Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

Canada has been far kinder and more protective of the Sussexes than Britain ever was.  

• Like 16

4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

He’s a below average looking supremely entitled white dude who can just shut the fuck up.

This is how I feel about pretty much every single man in the BRF.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, slf said:

This is how I feel about pretty much every single man in the BRF.

Peter Phillips is hot. Though apparently he’s out there doing milk commercials for cash, still hot. He can sit there and look pretty and keep his mouth shut. Wills and Harry wouldn’t even be noticeable if they weren’t royal. The older generation got smacked with an ugly skillet. 

3 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

This was discussed up thread a few days ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm not sure that that's necessarily true.  William and Harry used to get photographed playing polo all the time (in their leisure time, I mean, not just when they were playing for charity), same with Charles back when he played, pictures are often taken of members of the family going to church (although maybe that qualifies as "official business" since the queen is head of the church), Harry used to get photographed once in a while on his way to the gym and he and William were always being photographed going in and out of clubs back in the day, and it wasn't that long ago that William and Kate were photographed with Zara and Mike at the horse trials.

So I don't think there's a rule about not taking their pictures when they're out and about.  I think it's more that the British paps take the pictures and the tabloids that they work for agree not to publish them in exchange for access of some kind - and when the royals don't play ball, they go ahead and publish the pics.

Kate was also photographed out shopping for books this week. So yeah, I agree. If that "rule" ever existed, it hasn't for a long time. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

He’s a below average looking supremely entitled white dude

I guess that depends on your definition of average looking.  In my neck of the woods Harry would definitely be considered a good looking guy.  Entitled and white too, but good looking with it.

• Like 12

William was a hottie for a few years but he grew out of it a long time ago. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Peter Phillips is hot. Though apparently he’s out there doing milk commercials for cash, still hot. He can sit there and look pretty and keep his mouth shut. Wills and Harry wouldn’t even be noticeable if they weren’t royal. The older generation got smacked with an ugly skillet.

Gotta disagree about Peter Phillips. He looks like Prince William, just with more hair and color. Harry is the most attractive of any of them and even he isn't particularly good-looking. The women tend to be far more attractive than the men in the BRF.

• Like 3

I think both Peter Philips and Harry are average or ok looking, but definitely the best the British royal family has to offer so far.

To be fair, I'd probably kick Harry out of bed before Peter, but only by a few minutes. To each their own.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

9 hours ago, jenrising said:

Kate was also photographed out shopping for books this week. So yeah, I agree. If that "rule" ever existed, it hasn't for a long time. 

Kate used to be photographed grocery shopping when she and William were engaged.   Then there was the famous skirt shot of Diana.    I don't think this was ever a rule.

I think Meghan and Harry will be photographed LESS simply because they won't be in London (notice William and Kate are photographed less out and about  near Sandringham).  The paps are not traipsing all the way to British Columbia in the hopes of getting shots of Meghan and Harry taking out the trash.   As they stop doing appearances, they become less interesting.   They will be photographed every time they come back to England for family stuff but that's it.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

To be fair, I'd probably kick Harry out of bed before Peter, but only by a few minutes. To each their own.

Personally, I'm not into threesomes.  😉

• Laugh 14

At some point everyone's face seems to go "full Windsor," even if they were good looking when they were younger.

A whole article titled "See All the Royals You Had No Idea Used to Be Handsome":

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/hot-prince-royals-128232/

Kind of mean, but oh well. Also, I'm sure people will think some of the people on that list might have aged better than others.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

I see Meghan has decided to bring out all the jewel tones this last outing:

1978767336_MegandHarry2.thumb.jpg.5a6f6a14a911fb0e6af7cd4e61393164.jpg

• Like 24

Love the flash of green lining in Harry's suit. I hate the fit at Meghan's waist of her last three outfits. There had been a rumor elsewhere that Harry got plugs, but it doesn't look that way. 

• Like 1

Not crazy about that one. But the previous two did raise the bar fairly high.

• Like 4

Still, she gets points for going for the Alexis Carrington lewk.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

I don't think that dress fits Meghan correctly, but the hat and cape are fabulous.  

