Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

21 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Two things: 1) Harry was a child. This sounds like behavior any child would exhibit, whether they were royal. I bet any parent could tell a story like this. 2) If I’m at a restaurant and ask for Pepsi and you give me a Sprite instead, then I am going to say something. It’s not what I asked for. I’m not gonna pout, but I am going to politely ask that you give me what I ordered. I’m not understanding what the take away is here.

I think the point is, when you do it it is not going to end up in the papers, it isn't going to be dissected half to death and used as an example of how people like you (in their case royals) are all entitled little shits. Diana was smart enough to know that her boys weren't allowed to act like normal kids because the world was always watching their every move. In many, many ways yes, they lived very privileged lives, but they never got to really just be normal because the world was watching and judging. I can't imagine the pressure (and resentment) living in a fishbowl like that would be.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I think the point is, when you do it it is not going to end up in the papers, it isn't going to be dissected half to death and used as an example of how people like you (in their case royals) are all entitled little shits. Diana was smart enough to know that her boys weren't allowed to act like normal kids because the world was always watching their every move. In many, many ways yes, they lived very privileged lives, but they never got to really just be normal because the world was watching and judging. I can't imagine the pressure (and resentment) living in a fishbowl like that would be.

RIGHT. I was not a Diana fan, but she was pretty savvy about that. Harry and Wills didn't get to behave like normal children because of their immense privilege. 

There are a million photos of ToddlerBlackberryJam sticking her tongue out and MANY photos of 3 year old JamDad with his hand down his pants. Both normal actions for children of those ages, but certainly not splashed all over the papers. If George ever stuck his hand down his pants to give it a scratch, the papers would be all over it and there'd be some disgusting nickname associated with him.

Royal children are expected to behave better. I'm not saying it's fair, but that's the reality. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

I’m confused by your post. Are you saying that William had valid concerns about Harry marrying Meghan?

From what I've heard, William was concerned that Harry had known Meghan less than a year and they lived in different countries and naturally spent quite a bit of time apart.  I don't think it is out of the ordinary for any sibling to express concerns that the relationship was moving pretty quickly under the circumstances.  Expressing concern is not the same as disapproval.  If one of my sibs was in a similar situation, I'd be concerned, too.  We have no information that William tried to sabotage the relationship or mistreated Meghan in any way.

• Like 18
  • Useful 1

57 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

From what I've heard, William was concerned that Harry had known Meghan less than a year and they lived in different countries and naturally spent quite a bit of time apart.  I don't think it is out of the ordinary for any sibling to express concerns that the relationship was moving pretty quickly under the circumstances.  Expressing concern is not the same as disapproval.  If one of my sibs was in a similar situation, I'd be concerned, too.  We have no information that William tried to sabotage the relationship or mistreated Meghan in any way.

When you're over the moon in a relationship it's nice to know that someone whose opinion you value is backing your play. It's not necessary but it's nice, it feels good. It's not so nice when you're expecting positive feedback and don't get it, whether or not your perception - or theirs - is accurate. So much in life is about perception. Right or wrong, perceptions set us on paths. 

• Like 6

At the end of the day, the expression perception is reality exists for a reason. Because yes, none of us know any of these people personally (unless one of them are here under a fake username, in which case, "hey, what's up") and so we could all be wrong in all of our assumptions and assertions. And really at the end of the day, none of us truly knows anyone, public figure or not. 

So that said, it's interesting to me the long standing assertions of Harry essentially being stupid. And why not, there were the long-standing rumors of his struggling academically in school, there was all that messy wild, drunken behavior in the past.

That said, as someone whose general feelings about the BRF is zero fucks and it can burn to the ground tomorrow and I won't care, I do find it interesting that Harry is the one off the top of my head I can list multiple accomplishments - Sentable and Invictus. 

Two projects that were his, not a patronage handed down by Granny and that he has seen grow year after year since their inception. Meanwhile, I can't off the top of my head think of one significant accomplishment William has. Charles, to his credit, shitty husband though he may have been to Diana, had the Prince's Trust by his late 20s. And it's still going, along with his other accomplishments.

Also interesting that Harry, who the British tabloids would suggest would never have ever left the BRF were it not for that awful woman he married, had the foresight to ensure Sentabale and Invictus were not hinged to the Royal Foundation. So when he left, they were in no danger of being taken, Curious that.  

Meanwhile, as I noted before, I find it interesting that Harry, the spare, the not as intelligent and respectable brother was the one the Queen chose to make the Head of Youth Commonwealth. The precious Commonwealth that let's face it, is a big part of the continuing BRF prestige. Because without the Commonwealth and their nations beholden to the Crown, well they're just like the other European royals. Royals of one nation and in their case, an island. 

