Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

13 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Frogmore is vacant  but I doubt he'd stay in an empty house - according to this article though he and Princess Eugenie and her husband are on very good terms.  I'm sure they'd offer him a sofa in their apartment at Kensington Palace if he's stuck 🙂 .

He probably will stay at Frogmore since the funeral is at Windsor Castle. 

7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This could be a dilemma for Harry.  I don't think he stay with William.  Didn't he have a kerfuffle with his dad?  The Queen, his grandmother is in mourning.....

The royals have houses bigger than some apartment buildings with many wings and cottages completely empty for most of the year. It shouldn’t be difficult for him to find a place to sleep. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Leaving aside the family dynamics going on within the Royal Family the world is in the midst of a pandemic.  I wouldn't travel with a small child if I could possibly avoid it.  Hell, my grandchildren live one province over (and less than 80 km) and I haven't seen them in person since last fall.  And even then it was socially distant with a backyard between us.  The Queen is by far not the only grieving grandparent/great grandparent who isn't seeing her family right now.

I agree as I haven't been able to see my grandchildren either, and my elderly parents who live in another state haven't seen any of us in over a year. But I still maintain that Harry should bring Archie. Allegedly he is flying on a private plane and that will keep Archie safe, and keep the royal family protected. If there is anything that might boost the spirits of an elderly widow right now, it would be to see her very far-flung great-grandson. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dani said:
16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The royals have houses bigger than some apartment buildings with many wings and cottages completely empty for most of the year. It shouldn’t be difficult for him to find a place to sleep. 

Edited just now by Dani

Absolutely. Buckingham Palace alone has something like 1000 rooms, right? And that's just one of the very many royal properties. Kensington Palace, Windsor where Phillip died, Balmoral and a bunch of others. Even eliminating  Frogmore, this is a prince who will not be sleeping under a bridge. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Just now, Arkay said:

I agree as I haven't been able to see my grandchildren either, and my elderly parents who live in another state haven't seen any of us in over a year. But I still maintain that Harry should bring Archie. Allegedly he is flying on a private plane and that will keep Archie safe, and keep the royal family protected. If there is anything that might boost the spirits of an elderly widow right now, it would be to see her very far-flung great-grandson. 

Is Elizabeth really a kid person though? Even the most flattering accounts of her life indicate she's not one to get all warm and fuzzy for anyone's babies, including her own.

Bringing Archie over means you also have to bring the nanny, as Meghan isn't making the trip. Which means the nanny also has to take a negative test and quarantine. 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

Hmm. Say what you will about The Sun, their graphic from that article is actually an efficient view of this bonkers family. Er... other than it being hard to visually distinguish between spouses and siblings on it, I mean. 

GL-Prince-Philip-Family-Tree-apr-09-v3.j

It's great except for the fact it makes it look like Louis IV and the first Alice (Queen Victoria's daughter) were brother and sister. And that's too Flowers in the Attic even for the royals. 

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I'm ready to dish about the other royals. 

Louis of Luxembourg got engaged and wow, does he have terrible hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNUhOZPnXbl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There is big drama going on in Jordan, with the former crown prince being arrested.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-04-03/arrests-in-jordan

His mother is Queen Noor, who was born in the US. Her memoir is quite a read.

1. 😂

2. This is a fascinating read although I'd have to read it at least once more to connect all the dots. It's interesting that apparently Jordan doesn't have absolute primogeniture.

Also, a rate of 100 of more corona fatalities on a daily basis seems exceptionally high for a nation this size. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

37 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm not optimistic. Death brings out the worst in people. Like, the very worst. I come from a big family and you wouldn't believe how many funerals I've attended where relatives decide that Now Is The Time to air 50 years of grievances. A few years ago my uncle passed away and my mom and aunts were feuding with my uncle's wife and my mom and aunts (usually mild little ladies) and my uncle's wife were arguing openly in front of the casket. Embarrassing as hell. 

This. When someone dies people always express the usual cliches...life is too short (though in this case not applicable), we should live life to the fullest, don’t let the sunset with strife in your heart, especially against loved ones, blah, blah, blah....But I’ve rarely seen losing a loved one resulting in people working to mend relationships. In fact, I too have seen many of folks show their @ss at funerals. SMH. I doubt Phillip’s death will precipitate any move towards resolving the rift that currently exists between Harry and his father and brother. 

