Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

If it's done tastefully and tragically  (eg in Doomworld all the heroes are being killed off) I'd be ok with it. But I still can't watch my Felicity get beat up though. 

The fact that they went through the effort of getting her a costume and promoting her appearance to me is a good sign that she won't get beaten up too bad. I imagine a physical fight, but I'm sure she will hold her own even if she loses.

With CL's plea not to hate her, my first thought was just that she knocks her out but I can see how they'd enjoy pushing the Doom in Doomworld by offing a fan favorite.   It won't bother me if that happens.  Everything will be fixed by the end and we'll get to see Felicity like never before.  It's all good.  I bet EBR had fun playing in that part of the sandbox, no matter how it ends. 

• Love 2

I don't watch LOT but I am tuning in for Felicity, even if it's a tiny scene. However, even if they write amazing material for Felicity, I probably won't be back. I find that the episodes I've seen haven't endeared me to any of the characters. I enjoy the little bit of Amaya I saw but the rest just don't interest me. It's odd because while I enjoyed Sara on Arrow back in s2, I didn't enjoy her on LOT last season or the eps I've seen this season. That said, I don't dislike her either, I just don't care which took me by surprised because I watched season 1 for her. Same for Ray, I didn't care for him on Arrow but I feel like he had more umph (can't think of another word). I like shows that have more character focus and I just haven't seen that there. But I am speaking for myself only, so I am a Felicity fan that will tune in for her but I won't tune back in until she, Diggle, Iris or someone else I care about crossover.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, kismet said:

The fact that they went through the effort of getting her a costume and promoting her appearance to me is a good sign that she won't get beaten up too bad. I imagine a physical fight, but I'm sure she will hold her own even if she loses.

Eh, they've done some fairly elaborate costumes for one-off characters. Just the fact that it's fan favorite Felicity works in her favor more than anything else. On the other hand, it's Guggenheim, sooo.....

• Love 1

I think the difference is that MG seems to actually like Felicity/EBR. I think it's going to be a fan service moment. Felicity is a superhero who gets a cool moment before being taken out by the "villains" of the show. 

17 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I don't watch LOT but I am tuning in for Felicity, even if it's a tiny scene. However, even if they write amazing material for Felicity, I probably won't be back. I find that the episodes I've seen haven't endeared me to any of the characters. I enjoy the little bit of Amaya I saw but the rest just don't interest me. It's odd because while I enjoyed Sara on Arrow back in s2, I didn't enjoy her on LOT last season or the eps I've seen this season. That said, I don't dislike her either, I just don't care, which took me by surprised because I watched season 1 for her. Same for Ray, I didn't care for him on Arrow but I feel like he had more umph (can't think of another word). I like shows that have more character focus and I just haven't seen that there. But I am speaking for myself only, so I am a Felicity fan that will tune un for her but I won't tune back in until she, Diggle, or someone else I care about crossover.

Same. Flash too. I tune in for the crossover, generally enjoy most aspects (of LOT) but I can't seem to stay with them.

• Love 1

I watch LoT for Ray. I don't mind the others but I watch it for cutie pie Ray.

If I think about it I am actually a lot less irritated with the characters/storylines on LoT, Flash, Supergirl than Arrow but there's zero passion.

Arrow irks me beyond belief sometimes but when it's good it makes me want to hyperventilate and squeeeee to death!

I watch the other stuff and I'm like "That's nice." I squee over Ray's adventures (and Ray in general) but that's it!

I've even tried to work myself into WestAllen because I think it's a lovely ship that is going to have/already has some great moments written for it but it's just not doing it for me. 

• Love 2

I watch LoT because I think it's the best of the Flarrowverse shows but it doesn't grab me the way Arrow does and I don't follow the spoilers avidly.  Arrow is the only show I get emotional about.

I liked Supergirl last season but the emphasis on Mon El and what feels like a shallowness this season has lost me. 

• Love 5

Agreed. Arrow is the only one with the power to rip me up or make me giddy with joy.  I really enjoy LoT a lot and look forward to it in a way I just don't with either Supergirl or The Flash this year (and most of this year Arrow as well, lol) but I'm not caught up in the same way.

Arrow forces me to care in a way the others can't.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9

I am on a wait and see basis. I'm watching LOT for Felicity and if I like it I will binge watch it.  I have always liked Sara so for me it will be interesting to see on this show.

I have never liked the Flash but funny enough I like Barry Allen on Arrow.  He seems different.  I like how Barry and Oliver interact with eachother. 

Was watching FOX last night and they showed a promo for Prison Break, 2 things caught my attention, Miller and Purcell actually seemed to be good again...I remember liking both actors on the show and being horribly disappointed when they showed up on Flash. I've warmed up to Purcell/Mick on LoT (what few episodes I've seen) but, Miller still leaves me cold (no pun intended).  Maybe it was an acting choice but, I can't say it worked for me.

