Type keyword(s) to search

PODCAST S02.E04 Go Pirates!: I Tried Real Hard, I Just Couldn't Get The Nuts Off

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Actually I thought in the first episode of season 2 Veronica made a vo about Keith wanting her to get a normal job. Even if if there wasn’t, I’m sure it was probably Keith’s decision and not Veronicas.

And was it last episode ? he says she can come back, just reception and filing. 

Alicia may have influenced him, too. 

But he was realizing being a hostess wasn’t keeping her out of trouble?

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Affogato said:

And was it last episode ? he says she can come back, just reception and filing. 

Alicia may have influenced him, too. 

But he was realizing being a hostess wasn’t keeping her out of trouble?

Yeah.. it also goes back to the season 1 finale when he said maybe employing her in his office wasn’t good. I’m pretty sure he’s the one who made her stop being a teenage PI, not Veronica. She would have stayed working for him, I think. 

Also it didn’t keep her out of trouble because yeah Veronica would have stayed working for him because she likes being a PI, she enjoys it, and so she’s Looking into things on her own and figuring out why the bus crash happened because it affects her, just like Lily’s murder. She was looking into that under Keith’s nose even when he told her not to at first. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Thinking that the 'fab four' wouldn't have lasted very long if Lilly hadn't been killed:

Veronica breaks up with Yolanda on Lilly's say so and immediately senses the wrongness of her actions, she isn't going to remain Lilly's lapdog for long. Lilly will probably retaliate by kicking her out of the in crowd and even if she doesn't really try to bully Veronica beyond that people like Madison will fill the void. 

Liane runs because Celeste is blackmailing her. Keith's modus operandi is to ignore issues by throwing himself into work. Veronica's entry into the seedy underbelly of Neptune will be her own search for her mother, more or less alone because:

Duncan has broken up with Veronica after Celeste tells him Veronica is his sister (he hides the truth the way that his family later  tries to cover up his suspected involvement in Lilly's death, and again the way he hides the Meg coma- pregnancy thing).  There is a good chance Lilly knows this, too, but she will keep the information close to her chest until she can use it for maximum drama (she takes the tapes and hides them, she doesn't take them to the police). 

The awkward break of Duncan and Veronica is going to make the group uncomfortable, even if Lilly gets back together with Logan.

Even if Veronica doesn't break with Lilly, Logan is becoming increasingly confrontational with his father and Veronica hanging out with Logan likely won't survive his anger at her telling Lilly about Yolanda and the bum fights (Lilly's death gives her an excuse to forgive him for some things he was probably going to do anyway).

Logan is still confronting his feelings with a combination of drinking, self destructive behavior and abusive acting out (with fists and mouth). Just like Mom and Dad. Veronica is still throwing herself into work and trying to pretend the relationship with Duncan is normal, just like Keith (with Lianne). Duncan is still covering up any unpleasantness with lies and half truths, like Celeste and Jake.

Not only just like their parents but Logan and Duncan are without parental guidance, and Veronica really is, too. Living the dream?

Also thinking maybe Aaron is not getting bail to whip up public sympathy?

11 hours ago, Affogato said:

Thinking that the 'fab four' wouldn't have lasted very long if Lilly hadn't been killed:

Veronica breaks up with Yolanda on Lilly's say so and immediately senses the wrongness of her actions, she isn't going to remain Lilly's lapdog for long. Lilly will probably retaliate by kicking her out of the in crowd and even if she doesn't really try to bully Veronica beyond that people like Madison will fill the void. 

Liane runs because Celeste is blackmailing her. Keith's modus operandi is to ignore issues by throwing himself into work. Veronica's entry into the seedy underbelly of Neptune will be her own search for her mother, more or less alone because:

Duncan has broken up with Veronica after Celeste tells him Veronica is his sister (he hides the truth the way that his family later  tries to cover up his suspected involvement in Lilly's death, and again the way he hides the Meg coma- pregnancy thing).  There is a good chance Lilly knows this, too, but she will keep the information close to her chest until she can use it for maximum drama (she takes the tapes and hides them, she doesn't take them to the police). 

The awkward break of Duncan and Veronica is going to make the group uncomfortable, even if Lilly gets back together with Logan.

Even if Veronica doesn't break with Lilly, Logan is becoming increasingly confrontational with his father and Veronica hanging out with Logan likely won't survive his anger at her telling Lilly about Yolanda and the bum fights (Lilly's death gives her an excuse to forgive him for some things he was probably going to do anyway).

Yeah.. I would never think Lily and Veronica would be friends for much longer if she had never been killed. I often wonder how Veronica would have reacted when/if she would have found out about Aaron and Lily. 

16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. I would never think Lily and Veronica would be friends for much longer if she had never been killed. I often wonder how Veronica would have reacted when/if she would have found out about Aaron and Lily. 

I think the clumsy age juggling was so Lilly and V would be sixteen although I’m not completely clear on CA statutory rape laws and the show did a lot of TV law.

She might have told her dad which would have alienated Logan because he would have seen it as another betrayal. Which would distance him from both Lilly and Veronica.  So he might have embarked on his bullying. 

So, maybe something close to canon.

Edited by Affogato
Too many ‘anyways’

Apparently, the kid is Percy's brother. From an interview with Percy Daggs:

Q.  What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

A.  I do a lot, I have three or four very close friends, they take me in different directions.  In my spare time I like to watch movies, I like to play video games, I like to read, I like to go to amusement parks.  I like to play basketball a lot, I love playing basketball, and that’s what I do.  I like to go swimming, I just bought a house and I got a nice pool back there.  I like to hang out at home, I’m kind of a homebody.  I’m really close to my family, I’ve got a seven year-old brother who plays Darrell Fennell on the show actually.  When I get free time I like to spend time with him and influence him, he looks up to me a lot.  I have an eighteen year-old sister too, I gotta stay on her because I’m that over protective big brother, I have to make sure she isn’t hurting and handling her life right.  Spend time with my mom and my pops, in a lot of interviews I speak about my mom, me and my mom are very close and so are me and my father.  My dad has four sisters and my mom has three sisters and three brothers.  So, I come from a really big family.

• Love 1

The book with John's essay is called 'Neptune Noir: Unauthorized Investigations into Veronica Mars". There is at least one copy on a bookshelf in regional Australia (spoiler: it's mine).

I have this on my Kindle! Time for a re-read.

• Love 2

I really liked Logan and his wet armpit's scene..I remembered loving so much this 'move' when i first saw it, because it was so not a 'tv show' thing to do..It is something really real life, real life details tv show avoid at all coasts ususally..and here they did it..loved it, so real !! haha.
I don't think i saw something like this on another american tv show since..by the way.

I assumed that Keith was aware of and (while he might not have been happy about it) OK with Veronica's relationship with Duncan: he was just making the point that (like Keith going out for donuts) he was quite aware of what was going on.

I would've thought that if they wanted to reduce Percy Daggs' episode count, they could have had  drop in a couple of lines of dialogue going, "I would've asked Wallace only he says he has to spend time with Jackie" - it would be perfectly believable for him to prioritise his girlfriend over his BFF.

[SO CLOSE on the "Go Pirates!" at the end there!]

• Love 1