Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

Death, or abolishment of the monarchy.

Well, they're all going to die eventually, and unless his mother outlives him, he will be king. As for abolishment of the monarchy, that probably will happen someday, but probably not the day after QE dies, unless she surprises us all and stays around for another 15 years or so.

Even if he does, at his age, how long can he serve?

For as long as he lives. Edward VII was only a king for 9 years. Some monarchs rule longer than others. There is no set time limit or requirement for how long a person should serve.

If he doesn't want working royals outside of his personal line, he should have had more children, or worked things out with Harry and Meghan.

Well, he was planning on slimming down the monarchy once Her Majesty is gone, so maybe this kills two birds with one stone.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Well, he was planning on slimming down the monarchy once Her Majesty is gone, so maybe this kills two birds with one stone.

He already has.

My point is, aging Edward and his wife, AND just William and Kate, are not enough.  Anne does the most, but she won't be around forever either.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Umbelina said:

When I look at Kate I see someone who is far too thin, nearly dangerously thin.  She's the future Queen, so of course her outfits are perfection, no expense spared there.  

This always makes me sad.  If you look at old pictures of her in the years before she and Will were engaged, she looked to be a much healthier natural weight, and I can’t imagine how much she must deprive herself to maintain such a slim figure when that is clearly not her natural state. I can only imagine that the press would be absolutely brutal to her, though, if she got anywhere close to a normal weight.

Whether Will and Philip had affairs is something I have always been curious about.  It just surprises me that if it happened, they could both keep such tight lids on it that there was never that absolute proof/ confirmation that always seems to come up with celebrity scandals like that, even if the celebs themselves ignore/ refuse to acknowledge. (I mean, the affairs of Diana, Charles, Fergie, etc., etc., all had proof surface eventually.)

I have to add one quick thing on the pantyhose discourse:  Hanes Silk Reflections Silky Sheer, ladies and gents.  Do they sometimes get runs if you even look at them wrong?  Are pantyhose out of fashion in any event?  All “yes,“ but I love the way they make my legs look, and they don’t itch!

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

He already has.

My point is, aging Edward and his wife, AND just William and Kate, are not enough.  Anne does the most, but she won't be around forever either.

There is definitely a scenario where they have a problem before William’s kids are old enough to step in but it’s seems unlikely to be an issue. Edward and Sophie are still in their 50’s. Realistically they will be able to become even more active as their kids become adults. Plus COVID has changed how many of their engagements are handled and that will probably continue for the less mobile working royals. 

My only point was that younger people have always carried a large share of the public duties, and they are fast running out of young people that Philip will allow to be "working royals."

Not really. 10 years ago 97% of engagements were carried out by royals 45 and older and 70% by royals 60 and older. There is still a lot of room for William, Kate, Edward and Sophie to take on a lot more engagements as needed. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

25 minutes ago, Dani said:

There is definitely a scenario where they have a problem before William’s kids are old enough to step in but it’s seems unlikely to be an issue. Edward and Sophie are still in their 50’s. Realistically they will be able to become even more active as their kids become adults. Plus COVID has changed how many of their engagements are handled and that will probably continue for the less mobile working royals. 

Not really. 10 years ago 97% of engagements were carried out by royals 45 and older and 70% by royals 60 and older. There is still a lot of room for William, Kate, Edward and Sophie to take on a lot more engagements as needed. 

Edward is 57, and Sophie 56, very soon they will also be in their 60s.  

"Charles has made it quite clear that he intends to slim down the monarchy and reduce the number of full-time working members of the family to those in the immediate line of succession," he said. That would put the focus firmly on his eldest son, William — currently second in line to the throne — William's wife, Kate Middleton, and their three young children, George, Charlotte and Louis. https://cafemom.com/entertainment/prince-charles-slim-down-monarchy-throne/there-is-still-no-word-on-when-queen-elizabeth-plans-to-step-down

For the record, this would obviously leave Edward and Sophie out of things.  Actually it leaves Anne out as well, and reportedly she does the most.

Queen Elizabeth and husband Prince Philip had four children, and all of them have gone on to build families of their own, so these days, the royal family tree has a lot of branches. A large number of the two dozen or so members conduct official work engagements on behalf of the Queen. They include Prince Edward, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, and Princess Anne. But Charles — perhaps motivated by the flood of negative publicity the royals have received in the wake of the Prince Andrew scandal — reportedly favors the idea of a much smaller group consisting of his close family and their wives and children.

