Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

5 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

This made me think about how few people are around the Queen who are reasonably close to her in age and knew her before she became queen. 

Pamela Mountbatten is one of the few people I can think of off the top of my head. Cousins like the Kents and the Gloucesters are a little younger so they aren't exactly contemporaries, but I guess they count too. It must be hard to be one of the last in your sort of peer group.

Yes. I am a huge royal watcher and Anglophile- my Mom and I went to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012, and in January I was holding out hope there may be celebrations for her Platinum Jubilee next year. 

I have had a lot of loss in my personal life lately, my god mother died last month (my Mom's best friend of 50yrs), and my Mom has commented she is afraid she is going to be like my grandfather and out live every single one of her friends. My favorite great aunt (and the last one) is not doing well at 87 and its only a matter of time, I saw her sleeping in the hospital chewing her finger and I wonder if she did that as a baby, and I thought that there is NO ONE I could possibly ask. 

The sad thing about such a long life is outliving so many of the people that loved you, your friends, peers, siblings, those that were with you through your formative years, the lives that made you, YOU. My heart does hurt for QEII losing her partner of 73 years, although yes of course 99yrs is a LONG LONG LIFE, and he kept good health for a large part of that, but it still hurts her none the less. 

I asked my Mom if they would have a state funeral but with no watchers on the streets, just telling people to watch on TV, however if Philip didn't want that, of course they should respect his wishes. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

3 hours ago, irisheyes said:

That’s what I thought too. He was probably one of the last people on earth who still called her by her name. I can’t imagine going through the days never hearing your name once. 
It seems that Charles’s visit last week wasn’t just “stopping by to say Happy Easter.”  

One of the other royals - Spain's Felipe & Letizia I think - sent condolences to "Aunt Lilibet" on the death of "Uncle Philip."  I wonder if any of the other royals call her Lilibet. 

I'm glad he died at home and not in the hospital.  And he and Elizabeth were able to be together more in the past year than probably the past 5 years combined.  Since he retired from active service as a royal, Philip spent much of his time at Sandringham, and because of her royal duties, the Queen often was based at Buckingham Palace or Windsor.  

• Like 14

Since the official statement said "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty announces the death of her beloved husband His Royal Highness The Prince Phillip the Duke of Edinburgh. His Royal Highness passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle," I think it's a virtual certainty that she was present in the very same room when it happened instead of 'It is with deep sorrow that Buckingham Palace announces the death of Her Majesty's husband. . .' (which would have indicated she was NOT present). I wonder if she may do an acknowledgement video thanking her family, subjects and others for their support? If so, it's possible that she may herself disclose having been present when he left this world and she became a widow after nearly three-quarters of a century of marriage.

Oh, and it should be noted that shortly after his engagement to the then Princess Elizabeth, a   courtier had thought him ignorant of the establishment but the Duke of Edinburgh cut him off by saying," Yes, I know about Windsor Castle. My mother was born here!"

When Alice, Princess Andrew of Greece was bearing him on her manor's kitchen table in Corfu, I wonder if she could have imagined that he'd wind up dying in her very birthplace- much less that he'd live  barely two months short of a century!  Of course, I wonder how proximate   his Windsor bedroom where he breathed his last in 2021 is to where   Victoria,Princess Louis of Battenberg (later Marchioness of Milford-Haven) had borne Princess Alice in 1885.

One can't say he ever had a conventional or predictable life! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 8

Is it a given that Prince Edward will become Duke of Edinburgh, or is it just assumed?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

10 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

While I am not a fan of Prince Phillip (that's the kindest way I've ever described my feelings about it, BTW), I have such sympathy for the Queen today.  70 years married to one person is so remarkable and I can't imagine the pain in saying goodbye.  All the privilege in the world can't soothe this grief.  My heart goes out to her today.

I've mixed feelings here, because while it's always the right thing to feel sympathy in this situation, especially so close to the death, and I do feel that for his relatives, a lot of the press are covering Philip's pecadillos by papering over them with words like "gruff", or harping on how long ago he was born to excuse certain attitudes.  The BBC, the freaking BBC featured an obituary characterizing his attitudes as a "tendency to be forthright". You know. Rather than using a more intellectually honest description. 