And yes, the position was taken away when Harry stepped down as a Senior Royal and I have yet to hear of anyone else taking it on. And as for humility, for all the rumors and stories and "unnamed sources", there is a plethora of direct quotes from people who have worked with, met Harry, etc. that all say the same thing - humble, normal, nice guy, 

That said, I will add that personally I doubt any of these people who born into the family are completely devoid of some levels of entitlement. How can they be, when these people grow up in an environment that truly believes in things like "divine right" that places them as better than. In other words, that it is truly God's will that they be better and greater than.

I mean when you intellectually think about this institution - it is the embodiment of white privilege. So much granted  not for having to work hard, try and be better than your competitor, be the absolute best - no, just be born. That's why we have someone like Andrew - arrogant, entitled, spoiled, etc.

And no, I'm not saying the others are in any way as awful as that asshole. But again, does one truly think that these people can escape some levels of entitlement in that environment? Because ymmv, I sure as hell don't. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 18

It’s absolutely fine NOT to be a royal watcher and not to have paid attention to the BRF, or any RF for decades. But I’m then curious, why pay attention now? Is it like a hatewatch? Or have you always been a hatewatcher of royals, @truthaboutluv ? Not saying that’s a bad thing either.

And as I loath Harry, I have no idea what Sentable or Invictus are. That’s not to say they aren’t great charities. They may be. But that’s the thing. I despise Harry, so I don’t read articles about him. They certainly aren’t extremely well-known because I’m certain I could mention both charities to every single person (at least 40) I see tomorrow, 90% of which will have graduate degrees, and not one of them will know what they are either, for the simple fact that they are not royal watchers.

So if you’re a fan of a royal, you’re going to read about them and know their accomplishments. If you’re not a fan of that royal, you’re not going to be able to catalogue their accomplishments.

I don’t hate Harry because he’s stupid. I hate Harry because he’s a racist, sexist, entitled douchebag with a long history of casually racist language and attitudes, mostly during his military career. 

I also get none of my royal news from tabloids. I don’t read the Sun or the Mail. I couldn’t pick this Piers guy out of a lineup and have no idea how he is involved in media. I follow exactly zero influencers on instagram and have a gag reflex about all lifestyle blogs. 

I have zero investment in Meghan but sort of pity her for marrying a total asshole, but she wasn’t on my radar until the wedding and I keep her off my radar as much as possible, because again, I hate Harry.

If you’re hatewatching the BRF, but like Harry or Meghan, you’re going to know their positives, but the negatives of the ones you don’t like. 

There is one royal that I hatewatch.

That’s King Rama X, Maha Vajiralongkorn, the King of Thailand. I don’t know if there is a worse living royal than this guy. Fortunately for the people who have to be in this crusty foreskin’s orbit, but unfortunately for my entertainment, he’s not currently out there making news. Last I heard, he was holed up in a German hotel, quarantining with 100 people, including at least 20 of his concubines. And yeah, I just threw up a little in my mouth acknowledging that a living monarch still has concubines.

Cropped-1556803536%E5%80%99%E8%A3%9C%EF%

I mean, you’d think this photo is from a new staging of The King and I, but no, it’s a real shot of him from about 18 months ago. Ugh. I hate him so much. 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

The Queen has gone ito the booze business.    She's selling her gin to make up for lost tourism revenues at Buck House.  

https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/2286875/queen-elizabeth-buckingham-palace-gin/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=3491909616&fbclid=IwAR1I022wNeZVtshgx0uu87AH0W91Z0HzKSrWRkTMB4Ve6vcpDW0o2XbCC8c

If they were letting Yanks in, I would be over there.   The bottle is GORGEOUS.   And I like Gin.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I do find it interesting that Harry is the one off the top of my head I can list multiple accomplishments - Sentable and Invictus

My suspicion is, like all celebrity causes/foundations, someone who was hired by someone working for Harry/BRF, does 98% of the work that doesn’t consist of being in front of the cameras.  I can easily see it as Harry having an idea about a cause, telling someone on his staff about it and that person hiring those who are doing the work.  I doubt Harry does anything at all involving the day to-day running of either foundation.  Good for him for getting the ball rolling and keeping the cause in the public eye, but beyond that I have serious doubts as to how much credit he should get.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The Queen has gone ito the booze business.    She's selling her gin to make up for lost tourism revenues at Buck House.  

