Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

More Kate/Batwoman audition videos (same audition scenes) - I'm only going to post these auditions in this thread going forward and not in the spoilers threads...

Audition for Rapaport
Posted: July 22, 2018, by Ashley Platz

Batwoman 3
Posted: July 23, 2018, by Nicole Pacent-Lindquist

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

So SA said that there's a surprise character in the xover that's even more exciting than Batwoman, and people are going to freak out.David said that he'd like to see Bruce, not Batman, but regular Bruce Wayne in this verse. What are the chances that Bruce Wayne will be in the xover to set up Batwoman? I'm just trying to wonder who could be more exciting than the character the xover is meant for.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Biggest Winners of San Diego Comic-Con 2018
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon., Jul. 23, 2018 3:00 AM
https://www.eonline.com/news/953943/the-biggest-winners-of-san-diego-comic-con-2018

The CW's DC Universe

As usual, all of the CW's superhero shows were present, showing off what looks like a really interesting, progressive, inclusive, and fun season ahead. Supergirl introduced the first ever transgender superhero, played by activist Nicole Maines. The Flash revealed that Barry and Iris' surprise daughter Nora is going to play a major part this season, while Arrow showed how Oliver's faring in prison now that everyone knows his secret (spoiler alert: not well). Black Lightning showed off a new fight between Black Lightning and Whale, and Legends of Tomorrow was business as usual with Beebo, with the added highly anticipated addition of Matt Ryan as Constantine. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So SA said that there's a surprise character in the xover that's even more exciting that Batwoman, and people are going to freak out.David said that he'd like to see Bruce, not Batman, but regular Bruce Wayne in this verse. What are the chances that Bruce Wayne will be in the xover to set up Batwoman? I'm just trying to wonder who could be more exciting than the character the xover is meant for.

I'd say there is a good chance. Oliver has already name dropped Bruce Wayne. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I just can't think of any other character that would have that kind of reaction. I guess if not Bruce Wayne, maybe someone like Lucius Fox (can't see SA finding that exciting tbh), or someone else from the bat family. But Bruce is the one that the cast has always said they wanted the most.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Hasn't it been speculated that Tim/Stephanie are showing up?

I think there were rumors they'd be on SG but no real source. I'm not 100% sure. That said, do you really think SA knows who they are or would be excited for them? I don't lol.

this is the quote I'm thinking of 

Edited by JJ928
(edited)

The 4 best moments from the new Arrowverse Comic-Con trailers
CHANCELLOR AGARD  July 23, 2018 at 03:54 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/23/best-moments-arrowverse-comic-con-trailers/

Arrow teases a thrilling prison shower fight
Last week, Arrow star Stephen Amell tweeted that he was “singularly proud” of an action scene in the season 7 premiere, and we finally have an idea of what he’s talking about. In the trailer above, we see Oliver Queen — who went to prison at the end of season 6 — fighting off assailants in the prison showers. What little we see of the entire fight is thrilling, brutal, and a reminder that it’s insane that this show has never earned an Emmy nomination for its excellent stunt work (The season 7 premiere is actually directed by the show’s stunt coordinator-turned-director James Bamford). “That was eight hours of hard fighting. I’m very proud of that,” Amell told EW when he came by our Comic-Con studio on Saturday. Dear Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, give this show’s stunt team a damn Emmy nomination already!

Other highlights from the trailer: A first look at the returns of Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), Derek Sampson (Cody Runnels), and Danny “Brick” Brickwell (Vinnie Jones); a new archer comes to town; and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) defending William.

Arrow teases a thrilling prison shower fight
Nora gives both The Flash and fans a long-awaited gift from the comics
Agent Liberty and a mysterious figure arrive in Supergirl season 4 trailer
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow screw ‘things up for the more magical’

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I love Kevin Smith.

I never thought much of him until Ace Comic Con this year, where he moderated three panels.  Just the ease he spoke with, and how comfortable the stars were around him, most of all Grant Gustin.  Kevin was walking with his back turned to us and was late to a panel and we blurted out his name to thank him for moderating, and he physically turned his body around to thank us for coming and for enjoying his panel moderating.  It’s just the little things that make you feel special.  

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

The random turban on CL physically pains me. How is dressing like Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard a good look?  Especially paired with the open netting over the rest of her outfit.  Please let that NOT be a fashion trend.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

My theory is that she didn't wash her hair that morning and was concerned it would be obvious.

She should have hit up EBR for her dry shampoo supplier. 

• Love 4
(edited)

There’s a video clip from the signing booth of a photographer getting a pic of CP and DP and they seemed less then friendly who each other. Didn’t really acknowledge each other, just walked over took the pic and walked back to their corners. 

There were a look of comments under the clip about bad blood and something went down between them around the time EBR unfollowed DP on SM.