I bring this all up because I found it hilarious that Prison Break's season premiere is opposite LoT's seaon finale. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I bring this all up because I found it hilarious that Prison Break's season premiere is opposite LoT's seaon finale. 

Ha, I was meaning to look up when Prison Break was coming back on because I found it oh so convenient that the show decided now was the best time to have Snart come back to interact with Rory even though they already set up this plot of pre-Flash Snart coming back and joining the Legion of Doom back at SDCC. Not that they would want to support the competing network, but that would give WM more incentive to make sure he was free to do the last few episodes.

Edited by way2interested

Legends finale is airing at 8pm, the Prison Break premiere is at 9pm. Fans can enjoy double time with Wentworth and Purcell without having to choose between the shows. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9

Have they ever had a costume for a regular or recurring character that was specially designed and illustrated by Maya Mani and Andy Poon in the Arrowverse and then used in only one episode of one show?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Have they ever had a costume for a regular or recurring character that was specially designed and illustrated by Maya Mani and Andy Poon in the Arrowverse and then used in only one episode of one show?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that wasn't a one time recurring villain. 

Caity could've meant that she fights Felicity and land a punch or two against her. I don't mind that because either way I get to see Felicity fighting and being bad ass. And these villains tend to get an upper-hand against the heroes unless its the last scene anyways.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Legends finale is airing at 8pm, the Prison Break premiere is at 9pm. Fans can enjoy double time with Wentworth and Purcell without having to choose between the shows. 

Oh they moved LoT up? That's cool.

9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Arrow forces me to care in a way the others can't.  

I totally agree. LoT is my favorite Arrowverse show, its the best written, most consistent, and most fun of the shows, and its the one I look forward to the most, but Arrow is the one I'm the most emotionally invested in. I've been watching it the longest, the characters stick with me the most, and its the one that can really make me rage, cry, or squee the most. LoT might get their eventually though. I am pretty invested in the characters at this point, but Arrow still wins. It pisses me off more, but only because I care!

I like Supergirl and The Flash and I watch them every week, but they just haven't been grabbing me as much this season. I don't really hunt for spoilers or get super emotional about them. I still get excited when something good happens, or annoyed when something stupid happens, but not like with Arrow, or even LoT.

• Love 7

I think Arrow is probably always going to be the type of show that attracts more emotional investment, after all it's a much more emotional show. Think about them all being stranded in awful time periods for a while vs Oliver descent into Purgatory/Hell which has been going on for 5 years in flashbacks and all the other arcs. No contest really. Though I was glad that Sara's Bloodlust wasn't forgotten and dealt with. Ray had the best line with "But instead we get to be tortured and executed in Nanda "can't believe I'm back here" Parbat. Matt Nable did some of his better work as Ra's, he correctly identified them as from the future and sensibly told them to get the F out of their ASAP. Also that exchange between him and Sara was nice and goes some way to explaining parts of Arrow S3 (retroactively).  But someone took note of what didn't work in S1 Hawks, Savage etc and got rid of them. As I said LOD was pure genius, I'm especially pleased for Matt Lescher since TC rightly got most of the credit for RF in Flash S1 but he's given a chance to show his chops here. Wasn't a massive fan of the Spear as McGuffin but it just about works on a more goofy show. And Arthur Darvill should play Evil more often.

I've pretty much given up on The Flash grr, I wish l liked S3 more. Supergirl is ok but it suffers from no Cat Grant and I'm one of the people who doesn't like Mon-El. In theory I like that Kara has someone who is equal in strength and refugee status/knows about Krypton but is sufficiently different from her and it's not all bad at all but they way they've written it, urgh.

• Love 1

They've written Kara/Mon El as a bad tween romance, IMO.

5 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

I have never liked the Flash but funny enough I like Barry Allen on Arrow.  He seems different.  I like how Barry and Oliver interact with each other. 

On Arrow, Barry gets treated like a normal person and responsible for his actions.  On The Flash, he's lauded (Jitters coffee!) and needs constant pep talks. They even dragged Felicity into it this season.

• Love 5

While the Legion is in charge here, ultimately the real overlord within Doomworld is the Reverse-Flash, who came up with the plan to obtain the Spear of Destiny in the first place — though he has other goals in mind. “The primary objective is to release himself from the Black Flash,” Letscher says. “Once the Black Flash is erased from existence, then he can focus on his original mission with Barry (Grant Gustin). I don’t know how or when that might play out at any time, so I can’t enlighten you in any way, but everything that’s been holding him up all season long is gone in the blink of an eye and it’s working out exactly how he hoped it might.”