I WANT!!!!!!!! I had to cancel my trip to London last year because my travel partner ended up needing surgery. We were going to reschedule this year but fucking Covid!!!!!!!! I HATE 2020!!!!!! I wonder if they will continue to sell it after tourism opens up again. 

• Like 1

I love the image of QE2 boozing it up mid-afternoon.

Happy 43rd to CP Victoria.

What a fun, breezy dress.

• Like 10

On 7/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, Mittengirl said:

My suspicion is, like all celebrity causes/foundations, someone who was hired by someone working for Harry/BRF, does 98% of the work that doesn’t consist of being in front of the cameras.  I can easily see it as Harry having an idea about a cause, telling someone on his staff about it and that person hiring those who are doing the work.  I doubt Harry does anything at all involving the day to-day running of either foundation.  Good for him for getting the ball rolling and keeping the cause in the public eye, but beyond that I have serious doubts as to how much credit he should get.

True, but if these efforts had been failures, you just know it would be all on him, and it would come up in every article about him. "Harry's Invictus Games Blunder"

• Like 20

12 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

True, but if these efforts had been failures, you just know it would be all on him, and it would come up in every article about him. "Harry's Invictus Games Blunder"

Exactly. Plenty of "good ideas" die with poor leadership and management. And of course no one is assuming one individual is solely running any foundation. But the fact is these were projects he helped engineer and they are projects that years later are still succeeding and flourishing. 

• Like 15

Thomas Markle, Sr. and Jr, the daughter Samantha Grant/Markle/ whatever, should just stop bothering Meghan.    They only want to get more tabloid money for photos, and for saying how mean Meghan is for not having Daddy move in with her.         Or they think Meghan should support the entire useless lot of them.     

I'm hoping the security team has photos of all of the out-laws from her family, and restraining orders in place.    

I loathe that people who are related to someone who becomes famous, then tries to make money on them.     The daughter married into royalty, and that entitles her relatives to nothing.  

Now I read that Meghan's former friend BFF, Jessica Mulroney is writing a book about their relationship.   What a rotten thing to do. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

So Ghislaine Maxwell is married but refuses to divulge her husband's name.  If he turns out to be Andrew, popcorn is on me. 

I wouldn't put it past them to get hitched to try for some kind of spousal privilege thing. Or they both just realized they are scum and no one of sound mind would want either of them. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Thomas Markle Has Apparently Been Trying to Contact Meghan Since She, Harry, and Archie Moved to LA

Good grief, that headline makes it sound like he's been driving by the house or something. He still lives in Mexico.

Now I read that Meghan's former friend BFF, Jessica Mulroney is writing a book about their relationship.   What a rotten thing to do. 

Yeah, it's not as if she needs the money. Unless she's going to claim that she's seen unicorns and rainbows fly out of Meghan's behind, it sounds to me like it's purely a vindictive move.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Blergh said:

Regardless of whether it's the Duke of York or not, Miss Maxwell's spouse's name can be spelled I-D-I-O-T. 

My assumption is that it's someone who is also deeply involved in Epstein's sex trafficking and that he and Ghilaine married so that they wouldn't be forced to testify against each other.

That rules out Andrew since, as we all know, he's been trying so hard to cooperate with authorities.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Her husband has denied that rumor. I just assume they 90% of royal stories are complete crap. 

• Like 4

Queen Elizabeth Busts Out Rare Royal Laugh During Chat with Jamaican Bobsledder!

Stephens told her the plan is to compete in the 2022 Olympics -- and of course, the Queen asked how he's staying in shape during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Unorthodox training methods," Stephens said ... "I’ve been pushing a car up and down the street."

THAT'S WHEN THE QUEEN LAUGHED!!!

"Well, I suppose that’s one way to train," she added.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Just now, GaT said:

Stephens told her the plan is to compete in the 2022 Olympics -- and of course, the Queen asked how he's staying in shape during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Unorthodox training methods," Stephens said ... "I’ve been pushing a car up and down the street."

THAT'S WHEN THE QUEEN LAUGHED!!!

"Well, I suppose that’s one way to train," she added.

Hee hee!!! This makes me happy. Thank you.

• Like 8

It’s taken a while, but I suspect that the Queen is starting to be delighted by Zoom calls. She can interact more personally and still be comfortable. In my head, that’s a loose tunic top and she’s wearing pajama pants and has her feet soaking in a warm bath.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Well she's always loved new technology. Remember the ipod from President Obama?

• Like 3

Hot Haakon looking hot in the water.

Queen Mathilde is WORKING the mask-chic. That dress is gorgeous.

• Like 12

Tomorrow is Camz' 73rd birthday. She looks great.