Camilla will be 74 in a few months.

I mean one royal tour will wipe out half of the working royals in Britain at that point.

I do wonder if that means they will be kicked out of their respective castles if they aren't earning money as royals when Charles takes over?  

Also, look at where that will leave William and Kate should Charles die at a normal age, and dies in 13 years?  George will only be 20 at that point, and Charlotte 18, Louis only 14!   The four of them will be the entire crew!  That's quite a step down from the 10 now, and 12 a year ago.

• Like 2

I'm actually not opposed to Charles' plan to slim everything down.  I just feel like circumstances have vastly changed since he made that plan.  I don't think 4 working royals are enough, Charles, Camilla, William, and Kate if Charles is King, even less if William is, depending on when that happens.

The line of Succession

SOVEREIGN

1. The Prince of Wales  72
2. The Duke of Cambridge
3. Prince George of Cambridge  7
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge  5
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge  2
6. The Duke of Sussex 
7. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor ?
8. The Duke of York

I mean Beatrice, and Eugenie, and her baby, outrank the Earl of Wessex, so if it's the "direct line of succession," you'd think they would be before Edward.  Harry's new daughter will be #8 soon, bumping everyone down one.  They also have lost the Duchess of Sussex of course as a working royal.  They do, of course, have Kate as a working royal as well, and the soon to be Queen Camilla too.

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
10. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank
11. Master August Brooksbank
12. The Earl of Wessex
13. Viscount Severn
14. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
15. The Princess Royal
16. Mr. Peter Phillips
17. Miss Savannah Phillips
18. Miss Isla Phillips
19. Mrs. Michael Tindall
20. Miss Mia Tindall
21. Miss Lena Tindall
22. Master Lucas Tindall

• Like 3

Charles plan to slim down the monarchy is also a plan to slim down what they do.   I saw a quote once that said something along the lines of "we don't want someone cutting the ribbon at the tesco in Leeds."   Meaning, a Royal is going to go show up at REALLY important big things instead of everything under the sun.

It's not that the Queen had 4 children and the family got large, its the whole darn family got too large.   Although her parents only had the two, her GRANDPARENTS had 6 children, one of whom died young.   That's where we get the Kents, and the Gloucesters (alright and Windsor, but they had no kids THANKFULLY).   So it really is just focusing as always on the main line doing the brunt of the work.   What Charles is doing is cutting out the collaterals (cousins) from doing work.    

Anne might not be in the formal plans but Charles knows darn well he can't stop her from doing Royal Duties and doesn't want to try.     It's safer and easier to just let her go on, knowing she will let it peter out naturally and NOT expect her kids to take over with all the perks that go along with it.

Of course what WILLIAM will do when he is King is unknown.   He can say "screw this, I want my cousins in Palaces too and all of them having title" and figuring out a way to make this happen.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

Charles has wanted to slim down the monarchy since before Harry was dating Chelsy and planning to move to Africa. I'm sure he had a contingency plan then for Harry and spouse not being working royals. No reason to think that's changed. Sophie and Edward have been taking on more duties since their half in, half out experiment failed so spectacularly. That's old news, and a click bait rehash.

In more fun news, Letizia makes trouser slits work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlBlmqnKJs/?igshid=1tek0eg1dv17d

Eta: These monarchy stories crack me up. One day they are lazy gits who never do anything but suck off the public teat, the next it's that there aren't enough royals to do all the work. But nonsense and contradictory opinions generate clicks.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 8

Sophie and Edward have been taking on more duties since their half in, half out experiment failed so spectacularly. That's old news, and a click bait rehash.

Possibly have them to do even more now, especially since Andrew is pretty much finished as a working royal.

Has Charles ever released his schedule for scaling things back, or it is just some general ideas floating around with no real time table?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 3

The reality is, nothing the royals do is required, so there's no minimum number of them required to do it. They have an insane number of patronages already, so clearly a lot of them aren't getting much time and attention. As I see it, let the working royals focus on their particular areas of interest (environment, domestic violence/elder care, mental health, early childhood development/photography) and jettison the rest. I'm sure the Yacht Club of Poshville will survive. 

22 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

PoW - "we don't want someone cutting the ribbon at the tesco in Leeds."

Exactly. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Possibly have them to do even more now, especially since Andrew is pretty much finished as a working royal.

Has Charles ever released his schedule for scaling things back, or it is just some general ideas floating around with no real time table?

