Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

It would have been best if Arrow had kept Sara as Black Canary when they had her. It would have saved the show so much trouble in the ensuing years. Now the show's reputation is pretty much in tatters and the Black Canary character has become a red rag for god knows how many television viewers, which is a shame because she's a wonderful character in the BOP comic books. 

I think Sara looks a lot better in black and that the white costume is very unflattering but she doesn't wear it that much and calls herself White Canary even less, so I guess it doesn't really matter now. They should have made her BC when they had her in S2. In fact I think a lot of BTS people actually did refer to her as BC before it became clear KC was going to hang on to the role with her teeth.

1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

It would have been best if Arrow had kept Sara as Black Canary when they had her. It would have saved the show so much trouble in the ensuing years. Now the show's reputation is pretty much in tatters and the Black Canary character has become a red rag for god knows how many television viewers, which is a shame because she's a wonderful character in the BOP comic books. 

But she didn't have the right name, don't you know? Sigh. No wonder they made Tinah, DD, just to avoid the moaning otherwise. CL has mentioned before that she's glad to be out of the quagmire of fans complaining because she was the wrong sister.

And coming late to the party on this, I had no idea that there were so many superhero/comic book pilots this year, I know they're a very popular genre right now but surely they can't all get picked up to series what with the number they already have on air as well.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I guess Felicity loses the fight with Sara and Amaya, that's what the don't be mad at me is for?

I was thinking Sara either beats her up or kills her

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe she seduces her. LOL!

That would be hillariously awesome!

• Love 2

I am absolutely unbothered by the idea of Felicity as a villain defeated by Sara in an alternate universe.  She's a hero on her own show. It was probably a blast for EBR to dress up and be a bad guy.  I'm excited either way.

• Love 3

Okay. Let's say I'm okay in an alternate world with Felicity losing. I didn't realize Sara was a bad guy.  I don't follow this thread that closely and only saw the picture so no idea who they were playing.

Sara probably punches or kills Felicity. Aw, at least her haters will be happy! ;P

It's funny CL was like "Please don't hate me!" Haha.

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

As long as Felicity gives a good showing, I'm ok with her going down in a fight with Sara Lance. That's nothing to be embarrassed about. 

Same. It's also Sara's show so she gets the big moments. 

Now if it's a shade fest like 5x10 with a bunch "you're no hero, whiny, pathetic, blah", then I got a problem.

• Love 9

I don't want Felicity to die on Doomworld!  I want there to be the chance for that version of her to come back again sometime.  Good has to prevail in the end.

I'm okay if Sara just beats her up though.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Same. It's also Sara's show so she gets the big moments. 

Now if it's a shade fest like 5x10 with a bunch "you're no hero, whiny, pathetic, blah", then I got a problem.

If it plays out that way we can yell fan service. LOL! I wouldn't put it past MG.  

Don't care if she gets defeated in a fight (but I don't want her beaten up black and blue), but anything resembling the shade thrown at BS in Arrow 510 and I will light black candles for Legends :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

That was simply Lois being Lois during the Golden Age and much of the early Silver Age.  You're used to the post-feminist Loises that existed from the 90s on.  Amy Adams' take on the character was simply a throwback to Lois as she was originally written.

Thanks so much for the explanation! Will keep that in mind when I watch the other movies released!

ETA: In regards to LoT, it is Sarah's show so I understand her winning but I simply cannot watch my beloved Felicity get beat up. Will probably not watch until you guys tell us how it plays out and avoid it altogether if it's unpleasant.

Edited by Mellowyellow

I like SL, I think she made a good BC, I would not have minded if they had given her back the title. She rarely uses the WC title, so I'm not sure if it matters. I actually like her white costume better than the black one as it seems more practical & less about her breasts. The color is not great, but I like the actual suit design better. But I've given up on caring if she becomes BC again or if it goes to DD. I'm just glad she is the lead on LoT and gets to kick ass but more importantly be a good leader on a regular basis.