I mean, she might bathe in the blood of small children, as royals back in the day used to, but I think she does look 73. The wrinkles work for her. 

• Like 18

31 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I mean, she might bathe in the blood of small children, as royals back in the day used to, but I think she does look 73. The wrinkles work for her. 

I appreciate a woman who looks great at her age rather than trying to pretend to be a much younger age via augmentations. She looks lovely, and most importantly, she looks happy. 

• Like 22

I think that color is very nice on her, and she does look very pretty there. 

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, GaT said:

Prince Andrew needs to sit at home and not be seen among decent people ever again.  The Royal Family needs to not include him in anything he needs to be forgotten because they are not going to turn him over for prosecution so he better disappear and do his level best to fly under the radar until he dies.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Ms.Moon said:

Prince Andrew needs to sit at home and not be seen among decent people ever again.  The Royal Family needs to not include him in anything he needs to be forgotten because they are not going to turn him over for prosecution so he better disappear and do his level best to fly under the radar until he dies.

His day is coming... I really think when the Queen passes it will be the end of his public life. I think Charles(or William if Charles passes before his Mom) will pretty much curtail his public life as royal and will pay him off to just be quiet someplace. Charles seems to have little love lost for his brother, and I feel like with him/William in charge Andrew is going to be the black sheep he deserves to be.

Edited by MadyGirl1987 · Reason: Can’t spell
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I appreciate a woman who looks great at her age rather than trying to pretend to be a much younger age via augmentations. She looks lovely, and most importantly, she looks happy. 

I agree that the Duchess of Cornwall has had a happier glow in recent years than she did decades ago when she first made the news. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Princess Beatrice got married yesterday.    Rather than wait because who knows what may happen, they had a small ceremony at Windsor.   

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a33346385/princess-beatrice-secretly-married-edoardo-mapelli-mozzi/

UK restrictions have been lifted enough to allow a gathering of this size.  

That’s understandable. Maybe she will release some photos for us of her dress etc. I understand not wanting to wait- so many people have had to have small weddings with just immediate family during these times. Looks like it was her immediate family (parents, grandparents, sister) and likely his immediate family (parents, siblings- I know his son doesn’t live in the UK). 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, GaT said:

I wonder why this forum was moved?

Previously a part of Everything Else TV.  Not really a TV topic.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

What is it with tabloids always proclaiming something is "secret"?  It was a small intimate family wedding.  The same type of small intimate family wedding a lot of couples are having now. Heck how a lot of couples did before COVID-19 was even here.  Congratulations to the couple.  

• Like 15

Secret because they didn't announce it beforehand, I'm sure. And it's a better headline. I kind of was hoping they'd split because he seems like a skeeze.

Gorgeous new photos of the Dutch!

• Like 9

Yes, "secret" is a juicier headline than "private" which is more accurate. Even the news just announced it as "secret" which I guess it technically was since it was unknown until after it had happened. Apparently there will be photos tomorrow and they didn't want to overshadow the Captain Sir Tom Moore receiving his Knighthood. 

It's probably for the best all around. Who knows if they would have been able to have a bigger one next year or if her grandparents were able to make it. And it cuts down considerably on headlines about her father being front and centre. This way it's an intimate wedding with her close family, in a church in the grounds of her parents house and there are now a lot of nice headlines about how they just want to be married and skip the Big Royal Wedding - good for them etc. They can still have a bgger party in 6 months or a year's time or whatever. 

Edo was giving he some sleazy vibes at one point and I thought they got engaged very quickly despite apparently knowing each other for ages, but I guess he's also stuck with her through an awful lot in the last year or so. 

Edit: The florist shared a picture of her bouquet: 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 9

Her Majesty was busy today!  She also knighted Capt. Moore. He was the 100 year old man who walked 100 laps in his garden to raise money for the NHS. Looks like his whole family got to chat with the Queen!

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Here is the knighting of Sir Thomas Moore.

The Queen looks good. She probably wants to head back in for her afternoon gin and foot massage.

I don't like that they weren't wearing masks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Perhaps they were tested. I can't imagine anyone is taking chances with the queen's health. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Perhaps they were tested. I can't imagine anyone is taking chances with the queen's health. 

Not to mention they are both very elderly, so have probably both been really careful about quarantine.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Here is the knighting of Sir Thomas Moore.

The Queen looks good. She probably wants to head back in for her afternoon gin and foot massage.

Inasmuch as he managed to get knighted without having to kneel then resume standing, he sure managed to make good use of that walker. I guess extreme old age DOES have its advantages (and I think Her Majesty somewhat could concur). 

• Like 4

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.