No time table, plans or schedule. But it's not his place to do that right now. The Queen makes all the decisions and releasing a new work schedule for when she dies is not only pretentious, but tacky as well.

• Like 13

Thought so. So basically, nothing is really going to change until he becomes king.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

They do, of course, have Kate as a working royal as well, and the soon to be Queen Camilla too.

giphy.gif

I'm sure it will happen but I don't have to like it.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 4

The Queen will be 95 tomorrow, realistically, it won't be very long until Charles runs the show.

I still don't quite get how non-working royals get to live in palaces and giant mansions or huge flats in giant mansions.  I seriously doubt they pay rent.  Are servants and cars with drivers included?

One minute I hear about how very hard all the royals have worked, and how the essential things they do are the reason there is a monarchy at all, and the next it's "who needs all of those people we've been paying all those years?"  It's a tad baffling.

When the supposedly "senior royals" are so few though, and half of those well under seven years old, it does seem a bit strange to not have, for example, Fergie's girls pitch in, especially since they are higher on the list than Edward.  I get that Charles detests Andrew, who doesn't, but that really isn't his daughter's fault.  

Unless he tosses visits to the Commonwealth countries complete, essentially tossing the commonwealth, you need a few more people.  Or, the Queen, Anne, Philip, Charles, and all the others never did work very hard, it was all a sham, and to hell with the whole thing.  

Anyway, interesting to speculate, and I'd dearly love to see Charles fail spectacularly anyway, so whatever.  ;)

Edited by Umbelina · Reason: clarified
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

My hose of choice: Hue So Silky. Thin, comfortable, no clumps, no orange legs, and fairly durable. Even has a nice shimmer.

As for working royals, William actually works the most of the young(er) royals. I expect he'll work even more in the coming years. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

10 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

My hose of choice: Hue So Silky. Thin, comfortable, no clumps, no orange legs, and fairly durable. Even has a nice shimmer.

As for working royals, William actually works the most of the young(er) royals. I expect he'll work even more in the coming years. 

From Nov, 2019, just before the pandemic hit.

The Royal Family’s workload from most to least hardworking:

Princess Anne: 137

Prince Charles: 131

Queen Elizabeth II: 122

Prince Andrew: 105

Prince Edward: 78

The Duke of Kent: 76

Prince Harry: 69

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall: 69

The Duke of Gloucester: 66

Prince William: 66

Sophie, Countess of Wessex: 60

Kate Middleton: 41

Princess Alexandra: 32

The Duchess of Gloucester: 30

Meghan Markle: 25 (having a baby)

ETA, this is the number of engagements they had.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Useful 5

8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Remember that hot minute when Kate was wearing all those Anne Boleyn headbands? I hated them.

anne-boleyn-fashion-icon.jpg?w=1200&h=1&kate-middleton-best-headband-z.jpg

Anne wore French hoods not headbands.  There would have been a veil attached to the back of the headpiece.  You can see the black veil in that portrait.  A well-made French hood looks nothing like those headbands/fascinators/whatever those things are that Kate is wearing.  They also look much better than the gable hood worn by other women of the Tudor period

image.png.edf586378b004a7976f609073de7f52f.png

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

13 hours ago, Ms.Moon said:

I hate pantyhose and as soon as I could get away with not wearing any I stopped wearing them

Join the club. I despise them. Even now if I have to wear stockings, I wear thigh highs instead.

Between that, wearing hats, and never being allowed to go sleeveless, I could never be a royal.

Edited by Dr.OO7
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I saw a quote once that said something along the lines of "we don't want someone cutting the ribbon at the tesco in Leeds."   Meaning, a Royal is going to go show up at REALLY important big things instead of everything under the sun.

This made me laugh because Andrew showed up at our local Tesco years ago, some "trade ambassador" make-work job he was gifted.  Everyone I knew decided to get the weekly shop in well before his appearance.

• Laugh 18

From Nov, 2019, just before the pandemic hit.

The Royal Family’s workload from most to least hardworking:

Princess Anne: 137

Prince Charles: 131

Queen Elizabeth II: 122

Prince Andrew: 105

Prince Edward: 78

The Duke of Kent: 76

Prince Harry: 69

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall: 69

The Duke of Gloucester: 66

Prince William: 66

Sophie, Countess of Wessex: 60

Kate Middleton: 41

Princess Alexandra: 32

The Duchess of Gloucester: 30

Meghan Markle: 25 (having a baby)

ETA, this is the number of engagements they had.

