Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

Just a link of Queen Jetsun looking gorgeous. 

Indeed.

Some pics with other royals:

bhutan-royals-1-2000.jpg

340?cb=20140705070403

jetsun-pema-33-a.jpg

dfdbf3a6a8da20f28aeba6041dc02cb8.jpg

And other pics:

3323634D00000578-3393983-image-a-79_1460

3323694400000578-3393983-image-a-82_1460

rs_634x1024-160413110053-634-king-queen-

Honestly, the only thing I would like to see is her trying out some color when she wears non-Bhutanese outfits.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Just a link of Queen Jetsun looking gorgeous. 

She is absolutely breathtaking. 

And Maxima is made of awesome 

• Like 10

My Dutch is rusty, so I thought maybe others' could be too.  The caption to the above Maxima post:

Queen Máxima pays a working visit to a supermarket and a waste company in Nijmegen, in the context of the impact of the corona pandemic on vital sectors. In Nijmegen-Fenikshof, Queen Máxima visits the Jumbo supermarket, where she talks to fillers, cashiers and employees of the fresh department about how they have experienced their work in recent times. ⠀ ⠀ Queen Máxima then visits waste company Dar, where she is given a tour of the environmental street. She speaks with employees of waste collection, cleaning and green management about how they deal with the increased volumes of waste from private individuals and the workload. In conclusion, Queen Máxima also speaks with other vital professional groups such as industrial cleaners and parcel deliverers about changes in their work during the corona pandemic. ⠀ Through telephone calls and, if possible, working visits, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima inform themselves about the consequences of the corona outbreak and express their support and appreciation for the efforts of so many in the fight against the pandemic. Measures are taken in consultation with the organizations involved to allow the working visits to take place

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Indeed.

Some pics with other royals:

bhutan-royals-1-2000.jpg

One of these things is not like the other...Wills looks like monkey butt standing with these other three very attractive people.

• Laugh 5

It's so nice to see pictures of other royals besides the British ones and the NotRoyals.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

On 6/4/2020 at 4:53 PM, BlackberryJam said:

One of these things is not like the other...Wills looks like monkey butt standing with these other three very attractive people.

Neither of the men are very attractive, Kate is lovely, but Jetsun is a knockout. Wow.

• Like 3

Lifetime is going to do another Harry & Meghan movie.

5 hours ago, Camille said:

What for??!

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

10 hours ago, Camille said:

They've already made two...will they recast Harry and Meghan yet again? 

Are any of them as juicily hilarious as The Princess and the Marine?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

15 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Five minutes on IMDB says that they have a good Meghan lookalike, and a good Harry lookalike, but they aren't in the same movie. So there's potential.

However, there's also a Will & Kate movie with Victor Garber as Charles? I realise I only know him from Alias, where he played the most uptight and humourless character I've ever seen. But I really don't see it. Also, he's got a broader frame and more hair.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anduin said:

Five minutes on IMDB says that they have a good Meghan lookalike, and a good Harry lookalike, but they aren't in the same movie. So there's potential.

However, there's also a Will & Kate movie with Victor Garber as Charles? I realise I only know him from Alias, where he played the most uptight and humourless character I've ever seen. But I really don't see it. Also, he's got a broader frame and more hair.

That was Hallmark's William and Kate movie, which aired after the wedding and had a higher budget than the better-known Lifetime version. Jean Smart was Camilla and I remember the Queen playing Wii at some point. Here are a couple of teasers:

And here's the Lifetime movie trailer:

The tentative title of the upcoming Lifetime movie is Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace. It cracks me up that there's going to be a whole Harry and Meghan trilogy!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Those movies make the old soap Passions look like high art.

I sincerely hope there is at least one scene of Hars and Megs actually running out of a palace. 

In much more attractive royal news, more adorable Estelle and Oscar.

I so want Oscar and Charlotte to be besties at some school. 

Here is some hot Carl Philip and Sofia. I’m catching some idea of a Swedish national day with flag raising, but my translate isn’t working right.

This is a total Swedish charm attack.

• Like 9

I sincerely hope there is at least one scene of Hars and Megs actually running out of a palace. 

In slow motion?

• Laugh 15

I'd say more likely a Coldplay song.