And on a related matter... predictably a lot of the British press are reporting on the death... in relation to another person... and I don't mean the Queen... 

https://www.vox.com/culture/2021/4/9/22375557/prince-philips-death-meghan-markle-british-media-racism

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Is it a given that Prince Edward will become Duke of Edinburgh, or is it just assumed?

1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Apparently the title goes to Charles, but will pass to Edward when Charles becomes king.

https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-edward-will-be-next-duke-of-edinburgh

Edward has said that he wants it, so I have no reason to doubt Charles would be willing to give it to him. 

16 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

While I have no great affinity for the often-problematic Philip, I do feel for the queen, who is, after all, a wife who has just lost her husband of over seven decades and the love of her life. The man whom she first fell in love with at the tender age of 13. 

Yes. He was fine then, I can’t blame her! Also I’m glad as a woman and heir to the throne she got her choice of partner. So much of her life was about duty, but she wanted Philip just because he was himself. 

• Like 18

I am sure the Queen and Prince Philip spoke of many things in his final weeks. One thing I am confident was not part of conversations was Ms. Markle. For any so-called journalist to suggest otherwise is laughable. She’s not important. Philip’s been through far greater challenges than a tacky, lie-filled tell all with an ungrateful grandson and his social climbing wife.

Last night I enjoyed reading the article about Prince Charles and the time he spent with his father in the run up to Prince Philip’s passing. Nothing was left unsaid, and it warmed my heart to read about the repairs to their relationship. Those are the things that are important.

Rest in peace Prince Philip.

• Like 11

Red Delicious,

While I disagree with your assessment of the Sussexes, I did take heart re the idea that the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh having resolved any differences and misunderstandings.

I think it's likely that one of the biggest possible differences may have been over Gordonstoun. In which case, as disastrous as it was for the Prince of Wales to have gone there, I hope he and the Duke of Edinburgh were able to make their peace about it (and that the idea of him being sent there likely was due to the Duke of Edinburgh having himself thrived there after his own family flew apart and believing that it would also be a positive experience for his son). 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 8

Prince Harry will attend the funeral. Meghan will not since she’s been advised not to travel due to her pregnancy.

• Like 13
  • Useful 4

Being called "legend" by your grandson is not a bad life achievement at the end of the day. Especially if he's the future king.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 8

17 hours ago, Kromm said:

I've mixed feelings here, because while it's always the right thing to feel sympathy in this situation, especially so close to the death, and I do feel that for his relatives, a lot of the press are covering Philip's pecadillos by papering over them with words like "gruff", or harping on how long ago he was born to excuse certain attitudes.  The BBC, the freaking BBC featured an obituary characterizing his attitudes as a "tendency to be forthright". You know. Rather than using a more intellectually honest description. 

And on a related matter... predictably a lot of the British press are reporting on the death... in relation to another person... and I don't mean the Queen... 

https://www.vox.com/culture/2021/4/9/22375557/prince-philips-death-meghan-markle-british-media-racism

Don’t know how accurate the reporting is but I’ve read that the BBC has been flooded with so many complaints about the wall to wall coverage on Prince Philip’s death they are planning to set up a website to specifically handle those complaints. I also read that other stations in the UK (and Australia) are experiencing the same flood of complaints. I’m sure if it had been the Queen people would care, but with it being Philip people may not be as interested in endless coverage recapping his life. 

• Useful 8

21 minutes ago, Enero said:

Don’t know how accurate the reporting is but I’ve read that the BBC has been flooded with so many complaints about the wall to wall coverage on Prince Philip’s death they are planning to set up a website to specifically handle those complaints. I also read that other stations in the UK (and Australia) are experiencing the same flood of complaints. I’m sure if it had been the Queen people would care, but with it being Philip people may not be as interested in endless coverage recapping his life. 

And there's the generation gap, I bet. Of a certain age, and Philip is utterly important, inherently deserving of an ocean of coverage and endless, positive media coverage, etc. But for many others?  He's the potty old racist plus-one, who was living on taxpayer pounds, where the endless tributes and revisionist history is probably annoying. 

