Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Steven & Justin Assanti: Where Are They Now?

• Start Topic

I checked out the new YouTube videos. There is a user saving Steven's facebook live and other now deleted facebook videos. It just keeps getting worse. I'm very glad o just watched on my iPad and didn't watch on my tv. Steven admits to hospital shopping and that he is leaving Houston area now to get pills. Then he has a video of singing and dancing ( I'm not sure of the song but it was full of swear words) while on a stretcher in the ER hallway. People walked by , it appeared to me that at least one hospital employee walked by and no one flags this guy as a drug seeker? Then there was a video a few days show with him getting his meds delivered. He turns the camera away and takes pills and then the behavior gets weird, he starts burping and singing O Canada. There were many more videos to watch that were within the last month but after like a virgin on the toilet with something smeared on his face, I've had enough for today.  

I just can't believe Steven gets a PCA daily to clean and bring him Burger King and so many ER and meds paid for. I live in a retirement area and I can't tell you how many seniors i know that really need daily help, rides, but they don't qualify and assisted living isn't cheap and they are alone, sometimes with sad consequences like dying from falls. 

• Love 5

Apparently the mother is a drinker.  I’m pretty sure that’s one issue with Steven, as he’s obviously developmentally disabled.

They do talk about her some in the first episode (I think it was the first one). IIRC, she left the family when the brothers were young and had no real contact with the family. At some point she did contact Stephen and ask him to move to MA to be closer to her but he moved and she spent all her time drinking or something. I don't remember if it was a drug/alcohol thing or a mental illness thing. Or both.

The thought of Steven out in society, totally free in a normal body and not confined to a bed or a room makes me shudder.  He ain't right.

I too, think "sociopath." But I also think Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. In the first episode, they said the mother was a heavy drinker, including throughout her pregnancies. That would explain a lot.

• Love 1

I know TLC loves the Assantis but just cannot watch them anymore. Today when their first episode came on my actual literal reaction was I'd rather watch Aw Mah Lehgs than this. Then I remembered I have TLC Go and I'm doing just that. :P I think I might watch Pauline next.

Edited by NeitherSparky
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, NeitherSparky said:

I know TLC loves the Assantis but just cannot watch them anymore. Today when their first episode came on my actual literal reaction was I'd rather watch Aw Mah Lehgs than this. Then I remembered I have TLC Go and I'm doing just that. :P I think I might watch Pauline next.

You know a show's subject is godawful when James K and Pauline look downright cuddly in comparison.

• Love 4

Our society did away with most mental hospitals years ago, which is why we have such a huge homeless population and other issues.  This guy, Steven, is an example of why we need them again.  "Asylum" means help, respite, safety... and that's what they were designed to be years ago - a safe and peaceful place for those with tortured minds.

No way in hell is this guy sane.  He's completely out of control.  Shame on TLC and Dr Now's son for seeking him out as clickbait for their show.  They knew from the start that the guy would no way qualify for their weight-loss program.

It is truly hard to get help for someone who is struggling with mental illness.  Someone else mentioned prison and that's where this guy should be, since there is no mental institution for him.  He'd be so much better off and perhaps get some of the help he needs.

• Love 8

According to his FB page, Steven has a "girlfriend" and they're "in love." 

There are two likely scenarios here: 

1.) Her FB account is something that Steven created on his own; or 

2.) She is the world's worst fame-chaser who so desperately wants her IMDB entry to read, "My 600-lb Life - Steven Assanti's Girlfriend." 

15 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

2.) She is the world's worst fame-chaser who so desperately wants her IMDB entry to read, "My 600-lb Life - Steven Assanti's Girlfriend." 

There are billions of women in the world.  Infamous criminals get girlfriends and wives, so it's not hard to believe Steven Assanti would.

My DVR didn't even pick this up on the season recording.  Probably for the best.  I wouldn't have wanted to watch this kind of exploitative nonsense even if it did.

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Lol, you made me go look!  I think her account is real, but that doesn't mean Steven didn't hijack it.  I went through her profile, yeah, I got no life and she's a HUGE Marilyn Manson fan.  Obsessed.   So you second point may very well be true.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:38 AM, Giant Misfit said:

I'm not a photo shop expert but his "girlfriend" has pictures of her and Steven together posted on her page. There are 4 different poses. 

