Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

There are plenty of Meghan doing yoga photos out there that could have been pulled. 

Some other woman earned that amazing body and no one should steal it from her.

This photo shop is an insult to both women. 

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

There are plenty of Meghan doing yoga photos out there that could have been pulled. 

I mean yes but the article is that she is picking up kickboxing during this time. I mean it’s stupid but look at the source. I am actually surprised anyone was confused because it’s such bad photoshop (not to mention the credit).

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I mean yes but the article is that she is picking up kickboxing during this time. I mean it’s stupid but look at the source. I am actually surprised anyone was confused because it’s such bad photoshop (not to mention the credit).

I thought it was that they got an old copy of her resume and she took kickboxing back when she was acting and now that old instructor is making a few bucks by throwing some nice quotes at a tabloid. In other words, not anything that is news at all.

59 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Could be I just skimmed the first paragraph. My point is that the paper and others of this ilk do it all the time when they are talking about a celebrity who has taken up hobby or done something and they don’t have a picture it had nothing to do with Meghan’s body not being good enough. 

Edited by biakbiak

Of course they did it because they thought Meghan’s body wasn’t good enough. If they thought her body was good enough, they would have used a photo of her. This sort of thing is just degrading to women.

Anyway. On to some royals being royal.

Here are the Belgian kids doing calls to the vulnerable. 

Also, here is a retrospective of Maxima’s hats (and jewels.)

https://www.gofugyourself.com/lets-revisit-the-many-great-hats-of-queen-maxima-05-2020

She just always looks so damn happy.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

ause they thought Meghan’s body wasn’t good enough. If they thought her body was good enough, they would have used a photo of her. This sort of thing is just degrading to women.

If they had a photo of her kickboxing they would have used that. This style of thing (creating the image they want) isn’t reserved for women or physical activity.

i mean the pic on the previous page was literally used by them when they were writing an article about her doing yoga.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3

It is Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry’s 2nd wedding anniversary. Blessings to them. 

E33A3DCB-7B98-41EE-B8CD-0F252D8C94C1.jpeg

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Like 21

8 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Also, here is a retrospective of Maxima’s hats (and jewels.)

Her expression would indicate that even she knows that this is just kooky, lol. 

Screenshot (424).png

She really has some contradictory looks doesn't she?  Sometimes elegant and stylish, and other times well, not so much.  I never knew of these people before reading here, but just from photos I get the impression that really do like and enjoy each other very much.  It's nice to see.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Her expression would indicate that even she knows that this is just kooky, lol. 

Screenshot (424).png

She really has some contradictory looks doesn't she?  Sometimes elegant and stylish, and other times well, not so much.  I never knew of these people before reading here, but just from photos I get the impression that really do like and enjoy each other very much.  It's nice to see.

she approved the design and/or saw it and liked it.    sometimes you gotta remind yourself you aren't walking the catwalk in Paris and you gotta say no to whatever "vision" the designer is pushing.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I seriously thought someone had taken a sharpie to this picture.  Took me reading the comment to realize that is a ... hat...?

Right?  lol

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I seriously thought someone had taken a sharpie to this picture.  Took me reading the comment to realize that is a ... hat...?

Same!  😂

• Like 2

The Scandi Royals, at least those who are fortyish, really seem to get along. CP Victoria and Daniel of Sweden, CP Frederik and Mary of Denmark, CP Haakon and Mette Marit of Norway seem to all travel pretty much in the same circle. Each of the CPs married for love (despite SCANDAL in Haakon's case) and have kids nearish the same age. 

Harry and Wills are just a little bit younger.

Maxima and Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands are a little older (49/52) but they seem to get along with everyone. There are fantastic photos of Maxima laughing with Obama. She and WAx are apparently close with Masako and Naruhito of Japan. 

Here is Maxima with Mary and Mette Marit at Victoria's wedding.

l-rprincess-mary-of-denmark-crown-prince

There are a bunch of these three chatting and it just cracks me up because I imagine they are dishing fashion and hats. Also, when Victoria and Daniel pass by, they all seem to be dabbing their eyes.

Maxima's exuberance seems to rub off on everyone.

5d9f974ca914051610181c43f2df2a7e.jpg

Even getting a smile out of QE2.

