Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Forgive and Forget

• Start Topic

I remember watching this episode when it first aired when I was in high school and screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!" when Kelly's like "who are you?" Because amnesia is the soapiest of soap tropes and they just had to go there. Is this season also going to be all a dream, too? Why didn't I go into TV writing? I can easily write shit this bad!

Thank you for making us all laugh at the first day of the year! I feel like saying "I'll kill him" in front of a police officer is a very bad idea - and when you have such an accurate description of the shooter from a dark parking lot, frankly it makes you sound as if you were the shooter and are just making up shit.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Nanna said:

Thank you for making us all laugh at the first day of the year! I feel like saying "I'll kill him" in front of a police officer is a very bad idea - and when you have such an accurate description of the shooter from a dark parking lot, frankly it makes you sound as if you were the shooter and are just making up shit.

Right? The whole thing was so odd. Like so detailed. Did Brandon really get that good of a look at the shooter to be so detailed? 

Also this episode is so oddly juxtaposition with dramatic things and then like.. random “stuff” with Steve and Hilary Swanks romantic comedy bits and Donna and David and Val and whatever the hell is going on there. 

I like to imagine that Kelly realized that moving in with Brandon was a mistake and he is awful.  She then decided the best way to end the relationship was to fake amnesia, and just bs her way to a break up.  After all, she doesn't even have to break up with someone if she doesn't remember dating them. 

• Love 6

i love you for including that screenshot of Daniel Dae Kim. I'm still annoyed they tossed him (didn't get equal pay, etc.) from Hawaii Five 0. 

Edited by ivygirl

Seriously. Hours later and the opening scene is still staying with me, not only the abrupt cut to the theme song after the dramatic “if you put him in front of me I’ll kill him!” Line but just the tone of voice Brandon/JP was using.. what was up with that? It still was strange to me hours later.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Right? The whole thing was so odd. Like so detailed. Did Brandon really get that good of a look at the shooter to be so detailed?  

It's that same keen observational eye that makes him such a great (unemployed) journalist.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, helent said:

Priestley is still doing his hair like that, and it is really not cute now:

2f3169dfeb.jpeg

Seeing that picture makes me want to scream like when John Belushi sees the picture of Flounder in Animal House.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, benteen said:

Seeing that picture makes me want to scream like when John Belushi sees the picture of Flounder in Animal House.

But you guys, Jason Priestly furrealz punched Harvey Weinstein in the face! With his right hand! Doesn't that mean we love him now?

Also, Daniel Dae Kim was the hot one on "Lost." You can keep Josh Holloway with his stringy hair and weird, slopey shoulders.

10 hours ago, helent said:

Priestley is still doing his hair like that, and it is really not cute now:

2f3169dfeb.jpeg

I know I'm older now too but this looks like one of those make my face old app pictures. Good Lord. Also, it was hard to let go of the big 80's hair but I eventually did it. Can't believe he's still wearing it the same way.

56 minutes ago, Stowaway said:

Also, Daniel Dae Kim was the hot one on "Lost." You can keep Josh Holloway with his stringy hair and weird, slopey shoulders.

I loved Sawyer but you're right. He did have slopey shoulders. God I miss that show.

These 90120 podcasts are amazing though. Thank you!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, benteen said:

And there were actually worse pictures of him that I magnanimously decided not to use...

Wow, yeah, I listen to enough MFM to know that Brandon's intricate description and cold demeanor is a sure sign that he's behind the shooting and probably is a psychopath.

The whole thing getting pinned on Brandon and him trying to bray his way out of it and Kelly not being able to help cuz of her amnesia would have made for a MUCH better season 8.

• Love 7

There is this part in Danny Drennan's wrap up that talks about how appropriate it is that Kelly's blood type is the universal recipient.   So true!

Now I am a bit of a nut job, but I really feel that hospital things should only be attended by folks who are really connected to the patient.  A few years ago, my husband was in an accident in our home and our neighbor basically followed the ambulance (without being asked) while I made calls and made sure that the kids were taken care of.  Somehow, he'd weasled his way into things so the nurse on call kept telling HIM all of the vital information about my husband even though I was saying "Hey, hello! I'm his wife and the only other person LEGALLY allowed to make decisions."  

I think this episode is way before HIPPA but something about having Noah just hanging around (even if he donated blood) makes me really mad.  If you want to be supportive, you can wait in the waiting room or better yet, run errands for all these jerks.

• Love 2

I work in transfusion medicine and I can't stand it when shows use the whole "they have a rare type!" Sarah correctly pointed out that the rare type (AB) can receive any type of blood. Also, the whole "I'm a match, I'll donate" is complete BS because the blood has to be processed and tested which takes about 24 hours. The blood bank in the hospital is going to use the blood on their shelf that was donated weeks earlier.*

*sidenote: this is why I get bothered with people rushing to donate after things like mass shootings or bombings. Blood is good for 42 days so the victims are getting blood from the hospital blood bank that was donated 4-6 weeks earlier. The blood center then replenishes the hospital with blood drawn in the last few weeks. It's important to donate afterwards, but it's more helpful a few days to a week after. The most helpful is to donate regularly. [stepping off soapbox]

• Love 4

I don't remember much from Season 8, but Brandon's Rain Man-like description of the shooter is so WTF that it's seared in my brain. "Thin lips, small teeth." SMALL TEETH?? What the fuck does "small teeth" even mean?

I think this episode is way before HIPPA but something about having Noah just hanging around (even if he donated blood) makes me really mad.  If you want to be supportive, you can wait in the waiting room or better yet, run errands for all these jerks.

Word. Noah, why are you here?

Edited by atlanticslide
  • Love 4

HIPAA was passed in 1996!

On 1/3/2018 at 10:14 AM, CurlyATX said:

• Love 1
On 1/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

The way Brandon was talking in the first scene was quite odd. Just the way he was describing the shooter.. was strange and odd.

I couldn't stop laughing when Brandon was being interviewed by the detective. His description of the gunmen was so elaborate compared to his friends. Did Priestly realize how silly he looked whenever he was trying to be serious? Were the other directors afraid to tell him how bad he looked. ?