My husband said she looks like a fame whore and I thought maybe she was paid friend?

I wonder how many people are paying the $20 for a song and dance? I was stupid and looked at the recent one. I always wondered what the brown stuff he had on his face was in others videos? I always thought it was chocolate. I wish I was correct, but the last video has him holding feces. How can any doctor still be handing him piles of pain pills?? 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2018 at 11:38 AM, Giant Misfit said:

or 3/ Whitney's given up on Avi.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/31/2018 at 10:27 PM, jerseydeviljohn said:

The "Doctors" that are keeping this giant pile of shit high are most likely willing to give him his pills just so he will leave their office/ER are quickly as possible.

Still does'nt make it legit...

They're probably hoping if they give him enough, he'll finally overdose... just sayin'...

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, leFay said:

They're probably hoping if they give him enough, he'll finally overdose... just sayin'...

Kind of surprised he hasn’t already. I mean, it’s obvious he uses them to get high. I can’t even imagine what dosage he must be taking to get his desired results. It has to be a lot. 

• Love 1

I'm watching this "Where are they now" right now. It's the first time it's been shown in the UK. We're at the point where Dr Now lost his shit with the paramedics for bringing Steven to the hospital without calling him first.  Now he's losing his shit with Steven and threatening him with jail.

Steven Assanti has got to be one of the most repellent people ever to appear on My 600-lb Life. A thoroughly nasty piece of work. But if anyone had any right to say "Ow,, mah laygs" it would be him. I have never seen anything like those legs and feet in my life. Truly the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, essexjan said:

I'm watching this "Where are they now" right now. It's the first time it's been shown in the UK. We're at the point where Dr Now lost his shit with the paramedics for bringing Steven to the hospital without calling him first.  Now he's losing his shit with Steven and threatening him with jail.

Steven Assanti has got to be one of the most repellent people ever to appear on My 600-lb Life. A thoroughly nasty piece of work. But if anyone had any right to say "Ow,, mah laygs" it would be him. I have never seen anything like those legs and feet in my life. Truly the stuff of nightmares.

Have you seen the latest  show? Schenee  is a close second . Steven  seems to be mentally  ill, Schenee . ...no words.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Have you seen the latest  show? Schenee  is a close second . Steven  seems to be mentally  ill, Schenee . ...no words.

Yes, I watched that today too. I love my 'working from home' days ...

• Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 10:50 AM, Trees said:

Our society did away with most mental hospitals years ago, which is why we have such a huge homeless population and other issues.  This guy, Steven, is an example of why we need them again.  "Asylum" means help, respite, safety... and that's what they were designed to be years ago - a safe and peaceful place for those with tortured minds.

No way in hell is this guy sane.  He's completely out of control.  Shame on TLC and Dr Now's son for seeking him out as clickbait for their show.  They knew from the start that the guy would no way qualify for their weight-loss program.

It is truly hard to get help for someone who is struggling with mental illness.  Someone else mentioned prison and that's where this guy should be, since there is no mental institution for him.  He'd be so much better off and perhaps get some of the help he needs.

Have you ever known anyone in prison?  I have known way too many, and he would get NO help in prison, other than to be locked in his cell for 23 hours a day after causing disruptions.  He would detox though.  They wouldn't give him any narcotic pain meds, and they wouldn't wean him off them either.  Cold turkey.

• Love 1

Finally saw Assante Part 3. It ended on a positive note with Steven having lost a considerable amount of weight post surgery, and Dr. Now talking about skin removal. He did not seem high during his last visit, and Steven's teary reaction to Dr. Now's saying he was proud of him made me soften a bit towards him. Among all kinds of mental illness and delusion, I think there is a ton of pain inside Steven. Based on all the comments here I feel like I missed something. Has he already blown it since this episode aired? 

Dr. Now had some classic moments and lines in this one. I wonder if he realizes how funny he is with his comebacks. He never seems like he is trying to be clever. He just seems like a straight-talking man who wants to help. Even when he is losing his shit like he did at the hospital, Dr. Now still treats every patient with respect. 