Regarding Archie traveling with Harry to the funeral so he can see the Queen as has been pointed out, though it would be nice for her to see him in person, now is not the time. Even if there wasn’t a pandemic I’d be questioning putting a toddler on a 10-12 hour flight (even with his father accompanying him) in hopes that he MIGHT see his great grandmother. Though Harry has plans to attend the funeral that doesn’t mean he’ll get a private meeting with the Queen or any other family member for that matter. After all, according to him, he was frozen out before by her handlers when he had a scheduled appointment with her. No point, in exposing Archie to such tensions and toxicity. 

• Like 20

With regards to Harry, as per the UK's website regarding funerals during Covid:

Mourners coming from outside England

If you have travelled to England from any country that is not exempt from the requirement to self-isolate, you are required to self-isolate from arrival and for the first full 10 days after you arrive. However, you can leave your place of self-isolation in limited circumstances, including on compassionate grounds. This includes attending a funeral of a household member, a close family member or a friend (if neither household member or close family member can attend the funeral).

You must continue to self-isolate at all other times.

If you are arriving from a country that is not exempt from the requirement to self-isolate, you may be able to leave self-isolation at an earlier stage if you have participated in the Test to Release for International Travel Scheme.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm not optimistic. Death brings out the worst in people. Like, the very worst. I come from a big family and you wouldn't believe how many funerals I've attended where relatives decide that Now Is The Time to air 50 years of grievances. A few years ago my uncle passed away and my mom and aunts were feuding with my uncle's wife and my mom and aunts (usually mild little ladies) and my uncle's wife were arguing openly in front of the casket. Embarrassing as hell. 

Yep. My brother-in-law and my mother had a falling out after my sister's death and we didn't see their son for over a year.

I'm sure there will be tension, but one can always hope that there can be tentative steps towards reconciliation. 

• Like 9

The funeral itself will be televised.   The Royal Family is well rehearsed in protocol.   I doubt there will be any scenes over the casket.   Frostiness, possibly.    But I doubt there will be a huge row.  

I know he lost his dad, but WHY are we getting any mention of Prince Andrew????    Seriously, treat him as if he were still hiding in his cottage somewhere.   He will be at the funeral (and won't THAT be awkward) but we don't have to have quotes from him about anything at all.   Heck, edit the footage so he doesn't appear.   

• Like 19

I'm glad to hear the the Duke of Sussex will return for the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral. Would it be too much to hope that, somehow, during this visit, he, the Duke of Cambridge and the Prince of Wales clear the air and somehow take steps to re/learn to love each other for who each of them are regardless of the paths that each has chosen to take? I mean, since the Prince of Wales has said that he DID clear the air and left nothing unsaid to the Duke of Edinburgh at the close of the latter's life, perhaps this may get him and his sons to do the same. 

Oh, I also hope that every single individual member of the extended family does all they can to emotionally  support Her Majesty who has just lost her spouse of 73 years during this time. 

Sad to say, I don't think we should pin all the above happening but these would be good positive outcomes to hope for!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The funeral itself will be televised.   The Royal Family is well rehearsed in protocol.   I doubt there will be any scenes over the casket.   Frostiness, possibly.    But I doubt there will be a huge row.  

I know he lost his dad, but WHY are we getting any mention of Prince Andrew????    Seriously, treat him as if he were still hiding in his cottage somewhere.   He will be at the funeral (and won't THAT be awkward) but we don't have to have quotes from him about anything at all.   Heck, edit the footage so he doesn't appear.   

Andrew should be delighted to see Harry.  He should thank him for doing that interview and getting Andrew off the front pages.  And now all the focus will be on Harry and the Queen, Harry and Charles, Harry and William.  There will be "royal experts" analyzing every facial expression, every blink of an eye.  A few significant people have publicly come out and said if there is a rift, the RF should use this time to reconcile, to heal.  People like the head of the Catholic church in England and former Prime Minister John Major, who served as a special guardian to both William and Harry after the death of Diana.  Supposedly Charles and Philip had become quite close in the last several months, and I hope that Philip would have told Charles to do whatever he could to heal his relationship with Harry, and to bring Harry and his brother back together.  

