Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

 If the media behaves themselves and stops the VICIOUS attacks on Meghan, they  might come back. 

Yeah that's not happening. One would have to acknowledge racism even exists and their own unconscious bias to change their behavior and I don't see that level of self-awareness or empathy coming from these pieces of human garbage.

Not when they've all decided that the evil, scheming brown woman has completely manipulated their poor weak willed white prince with her exotic DNA and magical vagina and taken him away from them. No, they just wait for a tragedy to happen and rush to delete their old insidious articles to cover their asses. 

I will never give Daily Mail a click, ever - so I'm going to assume the story about Meghan and Edward Enninful has to do with the Forces for Change panel/event that British Vogue has coming up.

I figured she might show up for it, seeing as the issue she helped create was the impetus for the whole thing. And kudos that the issue has grown into Edward and British Vogue making it into an annual event/conversation. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Is she a glutton for punishment? Just when it seemed the press had begun to ease up, this'll get them going again.

The press never eased up and the woman has work to do.  It's no different then when any of us go to work knowing our co-worker is the biggest slimeball ever.  Meghan's also honoring Edward Enninful.  Should she not do that because gossipmongers are vile?  

ETA: 

Quote

I will never give Daily Mail a click, ever - so I'm going to assume the story about Meghan and Edward Enninful has to do with the Forces for Change panel/event that British Vogue has coming up

Same here.  No clicks. Ever. I knew a British Vogue event was upcoming so - like you - all I did was add.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

The press never eased up and the woman has work to do.  It's no different then when any of us go to work knowing our co-worker is the biggest slimeball ever.  

And, the Daily Fail would have had a field day if she bowed out and did not honor her commitments.  She has been backed into a corner where no matter what she does it is wrong.  

  • Like 7
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8025539/Prince-Harry-shares-amusing-exchanges-messages-Jon-Bon-Jovi.html

Ha, Jon Bon Jovi. If they are friends maybe Bon Jovi's mama can fix Harry's hair. Or is it his Daddy that is the stylist? Anyway, sounds like they are going to have fun during their visit together.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8025269/The-Queen-advertises-proactive-flexible-helicopter-pilot.html

Cool, the Queen needs a pilot for her helicopter. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8024569/Prince-Wales-Duchess-Cornwall-welcome-prize-winners-Buckingham-Palace.html

eta I deleted odd hypens in Jon's name. Thanks @BW Manilowe

Edited by LucindaWalsh · Reason: because I had hyphens in Bon Jovi for some odd reason

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Anduin said:

Is she a glutton for punishment? Just when it seemed the press had begun to ease up, this'll get them going again.

My guess is that the Duchess of Sussex would like to catch up with her favorite sincere British friends and, perhaps, her favorite in-laws seeing them face-to-face as opposed to just facetime. Yes, she'll have to run the gamut of all those rags ragging on her no matter what she does but I suppose she considers seeing folks she misses worth having to endure that AND she does have the light at the end of the tunnel re her BC home to return to. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

My guess is that the Duchess of Sussex would like to catch up with her favorite sincere British friends and, perhaps, her favorite in-laws seeing them face-to-face as opposed to just facetime. Yes, she'll have to run the gamut of all those rags ragging on her no matter what she does but I suppose she considers seeing folks she misses worth having to endure that AND she does have the light at the end of the tunnel re her BC home to return to. 

And apparently there are still a few royal obligations that the Duke & Duchess are required to take care of for the time being.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8025539/Prince-Harry-shares-amusing-exchanges-messages-Jon-Bon-Jovi.html

Ha, Jon-Bon-Jovi. If they are friends maybe Bon-Jovi's mama can fix Harry's hair. Or is it his Daddy that is the stylist? Anyway, sounds like they are going to have fun during their visit together.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8025269/The-Queen-advertises-proactive-flexible-helicopter-pilot.html

Cool, the Queen needs a pilot for her helicopter. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8024569/Prince-Wales-Duchess-Cornwall-welcome-prize-winners-Buckingham-Palace.html

Regarding the bolded: With all due respect, there’s NO hyphen in Bon Jovi. From what I understand, it’s the anglicized (& somewhat phonetic) version of Jon’s real family name, which is actually Bongiovi. If there are any Bon Jovi fans out there & I’m wrong about this, please correct me. Thanks.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To add a comment.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

what I understand, it’s the anglicized (& somewhat phonetic) version of Jon’s real family name, which is actually Bongiovi

It is.   I know someone who is a distant cousin who spells it the old country way.

