Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Hot Burning Flames

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Alright, Weller jumping out of a plane and disarming a nuke while free-falling was pretty baller.

So Roman wasn't playing with Weller's emotions; he really did "kill" Jane's daughter (who stupidly disobeyed him by running into a firefight to do... what, exactly?). But she is still alive, I guess the bad guys patched her up. I wasn't expecting a Weller/Jane breakup... they'll be back together once Avery pops up, I'm sure.

I'm not sure what that Bad Guy's (forgot his name) assistant was trying to do; set up Roman so he got fired, or destroy a big deal (to screw his boss over or to protect the world from whatever bad news would come of it). Wouldn't the assistant have gotten in trouble as well for entrusting Roman with the package instead of holding onto it?

I don't know what Zapata is up to but I don't believe she's Team CIA.

• Love 5

Sorry to anyone wanting a serious drama on a Friday night, but I thought this episode was just plain, ridiculous fun ! The team learned about some stolen nukes, tracked said nukes, then Weller neutralized the active one, all in 42 minutes ( give or take ) in tv time. Yes, it was dumb, but enjoyable fun. It was great how Weller, falling thru the air at free fall speed, caught up to the ( dead ?) woman terrorist  and, with little wind resistance, managed to punch in the code on her fancy wristwatch. And just it time to stop the nuke from blowing up and,as a bonus, the missile landed in the Hudson instead of on some poor schmuck's apartment building ! Another "Miracle on the Hudson".

The wise cracker from the NSA was entertaining also-- no fear of dying from him !

As for the serious part of the show, Jane's anger, I guess I can see it, but we all know she will be over it before too long. She & Weller as a couple are the real end-game of the show, I think.

• Love 7

Seeing Anthony Lemke (as Victor) just made me sad again over Dark Matter's cancelation.

So, Weller "killed" Jane's daughter by getting into a shootout with a bunch of baddies in Berlin and then accidentally shot her since she was suppose to stay behind but, of course, she snuck in anyway.  Like daughter, like mother, I see.  Of course, she actually isn't dead and is a prisoner of these bad guys this entire time.  Either way, Jane is clearly pissed now and has left him, complete with taking off the wedding ring and everything!  Yawn.

Weller literally jumping out of a plane and defusing a bomb through a watch on a falling corpse was admittedly one of the best moments on this show in quite some time.  This show is way better when it's just being goofy.

Another scene with Zapata and CIA guy being shifty.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Jane is clearly pissed now and has left him, complete with taking off the wedding ring and everything!  Yawn.

Weller literally jumping out of a plane and defusing a bomb through a watch on a falling corpse was admittedly one of the best moments on this show in quite some time. 

I was hoping that Jane would run off and realize that she is pretty much useless without the help of her friends in the FBI.

I was hoping that Weller would have pulled the parachute of the dead lady so that she didn't go hurtling hundreds of feet into something destroying property, killing somebody or making a huge mess.

I am sure nobody noticed that a nuclear bomb exploded. The tiny FBI office that knew about rogue nuclear weapons didn't loop in the rest of the government agencies so that they could also try to help prevent what just happened.

• Love 1

Weller jumping out of the plane and dearming the nuke was pretty badass. 

I'm wondering how Jane's daughter survived  a gunshot wound, and if Roman knows that she is alive. Speaking of Roman, it's as if we are watching two different shows. I can't wait until both storylines merge. 

The DOE guy was hilarious. It's as if he's used to missing warheads on a weekly basis. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Weller "killed" Jane's daughter by getting into a shootout with a bunch of baddies in Berlin and then accidentally shot her since she was suppose to stay behind but, of course, she snuck in anyway.  Like daughter, like mother, I see.  Of course, she actually isn't dead and is a prisoner of these bad guys this entire time.

But of course she's still alive. Just as Weller decides to tell the truth, he forgets truth number one which is that he's a shitty shot and there's no way he killed someone he could barely see!

Homeland did this earlier and better. A character was doing a creeping and crawling mission in a bad guy's house. As he's finding some crucial intel he hears a noise, raises his silenced pistol and fires... killing a ten year old boy who made the mistake of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And you know what? That kid did not show up in the season finale looking for revenge!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Weller "killed" Jane's daughter by getting into a shootout with a bunch of baddies in Berlin and then accidentally shot her since she was suppose to stay behind but, of course, she snuck in anyway.  Like daughter, like mother, I see.  Of course, she actually isn't dead and is a prisoner of these bad guys this entire time.  Either way, Jane is clearly pissed now and has left him, complete with taking off the wedding ring and everything!  Yawn.

I guess the problem isn't in the crime; it's in the cover up. However, Jane needed to make this more clear because her incredibly dumb daughter got herself almost killed like her incredibly dumb mother. It must be genetic.

