Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 and other missed opportunities for Galavant

I got the Complete Collection CD for Christmas, and it really got me nostalgic for the whole show again, bitterly wishing that we got another season -- or at least a Gareth and Sid spin-off.  So I thought I'd start this thread for all the stuff we wish we had gotten in season 3 -- or even in the other two seasons.

For example, I wish Roberta and Izzy got better storylines for season 2.  Izzy in particular deserved better than falling for the old romantic misunderstanding trope then getting brainwashed by Wormwood.  She didn't even become her kickass old self until the last 3 episodes!

And when I'm imagining what could have been for season 3...it would have been awesome if they'd gotten Mark Hamill to play the DEL (Dark Evil Lord).  He was such a huge fan of the show, even participating in the Save Galavant videos, and we all know he's got the perfect voice for a villain ;)

• Love 4

I got the Galavant Complete DVD collection for Christmas. Can't wait to rewatch.

I agree about Izzy's storyline in season 2. Hated her locked in that little room and getting brainwashed. Izzy was such a great character, it was sad to see her like that. And I didn't like her being separated from Gal and Sid for so long. BOOO

I would love to have seen Richard raising Tad Cooper in season 3. Just a guy, and his dragon. He'd give up the throne and live the life of a traveler, finally get out and see the world. Meanwhile Gal would become King alongside Queen Izzy. Kind of switching places and realizing life wasn't so great for the other person all that time. Now Gal has to be full or responsibility and making important decisions while Richard is kind of on his own, chased by people, not sure where his next meal will come from.

Oh, I miss these guys all so much. Mark Hamill would have been EPIC!!!!! He could have even pulled a "Galavant...I am your father" haha

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I would love to have seen Richard raising Tad Cooper in season 3. Just a guy, and his dragon. He'd give up the throne and live the life of a traveler, finally get out and see the world.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I wanted to see the reign of Queen Izzy as well. And what's next for Gareth/Sid? Do they find Madalena right away? Spend the whole season on their own adventure? In that case, could the jester go with them?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

And what's next for Gareth/Sid? Do they find Madalena right away? Spend the whole season on their own adventure? In that case, could the jester go with them?

Of course the Jester would have to go with them. Who else would sing of their heroic deeds. I vote for season long adventure while they search for Madalena. They can run into the pirates, the singing monks, Sid's parents, Richard and Tad Cooper, go back to the medieval disco bar. Rodents of unusual size in the fire swamp...oops, wrong movie, but oh what I would give for a Galavant/Princess Bride crossover. Or even just an homage. Maybe Sid could become the new Dread Pirate Roberts. No! Madalena! She would be a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts!

• Love 6

Actually I would have loved it if Izzy's season 2 storyline had involved her finding out that she was adopted. More specifically that those cheapskate asshats she called her parents were really Hotensian usurpers that took over Valencia, stole her from her birth parents/the true rulers, and passed her off as their daughter, and tried to marry her off to their nephew Prince Harry to keep their hold on the throne. Then Izzy would have broken out of the dollhouse, tossed the asshats into the dungeon and threw away the key, and took over both Valencia and Hortensia as the true queen!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 7

When I heard Joshua Sasse would only be available to film one potential episode for season 3 (and this totally shows my ignorance of TV filming schedules, no idea if this is even possible), I had this idea that Madelena could kidnap Galavant in the first episode using D'DEW. Izzy and Richard could head out to rescue Galavant from Madalena, jester in tow. Sid and Gareth are already on the way to rescue Madalena from herself. There could be all kinds of madcap adventures and near misses where their paths almost cross and Madalena slows but doesn't stop them. And then they rescue him at the end. During his one episode's worth of filming, they could have filmed a kidnap scene, a rescue/reunion scene, and a series of an increasingly vexed Madalena bursting into his prison to say variations of, "Your friends will never rescue you! Never!" And him responding with cheesy, "Then why is there fear in your eyes?" "You'll never stop true love/friendship" stuff. And Galavant is still in every episode, still the driver of the (rescue) plot, but Sasse is free to go do his whatever it was for the CW. Hey, it could work, right?

• Love 1

While I loved the S2 finale, I never have bought the idea that Gal and Izzy would have been blissfully happy in retirement.  In my head canon, they were bored and ready for more adventure/stimulation by the time Baby #1 came along.  I  do like majormama's idea of Gal being kidnapped, had we gotten a S3 with a limited amount of Sasse. 

If, by some miracle, Netflix were to decide to make a S3 now that everyone is available, except possibly Omundson (I do wonder how his recovery is going - follow his Twitter and you'll understand what I mean), I could see Madalena kidnapping Richard instead, which would be a nice twist/callback to the beginning of S1.