Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Let Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

A night at an amusement park takes a deadly turn when a rollercoaster malfunction leaves lives hanging in the balance. Abby is relieved after getting some help taking care of her mother and tentatively reaches out to Buck, who is struggling with the "life or death" nature of the being a firefighter. Meanwhile, Athena and Hen respond to an unusual home invasion and a couple's dispute leads to a dramatic rescue for Bobby.

Well of course the guy broke into the house with the dogs; i knew that from the jump. Why didn't they...? And of course, testing a dog for rabies means killing it; what do these show runners have against animals?

I would have liked to see the window washer rescue; if we have to sit thru all this angst we should at least get to see the save.

Liked how Athena went after the burglar, though.

• Love 4

This show is very lucky that my Wednesday nights are empty. Everything is just so mind numbingly stupid. I really, really want to like it, but the only aspect I like is Abby/Connie Britton. 

Hi Rookie Punk. Yeah, it's episode two and you're already whining about having never lost someone? Rookie Punk is complaining about losing someone really, really quickly. They say it's been six months (working for this fire station? Working as a firefighter in general?), but it's episode two for us. It doesn't feel like six months. Seriously, show. Also, how was Alcoholic Vet Firefighter not keeping an eye on the Rookie Punk after he lost the rollercoaster dude? Geez, way to be a leader there, buddy. 

Kenneth Choi whining about being scared of something on one of the many cases for a second episode is annoying. Are we going to continue to get him being scared of something every episode? 

As much as I enjoyed the Abby/Buck phone call scene....girl, that's really unprofessional to use your job to get the kid's number to call him while he's working. I just was distracted by how, as well meaning as Abby was, she could get in a lot of trouble if her boss caught her doing that. And then their second phone call was...weird. They went to barely knowing each other to Buck not wanting to ruin what they have by just sticking to phone calls, and Abby acting like a teenage girl.

Also, ARE they setting up Abby and Buck to be a legit couple? Even though Abby's likely in her late 40s/early 50s and Buck seems to be mid 20s? Not that it would be an issue, but TV shows don't tend to explore a relationship with such an age gap unless it's for negative, life lesson reasons. Also, with Buck asking her age and Abby not telling him, I hope this doesn't end really badly for Abby. Then again, she should have just been honest with her age because I assume he'll flip out when he finds out her age. 

Some pretty bad editing this episode. Particular, the part with the window cleaner, Rookie Punk going up to the roof....and then we cut back to the fire station? Why? 

Autumn Reeser, what are you doing on this show? Go be on a better one! Seriously, why did they have her randomly be Rookie Punk's new love interest?

Man, I want to care about Athena and her gay husband and messed up kids, but I'm not so sure I do. Also, I guess we were supposed to find it amusing that she used her power as a cop to get through the drive thru and get the food to stop the dogs, but I was more annoyed at her abusing her power. Also, I still don't understand why she doesn't have a partner. I don't care of she's a superior of some sort. She's going to get hurt by going out on her own calls without a partner. She also just did some shady shit before backup got there. I don't understand her job. She's also a crap cop if she lets her personal life affect her job. Plus, Athena's daughter has ALREADY tried to kill herself? Geez show, maybe tone it down about a bazillion notches.

What is this show? Seriously, I'm not really sure if I am supposed to find it funny and smart, or if it's some sort of bizarre parody experiment that Ryan Murphy is trying. Nobody seems to give a shit about professionalism. I know this is a Ryan Murphy show, but even he hasn't spiraled all the characters in his other shows this far in such a short amount of time. This doesn't even feel like a Ryan Murphy show. It feels like a copycat showrunner trying to make a law enforcement non-musical version of Glee.

I think, at this point, I'm hate watching but also partially curious to see where this show is spiraling to. Plus, I'm pretty sure it'll get renewed because most shows I find utterly stupid get renewed. I applaud those who actually do like the show, because I wish I understood. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, janeta said:

Abby is supposed to be 42. 

