Type keyword(s) to search

Media: All for You

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I just finished the first book, and I could count the characters who were likable on the fingers of one hand. I wonder how close they will stay to the original story. Doctor Foster and UnReal both ended up at Netflix when they went too dark.

There don't appear to be any spoilers in this show review (the media got the first 5 episodes):

You may not be great. It may at times even be bad, particularly in moments when Beck frets about being “unremarkable,” or during a scene in episode four that takes place, for no discernible reason, at a Dickens Fest. But it is undeniably magnetic. It’s fast and fearless, and its plot dodges and weaves in a way that suggests the death knell of an exhausted premise looms large on the horizon.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/you-lifetime-penn-badgley-review.html

With 11 reviews in, YOU has a 91% Fresh rating! https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/you/s01

• Love 1

Premiered strong

You opened to 824,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating among adults 18-49 on Lifetime, considerably better than the most recent premieres for Mary Kills People (311,000, 0.1) and UnReal (252,000, 0.1). Adding streaming and showings on sister network LMN raises to the total to 1.35 million.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/kidding-you-put-up-solid-premiere-ratings-1142248

• Love 1

John Stamos was on GMA this morning discussing his upcoming arc as Joe's therapist. He asked the audience who had seen the show. Not a single hand went up.

Well, I convinced a friend to watch it and now she's as hooked as I am.  I told her it was Dexter Meets Sex and the City.  We both agreed that the production values seem to be too high for a Lifetime show ... Thrilled that it's been renewed!

Same here, on all counts. I don't think the setup of the show can sustain more than one more season, TBH. As much as I enjoy the show, I want it to go out on top, not limp to the end like, say, House of Cards. The only consistent excellence on that show was Robin Wright's amazing wardrobe. 

• Love 3

Here's hoping Netflix still has its month long free trial deal once Season 2 comes out, because that's the only way I'll be seeing it.

Gee, nobody you know will give you their login and password?  I'm up to 3 Netflix accounts in my streamer trading group!  Each one of us gets a service and trades with the rest.... 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2018 at 10:05 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I just saw this and I love Netflix.  It has some of the best originals and that’s not even counting the Narvel crap they got rid of.  Plus it’s nkt teally all that expensive.  Either way better moving to Netflix then cancelled.

It seems like it's going to be a much better fit for Netflix than it was for Lifetime.

Anyway, it's kind of fun to compare the Lifetime trailer for the show:

And the Netflix trailer:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

The difference between #YouonLifetime and #YouonNetflix is that even though it’s the same exact show on Lifetime it got no love but it’s been on Netflix a few days and  it is already trending on twitter.   

Gotta love Netflix.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
On 1/10/2019 at 10:57 AM, Chaos Theory said:

The difference between #YouonLifetime and #YouonNetflix is that even though it’s the same exact show on Lifetime it got no love but it’s been on Netflix a few days and  it is already trending on twitter.   

Gotta love Netflix.  

I cannot even begin to count the amount of my friends who have asked me if I heard about this new show called "You".  They are all shocked when I tell them I watched it back in the fall on Lifetime...lol

• Love 4

Just started watching this on Netflix, had no idea it was originally a Lifetime series.  I don't have cable.  But this show has some F bombs and other content which would seem out of Lifetime's normal content unless they are way more graphic than I thought.  Did the swears air as is on Lifetime or were they edited?

I love how all of my friends are jumping on the You bandwagon, and are like "did you see that awesome new Netflix show?!" while I get to give the ultimate hipster response of "Yeah, I watched it BEFORE it was on Netflix" ;) 

But for real, I love that this show is getting tons of attention now trending on Twitter, and is getting tons of buzzy articles written about it, it deserves it!

• Love 2

Poor Lifetime

The past two weeks have been strangely vindicating for everyone who has been obsessed with YOU since it premiered on Lifetime to disappointingly low ratings last fall; once the series debuted on Netflix in December, viewers flocked to the creepy stalker drama in droves. We just didn't realize how large those droves actually were until now.

On Thursday, Netflix did something nearly unheard of, sharing viewership numbers for a few of its newest series. According to the See What's Next Twitter account, which is run by Netflix, the streaming site expects YOU to be viewed by over 40 million members in its first four weeks.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/netflix-you-40-million-viewers-ratings/

• Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Door County Cherry said:

You Season 2 is being released on 12/26.  

I love that it'll be the perfect palette cleanser after all the goodwill and cheer.

This is also based on book, correct? I want to read the book before watching the second season. 

Vulture is publishing some old school snarky recaps that are pretty fun.

It's amusing me that this show was languishing in the pop culture doldrums on Lifetime but now has taken on a new zeitgeisty life simply because of more eyeballs with Netflix. And many of those belong to people who disdain cable shows.  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, 2727 said:

It's amusing me that this show was languishing in the pop culture doldrums on Lifetime but now has taken on a new zeitgeisty life simply because of more eyeballs with Netflix. And many of those belong to people who disdain cable shows.  😉

Not to mention Lifetime specifically. It earned its women-in-peril-movies rep honestly, but in the past few years it's broadened its scope. I hate how it gets automatically trashed just because it's aimed at women. 

• Love 3

Scott Michael Foster Joins Season 3 Of Netflix’s ‘You’

Foster, who has also featured in ABC’s Blood and Oil, AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire and Showtime’s Californication, will play Ryan, a local television reporter. A well-liked single dad who has overcome a history of addiction, Ryan has secrets, including a controlling, calculating demeanor that he reserves for those closest to him and anyone who gets in his way.