Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

paulvdb

I don't think steve and dj will end up together . If it was a drama show , then definitely . But it's a lighthearted " comedy family show "... they're not gonna have these type of scandals of CJ being left at the alter and Matt being turned down when he proposes lol...  and if they were gonna make it a DJ / steve ending , they wouldn't go out of their way to make CJ and Matt likable to the audience . I am totally team steve because I'm only watching this show for nostalgia purposes but I think in the end DJ is gonna realize that it's the nostalgia that made her think she was in love with steve and steve will realize how much he does love CJ 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

think in the end DJ is gonna realize that it's the nostalgia that made her think she was in love with steve and steve will realize how much he does love CJ 

I think it would be incredibly ironic for a show built on nostalgia to head the route of "you know, the past is great but the future is better". In a good way, of course.

Plus, I like that ending better than a DJ/Steve ending.

I still think they're going to screw over Matt though (and CJ, but because she's less developed as a character and only exists to illustrate that Steve is looking for a DJ doppelganger I don't quite care so much about her).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, McManda said:

I think it would be incredibly ironic for a show built on nostalgia to head the route of "you know, the past is great but the future is better". In a good way, of course.

Plus, I like that ending better than a DJ/Steve ending.

I still think they're going to screw over Matt though (and CJ, but because she's less developed as a character and only exists to illustrate that Steve is looking for a DJ doppelganger I don't quite care so much about her).

I wouldn't say it's ironic if that were to happen ..I think writers read people's reviews and from what I read the last 2 seasons , everyone seems to prefer DJ and Matt vs DJ and steve . I guess we'll see but My money is on dj staying with Matt 

On 9/23/2017 at 11:07 PM, bettername2come said:

Joey I think makes sense. He's immature, so I can see him falling for someone younger than him and starting a family. Although now that I'm looking it up and seeing his wife is Stephanie's age it does seem more odd than I realized. 

I can see Joey falling for someone younger than him and wanting to start a family at an older age.  I have a hard time seeing why someone Stephanie's age would want to marry Joey. 

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 7:45 PM, mj2000 said:

I've always wondered about the Gibbler house... Now I know :) 

Has Jesse really fallen this far down? He wasn't this bad back in the day when he first moved in 30 years ago. 

Yea but he's in his 50's raising a baby when he should be closer to having grandkids and sending them home when they get cranky 

• Love 1

My guess is that CJ will dump Steve at the alter, and Matt will dump DJ, but this doesn't necessarily end with Steve and DJ. At least for now. I think this show will use the "will they or won't they" for a long time.

I'm of the opinion that if their ultimate goal was Steve/DJ they never should have created Matt. I'd be on board with the nostalgia reunion if there wasn't an arguably better (or at least just as good) option available and interested. I'm also not buying DJ and Steve's grand love, other than as tptb trying really hard to mash the nostalgia button.

The problem is that they almost cast TOO well with Matt. Jared Brotherton is an immensely likeable goof in the body of a total hunk. I do like that they haven't gone the cheap route and made Matt into a secret asshole the way a lot of shows would. And I don't blame Candace for her very enthusiastic response to her makeout scenes with Matt.

The "grand love" is also annoying for the people who remember their break-up back in 1994, when they both realized that they weren't really passionate about each other. Steve coming back for the series finale always felt like someone being there for an old friend, and it's not surprising that they married other people.

Overall, this is good, harmless nostalgia fun. 9 short episodes was bingeable quite easily. If this was any other show, I would have a lot of gripes about the storylines (DJ being with Matt when she's in love with someone else seems especially cruel and self absorbed; I think it would have been much more interesting to have a Steph look for fulfillment in other ways since she can't parent, but we get a completely predictable fertility arc instead). But it's a Full House reboot, so I have to remind myself not to take it too seriously. 

Yeah, I have to remind myself that. I think that's ultimately why this show works better for me than the Girl Meets World reboot- it took itself wayyyyy too seriously, and therefore it was harder to overlook the crap plots and crap character development. This show embraces the Brady Bunch-level camp, so I can't take it too seriously. It's just mindless fun with faces I know.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, mj2000 said:

If not Kimmy I see DJ doing it. Although with DJ her job would be an issue. 