4 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Prince Harry will attend the funeral. Meghan will not since she’s been advised not to travel due to her pregnancy.

Wanna bet she still gets criticized for it? 

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

I'm conflicted about discussing the good and bad of public figures right after they die. I get that the conversation is going to be had on both sides because there are going to be puff piece obits that largely ignore the bad and people are going to want to push back on that. But it feels gross to do when there are grieving family members and someone's legacy is more "complicated" than "truly heinous." Like, can we wait a day? Maybe I'm just tired of everyone online fighting about people the vast majority of us don't actually know.

Anyway, I'm glad the Royals thread is back because I just want people to tell me about royal-adjacents like Lady Colin Campbell and Fergie. 

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Anyway, I'm glad the Royals thread is back because I just want people to tell me about royal-adjacents like Lady Colin Campbell and Fergie. 

Ugh.  I meant to jokingly supply whatever current story there was about Fergie (a figure I really like, other than her apparent continuing tolerance for her ex), but sadly the first article I found was about how much Philip hated her. 

Actually, this article is shockingly chock full of shade for Philip. Is The Sun the anti-Royalist paper?  I get them all confused. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14609673/prince-philip-sarah-ferguson-sniped-andrew-edward/

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Hmm. Say what you will about The Sun, their graphic from that article is actually an efficient view of this bonkers family. Er... other than it being hard to visually distinguish between spouses and siblings on it, I mean. 

GL-Prince-Philip-Family-Tree-apr-09-v3.j

Edited by Kromm
  • Like 5
  • Useful 9

The next big announcement I’m waiting on is to hear Andrew and Fergie are remarried. 

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 19

45 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Like, can we wait a day?

Some couldn't wait 5 minutes before insisting that "they" (the papers etc) were wrong not to lead their stories with all the negative stuff.  Sigh.  For a multiple murderer I get it.  Otherwise?  Yeah, give it at least a day.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, PepSinger said:

This is exactly what I thought would happen. Her pregnancy is the only thing that would get her out of going without causing all sorts of problems.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is exactly what I thought would happen. Her pregnancy is the only thing that would get her out of going without causing all sorts of problems.

Any moment I'm expecting to see stories about how evil she is for not going, but so far the closest I've seen is actually one saying she was "ordered" to stay away and use the pregnancy/COVID excuse as cover. 

What I haven't realistically seen covered is how Harry is going to magically escape quarantine restrictions. Did he secretly get vaccinated over two weeks ago? 

Even if they fudge him getting IN to Britain, he's got a pregnant (thus definitely unvaccinated) wife. Meaning AFTER he's in the UK, even if US laws/regs are soft on this compared to a lot of the rest of the world, to protect her and unborn baby, he'd probably have to isolate AFTER he gets back.  Again, unless he's already fully vaccinated. 

He must be.  They've known Philip was on the way out for a while. Even with a two dose vaccine, surely they'd have had time. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kromm said:

He must be.  They've known Philip was on the way out for a while. Even with a two dose vaccine, surely they'd have had time. 

Not sure he is.   One article I read was that all the children -- Charles, Anne, Andrew, Edward - got face to face visits with Philip before he passed but the grandchildren and great-grand children did not.   Because the children had all been vaccinated and the grands and great-grands have not.   

When I heard the news, I realized he had been released from the hospital because there was nothing more to be done so they sent home to be with his family for what little time was left.

Glad this topic has been re-opened too.   I've been dying to talk since CP Victoria and Husband tested positive.   the story I read said they were "isolating at home with their children."   I really hope that in one of those big palaces the kids were cared for ELSEWHERE and not near Mom and Dad.   

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Enero said:

I hopped over to another forum to read why people were complaining about the coverage. Apparently, they were showing the same programming on BBC 1 and BBC 2- people were annoyed the news dominated two channels and not just one. 

• Useful 6

16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Any moment I'm expecting to see stories about how evil she is for not going, but so far the closest I've seen is actually one saying she was "ordered" to stay away and use the pregnancy/COVID excuse as cover. 