As for CL apologizing, I think she is just trying to get buzz for FS's appearance as well as be fan friendly. Plus I really think CL has always liked FS, so any attack on her is not good. To this day, it still bums me out that they did not give them more of an onscreen friendship. Because that would have been awesome!! I don't think she actually kills her. I do think FS will get a serious beat down though. And like others I'll be ok with it so long as FS puts up a good fight.

• Love 4

Yeah, I'm not here to see Felicity get beat up or killed either, even if it's in a Darkest Timeline scenario. I'll resent MG if he's promoting her new costume/mask but just makes her a victim to illustrate how eeeeevil bad Sara is.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

I'm hoping that at least some Felicity fans will come by and check out LoT, because its actually super good now and people wont believe me! I don't want to watch Felicity suit up only to get killed off (even though its an Evil Alternate Universe), but I hope this leads some people to give the show another chance.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I'm hoping that at least some Felicity fans will come by and check out LoT, because its actually super good now and people wont believe me! I don't want to watch Felicity suit up only to get killed off (even though its an Evil Alternate Universe), but I hope this leads some people to give the show another chance.

If the goal is to have Felicity fan's check out the show - and I would assume stay and watch it in the future - having Felicity die and/or get badly beaten would be a stupid move.  So that probably is what happens. 

• Love 1

My yoga class is starting right when LOT airs. For the first time since I dropped Direct TV for PS Vue, I'm bummed I can't DVR the CW. Tis the power of Felicity Smoak. ? I guess I'll have to buy the ep off iTunes. 

47 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Even before the Felicity cameo announcement I was planning to binge watch LoT when it ends up on Netflix after the season ends. But if Felicity ends up humiliated/killed, I'm ditching my plans. I don't care if I'm being petty.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Even before the Felicity cameo announcement I was planning to binge watch LoT when it ends up on Netflix after the season ends. But if Felicity ends up humiliated/killed, I'm ditching my plans. I don't care if I'm being petty.

You're perfectly entitled to make that decision, if you can't be petty in your TV watching, when can you be?

I love both characters and I don't mind in the slightest if Evil!Sara kills Good!Felicity or GoodNotQuite!Felicity or Good!Sara kills/hurts Evil!Felicity/Not!Felicity etc. EBR will probably have had a blast putting on a costume for once and it's a chance for the show to bring in another recognisable face to the Doomworld scenario. Frankly the LOD deserved to get the Spear in many ways, especially after the episode of the same name. I think it will be either that they don't remember what happened after reality is reset or they'll shrug it off as an alternate timeline/bad dream.

Anyway I think it should be a lot more fun appearance than Oliver's "Ray and Sara are my friends but why don't you inexperienced historian go and find them because I don't have the time, I have a city to run! Peace Out" whilst sitting in a damn Timeship, yeah I know IRL reasons, still.

I still can't believe this show has rehabilitated MALCOLM MERYLN for me, how is that possible? He's fantastic.

• Love 8

I have to think at least some of the reason they are bringing Felicity in for this episode is to bring some Arrow/Felicity fans to the show, so killing her off or having her get treated like crap would be REALLY stupid and counterproductive. The LoT writers usually do a pretty good job with using their characters well, so hopefully they can do the same with guest characters!

• Love 3

I don't think FS being beaten by evilSL would be humiliating, considering SL skills. And I rather see that than evilFS working for Darhk. Personally, I would love to see FS a hero in her own right/mask trying to take down evilSL & evilAmaya, get defeated at first and then return with the rest of the good guys and fix the reality/save the day. And hopefully the better writers in LoT that have reigned in MG's bad tendencies for 2 seasons will keep him from squandering this opportunity to bring new fans to show, by having him do something stupid like humiliating FS.

• Love 4

Given that they killed off Caitlin and Cisco's evil costumed doppelgangers on The Flash I feel like that's likely for Felicity's alt-world counterpart on LOT, since they presumably won't return to this world. Personally, I think they'd play it more tragic than humiliating (I'm imagining "The Wish" Buffy episode).

But not really because Cisco & Caitlin both have similar powers and costumes in the new timeline after FP that their evil dopplegangers had - the only difference is they are not currently evil. So I don't think just because Flash killed off the doppelgangers, LoT will follow the same path. The scenarios are different.

