Type keyword(s) to search

The Snowdens: Ashley, Dmitri, bachelorette #1, bachelorette #2, but definitely no Vanessa

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Please place any particularly disturbing details of the accusations against Dmitri or Ashley behind spoiler tags so that other posters can choose whether they would like to read them. 

• Start Topic

On 5/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, LucyEth said:

I am wondering what the situation was with Tayler and Christaline both being in the house at the same time?  Were they both being mistreated by the Snowdens?  Did they both witness each other’s abuse?  Did Tayler get out before Christaline?  The timeline is confusing.

According to Chriseline in tonight's ep - Tayler wanted all of Dimitri's attention, which caused friction between her and Ashley.  Then when the cameras left for quarantine, Tayler conveniently needed to go see her mom in Houston.  Where she apparently started a henna tattoo business and never returned to Snowdenland, leaving the house a much more peaceful place.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

TMZ is reporting that Dimitri Snowden filed for divorce from Christeline Peterson on Tuesday, May 11. 

Wow, this is hot stuff.  So they did get legally married and probably began the adjustment of status process for green card (from tourist visa).  I doubt they did the K1 process (as in 90 day fiance).  Interesting that none of this has been mentioned on the show.  You can apply for a work permit pending the green card process, but even that takes a few months, so Christeline still could not have worked.  She is obviously now trying to get a DV (domestic violence) exception to staying married so she could still get a green card.  Unfortunately, her order-of-protection stunt did not pan out.  She needs a good lawyer now. 

Also, if they were filing for a green card for her while having to prove that it was a legitimate marriage, they'd have problems because he is still living with his first nonwife also.  Wonder how ICE will look at that, as was discussed earlier with the Merrifields.  Fun!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Just a weird observation, but did anyone else think that the 'bindi' in the latest episode looked like one of those page reinforcers for a 3-ring binder?  

So Dimitri may have a legal marriage with Christeline?  Hmm.  And now he's filed for divorce?  Hopefully she's not pregnant, since they made sure to mention that all of the 'wives' had had intimacy with Stud Muffin.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

That interview was intense.  Dmitri and Ashley are a low-rent Epstein and Nygard.  

I always got a very weird vibe about those kids being so clingy, and always got creepy vibes from Ashley. I could picture her being mean/abusive behind the scenes. I was never a fan of Dmitri, but I have to be honest and say I did not imagine he would be actually physically abusive or sexually abusive.  The woman mentioned he scripted all the scenes on the show, so maybe that helped.  Now that I hear it all, I don't doubt any of it.

• Love 11
On 5/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, candall said:

I'm sure he's the man you saw on Oprah--his message is one she would have recognized as critical.  

You assume you'll listen to your gut, but women have been so coached to be courteous, accommodating, nice--to be sensitive to the feelings of others--the voice gets tuned out.

When it happened to me, I felt the ping! but immediately dismissed it, telling myself:  "Oh, go ahead.  Don't be the rude American bitch who refuses to . . . WAIT!  This is straight out of that book!"  To this day, my friend says everything would have been fine and I tell her, no, we would not have been fine.

Sorry, Snowden snarkers, I wandered too far off topic.  (But find that book and pass it around.)

Sometimes being that bitch is what saves a woman's life:)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Just a weird observation, but did anyone else think that the 'bindi' in the latest episode looked like one of those page reinforcers for a 3-ring binder?  

Yes I did 😄

• Love 4

I believed every word that Ariadne said.  I think we're going to find out whether the accusations she made are valid when some lawyer gets in touch with her to sue TLC.  If what she says about warning TLC about the Snowdens is true, there are many millions to be made there.  It seems to me that requiring an nda after the fact (that is, after the Snowdens apparently were warned by TLC that this behavior might get them into trouble, not after the behavior occurred, because I would think you can't require someone *not* to report criminal activity, which it seems to at least some of this is) is not going to convince anyone of anything.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2021 at 3:05 PM, xwordfanatik said:

So Dimitri may have a legal marriage with Christeline?  Hmm.  And now he's filed for divorce?  Hopefully she's not pregnant, since they made sure to mention that all of the 'wives' had had intimacy with Stud Muffin.  

Yes indeed.  

I know there's a great snarky comment tying the "hole reinforcers" to her vaginal steaming.  It's just too early and I've not had enough caffeine to ferret it out of my brain.

Happy Sunday, fellow posters  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yes indeed.  

I know there's a great snarky comment tying the "hole reinforcers" to her vaginal steaming.  It's just too early and I've not had enough caffeine to ferret it out of my brain.

Happy Sunday, fellow posters  

She's committed to keeping everyone's holes pristine, so she has to keep the hole protector in her third eye.....?

In my defense, I'm only half a cup in, but I'll show myself out anyway...