Or something in that vein.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Carl Philip and Sofia are such a gorgeous-looking couple.

• Like 4

I'd probably find those pictures of the Swedes cuter if I hadn't just watched Midsommar.

• Laugh 2

Boo on Prince Daniel for not dressing up.   Everyone else did.   Oscar is all kinds of adorable.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

On 6/6/2020 at 8:30 AM, Dejana said:

They made two?? Really? Of course I believe you but what was the second one about?

Because I’m an adult I used all powerful google, it’s about Their first year of marriage .

• Like 6

On 6/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, truthaboutluv said:

lol, sorry. 

Here's an edited version of the video from The Telegraph, for those who don't want to have to click the link. 

"I wasn’t sure what I could say to you. I wanted to say the right thing, and I was realIy nervous that I wouldn’t or that it would get picked apart, and I realized the only wrong thing to say is to say nothing, because George Floyd’s life mattered, and Breonna Taylor’s life mattered, and Philando Castile’s life mattered, and Tamir Rice’s life mattered, and so did so many other people whose names we know and whose names we do not know. Stephon Clarke, his life mattered."

The fact Meghan didn’t want to voice her opinion because she knew her words would be picked apart by certain people but she marched on because she couldn’t remain silent. #BlackLivesMatter

B17A6CEC-67CE-4A89-A7FA-C98CE300D5AC.jpeg.e722e63df6ddcf430bca2d67dd43d32f.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Camille said:

Federal prosecutors have officially asked to talk to Prince Andrew regarding Jeffrey Epstein

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1227146

I think Queen Elizabeth is going to be VERY happy when this year is over.

Didn't he say he would fully cooperate in any investigation?   guess its time to see if he meant it.

She thought 1992 was bad with both Andrew and Charles announcing their divorces and Windsor Castle catching fire.   

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Didn't he say he would fully cooperate in any investigation?   guess its time to see if he meant it.

She thought 1992 was bad with both Andrew and Charles announcing their divorces and Windsor Castle catching fire.   

At the time he said it, prosecutors here in the US called him out and said he had been uncooperative at every turn.  It would be great if somehow British authorities are able to get him to cooperate, but I bet he won't.

According to the news, he would not be under oath in any interview; and, given his penchant for being less than truthful, I don't think the authorities actually expect to get any useful info out of him.  This is a guy who claimed he didn't know a woman after photos surfaced of him with his arm around her.

Based on how poorly he did in the TV interview that ended his days as a working royal, I am sure Andrew's attorneys are concerned that he will be just as terrible when talking to the feds and heaven knows what might happen then.  Andrew has proven himself to be completely clueless as to how he comes across in interviews and dumb, too.

• Like 7

On 6/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, Ohwell said:

Carl Philip and Sofia are such a gorgeous-looking couple.

Yes, they are well matched in the looks dept.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zella said:

He's now claiming he's offered his assistance 3 times. I don't believe him at all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/uk/prince-andrew-us-doj-epstein-investigation-gbr-intl/index.html

I presume what Andrew offered was to answer questions only if granted blanket immunity from prosecution.  He might've even demanded that the DA's office issue a statement clearing him of all wrongdoing and claiming his innocence of all possible charges in return.  He probably wanted all questions, in advance, in writing and probably wanted to give written responses to them with the assistance of his legal team.  He might've even demanded to pick and choose which questions to answer or to give them a written statement and not answer any questions at all.  I think the 'assistance' Andrew offered was minimal and came at a very steep price; so steep the prosecutors weren't interested.

If Andrew has really been so incredibly cooperative and forthcoming, why did he say in his TV interview that he hadn't spoken to authorities and that he would need to consult with a lot of legal experts and then only do so if they felt there was no other way?  That doesn't sound like a cooperative witness to me.

The main issue seems to me that one of the parties in this dispute has very good reason to lie, the other doesn't.  Why would the prosecutors be repeatedly saying he offered 'zero cooperation' and file an official request for an interview if Andrew was so willing to help?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 13

Trade Prince Andrew for the American woman that killed the kid when she drove on the wrong side of the road. I’m disgusted she’s getting away with that.  It may be an accident/mistake, but those parents will never get their kid back.  I’d totally be extraditing her butt. I don’t agree with diplomats getting away with crimes. Whether it’s foreigners doing it here, or Americans doing it in other countries. 