Naturally, not everyone within the Legion will be happy that Reverse-Flash has the ultimate power here. “There’s a loose alliance,” Letscher says. “Fiefdoms is a good way to put it, but the person in charge, the ultimate governor of it all is Thawne, and Darhk and Merlyn are subservient to him for a number of reasons. Having ultimate control, really he is — to borrow an overused phrase — the master of his domain at this point. He calls all the shots. He has literally written people’s roles for them in this reality and the next step might be that he rewrites reality so that he is The Flash or something like that. The sky’s the limit. But for now, having total control over everyone, including the rest of the Legion of Doom and the Legends, is just a dream come true.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/27/legends-tomorrow-doomsworld-spoilers/

• Love 1

Whoever is revealed under that mask will certainly change the show moving forward. “It impacts everybody and makes them question everything that they’ve known for the past three seasons,” EP Aaron Helbing says. As Team Flash — and therefore the viewers — inch closer to that fateful night where Iris (Candice Patton) is destined to die, Helbing also teases that the ultimate showdown is “going to be incredibly emotional and epic at the same time — not epic in a grand scale, but epic in how it impacts everybody.”

Whether Barry will be able to save Iris or not, the finale is slated to catch up to that grim future we’ve glimpsed several times over the last few episodes. “Now you’re going to see how everything unfolds and it’s going to be a little bit different than what you’ve seen,” EP Todd Helbing says, cautioning, “Time is harder to change than even Barry realizes.”

Asked to tease one thing about the finale, Kreisberg offers: “You’re definitely going to cry.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/27/flash-savitar-identity-spoilers/

I'm right there with you Mellowyellow. I knew it wasn't tonight, but I had to remind myself like 30 times that LoT is tomorrow, not tonight! I'm so looking forward to this episode, its kind of embarrassing.

• Love 4

I will make an effort to see LoT and look fwd to it every week. It is the best of the Flarrowverse shows and I will really be bummed out when it goes away.

I feel like I will always be more emotionally attached to Arrow. But I've broken a lot of the bonds that used to tie me to the show. Besides this forum and following some arrow fans on twitter, I've stopped following a lot of Arrow online, in person and even fan fiction. I've even fallen behind on the episodes and really haven't missed it. The previously on are usually enough for me now. I used to spend hours pondering Arrow and now I barely even know what is going on in the show. I'll tune in when I have time, but I no longer make an effort to see it. However, I'm still angry at the show and the writers, so there is that residual emotional attachment.

I haven't seen Flash or SG since the fall (with the exception of the musical ep 2) and I definitely don't feel like I am missing out on anything. They are probably still whatever quality of show they were last season, but I am just not even casually invested in them anymroe.

• Love 3

About 3 minutes from this panel (includes CL's White Canary-Black Canary comment)...

HVFF 2017 ARROWVERSE TEAM ON STAGE DISCUSSING THE SHOWS
Published on Mar 27, 2017, by prince mojo

Aw, they gave her a costume and bought her on just to kill her! Such fun! Haha.

I'm still looking forward to see her in costume though.

Edited by Guest
17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Aw, they gave her a costume and bought her on just to kill her! Such fun! Haha.

As someone said on twitter, MG puts her in a mask just to have a Canary take her out, which makes her fans that wanted her suited up and her haters happy at the same time.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

As someone said on twitter, MG puts her in a mask just to have a Canary take her out, which makes her fans that wanted her suited up and her haters happy at the same time.

Yeah. I knew something like that would happen tbh. I expect nothing less from MG.

I hope her haters enjoy the gifs of her death! He's really giving them what they want these days!

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They'll always be

tumblr_inline_okejfxah1y1roazaf_500.gif

It's a constant give and take.  

True. But a punch is a little different to actually getting killed. (If that is what's happening, we don't know for sure. Seems like it though.)

Edited by Guest

Honestly. How many times will they kill her? I mean I'm good with it because I REALLY dislike Laurel and the Black Siren. I mean I guess they couldn't make Laurel a villain in s1 for name reasons? I guess? I'm just so confused at this point.

In Doomworld villains get to win (I feel like I'm talking about OUAT) so that means heroes have to suffer.  So I'm ok with it.  Whatever it is.  I just like that we know Eobard has spelled out a world where he got rid of the heroes and even without Oliver or Diggle or Barry around, Felicity still steps up to take her spot. (And their spot, lol)  She's always going to step up, no matter what the circumstances.  I knew that but nice to get extra confirmation.  

• Love 7

Idk I like the idea of Felicity being the last one standing after all the other heroes are gone even if they do kill her off. I don't think it will be anything shady like the BS punch at all.I mean I'll have to see the scene but Felicity being a hero who gets killed by a villain like the rest of her team doesn't sound bad to me, for an alternate reality at least. 

• Love 5

I understand that it fits with the theme of the episode, but I've just seen way too many "fanart" depicting Felicity decapitated and forum threads with posters describing in graphic detail all the brutal ways they want Felicity killed. I'm not comfortable seeing it happen on screen.

• Love 4