The Belgians, King Phillipe (60) and Mathilde (47) are a little more lowkey. Phillipe has had to deal with the drama of his illegitimate half sister and his father's hot mess with that for decades. 

The Luxes are just waiting for Henri to step down...or at least tell his wife Maria Teresa to stop abusing the staff. Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Stephanie seem to hang with the Scandis, but it took her about seven years to produce an heir and the pressure was on. 

I suspect they all like Letizia but had to get past her resting annoyed face.

Royals are entertaining. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I thought that was some kind of Wi-Fi antenna ! I mean, perhaps with Holland's dams, dikes and swampy places, there might be problems with the reception, right?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I mean, I don't know if she's calling it a hat, but it's a headband, if you ask me.

I don't think it's fascinating enough to be a fascinator.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I'm imagining it was a windy day, and there was a hat attached to that frame, but it blew off.

She has had some goofy hats, but then they all have. Look back at some of those pictures of QEII and Princess Anne from the 70s when the style was to loosely drape some fabric around one's head. No structure to them at all and horribly hideous.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima look like they would be a hoot to know. They always seem to be having fun, and they clearly delight in each other's company. It's lovely to see. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DearEvette said:

The way I just hollered. LMAO.

• Like 1

William and Kate take a turn at Bingo Calling.   William should keep his day job.   Watch for the little old lady's candid opinion at the end.

• Laugh 7

William should keep his day job.   

Did no one explain to them how to call bingo numbers or do they do it differently in the UK? I thought you were supposed to say the column letter and then the number. Wills and Kate did it like they were announcing the Powerball numbers.

Sorry, William. Matthew McConaughey called and wants his shtick back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did no one explain to them how to call bingo numbers or do they do it differently in the UK? I thought you were supposed to say the column letter and then the number. Wills and Kate did it like they were announcing the Powerball numbers.

They do it differently in the UK. The card layout has more than 5 columns so the letters aren’t used. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Maybe people will stop Yoko Oh No ing Meghan now, though I doubt it.

No, they'll just say she forced Harry to write the book and take the blame.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Prince William Says Having Kids Brought Back Emotions From Diana's Death

The British royal opened up about his emotional state in the new documentary Football, Prince William and Our Mental Health, which is set to air on BBC One in the U.K. on Thursday, May 28.

In a discussion with former professional footballer Marvin Sordell, who grew up without a father, William discussed his own childhood trauma, after losing his mother, Diana, in a car accident in 1997 when he was just 15 and his brother, Prince Harry, was 12.

“I think when you’ve been through something traumatic in life – and that is like you say your dad not being around, my mother dying when I was younger – your emotions come back in leaps and bounds because it’s a very different phase of life,” the Duke of Cambridge admitted. “And there’s no one there to, kind of, help you, and I definitely found it very, at times, overwhelming.”

He added, “I think emotionally, things come out of the blue that you don’t ever expect or maybe you think you’ve dealt with and so I can completely relate to what you’re saying about children coming along, it’s one of the most amazing moments of life but it’s also one of the scariest.”

William reassured Sordell that his father “would be very proud of you,” prompting the athlete to respond, “So would your mum.” The prince smiled and replied, “I appreciate that.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/other/prince-william-says-having-kids-brought-back-emotions-from-diana-s-death/ar-BB14vg9H

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

I believe CP Victoria did something similar as part of her education, along with a diplomatic course as well. Elisabeth is the eldest in her crop of female heirs, (Leonor, Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid-Alexandra, Estelle) to reach 18, we'll see what the others do, it might become a lot more common. Normally it has been much more of a male royal role, for both heirs and spares. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, Camille said:

Harry used to give interviews where he talked about how unsure he was of being a full time royal but I think most people thought that would mean staying in the military his whole career or disappearing off to Africa full time or something. Not living in a huge mansion in LA, with lots of A list friends, seeming to want to start a celebrity/ philanthropy//influencer/royal hybrid life so I think Meghan will continue to get a lot of the blame for that, even if it's 50% or even 90% driven by Harry because it fits with the narrative that started as soon as their dating became public.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 9

This thread needs a "hot" reaction. "Like" seems insufficient for the last two photos. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 7

Oh...Fred is improving with age, those EYES.

And he’s romantic as well. His wedding speech to Mary always gets me.

