Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Omg. That's horrible. Those poor concubines. (How is that even a thing nowadays?)

And let's not forget that his own father Rama IX (Bhumibol Adulyadej) only had a single wife (Queen Sinkit) and ,if he wasn't faithful to her, he kept it discreet so it seems the current king went against his father's legacy. 

• Useful 3

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

And let's not forget that his own father Rama IX (Bhumibol Adulyadej) only had a single wife (Queen Sinkit) and ,if he wasn't faithful to her, he kept it discreet so it seems the current king went against his father's legacy. 

I don’t know. Given Thai law a King would be very well protected particularly before technology made the world more accessible. Rama IX was still alive and in power until 2016 so it’s not like Rama X waited until he was in power to reveal his evil side. Plus there are the mysterious circumstances that Rama IX got the throne after his brother died of a gunshot wound.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Thai Royalty is just nuts and what we know about them is minimal because of the laws forbidding citizens from criticizing the King. 

But back to what is fun about royal watching!

19 hours ago, Callietwo said:

Me, I'm a hat person and I'm absolutely in love with all their hattery...  I live in Rural USA but would love love love to wear the couple of fascinators I own.  I typically can only trot them out for Halloween, which bums me out completely.  🤣😂 🤣😂

I would draw the line at some that Beatrice & Eugenie seem to favor though.  There are limits even for me.  

I missed Royal Ascot SO much this year and I'm jealous that you have fascinators.

Look at this gorgeousness from Sophie. 

925e4796f4eeca3bee9216824d7ab8a6.jpg

Maxima might be the Queen of the giant hats.

b49f41d4d9b4bcdc05c2b1ca2a27a07c.jpggallery_1_max-3-a.jpg

I feel you on Bea and Eug...

c9bc9298f68072105f45e299af34cd4e.jpg

But I loved this one.

rexfeatures_764974k.jpg

• Like 11
  • Surprise 2

Well, Maxima is kind of the queen of big everything. 

Big bows

tumblr_inline_nw8j2l5MlZ1qd8bxp_540.jpg

Big sleeves

Queen-Maxima-Fashion.jpg

Big pants

Queen-Maxima-In-Natan-Musical-Premiere-T

Big jewelry

gallery_3_5-a.jpg

She's in a league of her own that others can only aspire to achieve. 

• Like 17
  • Laugh 3

The butterfly one on Bea is nice.   I am not a fascinator person.    It's a HAT, it covers your head, not a little satellite dish on your head.   But the butterflies are nice and actually seem to fit more in what a fascinator seems to be to me.   But then again I am a sucker for anything butterflies.

• Like 5

Nobody wears hats like the royals! I LOVE that butterfly one. it is so different. Also Camilla's middle hat is great. Sophie's is wonderful. But I pretty much love Maxima most of all so any huge thing she wears is automatically awesome in my eyes. lol

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Frost said:

Thomas Markle making a documentary

Poor Meghan.  What did she do to deserve this?  Answer: nothing.  If you have a family issue, Mr. Markle, discuss it within your family!

Thomas Markle told The Sun that he's working with a cinematographer on a documentary about his life with estranged daughter Meghan Markle. 

"We had a good life together, up through her first marriage and her move to Canada. Then a new story begins!" Thomas Markle told the newspaper. 

He added that he hopes it will help "figure out what went wrong" in his relationship with the Duchess of Sussex.

Gee, if only Meghan would write him a letter or something to let him know how she’s feeling. Oh, wait. She did and he sold it to a tabloid. 

It breaks my heart for Meghan and terrifies me because I have a young niece with the same type of mother. Narcissist’s really do a number of their kid’s heads. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

Most of us have a totally shit family member, but are lucky enough that no one is willing to pay that family member to make a documentary/do a photoshoot/sell our baby photos. There are tons of tales of famous athletes whose parents sell baby photos and embezzle their children's money. The only thing to do is cut these people off completely. The more contact you have, the more items the person has to sell. Thomas and Samantha Markle are shitbags who can fall of the face of the Earth any time now. 

• Like 18

For those interested, legal arguments are going on today about Meghan's suit regarding publication of the letter she wrote to her father. No witnesses testifying at this point, just arguments for/against summary judgement.

You can follow some of it here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshuaRozenberg/with_replies?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That's a pretty neutral account who is just recounting the arguments and the legal issues. I'm sure there are other spin tweets out there if you go looking. I did see that Justice Warby, the judge hearing the case, noted that he had read Finding Freedom but declined to answer when asked if he liked it.

• Useful 2

On 1/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, Dani said:

Gee, if only Meghan would write him a letter or something to let him know how she’s feeling. Oh, wait. She did and he sold it to a tabloid. 

It breaks my heart for Meghan and terrifies me because I have a young niece with the same type of mother. Narcissist’s really do a number of their kid’s heads. 

And of course we all know that anything done AGAINST Meghan will be spun by the ruthless British Press, "Royal Watchers" and supposed pundits in-the-know (either fussy men with pseudo-aristocratic lisps, or aging old biddies who either have appeared on Loose Women, or want to) as being HER fault. 

