Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

5 hours ago, bluphoenix451 said:

I don't know that I'm comfortable with the idea that someone who has benefited from being a part of a systemic oppression not being able to call it out.

If anything, history has shown that privileged people (and let’s be real, by privileged people, I mean white people) don’t start taking accusations of racism and race-associated social injustices seriously until other privileged people are calling it out. So the idea of faulting Harry or anyone else who’s benefited from racial injustice for holding up that mirror and calling it out, isn’t just absurd, it’s also silencing. And when it comes to racial injustice, silence is violence.

5 hours ago, bluphoenix451 said:

stop ignoring or being silent about these things.

^This.

Edited by ursula
  • Like 18

16 hours ago, Camille said:

Is there anywhere to watch his actual comments? The two clips in that link are from different speeches. I hate how articles frequently take one or two quotes rather than just including the whole statement. 

ETA: Found it on YouTube. I find it extremely sad that they had a in-depth conversation about equality and the media boils it down to one or two lines that Harry said. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

If something can't be boiled down to a soundbite from an extremely privileged cishet white man, then is it really worth bringing up at all? I have my doubts.

Kidding, kidding. But it's interesting. His ancestors encouraged and benefited from such terrible behaviour, but he's starting to turn things around. I mean, if someone has a public platform, shouldn't they use it for good? Even if they aren't perfect, should we appreciate that they try at all, or write them off as a failed attempt? I lean towards the former.

Beautiful! I FULLY agree! I'd much rather hear from someone who feels some contrition and acknowledges past bad choices of their ancestors and their own selves and wants to help improve things (even one who has had clay feet at times) than someone who believes that they themselves and their ancestors couldn't have possibly done anything wrong to those of different backgrounds. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 13

43 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Beautiful! I FULLY agree! I'd much rather hear from someone who feels some contrition and acknowledges past bad choices of their ancestors and their own selves and wants to help improve things (even one who has had clay feet at times) than someone who believes that they themselves and their ancestors couldn't have possibly done anything wrong to those of different backgrounds. 

And maybe when Harry acknowledges his past, I'll find anything about him to have value, but he's still silent about all the racist shit he's pulled. Not his family. Not his ancestors. Him.  He's gotten more chances than hes ever deserved. And people just keep glossing over it. Because he's British and royal and white and Diana's son and lost his mother and blah fucking blah. So many excuses.

There are more interesting royals and much dishier scandals to entertain me!

Here is Letizia making a hideous blouse work and Felipe with his glasses in the vee of his shirt!

https://twitter.com/CasaReal/status/1280807862428741632

IMG_20200708_072253.jpg

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Here is Letizia making a hideous blouse work and Felipe with his glasses in the vee of his shirt!

https://twitter.com/CasaReal/status/1280807862428741632

IMG_20200708_072253.jpg

I had a blouse like that a few decades ago. Never did manage to make it work. I love that Felipe has his sunglasses hanging from between the shirt buttons. I do that all of the time; I bet he doesn't bend over and drop them the way I do.

Letizia always looks so stiff to me. Maybe it's just the way she stands, but I think she could use relaxation lessons from Maxima and CP Victoria.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Princess Rayiah of Jordan married Ned Donovan, grandson of author Roald Dahl.   

https://people.com/royals/princess-raiyah-of-jordan-marries-british-journalist-ned-donovan-in-england/

The bride looked lovely, the groom looked handsome.   Best wishes to the happy couple.

They also look like babies. I mean, I'm sure they're not since she's working on her PhD, but they sure look like it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, praeceptrix said:

I had a blouse like that a few decades ago. Never did manage to make it work. I love that Felipe has his sunglasses hanging from between the shirt buttons. I do that all of the time; I bet he doesn't bend over and drop them the way I do.

Letizia always looks so stiff to me. Maybe it's just the way she stands, but I think she could use relaxation lessons from Maxima and CP Victoria.

Is that blouse a body suit perhaps? Is that how she’s making it work? Mask + glasses is my personal nightmare. Especially if I’m wearing the mask on a “pass through” walking from the conference room to my office, office to the car, etc. I have taken to sticking them in the collar of my shirt as well. 