I don't think Harry should bring Archie.  Not just because it's a pandemic and the restrictions that mandates, but because the time change will screw up the kid's schedule for a trip of this relatively short duration.  I assume Harry will be travelling back to the US a day or two after the funeral.  As well, I think it would be stressful for Meghan, who in addition to not being able to be with her husband, would also have to worry about her child.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Calvada said:

There will be "royal experts" analyzing every facial expression, every blink of an eye.

These people turn my stomach.  I'll now deliberately turn something off the moment any of these assholes pop up on screen. 

1 hour ago, Calvada said:

would be stressful for Meghan, who in addition to not being able to be with her husband, would also have to worry about her child.  

Well you know what the "Royal Experts" would say.  If she prevents it, she'd just be "being selfish". 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

know he lost his dad, but WHY are we getting any mention of Prince Andrew???? 

Because the official line on him is denial. He won't talk to the FBI because "they can't be trusted". Poor little Andrew is just a victim [rolls eyes] 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Calvada said:

Andrew should be delighted to see Harry.  He should thank him for doing that interview and getting Andrew off the front pages.  And now all the focus will be on Harry and the Queen, Harry and Charles, Harry and William. 

Were there any new headlines about Andrew? The reality of the Andrew situation is that it’s a police investigation that’s either being done quietly with minimal press knowledge or that it’s completely stalled.

There’s nothing to say about Andrew. Without new allegations/photos/charges/interviews, “Andrew breathes and is still a creeper” doesn’t sell papers (generate clicks). I think they will never have enough to charge him and he will never talk, so I’m fine if no paper ever reports on his existence again, and that includes when he falls over and dies, preferably in a slurry-filled ditch. 

The Princess Latifa stuff is outrageous. She’s either being held prisoner in her home (my bet) or she’s completely off her rocker. I suspect in a month or so we are going to hear how she tragically took her own life, because why wouldn’t they just kill her? 

The UAE and Jordan royals are absolutely terrifying. They have near absolute power and just kill and imprison their enemies, even when (especially when), those enemies are their own family members. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The Princess Latifa stuff is outrageous. She’s either being held prisoner in her home (my bet) or she’s completely off her rocker. I suspect in a month or so we are going to hear how she tragically took her own life, because why wouldn’t they just kill her? 

I think she's already dead.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

50 minutes ago, GaT said:

I think she's already dead.

Sadly I agree. Same with her sister Princess Shamsa. I don’t think she’s been seen since she fled to the UK in 2000 seeking asylum and was kidnapped by her father’s minions and returned to Dubai. No one has seen her in public since. Despite being royalty, being women their lives aren’t so royal considering how women are treated and viewed in their country. It’s a very sad situation. 

• Useful 1
  • Sad 18

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Were there any new headlines about Andrew? The reality of the Andrew situation is that it’s a police investigation that’s either being done quietly with minimal press knowledge or that it’s completely stalled.

There’s nothing to say about Andrew. Without new allegations/photos/charges/interviews, “Andrew breathes and is still a creeper” doesn’t sell papers (generate clicks). I think they will never have enough to charge him and he will never talk, so I’m fine if no paper ever reports on his existence again, and that includes when he falls over and dies, preferably in a slurry-filled ditch. 

A couple of weeks ago there were additional charges added to Ghislaine Maxwell's indictment that extend the window of time that authorities are investigating.  Previously they were looking at 1994-1997 and Andrew claims that he didn't meet Epstein until 1999, which means the evidence they were examining are from a period of time when Andrew wasn't involved (assuming he was being honest about the timing of his first meeting with Epstein).  Now they're also looking at evidence from the period 2001-2004, a period after Andrew acknowledges becoming friends with Epstein.

I mean, in a way it's really neither here nor there since there were already pictures out there of Andrew with the woman who alleges being trafficked to him and video of Andrew answering Epstein's door, so it can't make Andrew seem any more squeezy than he already does, but it did result in some new articles coming out. Even the cretins at the Daily Mail used the update as an opportunity to take a swipe at Andrew for not cooperating with the FBI.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

t appears to me that he is trying to keep his trip as low key and non-controversial as possible. 

as well he should.   This is the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh.   Not the latest chapter in the Travels of Harry.   I really hope the focus the next few days is on the life and legacy of Prince Philip and not what ONE of his grandchildren are doing.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

as well he should.   This is the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh.   Not the latest chapter in the Travels of Harry.   I really hope the focus the next few days is on the life and legacy of Prince Philip and not what ONE of his grandchildren are doing.