It keeps a pregnancy scare story in play? Besides that it feels like the recent Tom Cruise offerings where he refuses to accept his age in the characters he plays.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, janeta said:

Abby is supposed to be 42. 

Oh right. I think that was mentioned in the pilot episode thread. That's something I'm going to have to continue to say in my head as I watch. I just got Connie's age stuck in my head. 

• Love 1

I am really enjoying this.  I thought the story with the rookie was really well done.   I was actually shipping him and Abby there for a second then the episode had to dash my poor little heart.

I also liked the side story with Athena.  I didn’t guess the robber thing so that was a good one.

Honestly this show is a big hit for me.  It’s fun and entertaining with the right mix of drama. 

• Love 5

I don't like heights, but generally don't mind seeing people in high places on TV or in movies.  The exceptions are people on really exposed places such as bridge girders (as fakey fake as the Golden Gate Bridge/blimp scenes in  'A View To a  Kill' were, watching them still make my hands sweat) and anyone who is hanging by their hands over a drop gives me the chills.  I had trouble watching the roller coaster scene, but couldn't look away.  However, I think that plot would have been better if the guy had fallen because he simply couldn't hold on anymore or just because he froze and then slipped.  Having the guy end up dying because he 'gave up' and 'didn't want to be saved' seemed to be a cop out to me.  Either way, it wasn't the firefighter's fault, but this doesn't really help him cope with the fact that he won't be able to save everyone, even those who want to be saved.

I loved Athena's burglar chase.  I also really like the new home healthcare nurse.  I hope she stays around a while.  

Finally, if the preview from next week is meant to catch my attention and make me want to watch, it served its purpose.  

• Love 5

I'm already tired of Buck. We have a much more interesting, seasoned cast besides him. Please focus on them.

I do want some pro insight, fellow commenters, on the roller coaster scene. In real life, would there be only one responder working to secure the guy hanging from the coaster? What about the other people? I can handwave a lot of this, but I would assume they'd be working to secure the guy to the stationary parts of the ride while also trying to get him to reach out for the first responder's hand.

• Love 2

Buck is a walking STD and I don't think he is attractive at all...physically or personality.  His character can leave any time. I think the guy portraying him is not a very good actor. I'm not sure if it's because he's trying so hard speaking with an American accent or if he is just bad in general.

I liked Athena calling the burglar and I like the new home health nurse. The rest of the episode was crap.

Next week looks all kinds of crazy. Between Athena's daughter ODing and the Asian firefighter with rebar through his forehead, I think this show is moving way too fast when it comes to the actual characters. 

• Love 7

Lol the State Fair is not anywhere near Los Angeles. 

The dogs are not safe if they are about to be tested for rabies.  That one doesn't really bug me because Athena calling animal control to stop the test real quick off screen is a perfectly logical assumption to make.

I'm digging the cast but damn the writing on this show is duuuuuumb.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I do want some pro insight, fellow commenters, on the roller coaster scene. In real life, would there be only one responder working to secure the guy hanging from the coaster? What about the other people? I can handwave a lot of this, but I would assume they'd be working to secure the guy to the stationary parts of the ride while also trying to get him to reach out for the first responder's hand.

I think they should have put out that air bag thing like they did for the jumper they kicked in the chest. He really wasn't that high up and would have been fine. Nobody could have held on as long as he did and he wasn't in that great of shape.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, millahnna said:

The dogs are not safe if they are about to be tested for rabies.  That one doesn't really bug me because Athena calling animal control to stop the test real quick off screen is a perfectly logical assumption to make.

That was so annoying to me. I am an Animal Control Officer, and aggressive dogs are not always killed  to be tested for rabies. The dogs have to be showing symptoms and/or die within a quarantine period for it to be tested, in my state at least. Sending specimens to the Dept of Health lab to be tested is not cheap.

Also, aggressive dogs won't be distracted by cheeseburgers if a human is looking like a whole meal to them.

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kenneth Choi whining about being scared of something on one of the many cases for a second episode is annoying. Are we going to continue to get him being scared of something every episode? 

Um, I'm guessing not, based on the previews.

