Type keyword(s) to search

The Snowdens: Ashley, Dmitri, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, but definitely no Vanessa

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Please place any particularly disturbing details of the accusations against Dmitri or Ashley behind spoiler tags so that other posters can choose whether they would like to read them. 

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I am just wondering which LATER sister wife Dimitri is going to actually marry and make his FIRST wife!  And for the record - can ANYONE out there PLEASE tell me why he didn't marry Ashley?

They both believe that by not marrying:

1. I am not sure if they mentioned it on TV but on FB they mentioned they aren't legally married because they wanted to keep the government out of their union (they still call their relationship a marriage even though it isn't legal and no mention of a religious ceremony).

2. They believe that both wives should have equal standing in their "marriage". Since both women cannot legally marry Dimitri, neither women will be married to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rainflower said:

1. I am not sure if they mentioned it on TV but on FB they mentioned they aren't legally married because they wanted to keep the government out of their union (they still call their relationship a marriage even though it isn't legal and no mention of a religious ceremony).

2. They believe that both wives should have equal standing in their "marriage". Since both women cannot legally marry Dimitri, neither women will be married to him. 

Thank you!   

• Love 1
On 2/6/2018 at 9:29 AM, Rainflower said:

And neither will have any legal rights, except to child support. Well-played, Dimitri! 

• Love 17

Dimitri's Facebook post have me rolling my damn eyes at him. The bolded part is my doing. I grew up around people like Dimitri that used psychology, definitions, etc. to try to manipulate people around them. 

compersion is the opposite of jealousy.
compersion is the feeling of joy one has experiencing another's joy.
there are many, many ingredients required in order to have a successful relationship IE a monogamous relationship, a successful sibling relationship, a successful work relationship etc
compersion becomes an essential and immutable ingredient when it comes to polygyny.
for example in polygyny, if you don't joy from seeing your spouses (husband or sister wife) in given states of expressing love, you will not survive in a polygynous union.
polygyny is a construct whereby love becomes a celebrated expression both acted and observed.
to be clear, jealousy is not innate nor is jealousy "natural". jealousy is an insecurity, fear, concern, and envy over relative lack of possessions, status or something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a comparator.
jealousy is a secondary or child emotion in the fear/anger emotional paradigm. 
we personally find that jealously is the result of an underdeveloped part of one's emotional intelligence which further results in immature and juvenile behaviors and thought streams.
in our family, there is no space or time for such nonsense.
in order for polygyny (or any relationship) to be massively successful, all parties involved MUST have a very high emotional intelligence and exercise compersion!

• Love 6

compersion is the opposite of jealousy.
compersion is the feeling of joy one has experiencing another's joy.
there are many, many ingredients required in order to have a successful relationship IE a monogamous relationship, a successful sibling relationship, a successful work relationship etc
compersion becomes an essential and immutable ingredient when it comes to polygyny.
for example in polygyny, if you don't joy from seeing your spouses (husband or sister wife) in given states of expressing love, you will not survive in a polygynous union.
polygyny is a construct whereby love becomes a celebrated expression both acted and observed.
to be clear, jealousy is not innate nor is jealousy "natural". jealousy is an insecurity, fear, concern, and envy over relative lack of possessions, status or something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a comparator.
jealousy is a secondary or child emotion in the fear/anger emotional paradigm. 
we personally find that jealously is the result of an underdeveloped part of one's emotional intelligence which further results in immature and juvenile behaviors and thought streams.
in our family, there is no space or time for such nonsense.
in order for polygyny (or any relationship) to be massively successful, all parties involved MUST have a very high emotional intelligence and exercise compersion!

This is the biggest load of crap I think I've ever read.

9 hours ago, SL16 said:

Jealousy is a totally normal reaction to someone else moving in on your territory.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wild-connections/201409/is-it-only-natural-us-be-jealous

I am so happy my husband and I aren't as "enlightened" as the Snowdens.

Exactly. Jealousy is completely normal. It is as innate and natural as any other human emotion. And I agree, my husband and I are more than happy to remain blissfully unenlightened!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 23

I can't be the only one who can't wait until the next episode, if only because she's sick of the promo with April asking Dimitri if anything happened on his date while Dimitri tries to look sheepish while hiding a cat-ate-the-canary smile?

