Type keyword(s) to search

The Snowdens: Ashley, Dmitri, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, but definitely no Vanessa

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Please place any particularly disturbing details of the accusations against Dmitri or Ashley behind spoiler tags so that other posters can choose whether they would like to read them. 

• Start Topic

I’m new to this craptastic show and I find I have this deep curiosity about Dmitri, because I know a grifter when I see one. So I ended up googling him and wound up reading this. He wrote about himself in the third person (of course!), claims he has an IQ of 129 (in my experience, if you have a high IQ, you don’t feel it necessary to broadcast it) and the word salad below would feed an army of polygamists. Bring your own bottle of salad dressing, folks. What a con.

https://dimitrisnowden.com/who-is-dimitri-snowden/

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m new to this craptastic show and I find I have this deep curiosity about Dmitri, because I know a grifter when I see one. So I ended up googling him and wound up reading this. He wrote about himself in the third person (of course!), claims he has an IQ of 129 (in my experience, if you have a high IQ, you don’t feel it necessary to broadcast it) and the word salad below would feed an army of polygamists. Bring your own bottle of salad dressing, folks. What a con.

That's the best laugh I've had in weeks. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I don’t even know where to start with this. Mess indeed. Such a high iq and so accomplished that he was unable to secure scholarships or bursaries? The lower case style kills me. I worked with an author who insisted on this, she was almost as self-important as this guy. Any testimonials? Partners? Client lists?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Any testimonials? Partners? Client lists?

No one has figured out what all of that claptrap even means, so no one knows whether they want to be his client.  There are no testimonials, because . . . he has no clients.  He has no partners because no one is worthy to share his gloriousness.

• LOL 8
36 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t even know where to start with this. Mess indeed. Such a high iq and so accomplished that he was unable to secure scholarships or bursaries? The lower case style kills me. I worked with an author who insisted on this, she was almost as self-important as this guy. Any testimonials? Partners? Client lists?

I had similar thoughts. He said he had only one more semester to go but had to drop out due to financial problems. That’s laughable. An accomplished African-American at an upscale college during the years he would have been enrolled would have had a university throwing money at him if he needed it. He doesn’t mention from where he almost got a degree because he was concerned that someone would check the student roster and find that HE WASN’T a student. 

From the very first moment, I felt like I’d seen him somewhere before but cannot place him. He’s the type who would appear on Shark Tank with a stupid invention (he states that he has invented SO MANY important pieces of dreck items) and gotten shot down.

• Love 9

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands. I checked out Ashley’s Facebook page (and I don’t even do Facebook, because I think it’s nonsense....and get off my lawn!) where she shills self-care products 🤮. Is anyone surprised that she refers to females as “womxn?” Poseur who really needs to get over herself. I’m still wondering exactly where she supposedly taught anthropology to unsuspecting young adults because I can’t seem to find that information. Don’t get me wrong; anthropology professors are often kooks so I’m not saying it’s impossible, by why would it be such a closely guarded secret?

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The only clients you can see are on his "messes" page in which he states his company was sued for not doing the work they charged for.  The suit was dropped.  However, this is not something most folks would put out there. 

Dmitri is an inventor who only invents crap no one wants.  I work with a lot of hardware and robotics folks.  They will invent things for fun without any expectation that it will become a market ready item.  They also have sense enough to have real jobs.  The Snowdens are the gift that keeps on giving.  Ugh, too pretentious to use capitalization.  Yeah, I see you dmitri.  I see the pile of BS that is you. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 4/4/2021 at 7:38 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

OMG thank you for posting this. What nonsense. That truly is word salad. 

• Love 2

I am still trying to figure out how a 3-5 day food, water, shelter and sanitary supply is also a less lethal self-defense system.  Does the food attack anyone trying to harm you?  Is the shelter bullet proof?  I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

OK, somehow I doubt dmitri (hey, if he's not going to capitalize his name, neither am I) has a patent on his less lethal self-defense system.  This is probably a backpack with some canned goods, granola bars, a few bottles of water, water purification tablets, a thermal blanket and a few folding poles.  He is a master inventor!!!! 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am still trying to figure out how a 3-5 day food, water, shelter and sanitary supply is also a less lethal self-defense system.  Does the food attack anyone trying to harm you?  Is the shelter bullet proof?  I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

OK, somehow I doubt dmitri (hey, if he's not going to capitalize his name, neither am I) has a patent on his less lethal self-defense system.  This is probably a backpack with some canned goods, granola bars, a few bottles of water, water purification tablets, a thermal blanket and a few folding poles.  He is a master inventor!!!! 