This is show is completely outlandish, so I am going to just bask in the gorgeousness that is Angela Bassett until it gets cancelled. It's not like anything else is on anyway.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I think they should have put out that air bag thing like they did for the jumper they kicked in the chest. He really wasn't that high up and would have been fine. Nobody could have held on as long as he did and he wasn't in that great of shape.

I don't think they could though since they were on the top of a loop; the rest of the track would be right below and the framework surrounding it.

I had to mute the tv during the Abby calling Buck scenes.  It was so ridiculously unprofessional and I had no interest in listening to her make a fool out of herself.  The idea of an actual relationship between them is laughable.  It isn't only about the age difference, though that strains believability (to me), but he is having sex with 3-4 random women in a week, and it seems that what Abby is looking for is a relationship.

An older than normal, experienced cast was the reason I started watching this show and now they focus on the youngest, and least likable character on the first two episodes.  I'm not sure they are playing to their audience. 

When the new home health worker came in and was so supportive of Abby, I thought for sure she was too good to be true and that Abby was going to come home to a burgled house or something.

Unless Buck has figured out how to aerosolize a date-rape drug, I call bullshit on every woman who sees (or hears) him just having to have sex with him, right that minute!.  Blech!

Though over the top, I enjoyed the pilot episode better than this one and I'm not too hopeful about episode three after seeing the previews.  I have liked Peter Krause since "Sports Night" and had high expectations for the show.  I'll keep watching for a while but I hope it evens out a little.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, millahnna said:

I don't think they could though since they were on the top of a loop; the rest of the track would be right below and the framework surrounding it.

Although I don't think they showed his entire fall, I believe he didn't hit anything on his descent, landing in a fairly large open area, on his back. This would be the perfect conditions to use the air bag. I wouldn't even complain if I hadn't seen them use it in the other scene and in this situation the person was more likely to fall to the ground.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

I didn't think the dogs actually bit the burglar.  Why would they test for rabies if no bite happened? 

I think they were trying to imply a bite mark on his arm.  When he was flirting with Athena in the aftermath I noticed the cuff of one sleeve was torn and bloody.  I couldn't see any makeup for an actual bite but I wasn't looking that hard.  I don't remember if he had a bandage when she finally tracked him down. 

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

It would have been funny if the window washer fell because the women in the office flashed their breasts at him and he lost his concentration.

It says a lot about this show that this would actually be one of the less stupid things they committed to screen if they had.  But I'm glad they didn't.

I think I'll give this one more week because the cast really is outstanding.  But I don't think I'll be able to stick with it.  I can work with a lot of dumb, unrealistic stuff on TV but this might be too much for me. It's funny how stuck I am on them claiming that roller coaster was at the State Fair when everyone clearly has Los Angeles on their uniforms.  It's bugging the ever loving crap out of me.  I mean the show is shot in California ffs; they should know better.

Edited by millahnna
  • Love 2

Please no Abby and Buck; he is horrible.  Why must they always show a woman pursuing the man...especially a loose-morals one?  Why can't the younger guy be pursuing  her?  I cannot stand Buck; have never seen the actor in anything before; but apparently a lot of people have.  

Why would they have such pros  like Angela Bassett, Connie Britton and Peter Krause...and then concentrate on an unappealing rookie who cannot keep it in his pants.  We will get treated to something great with fhe three mentioned above, plus the Asian fire-fighter.  Sorry, don't know his name and am using a probable stereotype so people know who I am talking about.  He is funny, cute and steals what few scenes he appears in.  And I am guessing by the previews that he won't be around all that long.

If they must pursue love interests, why not Peter Krause with either Connie Britton or Angela Bassett?  All three of these actors deserve better than what they have gotten so far.  Maybe the show will improve.  But I have a feeling they are going to push Buck and push him...I guess he has a fan base and God knows, older actors aren't in the desired demographic.  It is like they used them for their name recognition and then do a switch when they film the actual show.

This show could be smart and funny...lots of the components are there; but it is dumbed down to appeal to a broad audience, I guess.