I can't see them doing it. This show clearly trades in on Candice Cameron's pilates body. I don't seem them putting her in pregnancy pads.

It'll totally be Kimmy. And then there will be a heartfelt moment when Kimmy gets too attached and has to realize that it won't be her baby.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Rocki is pretty much the same character the actress played in Disney's Best Friends Whenever I'm not complaining, because I loved Cyd, and love Rocki. 

I just realized that Rocki's the second "Say Yes to the Dress" moment when she's wearing that preppy summer dress. (I knew she looked familiar- I thought she might have been related to Hailee Steinfield.) The dress is also symbolic, showing her fitting into the Tanner family, at least for a moment.

Did they rewrite Gia's character continuity a little bit? In the band episode, they said that Gia was basically a soccer mom, but still liked to vape and liked to be one of the "cool" moms. I thought that would translate to her being happily married, but in this episode, Gia is apparently meeting up with Tinder dates, and Rocki does not look like the soccer type.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

But why are all these reboots so extra corny? I liked the corniness level of full house and boy meets world back in the day because it was silly but had actual somewhat serious story lines that were enjoyable to watch. These reboots are just so over the top in the way the characters act, that it's not enjoyable for me. For example, DJ never acted this neurotic in the original. She was somewhat laid back. Danny also acts like a completely different person. And the kids are just way too over the top. Especially Max. His voice is nails on a chalkboard. And don't get me started on Fernando.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2017 at 11:03 AM, bettername2come said:

DJ lied. She has done a live broadcast before. Or has she forgotten singing "Lollipops and Gummy Bears" to Michelle on the telethon? Oh, Max. Don't you know you're supposed to do the Mentos trick with diet soda? "Why am I lying to a dog?" I kind of like that Danny got divorced. Maybe he can get back together with that woman he almost married on Full House. 

I hate the idea of Danny Tanner being divorced, but having him married to someone that the audience had absolutely no investment in was a mistake, imo. I think that they realized it was a mistake and that it was going to be impossible to have Eva La Rue on enough times for the audience to get invested in her, and they clearly couldn't kill her off and have him twice widowed, so they just divorced them.  I know that the actress who played Vicky is retired but maybe they could get her to come back.  I think Andrea Barber was retired before Fuller House so it's not completely unthinkable.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I just realized that Rocki's the second "Say Yes to the Dress" moment when she's wearing that preppy summer dress. (I knew she looked familiar- I thought she might have been related to Hailee Steinfield.) The dress is also symbolic, showing her fitting into the Tanner family, at least for a moment.

Did they rewrite Gia's character continuity a little bit? In the band episode, they said that Gia was basically a soccer mom, but still liked to vape and liked to be one of the "cool" moms. I thought that would translate to her being happily married, but in this episode, Gia is apparently meeting up with Tinder dates, and Rocki does not look like the soccer type.

Yes, they rewrote Gia's character, but this is more consistent with what we saw of her as a kid.

They also referred to Gia's bachlorette party three years ago. Which means it was either her second marriage or she didn't marry Rocki's dad. And that marriage either lasted less than three years or they have some sort of open relationship.  None of which is your typical "soccer mom." 

• Love 1

At first I thought they can't have Kimmie and Ramona move out and mess with  the premise of the show but once Fernando said he bought the old Kibbler house I thought, oh ok that is the loop hole since it is right next door.  She could logically spend just as much time at the Tanner house as she does now without sleeping there.

So Fernando and Kimmie who are a committed couple sleeping in the same bed every night are now not going to live together?  I understand Jimmie moving in, but seems a like a pretty bold move for Kimmie to not go.

• Love 3

I'm glad they finally addressed the fact that we haven't seen Eva LaRue since the premiere, but I hope that we get some more story development out of Danny being divorced otherwise why bother going through the trouble.  It could of easily continued to be a running joke about how we just never see her again.  Throwing in a vote for Vicky also.  The actress is retired but I'm sure they can persuade her to come back for a few episodes here and there.  This show is hardly a commitment for the guest stars. 

• Love 1

How did I not realize a new season had started?!?! 

Stephanie tossing lemonade into her face cracked me up, as did Gia and DJs continuing disdain for each other. I sometimes like Gia and sometimes I dont, but I always love her and DJ snarking at each other. DJ is normally so chipper, its funny to see her with someone she so obviously cant stand. Although, Rocki had a solid point about them letting anyone walk into their house. 