Letizia is ramrod straight. She is so tiny that I feel like she’s making sure she’s seen. Maxima is tall, boisterous and pulls attention to herself naturally. She is my fav.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

And maybe when Harry acknowledges his past, I'll find anything about him to have value, but he's still silent about all the racist shit he's pulled. Not his family. Not his ancestors. Him.  He's gotten more chances than hes ever deserved. And people just keep glossing over it. Because he's British and royal and white and Diana's son and lost his mother and blah fucking blah. So many excuses.

I don't actually follow the royals outside of this thread. Has any interviewer brought up his previous behaviour in, say, the last five years? Maybe his attitude is 'if no one else says anything, I don't have to either.'

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Letizia is ramrod straight. She is so tiny that I feel like she’s making sure she’s seen. Maxima is tall, boisterous and pulls attention to herself naturally. She is my fav.

She's always looked tiny to me as well, but I came across an Instagram post saying she was 1.70 m, which translates to 5'7 for those using feet as measurement. Now, that may very well not be true but it got me wondering if her perceived petiteness is just because she's usually seen with Felipe who's really tall. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

59 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I don't actually follow the royals outside of this thread. Has any interviewer brought up his previous behaviour in, say, the last five years? Maybe his attitude is 'if no one else says anything, I don't have to either.'

I don't know. I recall his odd choice of Nazi uniform as a costume, but, I think he has apologized that for that, as well as using racist slurs in the past and I suspect it was a juvenile decision that he later did regret.  Youthful indiscretions do happen, but, people learn and grow, so, I don't hold that against him.  

I TRY not to follow Harry and Meghan, but, it's difficult to avoid them.  Just everywhere.  I'm wondering why they are still under the Royals thread. Anyway, does anyone know if Meghan is on good terms with anyone, other than her mother and maybe Oprah?  I read she had cut ties with her best friend, due to inappropriate behavior of her friend regarding race. She seems to have relationship struggles.   

I wish them well and hope that their attempts to bring about change and improvement in the world is successful.  I get the impression from what I read on line that it's not being well received here or abroad. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I TRY not to follow Harry and Meghan, but, it's difficult to avoid them.  Just everywhere.  I'm wondering why they are still under the Royals thread. 

They may not be working royals any more, but they are still members of the royal family, which qualifies them for this thread (just like Beatrice and Eugenie, for instance, are members of the royal family without being working royals).

Personally, pretty much the only place I ever see any news about Harry and Meghan is here in this thread, so for me their attempt at a lower profile is working. There are rarely any articles about them in the places I read.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Anyway, does anyone know if Meghan is on good terms with anyone, other than her mother and maybe Oprah?  I read she had cut ties with her best friend, due to inappropriate behavior of her friend regarding race. She seems to have relationship struggles.

She seems to have a pretty tight knit group of friends but they are low key and the press ignores them because it doesn’t fit the story they want to tell about Meghan. For example she went to watch Serena play at Wimbledon with two friends from college. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 19

18 hours ago, Dani said:

[Meghan] seems to have a pretty tight knit group of friends but they are low key ...

That's really smart, IMO. I would think anyone in her position would have a hard time trusting people, even more so with the bullshit she's endured from her own family.

As for Jessica Whoever, I wouldn't blame Meghan at all for dropping that friendship (although I don't think there's any proof one way or the other). I mean, talk about awkward! I don't see anything wrong with deciding someone isn't who you thought they were, or just drifting apart, for that matter. We all have people we used to be friends with and no longer are. 

• Like 15

Very good, Miss Almond and Jane Tuesday.

I'd just like to add that I would find it very hard to believe that Ms. Markle would have gone out with much less married and had a child by Prince Harry if he were currently an unrepentant bigoted racist. Yes, the NAZI uniform was in terrible taste (and, at best, appallingly ignorant of his family's own stuggles against them) but Prince Harry apologized for it and, to the best of my knowledge, has not pulled any stunts like that since.  His actions and words in the last few months supporting the Duchess of Sussex and their son, doing good works and acknowledging that toxic, unfair earlier choices occurred and more progress needs to happen to make things right speaks more to me than a couple of earlier, dubious stunts that  he'd long since apologized for and hadn't since repeated. 