What I haven't realistically seen covered is how Harry is going to magically escape quarantine restrictions. Did he secretly get vaccinated over two weeks ago? 

Even if they fudge him getting IN to Britain, he's got a pregnant (thus definitely unvaccinated) wife. Meaning AFTER he's in the UK, even if US laws/regs are soft on this compared to a lot of the rest of the world, to protect her and unborn baby, he'd probably have to isolate AFTER he gets back.  Again, unless he's already fully vaccinated. 

I have two pregnant friends who’ve received the vaccine, so I am willing to bet that Meghan is vaccinated. I could be 100% wrong, but I know my female friends well enough to know that they wouldn’t have done that unless they thought it was safe.

I also think it’s highly probable that Harry is vaccinated. I have healthy friends in their 40s in California who are vaccinated. Vaccinations are definitely opening up nationwide, so it’s not out of the question.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I feel not an ounce of sadness over Philip's death and it's not even to do with the questionable racist past, but as I noted in the In Memoriam thread, I feel no sadness over any 99 year old dying. This man lived a full and long life. Got to have many adventures and ups and downs and see his children grow, grand children, great grand children, etc. Sadness about what?. 

Listen, I love me some Queen Betty White. But when Betty goes, I'll pull up my favorite Golden Girls episodes and celebrate her that way. And that's really it for me. When someone that old dies, you celebrate their life if you care enough to but sadness? Even Michael Douglas noted this in his message announcing Kirk Douglas' passing.

I mean it was his father so of course he felt some loss over that as I'm sure Philip's loved ones do. But he stressed that this was more about a celebration of his father's life and legacy. 

I felt sadness when Chadwick Boseman died because he was 43 years old, a lot of life left to live and died from a horrible disease that decimated his body before finally taking his life completely. I ain't got time to feel sad about a 99 year old man dying. 

Totally agree. My sadness more so comes from QE losing her life long best friend. I cannot imagine not waking up next to the same person that I’d been sleeping next to for 73 years. My sympathies are with her, but Prince Philip lived a long life. May we all live to be 99 years old.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Like 14

16 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

I have two pregnant friends who’ve received the vaccine, so I am willing to bet that Meghan is vaccinated. I could be 100% wrong, but I know my female friends well enough to know that they wouldn’t have done that unless they thought it was safe.

I also think it’s highly probable that Harry is vaccinated. I have healthy friends in their 40s in California who are vaccinated. Vaccinations are definitely opening up nationwide, so it’s not out of the question.

It would be them jumping the line, although understandably.  Remember, this likely would have had to start a month or more ago.  I mean in an emergency I suppose someone might take the one dose J&J instead, but I doubt it would be the first choice.  PLUS, you're supposed to wait another 2 weeks even past the second shot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I feel not an ounce of sadness over Philip's death and it's not even to do with the questionable racist past, but as I noted in the In Memoriam thread, I feel no sadness over any 99 year old dying. This man lived a full and long life. Got to have many adventures and ups and downs and see his children grow, grand children, great grand children, etc. Sadness about what?. 

Listen, I love me some Queen Betty White. But when Betty goes, I'll pull up my favorite Golden Girls episodes and celebrate her that way. And that's really it for me. When someone that old dies, you celebrate their life if you care enough to but sadness? Even Michael Douglas noted this in his message announcing Kirk Douglas' passing.

I mean it was his father so of course he felt some loss over that as I'm sure Philip's loved ones do. But he stressed that this was more about a celebration of his father's life and legacy. 

I felt sadness when Chadwick Boseman died because he was 43 years old, a lot of life left to live and died from a horrible disease that decimated his body before finally taking his life completely. I ain't got time to feel sad about a 99 year old man dying. 

Oh man. You reminded me -- Betty White is still alive. What a queen. 

And yeah, it's the deaths like Chadwick Boseman that make me sad. Or Naya Rivera -- how horrible for her daughter. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Oh man. You reminded me -- Betty White is still alive. What a queen. 