Back on topic, it will be easier for the Duchess to handle trips back to the UK knowing she can escape back to Canada.   It won't be the endless day after day of getting ripped with no end in sight.   She knows there is an end point to being exposed to the horrid tabs.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/19/2020 at 3:45 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

It all makes sense to me now since Phoenics has enlightened me that PS, UKDM and Harpers Bazaar are under a parent company (Omid has Harpers Bazaar royal contributor on her twitter bio).

 

 

No - this isn't what I was saying.  Harper's Bazaar is not owned by Rupert Murdoch - it's owned by the Hearst Corp.  Murdoch owns The Sun and Page Six, who often corroborate their stories.  DM is owned by another company - but the literally all UK tabloid papers are owned by DMG and Murdoch.

Also - Omid is male, works for Harper's Bazaar and isn't connected to any tabloids.  And - I'm not sure which tweet you mean?  I follow him and see all of his tweets as they come out and he was one of the few RRs who DID NOT corroborate that PageSix/DM stuff - his tweet said that the talks were still ongoing and that nothing about SussexRoyal had been decided yet.  So I'm a bit confused as to which tweet you're talking about.  The other tweets about the topic (but STILL not about the name itself) came from BP to him.  BP does two kinds of announcements - one to a pool and the other in formal announcements.

The DM/Page Six exclamation that SussexRoyal has been denied hasn't come through either of those channels - if it had, all RRs would have the same story and would have run it at the same time.  They didn't.

BP hasn't confirmed or denied any of that yet - unless you take the statements yesterday where SR isn't mentioned as a denial.  They confirmed everything else we might want to know about the DDoS' transition BUT that.

Maybe you misread Omid's tweet or confused him with someone else?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The press never eased up and the woman has work to do.  It's no different then when any of us go to work knowing our co-worker is the biggest slimeball ever.  Meghan's also honoring Edward Enninful.  Should she not do that because gossipmongers are vile?  

ETA: 

Same here.  No clicks. Ever. I knew a British Vogue event was upcoming so - like you - all I did was add.

Agreed - I refuse to give that lying tabloid a click.  Besides - when Omid or BP reports on it, I'll know it's legit.

What bothers me is that BP seems to be working overtime to portray things that are happening as though they are punitive to H&M.  Worse - a lot of this scramble is because THEY leaked it - just as Harry feared.

WHY can't BP/KP get control of the leakers?  If I leaked company secrets I would be SO fired!

Edited by phoenics
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, phoenics said:

WHY can't BP/KP get control of the leakers?  If I leaked company secrets I would be SO fired!

Two theories. One, they don't know who the mole is. In that case, they should employ the George Smiley/Tyrion Lannister method. Tell different people different information. Whichever gets leaked, you know the source. Second, someone high up wants this to be leaked. I don't know why, though.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Maybe you misread Omid's tweet or confused him with someone else?

Nah, the only thing that I did misinterpret is the owner of Harpers Bazaar being the same as PS and UKDM. Omid's tweet was the exact same quote that PS put out. When I went back an reread your previous post after your clarification, I saw that I did conflate the two (owners) in my mind. 

The Queen in purple:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8023921/Queen-compliments-young-patients-handmade-crowns-hospital-visit.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2020 at 7:46 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

I think branding would be the main reason. Putting royal on something does kinda convey oversight and approval of the Queen.

Unless its a hamburger.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Anduin said:

Two theories. One, they don't know who the mole is. In that case, they should employ the George Smiley/Tyrion Lannister method. Tell different people different information. Whichever gets leaked, you know the source. Second, someone high up wants this to be leaked. I don't know why, though.

Option 2. The more the press harass H & M, the less space they’ll devote to Andrew?

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

42 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

Option 2. The more the press harass H & M, the less space they’ll devote to Andrew?

It's a depressing thought, but I can see that it's plausible.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Nah, the only thing that I did misinterpret is the owner of Harpers Bazaar being the same as PS and UKDM. Omid's tweet was the exact same quote that PS put out. When I went back an reread your previous post after your clarification, I saw that I did conflate the two (owners) in my mind. 