• Like 2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-report-074526890.html

I have no idea if this is accurate--it is a tabloid after all--but I have to admit that as much as I love them, I'm a tiny bit unsympathetic. Of all the places to move because you want privacy, you choose LA? 

There's another article, much nicer (which I've lost unfortunately), that has Kate denying reports of clashes with Meghan.

• Like 5

Tatler has an unnecessarily catty piece about Kate--

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-duchess-of-cambridge-is-the-julyaugust-cover

I really don't know why they had to bring Meghan up in this article.  For me, it makes me think less of Kate.  Kate is upset that she actually has to work instead of Harry and Meghan.  I get wanting to be hands-on parents, but how many other women are working moms?  And how many of those working moms have no other help?  Of course, this is still unnamed sources speaking and I do wonder if it's the Kensington Palace PR doing its spin yet again.  

• Like 1

KP said they had nothing to do with the piece. And well...it's Tatler. Not like they are doing a sit down with Anderson Cooper. They've done pretty well during the pandemic and I really can't see them leaking stuff that comes off that poorly. It's William's actual comments to people that are tone deaf, not their PR leaks. The cover picture of her is gorgeous though.

In more exciting news, CAMILLA!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Camille said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-report-074526890.html

I have no idea if this is accurate--it is a tabloid after all--but I have to admit that as much as I love them, I'm a tiny bit unsympathetic. Of all the places to move because you want privacy, you choose LA? 

There's another article, much nicer (which I've lost unfortunately), that has Kate denying reports of clashes with Meghan.

The quotes certainly sound like someone close to them or someone who really supports them commented to The Daily Beast, saying "they're paying for their own security, they're worried about protecting their family. they can't live like this, they're real people". It had been reported in the UK over the weekend that the Home Secretary had to step in and explain to them that the UK taxpayer wouldn't pay for royal protection officers after March 31st especially in a different country, which alledgedly they had been counting on and costs a lot of money.

I do feel some sympathy for them as I would loath that kind of invasion of privacy and they are real people with feelings but they did chose to move to LA and wanted to start a celebrity-royal-influencer lifestyle. It was always going to be like this. If they were living in a quiet place outside LA or still in Canada off the beaten track looking to do something completely different I'd be much more sympathetic. 

24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really don't know why they had to bring Meghan up in this article.  For me, it makes me think less of Kate.  Kate is upset that she actually has to work instead of Harry and Meghan.  I get wanting to be hands-on parents, but how many other women are working moms?  And how many of those working moms have no other help?  Of course, this is still unnamed sources speaking and I do wonder if it's the Kensington Palace PR doing its spin yet again.  

Kensington Palace has denied Kate or anyone close to her spoke to Tatler for this article. Tatler doesn't like either Kate or Meghan and constantly acts like only the daughter of an aristocrat would have been good enough for either of the Wales boys or even better a Swedish or Greek princess. And they really don't like Carole Middleton, to them she's worse than Voldemort and Machiavelli combined in her hunt and scheming for blue blood. 

I can see how it has thrown a lot of things up in the air for the future in general though. They have been pretty visible in the UK during lockdown though and are getting quite a bit of praise for it so they don't need anti Meghan spin at the moment. 

ETA:

Camilla and Taika are not a combination I'd ever have thought of but that sounds awesome. I'll head over and check it out. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Camille said:

In the article, they mention Meghan and Harry being harassed by the paps when they were living in a totally remote area in Canada.  When was that?  I thought they were in either the Toronto or Vancouver areas.  Hardly remote.  Or does the author think all of Canada is remote?

I, too, question their decision to settle in LA, if they are indeed seeking privacy and a “normal life”.  Frankly, I am doubting they want even wealthy normal, I think they want fancy celebrity normal.  

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Camilla and Taika are not a combination I'd ever have thought of but that sounds awesome. I'll head over and check it out. 

It was fun. I've been watching Taika and friends doing the reading from the beginning. It was fun to see Camilla show up. She seemed a bit nervous but I think she did well for a non-actor. Taika is, as always, hilarious. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

In the article, they mention Meghan and Harry being harassed by the paps when they were living in a totally remote area in Canada.  When was that?  I thought they were in either the Toronto or Vancouver areas.  Hardly remote.  Or does the author think all of Canada is remote?

I, too, question their decision to settle in LA, if they are indeed seeking privacy and a “normal life”.  Frankly, I am doubting they want even wealthy normal, I think they want fancy celebrity normal.  

