Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Coming up in about half an hour at SDCC...

Thursday, July 19 • 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Shattering Stereotypes: Badass Female Scientists in the Lab and on the Screen

With the success of Black Panther and television shows such as Timeless, The Flash, Arrow, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., female scientists are becoming more and more prominent in pop culture. The Fleet Science Center, local female scientists, and the creative teams behind some of the most popular movies and television shows discuss what it means to be a woman in science and how important it is to give future generations of scientists and creative minds the opportunity to see themselves represented in different roles in society. Panelists include Monica Owusu-Breen (producer, writer, Midnight Texas, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Fringe, Alias), Sarah Tarkoff (writer, executive story editor, Arrow, Sinless), Nora Zuckerman (co-executive producer, writer, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Suits, Haven, Human Target, Fringe), Maria Ferrari (executive producer, writer, The Big Bang Theory), Dr. Alison Coil (professor of physics, Ingrid and Joseph W. Hibben chair, associate dean for Equity, diversity, and inclusion and faculty equity advisor, division of physical sciences, University of California San Diego), Dr. Elena Blanco-Suarez (research associate, post-doctoral researcher, neuroscience), and Shirley Deese (engineer senior engineer of systems and software in aerospace systems and chairperson, San Diego professional chapter: National Society of Black Engineers).

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/event/FQmm

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

'Candice Patton, Caity Lotz, & Women of The CW’s Arrowverse Launch Shethority, a Platform for Women’s Stories'

“Shetority is an online global collective,” in Lotz’s words. “Its whole purpose is just to create a community for women to be able to talk about and share their experiences.” Patton explained: “The idea we had when we created it was just simply female empowerment. Having the authority over your female self. We wanted to create a space, for young girls especially, to share their experience and connect with each other.”

After that first hike, Patton and Lotz shared the idea with other women of The CW’s Arrowverse while filming a multi-show crossover event, and Shethority became a super group of super women including Lotz and Patton, as well as Melissa Benoist and Chyler Leigh of Supergirl; Katie Cassidy, Juliana Harkavy, and Emily Bett Richards of Arrow; Danielle Panabaker of The Flash; and Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Tala Ashe of Legends of Tomorrow.

The group had big ideas for Shethority from the beginning, but knew they had to start small. Lotz explained, “If you wait to do something perfect, or to have it all figured out, you might never do it, which is why we started the Instagram.” The Shethority Instagram, as well as other social media platforms, allowed them to connect with fans, and more importantly, share and amplify the audience’s stories.

• Love 2

I think the thing I’m most excited about from SDCC is seeing the new Young Justice trailer tomorrow.  (Well, that and seeing what Voltron S7 spoilers come out tomorrow).  I feel like going back and rewatching the show all over again right now.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Ugh - what's wrong with some people?...

Considering the CW called Emily up due to death threats from presumably the same types of people it's not all that surprising to me.  I'm glad the guys safe though. 

• Love 2

This is interesting:

‘Iron Man’ At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau

“It’s Marvel’s universe,” one rival executive told me recently. “We just live in it.”

It is hard to imagine Marvel’s run stretches back only a decade, but it all began on May 2, 2008, when Paramount released Iron Man, launching Marvel as a real studio. Released by Paramount, it grossed $585 million worldwide. It created a fresh narrative for Robert Downey Jr, eventually making his struggle with addiction a footnote in his life as he rode the character to become one of the best paid actors in Hollywood. It established that Jon Favreau belonged in the event film sandbox, despite the failure of the Jumanji sequel Zathura. And it set Marvel’s Kevin Feige on an unparalleled run of success as gatekeeper of the Marvel Comics Universe.

“When you talk about Marvel’s rise, Iron Man set the tone of all of it,” said Joe Russo, who with brother Anthony directed this summer’s Avengers: Infinity War and the second installment that comes next summer. Downey’s Iron Man character was a key component in their Captain America: Civil War and the two Avengers sequels that were set up by that film. “I remember coming out of a midnight screening and as a comic fan feeling that visual effects had reached a point where my imagination as a comics fan could realistically be rendered on a movie screen for the first time.” Said Anthony Russo: “It was like watching The Lord of the Rings, so wonderfully done, thrilling and exhilarating that I’ll never forget the feeling of wishing we were playing in this zone as filmmakers.”