The Queen in purple:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8023921/Queen-compliments-young-patients-handmade-crowns-hospital-visit.html

 

Then maybe I'm confusing which tweet you were talking about then.  Which one was it?  Can you copy/paste them here?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Option 2. The more the press harass H & M, the less space they’ll devote to Andrew?

It didn't escape my notice that Rebecca English of the Daily Fail put out that "The Queen said" so called scoop on the day of Andrew's birthday stuff.  That tweet The Royal Family twitter account put out was getting resoundingly dragged by people.  I thought the tweet and the tone deaf decision to hype his birthday was really not all that bright given all the news trickling out about a 2nd accuser and then another convicted paedophile Andrew was hanging around.  I think Charles was too?

And then bam - the "royal" kerfluffle.

If H&M were being constantly used as cover for royal dirt, no wonder Harry noped up out of there.

And then there's the clip of Kevin MacGuire making comments that something big happened with legal implications that - aside from the media abuse - is also why H&M want to split off and do their own thing.  He also says that if people knew (found out) what weird legal thing happened, they'd side with H&M (more than most already do).  

So cryptic it could be nothing, but Kevin's comment is the 3rd time I've heard something similar about some weird legal thing going on in BRF that is related to H&M splitting off. 

Tom Bradby made mention of it and so did someone who talked to Keir Simmons.

I wonder if whatever it is will ever see the light of day.

 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not usually a fan of Gloria Allred, but after seeing that school bus, I really like her today.   She might want to stay out of Britain though.    

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Prince Charles tours a fancy car factory, wearing a frumpy over coat (my opinion) along with a cheetah and elephant tie:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8028683/Prince-Charles-appears-high-spirits-celebrates-opening-train-factory-Newport.html

Comments from people who saw the bus:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8029287/US-school-bus-urging-public-call-FBI-Prince-Andrew.html

 

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Prince Charles tours a fancy car factory, wearing a frumpy over coat (my opinion)

I read an article the other day with pictures of him wearing this coat (and one other) going all the way back to the 80's.  Speculation is that they're the only two overcoats he owns!

I guess it just goes to show that no one pays nearly as much attention to men's clothing as women's.  Can you imagine if the Queen showed up to every winter event for THIRTY YEARS in the same two coats?  lol

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Scruffy Fred and Queen Margarethe looking all excited about their NEW CHAIRS.

Fred is just so charming.

 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The birthday present he deserves. 

 

And like CLOCKWORK to distract from Andrew's bus debacle blowing up twitter and everywhere else, BP spokesperson comes out with this (shared on Omid's twitter):

While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organization, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word 'Royal', it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organization, when it is announced this Spring, will not be named Sussex Royal Foundation.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use SussexRoyal in any territory post Spring 2020.

So the quote feature ate my post - anyway - I'm glad at least now we know.  I'll be glad to see what the new foundation name is and seeing it fly, unencumbered by having to prop other failing efforts up.

Edited by phoenics · Reason: ETA: UGH QUOTE FEATURE!!!
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Not a fan of Gloria Allred and still not.   Because of stunts like this.   Because that is all she does -- stunts and press conferences.    She never actually does anything for her clients.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 

Quote

The birthday present he deserves. 

Has Andrew been honorable and called yet?  It's certainly easier and cheaper then flying to, and staying in, NYC when he broke his friendship with Epstein because neither one of them wanted to be the first to say goodbye.  FBI operators remain standing by.  

 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Has Andrew been honorable and called yet?  It's certainly easier and cheaper then flying to, and staying in, NYC when he broke his friendship with Epstein because neither one of them wanted to be the first to say goodbye.  FBI operators remain standing by.  

 

I thought he said he was going to cooperate with the authorities?  So he lied?

What kills me is people flogging H&M over them stepping back into more junior roles, while still doing patronage work, showing up whenever the Queen wants them to and even adding MORE charity work on top of that, PLUS still being Pres/VP of the Queen's Commonweath Trust - yet because the tabloids make them out to be so bad with their slanted, biased and frankly deplorable reporting, people have all of this ire and rage for them... vs near crickets for Andrew.

It's astonishing.