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, winsomeone said:

If Christine was the legal wife, and Ashley only a girl friend, why in the world did she let her ever tell her what to do?

Well, Ashley has seniority in years.  What I don't understand is why Ashley was okay with bringing in someone from another country who would need to marry Dmitri to stay here when she herself had not married Dmitri?  I wouldn't think she would want another woman who is essentially a late comer to the family to have a legal marriage.  I just do not understand this. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, Ashley has seniority in years.  What I don't understand is why Ashley was okay with bringing in someone from another country who would need to marry Dmitri to stay here when she herself had not married Dmitri?  I wouldn't think she would want another woman who is essentially a late comer to the family to have a legal marriage.  I just do not understand this. 

I bet the abuse from Ashley really ramped up after that happened.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I bet the abuse from Ashley really ramped up after that happened.

I don't recall seeing them last night, but I was half asleep,.  I know all the "couples' aren't in every episode, but I wonder if the stuff about the domestic violence has TLC re-editing the rest of the episodes to leave them out.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I don't recall seeing them last night, but I was half asleep,.  I know all the "couples' aren't in every episode, but I wonder if the stuff about the domestic violence has TLC re-editing the rest of the episodes to leave them out.

They weren’t on last night’s ep but the previews showed Dmitri talking to Ashley about making Cristaline his legal wife so we will be subjected to their awfulness again.

• Love 1

It is fairly typical for them to skip a couple in an episode, so I don't read much into it.  We got to see the non-dramatic breakup with Tayler.  Next week we get the proposal to Christaline (with a seething Ashley pretending she is okay with it).  It is tougher to watch when you know where this is headed. 

• Love 7
On 2/11/2018 at 5:50 AM, grammaester said:

You are so right, both Dmitri and Ashley believe they are being progressive while espousing a cultural tribal way of life. The problem is that Ashley is jealous, big time. She wasn't born into an African polygamous society where the woman having no say or control in the marriage is the norm. So her reality with polygamy will be colored by the cultural norms she was raised with. "Compersion" in this setting is all one sided. She may be able to delude herself Dmitri's horndog behavior is wonderful  for a litle while, but as time goes on bitterness and resentment will build up, just like we've seen in every other plg relationship. 

Polygamy came from women being treated as property, plain and simple. Trying to ACT happy about it is called compersion. The only women happy about this type of arrangement are the ones that WANT some other woman to bone her man so she doesn't have to, but she still wants his money and to be taken care of.

All of this justification Dimitri attempts is to massage his own massive ego and nothing more. 

• Love 12

I don't have a problem with polygamy in theory. You do you and I'll do me. However, I feel the same way about Dimitri as I do Sidian-if they were really that evolved and "woke" then they'd allow brother husbands. They can call themselves free spirits or wrap it in whatever gift paper they like, but it's still sexist. I have more respect for people like the Winders and the Allredges; they don't allow polyandry either, but at least they have religious reasons for their beliefs. The others are just making shit up as they go and pretending it's all for the women's benefit. Newsflash, Dimitri and Ashley: goddesses were polyamorous. 

• Love 16
On 6/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't have a problem with polygamy in theory. You do you and I'll do me. However, I feel the same way about Dimitri as I do Sidian-if they were really that evolved and "woke" then they'd allow brother husbands. They can call themselves free spirits or wrap it in whatever gift paper they like, but it's still sexist. I have more respect for people like the Winders and the Allredges; they don't allow polyandry either, but at least they have religious reasons for their beliefs. The others are just making shit up as they go and pretending it's all for the women's benefit. Newsflash, Dimitri and Ashley: goddesses were polyamorous. 

A lot of the language that Sidian uses is much more from the polyamourous community and they talk a lot about compersion aka being happy in someone else's happiness. I would not be surprised if they are polyamourous off camera. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

A lot of the language that Sidian uses is much more from the polyamourous community and they talk a lot about compersion aka being happy in someone else's happiness. I would not be surprised if they are polyamourous off camera. 

I haven't heard Sidian use that word, only Dimitri, but it doesn't surprise me. I'd respect Tosha's excitement more if she were getting action from another wife. Because her excitement over Sidian is a head scratcher. 

• Love 2

According to a long Reddit thread, Dimitri is homeless, and Ashley has left him.  One Redditor states that the message below is to Jennifer, who loaned him $5000 for a business investment.  Also, there was a rental listing for their home until a few weeks ago.

image.png.e2dc4b76fb6caca1ff9c14be3fa7122c.png

• Useful 5
47 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

According to a long Reddit thread, Dimitri is homeless, and Ashley has left him.  One Redditor states that the message below is to Jennifer, who loaned him $5000 for a business investment.  Also, there was a rental listing for their home until a few weeks ago.

image.png.e2dc4b76fb6caca1ff9c14be3fa7122c.png

So they won’t be back next season, right….?