• Like 21

I am not going to do the mental and emotional labor of cataloguing the myriad of Harry's racist, insensitive, insulting bullshit for which he has not apologized, not atoned and not acknowledged. All that would do is further enrage me, but the fact that they are referred to so lightly only seems to prove my point. I am done with him as a topic. He can rot. My hope is that he rots silently, out of the public eye.

Chaz and Camz are out and about!

He seems to have fully recovered from the CoViD. That's a cheeky smile. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Chaz and Camz are out and about!

"Chaz and Camz" gives me such joy...I shall call them nothing else henceforth! 👑👑

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

"Chaz and Camz" gives me such joy...I shall call them nothing else henceforth! 👑👑

I stole it from the Fug Girls. I wish I could take ownership.

In no way body shaming, and in fact, more body celebrating, but I love the fact that Camz doesn’t wear bras that push her boobs up to her neck. They have naturally migrated and she’s fine with it. 

I know it’s not the royal love story, and she was messy before we were using the word, but I appreciate the fact that they’ve grown together and seem perfectly happy growing old together. 

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I stole it from the Fug Girls. I wish I could take ownership.

In no way body shaming, and in fact, more body celebrating, but I love the fact that Camz doesn’t wear bras that push her boobs up to her neck. They have naturally migrated and she’s fine with it. 

I know it’s not the royal love story, and she was messy before we were using the word, but I appreciate the fact that they’ve grown together and seem perfectly happy growing old together. 

I do think Camilla is Charles' person.  She makes him a better man, and I do love to see them together.  I do like her and would love to hang out with her and have a drink, a laugh, and a ciggie.  Vanity Fair just did a piece on her which makes me love her even more.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/07/how-quarantine-introduced-the-real-camilla-to-the-world

• Like 15

5 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I actually find their love story rather sweet. I know they cheated which is bad, but I don't think either were in a marriage based on love, I certainly know Charles wasn't. I know less about Camilla's marriage. But Chaz and Camz do seem to love each other very much and make each other very, very happy and seem perfectly suited for one another so I am glad that they are able to be together in their golden years, which, given his family's stamina, could be a long time. 

• Like 14

On 7/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, merylinkid said:

Yep.   Something tells me she did this ALL her life.    Maybe if I bend over backwards daddy will love me.    Not even like he loves his other kids because I don't think he loved them very much other.    He is a narcissist who only saw ALL his children for what they could for him.   At the biggest moment of her life, he let her down -- again.   

Not to mention threw her under the bus - time and time again.

• Like 8

Not to mention threw her under the bus - time and time again.

That's what really galls me. And he keeps doing it because I guess it pays, though probably not as much as he thinks he "deserves" as the father of someone who married into the British royal family.

However, I'm not bothered so much that he failed to show up for Meghan's wedding, even though it likely hurt her a lot. I imagine he realized he wasn't going to be able to comport himself well enough with all those "fancy" people and he didn't want to be compared unfavorably to Dora. Dora seems to be the embodiment of grace, I think.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8

On 7/7/2020 at 7:22 PM, bluphoenix451 said:

I haven't listened to it, but I don't know that I'm comfortable with the idea that someone who has benefited from being a part of a systemic oppression not being able to call it out. That's what I want - I want the people who have coasted for years without any regard to the the people they use and have oppressed to stop and actually reflect and then make change. Now it remains to be seen what happens, but I want the establishment - English and otherwise - to stop ignoring or being silent about these things.

I am currently undertaking several EDI efforts in both my administrative job as well as my creative job, which is theatre. One of the reoccurring themes that I continue to bring up is that the onus on solving systemic racism cannot be placed on BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color). White people must do that, and Harry is a prime example of it. Yes, he's benefitted from systemic racism, imperialism, etc... We know British history. That's why it's necessary -- even more so than Meghan, IMO -- to speak out about its wrongness. Also, I highly doubt that Harry's done anything racist that's been publicized that he hasn't atoned or apologized for. 