What is the time frame on those numbers? It’s too high to be a month and too low for the year. In 2019, Charles edged out Anne but the each had over 500 engagements. William did over 200. 
This was the hardest working royal in 2019 - and you might not have expected it

ETA: I found the source. According to express it was the year to date numbers but there’s no way they are correct. 

Edited by Dani
  • Useful 6

6 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Edward is 57, and Sophie 56, very soon they will also be in their 60s.  

"Charles has made it quite clear that he intends to slim down the monarchy and reduce the number of full-time working members of the family to those in the immediate line of succession," he said. That would put the focus firmly on his eldest son, William — currently second in line to the throne — William's wife, Kate Middleton, and their three young children, George, Charlotte and Louis. https://cafemom.com/entertainment/prince-charles-slim-down-monarchy-throne/there-is-still-no-word-on-when-queen-elizabeth-plans-to-step-down

For the record, this would obviously leave Edward and Sophie out of things.  Actually it leaves Anne out as well, and reportedly she does the most.

Queen Elizabeth and husband Prince Philip had four children, and all of them have gone on to build families of their own, so these days, the royal family tree has a lot of branches. A large number of the two dozen or so members conduct official work engagements on behalf of the Queen. They include Prince Edward, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, and Princess Anne. But Charles — perhaps motivated by the flood of negative publicity the royals have received in the wake of the Prince Andrew scandal — reportedly favors the idea of a much smaller group consisting of his close family and their wives and children.

Camilla will be 74 in a few months.

I mean one royal tour will wipe out half of the working royals in Britain at that point.

I do wonder if that means they will be kicked out of their respective castles if they aren't earning money as royals when Charles takes over?  

Also, look at where that will leave William and Kate should Charles die at a normal age, and dies in 13 years?  George will only be 20 at that point, and Charlotte 18, Louis only 14!   The four of them will be the entire crew!  That's quite a step down from the 10 now, and 12 a year ago.

This is all based on reports from “sources”. No one knows exactly what a slimmed down monarchy would look like. The press focuses it on the most visible royals completely ignoring that Charles grew up with a very large monarchy. His siblings, parents, Aunt, and mothers cousins were all working royals. Even if his version included his siblings it will still be slimmed down compared to what it was 40 years ago and even what it is now. Also, not being full time royals doesn’t mean they can’t do official engagements. 

Yes, there clearly is a scenario where Kate and William end up without a lot of support but it’s far from certain when you look at how long the members of the royal family have stayed active. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Queen Sonja of Norway wants to show off her emeralds too!

bilde-16.jpg

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Dani said:

Yes, there clearly is a scenario where Kate and William end up without a lot of support but it’s far from certain when you look at how long the members of the royal family have stayed active. 

And really depending on when Charles becomes king and even if he is as long lived as his mother there might be a fairly short time frame where he is the one calling the shots on who is a 'working' royal and who isn't.  William and Kate likely will have a lot more say in how active other members of the royal family will be than Charles will.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

And really depending on when Charles becomes king and even if he is as long lived as his mother there might be a fairly short time frame where he is the one calling the shots on who is a 'working' royal and who isn't.  William and Kate likely will have a lot more say in how active other members of the royal family will be than Charles will.  

Which is why William is part of the discussion process now, because the decisions reached will have more ongoing impact for him than for Charles.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

I am in love with this wall covering.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN42ZpKAmNi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So much so that I had to download it and share.

175492075_1365257823842833_2379446848418632803_n.thumb.jpg.2d143889943db6322d47681d9868578a.jpg

The Euro royals know how to decorate.

Maxima's got some visible pantyline going. GOOD FOR HER. We should NOT be ashamed of our panties!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN466yyn17z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Philippe is wearing a fetching purple sash.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN4-UGPHggY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 7

Pantyhose is necessary IMO when you're wearing pumps. The hard leather of most pumps causes blisters unless I wear tights or hose. I have bunions too and without hose my feet would bleed in most pumps. 

Kate does not always wear tights or hose though.

nintchdbpict000336108636.jpg

Kate-Middleton-dress-1007495.jpg

• Like 18

I both hate hose and hate the look of most people’s bare legs in dresses. I solve the problem by wearing pants. 