I think Fernando and Jimmy living together could be funny, but I will miss Fernando at the main house. Also, isn't it a little weird that Kimmy and Fernando, who are currently a couple, wont be living under the same roof? Even if their next door, it seems questionable. 

• Love 4

Kimmy does not have to obey the same laws of physics as the rest of us, and that fall just proves it!

Of course Steph starts singing the alcohol parts of I Get Knocked Down, and DJ is scandalized. And she schedules her breakdowns!

Try the Kale shake Steph, its pretty good!

• Love 2

The only thing I like about this version of the show is that they made Stephanie into a tanner who parties and drinks. I mean I don't even party or drink, but it is refreshing to see a Tanner who isn't supposed to be a perfect/clean freak perfectionist who does nothing wrong. 

The thing I like least about the show is how exaggerated all the characters are. It's way tooooo much.

• Love 11

Throwing in another vote for Vicky to come back. I never liked that Danny was randomly married to a woman we knew nothing about and didn't seem all that funny or interesting. Its sad that he got divorced, but it does make his behavior in the show make sense. Its weird for Danny Tanner to be having a late starting midlife crisis just because he got older, but it is in character for him to spiral after his marriage ending and trying to avoid dealing with it. I know the actress who played Vicky is retired, but maybe they could get her back just for a scene or two, then have their relationship be mostly off camera? 

I love much Fernando gets into the 4th of July! 

• Love 3
On 9/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, Last Time Lord said:

I watched this episode before going to work (on lunch, now). 

I liked this a lot. It was kind of a dick move for DJ to not tell Jackson he had to go to Summer School until the day he had to start. 

It was funny how she kept trying to make it up to him, by giving him a steak sub, an entire pumpkin pie, and a $50 iTunes gift card for lunch, and his favorite pizza and  an ice cream cake later on. 

And it's character continuity yay, because it was established in the second episode of season 1 that DJ will try to butter up Jackson before she delivers him bad news.

Did Netflix up the budget on this show? I could have sworn that the production values are significantly better than they were in season 1/season 2.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Isn't anyone team steve? Every time I try to be team Matt I remember how much I loved Steve's prom episode in the original lol.. I know, I need a life. 

Team Steve here. I feel torn because I like Matt. He is a great addition. It's just that I always hoped that DJ and Steve would have gotten back together. Steve has known her for many years. He knows her quirks and habits. I'm a nostalgia junkie :) 

• Love 3

This season has been off for me so far. I think there are just too many characters. I miss the 3 girls having adventures. Everyone is paired off and in their own bubble it seems. 

Also, I may have missed this but did Jodie Sweetin really break her ankle and they wrote it in?

• Love 2

Yes Jodie broke her ankle in real life. 

I agree that there's too many characters and people paired off. I liked the original full house where the 3 guys were single (till Jesse met becky) and they had to take care of the 3 girls on their own and had their own adventures. I really think Fernando needs to go along with Jimmy Gibler. They add nothing for me.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2017 at 11:36 PM, KaveDweller said:

Maybe we're supposed to think Jesse was having so much trouble because he's older and slower? Because he helped raise Michelle from when she was a baby and then he raised the twins. But people don't always have as much energy in their fifties as they did when they were younger (or so I hear). It seems like a bit of a stretch though.

Baby Pamela screaming when he fell asleep (and then laughing at him) made me laugh. That was really adorable, I wonder how many takes it took to get the baby to do it.

Did we know last season they named the baby Pamela. It just occurred to me while typing her name that she's named after DJ and Stephanie's mom, but maybe I already knew and forgot.

That cracked me up as well, she is too cute

• Love 4
10 hours ago, mj2000 said:

Team Steve here. I feel torn because I like Matt. He is a great addition. It's just that I always hoped that DJ and Steve would have gotten back together. Steve has known her for many years. He knows her quirks and habits. I'm a nostalgia junkie :) 

Me too. I just love them together so much. They're the corniest freaking people. It's so cute. 

Matt is nice. But I don't feel the show has given us much of his personality beyond "hunky vet."