I remain disgusted at the hateful trolls, racist trolls and abusive media who so gleefully hounded Meghan and Harry out of the UK and out of being senior royals.  May they be cursed with incontinence.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, phoenics said:

And like CLOCKWORK to distract from Andrew's bus debacle blowing up twitter and everywhere else, BP spokesperson comes out with this (shared on Omid's twitter):

 

 

Yup. That train is never late.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

I read an article the other day with pictures of him wearing this coat (and one other) going all the way back to the 80's.  Speculation is that they're the only two overcoats he owns!

I guess it just goes to show that no one pays nearly as much attention to men's clothing as women's.  Can you imagine if the Queen showed up to every winter event for THIRTY YEARS in the same two coats?  lol

This wasn't a royal, but a male news anchor saw how fans attacked his female co-anchor for what she wore.  So he decided to wear the same suit and tie for like a month.  No one noticed and they were still attacking his co-anchor.

He blasted them - either online or on the actual news... can't remember.

The point is - no one noticed his clothes at all.

  • Like 14
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The birthday present he deserves. 

 

This is brilliant, & I love some of the comments, especially this one

Quote

 

LOL, I'm assuming they mean that as a joke.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Chaz is getting his Bond on in his ride fueled by cheese and wine.

 

Edited by BlackberryJam · Reason: Hit post too soon.
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

That is a sweet ride. Sometimes it's good to be not yet king even though you're technically old enough to be a pensioner and probably should have had the job years ago. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, phoenics said:

This wasn't a royal, but a male news anchor saw how fans attacked his female co-anchor for what she wore.  So he decided to wear the same suit and tie for like a month.  No one noticed and they were still attacking his co-anchor.

He blasted them - either online or on the actual news... can't remember.

The point is - no one noticed his clothes at all.

The reporter actually wore the exact same suit daily for a YEAR and received not a single inquiry from viewers about it.  He did so specifically because his female co-anchor received emails, calls and messages daily to critique her hair, her clothes, and her overall appearance and he wanted to call attention to the double standard.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tv-anchor-same-suit-sexism_n_6170900

As for Charles wearing the same overcoat for years, he's never been a fashion plate, I don't think anyone expects it of him.  For that matter, Princess Anne has exhibited the same attitude over the years. She has been known to wear outfits that are more than 40 years old to official engagements.  It wasn't until Diana came along that anyone expected the royals to be fashionable.

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The explanation on the website is interesting. Seems logical and much less dramatic than the tabloid spin. 

“given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal.’”

“While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020.”

Edited by Dani
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It wasn't until Diana came along that anyone expected the royals to be fashionable.

Ain't this the truth.   I saw the hats they wore in the 60's and 70's.   

You thought Maxima's hats are bad.   Oy.   Those things that Margaret and the Queen wore should have had the hat makers sent to the Tower.   

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Ain't this the truth.   I saw the hats they wore in the 60's and 70's.   

You thought Maxima's hats are bad.   Oy.   Those things that Margaret and the Queen wore should have had the hat makers sent to the Tower.   

I believe you, even though I have not gone in search of pictures of the hats.

On the other hand... an awful lot of what many people wore and considered fashionable in the 60s & 70s was pretty dreadful.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

The previous article from UKDM about not using royal in their brand has been confirmed:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8030241/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-stop-using-Sussex-Royal-brand-territory-spring.html

and from their own website:

https://sussexroyal.com/spring-2020-transition/

Perhaps the fact that they aren't using it has been confirmed, but not the hateful "The Queen won't allow it!" and "the Queen FORBADE THEM!"  It sounds like this was their decision or a mutual one and not some commandment from on high about the queen.

So I stand by my statement that the DM is full of lies and misinformation specifically designed to defame, belittle, disparage and generally degrade The Sussexes.

Also - from their website, you can even see that the BP spokesperson deliberately edited their statement down and left out a lot of details - clearly they were trying to control the narrative to make things details appear punitive to DDoS - because they left A LOT OUT.

So thanks for posting these things so we could clearly see the bias from both the BP spokesperson and definitely the DF.

 

9 hours ago, Dani said:

The explanation on the website is interesting. Seems logical and much less dramatic than the tabloid spin. 

“given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal.’”

“While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020.”

Thank you.  The bias coming from BP and the DF (though expected) is rank.

I remain sad that the men in gray suits at BP and ESPECIALLY CH and KP have chosen to tear down DDoS instead of realizing a rising tide lifts all boats.