And as far as Meghan's relationships, well, good relationships with no drama rarely make the press. I doubt that she's longing for friends. She seems like me in that we both roll with a close group of friends that we know aren't messy. I highly recommend it.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Like 18

https://people.com/royals/prince-charles-sees-man-faint-supermarket-distribution-center/

It was sad watching this that when a man fainted in front of Prince Charles, and he immediately puts his hand out and takes a step forward to help him, my immediate thought was:  why aren't a bunch of security people rushing in?  A sad commentary on what would have happened in the United States.  Nobody sprung forward to "protect" Prince Charles at all!  Everyone's focus, including the prince, was on the fallen man.  As it should be in a sane and just world.  I know security is important and national leaders can truly be at risk, but that risk is so magnified in everyone's minds.  It just takes over and distorts what should be simple human connections.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

5 hours ago, Frost said:

A sad commentary on what would have happened in the United States.

How is it a commentary on what would have happened in the US?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Frost said:

https://people.com/royals/prince-charles-sees-man-faint-supermarket-distribution-center/

It was sad watching this that when a man fainted in front of Prince Charles, and he immediately puts his hand out and takes a step forward to help him, my immediate thought was:  why aren't a bunch of security people rushing in?  A sad commentary on what would have happened in the United States.  Nobody sprung forward to "protect" Prince Charles at all!  Everyone's focus, including the prince, was on the fallen man.  As it should be in a sane and just world.  I know security is important and national leaders can truly be at risk, but that risk is so magnified in everyone's minds.  It just takes over and distorts what should be simple human connections.

I pretty sure the same thing would happen in the US. Actually I think it has happened in the past. From the pictures it looks like a very controlled situation so there was no need for security to rush in. Anyone who gets gets that close to Prince Charles at a controlled event has already been cleared. 

If it was an event open to the public his security would have been more reactionary. A couple of years ago a women in a crowd hugged him and his security immediately moved in. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 7

57 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Boo fucking hoo. I gather from this thread that he's completely comfortable with promoting it. Some people have no self-awareness.

Not to mention it's telling the Mr. Morgan seems to have been silent on the topic of racism but wasn't shy when criticizing those he's already hypercritical of for actually speaking out against it! 

• Like 10

Not to mention that he starts the article off with saying the video was worse than some kidnapping videos. I opened the link, read that and closed the window. There's hyperbole and then there's dumbassery. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

On July 8, 2020, at 10:45pm, truthaboutluv said:

Harry is the son of a future King. He will always be a Prince of the British Royal Family, working royal or not. 

He’s also the brother of a future King. Just a small point.

• Like 5

A broken clock is right twice a day and in this instance, after looking at interior and exterior photos of the 24,000 square foot manse valued at $20,000,000 where they are holed up, I think Piers spoke the absolute truth.

Harry and Meghan completely lack self-awareness, given that they are living the high life on everyone else's dime. (Truly, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor come to mind; the two situations are not dissimilar). They are no different from Madonna and other wealthy, privileged and removed celebs who deservedly have been smacked down for their hypocrisy. 

The house is an eight-bedroom, 12-bathroom Tuscan-style villa, which sits on 22 acres on the top of a hill in the ultra-exclusive Beverly Ridge Estates guard-gated community, offering sweeping views of the city from the backyard and with a massive swimming pool as its centrepiece feature.

It's hard to imagine a more luxurious or spacious place to spend lockdown.

Or a more incongruous place from which to lecture the world on equality.

"Equality does not put anyone on the back foot, it puts us all on the same footing - which is a fundamental human right.'

The essence of this assertion is entirely correct.

But there's something quite breathtakingly unedifying about a very rich deeply privileged Duchess banging on about equality from her $20 million borrowed mansion in Hollywood.

One of the few benefits of the coronavirus crisis has been that fame-hungry attention-seeking narcissistic celebrities have been put firmly back in their boxes.

From Madonna sitting naked in the rose-petalled bath of her lavish home as she told us COVID-19 was 'the great equaliser', to Gal Gadot's grotesquely tone-deaf annihilation of Imagine with a bunch of other tuneless virtue-signalling stars, the pandemic has exposed the utter irrelevance of celebrity culture when there's a killer virus on the loose.