Here's an article saying dimitri seems to be homeless and Ashley and the kids are not with him.  I feel bad for the kids in this situation. They definitely fare worse here,  As for dimitri, this is what happens when scammers can't scam anymore. 

The other article linked in the first one talks about how he tried to scam someone out of $100K for a custom built truck and that he told that couple they could fake being polygamous to get on the show.   

• Useful 3
On 6/3/2021 at 2:29 PM, mamadrama said:
On 6/2/2021 at 4:00 PM, AdorkableWitch said:

I haven't heard Sidian use that word, only Dimitri, but it doesn't surprise me. I'd respect Tosha's excitement more if she were getting action from another wife. Because her excitement over Sidian is a head scratcher. 

I had to look up "compersion" which lead me to the term "metamour."    See I can still learn a few things from watching---or snarking on-- shows on TLC. 

I hope the Snowden kids are okay.   They seemed a bit starved for affection. 

• Love 5
On 6/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Here's an article saying dimitri seems to be homeless and Ashley and the kids are not with him.  I feel bad for the kids in this situation. They definitely fare worse here,  As for dimitri, this is what happens when scammers can't scam anymore. 

The other article linked in the first one talks about how he tried to scam someone out of $100K for a custom built truck and that he told that couple they could fake being polygamous to get on the show.   

John Yates interviewed that guy in a 2-hour podcast and it was really interesting. (And I can't stand Yates.) It's interview #6. 

• Useful 1

Hahaha. I love when I’m right! I called the Snowdens grifters from the jump (which, for me, was the first episode this season, my maiden voyage into this train wreck). I feel validated and more confident in my profiling skills. How the mighty (a legend in their own minds) have fallen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

What happened to this show, did the season end or have I just forgot to watch it?  I think the last episode I saw the whole family went to Cabo to meet up with the Braziian bombshell to make a baby>>>>any episodes since?

10 hours ago, endure said:

What happened to this show, did the season end or have I just forgot to watch it?  I think the last episode I saw the whole family went to Cabo to meet up with the Braziian bombshell to make a baby>>>>any episodes since?

The season ended. 

• Love 1

'Seeking Sister Wife' Star Dimitri Snowden's Wife Says She's Single https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/14/seeking-sister-wife-star-dimitri-snowden-wife-ashley-snowden-single/

'Seeking Sister Wife' Star Dimitri Snowden's Wife Says She's Single

'SEEKING SISTER WIFE' STARDimitri Snowden's OG WifeI'M SINGLE!!!

7/14/2021 2:54 PM PT

"Seeking Sister Wife" star Dimitri Snowden appears to have been abandoned yet again ... 'cause his OG wife just declared herself single.

Ashley Snowden announced her "truth" on Wednesday saying she's single. She didn't include any other deets on what her sitch is with Dimitri or what led to the split, but her Instagram post included a massive caption which included "that may make this world a kinder place for everyone, especially people who are experiencing trauma."

She kicked off the IG post saying, "My truth, because misinformation is harmful: I'm single and grateful for life." It should be noted ... Ashley and Dimitri were never legally married. Instead, they apparently opted for a spiritual union. They had called themselves husband and wife on the TLC reality show.

The former couple were recently in the limelight when Dimitri's other wife -- legally, btw -- Christeline Petersen filed for a restraining order against Dimitri and Ashley.

As we reported ... Christeline accused Dimitri of domestic abuse and also claimed Ashley shoved and threw a bottle at her while also being verbally abusive. The judge ended up dissolving the restraining order she filed against him.

The whole ordeal ultimately led Dimitri to file for divorce from Christeline back in May ... claiming she "abandoned their marriage" and "he doesn't know her whereabouts."

Dimitri and Christeline got married on July 9, 2020 and the date of separation was listed as January 21, 2021.

• Useful 2

Anyone want to help me understand how her status has changed, since she has always been single by not being in a legally binding relationship?

• Love 2

I am assuming she is now "consciously uncoupled" from Dmitri.  Somewhere Dmitri is sitting alone, considering his decision to join a reality show, which then meant people started looking at him more closely.  That is, the same thing that has happened to many folks before him.   When you're living in a house of cards, it might not be the best choice to expose that to the viewing public.  Someone is going to knock it down. 

• Love 9

I am side eyeing Ashley here. From what I heard she was an active participant in the abuse. I think this is a desperate bid to save her reputation. Much like those couples that get arrested on Dateline,  they always turn on each other in the end.

• Love 9
On 7/14/2021 at 10:52 PM, NowVoyager said:

Ashley Snowden announced her "truth" on Wednesday saying she's single. 

When someone refers to his or her truth, I know that a load of bullshit is attached. No thanks. I prefer to concern myself with THE truth.

• Love 4