And seriously, April? He was out all night. What do you think they were doing? Reading out loud to each other from Anna Karenina? Plotting to save the rain forest from imminent destruction?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 7
On 2/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, Christi said:

To me, this is the fucking craziest couple (thriple?) of all...because its so obvious the other couples are completely batshit.

So...okay...dude want a side piece, creepy as fuck...but I think wifey is trying to appear "progressive". But while she is pregnant?? She is only going to get more tired, feel less and less attractive and have hormones raging...PLUS...and I dont even have kids...but I know if I was going through all of this...I need my husband there every step of the way.

I think this is so thoughtless and cruel...omg, i cant even.

Sure Robyn and Cody were also thoughtless assholes, and Christine even sort of admitted (in a very pc plyg way) that it was hard on her.

I cant even fathom going through a pregnancy, birth, first months of a baby with a 20 something chick, who looks like a model, running around with big daddy wearing his shit-eatin grin...omg

OH HELL NAW

He's got her bamboozled into thinking they're honoring their African roots by creating a "tribe". Her post where she talks about how she's looking for this deep sister bond with the woman is so unrealistic. It's  obvious she is the jealous type, really doesn't want Dmitri to be sexually attracted to the woman and will repeat their first relationship which ended because Dmitiri and the new chickadee spent their time boning while Ashley took care of the kids and home. The only way I see polygamy ever "working" is if the first wife chooses the next wife without regard for what the husband wants. When the man has final say in most cases, but especially Dmitri's, he's going to choose primarily with his second head. Of course this then results in jealousy for the first wife because he'll walk around with a shit eating grin, be drawn to the new wife all the time for sex and if he deigns to have sex with the first wife, it will be perfunctory and the first wife will know it. Human nature never changes, we all want to play with the new toy. Nowhere is this more apparent than with Dmitri.

• Love 13
On 2/8/2018 at 1:39 AM, Rainflower said:

Dimitri's Facebook post have me rolling my damn eyes at him. The bolded part is my doing. I grew up around people like Dimitri that used psychology, definitions, etc. to try to manipulate people around them. 

You are so right, both Dmitri and Ashley believe they are being progressive while espousing a cultural tribal way of life. The problem is that Ashley is jealous, big time. She wasn't born into an African polygamous society where the woman having no say or control in the marriage is the norm. So her reality with polygamy will be colored by the cultural norms she was raised with. "Compersion" in this setting is all one sided. She may be able to delude herself Dmitri's horndog behavior is wonderful  for a litle while, but as time goes on bitterness and resentment will build up, just like we've seen in every other plg relationship. 

• Love 16

Dimitri has posted the following link in order to justify or explain his reasoning for pro-polygamy stance:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/the-big-question-whats-the-history-of-polygamy-and-how-serious-a-problem-is-it-in-africa-1858858.html

1. The article is mostly about how polygamy was a NECESSITY or a way to boast about one's wealth.

So is Dimitri doing polygamy only to show off how much he earns? What happens if he gets injured and his stay at home "wives" with their children can no longer live the same lifestyle they are accustom to right now? 

2. Trying to go back to their African roots is stupid. They can't. They don't live in the African cultures that practice polygamy. There are reasons so many African women who hate polygamy stay in polygamy. Single women after a certain age is seen as undesireable. Divorced women with children may be ostracized by society. The women really do need a man's protection to live a peaceful and safe life, etc. Dimitri and Ashley cannot recreate those things in the black community in the US.

I am more than sure if the majority of African countries were similar to the US (a larger educated population, women in the workplace, laws that prevent discrimination, etc.) a shit ton of women who are in polygamy today would have opted for monogamous marriages.

I have friends who are from Africa. Some of them grew up in polygamous homes. Out of all of them, NONE, not even the men, want to live a polygamous lifestyle. Besides the expense, according to the guys, polygamy is just too much work for sex. Having to keep all the women happy and deal with fights is just too stressful. One guy told me one of his father's wives killed a co-wife and her child out of jealousy.

