Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

15 minutes ago, Calvada said:

When I saw that picture, I immediately wondered what size shoe she wears!  

I've seen high heels with a point out front, where no toe could possibly fit. Seen something similar in men's office shoes too.

Unfortunately, Sweden has been very lax with their social distancing/stay at home and is experiencing a HUGE surge in cases.  

Not exactly.

I am also wondering about Sweden. The cumulative case rate is twice that of Denmark and Norway but the case-fatality rate is about four times that of Norway and over twice that of
Denmark. It makes me wonder if they have a higher ratio of cases among the elderly.

I think the jury is still out whether Sweden's approach will be more successful in comparison in the long run. Right now, the numbers are barely comparable between countries considering testing rates and the directions the virus is moving. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, supposebly said:

I am also wondering about Sweden. The cumulative case rate is twice that of Denmark and Norway but the case-fatality rate is about four times that of Norway and over twice that of
Denmark. It makes me wonder if they have a higher ratio of cases among the elderly.

Pretty much.

In other news, Meghan will be featured on Good Morning America tomorrow to promote Elephant.  Not sure if it's an actual interview, or just her introducing a clip package from the documentary.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GaT said:

Considering how the Sussexes had initiated slander suits against some of the tabloids months ago, I'm surprised they didn't declare that course of action at the time! I mean, it's a bit tricky to maintain a case against a party one believes has wronged you if you don't keep everything to a 'nothing but de rigeur legal communications' deal since the other party could   try to use one's communications with them as a means to bolster their own case! 

Of course, I doubt that said tabloids won't try to use this newest declarations against them in   the legal courts and/or the court of public opinion. 

• Like 3

We've got serious shit going on all around the world, and the LAST thing we care about is H&M's snit fit with the British press.   Get over yourselves.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

While I understand where they are coming from, I can’t help be confused... If you wanted out of the tabloid spotlight, why are you in LA? I know it seems Meghan is getting back into acting, I just saw something on FB promoting the Disney doc narrated by her this morning, but certainly you don’t have to live in the center of paparazzi- land. Wouldn’t that make it harder to disengage? I’ve supported them stepping back, and see how the media has been awful to them, but I am seeing these contradictions and wondering how effective they can be in stepping back and protecting their privacy when they obviously still want to be public figures on their terms. I worry about their safety and security with all this. After all, Diana was a master at using the press to enhance her image and craft a narrative(using the Taj Mahal pic to say her marriage was in trouble for example) and look at what happened to her and the role the press played in her death. I hope they know what they are doing.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Just because the Coronavirus is an important topic doesn't mean that people cannot carry out other business as usual.

It's not like the scandal rags are no longer churning out garbage every day just because of Covid-19.  I'm pretty sure The Sun still has a photo of a topless girl on page 3 every day.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

If you wanted out of the tabloid spotlight, why are you in LA?

This x one gazillion.  They didn't want to be out of the press, they just wanted to control the press, and for it to be only positive.  "We hate the press!"  "We're handing out food to the homeless! (Harry, you did remember to call the paps, right?)  "We're moving to paparazzi central!"

• Like 12
  • Laugh 2

41 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Just because the Coronavirus is an important topic doesn't mean that people cannot carry out other business as usual. What are they supposed to do? Think and write about the coronavirus 24/7? Other things are allowed to happen. They're capable of multi-tasking.

ETA: Also, weren't they just spotted handing out food to the homeless in LA?? Seems to me they have their eye on the ball.

Yet another poorly drafted announcement that they don't like the tabloid press and aren't going to play that game may be "business as usual" for Harry, but that doesn't mean it's necessary, well-timed, tactful or appropriate.

Stop saying you're are going to ignore the tabloid press and start, you know, actually ignoring the tabloid press. 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Yet another poorly drafted announcement

Do you mind explaining what makes it poorly drafted? Are you speaking as to content or spelling/grammatical errors? 

• Like 1

I guess I'm confused because I thought the whole boycotting the royal rota thing meant they were no longer engaging with the tabloids, but I guess not?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I guess I'm confused because I thought the whole boycotting the royal rota thing meant they were no longer engaging with the tabloids, but I guess not?

My thought when seeing this news was that they made this formal announcement in light of them not being senior working royals as of April 1. While they may have made statements prior to April 1, they were still senior working royals at the time. I believe this is the first time they've made a formal statement regarding the British tabloids since April 1. If I'm wrong, then I'm happy to be corrected.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 minute ago, PepSinger said:

Do you mind explaining what makes it poorly drafted? Are you speaking as to content or spelling/grammatical errors? 

I don't give enough of a dusty fuck about these two over-privileged snotrags to do a full edit of their latest word vomit, but THIS:

"slice of the media, over many years, has sought to insulate themselves"

makes my eye twitch. I'm seriously done with them and their announcements. Until one of them goes out wearing a great hat or some fun fashion, I got nothing. 

