Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

Its the scarf thingy around her neck.  The dress fits her perfectly.  I love the dress and would wear it sans the scarfy thing if I had a few hundred dollars to spend on 1 dress.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

Its the scarf thingy around her neck.  The dress fits her perfectly.  I love the dress and would wear it sans the scarfy thing if I had a few hundred dollars to spend on 1 dress.

Well she obviously thinks so, but I still think it's too "bunchy."  Maybe it's the fabric, and that length doesn't do her legs any favors.   I think that's a difficult length for most women. 

But hey, we've all got opinions.   😊

Edited by Ohwell
  • Like 2

Meghan loves the "midi" length on her dresses/skirts..  I'm short so I can't really do the midi length

• Like 3

Damn she looks beautiful. Though it's hard to look bad with a face like that.

• Like 10

I saw a photo of Meghan in long, flowing pants and I thought she looked fabulous.  Pants are her friend. 

• Like 6

From the Vanity Fair article:

Within days, a case was identified at the school of their granddaughter Princess Estelle, though she was not affected.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Felipe VI is trying to do damage control and distance himself from his father, Juan Carlos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51902673

The Beeb article is rather unclear. La Vanguardia has much more detail (en Castellano):

https://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/20200315/474164914213/rey-felipe-iv-renuncia-herencia-juan-carlos-i-retira-asignacion-casa-real.html

Edited by praeceptrix · Reason: added link to a more detailed article
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

Meghan’s farewell tour was the best. She went out on a high note. I loved it. 

5B76CEC3-CF84-4AC8-AB01-2A910440DEB4.jpeg

The solid jewel tones are perfect for her. Not a fan of the beige/fleshtone shoes though.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I am honestly so glad. I know that the British Royal Family prides themselves on standing tall through tremendously difficult situations, but it is absolutely insane that this decision wasn't made earlier. Elizabeth, Phillip, Charles, and Anne (plus all of QEII's royal cousins) are all in the vulnerable age category. The Royal Family Instagram account had a post about Princess Anne's visit to the National Equestrian Coaching Convention this morning and many of the comments asked why the family wasn't doing a better job of modeling social distancing. 

• Like 9

On 3/15/2020 at 9:51 PM, praeceptrix said:

Felipe VI is trying to do damage control and distance himself from his father, Juan Carlos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51902673

The Beeb article is rather unclear. La Vanguardia has much more detail (en Castellano):

https://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/20200315/474164914213/rey-felipe-iv-renuncia-herencia-juan-carlos-i-retira-asignacion-casa-real.html

I really love Felipe VI's approach to this. He hasn't pulled punches.  He has acted swiftly and decisively.  QEII should probably take notes - and handle Andrew and the leaking courtiers at KP, CH and BP the same way.  She could've saved herself a lot of drama this year and prevented H&M fleeing the country to escape the hateful abuse she let go unchecked.

Way to go Felipe VI.

• Like 8

prevented H&M fleeing the country

My first reaction was "Wait, when did the clothing chain abandon the UK?"

Also, not sure if comparison between Felipe and Queen Elizabeth works with regard to Harry and Megan. It does with regard to Andrew, but not sure how much the Queen could have done with regards with to the British media (old and social).

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

From last October.  King Philippe of Belgium and his heir, Princess Elisabeth, in celebration of her 18th birthday.

king-philippe-of-belgium-awards-the-gran

• Like 8

On 3/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, TwistedandBored said:

5B76CEC3-CF84-4AC8-AB01-2A910440DEB4.jpeg

Comparing the silhouettes in one photo makes it easy to see that she is wearing the first two outfits and the third one is wearing her. She has a darling figure and sleek is so, so flattering.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Also, not sure if comparison between Felipe and Queen Elizabeth works with regard to Harry and Megan. It does with regard to Andrew, but not sure how much the Queen could have done with regards with to the British media (old and social).

Agreed. I really don't think Elizabeth taking action with Andrew would have kept Harry and Meghan as active members of the family. They seemed to have multiple concerns/sticking points that had nothing to do with Uncle Pedophile, though I have no doubt the way he was treated with kid gloves was infuriating to them. 

• Like 7

Just lovely.   They looked so happy (and still do).    For once I did not say "What is that thing on Maxima's head."   Her headpiece and veil were perfectly elegant.

• Like 4

Everyone has their own personal happiness 'normal' level and I think Maxima's is probably a 7 or 8. No matter what is going on, she always seems delighted.

• Like 6

Prince Albert of Monaco has tested positive for coronavirus.  Given his age, he is in the high risk category.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/03/19/coronavirus-prince-albert-monaco-tests-positive/2874610001/

I hate how this article mentions he's already a decade older than his mother was when she died.   Like, "oh well he's lived a long time, he can croak now."   

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

18 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Prince Albert of Monaco has tested positive for coronavirus.  Given his age, he is in the high risk category.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/03/19/coronavirus-prince-albert-monaco-tests-positive/2874610001/

I hate how this article mentions he's already a decade older than his mother was when she died.   Like, "oh well he's lived a long time, he can croak now."   

Well as sad and scary as it is for him and his immediate family, at least this WILL get the subjects of his Principality to understand the need to take this affliction seriously! Moreover, one can be sure that the Windsors in Great Britain, the Bourbons in Spain, and other royals,etc. now can't think that it CAN'T happen to them! 

• Like 8

I feel a bit bad for Beatrice.   Yeah I know, she and her sister are pretty much useless, privileged upbringing, others worse off, all that.   But it's not her fault her dad is a pedophile.   So she decides to have a low key wedding.   Then BAM world pandemic.   She can't even have her family there with her.   2 guests is like her mom and probably his dad.   She can't even have her sister, let alone her cousins.   Her grand parents can't make it because it wouldn't be safe.   I mean that sucks for any bride.