Finally, there is a part of me that thinks Dimitri isn't going to marry any of the women to keep them dependent on him. His current wife is a stay at home mom and he wants the other woman to be a stay at home wife as well. So, if Ashley or the other woman is done with Dimitri and wants to leave, at most they would get is child's support.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 16
On 2/8/2018 at 4:19 PM, SL16 said:

Jealousy is a totally normal reaction to someone else moving in on your territory.

Yes, thank you.   I think it would actually be abnormal NOT to be jealous.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 14

Dimitri himself said it best, and I'm paraphrasing here:  "A lot of people think polygamy is a way for men to have their cake and eat it, too."

Why, yes I do think that, if only from the shit-eating grin on your face, when you're on your solo date with Miss Super Model wannabe, in the previews.

How he was able to sell his bullshit to Ashley, an educated modern woman, I have no idea.  If Ashley is wanting to be progressive, she's looking like anything but.

• Love 12
On 1/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, grammaester said:

I'm horrified that in this day and age an educated woman like Ashley has deluded herself that she's being culturally relevant by adhering to some sort of tribal living arrangement when it is obvious her heart is not in this at all.

Well said. I have seen many brilliant women be talked into accepting mistresses and other arrangements by their husbands under the intellectual guise that monogamy isn't natural. It's sometimes a blessing to be just 'intelligent' enough to say, if that's what you want, there's the door.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

Well said. I have seen many brilliant women be talked into accepting mistresses and other arrangements by their husbands under the intellectual guise that monogamy isn't natural. It's sometimes a blessing to be just 'intelligent' enough to say, if that's what you want, there's the door.

Agreed! Just watched the new episode. Wow for two intelligent people they don't even realize they're on two completely different pages. He's in this to stroke his ego and get strange. He can be the leader of a new "Tribe", one where all the wives are "magic"(code for hot and young). He's too wrapped up in this scenario to even consider that with absolute certainty, these hot women will all walk as soon as they realize he thinks someone else is hotter. Guaranteed this is what happened in their first relationship because...AShley thinks her husband loves and wants only her. She has deluded herself he is doing this to enable her to have support in their dream of having a boatload of kids, which she doesn't want to physically participate in.. She thinks she can choose a best friend who he will sleep with primarily to procreate. Wrong! You're right, sometimes being too smart doesn't allow you to see the forest for the trees. 

• Love 10

This isn’t Ashley’s first rodeo with being pregnant- she should have realized that adding a sister wife while she is very pregnant is not a good idea. 

Having sex on the first date is a definite deal breaker - it shows the true motivations of Dimitri and Jocelyn. 

• Love 19

Someone on Reddit wrote this:

News news news alert. They are doing IG live....username: thesnowdenfamily

She was defending him and saying that mistakes happen. He was saying he regrets his actions. They still completely want that lifestyle and think it "divinely intended" for men to have many mates since they have thousands of sperm at a time but women can only carry one child at a time. It was brief unfortunately.

If this is true, I called it earlier, lol.

I didn't see a live and if they did do one, the Snowdens didn't leave the video up. And if she did say that, well folks, now we know why she's ok with polygamy. The more it goes, the more it looks like Dimitri is nothing but a hoodrat and Ashley is holding on for dear life. Has her age ever been revealed?

Funny how he's not for scheduling time with the women. I bet he would spend most of his time banging the younger/newer wife. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Rainflower said:
1 hour ago, Rainflower said:

Funny how he's not for scheduling time with the women. I bet he would spend most of his time banging the younger/newer wife. 

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!  The moment he said that I just knew he said that because he would spend EVERY night but maybe ONE boinking the new hottie.  On Ashley's night he would have to rest because of the millions of polygamists sperms he has to muster up.

• Love 6

I have been wondering , there has been no mention  of any  testing for STAS that  I have heard. On the extremely  long shot ( 164354376 to 1) that  a man could  talk me into this the first  thing  that would  happen  was testing  all around . 

Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

I have been wondering , there has been no mention  of any  testing for STDs that  I have heard. On the extremely  long shot ( 164354376 to 1) that  a man could  talk me into this the first  thing  that would  happen  was testing  all around . 