In MUCH more interesting news, the QE2 turns 94 tomorrow. Some great photos on the royal family instagram stories. 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/theroyalfamily/2291539014095562036/

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

5 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

My thought when seeing this news was that they made this formal announcement in light of them not being senior working royals as of April 1. While they may have made statements prior to April 1, they were still senior working royals at the time. I believe this is the first time they've made a formal statement regarding the British tabloids since April 1. If I'm wrong, then I'm happy to be corrected.

I could see that. It might have been helpful for them to reiterate that point. It almost seems like it is a fresh announcement rather than a continuation of a thought previously expressed, which is what confused me.

• Like 4

Oh, Max and WAx. I totally need an iPad tripod because all of my Zoom meetings either cut off my chin or have the other participants looking up my nose.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Oh, Max and WAx. I totally need an iPad tripod because all of my Zoom meetings either cut off my chin or have the other participants looking up my nose.

I would love a set up like this!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

Just because the Coronavirus is an important topic doesn't mean that people cannot carry out other business as usual. What are they supposed to do? Think and write about the coronavirus 24/7? Other things are allowed to happen. They're capable of multi-tasking.

ETA: Also, weren't they just spotted handing out food to the homeless in LA?? Seems to me they have their eye on the ball.

Regarding the bolded: They were delivering food on behalf of Project Angel Food LA

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just amazoned a desk tripod. Now I need a painting of a Dutch monarch to mount on the wall and look down on me in disapproval.

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Don’t hit post while on the phone.
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

While I understand where they are coming from, I can’t help be confused... If you wanted out of the tabloid spotlight, why are you in LA? I know it seems Meghan is getting back into acting, I just saw something on FB promoting the Disney doc narrated by her this morning, but certainly you don’t have to live in the center of paparazzi- land. Wouldn’t that make it harder to disengage? I’ve supported them stepping back, and see how the media has been awful to them, but I am seeing these contradictions and wondering how effective they can be in stepping back and protecting their privacy when they obviously still want to be public figures on their terms. I worry about their safety and security with all this. After all, Diana was a master at using the press to enhance her image and craft a narrative(using the Taj Mahal pic to say her marriage was in trouble for example) and look at what happened to her and the role the press played in her death. I hope they know what they are doing.

I see Harry and Meghan moving to LA as a way for them to blend in and have less paparazzi following them at every turn.  They are now not the only gazelles at the watering hole so to speak.  They are living in a place where hundreds of other celebrities are located.  Celebrities who have their people call the paps to follow them to the grocery store, or like Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas call them for their daily dog walk.  In LA the paps follow the thirsty celebs.  Harry and Meghan will have more freedom there than in a place where they are the only game in town.  

• Like 16
  • Useful 2

14 hours ago, Zella said:

14 hours ago, PepSinger said:

When they were senior royals, the press (the Royal Rota) went along on every official thing they did, including these 4 tabloids. When they stopped being senior royals, they stopped having to have the royal rota following them around. What they are saying now is that they will no longer answer any questions from any of these tabloids (except if it requires a lawyer). Normally tabloids try to contact the people they are writing a story about & get them to comment on it. What H&M are saying now is that they will no longer respond to any requests/questions from these 4 tabloids. 

Edited by GaT
  • Like 16
  • Useful 2

28 minutes ago, GaT said:

When they were senior royals, the press (the Royal Rota) went along on every official thing they did, including these 4 tabloids. When they stopped being senior royals, they stopped having to have the royal rota following them around. What they are saying now is that they will no longer answer any questions from any of these tabloids (except if it requires a lawyer). Normally tabloids try to contact he people they are writing a story about & get them to comment on it. What H&M are saying now is that they will no longer respond to any requests/questions from these 4 tabloids. 

Ah okay--thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Princess Sofia has taken the training and is now working as support staff in a hospital.

Now that's really putting your royal support behind an organization. 

Not only is she working in the hospital; she's doing things like cleaning, disinfecting equipment and kitchen work.  Nice to see a royal take on everyday tasks and not just serve as window dressing.

• Like 21

Harry and Meghan seem like good people, and no doubt it's not an easy life being in the spotlight.  I have all the sympathy in the world for how they - and especially Meghan - have been treated by the tabloids.  I'd probably enjoy them a great deal if I ever had an occasion to interact with them.

That said, if they want to be out of the public eye, then do that already.  I understand the intent of this release, but it really says nothing new, and just stirs the pot again.  A more cynical person would suggest they put this out to keep getting column inches, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're just naive, with a touch of self-importance.

eta:  I just read it again, and ugh!  Edit that to more than a touch of self-importance.  We know the tabloids have treated you badly, you don't need to explain why you don't talk to them.  Nobody wants to read umpteen paragraphs of explanation of your opinions on the state of the media today.  Just stop engaging!

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Like 13

Thomas Markle was a piece of shit from the beginning.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Text Messages to Her Dad Before Royal Wedding Revealed in Court Docs

The documents also note that the Duchess of Sussex first learned that her father suffered a heart attack when he told TMZ. A day after the report, on May 15, 2018, Meghan said in a text, "I've been reaching out to you all weekend but you're not taking any of our calls or replying to any texts... Very concerned about your health and safety and have taken every measure to protect you but not sure what more we can do if you don't respond...Do you need help? Can we send the security team down again? I'm very sorry to hear you're in the hospital but need you to please get in touch with us... What hospital are you at?"