And yeah, it's the deaths like Chadwick Boseman that make me sad. Or Naya Rivera -- how horrible for her daughter. 

She actually had a son, but I agree with your point. 

BOT - Like @truthaboutluv said. Nothing to feel sad about with Prince Philip. He lived a long, privileged life. 

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

When I heard the news, I realized he had been released from the hospital because there was nothing more to be done so they sent home to be with his family for what little time was left.

I figured he was on hospice a month ago when he was released from the hospital and I questioned whether he’d actually had the heart surgery they were claiming. When people get as old as he was and on top of that have a litany of health issues surgery is the last thing doctors want to do even if its needed because it’s so high risk. The patient is more likely to die in surgery due to the already present health issues along with age in general putting so much stress on the body. 

Edited by Enero
  • Like 7

I think he probably was sent home for hospice care. 

As for Meghan getting vaxxed definitely possible. I know a few pregnant women who got vaxxed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Enero said:

She actually had a son, but I agree with your point. 

BOT - Like @truthaboutluv said. Nothing to feel sad about with Prince Philip. He lived a long, privileged life. 

I figured he was on hospice a month ago when he was released from the hospital and I questioned whether he’d actually had the heart surgery they were claiming. When people get as old as he was and on top of that have a litany of health issues surgery is the last thing doctors want to do even if its needed because it’s so high risk. The patient is more likely to die in surgery due to the already present health issues along with age in general putting so much stress on the body. 

Interesting thought.  My grandfather had heart bypass surgery at age 92. He did fine with the surgery but sadly the incision became infected and the infection killed him.

Edited by tres bien
  • Sad 9

I'm so glad that Harry's going to the service. And tHat Meghan is protecting her baby and staying here.

• Like 9

I'm sure it won't happen, but I think it would be great if Harry brought Archie along to England.  I understand Meghan can't go because she is pregnant, but to see Archie again would lift the spirits of the Queen and the rest of the family. I believe that down the road, Harry will regret that his grandfather didn't get to see much of Archie. Harry and Phillip had always been so close, and after all, the Queen is a mere mortal and is now 94. Let your family see your son, Harry. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

6 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I'm sure it won't happen, but I think it would be great if Harry brought Archie along to England.  I understand Meghan can't go because she is pregnant, but to see Archie again would lift the spirits of the Queen and the rest of the family. I believe that down the road, Harry will regret that his grandfather didn't get to see much of Archie. Harry and Phillip had always been so close, and after all, the Queen is a mere mortal and is now 94. Let your family see your son, Harry. 

If there's tension and negativity between the family, better that Archie doesn't see that. Even little kids like Archie can sense tension and conflict.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Nearly every celebrity who has got on a plane in the last year has been publicly dragged, if not outright pilloried. Leave the kid at home. Let's not involve him in a tense situation.

• Like 24

With vaccines having such a short shelf-life, it’s definitely possible both Harry and Meghan have already been vaccinated without there being too much hanky panky. I have friends in California that were able to get vaccinated ahead of the the technical schedule because their daughter worked at vaccine site and they had no-shows leaving available doses. I also know several pregnant women who’ve been vaccinated. Although I don’t think air travel is advisable for Meghan because she’s at “advanced maternal age” which grosses me out because she’s not even 40 yet, but that’s still “old” to be having a child. UGH.

Considering only 30 people will attend the funeral, I think it’s going to be QE2, the four children and their spouses (not Fergie), the grandchildren (Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Eugenie, Beatrice, Louise and James), Kate because she’s the wife of the future monarch, the Duke of Gloucester and at least the older Kents. Philip may have had a lifelong friend or retainer (valet?) who would get a courtesy invite. It’s going to be a tough call on who goes and who doesn’t.

Philip’s family history is complicated. In 2021, the lines are much clearer to us, but in the 1930s, aristocrats, including Philip’s relatives, were marrying Germans. Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson were meeting Hitler. Despite the family ties to Germany, and the emotional complications with that, at 18, just a teenager, he joined the Navy to fight against Germany.

The idiotic things that came out of Philip’s mouth over the years are horrible. But his actions in the military certainly count for a lot. 