I got to spend time in 2007 with Feige, Downey and Favreau on the set in Playa Vista, CA set of Iron Man, and can share for the first time their hopes and dreams, in their own words. None could have dreamed the profound impact the film would have on their lives and careers.

• Love 3

And in case anyone hadn’t heard, the Disney/Comcast bidding war for Fox is over:

After months of dueling with Disney for ownership of the majority of 21st Century Fox, Comcast has pulled out of the battle, ceding the prize and ending one of the highest-stakes duels in media history.

“Comcast does not intend to pursue further the acquisition of the Twenty-First Century Fox assets and, instead, will focus on our recommended offer for Sky,” the company said in a statement.

The concession gives Disney, subject to shareholder and regulatory approval, Fox’s film and TV studio, major properties including X-Men, Avatar and Deadpool a suite of cable networks including FX and National Geographic and a 30% stake in Hulu. Already one of Hulu’s owners, Disney will now control 60% of the burgeoning streaming service, offering it some intriguing new options.

That trailer for Titans was so insanely, hilariously dark and broody, its like it was directed by Lego Batman. "DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!" Some of it looks cool, especially the stuff with Raven, but it mostly looks like its trying too hard. Like its trying to do its own spin on The Punisher or Daredevil, but with Dick Greyson, of all people. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

I saw this on my twitter feed but have no idea what's going on - anyone able to give context?

Some people dug up some really offensive old tweets by James Gunn from 2010. Lots of rape jokes and edgelord-type stuff. Gunn's response is that he used to post stuff for attention back then and is a very different person now.

(edited)

Three audition videos for Kate/Batwoman - same audition scenes, with minor dialogue variations (I've transcribed the first audition video and then added some of the dialogue variations in brackets from the other audition videos) - the first scene is with an unidentified villain, and the second scene is at a restaurant with a female date...

Chasty Ballesteros_Batwoman_Kate_Arrow_The Flash_Supergirl
Posted: July 19, 2018, by KC Talent

Batwoman (Kate) - Lyla Porter-Follows
Posted: July 20, 2018, by Lyla Porter-Follows

Kate Kane Audition - Brooke Lee - R
Posted: July 20, 2018   Queensland Headshots

Audition Scene 1:
Voice (off-screen): "Looks like a bat, smells like a bat, and yet, still not Batman. You get that a lot?"
CB: "Where is he?"
Voice: "Batman?"
CB: "Um-hmm."
Voice: "I thought that was the whole point of the big gaudy floodlight. Flip it on and - poof - a hero telegram."
CB: "So I'm new to this. Do all the other good guys indulge in this side of you? Because, really, who has the time?"
Voice: "Good point. [Point taken.]"
CB: "Yeah."
Voice: "Let's get down to business. First, tell me why you care. Is it because A) you're tired [terrified] of being Gotham's hero du jour or B) all of the above?"
CB: "C) He's the only one [person] who'll maybe convince me not to kill you?"
Voice: "Uh, uh, uh. Murder is a 'no-no' per the Batcode article 2, section 8."
CB: "Hmm. True. But, like you said, I'm not Batman." (Points knife at other speaker)
Voice: "No. Batman knows where the carotid is located. You're a teeny touch to the left, dear."
CB: "I'm not interested in your carotid. I'm interested in puncturing your larynx and rendering you speechless for the rest of your life. What's wrong? The idea of insanity is less fun without words? Tell me where he is, or I'll sharpen this eyeliner with your voicebox." 
Voice: "Siberia."
CB: "Get specific."
Voice: "The border of Kazakhstan. That's all I know."
CB: "Anyone teach you how to properly apply eyeliner? [Anyone ever tell you the secret to applying eyeliner? You just - (makes jabbing gesture).]"