'It's not going to be easy,' said Harry, 'and in some cases it's not going to be comfortable - but it needs to be done, because guess what, everybody benefits.'

Hmmm.

Again, there's nothing inaccurate about that statement, especially when applied to racism.

(Though his direct attack on the Commonwealth for its racist colonial wrongs suggests a poor grasp of history given it was formed in 1932 to bring an end to the British Empire and make amends for all the racist colonial wrongs with the British Empire.)

But there's something horribly inappropriate about it coming from a jobless prince sitting in a Hollywood mansion, living off his father's money and still reportedly using British taxpayer cash to fund his family's very expensive security costs.

In fact, it's hard to think of a more privileged, elitist life than the one they're now currently living - one that has all the luxury and glamour of royal life without the need to perform any of the duty.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, suomi said:

Harry and Meghan completely lack self-awareness, given that they are living the high life on everyone else's dime.

Where's the proof supporting this? Because the British tabloids said so? The issue of Harry and Meghan's security has been addressed multiple times, with their stating they're paying for it. Now whether or not that's bullshit and it's really Charles, until we see the receipts, there's just gossip and hearsay.

As for the home they're staying in, for all we know, they're staying there purely off Tyler's generosity. That's just it, people don't know. But it's easy to just print stuff and claim it as fact. And this from the same segment where Morgan essentially suggested Meghan is holding Harry captive? Because that woman clearly has some super powers. Kidnaps her own husband, fakes a pregnancy, set out to destroy the perfect BRF institution, etc. 

And I'm still confused as to what where Harry and Meghan are living has to do with a mere acknowledgement of "yeah the Commonwealth has an ugly history and it may not be comfortable to acknowledge or discuss it but it needs to happen" from Harry. Seriously, all this hyperbole and reaction and that's really all Harry said, 

Harry didn't start screaming and ranting about the evils of the British empire and down with the monarchy, etc. The individuals on the panel were the ones who first brought up the history of the Commonwealth as it pertains to the BLM movement and he merely agreed that yes, there is an uncomfortable and awful history.  Because that's just the facts. The fact that such an innocuous comment created such a fervor and reaction from these British media personalities and others says so much. 

Oh and we'll talk about Harry and Meghan's hypocrisy when people address Charles and William's hypocrisy of constantly touting conservation and the environment while they spend so much on their private jets and gas guzzling fancy cars and how Sophie and I believe Camilla does work for sexual assault victims and there's an alleged sexual predator in the family. And they're all doing so off "others' dime", including Andrew who still has yet to lose his HRH distinction. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 24

Wait. I'm confused. Isn't living off the largesse of Charles and Tyler Perry "living off someone else's dime"? I mean...they aren't working and making their own money and clearly someone is paying for them. 

I'm also confused why people can't be disgusted by Harry unless they also voice disgust about Andrew, Charles, William, and everyone other royal who has been or continues to be a douche.

Not every response has to be the douche-off. Calling Harry an entitled, tone-deaf asshole doesn't make anyone less of an entitled, tone-deaf asshole. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, suomi said:

A broken clock is right twice a day and in this instance, after looking at interior and exterior photos of the 24,000 square foot manse valued at $20,000,000 where they are holed up, I think Piers spoke the absolute truth.

Harry and Meghan completely lack self-awareness, given that they are living the high life on everyone else's dime. (Truly, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor come to mind; the two situations are not dissimilar). They are no different from Madonna and other wealthy, privileged and removed celebs who deservedly have been smacked down for their hypocrisy. 

I think a big aspect missing from the discussion is the context in which those comments were made. Which is why I find Morgan’s outrage disingenuous and hypocritical. He’s ranting about Harry and Meghan while never once even mentioning the four other people involved in the conversation. 

It was part of a conversation with leaders in the black community. The fact the media immediately zeroed in on the comments of the one white person in the conversation highlights exactly the underlying point of the discussion. In an ideal world Harry and Meghan wouldn’t have needed to be involved in the discussion but that’s not the world we live. Sadly the wealthy and privileged are needed to get the media to pay any attention at all. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 12

I'll just repeat. I have no real issue with Meghan. She seems fine. 