What does he do for hobbies? He doesn't have three kids to take care of and a house full of people, so what does he do when he's not around the Fullers? 

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't think it is necessarily a retcon more like Gia is getting back to her old self as opposed to trying to fit in as a happily married soccer mom.  What bothered me more about Gia was leaving her daughter there for a full 24hrs.  Discounting the implication that she hooked up with some random tinder guy whose name she doesn't remember (no judgment) but the fact that she didn't pick Rocky up until later the next night. 

• Love 2

At first I thought realistically you wouldn't have DJ or Kimmy be the surrogate but considering they would just be carrying the baby, I guess those age risks aren't in play?  Can someone who knows confirm? 

Also did anyone think we were getting a Jackson is dyslexic storyline?

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1
On September 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

The thing I like least about the show is how exaggerated all the characters are. It's way tooooo much.

I'm pretty disappointed that Max still just yells so many of his lines, but the adult male actors are really not much better. I know the actresses have had decades of experience with their characters, but even Steve comes across so... hammy.

• Love 3

I thought the episode was kind of cute. I liked seeing Uncle Jessie struggle with having babies again, even when he used to be good at it. It was a bit contrived, but he has been awhile since he was taking care of little kids, and he is in his 50s now. I bought it. 

Matt being all scared of the ghosts was hilarious. I`m going to miss him when DJ inevitably dumps him for Steve. 

• Love 2

Poor DJ got so excited about Jackson wanting to be a vet, but I could tell right away he didn't really want to. Well, you could do worse than barista...

I thought the Ramona/Kimmy/Fernando stuff was nice, and that little horse was cute as hell. I mean, shes no Lil Sebastian, but shes a good dancer. 

Mr. Bear makes his return!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
On September 22, 2017 at 7:50 PM, mj2000 said:

DJ ending up wearing CJ's dress was like a giant anvil falling.

I thought the whole thing was sort of tasteless and painful to watch. It would be incredibly hurtful to know that your fiance's ex-girlfriend is helping dress him for your wedding and parading around him in wedding dresses and posing for pictures (reluctantly, but not too reluctantly). Even if DJ didn't necessarily know it was CJ's dress until later, there were red lines all over the place. And wasn't CJ also not involved in tasting cakes or picking Kimmy as the wedding planner?

I agree that the show will eventually find a way to put Steve and DJ together and make it seem like no one's feelings are hurt, but it's a little ugly to watch and it makes me like these characters less.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

I'm pretty disappointed that Max still just yells so many of his lines, but the adult male actors are really not much better. I know the actresses have had decades of experience with their characters, but even Steve comes across so... hammy.

I don't care for the kids . Max especially .. just please. Stop . Yelling. .... and Fernando too . He'd but hot if he wasn't so annoying 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, I don't think it is necessarily a retcon more like Gia is getting back to her old self as opposed to trying to fit in as a happily married soccer mom.  What bothered me more about Gia was leaving her daughter there for a full 24hrs.  Discounting the implication that she hooked up with some random tinder guy whose name she doesn't remember (no judgment) but the fact that she didn't pick Rocky up until later the next night. 

Yeah, I can see that, but it does feel like this season's Gia is significantly different than the one we saw in the Girl Talk episode last season. That Gia seemed like she lived for her Mommy and Me exercise class and her charity 5k walks while still keeping up some bad girl habits, like vaping. This Gia seems like PG-13 version of Rayanne Graff's mom on My So-Called Life.

I thought the whole thing was sort of tasteless and painful to watch. It would be incredibly hurtful to know that your fiance's ex-girlfriend is helping dress him for your wedding and parading around him in wedding dresses and posing for pictures (reluctantly, but not too reluctantly).

Yeah. This was all just a bit too over the line in terms of taste. The first two seasons tended to treat the triangle without making them look like assholes, but this wedding dress thing was just in bad taste.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor DJ got so excited about Jackson wanting to be a vet, but I could tell right away he didn't really want to. Well, you could do worse than barista...

I thought the Ramona/Kimmy/Fernando stuff was nice, and that little horse was cute as hell. I mean, shes no Lil Sebastian, but shes a good dancer. 