Completely agree. I hope Meghan’s doing well and taking care of herself and Archie and taking it easy, but can we please turn the attention where it belongs for the next few days, to the Queen?

I have no doubt the Queen is going to rise to this occasion and challenge with the same dignity and fortitude with which she has faced everything else in her life. But she has lost the only remaining person who truly knew what it meant to be her and the only person who was completely there for her.

It’s only one small part of it, but how many memories and moments can she no longer talk about with someone who lived them with her now that Philip’s gone? I mean, this was over seventy years of her life that Philip shared with her. And they lived and led through some remarkable times.

The Queen deserves to be put first in the next few days. I would argue that as important as I think it is to pay tribute to the remarkable life of Philip Mountbatten, making sure his Queen is taken care of is even more important.

• Like 13

I really don't give a damn what Harry has been up to. I assume his brother and cousins will be there to support the Queen, and I'm glad I'm a general sense that he'll be there as well. But I always assumed he would go, and given Meghan's pregnancy, I assumed she would not. So who cares?

I have the same sentiments regarding his relationships with Charles and William. I don't care if they've spoken, or if they never speak again. Harry wanted out of official life, and he's out. So at this point, anything that happens between them is a personal family matter, and just not that interesting to me. 

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Like 16
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Speaking as a US citizen,  no matter my feelings about Andrew,  he should speak publicly about his father but that doesn't mean CNN (for instance) has to air it. And I don't know how people in the  UK view him.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Speaking as a US citizen,  no matter my feelings about Andrew,  he should speak publicly about his father but that doesn't mean CNN (for instance) has to air it. And I don't know how people in the  UK view him.

Is there any more evidence or accusations against Andrew than there are against any of the other prominent men who have been tarred with the Epstein brush?  If not then I'd suggest the expectation that he be treated as a pariah is probably misplaced given this has not, as yet, happened with other men we know came into the Epstein orbit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

But I always assumed he would go, and given Meghan's pregnancy, I assumed she would not. So who cares?

The British tabloid press, that's who.  Their commissioned "experts" already have Harry articles sitting in draft folders waiting to be pressed Send.

14 hours ago, Kromm said:

I'd be aiming that thought to the British tabloids, not towards Harry. 

Exactly.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 12

BBC pulls Prince Philip online form after complaints hit peak.

Ratings plummeted after decision to axe Friday night favourites following announcement of duke’s death.

Viewers switched off their TVs in droves after broadcasters aired blanket coverage of Philip’s death, audience figures revealed on Saturday. Along with the removal of shows including EastEnders, Gardeners’ World and the final of MasterChef, BBC Four was taken off air and replaced with a notice urging viewers to switch to BBC One. It had been due to show the England women’s football team play France in an international friendly

Ratings for BBC One, traditionally the channel to which Britons turn at moments of national significance, were down 6% on the previous week, according to analysis of viewing figures by Deadline.

BBC Two lost two-thirds of its audience, with an average of only 340,000 people tuning in at any time between 7pm and 11pm. ITV also experienced a drop after it ditched its Friday night schedule to broadcast tributes to the duke.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 7

What I remember is how Philip volunteered his DNA to help identify the remains of the Romanov's.   I don't know why recent articles insist this wasn't known until 2018 though.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

1 minute ago, MissAlmond said:

What I remember is how Philip volunteered his DNA to help identify the remains of the Romanov's.   I don't know why recent articles insist this wasn't known until 2018 though.  

Philip had a lot of juicy royal drama and connections. It's reductive to look at his idiotic statements and think that's all he ever was or all he ever did. 

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Statement from Harry:

A12-B3-A27-D6-CE-49-F9-B298-C276473-A7-E

I love the part about him saying that Philip would say (beer in hand), "Oh, do get on with it." As that is classic Philip.