My problem is Harry. Harry fucking sucks. I'm sick of his privilege. I'm sick of his hypocrisy and I'm sick of reading Harry apologia. 

That quoted article is the only thing I've read from Piers Morgan...probably ever. He might be a total ass. Don't know. Don't care. I don't do one thing that give my entertainment dollars to him. @suomi has a point and I agree with it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

If you are black you are still considered marginalized and are subject to basic racism and, in Meghan's, case misogynoir.  You can be the richest, most visible  black person in the world and still get your ass harassed and  profiled. 

And your baby can still be compared to a monkey. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

People we don't know and will never meet have the potential to rub us the wrong way. We have an affinity for people who make a favorable impression on us, however uninformed that affinity is. Harry strikes me as an entitled dim bulb. That opinion has no more foundation in reality than my impression that his brother is intelligent, rather earnest, capable of being humble on occasion, and aware that his privilege is unearned. 

If true, I think his attitude is due to what their mother taught William about his position and about royalty. He knew his mother longer than Harry did and absorbed her teachings longer. He had the benefit of greater awareness and digestion of the principles their mother wanted to instill simply because he is three years older than Harry. 

One anecdote has always stayed with me. Diana and the boys were out somewhere and were offered a beverage and one of the boys asked for water. He wanted bottled water and was given sparkling water in a cup with a straw. He began to object and Diana, in a quiet voice, quickly and firmly told him to say thank you and accept the cup because "This is why people have a problem with how royals behave. Be grateful for what you were given."

I find validity in the rumor that the brothers had a falling-out when William advised his brother to advance his relationship with Meghan slowly. I can't be the only person who knows of similar scenarios "in real life." I can only guess as to whether William's advice, if it was given, was based on intuition or observation and what prompted it. Not all rumors are baseless. 

Time will tell. I do know that certain personality types (of all races, colors, nationalities and genders) are prone to distancing new partners from existing support systems. Time will tell. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Where's the proof supporting this?

<snip>

As for the home they're staying in, for all we know, they're staying there purely off Tyler's generosity.

<snip>

Oh and we'll talk about Harry and Meghan's hypocrisy when people address Charles and William's hypocrisy of constantly touting conservation and the environment while they spend so much on their private jets and gas guzzling fancy cars and how Sophie and I believe Camilla does work for sexual assault victims and there's an alleged sexual predator in the family. And they're all doing so off "others' dime", including Andrew who still has yet to lose his HRH distinction. 

It's the OP's opinion, and one I share. I don't think we have to give proof of our opinions. 

It doesn't matter to me who owns the home. In fact, the idea that H&M would live there rent-free doesn't make it more palatable. It's not like they're couch surfing. "They don't pay for an enormous mansion! They live there for free!" Okay, then.

To be absolutely clear, my dislike is for Harry. Meghan seems like a well-spoken young woman who has worked in her life and has important things to say. Harry literally only matters to people because of who his grandmother, mother, and now wife are/were. He may be a "nice guy", but he's perfectly ordinary on his own. He hasn't earned any of this, which is why I call him a hypocrite.

Within the last page (or two) I specifically called out Charles' hypocrisy regarding the environment.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, suomi said:

Time will tell. I do know that certain personality types (of all races, colors, nationalities and genders) are prone to distancing new partners from existing support systems. Time will tell.

I’m confused by your post. Are you saying that William had valid concerns about Harry marrying Meghan?

2 hours ago, suomi said:

One anecdote has always stayed with me. Diana and the boys were out somewhere and were offered a beverage and one of the boys asked for water. He wanted bottled water and was given sparkling water in a cup with a straw. He began to object and Diana, in a quiet voice, quickly and firmly told him to say thank you and accept the cup because "This is why people have a problem with how royals behave. Be grateful for what you were given."

Two things: 1) Harry was a child. This sounds like behavior any child would exhibit, whether they were royal. I bet any parent could tell a story like this. 2) If I’m at a restaurant and ask for Pepsi and you give me a Sprite instead, then I am going to say something. It’s not what I asked for. I’m not gonna pout, but I am going to politely ask that you give me what I ordered. I’m not understanding what the take away is here.

• Like 13

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.