Audition Scene 2:
CB: "Sorry, when I made the reservation, I didn't realize we'd be having [I was taking us to] dinner in 1959."
Voice (off-screen): "Are you kidding? I'm loving this place."
CB: "Really?"
Voice: "Yeah. I feel like I want to smoke a cigar and objectify someone."
CB: "Preferably me. And preferably after dessert. Because they have molten lava cake."
Voice: "Oh. We'll see who lasts until dessert."
Second Voice (off-screen): "Pardon the interruption, ladies. But unfortunately, sneakers are not permitted in the dining area."
CB: "Oh, these? They're not sneakers. They're super rare Jordan Retro 1 High OGs. But, you wouldn't know that, [Not that anyone could tell,] seeing as they're hidden underneath the table."
Second Voice: "Regardless. They are a violation of our dress code."
CB: "Cool. I have a pair of boots in the car I'll just change into, [I have some boots in my car. I'll go get them,] so that everyone feels comfortable."
Second Voice: "Or perhaps, you'd enjoy our lounge outside [instead]."
CB: "Because it's dark and dead and less likely to offend people? No, thanks. I'm good right here."
Voice: "Maybe we should, uh, we should just go?"
CB: "We will. As soon as this man admits that my shoes are only offensive [the only thing offensive about my sneakers is] because I'm here dating a woman."
Second Voice: "Okay. Now I'm afraid I need to ask you to leave."
CB: You sure 'afraid' is the word that you're looking for [you want to use]? Because 'afraid' means wondering whether you're going to be treated less than every time you go out for dinner. 'Afraid' is being a woman and walking around alone anywhere. 'Afraid' is existing as [is being] anything other than a straight white man in the year 2018. So what you meant to say is that you feel privileged to ask us to leave [So I think, what you meant to say is that you have the privilege of asking us to leave], to which I am responding, she will have the fillet and I will have the branzino. And we'll have [we will be happy to accept] two glasses of your best [finest] Scotch on the house. In lieu of calling [a phone call to] the ACLU, of course." 
Second Voice: "And did you want that cake?"
CB: "Oh, no. We'll just go home and have sex."

ETA: Looks like Lyla Porter-Follows has privatized her video since I originally watched it.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Geoff Johns on 'Shazam,' 'Stargirl' and Life After Being DC Creative Boss
JULY 19, 2018 5:49pm PT by Graeme McMillan
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/geoff-johns-shazam-stargirl-life-being-dc-creative-boss-1128625

The new Stargirl series for DC Universe wasn’t the only piece of news Geoff Johns had for San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday. During his spotlight panel, moderated by DC publisher Dan DiDio, Johns also revealed that his upcoming Shazam comic book series would see him reunited with his former Justice Society of America artist, Dale Eaglesham.

Johns talked to The Hollywood Reporter about the new comic book series, launching in November, as well as the other projects on his plate right now: The continuing Watchmen follow-up Doomsday Clock, his mystery Three Jokers comic book series and the Stargirl show.
Stargirl, that’s got to be very exciting. I don’t want to say she’s your signature character, but she’s always been a character that’s been very close to your heart, that is very much “yours.” How long has this been in the works?
I’ve been wanting to do it for awhile, and the truth is, over the last few years as I’d been talking to Warners and DC about getting back to wanting to write and produce, this was something that was at the very top of my list. I’ve been working with Greg and Sarah over at Berlanti TV, and with Warner TV — I mean, I’ve been working with them for years. It’s been great. I get to work with my team at DC in a more creative way.

It’s been in my head for awhile, and once I made the move at DC, it came together pretty quickly.

It feels like the perfect next step for you.
It’s cool; it’s going to take the Stars and STRIPE comic, the Justice Society comic, and merge it into one thing and tonally, it’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Buffy the Vampire Slayer along with the [comic] books. We’re bringing a lot of the legacy stuff into it, a lot of the stuff James Robinson did with the Justice Society. I love all of that, his JSA: The Golden Age series, launching the [1999 series] JSA… I’ve always wanted to do a series based on Stars and STRIPE, so it’s really exciting.

It’s a story about a combined family, and a young girl in school — it takes place in high school; I don’t think we see a lot of superhero shows in high schools… I’m not sure there is another superhero show that takes place in high school; I love that, you know? There’s going to be good guys and bad guys. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
How are you juggling all this? You’re writing three comic book series, showrunning and producing a new series for DC Universe…
Well, I don’t have to go to marketing meetings and boardrooms anymore! [Laughs] That’s actually true! I don’t have to oversee 25 people — I have a smaller production company now. I’m really energized. Like, when I get unlocked from other stuff, I really want to fill [that time] up.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This is funny...