• Love 4

While it is entertaining for me personally to watch the "Seeking sister wife" series, it's also disappointing for me to see  how all these woman have been brainwashed into this lifestyle. It is VERY transparent that even on a good day these woman STRUGGLE with it.....(tears, jealousy, weight issues and immaturity). It is hard enough in life to maintain a long term and healthy monogamous marriage let alone trying to "share" your husband for supposedly getting a better spot in heaven or forming a freakin tribe!! Lol....I have a feeling that any one of these women on a given day could claw the other "wives" eyes out if they thought they could get away with it.  The Britney family wives are a MESS!...The official wife is one scheming baby talking woman; the other is brow beat by her and the third "wife" didn't didn't get familiar enough with the facts and situation before she popped a baby out by this guy.......and flat out having their children lie about who their mothers are and aren't is sickening.....The Snowdens well this is a train wreck in the making....Dimitri is SO full of himself and is  acting like an immature teenager.. I mean come on, he slept with this gal on the FIRST date?!?! ( that's screams gf/marriage material right there on HER part doesn't it?.. lol) while his VERY pregnant "wife" is home tending to their children.  And if she really is tapped out with the three children then hire a freakin babysitter honey, we all have (although they appear as though they could hire a nanny if they wanted, but I sure wouldn't leave Dimitri home alone with her) Lol..And Dimitris weak excuse for not having much closer "outer family" is pathetic too; millions of people are in that same situation and just LIVE with it..I have a sneaky suspicion that Ashley will eventually wise up and decide she doesn't need HIM OR tribe!...just my thoughts ?

• Love 9

Dude had no shame. He ran out and bought a whole wardrobe after their first lunch meetup, or that’s what the editing made it look like. Then he giddily tried on outfits expecting Ashley to be totally cool with his over the top excitement. Dimitri completely lacks any sense of self awareness. He is too wrapped up in his own self interests to see how all of this would have been like a dagger in the heart to even an “educated, progressive modern nonjealous woman”.

• Love 12

Either Ashley is a complete fraud- suffering silently with her head held high, looking down her nose at all the lesser women who couldn't handle her chosen lifestyle, missing a chip somewhere that would give her a healthy attachment to her mate, or she's totally brainwashed.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Either Ashley is a complete fraud- suffering silently with her head held high, looking down her nose at all the lesser women who couldn't handle her chosen lifestyle, missing a chip somewhere that would give her a healthy attachment to her mate, or she's totally brainwashed.

I have noticed that Ashley often looks down her nose. And looks like something smells bad to her.

• Love 9

...so. Reading about the blog post that Ashley made...wanting to be an actress etc makes sense.  There is something so very disingenuous about this whole family.  For the past few days I've been looking through knitting patterns....I know. I know. Bare with me.  I found a site that had over 2000 sweater patterns and I've been slowly working my way through it looking for specific shape etc to try my first knitted sweater.  Most of the sweaters are modeled by various women, a few men here and there.  But...then this one catches my eye.  Not because of the sweater, but the model wearing it.

https://www.yarn.com/products/berroco-gelato-pdf

From the moment I saw Joselyn on the screen her way of holding herself reminded me of a model...not that I know models, but I do watch Project Runway.  She has the general tall and slender form of a model as well, but I don't think she is as tall as some of the runway girls.  I added a screen shot pic.

SSW-J.jpg.23e4c7acfa7010a701a8adfb21a7036a.jpg

• Love 8
13 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Her mother  was trying  to beat her face? I am sure that does not mean  what I think it does. Will someone  please  explain  what that means  to this old white  lady . 

She’s talking about make up. Lol. Her mother must have been trying to do her make up.  That’s what that saying means. If it’s done well, then the woman’s face is said to be beat. Really well, beat to the gods. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Her mother  was trying  to beat her face? I am sure that does not mean  what I think it does. Will someone  please  explain  what that means  to this old white  lady . 

It is an old expression it just means to scold or chide someone but not really seriously it is sometimes used in an almost playful manner like throwing your hands up in the air in mock exasperation. 