I'm kind of a barista. It's actually kind of fun sometimes. Better than fast food, in any event.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with the obvious set-up of Stephanie giving away Mr. Bear to Max. Also, a lavender unicorn. Wow, they're just trolling us at this point.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Am I the only one that thought Mr. Bear didn't look like the original Mr. Bear?

It also looked brand new.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

And wasn't CJ also not involved in tasting cakes or picking Kimmy as the wedding planner?

Some of that may have to do with them not being able to afford to have an additional actress in every episode. The cast of this show is getting big.

1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Some of that may have to do with them not being able to afford to have an additional actress in every episode. The cast of this show is getting big.

I understand the functional reason for it, I'm just saying that the way they've written it kind of makes Steve look like a jerk--i.e., he's engaged to this woman but just hangs around his ex-girlfriend's house and makes life decisions without consulting her. Even a throwaway line where he's on the phone with CJ and something comes up at the last minute and oh, darn, she can't make the cake tasting... That would be a perfectly reasonable solution, IMO.

• Love 2
On September 26, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Danny also acts like a completely different person.

Danny does act out of character... but I'd bet money that Bob Saget agreed to do this show only on the condition that he did not have to go back to being full-on, uptight Danny Tanner.

100% with you on the point about DJ, though, she's come off like a total airhead in this season.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

I understand the functional reason for it, I'm just saying that the way they've written it kind of makes Steve look like a jerk--i.e., he's engaged to this woman but just hangs around his ex-girlfriend's house and makes life decisions without consulting her. Even a throwaway line where he's on the phone with CJ and something comes up at the last minute and oh, darn, she can't make the cake tasting... That would be a perfectly reasonable solution, IMO.

I agree, I'd be really weirded out if my fiance hung around his ex THAT much. Especially since it seems like she and Steve weren't that close this whole time, they had recently reconnected, right? I vaguely remember that from season 1. I was glad DJ seemed to acknowledge that her friendship with Steve might have to take a step back once he got married, but of course, that will likely not stick.

There's also the creepiness of CJ being so similar to DJ.

• Love 1
On 9/28/2017 at 9:34 PM, tennisgurl said:

Throwing in another vote for Vicky to come back. I never liked that Danny was randomly married to a woman we knew nothing about and didn't seem all that funny or interesting. Its sad that he got divorced, but it does make his behavior in the show make sense. Its weird for Danny Tanner to be having a late starting midlife crisis just because he got older, but it is in character for him to spiral after his marriage ending and trying to avoid dealing with it. I know the actress who played Vicky is retired, but maybe they could get her back just for a scene or two, then have their relationship be mostly off camera? 

I love much Fernando gets into the 4th of July! 

I agree on that explains Danny's behavior and I know Bob Saget said that he believed that after the kids grew up, got married, moved on in life he be less up tight with his grandkids because a lot of people do that later in life. Trust me, my parents and even my wife's parents say how our parents really mellowed out on a lot of things when they became grandparents. I think the problem with Danny's second wife was it was complete dropped. Even DJ's line: "That one time she was here." I know they couldn't predict the show would get another two and now looking like a 4th season, they didn't put a lot of thought into Danny's life as they did with Jesse and Becky and of course Joey. In the long run, I feel bad for Danny, his wife died at such an early age from a drunk driver, flash forward over 30 years later and he gets a divorce as he put it: "We barely knew each other." Making them the classic: "We aren't getting any younger, let's get married." Which has become very common for older couples these days. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I like Jackson's new friends, and how much he loves being the leader. 

Never thought I would hear the work Hickey said so often on an episode of Fuller House!

I actually wondered if Jackson had any friends outside of Paco. I like the "Loser" squad and I cracked up at DJ and Rocky's interactions. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Also did anyone think we were getting a Jackson is dyslexic storyline?

Raises hand, being in education and doing many reports on disorders the last few years, Jackson had be showing the classic signs of dyslexia. If you look at the previous episodes, even with the Loser Squad, the way Jackson was acting shows signs of dyslexic problems. The only problem is in this day and age, unless the parents are purposely hiding it or an entire string of teachers are not paying attention, you can spot kids with reading problems right away. You get some schools that are so quick to diagnose a kid with learning disability, especially if they take standardized tests, those tests actually do more than say if a school should get money or if the kids are "learning". They show if a kid even understands how to read. 

• Love 2