• Love 6

It amused me how the burglar had no idea who he was talking to on the phone but was still up for a good time with whoever it was.

You would think the writers would remember the show they are writing and have at least one line where Buck asked Peter Krause “hey last week with that jumper, how did that make you feel?”

Speaking of Peter and the writers, “telling him to jump is probably not a good idea” and “I never get that far in the story” were funny.

With all the sensitivity I can muster, even if Devon reached up to Buck, at that angle I don’t see how Buck could have pulled him to safety.

And I can’t figure out how the roller coaster ended up upside down because it wasn’t when the lap belt came open and that kid flew out.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6

And I can’t figure out how the roller coaster ended up upside down because it wasn’t when the lap belt came open and that kid flew out.

I know!  They looked like they were going into the upward 'slope' when he fell out, but all of a sudden they were stuck upside down at the top.  Why did it stop? I figured that they cut a little out, but it was bad editing. 

I too don't see the appeal of Buck.  I figure they have to have a rookie or two, but why not have a newbie like John Carter was on the early episodes of 'ER'.  He needed to learn, he made mistakes but he seemed to be generally likable to the audience.  This guy is too unrealistic and over the top.   I think Abby calling Buck to offer support and to show that she understands would have been okay if they had just let it be a friendship thing.  But, no, they had to show that she thought he was attractive and call him with more in mind than just being available to talk as a friend.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

With all the sensitivity I can muster, even if Devon reached up to Buck, at that angle I don’t see how Buck could have pulled him to safety.

This is what I'm saying. There's not a whole lot of anything Buck could've lifted with one arm, laying on his stomach. Then where was he going to put the guy? I don't understand why he wasn't tying the guy and the other riders to the stationary parts of the ride. I know I shouldn't try to rationalize this show.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

Why must they always show a woman pursuing the man

That's actually one of the things I liked most -- that, and Clara, the In-Home Support Services woman -- that a woman CAN persue a man.

• Love 2

Why would they have such pros  like Angela Bassett, Connie Britton and Peter Krause...and then concentrate on an unappealing rookie who cannot keep it in his pants. 

An older than normal, experienced cast was the reason I started watching this show and now they focus on the youngest, and least likable character on the first two episodes.  I'm not sure they are playing to their audience. 

I know right? 

I simply do not understand why the show seems intent on focusing on the  young, horny stud who has sex with every woman he encounters. Why do they think that's going to be a huge draw for their audience? Especially with such a well-known, established cast? I don't know if it's because Ryan Murphy is just hot for this kid, or if it's because Fox executives stepped in and demanded the show feature a younger character for their target demo. 

In either case, why make him so unlikable? Do they really think the audience is going to get a kick out of the fact that he boned his therapist after one session? That's he's so hot not even a licensed therapist can resist jumping in the sack with him, knowing full well it could be the end of her career? This is just SO stupid. Especially after the even more absurd episode in the pilot where he took the fire truck out on a joyride to chase down some tail.

Honestly, I could overlook all the technical things they get wrong on this show if they just weren't so obviously obsessed with this dumb prick.

• Love 9

And that kids is why I don't ever go on rollercoasters!

Less outrageous compared to the pilot and even the rookie wasn't that bad this go around, but it strangely feels like they're pushing him to be the main character which is strange to me.  At least Angela Basset and Connie Britton have their own subplots (even if they are cliched), but they're kind of wasting Peter Krause here.  He can do better then the "tough, but supportive" mentor character.  And I still barely know anything about Kenneth Choi or Aisha Hinds characters except the former seems to be scared of every kind of animal and the latter is BFFs with Athena/Angela Basset.

As soon as I saw Autumn Reeser as the hot therapist, I knew she and rookie would bang.  Way to make her character an idiot, show.  At least Athena and her husband got Tim Russ, which is awesome, because Tuvok as a relationship counselor is amazing!

I want to respect the show going for an older woman/younger man couple, but since the rookie is still boring and Abby is coming off like a love stricken teen, I'm not confident it will actually be handled well if they go there.  