• Like 15
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I feel a bit bad for Beatrice.   Yeah I know, she and her sister are pretty much useless, privileged upbringing, others worse off, all that.   But it's not her fault her dad is a pedophile.   So she decides to have a low key wedding.   Then BAM world pandemic.   She can't even have her family there with her.   2 guests is like her mom and probably his dad.   She can't even have her sister, let alone her cousins.   Her grand parents can't make it because it wouldn't be safe.   I mean that sucks for any bride.

I wonder why she doesn’t just wait until the whole virus thing blows over? Also; I wish she would have whatever wedding she wants, big or small, even if she would have to wait until after the virus craziness is over. It doesn’t seem fair to punish her because her dad is a creep. I feel bad for the York sisters. They both seem so normal compared to their parents and they are passed over, if not mocked in the media. I remember seeing a meme from William and Kate’s wedding comparing them to the evil stepsisters in Cinderella.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Why doesn't Princess Beatrice of York do what countless brides are doing the world over these days: have a dry,legal service so she can keep the wedding date as previously scheduled THEN have a huge blowout celebration to be held  at some unspecified future date as soon as the all clear has sounded?

By doing so (along with Her Majesty's social distancing in Windsor Castle for at least the next month and a half) this  would an be excellent means to demonstrate that at least some of the Royals are willing to make sacrifices like the Queen's subjects are all having  to stay safe during this uncertain time!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 14

I remember seeing a meme from William and Kate’s wedding comparing them to the evil stepsisters in Cinderella.

The outfits, not them personally. Or more specifically, the hats...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

She and the late Princess Margaret's very first radio broadcast was to boost morale of British children who'd been scattered to the winds to all parts of the British Empire via being sent overseas during World War II away from their families and I can't help but think it's good she's boosting morale again by encouraging others to stay safe and look out for those loved ones who are most vulnerable! 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I saw the Invictus Games were cancelled for this year.    So rough.   Those wounded servicemembers worked so hard to get there.    But everyone is upbeat and the games will be back stronger than ever.   

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'm convinced they did that on purpose.  They seemed in on the joke.

• Like 3

Beatrice could marry in a royal chapel with The Archbishop of York presiding over the vows.  It could be livestream to absent relatives and friends the same way other couples and college graduations have done for years.  Andrew could even insist it be livestreamed on the royal YouTube channel, granting his wish for a televised audience.   A big, splashy, private reception could be held whenever; there is no need to announce when or who plans on attending. 

• Like 6

I love that idea, @MissAlmond!  It would be a great example to set for the public.

They've canceled the big reception already, and it sounds like unless they move the wedding or put pressure on the church, the wedding will be either postponed or reduced to five people. I hope they don't try to circumvent the rules, considering the BRF's place in the world's consciousness. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The person on twitter who posted the meme was casting them as them as the evil (well, awkward) stepsisters and Kate as Cinderella.  The narrative is what I was speaking to - regardless of whether it's a true narrative or not.  That was my point.

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Some of us been knew.  Now will all the others who did accept and willingly lied confess?  Methinks not.  

Anything to sell the narrative of Meghan as "bad" no matter what she does.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, Hiyo said:

She could have at the very least NOT looked like she was coddling her pedophile loving son, propping him up until he bombed in that ill-advised interview.  What she could have done was not be seen publicly supporting him like that while he clearly did all manner of wrong things, including willingly cavorting with a convicted sex offender and possibly raping underage girls himself.

In contrast, her never supporting H&M publicly until that statement after the fact made it look like they were worse (for needing to get away from racist and debilitating abuse) than Andrew - which is absolutely ridiculous.  And had she supported them publicly, perhaps they wouldn't have left.

Yet Andrew got all of that public support from her?

But there's *nothing* she could have done?

I just do not believe that.

• Like 9

Some good news: There's a new royal baby in Bhutan.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a31809262/royal-baby-bhutan-coronavirus-2020/

I blame everyone here for introducing me to the world of modern royal-watching, and especially to the Town and Country website. Tiara Madness! Stunningly beautiful textiles worn by the Bhutan royals (& the Duchess of Cambridge when she visited in 2016)!

Thank you for corrupting me. 😘

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

The person on twitter who posted the meme was casting them as them as the evil (well, awkward) stepsisters and Kate as Cinderella. 

Well, when they are dressed for the part...;)

But there's *nothing* she could have done?

When it comes to the media? Probably not.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

It seems a completely unimaginable ending for that tradition- especially considering how it all started.

Back in 1840, Queen Victoria returned to Buckingham Palace one evening and discovered the guards drunk as they were getting ready for the shift change. Infuriated, she ordered that they would need to do a ceremonial shift change in full view of the public from that point every single day at 4 PM- for the next 100 years!

1940, found her great-grandson George VI on the throne and Great Britain besieged by the Blitz so, rather than finally let that order end,  George VI insisted that his guards continue this through the worst of it to show their bravery in spite of the risk AND to give the public a morale booster of something that had, by that point, become a timeless tradition. 

I seriously doubt that either monarch could have predicted that a plague would have at least temporarily ended this. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 5

2 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Some good news: There's a new royal baby in Bhutan.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a31809262/royal-baby-bhutan-coronavirus-2020/

I blame everyone here for introducing me to the world of modern royal-watching, and especially to the Town and Country website. Tiara Madness! Stunningly beautiful textiles worn by the Bhutan royals (& the Duchess of Cambridge when she visited in 2016)!

Thank you for corrupting me. 😘

They're a really good looking couple.

• Like 6

Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.