Because you can never have too many tiaras...

https://www.instagram.com/royality_tiaras/

The seven European monarchies have all found a way to make it work through nasty scandals (Hey Albert, have you ever considered the use of condoms?) and the Brits have already survived Diana. Of course the monarchy isn’t going to look the same in 40 years. It contracts; it expands. Liz’s reign has been unprecedented in modern times. Charles may get 20 years in, maybe...maybe. But she has steered the ship for so long that when the changes happen, it’s going to seem shocking but it’s really not. 

Also, defending Camilla here. She’s paid for whatever sins she has committed. She’s leaned into aging gracefully and champions attention and organizations supporting abused women. I doubt she’ll ever have use he style of Queen Consort, but she’s paid her dues. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Silje said:

Queen Sonja of Norway wants to show off her emeralds too!

bilde-16.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Laugh 17

Just now, BlackberryJam said:

Rania is just gorgeous. I wish I could just look at the Jordanian royals for fashion and jewels, but so much craziness there.

Margarethe, sitting on the couch, crafting. I love it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN5ZgHVAA3b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The Jordanian royal family is what happens when you have a father who has a bunch of kids with different women and the kids barely know each other. There's no bond between the siblings so they're always going to war.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8

8 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The Jordanian royal family is what happens when you have a father who has a bunch of kids with different women and the kids barely know each other. There's no bond between the siblings so they're always going to war.

War that includes actually arresting one another, exile, etc, not just a publicity war. It's too real. What goes on with them makes the miffiness of the BRF look ridiculous.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Dani said:

ETA: I found the source. According to express it was the year to date numbers but there’s no way they are correct. 

Supposedly, Edward & Sophie totaled 544 royal duties between them in 2019:

"They carried out 544 royal duties between them last year before the pandemic, meaning they will have little time spare to take on the Sussexes and Prince Andrew's duties."

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2728092/prince-charles-william-lead-royal-summit-future-of-monarchy/

I think Sophie will be very useful to the royals over the next decade - she can connect with generations both older and younger (plus, she's a drama-free workhorse).  Men fifteen years older than Sophie are CEOs and presidents, so she seems more than young enough, imo, to be a valuable player re: any long term plan for the future of the monarchy. 

And she looks lovely in the Aquamarine Ribbon Tiara!

tiara blue.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Like 11

“Rania is just gorgeous.”

A real Palestinian beauty.

• Like 2

“Love these tiara looks on Queen Rania”

That first one is Arabic calligraphy. 

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Love these tiara looks on Queen Rania:

40d5e6a543a67c8ff3a8a1c866eada1a.jpg 

rania_alia.jpg

The second tiara looks like a flower crown.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I don’t care much for tiaras but that one I would wear everywhere.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

In more fun news, Letizia makes trouser slits work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlBlmqnKJs/?igshid=1tek0eg1dv17d

Not really sure she makes the slit work but the monochrome red look is exquisite on her. 

7 hours ago, Dr.OO7 said:

Between that, wearing hats, and never being allowed to go sleeveless, I could never be a royal.

What's this about not being allowed to go sleeveless? We have such examples in posts from the last day or two? Am I missing something? 

Rania is just unfairly gorgeous. 

And Mary's wallpaper rocks so very much. 

Edited by bijoux
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What's this about not being allowed to go sleeveless? We have such examples in posts from the last day or two? Am I missing something? 

The sleeveless "rule" and the need to wear hose are supposed rules Elizabeth has set down for the Royal Family.  These rules come up in various articles written by different sources, but there is no evidence they actually exist.  In reality, the royal women dress for the occasion like most women.  

• Like 8

“Not really sure she makes the slut work”

I don’t think that was the look she was going for 😉

• Laugh 10

1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

“Not really sure she makes the slut work”

I don’t think that was the look she was going for 😉

Damn phone. Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The sleeveless "rule" and the need to wear hose are supposed rules Elizabeth has set down for the Royal Family.  These rules come up in various articles written by different sources, but there is no evidence they actually exist.  In reality, the royal women dress for the occasion like most women.  

I particularly love this one since there is plenty evidence of her wearing sleeveless, even strapless dresses. 

• Like 6

This always makes me sad.  If you look at old pictures of her in the years before she and Will were engaged, she looked to be a much healthier natural weight, and I can’t imagine how much she must deprive herself to maintain such a slim figure when that is clearly not her natural state.

Didn't she have some health issues around her pregnancies? I definitely think there are eating disorders/disordered eating among the rich and famous but I'm also trying to not speculate too much as many times we have no idea what's going on with people. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Pantyhose is necessary IMO when you're wearing pumps. The hard leather of most pumps causes blisters unless I wear tights or hose. I have bunions too and without hose my feet would bleed in most pumps. 

