Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

59 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I'm sure William and his kids are also staying far away from Charles, because duh. 

Yes, but when Will and Kate do it, it's for the safety of themselves and their children, not to mention the future of the monarchy. When Harry does it, he's a selfish prick under Megan's corrupt influence.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a story about the two of them engineering this whole thing so that they can take the throne.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

I guess I assumed that the borders were closed, (although I realize for those with extreme wealth and privilege, there's always a way). I can't imagine traveling right now. 

William is probably freaking out right now, but God willing, he still has a nice long wait for the throne. 

• Like 6

Politicians -- whether British, American, or any other country -- are off topic here. Please leave them out of your conversations.

• Like 6

I guess I assumed that the borders were closed

Canada's borders are closed, no? I guess it might be different if Harry or someone wanted wanted to leave...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Canada's borders are closed, no? I guess it might be different if Harry or someone wanted wanted to leave...

Money and power can always find a way around the rules, if they want. But in this case, the whole world is being told to isolate. Unless it seriously looks like Charles will die, Harry is doing the right thing by staying home.

• Like 8

Sadly, even if Charles's case takes a turn for the worse, I doubt Harry would be allowed to see his father due to quarantine restrictions, even if he was able to fly in. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

37 minutes ago, Zella said:

Sadly, even if Charles's case takes a turn for the worse, I doubt Harry would be allowed to see his father due to quarantine restrictions, even if he was able to fly in. 

Exactly. Even if he were to pass away I don’t know if they’d travel to the UK for a funeral. I know here in the US some funeral homes are exploring streaming funeral services and/or reducing attendee numbers to under 10. Hopefully it doesn’t come to this though  for Charles, and that he truly does have minimal symptoms which don’t progress to anything serious. 

18 hours ago, GaT said:

Holy shit, I bet there's a whole lot of scrambling around William now, & he must (besides being worried about his father dying) be worried about the future a good deal more. I don't think he's ready to become King.

What’s there to be ready for? Except a few more charitable events, travel and more engagement with the media (oh joy!). It’s not like he’ll be actually running the country. Unless you mean, he’s not ready to “work” more and deal with more media attention. The latter of which is understandable. 

Edited by Enero
  • Like 10

I wonder how the royals practice social distancing? Charles' valet puts his toothpaste on his toothbrush, & helps him get dressed. The Queen has someone wear her new shoes to break them in. These are people who have never had to do things for themselves  & probably have no clue as to how. There's no way they can stay 6 feet away from the staff.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The borders are closed, but it's now being reported in various places that Harry and Meghan (and Archie, of course) left Canada just before the border closures and are now in California.  Which, if true, is sure to bring about an endless number of articles about how they chose Hollywood over Charles.

Personally, as a resident of BC, I think it's irresponsible for anyone who has been here to go anywhere else given what a hot spot for the virus we've proven to be but, on the other hand, I'm sure the amount of contact the Sussexes have with other people has been fairly limited.

In other news: When did Louis get so damn big?

Cambridges.jpg.2919ec1a920b33cc8081ffde5e89da86.jpg

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, Steph J said:

The borders are closed, but it's now being reported in various places that Harry and Meghan (and Archie, of course) left Canada just before the border closures and are now in California.  

I came here to post this as well after seeing that Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Us Weekly and People are reporting that they relocated to Los Angeles. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

How many people have commented on IG about the kids not being 6 feet apart?

Is that the first time we have seen Charlotte in jeans?

I don't think the 6 foot thing applies within immediate families unless someone has it.

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, Steph J said:

The borders are closed, but it's now being reported in various places that Harry and Meghan (and Archie, of course) left Canada just before the border closures and are now in California.  Which, if true, is sure to bring about an endless number of articles about how they chose Hollywood over Charles.

Personally, as a resident of BC, I think it's irresponsible for anyone who has been here to go anywhere else given what a hot spot for the virus we've proven to be but, on the other hand, I'm sure the amount of contact the Sussexes have with other people has been fairly limited.

In other news: When did Louis get so damn big?

Cambridges.jpg.2919ec1a920b33cc8081ffde5e89da86.jpg

Wow. I know they're siblings of course, but the resemblance between George and Louis is eerie. They've even got the same part in their hair!

I can't find the article, but apparently, Charles' illness is causing Harry and William to repair their relationship.

• Like 4

Eonline is reporting that they moved too, & they are making it sound permanent.

"They have started to look at homes online and are in the process of interviewing security teams. They are getting their ducks in a row and seeing if it's logistically possible," a source previously shared with E! News, referencing Harry and Meghan's L.A. relocation plans. 

I know there's been talk since the big split that Meghan wanted to move back to LA, & they may have been right.

Wow, this seems like a really crazy time to move, regardless of health risks. I can't even imagine the logistics of doing all of that with social distancing. (Of course, likely their "team" would do most of the work and the DDoS would be relatively isolated from human interaction.)

At a time when all the other Hollywood celebrities are encouraging people to not even leave their homes, this seems a little tone deaf. YMMV

• Like 4

This move must have been planned some time ago. Meghan probably misses working, and it's not like she was ever made to feel welcome in the world of royalty.