• Like 8

That kind of seaming with the line right down the middle and fairly high waist is difficult to pull off, and doesn’t go with the bra style Meghan seems to like.  (But I’m a bit biased, because I’ve disliked Meghan’s bras for a long time!)

But they both look happy and she really suits jewel tones.  I also like Kate’s red coat dress.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

She is all about the capes. I dig it. And well done on Harry's suit. That lining matches her dress to a tee. 

5 hours ago, Hiyo said:

A whole article titled "See All the Royals You Had No Idea Used to Be Handsome":

Kind of mean, but oh well. Also, I'm sure people will think some of the people on that list might have aged better than others.

I didn't know John Stamos was a royal. 

The beard has really done wonders for Fred. Is his brother ill? Because the list says he's younger, yet he looks significatnly older. Maybe they used the wrong dude's photo. Whatever it is, I hope he's okay. 

• Like 4

I didn't know John Stamos was a royal. 

Too bad he isn't, he does put most of them to shame.

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, ancslove said:

That kind of seaming with the line right down the middle and fairly high waist is difficult to pull off, and doesn’t go with the bra style Meghan seems to like.  (But I’m a bit biased, because I’ve disliked Meghan’s bras for a long time!)

But they both look happy and she really suits jewel tones.  I also like Kate’s red coat dress.

I love the fact that Meghan is actually wearing bold colors. I felt like for a year she wore some combination of black, tan and white. UGH. Is it the bra style? I feel like the silhouette of these last few looks has been off in the waist area. I was putting it down to improper tailoring in the hip to waist ratio. The colors though, GORGEOUS.

I am also loving Kate's hair situation even though I feel like I've seen that coat on her 1000x.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

The beard has really done wonders for Fred. Is his brother ill? Because the list says he's younger, yet he looks significatnly older. Maybe they used the wrong dude's photo. Whatever it is, I hope he's okay. 

Scruffy Fred is hot. Non-scruffy Fred is average.

All Freds are better than Windsor face. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I will never understand why so many people think Philip was good looking when he was young, I think he was supremely unattractive then & hasn't improved with age.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GaT said:

I will never understand why so many people think Philip was good looking when he was young, I think he was supremely unattractive then & hasn't improved with age.

I think Philip was rather attractive when he was young, in a very upper class distinguished kind of way.

I think King Felipe, Prince Haakon and Prince Carl Philip are all still quite good looking.

• Like 12

The hairstyle Duchess Kate wore to the Commonwealth service was amazing.   

That purple gown she wore to the gala was stunning.   

• Like 11

Thus far, at various outlets, I have seen the Cambridge and Sussex interaction at the Commonwealth service described as minimal, awkward and hideously awkward and the video appears to bear that out.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I love the fact that Meghan is actually wearing bold colors. I felt like for a year she wore some combination of black, tan and white.

Some of you may not fully get this analogy, but when I was in college, I was interested in joining a specific sorority.  There were tons of "interested" girls who wanted to pledge and there was like an underground group of women interested in joining specific sororities.

The colors of the two largest sororities were pink and green and red and white.  There were a couple of other sororities that were blue/white and blue/yellow.  As an "interested" girl, you couldn't wear any of these colors... not even by themselves.  So for the couple of years before the sorority I joined had a line, all of us interested girls LIVED in taupe, cream, black, beige, navy, etc..

It became a running joke - everyone knew you were "interested" based on the lack of color in your wardrobe.

I feel like this is what was happening with Meghan - she was being pressured to dim her light and it looks like she finally had enough.  Three bold, colorful looks in a row?  

It's like her aesthetic finally gelled.  Sleek, modern and architectural shapes in strong colors?  Yes please.

2 hours ago, suomi said:

Thus far, at various outlets, I have seen the Cambridge and Sussex interaction at the Commonwealth service described as minimal, awkward and hideously awkward and the video appears to bear that out.

Well it was definitely brief.  Oddly enough, the exchange between William, Meghan and Harry appeared warm, yet brief, but Kate didn't seem to acknowledge them at all.

Edited by phoenics
  • Like 14
  • Useful 2

I get the feeling that Kate resents the Sussexes for withdrawing from the family and leaving her with more responsibilities. And I think she probably blames Meghan for the exit. So, she likely doesn't feel particularly friendly toward them. 