That was good. I was also intrigued by the mention of the barbeque. I've never really thought of Brits barbecuing, let alone the royal family, but I realize that's probably just me being clueless. 

• Like 5

Louis of Luxembourg got engaged and wow, does he have terrible hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNUhOZPnXbl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Fred has been looking good.

Louis' hair wouldn't be so bad if he'd trim the long part in the back, but with that, yeah, it's bad.

Yes, Fred is looking pretty stylish there.

After watching Atlantic Crossing, I felt the need to do a tour of the current royal houses of Scandinavia.  Carl Philip of Sweden is still the leader in the royal hottie sweepstakes.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Zella said:

That was good. I was also intrigued by the mention of the barbeque. I've never really thought of Brits barbecuing, let alone the royal family, but I realize that's probably just me being clueless. 

I knew that Philip liked to man the grill up at Balmoral.  I have seen either home video evidence of this or in one of Peter Morgan's properties.  And Her Majesty brings out the Tupperware to help with their picnic.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 3

Okay he's doing what I would call grilling, not really what I would call barbecuing. I was envisioning the royals having a good old smackdown over BBQ sauce, Carolina style. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Laugh 16

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Okay he's doing what I would call grilling, not really what I would call barbecuing. I was envisioning the royals having a good old smackdown over BBQ sauce, Carolina style.

Two nations divided by a common language!  Where I live what Prince Philip was doing is barbecuing but I watch enough American TV to know what barbecue means to many of you south of the 49th parallel 🙂 .

• Like 6
  • Laugh 8

5 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Two nations divided by a common language!  Where I live what Prince Philip was doing is barbecuing but I watch enough American TV to know what barbecue means to many of you south of the 49th parallel 🙂 .

Haha yes in the South, it is like a religion, somewhat below Jesus and SEC football.

I must confess, I still would not have thought of them grilling, so that was something I learned today about the Windsors.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

13 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

More like south of the Mason-Dixon line, I would guess. Plenty of Americans (myself included) would call that barbecuing.

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Louis' hair wouldn't be so bad if he'd trim the long part in the back, but with that, yeah, it's bad.

Yes, Fred is looking pretty stylish there.

After watching Atlantic Crossing, I felt the need to do a tour of the current royal houses of Scandinavia.  Carl Philip of Sweden is still the leader in the royal hottie sweepstakes.

Carl Philip makes that longish curl in the back work! Louis is not attractive, even if he had better hair. He is drama though. 

During the thread hiatus, Carl Philip and Sofia had another boy, passing on the hot royal genes. 

The BRF is releasing their tributes along the order of precedence. First the Queen, then Charles, Edward, Anne, William and now Harry. I expect we get the York girls, then the Tindall/Phillips, but I don’t know if we will get anything individual from Louise and James. 

For a royals, “JUST LIKE US” moment, like the grilling, a few years ago, Philip was driving, pulled out and hit someone. Nothing major and they didn’t prosecute him, but he did have to relinquish his license.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Barbecuing means different things to people in different states, too.  Where I live, it's what the royals were doing at Windsor.  In the Carolinas, it specifically involves long slow cooking of meat, with very specific sauces.

Just now, janie jones said:

More like south of the Mason-Dixon line, I would guess. Plenty of Americans (myself included) would call that barbecuing.

South of the Potomac.  In Maryland, that's barbecuing.  Although we're just as likely to say grilling.  Or that we're having a cook out.

But still not something I'd ever have pictured the royal family doing.

1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

Louis is not attractive, even if he had better hair.

I wouldn't say he was unattractive.  More just 'meh'.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Barbecuing means different things to people in different states, too.  Where I live, it's what the royals were doing at Windsor.  In the Carolinas, it specifically involves long slow cooking of meat, with very specific sauces.

South of the Potomac.  In Maryland, that's barbecuing.  Although we're just as likely to say grilling.  Or that we're having a cook out.

But still not something I'd ever have pictured the royal family doing.

I wouldn't say he was unattractive.  More just 'meh'.

Yes, I just say “having a cook out” because the semantics of Barbecuing v. Grilling just isn’t worth the effort for me. It comes from living in the Midwest but having a yoke of Southern relatives from one parent and a bloat of Eastern state relatives from the other. 