Other than the self defense system it sounds like what I used to take when I went camping. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

He’s all about the grift. He fancies himself to be a brand.

My profile of him is a kid who grew up in Boston (you can hear the accent come through occasionally), had some brains and was charismatic, realized that he was a smooth talker and self-promoter, and quickly found out that there are idiotic people who fall for his word salad sales pitches. To me, he’s the type who would cook up a pyramid scheme.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 15
On 4/12/2021 at 7:48 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

He’s all about the grift. He fancies himself to be a brand.

My profile of him is a kid who grew up in Boston (you can hear the accent come through occasionally), had some brains and was charismatic, realized that he was a smooth talker and self-promoter, and quickly found out that there are idiotic people who fall for his word salad sales pitches. To me, he’s the type who would cook up a pyramid scheme.

Haha that's so funny because tonight I heard him say about one of the other girls that she had his "hahht" and I thought he sounded like the tin man singing his song 😄 

• LOL 7

I would love to see one of these “new wife” candidates show up with their own kids in tow, by surprise.  Then I want her to hand the youngest, because there has to be more than one, directly over into Ashley’s arms and the camera crew can get a closeup of the steam pouring out of her ears in fury.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Yikes!!!!  So much for the calm, cool and collected guy.

He was probably rough with her because the other two were big enough to pin him in a wrestling match.

BTW, I get a strong "fame-whore" vibe from TaylEr.  She's there for the cameras and is probably sorry they'll stop at the bedroom door.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Wondering if this has anything to do with Vanessa ditching them and moving away?  Things that make you go hmmm 🤔 

And maybe this is why Ashley is so willing to bring other women into the home . . . sharing the DIMitri experience so that she has to tolerate less of it????

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Maybe that explains why those kids are so quick to hang onto any other adult woman that comes into the house.  Mom's a bitch.

• Love 19

This doesn’t surprise me at all, what I can’t believe is that these women move in with people they barely know and expose innocent children to the whole mess.  Probably the reason Vanessa bolted. Wondering what Tayler has to say about all this if she is even still with them.   Wonder if TLC will drop their segments from the show now that this is out there.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

O! M! G!

I just heard. Let me post the transcript:

'Seeking Sister Wife' Star Dimitri Snowden, Wife Accused of Domestic Abuse

'SEEKING SISTER WIFE' STARACCUSED OF DOMESTIC ABUSESister Wife Also Accused

4/27/2021 12:40 AM PT

7:23 AM PT -- Christeline also filed for a restraining order against Dimitri's wife, Ashley Snowden. In docs, obtained by TMZ, Christeline claims back in January Ashley "shoved me to prevent me from leaving the home my husband and I shared with her."

She also claimed Ashley threw a bottle at her and was verbally abusive. Christeline added, "My children are scared of her due to her yelling at them and the violence in the home between her and my husband and me and her.”

"Seeking Sister Wife" star Dimitri Snowden could be in hot water ... 'cause one of the women on the show is accusing him of domestic abuse ... according to new legal docs.

Christeline Petersen filed a restraining order against Dimitri claiming he's been physically abusive during their relationship over the last year ... to the point it's even scared her 2 young daughters.

In docs, obtained by TMZ, Christeline says back in January she was woken up one day by him "slamming my head into the headboard of the bed and he was yelling at me." She went on to claim Dimitri slammed her head on the headboard several times. She says she filed a police report.

What's more ... she claims Dimitri was abusive during sex. She says "he choked me during sex, even though I told him not to." She added, "The more I struggled the more he enjoyed it." Christeline says her only choice was to go along with it.

She claims, "I stopped saying no after a few times, because any struggle by me would prolong the sex and choking." Christeline claims things got so out of hand one time she got very dizzy and felt like she was going to pass out. She says she suffered bruises, scratches and redness around her neck from the alleged attack.

Christeline, who came to the U.S. from South Africa to be courted as a third wife on the TLC reality show, beelined it to court and the judge granted her a restraining order. Dimitri must stay at least 100 yards away from her and her 2 daughters because she says they are afraid of him "as he often yells and punches the walls or furniture."

We've reached out to Dimitri and TLC, so far no word back.