I had never heard the expression, either, and I agree with @crazycatlady58 that I learn a lot from these forums.  

I like looking up acronyms on the urban dictionary site, but a lot of times, I guess them right, from context.  

This Snowden family really has me baffled.  I just don't get why Ashley is OK with Dimitri boinking other women, no matter what she says.  I wonder what her sister and fiancé think of all this.  Is this just for TV exposure, or what?

TLC must be thinking to replace the Browns with this, or what's the other one coming up?  Three Wives, One Husband?  If they're trying to sell the polygamy lifestyle, well, even if I were young and searching for direction, I'm sure I would say a big fat NO to all that.

• Love 5

My first thought was that beat my face referred to pinching and slapping ones cheeks to make them look rosy. I love the fun things I learn from you guys.

That poster was most definitely NOT talking about Ashley when they said the black girl should be a model!!! Ha! It's like when Derek Zoolander got up to accept Hansel's award.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 2/16/2018 at 8:01 PM, Ciarrai said:

I ... don't think this woman is talking about Ashley. I think she's referring to the side piece.

Maybe I'm old (yes) and don't really understand Twitter (almost certainly), but that seems like an excessive amount of hashtags. Honestly, polygamy and polygyny? Twitter as a hashtag? #Model? FFS, #familyfrist? I'm sure that one will be trending any minute now. Give it a rest, Ashley.

• Love 6

Here is the sister wife that Ashley kicked out a year ago, she looks so much like Joselyn it's almost creepy.

She spills quite a lot of tea in her post here and confirms that Dimitri is a cheating, arrogant ass who treats Ashley like crap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/seekingsisterwifetlc/comments/7ybxuh/did_anyone_else_see_this_on_facebook/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I am a professional actor.

That was one of the reasons Ashley reached out to me before we started counting again. She wanted tips on how to get an agent and so on. She wants to be famous, I guess since doing it the honest way was taking too long, she and Dimitri decided to take to the media and create this drama for fans and followers.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you for the support ladies.

I met Dimitri in an “Polygamy” group in FB 6 years ago. I started talking to them both 2 years later by phone and FaceTime. A month after that we began to court, Ashley cane to New Orleans to stay with me for a few days while we got to know each other, it was ok but 2 days in, we fell out over a disagreement. She left, a year later she reached out to me after a trip I took to Africa. We apologized to each other about the differences we had and decided to court again. I went to Atlanta to finally meet Dimitri and he proposed to me, I said yes. Then a week later I moved in with them in Atlanta.

2 months later things started to take a turn for the worst. Ashley told me he gave her an STD. He and I would argue because I didn’t like how he treated her! He is an asshole to her. And he tried it with me but i wouldn’t allow him to do that to me. It was when I refused to have his baby after finding out all of the stuff he did her, he was angry with me.

She wanted a sexual relationship with me, but I just couldn’t do it. She was my sister, it was hard to imagine her being a lover and I’m not attracted to women.

I wish I could say that, that relationship could have worked but honestly, there is too my “Trauma” for her and too much selfishness and dishonesty from him to have a healthy relationship with anyone, including to each other. And i gained my own Trauma from it all.”

“I promise you, I don’t want any publicity from this. The 9 months I was their wife was an absolute nightmare. You don’t have to take my word for it at all. But those text messages are hard to ignore.

If there was an opportunity to discuss our grievances, I probably wouldn’t take it because to be honest, there is NOTHING more I want to do with that family. They did this for money and fame. Dimitri is extremely materialistic and at the time I was there, he was barely keeping up with the expenses there. They need this. Not me!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ashley doesn’t have a lot of friends and told me in confidence that all of her “Friendships” ended badly. She told me she’d fair better if there was more to the “Sister-wife” relationship. I just couldn’t do it. I am not a lesbian. Not that I have anything against that but that just isn’t my lifestyle.