• Love 5

Is Steven off of social media? I usually check once every 4-6 weeks, when I'm waiting at the doctor's office  to see what he is up to. His facebook is gone? and the person on youtube that uploads Steven's facebook live chats has not posted either. One of the last things Steven said was he was taping for another update show for this year. Could TLC be forcing him to stay off social media? Would they really have Steven part what 5? in less then 2 years. 

I just saw Steven got married. He got married in Iowa? So who knows where he is living now. His wife is on  facebook , Stephanie Assanti and has some pictures of him. It does look like he has lost weight, in his face and upper body. I'm kind of in shock that he tied the knot.  He still has a crazy look in his eyes and this women has a kid so I hope everything works out for them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I just saw Steven got married. He got married in Iowa? So who knows where he is living now. His wife is on  facebook , Stephanie Assanti and has some pictures of him. It does look like he has lost weight, in his face and upper body. I'm kind of in shock that he tied the knot.  He still has a crazy look in his eyes and this women has a kid so I hope everything works out for them. 

Dear sweet good merciful lord Jesus please protect that innocent child.

You have to wonder about the woman who watched his episode, saw him throwing full bedpans around the hospital room, and thought, "Yep, that's the guy for me and little Susie." 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Holy crap. He looks like he REALLY lost a lot of weight. He still has those nasty teeth and gums, though. His breath must gag a maggot. 

• Love 5
On 6/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, AZChristian said:

30 seconds of looking at her Facebook convinces me that they deserve each other.

She seems nice. Ugh. I'm sorry I just looked at that. Even sorrier I scrolled down far enough to see a picture of her licking his cheek. *shudder*

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

She seems nice. Ugh. I'm sorry I just looked at that. Even sorrier I scrolled down far enough to see a picture of her licking his cheek. *shudder*

Ewwwwww! Gag city! 

• Love 1

Something is just plain weird. If you look at my previous post on April 25th I wondered what happened to Stephen, he had disappeared from social media. His then girlfriend now wife started actively posting on social media. If you look closely some of the responses were 100% Stephen on her account. Now Starcasm has an interview with Stephanie his wife but realizes near the end it is Stephen not Stephanie answering. Then they are blocked. Then they? come back and Stephanie admits Steven has been answering with her knowledge. Of course all the answers they got were Stephen is great, everyone loves him, my daughter loves him, it was love at first sight etc. 

It is also said by ? that Stephen has broken ties with filming and might be being sued but does not care.

Just a weirder feeling, Stephen leaves social media and is now on social media under Stephanie. In some of his music videos he would go by other names. I think there is something weirder going on then a women driving 500+ miles to meet Stephen after seeing his loving heart on TV and after 3 days bringing him home to pay for him and marry him? I just can't tell if it is him or her or both of them up to something?

• Love 4

Well, it appears neither one of them have an active FB page anymore. Guess Stephen took his prehistoric pigasaurus puss back to the TLC trough to burrow for some more cash. 

As for her and her motivations, I read that Starcasm interview. Love her with the, "We just want a quiet life raising my daughter." Yes, nothing says, "I want a quiet life raising my daughter" more than hooking up with a drug-addled, rageaholic, human garbage disposal like Stephen Assanti. 

Also telling: her over plucked eyebrows—the kind usually featured on every female meth addict on Intervention. 

23 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

The new episode on these two, Part 4, has been available on TLC app as an early premiere since Wednesday. I'm watching it now.

Yes, Assantis Part 4, and the June-Chad-Pauline update are both available early via the TLC To Go app, or via TLC's website -- but the episodes are locked. They can only be unlocked using a cable or satellite television subscription. 😢

• Useful 1

I think a lot of them are, and it's just not featured on their particular story.    Charity O.D. in the hospital once.    I think where the poundticipant keeps talking about the pain they're in all of the time, then that's how to tell they're asking for pain pills.   

I'm guessing this episode isn't on the line up of reruns tonight, but it's hard to tell if this one is tonight's last rerun, or if it's the last one (chapter 4).