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I came to share this post. 

99 years is a long life by far. I know he hasn’t been well, but he was able to get dressed and stand for the photo. 

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

He looks terrifying.

Not quite the dashing young naval officer that she fell for 80 years ago. 
I do hope he makes it until this pandemic is over. It would be so sad if, after all those years, he got a funeral with the Queen and a few others. (Yes, I know he’s a jerk and probably a racist, but he was also one of the hardest working Royals out there.)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I do hope he makes it until this pandemic is over. It would be so sad if, after all those years, he got a funeral with the Queen and a few others. (Yes, I know he’s a jerk and probably a racist, but he was also one of the hardest working Royals out there.)

I’m not putting anyone in the grave but we all die eventually. If he were to die soon, I’m sure they would do a full state memorial as soon as it was possible. At least he and HM can spend time together during all this. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

He looks terrifying.

My first thought was that he looks like Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Liz looks like a spring chicken next to him. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I've said it before, but I do not understand why he was thought of as so handsome. I don't think he was good looking at all, the way he looks now is exactly what I would expect him to look like based on how he looked then. 

• Like 3

To me, younger him with a beard looks like Harry with a beard. Quite fetching in both cases. 

• Like 3

In uniform and younger looking Philip was HOT.    Now, well, he is 99.    At least they are still active.   Philip might be retired but he is still doing things just on his own schedule.  The Queen looks positively radiant.   

May they both remain with us a good while yet.   

• Like 13

Count me as someone who never thought Phillip was hot. He had clear skin and a nice bearing, but not...hot. But I think many royals get judged on a different scale. 

Someone who does not need judged on the sliding scale of royals, is Princess Madeleine of Sweden. She's stunning. Those eyes. Happy birthday.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

In uniform and younger looking Philip was HOT.    Now, well, he is 99.    At least they are still active.   Philip might be retired but he is still doing things just on his own schedule.  The Queen looks positively radiant.   

May they both remain with us a good while yet.   

About the time of Her Majesty's 90th Birthday, Prince Charles showed some of his parents' home movies from the early part of their marriage with various royals commenting. At one point, Prince Phillip c. age 30 was in sunglasses and both the Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex commented how much of a 'stud' their grandfather was at that point (something I seriously doubt the Prince of Wales got the same candid reactions when HE was that age). 

In any case,not only was it his rugged Viking physique that attracted the Heiress Presumptive of Great Britain but since he'd been essentially on his own since he was about ten  who would candidly admit he had no home at the time AND not a wit daunted by the experience, it's likely she thought it was refreshing to have someone around who was irreverent and irrepressible in contrast to countless courtiers, relatives, etc. who fawned nonstop- yet determined to keep things 'as was' while her husband was a hands-on innovator! 

Yes, I think Her Majesty feels relieved that she CAN get to spend more time with him than she would have otherwise via this affliction.

True, he's definitely seen better days but he's sure seen a LOT of them (and may be hoping to get that Special Telegram this time next year). From the latest photo, it appears at best the Duke of Edinburgh's annoyed at having to take yet another [blanking] picture and at worst seems confused about what's going on if not who he is.  Yes, I am well aware of his faults but it's still sad to see things come to this for this onetime dashing character who'd been so dynamic and vital for so many decades. 

Happy (belated) Birthday, Your Highness

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 9

To each their own, but I thought younger Philip was hot and, still, at 99 I am not surprised he looks like Mongomery Burns--who is not hot. Also, the more I learn about young, middle-aged, and old Phil makes all incarnatuons of him not so hot.

• Like 7

On the hot vs. not-hot thing, I'm in the "Philip was hot" camp. IMO like most people, he's a complex mixture of strengths and weaknesses, and I don't think he's a waste of space. At 99 he looks rather cadaverous, but then, on my 99th birthday I will no doubt have long been a cadaver, so there's that. 

• Like 8

Maybe it’s just always knowing he’s a racist piece of trash but I’ve never found that man, in real life or in old pictures, the least bit attractive.

Edited by ursula
  • Like 2

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.