• Like 5

Is there any current monarch as ruthless and evil as Rama X? 

I royal watch for the fun of it, because I'm amused by snarking on the super wealthy, super privileged especially when they whine and damn if I don't love the jewels, but the fact that monarchies like that in Thailand still exist is chilling. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Is there any current monarch as ruthless and evil as Rama X? 

I royal watch for the fun of it, because I'm amused by snarking on the super wealthy, super privileged especially when they whine and damn if I don't love the jewels, but the fact that monarchies like that in Thailand still exist is chilling. 

I think the Sultan of Brunei and the Sheik  of Dubai could be somewhat in the running  (and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia is no slouch in that department despite being technically not a monarch- yet).   

• Like 6

On 1/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, bijoux said:

Well, Maxima is kind of the queen of big everything. 

Big bows

tumblr_inline_nw8j2l5MlZ1qd8bxp_540.jpg

Big sleeves

Queen-Maxima-Fashion.jpg

Big pants

Queen-Maxima-In-Natan-Musical-Premiere-T

Big jewelry

gallery_3_5-a.jpg

She's in a league of her own that others can only aspire to achieve. 

I would love to wear that navy suit/dress (I cannot tell if its two pieces) with the bow scaled down JUST a little bit. I think it would be gorgeous for a daytime wedding (far in the future when its safe to have gatherings like that again). The navy is neutral but not as harsh as black, making it more "daytime" IMO.

• Like 7

On 1/18/2021 at 1:44 PM, Dani said:

That was SO awful and vile. Just disgusts me. Children are biologically hardwired to follow their caregivers- kids WANT to love and trust their parents. Even if a parent isn't deserving, many children will give them chance after chance after chance well into adulthood. I understand Meghan wanting to believe her father would be a better person, and when she wrote him a letter to tell him how she felt (you know like a mature person), he SOLD IT. He sold his daughter's private thoughts for fame and money, which he could've had plenty of fame and you know she would've given him some money if he had just "been nice". If he was a decent person and a loving father who just happened to be really bad with finances (and impulsive etc), I have no doubt Meghan/Harry would've taken care of his expenses.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, BlackberryJam said:

Most of us have a totally shit family member, but are lucky enough that no one is willing to pay that family member to make a documentary/do a photoshoot/sell our baby photos. There are tons of tales of famous athletes whose parents sell baby photos and embezzle their children's money. The only thing to do is cut these people off completely. The more contact you have, the more items the person has to sell. Thomas and Samantha Markle are shitbags who can fall of the face of the Earth any time now. 

This is very true.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

There's something up with Thomas Markle. There's crappy parents and there's this desperate, constant hustle for money. This is just my experience but everyone I've ever known that hustled this aggressively and pathetically for money either had a serious drug or gambling problem.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

There's something up with Thomas Markle. There's crappy parents and there's this desperate, constant hustle for money. This is just my experience but everyone I've ever known that hustled this aggressively and pathetically for money either had a serious drug or gambling problem.

Pathological narcissists are their own drug. 

Whatever his issue is, he sounds like a complete nightmare. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Pathological narcissists are their own drug. 

Whatever his issue is, he sounds like a complete nightmare. 

Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Money clearly plays a part but a lot of what he’s doing is about image. If they can’t control you they are determined to control how others see you. They need to control the narrative. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 11

21 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Gambling is likely. Didn’t he move to Mexico because of an issue with the IRS? Why does he owe the IRS? Where’d his income go?

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Gambling is likely. Didn’t he move to Mexico because of an issue with the IRS? Why does he owe the IRS? Where’d his income go?

Nah.   Just feels he's entitled to a certain lifestyle and spent beyond his means.   Then fiddled his taxes to avoid paying so much thinking he could outsmart that "stupid IRS."   got caught.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Nah.   Just feels he's entitled to a certain lifestyle and spent beyond his means.   Then fiddled his taxes to avoid paying so much thinking he could outsmart that "stupid IRS."   got caught.

Ah thanks!

• Like 1

So W&K got a new puppy before their dog Lupo passed away in November. The new pup was bred by Kate’s brother, James Middleton. His JMidy Instagram is a dog lovers dream.

Nothing is going on in royal news. The BeNeLux royals are doing a few socially distant activities here and there.

A new photo of Albert, Charlene and children.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKb7giYA1dY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 3

I guess Charlene and the kids share a hairdresser. Gabriella looks a lot like Nicholle Tom on early The Nanny. And like Joey King as a child. 

• Like 3

So is Charlene’s hair cut so that it can look uniform in photos or she can sweep it to one side to show a shaved head?

48 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

So is Charlene’s hair cut so that it can look uniform in photos or she can sweep it to one side to show a shaved head?

Maybe the shaved side was because she disliked the cut as much as everyone else. That picture is from a magazine and was taken before the most recent haircut. 

• Like 1

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.