Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

The Royals: All the People Who Unironically Wear Robes and Crowns

55 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

especially when meeting children

You can tell she is an involved mother just by the way she interacts with kids.   She shows genuine interest in whatever they are saying at the moment.   

• Like 14

Is there a website like WornOnTV for the royals? I doubt I can afford anything Catherine or Meaghan wears but I'd sure love to shop the duplicates.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Thank you both @bijoux and @doodlebug. I am seriously lacking in my fashion inspiration and the level of casual their casual is at is where mine should be. 

Good news is, they both throw in some off the rack stuff into the mix every now and then. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Good news is, they both throw in some off the rack stuff into the mix every now and then. 

The bad news--the item sells out immediately.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Why is my gray hair not elegant and lovely like Letizia?

Blackberryjam, I am sure your gray hair is just as lovely.

All this talk of tiaras, I just had to break down and get my own (hubby wouldn't buy me one, he wasn't sure which one I really wanted).

tiara (2).jpg

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Camille said:

FYI, ABC is airing something about it Friday night.

That was on tonight. The TMZ royal special was also on Fox tonight. 

Edited by Dani

12 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Look at it this way- you're not the Queen of Spain but you ARE the best Blackberry Jam you can be and that is something to celebrate!

• Like 5

She has a stylist and time to get her hair done?

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

She has a stylist and time to get her hair done?

I don't have a stylist, but I do have a colorist and I make time to get my hair done. Which is why no one knows that I actually have gray 😉

Speaking of hair time, Mary's colorist is certainly putting in the work.

• Like 5

It seems like H&M have gotten the privacy they want since I have seen a big drop off in news about them in the last week. I don't mean the paparazzi, but the general stories so that they aren't forgotten too quickly press. Not sure that will be a good thing for them in the long run if they want to not have people forget about them for those big money gigs. Or maybe it will be since I am of the opinion that they are both being groomed by people who want to hide gobs of money in charitable foundations. Hence the move of her Frim Fram company (linked article couple pages back) to the state of Delaware, where secrecy and privacy protects the ultra rich and their companies, away from California. It was done on Dec 30, 2019, to prevent a massive tax bill to CA for any money made during this year and beyond. I mean, H&M are woke, but they aren't woke woke. 

I did come across this (not in a search, it was just reported in several places today) where H lost a case (complaint?) against a publication. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-royals-harry-idUSKBN1ZT2ES

Edited by LucindaWalsh · Reason: link
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

10 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

It seems like H&M have gotten the privacy they want since I have seen a big drop off in news about them in the last week. I don't mean the paparazzi, but the general stories so that they aren't forgotten too quickly press. Not sure that will be a good thing for them in the long run if they want to not have people forget about them for those big money gigs. Or maybe it will be since I am of the opinion that they are both being groomed by people who want to hide gobs of money in charitable foundations. Hence the move of her Frim Fram company (linked article couple pages back) to the state of Delaware, where secrecy and privacy protects the ultra rich and their companies, away from California. It was done on Dec 30, 2019, to prevent a massive tax bill to CA for any money made during this year and beyond. I mean, H&M are woke, but they aren't woke woke. 

I did come across this (not in a search, it was just reported in several places today) where H lost a case (complaint?) against a publication. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-royals-harry-idUSKBN1ZT2ES

Harry shouldn't have filed that complaint. The essence of it is:

Harry posted some beautiful wildlife photos, a rhino, elephant, and tiger I think. The photos are gorgeous, and interestingly cropped. The Mail on Sunday did a story saying, "Hey, those photos, well the animals were drugged and the elephant was tethered." Harry filed a complaint saying he wasn't trying to look like an awesome photographer and Instagram formatting forced him to crop the photo to hide the tether. The Mail had the receipts and uploaded the full photo, which showed the tether. So his complaint against the Mail was dismissed. This wasn't a legal action, but rather through a watchdog organization.

And this just makes Harry look like a massive dick. He is falling fast in my eyes. I mean, this was BASIC. Don't crop the photos, note that the animals were drugged. It's not that hard. But then for him to complain, "It's all Instagrams fault!" makes him look like a whiny entitled brat.

He has very valid complaints against the press, but this wasn't one of them.

Also...yes, Delaware's privacy and tax laws are disconcerting. I hope they aren't trying to use charities for money, or allowing other people to use their charities to hide money, but you know, Weinstein and AmfAR burned me.

The Royal Foundation does give about 84% of their donations to charity, which is a NICE percentage. 