Just my impression.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, suomi said:

I keep reading that too, but why would they greet each other with big effusive greetings? They probably saw each other earlier that day, it's not like they haven't seen each other in years. 

• Like 18

7 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I think Philip was rather attractive when he was young, in a very upper class distinguished kind of way.

Agreed. He's a shitty person, but I do think he was really handsome when he was younger. Can definitely see why the queen would have fallen hard for him.

I actually held Matt Smith's casting against The Crown because I thought Smith (though a much-nicer person IRL) looked too goofy in comparison. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5

Windsor face. 

In some areas it's know as Horse face.

I kind of hope Harry and William got into a cat fight back at the palace and ended up falling in the pool, Alexis and Krystle Carrington style. 

But which is which?

• Laugh 2

In the stills, it appears that there is a lot of tension in the faces of William, Kate and Harry. Meghan's outfit is lovely in motion. 

12 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I love the fact that Meghan is actually wearing bold colors. I felt like for a year she wore some combination of black, tan and white. UGH. Is it the bra style? I feel like the silhouette of these last few looks has been off in the waist area. I was putting it down to improper tailoring in the hip to waist ratio. The colors though, GORGEOUS.

I am also loving Kate's hair situation even though I feel like I've seen that coat on her 1000x.

Scruffy Fred is hot. Non-scruffy Fred is average.

All Freds are better than Windsor face. 

If I had a coat that gorgeous, that looked as good on me as that one does, I'd wear it a thousand times, too.  Kate has worn it before and it never fails to stun.

Everyone is right about the fit of Meghan's green dress.  There is something not quite right about the way it fits from shoulders to waist, especially.  I agree with the poster who said her bras seem to be part of the problem.  The fit and style seem to drag her chest down, her boobs need to be hoisted a bit.  I think, like most of us, she doesn't have the ideal model's torso and the upper half of her dresses aren't being altered to correct for it.  Considering she is wearing expensive designer fashions, she really needs to find the right tailor to get them fitted impeccably as Kate apparently does.  Kate has a much more 'standard' figure for designer clothing and probably doesn't need extensive alterations, but most everything she wears fits like a glove.   Meghan does look gorgeous in jewel tones and I'm glad to see her wearing them.  And now she can head home to Canada, slip on some sweats and hang out with her baby.

• Like 10

On 3/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, Steph J said:

At some point everyone's face seems to go "full Windsor," even if they were good looking when they were younger.

PE.jpg

Oh Edward.  Your window was so short.

OK, I thought I remembered thinking he was hot when I was in high school back in the 80s!  Thanks for confirming I'm not losing my memory 🙂 

• Like 5

I'm loving the jewel tones on both the duchesses. As someone who doesn't really have any neutrals or pastels in my closet, I approve! Stand out from the crowd, ladies. ❤️

I agree that the DoS needs to bring the girls up a bit. I have a heavier chest myself (though nowhere near her figure otherwise) and it can make a big difference in how something fits and looks. It's especially true with these high-necked, slim fit, solid color tops/dresses. You never want your breasts to be closer to your waist than your neckline. I loved the red, though! 

As for the Cambridge-Sussex interactions, I think people are reading too much into it. They know millions of people are examining every eyelash flicker. They're not going to allow their feelings to show. As the saying goes, this ain't their first rodeo. 

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Like 10

43 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

As for the Cambridge-Sussex interactions, I think people are reading too much into it. They know millions of people are examining every eyelash flicker. They're not going to allow their feelings to show. As the saying goes, this ain't their first rodeo

Looking at the pictures, that is pretty much William and Kate's standard faces when in church.   They always look solemn.   It just happens that protocol put Harry and Meghan behind them so everyone can say they were tense were being around them.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

I keep reading that too, but why would they greet each other with big effusive greetings? They probably saw each other earlier that day, it's not like they haven't seen each other in years

This is the much more accurate reading.   They just saw them.   Probably had chatted for a bit and caught up.    Why paste on big happy smiles?    No matter what they did, the paps were going to twist it somehow, so just go with what theyy normally do.

No wonder Meghan and Harry took off for Canada.

• Like 19

I do think that Megs and Harry are going to be so relieved when people aren't analyzing their every finger twitch.