Yeah they were on Vancouver Island near Victoria, so out of the way compared to London or L.A. but hardly the boonies. 

6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Kensington Palace has denied Kate or anyone close to her spoke to Tatler for this article.

I would find it surprising if the Cambridges and the people in their inner circle participated in the writing of the profile if only because it was written by Anna Pasternak, who wrote the James Hewitt tell all "Princess in Love," which I would think would make her persona non grata to both William and Harry.

Plus from the sounds of it the profile really gets digs in at Carole and Pippa in a way which makes me think the sources are people who run in royal circles while looking down on Kate and her family because they're "commoners."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah they were on Vancouver Island near Victoria, so out of the way compared to London or L.A. but hardly the boonies. 

Well, according to Janet Street Porter Victoria is a "characterless backwater" and the house they where staying in was "handily situated for the local airport, a couple of motels and coffee shops," which is a rather hilarious description because it makes it sound like Harry and Meghan were slumming it on Skid Row when they were actually staying in North Saanich which is full of rich people and mansions.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Steph J said:

Plus from the sounds of it the profile really gets digs in at Carole and Pippa in a way which makes me think the sources are people who run in royal circles while looking down on Kate and her family because they're "commoners."

What I found funny about the article is they sort of laid the groundwork for a reader to doubt their credibility by saying how controlled Kate is, how careful she is, how practiced she is, how you don't really see her hanging out with her close friends in public, and how she retreats to her close knit family when the going gets tough.

And yet we're to believe that the woman they described in the article would also blab all to people who tattle to the Tatler?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Having now read the article it seems like someone had the idea for a "Catherine the Great" headline about lockdown and other things but the person or people who actually wrote the article wanted to rehash more of the stuff against the Middletons particularly about her mother, how boring she is, how out of touch and modern day Stepford, make personal remarks about her body. Toss in a few Meghan bits designed to stoke controversy against both and a few backhanded compliments and you have a complete mess of an article that doesn't really make sense. It's pretty much a collection of the same thing they've been saying since before they got married. 

10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It was fun. I've been watching Taika and friends doing the reading from the beginning. It was fun to see Camilla show up. She seemed a bit nervous but I think she did well for a non-actor. Taika is, as always, hilarious. 

Yeah I watched it, I thought it was fun too. Nice project for her to be involved in, especially as she is keen on increased literacy. 

The area where Harry and Meghan were supposed to be staying, including Vancouver Island in general, looked really nice. I thought if that's what the want to do with their lives I don't blame them.

The celebrity/royal hybrid live in LA is much less understandable for a couple who want their privacy and have such a hated of the press and expectations. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

The celebrity/royal hybrid live in LA is much less understandable for a couple who want their privacy and have such a hated of the press and expectations. 

I don’t understand why people are baffled about their move to LA. It’s Meghan’s hometown. She grew up there. Additionally her mother resides there, not to mention numerous friends and contacts. Despite the media, they no doubt have a strong support system there. 

So of course they were going to move to LA. Where else would they go if they planned to spend a significant amount of time in the U.S? Really no other place makes sense to me.  Though Vancouver Island was nice I don’t think that was ever sustainable long term, really any part of Canada for that matter. Neither are Canadian citizens which limited the amount of time they could spend there. The U.S. is a more viable option being as Meghan is already a citizen. So it’d only be Harry who’d need some type of visa, rather than the both of them. And I’m pretty sure they have several options to choose from to get him the necessary paperwork to remain in the U.S. long term, with his marriage to a U.S. citizen being a plus. 

• Like 14

I know Meghan's mother lives there and Canada wasn't sustainable especially after Trudeau made it clear they wouldn't get special treatment for visa or security etc. 

It was just surprising for a couple who claim intolerable press and public intrusion into their lives was a key factor in leaving royal duties, who announced more than once they won't deal with the tabloid press any more, to move to the celebrity and paparazzi capital of the world. Where there is much less protection against being photographed doing ordinary things than the royals generally have in the UK. There are plenty of places relatively close by to LA that aren't as accessible or frankly as gossip worthy as Tyler Perry's spare mansion.