• Love 2

They must really have a complex about the Buck actor's birthmark. They called it out in the first episode and mentioned it at least twice in this one. It's not particularly sexy (nor is Buck) but stop making such an issue of it. It's distracting. 

This show is not very good, but I can't help but watch Angela, Connie, and Peter.

Edited by Goodnight

I don't know if I can keep watching this show. I pretty much watch anything ryan Murphy does, and this cast seemed so promising. But while horror shows and comedies don't necessarily need too many levels of subtlety, and Ryan's hallmark is over-the-top outrageousness, which I like in most cases--- it's not working here. The show does just seem like a parody of typical procedurals. And if I'd never seen Peter Krause or Angela Bassett in anything else, I wouldn't be impressed by their acting abilities either. I know both can be very fine but this program is not showcasing them in any way so far. Only Connie Britton is coming off very well in my opinion.

And I too can't stand the rookie sex addict asshole. I don't get why anyone wants to fuck him,  let alone every woman who meets him, and having Connie Britton's character act like a 14 year old about him is sickening. I'm all for younger men /older women relationships--I've been in one for the last 13 years-- but this guy is so not worthy. And the therapist screwing him during  their first session? Just gross.

I wanted to love this. Or at least have fun with it. But so far it's just kind of---stupid.

• Love 3

I missed the pilot but wanted to catch this because I am a fan of Connie Britton and Peter Krause. This was just OK. I agree that the stud, Buck doesn't seem like a great catch, and I can't believe Connie's character wouldn't feel embarrassed to be lusting after a guy so much younger, then be friend zoned by the same guy. I wondered why they had three incidents involving people being stuck in high places (I know one was a potential jumper). I also couldn't understand how the roller coaster guy could have just grabbed Buck's hand and be saved. If he let go on his left side, his whole body weight would have shifted downward and he would have fallen anyway. Buck could not possibly hold him up with one arm, even long enough to do whatever strapping he planned. Also think it would have been better if the guy had just fallen, rather than having it be a suicide. It just didn't really fit with the guys actions. And I also wondered how the car ended up upside down. One minute we see a full roller coaster and the safety bar snaps, the next it seems many hours later, dark and with an empty coaster except for the upside down one. 

I also didn't like Angela Basset working alone and chasing the intruder guy without backup. I will probably give it another try, but not a huge fan so far.

• Love 3
On 1/12/2018 at 0:56 PM, iMonrey said:

Do they really think the audience is going to get a kick out of the fact that he boned his therapist after one session?

Technically, they were still in the session. ?

I thought Abby got too friendly with the home health aide too quickly. I, too, was worried the aide was a scammer of some sort. However, I did think the scene with the mom locking herself in the bathroom was heartbreaking. Brava to Mariette Hartley.

I rather see Peter Krause shirtless than the new kid (although he's not hard on the eyes). 

• Love 5

This show is just wrong on so many levels.

No. 1 Unprofessional comes to mind

No. 2 so many wrongs, you never lie about yourself to get in touch with a patient, you don't collect phone numbers so you can call the hot guy, you don't pick up your phone when you are putting out a fire, and even if you do, you don't just put down the house and go flirt with whoever call you! You don't sleep with your patient ever! You don't friend him on Facebook, even if he isn't your patient then, and if you do and you realize he is your patient now, you get the hell out of Dodge! 

I could go on and on! I don't know if this show will get professionals to help them plan and work through the episodes with how actual situations are being run, but if they continue to go on as these two episodes did, I can't see it lasting.

Athena is the most interesting character for me, i admire the way she's trying to keep her family together, let him go Athena, and good riddance, 

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, missbonnie said:

Yeah, nope. I'm definitely done and I can't believe that Connie Britton left Nashville for this drek. 