But - the only silver lining is that all of the misinformation and targeting of DDoS has given them an even bigger profile.  Kind of like how attempts to drag Meghan for the Vogue issue made it into a record-setting blockbuster of a magazine.

They might as well rebrand Sussex GLOBAL because that's how large their reach is now.

Edited by phoenics
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

DM is full of lies and misinformation specifically designed to defame, belittle, disparage and generally degrade The Sussexes.

Just the Sussexes?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/20/2020 at 7:25 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah that's not happening. One would have to acknowledge racism even exists and their own unconscious bias to change their behavior and I don't see that level of self-awareness or empathy coming from these pieces of human garbage.

Not when they've all decided that the evil, scheming brown woman has completely manipulated their poor weak willed white prince with her exotic DNA and magical vagina and taken him away from them.

British gossipmongers will find themselves like their former king, George III. Slowing going mad awaiting the call that never came from "his" American colonies begging to come home.   

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Just the Sussexes?

LOL - no.  I knew I should have edited that comment.  I was just speaking of that w.r.t. the Sussexes.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone please explain to me how Beatrice is a VP at this company in NYC?

She literally went from associate (!) to VP and yes, VP isn't just a fancy title for Manager, but is higher than Sr Director and Director in this company, not less.  The Sr. Director in this role has an MBA from WHARTON FFS.

She doesn't deserve this position.

Also - is she under the same provision?  Not actively using her title?

https://afiniti.com/team/beatrice-york

I'm sick of these double standards.

  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Can someone please explain to me how Beatrice is a VP at this company in NYC?

The only thing I’d come up with is she’s part of the royal family and it looks good for them.  Also, the right connections.  It’s not like she’s working at a bank where everyone at a certain pay level is a “Vice President” no matter what you do.  
Gee, I have a degree in History and am still a worker bee, I’ve come close to getting into management a couple of times but something else always happens.   In fact, to get into the field I’m working now I had to go back to school.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8030783/Meghan-Easter-prove-continue-Royal-Patron-National-Theatre-says-producer.html

From the above:

'We have to give her a chance, forget who she is and give her some space.

'If she is not going to be doing any work with the National, then she should step down. But as she is a role model, we would rather she didn't.'

-------------

I hope Meghan decides that she does have time to continue with this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Not a fan of Gloria Allred and still not.  Because of stunts like this.   Because that is all she does -- stunts and press conferences.   She never actually does anything for her clients.   

I think public shaming is a great weapon to use against predators.  The law so often punishes the poor & unpowerful for much lesser offenses, while the rich and connected commit major crimes and run free. 

And if I had survived the horrors of Epstein, that bus - Andrew as nothing but a suspect avoiding an American law agency - would  have made me cheer.  

That bastard may be of royal blood, but the FBI wants him for questioning. He's a perp, not a prince of a guy.

 

 

 

 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, merylinkid said:

I notice things will be reviewed after 12 months.   That tells me more than anything this is a safety and mental health thing.   If the media behaves themselves and stops the VICIOUS attacks on Meghan, they  might come back.   Will there always be some disapproval.   Sure.   But if they can stop the racism, and Harry thinks Meghan will not be pursued as his mother was, they will resume their duties.  

Even if the media behaves themselves for a year, if the family returns to status quo ante-Megxit in a year, the press will resume, only with the new angle of Harry and Meghan being wishy-washy and having been arguing about it the entire time, and it's a signal of their impending divorce or something.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, BlackberryJam said:

Scruffy Fred and Queen Margarethe looking all excited about their NEW CHAIRS.

Fred is just so charming.

 

My takeaway from this photo is that if you're wearing a tie and a sling, an over-or-under decision has to be made.

16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The reporter actually wore the exact same suit daily for a YEAR and received not a single inquiry from viewers about it.  He did so specifically because his female co-anchor received emails, calls and messages daily to critique her hair, her clothes, and her overall appearance and he wanted to call attention to the double standard.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tv-anchor-same-suit-sexism_n_6170900

I've heard this story, and while I appreciate the fact that his experiment enabled him to prove a point, it also required him to wait a year to defend his co-anchor publicly. 

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

You thought Maxima's hats are bad.   Oy.   Those things that Margaret and the Queen wore should have had the hat makers sent to the Tower.   

I think literally all those people's hats are bad.  #sorrynotsorry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Giant Misfit

Don't get snippy in your responses with other members' opinions with which you do not agree.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size