• Useful 1

I'm now thinking that the kids clinging to these new women like barnacles is due to more than just poor boundaries. 

I'll be honest and say I got an egotistical vibe from him, but not physical or sexual abuse. That surprises me.  Ashley, I could see her being physically abusive. 

Either way, I feel bad for their kids. 

• Love 15

Wish I could say that I’m surprised, but I’m not.

Dmitri probably has a long history of slithering getting a pass because he is good-looking, smooth talking, word salad spewing and very charming, in a Ted Bundy-ish way. No one ever called him on his shit and he didn’t think anyone ever would, which him leads to pushing the boundaries more and more. What kind of a man believes he is so special that he DESERVES and is ENTITLED TO a harem? 

And Ashley is his partner in the folie a deux. They feed each other’s ego and delusion. They are both sick people. The kids should be removed from the home. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe that explains why those kids are so quick to hang onto any other adult woman that comes into the house.  Mom's a bitch.

I didn't say anything in the other thread, because I didn't want to cast aspersions.  But, I'm a mandated reporter in my state, and one of the things they told us in training is that a kid being overly affectionate with someone they don't know can be a sign of abuse.  I noticed the Snowden kids latch on to any woman the parents bring around, even upon their first meeting.  It did give me pause. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all, what I can’t believe is that these women move in with people they barely know and expose innocent children to the whole mess.  Probably the reason Vanessa bolted. Wondering what Tayler has to say about all this if she is even still with them.   Wonder if TLC will drop their segments from the show now that this is out there.

Oh I'm still pretty sure that Vanessa, like Tayler, was just there for the TV time and bolted when it was over.  (Just like I'm sure Tayler went back to her "things" that she had no problem leaving behind last night!). In the article Chriselyne kept calling him "my husband" so maybe she went through with it and was sincere, and that's when he figured he could get away with it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

The Loser Channel will still air it for better ratings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Did I miss the part about how Christeline was able to come to the US for a prolonged period of time?

I think we are all curious about it.  I was absolutely shocked that her 2 children were already here with her.   I can't stand the "cast" of this show, so I don't seek out info on them outside of what is posted on this forum.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It’s also possible that Vanessa’s exit, which is still mysterious, was due to the Snowdens’ abuse and they paid her off to keep her mouth shut? They could recoup their losses with another season of SSWTF.

Yea I joked she was an actress but how awful. It makes so much sense that she broke up with them over text and brought her family with her to collect her things. She also took the next flight to Australia, she was likely terrified.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Wish I could say that I’m surprised, but I’m not.

Dmitri probably has a long history of slithering getting a pass because he is good-looking, smooth talking, word salad spewing and very charming, in a Ted Bundy-ish way. No one ever called him on his shit and he didn’t think anyone ever would, which him leads to pushing the boundaries more and more. What kind of a man believes he is so special that he DESERVES and is ENTITLED TO a harem? 

And Ashley is his partner in the folie a deux. They feed each other’s ego and delusion. They are both sick people. The kids should be removed from the home. 

Boy did you ever hit it on the head.  It would be *so easy* for someone with his looks (that grin!) and slick talking to find sexual partners--Ted Bundy indeed.  I've idly wondered why such a showboat was with rather drab though bossy Ashley, why he wasn't married to a glamor puss Beyonce look alike.  His looks and let's face it engaging and vibrant personality are extremely attractive at first glance.

And Ashley is definitely the gatekeeper.  He sits there in all his masculine beauty, not really having to lift a finger beyond taking a potential wife out to dinner, while Ashley does the tough stuff of really evaluating the possibles' tolerance for what she and Dimitri are going to dish out.  Ashley to a large extent imo keeps Dimitri in check and out of trouble; she provides a stream of women to him so he won't get into trouble say, picking up strange women at bars.  Ashley makes sure the new women are malleable enough (or naturally so) to at least pretend to be into Dimitri's game.

I wonder if any of Ashley's weird lifestyle/diet directives are New Age prescriptions to keep Dimitri's dick under control.

And those poor kids indeed.  Regarding the children, all is explained.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Did I miss the part about how Christeline was able to come to the US for a prolonged period of time? 

3 hours ago, princelina said:

In the article Chriselyne kept calling him "my husband" so maybe she went through with it and was sincere, and that's when he figured he could get away with it.  

More details here: 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/14781057/seeking-sister-wife-dimitri-snowden-abuse-christeline-restraining-order/

(Bolded is mine.)