I don't think she left Nashville for this.  This was presented to her once she left the show.  I read she was tired of living in Nashville and wanted to go back to CA where her family lives.  I am kind of surprised she took this though.  Trades said she was in demand and received multiple offers, so I'm not sure why she picked this mess unless it looked better on paper.  None of the leads are given enough to do, and the material is pretty bad.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, Kemper said:

Please no Abby and Buck; he is horrible.  Why must they always show a woman pursuing the man...especially a loose-morals one?  Why can't the younger guy be pursuing  her?  I cannot stand Buck; have never seen the actor in anything before; but apparently a lot of people have.  

Why would they have such pros  like Angela Bassett, Connie Britton and Peter Krause...and then concentrate on an unappealing rookie who cannot keep it in his pants.  We will get treated to something great with fhe three mentioned above, plus the Asian fire-fighter.  Sorry, don't know his name and am using a probable stereotype so people know who I am talking about.  He is funny, cute and steals what few scenes he appears in.  And I am guessing by the previews that he won't be around all that long.

If they must pursue love interests, why not Peter Krause with either Connie Britton or Angela Bassett?  All three of these actors deserve better than what they have gotten so far.  Maybe the show will improve.  But I have a feeling they are going to push Buck and push him...I guess he has a fan base and God knows, older actors aren't in the desired demographic.  It is like they used them for their name recognition and then do a switch when they film the actual show.

This show could be smart and funny...lots of the components are there; but it is dumbed down to appeal to a broad audience, I guess.

I can't believe any of the 3 leads signed up to watch the focus be on the rookie.  I wouldn't be surprised if rumors start coming out about cast discontent if they keep going in that direction.

Like others, I have been watching this show because of the leads, mainly Angela Bassett.  Also like others, I do not feel this show is that good right now and I do not like the focus on the rookie.  

For this episode, I was wondering how that rollercoaster rescue was really supposed to work.  The guy was dangling in the sky and only holding on by his arms.  How was he really supposed to use either of his arms to reach up/be pulled up?  I do not understand why the story was made to seem as if he gave up.  Like, all dude had to do was reach up and he would have been saved.  I get having extra strength/energy when it is your life on the line but it just seemed a bit of a leap.

Lastly, has Buck ever seen Abby?

• Love 3
On 1/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, seewillrun said:

I had to mute the tv during the Abby calling Buck scenes.  It was so ridiculously unprofessional and I had no interest in listening to her make a fool out of herself.  The idea of an actual relationship between them is laughable.  It isn't only about the age difference, though that strains believability (to me), but he is having sex with 3-4 random women in a week, and it seems that what Abby is looking for is a relationship.

When the new home health worker came in and was so supportive of Abby, I thought for sure she was too good to be true and that Abby was going to come home to a burgled house or something.

Unless Buck has figured out how to aerosolize a date-rape drug, I call bullshit on every woman who sees (or hears) him just having to have sex with him, right that minute!.  Blech!

Though over the top, I enjoyed the pilot episode better than this one and I'm not too hopeful about episode three after seeing the previews.  I have liked Peter Krause since "Sports Night" and had high expectations for the show.  I'll keep watching for a while but I hope it evens out a little.

Totally agree with the the Buck sex crap. That's just gross. I hope the new nurse is legit and not just making nice to rip the place off as well.  Athena's kid trying to kill herself? Really? Well, I guess the kids should be in therapy too. Don't quite get how everyone knows the man is gay unless he told them. 

Boy, Mariette Hartley is looking rough. I hope most of that is make up. 

• Love 1

What a piece of crap! I watched this for Angela Bassett even though the promo suggested that she was an afterthought. I can only conclude that Angela needed the paycheck so I hope the show continues to do well in the ratings so she can stay employed.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AyeshaTheGreat said:

For this episode, I was wondering how that rollercoaster rescue was really supposed to work.  The guy was dangling in the sky and only holding on by his arms.  How was he really supposed to use either of his arms to reach up/be pulled up?  I do not understand why the story was made to seem as if he gave up.  Like, all dude had to do was reach up and he would have been saved.  I get having extra strength/energy when it is your life on the line but it just seemed a bit of a leap.

Not only that, but he was extremely overweight. I was surprised he was even allowed on the ride -- in fact, it looked like the safety bar didn't close properly, which is why it popped open and the black guy fell out.