Hilary Swank, Jodie Foster, more audition for Batgirl in Conan spoof
NICK ROMANO July 20, 2018 at 08:50 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/20/batgirl-hilary-swank-jodie-foster-wanda-sykes-conan-obrien/

While DC fans are dream-casting the role of Batwoman in the newly announced CW series or Batgirl in that film Joss Whedon dropped out of, Conan O’Brien has his own picks in mind.

In another one of his Comic-Con parody videos, the Conan host gathered Hilary Swank, Wanda Sykes, Jodie Foster, Tig Notaro, Kristen Schaal, Netflix’s Nailed It! host Nicole Byer, Maria Bamford, and even some male contenders for a spoof audition. These aren’t the days of Alicia Silverstone in 1997’s Batman and Robin. Batgirl is a coveted role now.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

More Batwoman casting details (ugh, more daddy issues)..

EXCLUSIVE: Batwoman Series Casting & Episode Details For Arrowverse Crossover 
Andy Behbakht  July 18, 2018
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/exclusive-batwoman-casting-episode-details-arrowverse/

That Hashtag Show is proud to unveil fresh casting details for the actual Batwoman role as well as some brief information on Kate’s appearance. TV Line revealed yesterday that the actress they are seeking is to be between the age of 25-29, as well as being openly gay and of any ethnicity. Now onto what you need to know about this version of Kate.

Kate is fully aware of how bad-ass she is whenever she enters a room, even though she prefers to put a smile on your face. Young Ms. Kane is physically and intellectually confident while being a woman who is proud to be openly gay. However, Kate still deals with her inner demons that go back to her history with her dad. Their relationship is quite complicated as she struggles to get praise from him. She once aspired to have a successful military career, but those dreams sadly came to an end as she was kicked out of West Point once she came out of the closet. But that didn’t stop her from becoming the crime-fighting vigilante known as Batwoman. Striking fear into the criminals she fights, Kate is someone who must also fight the complications of living a double life, both as a citizen and hero of Gotham. While she has her shield up when fighting criminals, she lets herself be vulnerable when dating women. Being eyed for a pilot option, whoever plays Kate is being listed as a recurring guest star, making us hope we will see her in the shows after the crossover too.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Batwoman’: 5 reasons to be excited for Kate Kane on The CW
WRITTEN BY CAITLIN KELLY | 4:00 PM EDT, JULY 19, 2018
https://www.hypable.com/batwoman-5-reasons-to-be-excited/

While the Arrowverse has numerous LGBTQ+ characters — including Sara Lance, Alex Danvers, Anissa Pierce, John Constantine, Curtis Holt, Ava Sharpe, The Ray, Leo Snart and Captain Singh — but none of them are leads in live action (The Ray has an animated series on CW Seed). Sara comes closest as the captain of the Waverider, but Legends of Tomorrow is an ensemble show.
While Kate’s sexuality is important to her story, her sexuality is not her only defining feature. Her relationship with her father, for instance, is key to her character development in the comics; her father helps her train to become a vigilante and provides her with a suit and gadgets.
It’s regularly been said that the Green Arrow is The CW’s Batman. This is not far from the mark (pun intended) considering the numerous villains Arrow has borrowed, particularly Ra’s al Ghul.

Gotham and Bruce Wayne have been mentioned or hinted at in various ways in the Arrowverse, but Batwoman’s presence will be the first solid connection to the Bat-family in the Arrowverse. This will be the first time we see Gotham in the Arrowverse.
Since The Flash started the Arrowverse spin-off trend, we’ve seen an increasing number of powered heroes, from metahumans to aliens. Kate, however, is more in line with Oliver because she does not have powers.
While powers can be fun, there is something unique to seeing non-powered heroes holding their own with their own skills and wits against villains, some of whom are powered and some of whom aren’t. The action sequences on Arrow can be incredible as Oliver relies on his skills and tools.

Kate will be the first openly queer lead
Kate has daddy issues and other personal struggles
Kate will be played by an out lesbian actress
Batwoman brings the Bat-family to the Arrowverse
Kate is a non-meta hero

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

With DC Universe And The Weirdly Brutal 'Titans,' DC Is Trying To Have It All
Paul Tassi   Jul 19, 2018,
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/07/19/with-dc-universe-and-the-weirdly-brutal-titans-dc-is-trying-to-have-it-all/#308727017608

Teen Titans, in all its animated forms, has always been skewed at a younger crowd, but it seems DC wants to run in a totally opposite direction here, a TV-MA version of the classic squad that I don’t think many people saw coming.

