mistake” he made was exactly what Ashley said it was. He put the cart before the whores horse. But back to that smug look…

If you look at the photos of Ashley here: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9593793/mediaindex?refine=publicity&ref_=nm_ov_resph you’ll note that her lower jaw protrudes just a bit. This is likely because it’s naturally “set” that way, bone structure wise. It’s most noticeable when Ashley is at Resting Face. However, there is another possibility; that it is a habit she’s developed. After all, Dimitri isn’t alone when it comes to wanting to project a certain image, and Ashley could have practiced facial expressions in front of a mirror (when Dimitri wasn’t standing in front of it jerking himself off to his ripped body). She may have found that pushing her bottom jaw just slightly outward gives her a particular expression; one she feels conveys the image she wants to have/establish -- a very chill woman, secure in who she is and in her relationship. After all, for some, going on television means presenting your “best side” to the camera, literally and figuratively. It’s very easy to find a facial expression that one feels “works” for them and then get into the habit of using it. Many women purse their lips to appear intelligent, keep their lower lip slightly dropped to look sensual, suck in their cheeks to accentuate their cheekbones, hold their head at a certain angle to de-emphasize a double chin... Regardless, Ashley does look smug at times, but you can say that about almost any strong woman when all eyes are on her. It IS interesting how she didn’t have (or use) that expression when gushing over Jamira (because she didn’t feel threatened), but had that expression set in stone when talking with Jocelyn…

Thoughts?

No thoughts. You thought and said it all! Lol great post! Thank you!! Write more! Lol

at the risk of sounding like a creepy creeper, what other shows do u watch and post about? I like your insight and psychological interpretations. Which is one of the reasons I watch reality drek. No matter how fake it is,  or producer-driven, there is usually reality there in the emotions and reactions and motivations. If you know how to look for it. 

And I agree with your interpretations about the villains. They're usually more important than the 'heroes'. They usually elicit more emotions from the viewer. Therefore we are more invested in watching their every move.  

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

at the risk of sounding like a creepy creeper, what other shows do u watch and post about? I like your insight and psychological interpretations. Which is one of the reasons I watch reality drek. No matter how fake it is,  or producer-driven, there is usually reality there in the emotions and reactions and motivations. If you know how to look for it. 

Hello, @VedaPierce! A Joan Crawford fan? ? Pleasure to meet you!

This is actually the first time I've ever posted about a reality show. I do watch others, for the same reason you do. In the end, we're all human, but the dysfunction on these shows is very producer, ego, financially, and alcohol driven -- and I keep that in mind. I watch a few of the Real Housewives series, but don't analyse them so much because it's almost too obvious what train wrecks and/or publicity-wh*res the characters are. I would post more if there were more shows as compelling as Seeking Sister Wive. I do not like the Sister Wives series and do not watch it. It's the deception in the Snowden Saga that get me. Now that I'm saying that what they're doing is criminal, but I'm a true crime buff and when there's a big (and I mean BIG) story in the news, something akin to Scott Peterson, etc, I'm all over it. I love to find the flaws. Oh, I miss Nancy Grace!!!

Any show you love and want to recommend that you think might be fun to analyse together?

Thank you SO SO much for your compliments regarding my posts! That means a great deal to me. I really appreciate it. 

• Love 2