Seeking Sister Wife’s Dimitri & Ashley Snowden accused of abuse by wife Christeline after he ‘choked her during sex’

Teresa Roca

15:56, 27 Apr 2021

Updated: 21:12, 27 Apr 2021

SEEKING Sister Wife stars Dimitri and Ashley Snowden have been accused of abuse by second wife, Christeline, after she claimed in court documents that he “choked her during sex" while the matriarch "threw a bottle at her."

On Seeking Sister Wife, Dimitri, 40, is spiritually married to first wife Ashley, who he shares three children with, and is dating South African native Christeline Petersen and Georgia-based Henna artist Tayler Monique. 

Dimitri Snowden has been accused of domestic violence by his second wifeCredit: TLC

Christeline claimed he 'slammed her head into the headboard of the bed'Credit: TLC

In the request for domestic violence restraining order obtained by The Sun, Christeline, 32, listed her relationship with Dimitri as “we are now married or registered domestic partners” and "used to live together.”

She refers to him as her “husband” in the court papers. 

Christeline claimed the most recent incident of abuse occurred on January 13, 2021 with only she and her husband present. 

She claimed in the filing: “I was woken up by him slamming my head into the headboard of the bed and he was yelling at me. My head was slammed into the headboard several times."

She also alleged he choked her during sexCredit: TLC

She claimed she suffered “pain” and filed a police report on January 22, 2021. 

Christeline went on to allege the abuse happened “numerous times in the last year.”

She claimed in court documents: “He choked me during sex, even though I repeatedly told him not to. The more I struggled, the more he enjoyed it. I stopped saying no after a few times, because any struggle by me would prolong the sex and choking. 

“One time I got very dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out.”

Christeline alleged she almost passed out one time

She claimed Dimitri caused 'bruises and redness' around her neck

She claimed she suffered from “bruises and redness” around her neck and “scratches” from his nails. 

She requested her two daughters, ages 10 and 5, be protected in the petition filed on March 12, 2021. 

Christeline said: “He is not the father of my two daughters and they are afraid of him as often yells and punches the walls or furniture.” 

She claimed she did not give Dimitri notice of the filing, as she was “afraid that the violence would reoccur” if she informed him. 

A temporary restraining order was granted until the next court hearing

A temporary restraining order was granted until the April 6 court hearing. 

Dimitri was ordered to not “harass, attack, strike, threaten, assault (sexually or otherwise), hit, follow, stalk” and more. 

He was ordered to stay at least 100 feet from her person, home, job, car and school of her children.

Only Christeline attended the hearing, as Dimitri was “unable to be properly served” with the temporary restraining order.

Dimitri is dating two women on Seeking Sister Wife in addition to his spiritual wife Ashley

Dimitri and Ashley share three children togetherCredit: Instagram

The temporary order remains in full force until their hearing later this month. 

Dimitri did not immediately respond to The Sun's request for comment.

The Sun can also confirm Christeline filed a restraining order against Ashley, which was not temporarily granted, as well.

In the request filed on the same day, Christeline listed Ashley, 34, as the “girlfriend of husband.”

Christeline also filed a restraining order against Ashley, though it was not grantedCredit: TLC

She claimed of a January 21, 2021 incident: “She shoved me and tried to prevent me from leaving the home my husband and I shared with her. She also threw a bottle at me. 

“She was verbally abusive and called me names. My children are scared of her due to her yelling at them and the violence in the home between her and my husband, and me and her.”

She said she suffered “no injuries” from Ashley’s alleged abuse. 

Christeline also asked to protect her two daughters from Ashley, as she said: “My kids are scared of her due to her constant yelling at them and her violence against me and her and my husband.”

Christeline claimed Ashley 'threw a bottle at her'Credit: TLC

A temporary restraining order was not granted by the court, though Ashley is to appear in court later this month. 

TMZ was the first to report on the restraining orders. 

On the TLC show, Dimitri is courting both Christeline and Tayler.

Dimitri has kissed Christeline and Tayler on the show, as he has formed a connection with both. 

Dimitri is dating Tayler on the showCredit: TLC

Dimitri and Ashley have been together for over 10 yearsCredit: TLC

Tayler told Dimitri’s wife Ashley of a potential sex schedule: “Speaking of sharing, we already set the D schedule. I like it in the morning. Christeline can be getting D in the night.”