I believe she also wants a lover because she is extremely insecure. I was a threat to her, or so she felt that way.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you so much. The rabbit hole goes very deep. One of the women Dimitri was sleeping with was also in a polygamist marriage and her husbands found out. He was livid!! He exposed Dimitri and created a post that went viral about him laundering money from charter school he ran in Ohio.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8pvitjssawg01.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, citychic said:

Here is the sister wife that Ashley kicked out a year ago, she looks so much like Joselyn it's almost creepy.

She spills quite a lot of tea in her post here and confirms that Dimitri is a cheating, arrogant ass who treats Ashley like crap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/seekingsisterwifetlc/comments/7ybxuh/did_anyone_else_see_this_on_facebook/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I am a professional actor.

That was one of the reasons Ashley reached out to me before we started counting again. She wanted tips on how to get an agent and so on. She wants to be famous, I guess since doing it the honest way was taking too long, she and Dimitri decided to take to the media and create this drama for fans and followers.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you for the support ladies.

I met Dimitri in an “Polygamy” group in FB 6 years ago. I started talking to them both 2 years later by phone and FaceTime. A month after that we began to court, Ashley cane to New Orleans to stay with me for a few days while we got to know each other, it was ok but 2 days in, we fell out over a disagreement. She left, a year later she reached out to me after a trip I took to Africa. We apologized to each other about the differences we had and decided to court again. I went to Atlanta to finally meet Dimitri and he proposed to me, I said yes. Then a week later I moved in with them in Atlanta.

2 months later things started to take a turn for the worst. Ashley told me he gave her an STD. He and I would argue because I didn’t like how he treated her! He is an asshole to her. And he tried it with me but i wouldn’t allow him to do that to me. It was when I refused to have his baby after finding out all of the stuff he did her, he was angry with me.

She wanted a sexual relationship with me, but I just couldn’t do it. She was my sister, it was hard to imagine her being a lover and I’m not attracted to women.

I wish I could say that, that relationship could have worked but honestly, there is too my “Trauma” for her and too much selfishness and dishonesty from him to have a healthy relationship with anyone, including to each other. And i gained my own Trauma from it all.”

“I promise you, I don’t want any publicity from this. The 9 months I was their wife was an absolute nightmare. You don’t have to take my word for it at all. But those text messages are hard to ignore.

If there was an opportunity to discuss our grievances, I probably wouldn’t take it because to be honest, there is NOTHING more I want to do with that family. They did this for money and fame. Dimitri is extremely materialistic and at the time I was there, he was barely keeping up with the expenses there. They need this. Not me!”

“Ashley doesn’t have a lot of friends and told me in confidence that all of her “Friendships” ended badly. She told me she’d fair better if there was more to the “Sister-wife” relationship. I just couldn’t do it. I am not a lesbian. Not that I have anything against that but that just isn’t my lifestyle.

I believe she also wants a lover because she is extremely insecure. I was a threat to her, or so she felt that way.”

“Thank you so much. The rabbit hole goes very deep. One of the women Dimitri was sleeping with was also in a polygamist marriage and her husbands found out. He was livid!! He exposed Dimitri and created a post that went viral about him laundering money from charter school he ran in Ohio.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8pvitjssawg01.jpg

WOW they are worse than I suspected! Even if only part of what this woman says is true, grossss. Ashley you can wipe that smug look off your face, the truth is out there now. Dimitri...blech. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 14

The part I found fascinating is that he was dating a married woman, pissed off her husband so the husband outed him on the whole charter school embezzlement thing.

I've came across men like him before, they truly do think they're invincible as long as they have someone feeding their ego. How can Ashley let herself be made a fool of like this? That I don't get.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, citychic said:

How can Ashley let herself be made a fool of like this?

Sounds like Ashley has some serious issues herself. She wants to be famous. She got into a fight with the first woman right off the bat but later wanted her as a sister wife. Then once the woman was in their family (with her kids, no less), Ashley wants her as a lover too, without having discussed that during the courtship. She then trashes the woman, leaves and lets Dimitri kick her out. On top of all that, Ashley lets Dimitri treat her (Ashley) like shit and cheat on her.