I don’t know if this will work. The trailer is almost hilariously brutal and gritty, including the already-infamous “f--- Batman” line, like it was cooked up in a lab to check certain boxes. Marvel’s Punisher show? Sure, you expect Frank Castle to be a hard-R kind of hero. But Robin? Raven? Beast Boy? Uh, not as much.
It seems like DC is positioning themselves a certain way in the superhero market. Unlike Marvel, which tries to pretend like all its movies and shows are in the same cinematic universe, DC now seems to be very clearly splitting into three parts for three very different audiences.
The Arrowverse
The CW’s vast web of DC shows continues to expand without signs of slowing or stopping. It’s already up to Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Black Lightning, and this week we received word that we’re going to be adding a Batwoman show to the mix as well. There are now more CW superhero shows than there are weekdays.

I’m hesitant to call the Arrowverse the “lightest” take on DC characters, because shows like Arrow and Black Lightning can get pretty brutal, while Legends, The Flash and Supergirl are a little less gritty. I have a hunch Batwoman is going to fall in the former camp rather than the latter. But this is also, arguably, the most successful part of DC’s content offerings at this point. It’s simply amazing that we are now up to six Arrowverse shows without even one of them being cancelled. It’s something like 200 hours of content to this point, and that’s only going to increase as six seasons of shows march forward.
The DCEU
DC’s cinematic universe may rake in more cash than the Arrowverse, due to its global presence and box office receipts, but I don’t think anyone would say it’s in a terribly healthy position at this point. Unlike Marvel with its parade of nearly non-stop superhero hits, DC’s latest films are more likely to range from terrible (Suicide Squad, Batman V Superman) to mediocre (Justice League, Man of Steel), with so far only one truly great film among them (Wonder Woman).

Audiences have no idea what to expect when they get into a DC film at this point. James Wan’s Aquaman could be brilliant or terrible, for instance. But the direction of the film family seems lost, with a bizarre range of upcoming movies on deck, from the goofy-looking Shazam, to the anticipated Wonder Woman 1984 to left-field propositions like a Joaquin Phoenix Joker origins movie. It’s all over the place.
DC Universe
And now we add DC Universe into the mix, going for…I’m not quite sure really, but probably the most dedicated DC audience who is willing to subscribe to an actual DC content service. The idea here seems to be that the most dedicated DC fanboys are older and want to see things like Robin murdering people, perhaps, though I’m not sure if that will end up being a miscalculation or not.

The actual quality of these offerings is unknown at this point, but it takes more than blood and guts to make something special. Marvel’s Punisher, for instance, was unflinchingly brutal, but that wasn’t the core reason why the show worked, as it told a human story with a compelling performance from lead Jon Bernthal. The gore and cursing didn’t making it good, it was good already, and the hard-R stuff just let it feel “true” to the Punisher. Since Teen Titans has never really been a TV-MA type of series (pardon me if there are some ultra-brutal comics I don’t know about), I’m not quite sure if the blood and f--- Batmans will add something this kind of show would otherwise be missing.
I hope Titans is good, good enough to tempt me into subscribing to DC Universe for it, at least. But it’s going to need more than being “edgy” to make an impact, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by tv echo

Seems strange that their currently developing Batwoman and Titans is about to air yet Steph and Tim are going to randomly be on earth-38 with no connection to anyone. 

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

However, Kate still deals with her inner demons that go back to her history with her dad. Their relationship is quite complicated as she struggles to get praise from him.

Scarily, this relates to real life. There has been research that found that women who lost their fathers when young or who didn't get their approval if they were alive did much better in terms of career achievements.

30 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Seems strange that their currently developing Batwoman and Titans is about to air yet Steph and Tim are going to randomly be on earth-38 with no connection to anyone. 

I think Tim/Steph will be reserved for Batwoman and be part of her supporting cast.

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think Tim/Steph will be reserved for Batwoman and be part of her supporting cast.

Here's hoping.   Also here's hoping that they get the casting right.   I really wouldn't be able to forgive them if they fuck up two of my three favourite characters. 

Yeah, that's weird. So, Dinah and Rene get parts but Curtis, Cisco, Caitlin, and Wally (not to mention the other Legends, but I'm just going for the comic characters here since that's what the angle was) weren't? And it was all just to a promo for Batwoman?