Ashley said in her confessional: “Um that’s kind of scary to think about.” 

Tayler enjoyed her time with the Snowdens so much that she asked them if she could stay with them in their $900,000 Woodland Hills, California home. 

The family called Christeline, who had returned to South Africa, as she gave her blessing to the family. 

Last season, Dimitri married Vanessa Cobb in a spiritual ceremony. 

After the finale aired, Vanessa revealed she left the family. 

Both parties did not give an exact reason for the split. 

Edited by NowVoyager
Left out the end of the article
  • Useful 2

I bet that 20-something day detoxing diet or whatever the hell it is is to give Ashley time to suss out the new wife's limits re: rough sex, as well as being a way to control Dimitri without driving him to go out on the prowl alone.  It's a time to indoctrinate the new woman and a time to make Dimitri *wait* for something that will probably be a sure thing, but that he must control himself for.

And they're vegetarians, aren't they?  A lot of people in the past believed that eating animal flesh, especially rare meat, inflamed the lower passions in people, mainly men.  I wonder if Ashley feels that way?

I'm more and more seeing Ashley as a real workhorse trying to keep Dimitri reined in, while trying to care for children, run a house and have some kind of side business.  If what Crystalline says is true--and I believe her--no wonder Ashley needs a sister wife.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

While watching him out for dinner with Taylor, there was an exchange between them that I suddenly felt a chill run through my body, and I realized that if he wasn't totally in control, then he could very well be very brutal. But I thought it was just my imagination and nothing more. It was during a time when Taylor was being very flirtatious and teasing him, when he suddenly turned to her and became very different in his demeanor towards her, almost forceful, his whole facial expression suddenly changed, went dark. He told her that she was to 'focus', I guess he wasn't happy with her teasing him. It was the first time that I felt this from him, and thought it was just my imagination, or my own feelings about the things that have happened to me in my younger years. I have been raped and beaten, I put myself in situations where I was too trusting and paid dearly for it. Maybe it wasn't just my imagination after all. I can truly see him acting the way that she said he has towards her, not surprised much at all. He is much sicker than what we thought he was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm now thinking that the kids clinging to these new women like barnacles is due to more than just poor boundaries. 

I'll be honest and say I got an egotistical vibe from him, but not physical or sexual abuse. That surprises me.  Ashley, I could see her being physically abusive. 

Either way, I feel bad for their kids. 

Idk seems like the carefully calculated type to me - the guy who MUST seem totally “together” and “alpha male” on camera/in front of others. Often they’re the most dangerous. I don’t think he would ever tolerate someone making him look bad or challenging him. And he’s clearly obsessed with sex and the idea of himself as some kind of Don Juan, so I could definitely see him pushing his extreme sexual preferences on others and just expecting them to go along with it. While Ashley definitely has a controlling side, I’ve always thought it was more of a thing where he “allowed” her to take the reins a bit in public because behind closed doors he calls the shots. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, readheaded said:

I’m guessing he legally married Christeline on some kind of K-1 visa. Dimitri and Ashley have never been legally married. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I see Ashley as helping to groom women for dmitri.  She sees how much "guidance" they will accept.  How many hoops will they jump through?  Can she get them to change themselves to become part of the family? The more they are willing to do, the more likely they are to put up with his abusive self.  Change your diet; steam clean your vag; wait for so long before you can get the dmitri wonder D; take care of the kids; clean the house . . . . Slowly limit your world until it is all about the family.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I see Ashley as helping to groom women for dmitri.  She sees how much "guidance" they will accept.  How many hops will they jump through?  Can she get them to change themselves to become part of the family? The more they are willing to do, the more likely they are to put up with his abusive self.  Change your diet; steam clean your vag; wait for so long before you can get the dmitri wonder D; take care of the kids; clean the house . . . . Slowly limit your world until it is all about the family.  

Yeah - not trying to be dramatic but the basic elements of it seem similar to the NVIXM (spelling it wrong? Idk) cult and Allison Mack’s role in it. Where there’s one “main” woman who basically serves as handmaiden/lackey to the primary abuser, and over time becomes an abuser herself and even recruits new victims. The guy is still pulling the strings but she is totally in on it. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I put myself in situations where I was too trusting and paid dearly for it

No.  What happened to you was never, ever your fault.  Nothing you did caused this dreadful thing to happen.  Nothing.

• Love 20