Did TLC not vet this couple before signing them on? What a trainwreck. Too much baggage that could come out on social media, sinking the Snowden's portion of the show. I still think their storyline is completely scripted but they are toxic.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Sounds like Ashley has some serious issues herself. She wants to be famous. She got into a fight with the first woman right off the bat but later wanted her as a sister wife. Then once the woman was in their family (with her kids, no less), Ashley wants her as a lover too, without having discussed that during the courtship. She then trashes the woman, leaves and lets Dimitri kick her out. On top of all that, Ashley lets Dimitri treat her (Ashley) like shit and cheat on her.

Did TLC not vet this couple before signing them on? What a trainwreck. Too much baggage that could come out on social media, sinking the Snowden's portion of the show. I still think their storyline is completely scripted but they are toxic.

Yeah I thought Ashley was more a victim, but not anymore. She's in on this, it seems she fully expects Dimitri to sleep around. That's all well and good for them, but they are not being honest with the women that they are "courting". It sounds to me like the former "sister wife" was expecting a faithful husband, sharing him only with Ashley, and a best friend in Ashley. Instead she gets a cheating dog and woman who puts up with it, even sanctions it, and wants her new sister wife to be her lover as well. Yikes!

• Love 10
On 2/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, Roslyn said:

...so. Reading about the blog post that Ashley made...wanting to be an actress etc makes sense.  There is something so very disingenuous about this whole family.  For the past few days I've been looking through knitting patterns....I know. I know. Bare with me.  I found a site that had over 2000 sweater patterns and I've been slowly working my way through it looking for specific shape etc to try my first knitted sweater.  Most of the sweaters are modeled by various women, a few men here and there.  But...then this one catches my eye.  Not because of the sweater, but the model wearing it.

From the moment I saw Joselyn on the screen her way of holding herself reminded me of a model...not that I know models, but I do watch Project Runway.  She has the general tall and slender form of a model as well, but I don't think she is as tall as some of the runway girls.  I added a screen shot pic.

It’s not the same girl. Even though they do have the same hair style, their faces are different. Her hair is much longer than Jocelyn’s. Also, Jocelyn looks much younger than the girl in your yarn pic. 

On 2/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

Makeup. It evolved from makeup artists who could turn a hag into a cover model. 

• Love 3
On 2/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, Roslyn said:

I'm a knitter too. Thanks for this link. I hadn't looked at the Webs catalog for a while. Do you do Ravelry?

As for the show, I had posted that I hadn't thought Ashleigh was giving off a polyamory vibe, but some of these new links say otherwise! What a weird group of people. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm beginning to think that Ashley and Dimitri are making this whole sister wife thing up in order to be on TV.  

I would have thought that too, except that one woman came forward to share her year as a sister wife with them (the one they keep mentioning that didn't work out) and the rest of her family mentioned how she was hurt by that sister wife in the past - and they seemed pretty sincere.   I just think Ashley and Dimitri are..... scuzbuckets.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I would have thought that too, except that one woman came forward to share her year as a sister wife with them (the one they keep mentioning that didn't work out) and the rest of her family mentioned how she was hurt by that sister wife in the past - and they seemed pretty sincere.   I just think Ashley and Dimitri are..... scuzbuckets.

Their previous sister wife did say that Ashley wants to be an actress. So I could see them as famewhores using this reality show as a leg up into the reality show circuit. And that she is bisexual, and wanted a sexual relationship with her sister wife, which was a dealbreaker for their first sister wife. I could see them doing this mostly for fame. They seem really....fake. Disingenuous, something about them does not ring true.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Their previous sister wife did say that Ashley wants to be an actress. So I could see them as famewhores using this reality show as a leg up into the reality show circuit. And that she is bisexual, and wanted a sexual relationship with her sister wife, which was a dealbreaker for their first sister wife. I could see them doing this mostly for fame. They seem really....fake. Disingenuous, something about them does not ring true.  

Their previous wife may have said she wants to be an actress, but she came around LONG before this couple was on TLC or even could have imagined that TLC might do yet ANOTHER polygamy show.  Their previous wife wasn't on TV - so what did she get out of joining the couple?  Nothing that I can see.  I agree that they are weird and probably fake in many ways, but I think they are definitely looking for a threesome at the very least.

• Love 2