• Love 3

Remember when they did an Olicity blitz before S3 and S4 and ratings and buzz was really good?

I’m baffled as to why they highlight characters who were dragged by fans and critics. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Good article.  I liked what they said here. 

One of the most memorable moments in Iron Man came when the film jettisoned all of the baggage of a secret identity. When Tony Stark admits to a packed press conference that he is Iron Man, it flouted 40 years of Marvel Comics tradition, but fans didn’t seem to mind a bit. The line was not scripted — it was a Downey ad-lib — so it took a measure of courage to include it. The audience reaction gave Marvel Studios the confidence to do it again when they brought Thor to the screen (in decades of Marvel Comics, he had a secret identity as Dr. Donald Blake) and to make other fundamental changes to characters without fretting about fan backlash.

Feige told me by phone last week that this was a pivotal early point in the Marvel Studios history that echoes still.

“That success inspired us to go further in the trusting ourselves to find balance of staying true to the comics and the spirit of the comics but not being afraid to adapt and evolve and to change things,” Feige said. “It’s a fine line. If you’re changing something for no reason, that’s one thing, but if you’re changing something because you want to double-down on the spirit of who the character is? That’s a change we’ll make. Tony Stark not reading off the card and not sticking with the fixed story? Him just blurting out ‘I am Iron Man?’ That seems very much in keeping with who that character is. It just hadn’t been done in the comics before, but it was something very much in keeping with the comics character and what he could have done. I think it did inspire us on all the movies. What I love now — 20 movies in — is how fans expect the MCU to change and adapt. They expect us to be inspired by the comics as opposed to being slavishly devoted to them.”

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, that's weird. So, Dinah and Rene get parts but Curtis, Cisco, Caitlin, and Wally (not to mention the other Legends, but I'm just going for the comic characters here since that's what the angle was) weren't? And it was all just to a promo for Batwoman?

Someone high up must really love Wild Dog.  

• Love 3

They really seem to be going with the "We will beat you repeatedly with the shit you hate until you submit to it one day as you wait for one scene with your favourite character."

Sometimes I almost feel like it does work for them. We are all here, waiting to get a glimpse of Felicity aren't we? 

Until there are crickets it seems like they will keep doing what they are doing. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Here’s the Young Justice Outsiders trailer.  About the first half is a recap of S2.

I need it back in my life! 7 episodes are complete at the moment so if they start in Oct and one a week that'd be perfect instead of making me wait until 2019. 

• Love 2

Every year the San Diego blood bank holds a blood drive at the Con. Well, in one of the hotels next to the Con so everyone can go. They give us snacks and swag as a thank you. It’s typically a shirt, raffle ticket and comic book but, sometimes we get a second bag. This is one of those years. 

E5A57B39-B1AD-4AB4-8132-34EBB65570D8.jpeg

6A941466-8366-450C-9FDD-E069AD1998FB.jpeg

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I need it back in my life! 7 episodes are complete at the moment so if they start in Oct and one a week that'd be perfect instead of making me wait until 2019. 

How many episodes is the season supposed to be?  

Personally, I don’t want to watch it weekly though.  I want to be able to binge-watch it.  So I might wait until it’s done and then sign up for one month and watch it all at once.  Is that cheating? :/

I do wonder though.....they put such a heavy emphasis on Artemis and Wally in the S2 recap portion of the trailer.  It’s probably just wishful thinking, but I wonder if that means anything as far as them bringing Wally back.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

How many episodes is the season supposed to be?  

Personally, I don’t want to watch it weekly though.  I want to be able to binge-watch it.  So I might wait until it’s done and then sign up for one month and watch it all at once.  Is that cheating? :/

I do wonder though.....they put such a heavy emphasis on Artemis and Wally in the S2 recap portion of the trailer.  It’s probably just wishful thinking, but I wonder if that means anything as far as them bringing Wally back.  

S4 is 26 episodes.

I'd rather binge it but im just hungry for new episodes lol. While I think that the plan is to bring Wally back, I dont think it'll be in S4, they already have a lot of seasons planned out and dont seem interested in deviating from their plan no matter what.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

Blood donating in the USA is so different from here. I read somewhere that you can get paid to donate blood? Is that actually true?

I'm pretty sure its true, though you get way more money donating your plasma. 