He did live a full life, and sadness isn’t quite the emotion when someone of his years shuffles off, and I’ve certainly called him the old racist creeper enough times in this very thread. I hope they give him a nice send off, and I’m really bummed we aren’t getting a big royals event so I can dish hats and fashion. (Are black sheer tights in?? Feathers and fascinators, not just for Ascot?)

I’m ready to dish about the other royals. 

Louis of Luxembourg got engaged and wow, does he have terrible hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNUhOZPnXbl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Fred has been looking good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNVHo44A80K/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There is big drama going on in Jordan, with the former crown prince being arrested.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-04-03/arrests-in-jordan

His mother is Queen Noor, who was born in the US. Her memoir is quite a read.

• Like 12

There's always drama within the Jordanian royal family. Part of it is because they are absolute monarchs. So there's real power involved. The other is King Hussein had a dozen kids and there's always jockeying for power.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

I've been wondering about this.  Where will Harry stay when he flies home for his grandfather's funeral?

They seem to have burned some bridges with The Interview.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Philip’s family history is complicated. In 2021, the lines are much clearer to us, but in the 1930s, aristocrats, including Philip’s relatives, were marrying Germans. Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson were meeting Hitler. Despite the family ties to Germany, and the emotional complications with that, at 18, just a teenager, he joined the Navy to fight against Germany.

Yes, we take it for granted now that of course the Nazis are the bad guys, but it's insidious how much Nazism and fascism sympathy infiltrated the English upper class in general in the 1930s. Beyond of course the royals' Uncle Nazi, just thinking of the Mitford sisters palling around with Hitler and, though it is fictional, Remains of the Day

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've been wondering about this.  Where will Harry stay when he flies home for his grandfather's funeral?

I have no concerns about a prince finding a place to rest his head safely at night. He will be fine.

• Like 18
  • Laugh 2

3 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

I have no concerns about a prince finding a place to rest his head safely at night. He will be fine.

Frogmore is vacant  but I doubt he'd stay in an empty house - according to this article though he and Princess Eugenie and her husband are on very good terms.  I'm sure they'd offer him a sofa in their apartment at Kensington Palace if he's stuck 🙂 .

• Like 3

I really hope Elizabeth can hang in there (elderly couples tend to die within 6-12 months of each other) to make her Platinum Jubilee, because she'd be the first British monarch and first female to achieve such a milestone.

I hope Harry's return can start mending fences with his father and brother.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

3 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Frogmore is vacant  but I doubt he'd stay in an empty house - according to this article though he and Princess Eugenie and her husband are on very good terms.  I'm sure they'd offer him a sofa in their apartment at Kensington Palace if he's stuck 🙂 .

This could be a dilemma for Harry.  I don't think he stay with William.  Didn't he have a kerfuffle with his dad?  The Queen, his grandmother is in mourning.....

2 minutes ago, Dr.OO7 said:

I really hope Elizabeth can hang in there (elderly couples tend to die within 6-12 months of each other) to make her Platinum Jubilee, because she'd be the first British monarch and first female to achieve such a milestone.

I hope Harry's return can start mending fences with his father and brother.

I'm not optimistic. Death brings out the worst in people. Like, the very worst. I come from a big family and you wouldn't believe how many funerals I've attended where relatives decide that Now Is The Time to air 50 years of grievances. A few years ago my uncle passed away and my mom and aunts were feuding with my uncle's wife and my mom and aunts (usually mild little ladies) and my uncle's wife were arguing openly in front of the casket. Embarrassing as hell. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 15

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

This could be a dilemma for Harry.  I don't think he stay with William.  Didn't he have a kerfuffle with his dad?  The Queen, his grandmother is in mourning.....

I'm sure he can couch surf at Freddie Windsor's. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arkay said:

They didn't see Archie in person, but Harry, Meghan, & Archie zoomed with the Queen & Prince Phillip all the time, so they got to see each other.

36 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think he's going to stay in Frogmore. That's their home in England, & they paid about $3 million dollars to renovate the place. It would be kind of strange to pay that much just to renovate your house & then not stay there.

• Like 9

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.