• Like 2

She's probably thrilled to be back home. Her crowd is probably going to be a thousand times more welcoming to Harry than his was to her.

• Like 7

Why are people assuming that Meghan wants to move to LA to act. If she wants to act again she is going to have roles handed to her regardless of where she lives. Moving to LA could just be about moving closer to her mom. 

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Dani said:

Why are people assuming that Meghan wants to move to LA to act. If she wants to act again she is going to have roles handed to her regardless of where she lives. Moving to LA could just be about moving closer to her mom. 

And probably better access/availability to the security services, etc. they would need, is my guess.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

38 minutes ago, Dani said:

There was a news story a couple of months back, IIRC, about her talking to one of the Disney higher-ups about doing a bit of voice-acting.

21 minutes ago, Anduin said:

There was a news story a couple of months back, IIRC, about her talking to one of the Disney higher-ups about doing a bit of voice-acting.

It was confirmed today that she narrated a Disneynature documentary about elephants in exchange for a charitable donation. That deal was worked out and completed well before the decision stop being full time working royals. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Dani said:

It was confirmed today that she narrated a Disneynature documentary about elephants in exchange for a charitable donation. That deal was worked out and completed well before the decision stop being full time working royals. 

Oh, right. Well, I only partially remembered it. So essentially, I have no idea why she's going back to California. Maybe she misses her favourite bakery or something. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Wow, this seems like a really crazy time to move, regardless of health risks. I can't even imagine the logistics of doing all of that with social distancing. (Of course, likely their "team" would do most of the work and the DDoS would be relatively isolated from human interaction.)

At a time when all the other Hollywood celebrities are encouraging people to not even leave their homes, this seems a little tone deaf. YMMV

I doubt they picked up and moved to LA in the middle of this crisis. I’m thinking they moved before they went to the UK. When they returned from London I wouldn’t be surprised if they went straight to Los Angeles, having already moved there weeks earlier. 

In addition to Meghan and Harry likely making this move to be closer to her mom and to be back in her hometown, this could also be tied to their visa status in Canada. They (Harry at least, because Meghan may already be a Canadian citizen) can only remain in Canada for 6-months under a visitor’s visa. Depending on when they arrived there, April might’ve been the deadline for them to make their exit. Hence them moving on to LA.

I do find it hilarious that someone stated that the Daily Fail reported yesterday that their supposed sources said that Meghan was refusing to let Harry leave Canada to visit his father. They couldn’t have been more wrong. But is anyone surprised. Lol. 

• Like 16

Unless Prince Charles gets a lot worse, Harry (and William) need to stay far away from him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

Unless Prince Charles gets a lot worse, Harry (and William) need to stay far away from him.

Even if he gets worse, they need to stay far away from him. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Dani said:
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

The deal was announced in January a week after they said they were stepping down from their royal duties.

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

The deal was announced in January a week after they said they were stepping down from their royal duties.

It leaked in January but the role was only confirmed today. She recorded it last fall. 

• Like 1

Charlotte really looks like her dad when she smiles.

• Like 3

Please note, when the Sussexes announced they were stepping back they said they would be dividing their time between the UK and North America.   They never said they were moving to Canada.    As a US citizen, Meghan probably always intended to spend time in the US.   It's where her mother is and where she grew up, not Canada.   Also they were only renting that house in Canada.   They had to leave sometime.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

10 hours ago, anna0852 said:

She's probably thrilled to be back home. Her crowd is probably going to be a thousand times more welcoming to Harry than his was to her.

I'm not so sure.

First of all, I think his family (other than the petty members such as the Duke of York and Princess Michael of Kent) WERE welcoming to the Duchess of Sussex. Perhaps the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge later had their differences with the Heir Presumptive's younger brother and sister-in-law that haven't been entirely mended but that's not the same as not have been initially welcoming.

Secondly, Hollywood isn't a town of 'what have you done for me lately?' but 'what can you do for me now and tomorrow?'- and I'm not sure they'd want to keep him around for more than opening ceremonies and award show appearances as time goes on especially the longer between him having been a 'working Royal'. Also, I seriously doubt he'd have more than an occasional cameo or voiceover in the film or television especially as the years fly by. I've never even heard that the Duke of Sussex was ever interested in performing much less attempting to seek Hollywood stardom. Perhaps somehow against the odds, time will tell a different story than what I've considered but there definitely would be major odds for him to have to overcome -IF that is what he wants. On the plus side, he DOES seem in relatively good physical shape and it's possible he could build  his physique up to be a leading action hero's quirky and funny but scrappy sidekick who takes out the lead villain's flunkies! 

Regardless of how welcoming the bulk of the Hollywood crowd is the to the Duke of Sussex, he WILL have the unconditional welcoming of his mother-in-law Ms. Ragland and that in itself should more than compensate for the shallows' tudes. 

Most importantly, he and the Duchess of Sussex have each other and Archie who they will now be able to raise EXACTLY as they see fit from this point on. 