I'm weirdly waaaaaay more interested in Roman's story than the main storyline, which is ironic because Shepherd's anti-establishment nonsense bored me to tears.

• Love 7

Three!!!!!!!! Oh, show how I love you for casting Dark Matter folks - it still hurts.

I hope we get to see the DOE guy again - his doomsday humor really made the episode.

I'm with those who thought Roman's plot more interesting. My take was that it was test either odered by the big bad wolf or his henchman to check how good (and loyal) Roman really is. But I could be wrong - Lemke is good at playing shifty characters. I'm actually surprised he survived the episode.

• Love 5

So the DoE stores its nuclear warheads in a warehouse in NY.  Would someone explain why the DoE even has nuclear warheads?  And why they have codes to arm them? Between that and the fight scene on the aircraft and the skydive (1000', Johnny.  Pull the ripcord!), I may have to take some Advil to relieve the pain of handwaving so furiously.  But, it was all good fun.

I would have preferred the warhead cases all had the password 1-2-3-4-5 to open them up. 

I'm betting that the end game, or at least the mid game, for Zapata and the CIA guy is to make Crawford their own asset.  Somebody's cover will be blown.

I got a cackle out of Reade noticing the puzzle part of the tattoo before Patterson.

• Love 4

Super Weller saving the day by jumping out of the airplane and disarming the bomb was a bit over the top. 

What a shock that Jane's possible daughter is actually alive! 

It feels as if Roman is off on his own tv show. They need to connect the two stories quickly. 

• Love 1

I don't want Roman's story to connect with Jane/Weller. I want Roman's story to be this entire show. And a big HECK YEAH to Avery really/not really being Jane's daughter. Who knows who the heck she is. Maybe she's some terrorist hired to infiltrate the FBI through Jane. Maybe she's some chick brainwashed by Roman. Then Jane breaking off her marriage over Weller's accidentally shooting dumbass Avery, who walks into a gun battle because ... well, there's no because. Wow, Jane. That makes you a dumbass like Avery, one who decides to run into the bad guy's "nest" before the team is ready, thereby putting everyone at risk. If only she hadn't been wearing a vest, or if only some bullet went higher than that vest. Then we could have Roman full time, all the time. That's a win for me! And who names a kid after a label company?

• Love 2

Aww, all this talk about getting Roman his own show makes me wish the showrunners would follow the example of the folks over at 'Chicago Whatever'. They took a villainous character from one show (Fire) and made him lead on the first spin-off (PD). Some mild handwaving/retconning was required but it worked out pretty well in the end I think.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Aww, all this talk about getting Roman his own show 

It would be like Dexter 2.0 >>> Sociopath utilizes superhuman intellect and "particular set of skills" to eliminate an assortment of despots, nutjobs and other people that offend his sensibilities...

I get why Jane's mad, but her reaction is precisely why Kurt was afraid to tell her. If she wants him to be honest with her, then she has to be able to handle the truth a little better.

And at least he finally did tell her about Avery on his own accord; Jane didn't have to learn about her some other way or from someone else. Would she really have felt differently if Kurt told her right off the bat?

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2

I'm sure it's temporary but 42 minutes isn't long enough to justify a load of convoluted Jane/Weller drama about Jane's appeared from nowhere dead daughter who isn't even dead. Also I'm curious if Avery's imprisonment is part of Roman's ridiculously detailed plan.

Edited by Beatriceblake
21 hours ago, Beatriceblake said:

I'm sure it's temporary but 42 minutes isn't long enough to justify a load of convoluted Jane/Weller drama about Jane's appeared from nowhere dead daughter who isn't even dead. Also I'm curious if Avery's imprisonment is part of Roman's ridiculously detailed plan.

Roman knows what happened in Berlin and was holding it over Weller. I wouldn’t be surprised if he deliberately faked Avery’s death for just that reason. And he’s only keeping her alive because she’s Jane’s daughter. 

• Love 1

I have a bunch of these episodes on my Tivo, so I binge watched some today. This episode, ugh. Jane goes crazy over her maybe daughter, almost blows an operation, yells at Weller in a briefing: just once I'd like to see a male character go all emotional and crazy instead of it always being histrionic women and men with cool heads. 

Of course Avery looks nothing like Jane, despite Weller trying to make us believe that she does. 

I'm down to watch NSA guy and Roman and no one else. 

• Love 1

I figured out seconds after Weller said that the daughter, if she even is Jane's daughter, was dead, that she in fact was not dead. Weller is a dumbass. He should know by now that he is living in a soap opera.

They couldn't even just play a real german football game in the background, but had an american make fake announcements in german with his horrible accent? Seriously? I'm not even complaining about the "german guard" here...