Kate does not always wear tights or hose though.

nintchdbpict000336108636.jpg

Kate-Middleton-dress-1007495.jpg

She's in open toe shoes in these photos, that's why she's not wearing pantyhose. You should never wear pantyhose with open toes shoes.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Didn't she have some health issues around her pregnancies? I definitely think there are eating disorders/disordered eating among the rich and famous but I'm also trying to not speculate too much as many times we have no idea what's going on with people. 

She had hyperemesis gravidarum . Extreme morning sickness  that a cause weight loss and electrolyte imbalance.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

I particularly love this one since there is plenty evidence of her wearing sleeveless, even strapless dresses. 

Pretty sure there is any exception for evening dresses, just not day dresses.

I think quite a few of these are probably true, the no, clear, or pale, or flesh colored nail polish for example.  I still remember one of the Queen's favorites there, and approved, "Ballet Slippers" by Essie.  A bit too white for me (with a second coat) but I do like the "Mademoiselle" in the same brand.

8 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Interesting.  I don't see Charles as a particularly "sharing" type, especially after waiting so long to be King.  We shall see.

Either way, generally there is some kind of protocol, and that seems to go with the whole line of succession thing.  I don't understand skipping over Beatrice and Eugenie (who apparently want to serve) just because Charles (and many others) hate their father, and skipping several steps down the line to Sophie and Edward ensuring THEY are still working royals and paid.  It seems more about Andrew REALLY wanting them included as "working royals" and spiting him.  Which again, understandable, but only to a point.

When the Queen dies, I think Andrew will become a real problem to the monarchy, he sure ran fast to those cameras.  Could be an even more bitter brother/brother show down.

---

Reports all over the place (probably bullshit, but may be a grain of truth) that neither Charles nor William will meet with Harry one-on-one.  Possibly true about trust issues about their conversations being shared.  Another states that Charles went off alone to his Wales place to think, leaving Camilla behind.  Odd that he would do that on his mother's birthday though.

Edited by Umbelina · Reason: too
  • Like 4

This is kind of cool, and the Royal photographer thinks Philip designed the "blind" for him to be in while taking official photos.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Useful 2

Reports all over the place (probably bullshit, but may be a grain of truth) that neither Charles nor William will meet with Harry one-on-one.  Possibly true about trust issues about their conversations being shared.

To be honest, I wouldn't blame them.

People talk about Kate's weight, but I think she looks fit, not thin. The muscles in her legs... yowza. 

• Like 13

On 4/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, aradia22 said:

Why does such a pretty house have such an ugly name? (I mean Bagshot Park)

On 4/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, Hiyo said:

Yeah, that's the cottage.

Frogmore House, the much larger home, was the wedding reception venue for both Peter and Autumn Philips wedding and Harry and Meghan's wedding.

It sits on Bagshot Heath, which is next to the village of Bagshot. As per the village's wikipedia page, "The place-name 'Bagshot' is first attested in the Pipe Rolls of 1165, where it appears as Bagsheta. It was the name of a wood, and may have meant 'Bacga's wood'."

Too bad it was built there, there are some other nicer sounding places in the area that they could have built on instead lol

(Sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm still catching up after having to switch to a different browser after the upgrade.)

Tolkien seems to have liked the name.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Bagshot_Row

"Bagshot Row was the row of Hobbit-holes that were delved into Hobbiton Hill beneath Bag End. The Gamgee Family lived at Number 3, Bagshot Row. Their neighbour was Daddy Twofoot. The dwellings had gardens and earthwalls made of the earth removed during the excavation of Bag End..."

Edited by Hyacinth B
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

To be honest, I wouldn't blame them.

People talk about Kate's weight, but I think she looks fit, not thin. The muscles in her legs... yowza. 

Kate is quite fit but she can stand to gain a few pounds.  If she puts on a little weight it will help smooth out the wrinkles that are forming.  There’s a saying that you have to choose between your face or your ass, the royals don’t seem to care much for plastic surgery so if she wants to look nice and not shriveled she needs a little fat especially in her face to fill it in.  She doesn’t have enough fat in her face to smooth out the wrinkles that are creeping on in.  She doesn’t have to do anything and looks great for her age but if it was me I would ask Dame Helen Mirren who she goes to and get little things done to keep myself looking good.

• Like 3

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.