• Like 4
  • Sad 17

"We hate the press!"  "We're handing out food to the homeless! (Harry, you did remember to call the paps, right?)  "We're moving to paparazzi central!"

Bwahahahahahaha!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Seriously H&M, we all get it. 

tumblr_mdp5a4dIGN1rnp278o1_r1_500.gif

You can stop telling everyone now. 

Seriously. This letter is basically the same thing they stated on the media section of their site. We get it. You don't have to keep reiterating it, just get on with it.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I love that even in the midst of all this Queen Maxima still have her 10,000 watt smile going.   We need to see her smiling face.   

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Thomas Markle is truly a disgusting use of flesh.  Meghan has treated him with far more kindness than he deserves.

That whole Markle family is bizarre, entitled, and such a bunch of losers.     Samantha has barely ever met Meghan.    The first wife says Thomas Sr. was a deadbeat father to the kids from their marriage.     I don't think anyone on the Markle side of the family is without arrest records either.   I wonder how long it is before there's a photo of the revolting relatives trying to get into the H & M home either.     I'm glad that H & M have such a secure home, and with security details to repel invaders. 

Thomas Sr. is such a liar.   There never was any proof of his claims about surgery or illness around the time of the wedding either.   In fact there were pictures of him driving around town when he was supposed to be a death's door.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

eta:  I just read it again, and ugh!  Edit that to more than a touch of self-importance.  We know the tabloids have treated you badly, you don't need to explain why you don't talk to them.  Nobody wants to read umpteen paragraphs of explanation of your opinions on the state of the media today.  Just stop engaging!

If only any of that were true! Unfortunately, even now, people care and far too much. It'd be nice if all the people who dislike them stopped, y'know, making such a fuss about them because it just feeds that willingness tabloids have to keep on. Then this could end.

I keep trying to tell the other European royal families apart from one another but I just can't. They kind of all look the same to me.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, slf said:

I keep trying to tell the other European royal families apart from one another but I just can't. They kind of all look the same to me.

All the Swedish women look similiar to me. Whereas Mary of Denmark is a proper Aussie sheila doing the nation proud.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Anduin said:

All the Swedish women look similiar to me. Whereas Mary of Denmark is a proper Aussie sheila doing the nation proud.

It's funny you should mention her because I had initially considered writing in my post that she was the exception. But I don't know much about her personally so... (except that she's supposed to be of Scottish descent and if so 💯👊). However, I've looked at a lot of the outfits she's worn over the years and there are some real gems there. Much more interesting that what some of the others wear.

• Like 3

Victoria and Madeleine look different enough to me, but I find an odd visual similarity between Victoria and Sofia, and Madeleine and Sofia, even though they aren't related by blood.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, slf said:

It's funny you should mention her because I had initially considered writing in my post that she was the exception. But I don't know much about her personally so... (except that she's supposed to be of Scottish descent and if so 💯👊). However, I've looked at a lot of the outfits she's worn over the years and there are some real gems there. Much more interesting that what some of the others wear.

I don't know much either, only that she's an Aussie who AFAIK hasn't done anything to embarass herself. Which is more than I can say for a lot of my other countrypeople.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, slf said:

However, I've looked at a lot of the outfits she's worn over the years and there are some real gems there. Much more interesting that what some of the others wear.

So glad someone else appreciates Mary. 😊 She and Kate are my top two royals for fashion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LilWharveyGal said:

So glad someone else appreciates Mary. 😊 She and Kate are my top two royals for fashion.

While I love Mary, Kate can go bland. I love Letizia’s gorgeous clothes and resting annoyed face. The royal with the hands down absolute best smile is Maxima. She’s so joyful and exuberant. 

The British royals get the most US press while at the same time having the least interesting scandals. It’s perplexing how they manage to be so popular while being so incredibly dull. And unattractive too, well at least the men. Haakon of Norway, Fred of Denmark, Felipe of Spain, Carl Philip of Sweden, and even Guilliame of Luxembourg (when he’s bearded) are all a dozen times hotter than all of the Windsor men combined (subtracting Peter Phillips who is the only Windsor male not stupefyingly unattractive).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I love Letizia’s gorgeous clothes and resting annoyed face.

She and Felipe keep forgetting to close the garage door when they leave the house.

• Laugh 8

20 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I love Letizia’s gorgeous clothes and resting annoyed face. 

Leti's probably my number 3. Her jewels are out of this world!

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth.   

As for the other European royalty, I can always tell CP Victoria.   She has that rather unfortunate prominent chin.   Terrific person, hard working, clearly a loving mom (she and Prince Daniel swinging little Oscar between them is all kinds of adorable).   But yep, every time I see her, I notice the chin.    

• Like 6

Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.