23 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I still can't believe this show has rehabilitated MALCOLM MERYLN for me, how is that possible? He's fantastic.

I know right?!?! I was so over him on Arrow, but he's an awesome villain on LoT. Really, that's one of the most impressive parts of LoT to me. Its like the character rehab of the Arrowverse. It took characters that I didn't really care about (Mick Rory), characters I was tired of (Malcolm Merlyn), and characters I actively disliked (Ray Palmer) and made them interesting, fun, or sympathetic. Seriously, if you told me a few years ago I would be invested in the emotional journey of Mick freaking Rory, I would laugh in your face. Plus, it reaffirmed my love of Sara. She didn't need rehab, she just needed to be around even more.

• Love 10

Cisco and Caitlin's were both evil and they were on The Flash.  Felicity on Doomworld is good and it's another MG show.

29 minutes ago, kismet said:

I don't think FS being beaten by evilSL would be humiliating, considering SL skills.

It may not be humiliating but it also wouldn't get those people who tuned in to LoT because Felicity was on to come back for another episode.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Felicity on Doomworld is good and it's another MG show.

It may not be humiliating but it also wouldn't get those people who tuned in to LoT because Felicity was on to come back for another episode.

Is there official confirmation that she is good? All I've heard/seen is that there is a fight between evilSL & alt-FS.

If FS lost, but then was shown to be a hero or given another victory on the episode, I think that should appease most FS viewers. LoT tends to have setbacks for their heroes that they then overcome by the end of the episode. I see a similar trend for the guest stars. It's nice to have FS/EBR guesting on LoT, but I don't see the show bending their ways. And for good or for bad, they have never intentionally humiliated anyone, which is why win or lose I think FS will be handled well by the show.

Honestly, I want more people to watch LoT but I want them invested in the show, which is to take the good with the bad. Turns losses into victories.

Edited by kismet

Not every guest character has a setback they then have to overcome -- look at JRR Tolkein in the last episode.

We'll know soon enough what they will do but I don't think that killing Felicity on LoT is going to endear the show to her fans even if she dies  hero's death..

Edited by statsgirl

This is a world created by villains, none of the characters are supposed to get a happily ever after. If Sara's killing a friend, it's to mess with her. Darkh would want Sara to suffer. Doomworld is about the LoT characters living in their worst nightmares. Maybe killing Felicity will help Sara remember who she is.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Lol I don't give a fuck about Sara remembering who she is, this isn't about that. There are better ways of remembering than killing a character Sara has had less than 10 scenes with. I hope it's not that. 

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Not every guest character has a setback they then have to overcome -- look at JRR Tolkein in the last episode.

We'll know soon enough what they will do but I don't think that killing Felicity on LoT is going to endear the show to her fans even if she dies  hero's death..

True, but some guest stars have had journeys like Lily & the Justice League members. Tolkien was more plot point than guest star. Honestly, I'm not concerned about how they treat FS/EBR. I think they want her fans to watch the show, so I'm sure they will treat her well. And if they don't write her a happy ending and that turns her fans away - so be it, that's their loss. It can't be any worse than when Flash wrote her horrendously when they used her to promote the Atom spin-off. LoT was awesome without FS, it will be when she is off the show. That being said, I do look fwd to her appearance.

• Love 5

We don't even know If Sara kills Felicity, she could just defeat her. Felicity was never going to the save the day on LoT. That is still for characters on the show. 

Sara was killed by characters she barely had any scenes with. I don't why that has anything to do with it. 

• Love 4

I'm not worried if Sara kills Felicity because this isn't our Felicity or our Sara. It's a world created by the Legion of Doom + Mick. And I don't think they'd ever 5x10-shade Felicity. 

I'm more interested in why Felicity's there. Is it because she held the umbrella over Mick's head in the crossover and he remembers that? (Just kidding.) But I am interested in seeing if we find out why Felicity is there of all the characters who could be or if they're just going to leave it as, "hey, cool cameo from someone from another show, don't really question why it's Felicity." 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I honestly don't think they are going to shade her. It's not a KC situation.

Yeah, she may not survive since Doomworld is supposed to be a villain's paradise but I'm sure they will treat her well.  

• Love 2