At some point, I stated saying “Sodapop” instead of Soda, Pop or Coke because I just wanted a diet carbonated beverage without having to hear about what it should be called. I told people it was in honor of Rob Lowe in The Outsiders. Whatever, just gimme the caffeine.

Chris Jackson, a noted royal photographer, has been posting some of his favorite shots.

https://www.instagram.com/chrisjacksongetty/

Some of them just made me smile.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 5

The photo of George with his Grandgrandpa in the carriage is precious.   Philip was a champion carriage driver (talk about a rich people's hobby).   When he didn't drive competitively anymore, he was a judge of the competitions.   I think its adorable he would just pop round in the carriage and give the kids a ride.   

Oh yes, the Royals are BIG on cookouts.   Philip even designed a special trailer that could be packed and haul all their gear to the cookout site efficiently and safely.    He would cook and the Queen would put on her rubber gloves and do the washing up.   No servants (although protective officers probably nearby).   

• Like 10
  • Useful 9

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

The 7th photo shows him grilling with Anne.

Anybody that still thinks that Charles isn't Harry's biological dad should look at that picture.  It's pretty obvious that Philip and Harry are related.

• Like 18

So at this point, anything that happens between them is a personal family matter, and just not that interesting to me. 

My thoughts about so much of this. 

• Like 4

On 4/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, Kromm said:

Any moment I'm expecting to see stories about how evil she is for not going, but so far the closest I've seen is actually one saying she was "ordered" to stay away and use the pregnancy/COVID excuse as cover. 

What I haven't realistically seen covered is how Harry is going to magically escape quarantine restrictions. Did he secretly get vaccinated over two weeks ago? 

Even if they fudge him getting IN to Britain, he's got a pregnant (thus definitely unvaccinated) wife. Meaning AFTER he's in the UK, even if US laws/regs are soft on this compared to a lot of the rest of the world, to protect her and unborn baby, he'd probably have to isolate AFTER he gets back.  Again, unless he's already fully vaccinated. 

He must be.  They've known Philip was on the way out for a while. Even with a two dose vaccine, surely they'd have had time. 

The tabloids print what will sell.  Hatred for Megan sell in the UK.  It's already everything from joy or hate for her not coming, to her causing his death with the interview.  It's idiotic, and all about the money.

As far as the vaccinations?  I have friends in southern California in their twenties already vaccinated, Harry wouldn't have to "jump the line."  He was probably vaccinated months ago.  On the west coast, whenever there has been excess vaccine, since it has a short shelf life, anyone on the list can get it, regardless of age, in some cases, anyone simply showing up can.  Lots of it is also now with personal physicians/clinics as well.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, PepSinger said:

Totally agree. My sadness more so comes from QE losing her life long best friend. I cannot imagine not waking up next to the same person that I’d been sleeping next to for 73 years. My sympathies are with her, but Prince Philip lived a long life. May we all live to be 99 years old.

I doubt she's been sleeping next to him very often, but yes, she fell in love so young, and he's been in her life and heart for her entire adult life.  It will be a shocking blow for her, even if expected.  

On 4/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

I think he probably was sent home for hospice care. 

As for Meghan getting vaxxed definitely possible. I know a few pregnant women who got vaxxed.

Since she previously miscarried, she may not have been vaccinated yet.  Data is scarce and I could easily understand a pregnant woman waiting.  I personally know a few pregnant women who have been vaccinated, and several more who will wait until they give birth.  One of those is already a problematic pregnancy and adding even a possible risk factor is just not prudent.  Given Meghan's history and age, I wouldn't do it, and I am as pro-vaccine as it's possible to be.

On 4/10/2021 at 5:43 PM, bobalina said:

I'm so glad that Harry's going to the service. And tHat Meghan is protecting her baby and staying here.

I am too.  He obviously loved his grandfather, and I'm glad this gives him a chance to see his grandmother as well.  As someone else said, there is a chance, slim though it may be, for some personal healing here, even though the "suits" or "men in mustaches" or "the FIRM" probably won't like or permit much of it.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, Arkay said:

I'm sure it won't happen, but I think it would be great if Harry brought Archie along to England.  I understand Meghan can't go because she is pregnant, but to see Archie again would lift the spirits of the Queen and the rest of the family. I believe that down the road, Harry will regret that his grandfather didn't get to see much of Archie. Harry and Phillip had always been so close, and after all, the Queen is a mere mortal and is now 94. Let your family see your son, Harry. 