Right now it just feeds into the narrative rightly or wrongly that the last thing they actually want is a private life. They just wanted a wealthy A-list celebrity-royal-philanthropist life on their terms rather than often boring royal duties and restrictions. Whilst still keeping many of the perks and dipping in and out (which was nixed by the Queen). Which is fair enough, but changes how sympathetic I feel about their situation because nothing they currently seem to want is going to slow down the hateful barrage of gossip about them (and I do believe it has been deliberately hateful) and it's going to further increase when they start up their lifestyle brand and promote themselves and their causes. 

Although to be clear no one deserves to feel unsafe in their own home and everyone is entitled to privacy wherever they live. It's just a question of discussing where their actual priorities for the shock announcement lie. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 12

21 hours ago, Featherhat said:

The quotes certainly sound like someone close to them or someone who really supports them commented to The Daily Beast, saying "they're paying for their own security, they're worried about protecting their family. they can't live like this, they're real people".

Aren't those things they said when publicly stepping down? Particularly Harry? So are these quotes really indicative of speaking to someone close to them or just an author using old quotes to bolser an article that's filled with half-truths and speculation?

Kind of like the headlines that ran some weeks ago about unhappy Harry in LA who is telling friends how he misses his Army friends. Yeah except he left the Army in 2015 and was quoted back then about missing it. So yeah, he said it - five years ago. 

4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

after Trudeau made it clear they wouldn't get special treatment for visa or security etc. 

He did? From what I've observed, Trudeau's been fairly mum about Harry and Meghan, outside of welcoming them to the country. Which is probably why it was weeks before media even knew they'd left the country, when the British press was still reporting about their supposed life in Vancouver. 

4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It was just surprising for a couple who claim intolerable press and public intrusion into their lives was a key factor in leaving royal duties, who announced more than once they won't deal with the tabloid press any more, to move to the celebrity and paparazzi capital of the world.

It's all interpretation isn't it? Because what I felt Harry and Meghan made very clear numerous times was that what they found intolerable was a British press system that essentially attacked and vilified them daily, well Meghan really, through lies after lies, after lies.

And then because of the twisted fucked up British Royal System, they still had to work with these same people because of the Royal Rota. I've also never heard Harry and Meghan mention anything about public intrusion in their lives. And again, not dealing with the tabloid press equals key British tabloid publications, which they went as far as specifically listing.

Again, the ones who make it a daily sport to make up flat out blanket lies to continue to create and push a narrative to villainize and make them seem like the most awful people in the world. That's who they have a problem with. And these people are not in LA. 

Also, the being harassed in their home, that's also British tabloid press, specifically the Daily Mail, who were sending drones to get overhead shots of their home, which they ran in their rag. The only people continuing to harass Harry and Meghan, are the British tabloid press with their dying publications that need to keep feeding their rabid readers who feed of the hate and negativity they spew. 

They're the ones making a big deal about them living in some mansion owned by Tyler Perry like it's something disgusting and shameful, as if the whole damn Royal Family aren't curled up in their massive castles right now. Because while LA is filled with paparazzi yes, it's also filled with many famous people. 

In other words, American tabloid media don't need to chase and bother Harry and Meghan every day. Hell, Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas gives them a daily pap walk. There's plenty for them to focus on as opposed to the British press who needs their favorite punching bags as a shield for all the many fucked up and real news they should report on that they conveniently want off their front pages. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 20

Other celebrities have said they feel a marked difference in the level of paparazzi and celeb-watchers when in LA vs New York, where apparently it's easier to go about your business fairly undisturbed.  Los Angeles is the worst when it comes to paparazzi chases, because the laws are more lax.  And the US in general is worse about photographing children of famous parents than the UK, Europe, or Canada.  But, US media may be more friendly to Meghan and Harry than UK media, so I guess it's a toss-up.

• Like 5

On 5/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, GaT said:

1 hour ago, ancslove said:

Other celebrities have said they feel a marked difference in the level of paparazzi and celeb-watchers when in LA vs New York, where apparently it's easier to go about your business fairly undisturbed.  Los Angeles is the worst when it comes to paparazzi chases, because the laws are more lax.  And the US in general is worse about photographing children of famous parents than the UK, Europe, or Canada.  But, US media may be more friendly to Meghan and Harry than UK media, so I guess it's a toss-up.

I'm 99% sure there was a stricter law about papping celebrity kids instated a while back in California. Isn't that still in effect? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.