Now that it's been pointed out, I can see how her breasts, if lifted by a better bra, would make those outfits fit so much better.  I do think the one she's wearing flattens her a bit.

I wish there were something I could comment on about Harry's physical appearance. Like is he getting a bit of a dad bod or are his thighs looking flabby. But all I've got is that it doesn't seem that he got hair plugs.

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Autocorrect word issue.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, phoenics said:

Well it was definitely brief.  Oddly enough, the exchange between William, Meghan and Harry appeared warm, yet brief, but Kate didn't seem to acknowledge them at all.

Meghan and Harry's discussion with Edward seem very warm and genuine.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear what they were discussing.  LOL. The conversation looked very engaging. 

What I found most interesting was Sophie's reaction to Meghan. Perhaps it was nothing, but after Meghan and Harry finished speaking with Edward, Sophie and Meghan looked right at each other and Sophie immediately turned her head the other way. Again, it might've been nothing, but still it was a curious exchange. 

I definitely think there is tension and perhaps even some animosity within the family. With all that's happened how could it not be?  

Edited by Enero
  • Like 3

With Meghan, Harry, and Andrew all out, more responsibilities will fall on the Cambridges and Wessexes, unless and until the Queen brings the York girls on as full-time senior royals.  Which is probably unlikely.  But it’s a slim roster of royals in the 35-50 range, since Anne’s and Andrew’s children aren’t taking up royal duties.  

It’s unfair to blame it all on Meghan.  Harry clearly is making his own choices here. But I think it’s reasonable to speculate that if Meghan had been completely happy in her new role, they both would have stayed.  And unfortunately, I think it’s also understandable if not perfectly right, for Harry’s family to worry and end up blaming his new wife instead of him.  Hopefully once they see Harry (and Meghan and Archie) happy and well in their new life, any tensions will dissipate.  But right now, this is a family institution that sees prematurely stepping down as Dereliction of Duty.  

• Like 6

10 hours ago, GaT said:

I keep reading that too, but why would they greet each other with big effusive greetings? They probably saw each other earlier that day, it's not like they haven't seen each other in years. 

Aside from which this is a very reserved family - even if they'd been coming back from a war there wouldn't have been a big effusive greeting!  I identify with that.  My mother's family is very stereotypically British.  Stiff upper lip and all that.  As Frasier's mother would say, "A handshake is as good as a hug.".

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

On 3/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, DearEvette said:

I think Meghan looks too covered up in this ill-fitting getup.  Also, it looks like that cape might choke her.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

What the hell is on Maxima's head?

I ask that very question quite often.   Woman has TERRIBLE taste in hats.   Not Queen Mother circa 1970s terrible but still damn bad.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mrs. P. said:

I get the feeling that Kate resents the Sussexes for withdrawing from the family and leaving her with more responsibilities. And I think she probably blames Meghan for the exit. So, she likely doesn't feel particularly friendly toward them. 

Just my impression.

That’s certainly possible. 

Also on Prince William’s side, yes he’s a grown man but a part of him is always Harry’s older brother. Meaning a part of him is always looking at him like “I have to be responsible AGAIN and Harry gets to do as he pleases.” Yes intellectually he knows that he will be King and Harry never will (so he gets the “perks” of all the responsibility) but sometimes sibling stuff from the cradle sticks with you no matter what. Now I don’t doubt the brothers still love each other and will always be brothers in an emotional sense but every relationship has ebbs and flows. 

15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think Meghan looks too covered up in this ill-fitting getup.  Also, it looks like that cape might choke her.

I don’t think she’s too covered up- it’s at the Abbey. Very appropriate IMO. Id like that to mass/church etc without the cape. 

I agree with you all the wrinkles though, I do think that’s the fabric. If it had a bit more stretch it would be fitted without the wrinkles in motion. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I ask that very question quite often.   Woman has TERRIBLE taste in hats.   Not Queen Mother circa 1970s terrible but still damn bad.

Look at the bright side- unlike the three previous Queens of the Netherlands, it's her husband rather than herself who reigns over that nation which means in theory he can tell her to quit wearing those hats on public occasions if he wants! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Laugh 1

Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.