• Like 4

I'm surprised they would choose to settle in LA, seeing as how they wanted to get away from the paparazzi. Why walk into the lions den? I thought the reason they'd picked Canada was so they could have privacy.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

On the plus side, he DOES seem in relatively good physical shape and it's possible he could build  his physique up to be a leading action hero's quirky and funny but scrappy sidekick who takes out the lead villain's flunkies! 

A Britsh royal, becoming an actor? The Queen is reaching for vapors now, and she doesn't even know why...

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

28 minutes ago, Camille said:

I'm surprised they would choose to settle in LA, seeing as how they wanted to get away from the paparazzi. Why walk into the lions den? I thought the reason they'd picked Canada was so they could have privacy.

LA is big and full of homes which offer privacy.  It is also full of other people the paps want to cover.  Many of those celebrities also have their people call the paps to catch them "candidly" for publicity.  I get the logic behind this move.  The Sussexes will be one of many for the paps to choose.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Enero said:

because Meghan may already be a Canadian citizen

Meghan is not a Canadian citizen to my knowledge. She lived there on a work visa because that's where Suits was filmed. 

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Please note, when the Sussexes announced they were stepping back they said they would be dividing their time between the UK and North America

This. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Dani said:

It leaked in January but the role was only confirmed today. She recorded it last fall. 

It wasn't leaked, industry websites confirmed long ago.  Some trolls thought when Iger stepped down as CEO, the project was over.   It wasn't.  I also don't know why royal gossipers bothered asking about future projects when 99.9% of the industry is on hold.  

9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Please note, when the Sussexes announced they were stepping back they said they would be dividing their time between the UK and North America

This. 

Countries in Africa are usually referred to as "Africa" as if they're not separate countries on the same continent.   Yet when the continent of North America is mentioned, people acting shocked because Canada and the USA are referenced as two separate countries.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Secondly, Hollywood isn't a town of 'what have you done for me lately?' but 'what can you do for me now and tomorrow?'- and I'm not sure they'd want to keep him around for more than opening ceremonies and award show appearances as time goes on especially the longer between him having been a 'working Royal'.

I don't think Harry has any designs on being an actor.  Perhaps I'm wrong about that as I don't follow him super closely but nothing I've read here has made me think that.  I could see him doing documentaries but that's about the extent of it.

However, I think Harry will be welcomed---perhaps even more than Meghan. He may not be a working royal but he still is a royal with all the mystique of being one of Diana's sons.  He has money and is presumably heir to a larger fortune. He still has a lot of connections and likely friendships from his time as a working royal.

• Like 5

They showed an estate or mansion hunt from last season on one of the Bravo real estate shows, and some of the places in the Valley have a lot of land, and real privacy.    Many of the ones they have shown in other areas (Beverly Hills, and Pacific Palisades), are so close together, and lack any type of privacy.      I think they'll be happy in L.A., with Meghan's mother close by.  

• Like 4

Trooping the colour has been cancelled. Understandable, but I'll miss the hats.

Camz is making PSA about domestic violence.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

Maxima goes monochrome.

In the second picture, she matches the dirt on the floor!

• Like 2

Quite a few posts have been removed in the last 24 hours for their snippiness towards other members. 

This is your periodic reminder that this is neither a pro-Royal or anti-Royal thread and that everyone is entitled to their opinion about the people who periodically wear robes and crowns in an unironic fashion. Do not scold others for holding an opinion different than your own.

Future posts that are removed for this reason will result in warnings.

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

<snip>

the people who periodically wear robes and crowns in an unironic fashion

Is there any chance of changing the name of this thread? Because your description is pure genius, IMO.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 15

Found this picture in an article in Town and Country. Not commenting on the person in the picture with her, but I do like the dress HM is wearing.

britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-welcomes-new

• Like 3

7 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Is there any chance of changing the name of this thread? Because your description is pure genius, IMO.

Loving the new Thread title 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Found this picture in an article in Town and Country. Not commenting on the person in the picture with her, but I do like the dress HM is wearing.

britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-welcomes-new

Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive

I wonder if the Queen has been tested? She meets with the PM every week.

• Like 2

I like Meghan and Harry, but I'm very surprised that they used their wealth and privilege to leave one hot zone for another.  In a time of global crisis like this, it seems self-centered and reckless. If millions of people living in NYC and Austin and Montreal can stay put to help stop the spread of this lethal virus,  I am amazed they could not find it in themselves to do the same. 

eta: @Silver Raven according to Forbes, Page Six, Fox, and Brit tabs (for what they're worth) they flew out sometime close to the border closing on March 21st.  

Edited by film noire
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, film noire said:

I like Meghan and Harry, but I'm very surprised that they used their wealth and privilege to flee one hot zone for another.  In a time of global crisis like this, it seems reckless and self-centered. If millions of people living in NYC and Austin and Montreal and Italy and China can stay put to help stop the spread of this lethal virus,  I am amazed they could not find it in themselves to do the same. 

What was the timing of their move?  I had thought it happened (to LA) weeks ago.

Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.