They zoom.  In my opinion, it would be incredibly irresponsible to bring an unvaccinated child on such a trip in the middle of a global pandemic.  Given the many variations that aren't even covered by current vaccines, it's risky enough for Harry, let alone for a toddler.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

Leaving aside the family dynamics going on within the Royal Family the world is in the midst of a pandemic.  I wouldn't travel with a small child if I could possibly avoid it.  Hell, my grandchildren live one province over (and less than 80 km) and I haven't seen them in person since last fall.  And even then it was socially distant with a backyard between us.  The Queen is by far not the only grieving grandparent/great grandparent who isn't seeing her family right now.

Exactly.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I've been wondering about this.  Where will Harry stay when he flies home for his grandfather's funeral?

They seem to have burned some bridges with The Interview.

He is staying at Frogmore with his cousin.  (Released today.)  He's letting them use Frogmore, which is more than large enough for him to isolate, and they are also close to Meghan and Harry.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:56 PM, Dr.OO7 said:

I really hope Elizabeth can hang in there (elderly couples tend to die within 6-12 months of each other) to make her Platinum Jubilee, because she'd be the first British monarch and first female to achieve such a milestone.

I hope Harry's return can start mending fences with his father and brother.

I think many of us have had the same thoughts about Elizabeth.  Let's hope her sense of duty sees her through, if not her heart.

Screw his father, but yes, it would be nice if somehow Harry and William could at least obtain some kind of start in reconciling.  (I doubt it, sadly, but stranger things have happened in this odd family.)

On 4/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, Kromm said:

These people turn my stomach.  I'll now deliberately turn something off the moment any of these assholes pop up on screen. 

Well you know what the "Royal Experts" would say.  If she prevents it, she'd just be "being selfish". 

Oh, it's already happening, by the dozens, started just after the announcement was posted on the gate.  Whatever sells, sadly, that does, just as it did for Harry's mom.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:50 AM, Kromm said:

Because the official line on him is denial. He won't talk to the FBI because "they can't be trusted". Poor little Andrew is just a victim [rolls eyes] 

The only thing I like about Prince Charles is that he detests Andrew.  The only part of Charles being King that is palatable to me is that he just might allow the FBI to have him.  (yeah, probably not, but one can hope.)

19 hours ago, merylinkid said:

They will focus on whatever sells in that particular country.  In the UK, it's Meghan hate, with a large serving of Harry hate, and dessert of William and Kate love.  

Australia, from what I've seen, has focused more on Philip, since he was there so often, and enjoyed sports available there, etc.

In the USA, it depends on who owns the paper/channel.  Generally favorable to Harry and Meghan and to the Queen, and tolerant of Philip's gaffs over the years, but not ignoring them.  

Other countries?  Not sure, I follow a few, but haven't seen much mentioned in those I do follow, but I am now curious and may go look.

5 hours ago, Zella said:

BBQ or grilling is interchangeable in many areas.  I'm remembering a scene in The Queen where she's there with her lamb stew in Tupperware, just in case they don't catch enough fish for BBQing.  I think Balmoral has always been their place to be the "most normal" and that was/is part of the tradition there.

----

I've read with interest all the comments about Philip.  Yes, he's been an ass towards minorities and women numerous times, but I do wonder, how many of us have much older relatives or friends who have done the same, and while we cringe, or at times actually try to educate them a bit, at some level, still love them for the whole person they have been, not ignoring the bad, just tempering that with the good in them, and on balance, decide to love them in spite of it all?  In nearly 100 years, I'm pretty sure there must be a lot of good mixed in with the crap.

• Like 13

I knew about the Andrew bit when I was listing the tributes going in a particular order, but just left him out. As I know he's never going to be brought to justice, and yes, it's more than just suspicion, my plan it to simply ignore his existence whenever possible.

I feel the exact same what about tabloid ridiculousness. I'm not going to amplify it by acknowledging it, linking to it, or giving it even one bit of attention. The way to make that stuff stop selling is to actively not buy. 

• Like 14

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.