I actually thought the two guys were on a date from the way they were talking. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

Not only that, but he was extremely overweight. I was surprised he was even allowed on the ride -- in fact, it looked like the safety bar didn't close properly, which is why it popped open and the black guy fell out.

I actually thought the two guys were on a date from the way they were talking. 

I forgot all about that.  I agree with all of this because I originally thought the guys were on a date as well and yes, I noticed that he could not click his belt but the operator didn't check like they are supposed to.  But yet this went straight to "he gave up".  It's as if the writers forgot what they wrote and who they casted.

• Love 1

The dialogue is bad and so is the acting.  I was annoyed by the nurse telling Abby to call Buck.  It’s so cliche to have that matchmaker character to push some romance with very little reason.  (Assuming she is legit and not a scammer like mention above).  I don’t even think Angela Bassett is that good of an actress in this.  

• Love 1
On 1/14/2018 at 4:01 PM, BookWitch said:

Athena's kid trying to kill herself? Really? Well, I guess the kids should be in therapy too.

Heavens, no.  "Therapy" is where people go to have sex on this show, and she's too young for that!

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Lyanna19 said:

Why are we all assuming that nurse wants to stake out that house? Because the same thought went through my mind too! 

I don't regret my youth, but I am disappointed in the amount of cynicism I have let in, and can't seem to fight.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, AyeshaTheGreat said:

Without rewatching the episode, I'd say the ideal way would be to get a tower ladder up there, or if it was a straight shot, a regular aerial, go right below them and lower them into the bucket or onto the ladder. Both devices have a reach of about 100' give or take, so that might have been impossible depending on how far up they were. If it was above the reach of a truck, then yeah, get at least 2 rescuers up above the victim(s), both tied off and secure, one lowers the other down, secure a line or climbing belt around the victim's waist (to prevent falling), then eventually lower them to the ground. Rewatch any episode of Emergency! and see how they did it back 45 years ago!

As a big man myself, there's absolutely no way he'd have been able to hang on by his arms for however long it took for someone to call 9-1-1, the call taker routing the call to FD, then toned out to the stations, the trucks rolled, the rescuers put into position, and so on. The big guy did not "just give up." Gravity and physics simply won out. Given his predicament, even if he did try to reach up and grab numb-nuts' hand, in that brief time (maybe 2 or 3 seconds?) only one tired hand would be supporting all that weight. You try dangling suspended by one hand from a pull-up bar or something even a foot off the ground and see how long you could hold on.

Lastly, has Buck ever seen Abby?

Many years and several careers ago, I was a press photographer on the overnight street beat. I had 9 scanners in my car and a trunk full of photo gear. There was one PD dispatcher who had a voice so sultry she could raise the dead. I'm talking a true "whisky-and-cigars" voice. I finally met her one day. She was in her 60s and most definitely not what one would expect her to look like. She was a great dispatcher, but she had a face made for radio, not television.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Without rewatching the episode, I'd say the ideal way would be to get a tower ladder up there, or if it was a straight shot, a regular aerial, go right below them and lower them into the bucket or onto the ladder. Both devices have a reach of about 100' give or take, so that might have been impossible depending on how far up they were. If it was above the reach of a truck, then yeah, get at least 2 rescuers up above the victim(s), both tied off and secure, one lowers the other down, secure a line or climbing belt around the victim's waist (to prevent falling), then eventually lower them to the ground. Rewatch any episode of Emergency! and see how they did it back 45 years ago!

This is the kind of hard-hitting TV commentary I've been looking for!

• Love 5

I was okay with SEAL Mc Twitter Crush getting fired for his stealing firetrucks. Then he wasn't.

Then even his psychologist has to bang him because he is so hot.

Then the girl kills herself because daddy likes boys

Then they do one man rescues every time

I can't anymore.  At all.

Plus, the upcoming sex scene between Dispatcher Who Cares Too Much and the Sex God will have so much gauze I would feel like I put my contacts in backwards

• Love 1