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm pretty sure its true, though you get way more money donating your plasma. 

Definitely plasma - I remember some friends in college doing it for extra money.  Not sure about blood though. 

7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They really seem to be going with the "We will beat you repeatedly with the shit you hate until you submit to it one day as you wait for one scene with your favourite character."

"One, Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Poochie's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Poochie"? Three--"

• Love 8
(edited)

Why Batwoman Is a Great Fit for The CW’s Arrowverse
BY EVAN VALENTINE      JULY 20, 2018
http://collider.com/batwoman-tv-show-arrowverse/

So with all that being said, and with Batwoman’s introduction to the CW confirmed with both an appearance in their annual crossover event and her own series, what makes her a better addition to the Arrowverse than Bruce Wayne? Kate Kane brings a lot of the same things to the table that Bruce Wayne does, but in all honesty, we already have a pretty good example of Bruce Wayne in the Arrowverse in the form of Oliver Queen. Green Arrow’s career has made him closer to the Dark Knight than any other character on the CW, even going so far as to making Ra’s Al Ghul—one of Batman’s biggest villains—his own. What Batwoman offers, though, is a military background as well as a crime fighting career that focuses a tad more on the “supernatural” rather than the street-level fights that we’ve seen so much of on the CW. Batwoman fights werewolves, vampires, and other kooky supernatural threats on the regular, spawning from the “Religion of Crime” and all the strange, darker sides of Gotham. With her military training, and her father still watching her back and mentoring her, there’s a lot there to explore in a new series.

Batwoman also would act as a nice juxtaposition to Supergirl’s bright and cheery world, perhaps even taking place in Supergirl‘s alternate dimension rather than the one where Arrow and The Flash exist. But at the end of the day, in the comic book world, there’s just no place like Gotham City. Star City and Central City may have their own unique personalities, but being able to introduce the home of the likes of the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, and Poison Ivy would open up an entirely new storylines for the CW to explore. Each DCTV series on The CW offers something unique to viewers: Legends of Tomorrow leans hard into bonkers time-traveling adventures, Arrow gives a streetwise view of crime fighting, Supergirl explores the extraterrestrial, Black Lightning focuses on family dynamics, and The Flash is filled with meta-powered humans. Batwoman could give us a mix of a ground-level detective world alongside the “out there” world of the supernatural with the “Crime Bible,” werewolves, and so on. Ultimately, Kate would be a great addition to the DCTV world on the CW, especially as the first “out” superhero to lead her own live-action show. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

HOW GREEN LANTERN CORPS WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM THE FIRST GREEN LANTERN MOVIE - COMIC-CON 2018
Tom Marks  July 21, 2018
http://nordic.ign.com/super-hero/17143/news/how-green-lantern-corps-will-be-different-from-the-first-gre

Speaking with IGN during our Comic-Con 2018 live show, DC’s Geoff Johns said the upcoming Green Lantern Corps movie will “reinvent” the character’s movie presence.

“It’s a complete re-imagining, just like I did Green Lantern: Rebirth in the comics,” Johns said. He explained that the big differences were more than just the fact that it will star John Stewart alongside Hal Jordan.
Johns likened it to Green Lantern: Rebirth more than once, so it could be that it will follow some of that run’s plot points as well. He even said “if you’ve read my Green Lantern run… it’s very much in line with some stuff we did in there.”

That all said, the script doesn’t seem to be locked in quite yet. “I’m going to be hopefully delivering a script that Warner loves and DC likes and they want to make it,” Johns explained, saying it’s “going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way.”

Edited by tv echo

Black Lightening panel just ended. Lots of fun. They announced that Khalil will be a regular in season 2 but mostly talked about what they brought to their roles and what the show means to them and us. Salim thanked everyone for watching and is hoping to see lots of Black Lightning, Thunder, and Lightning costumes at Halloween. He also talked about how critics said that Jefferson should be in his twenties and that white audiences wouldn’t watch and he’s grateful that the audience is proving them wrong. 

Cress’ former costume teacher from his old theater program asked a question and he was delighted. She asked if his theater background helps him with Jefferson and he confirmed that it does since it gave him a strong foundation. 

When it ended they all ran to the edge of the stage and took pictures and video of us. I love it when the actors are having just as much fun as the rest of us. 

• Love 13