Edited by Chaser
(edited)

I never thought they were close, I just never realized how not friendly they were.

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think it goes back to DP always excluding CP from pics or when she posts about the show. It's quite obvious, IMO, and I'm not even part of that fandom.

I could see that. She posted a pic after the panel with all the cast mates but CP. 

Edited by Chaser
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I could see that. She posted a pic after the panel with all the cast mates but CP. 

Yeah. Obviously you don't always have to post pics with everyone but IMO she very obviously excludes her a lot. It happens too often. Don't quote me on it but I think there has even been occasions when she's tagged most of the cast and not CP. Just petty and childish tbh.

• Love 3

They definitely don't get along. I saw this on twitter, start at 8:27. DP was asked about Iris/Caitlin friendship and instead answered how Iris needed out of star labs. This isn't surprising since she said in the past she likes being the only woman in the lab. I can't stand her or Grant from this cast.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never seemed remotely close in the first place. Wasnt CP one of the few Flash cast members to not attend DPs wedding?

Haha I always take that as a sign. I never believed Julie Bowen and Sofia V hated each other cuz Julie went to her wedding. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah. Obviously you don't always have to post pics with everyone but IMO she very obviously excludes her a lot. It happens too often. Don't quote me on it but I think there has even been occasions when she's tagged most of the cast and not CP. Just petty and childish tbh.

Yep. She's also liked shady tweets that were nasty towards Iris/CP. In the past when asked about a possible friendship with Iris, she'd ignore that and talk up other female guest stars like Patty or Felicity instead. She's been that way since season 1, so has GG but people still like him for some reason.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

Yep. She's also liked shady tweets that were nasty towards Iris/CP. In the past when asked about a possible friendship with Iris, she'd ignore that and talk up other female guest stars like Patty or Felicity instead. She's been that way since season 1, so has GG but people still like him for some reason.

Yeah. I'm not a fan. And I don't think she's a good actress but maybe that's just me. Haha.

• Love 4
Just now, Angel12d said:

Yeah. I'm not a fan. And I don't think she's a good actress but maybe that's just me. Haha.

It's not just you. Before the shadiness in season 1, I was all in for the cast but I thought her acting was terrible. Here we are going in to season 5 and it's still just as bad.

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never seemed remotely close in the first place. Wasnt CP one of the few Flash cast members to not attend DPs wedding?

Did any of the Arrowverse ladies go besides Katie Cassidy? She’s the only one I’ve seen mentioned.  But yeah, the rest of the Flash cast seems to have been there.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

GG and CP don't get along?

I've heard about him liking shady articles but I didn't think they were unfriendly with each other. 

I couldn't say tbh. They seem to but that could be all fake, but I truly don't know. I know GG has tried to be less of an asshole, and more supportive of Iris/CP, but imo he does it because he knows his ass will be dragged.  They probably get along ok, they don't seem to hate each other at events like sdcc (where CP/DP can't hide their animosity), but again no one truly knows. I hope for CP's sake they get along. IDGAF about Grant and his lame acting ass, but I hope he and Candice are friendly enough and the workplace isn't hostile for her.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It’s not. It’s like a cardboard cutout saying lines. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Did any of the Arrowverse ladies go besides Katie Cassidy? She’s the only one I’ve seen mentioned.  But yeah, the rest of the Flash cast seems to have been there.

I’m pretty sure she was the only one.

This is why I roll my eyes at KC and DP being apart of sheority. KC comments about how warm and friendly the environment is for woman and mentioning DP by name, when both of them were excluding female cast mates and liking shady tweets.

• Love 4

DP is even less involved with Shethority then KC. And if Caity and Candice are as good of friends as they seem that is probably why. 

And explains why CP hangs out with CL and the Legends cast more then her own cast. Wasn't CL at a Flash cast dinner? CP must really feel alone that she invited her own friend to the dinner. 

• Love 1
(edited)

DP probably isn't involved much because of Candice. Caity and DP seem to be friendly enough to the point where they've cared for each others pets. I know CL has tweeted nice things about DP, some not that long ago and they're mutuals. I think Candice is close to Jessie & Danielle N, I'm glad Dani got upped to regular it'll be nice for CP to have some women on her side.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2

For anyone who wants to see the video. I saw a different, slightly longer version on Saturday that I can't find now. Icicles formed on my laptop from the frostiness.

• Love 4

Jumping in to say that, based on the Flash panel, Grant and Candice get along just fine.  When he wasn't answering questions he was doing one of two things: giggling with Tom or whispering to Candice.  Now, he did giggle with Tom about 75% of the time, so it wasn't an even split but the whispered chats with Candice would result in both smiling at each other.  They're fine.

• Love 4