Many charitable foundations are a scam. So say Athlete A starts a Foundation. He personally donate 150K to that 501(c)(3) organization and then raises another 300K in donations. He takes that off his taxes as a charitable deduction. His wife is the President and CEO of that charity and her salary is 150K/yr, which she pays taxes on, but at a lower rate than her husband. She also drives a car paid for by the Foundation as a business expense, dines out in style five times per week on the company card, hires her loser nephew as her assistant and pays him 70K/yr and nephew's girlfriend, who she pays 40K/yr. Those two also get cars and a company credit card. Very little of the money donated to the foundation actually goes to organizations doing the work or families in need, but does provide a tax-free way for Athlete A to support his worthless family members.

UGH. Now, certainly Meghan isn't going to support her worthless family members this way, but celebrity charities and foundations are such a scam. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

5 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The Royal Foundation does give about 84% of their donations to charity, which is a NICE percentage. 

Not just nice.  Pretty awesome, and likely not a tidbit of info you will be likely to find in the Daily Mail school of journalism.

• Like 12

Fun Fact:  IPSO is a "watchdog" organization composed of owners of the very tabloids they're supposedly "policing".

Also, there's nothing to be said about other BRF foundations based in the US only giving paltry amounts of the millions it rakes in to the charities itself?  Or The Queen hiding her own assets in tax schemes?  Nothing?  Ok then~  

If anyone lives in Cornwall, please make a will.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 4

I watched the ABC special about H & M. I started the Fox one, but it was TMZ based and had too much Piers Morgan and his hatred of Meghan. That dude needs to chill out.

• Like 5

The rags are now saying that the reason that Doria Ragland isn't moving to Canada to be with her daughter and grandson is because Mother and Daughter aren't that close.     She's still a working woman, and maybe visiting twice a year works for her.    The nasty reporters, and her estranged relatives just find any excuse to rip on Meghan, don't they?    

• Like 8

While I don't miss that pinched pain that would happen along the top inner thighs, or the burning from said thighs slightly touching while walking, and then the dreaded discreet adjustments I would have to make to stop the above from continuing, I do miss the finished look that stockings give an outfit. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7952843/Dianas-50-000-scarlet-suit-goes-public-display-time.html

eta Okay, confession, I wasn't really discreet. I would just start at the bottom of the stockings and do that running them up all the way to my thighs thing we do and if someone caught a view, well I like to think they have a fond memory of it.

Edited by LucindaWalsh
  • Laugh 9

3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The rags are now saying that the reason that Doria Ragland isn't moving to Canada to be with her daughter and grandson is because Mother and Daughter aren't that close.     She's still a working woman, and maybe visiting twice a year works for her.    The nasty reporters, and her estranged relatives just find any excuse to rip on Meghan, don't they?    

Well, all estranged mothers show up when their daughters are about to give birth and then stick around for weeks to help. Don't they? 

• Like 17

Funny, I just read that H&M are looking for a house in LA to be closer to her mom.  They can't make up their minds!  😄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

While I don't miss that pinched pain that would happen along the top inner thighs, or the burning from said thighs slightly touching while walking, and then the dreaded discreet adjustments I would have to make to stop the above from continuing, I do miss the finished look that stockings give an outfit. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7952843/Dianas-50-000-scarlet-suit-goes-public-display-time.html

eta Okay, confession, I wasn't really discreet. I would just start at the bottom of the stockings and do that running them up all the way to my thighs thing we do and if someone caught a view, well I like to think they have a fond memory of it.

I don't really mind stockings that much, maybe I just lucked out and managed to fund decent pairs, but I do think the red ones here are ugly and frankly costume-y. 

This is adorable. 

Edited by bijoux
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The rags are now saying that the reason that Doria Ragland isn't moving to Canada to be with her daughter and grandson is because Mother and Daughter aren't that close. 

According to the rags I saw in the supermarket Harry has given up an 88 billion dollar fortune; the Queen has banished Harry and Meghan; Meghan is demanding a 90 million dollar pay out; and a bunch of others I'm blanking out on.   Oh and Brad and Jen are getting back together 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 22

Oh let’s be real. Harry would be pregnant with Brad’s child, not the other way around.

I’ve seen not one damn thing about H&M and it’s remarkably blissful. Give me more Maxima, please.

• Laugh 11

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's still a working woman, and maybe visiting twice a year works for her. 

Not to mention that she is an American citizen and can't just up sticks and move to Canada.  It doesn't work that way.  Harry and Meghan have the financial means to live here and in the UK and just about anywhere else they want without worrying about overstaying visas or applying for citizenship or whatever.  Unless she's going to become part of their entourage (assuming they have one) and will travel with them how does anyone expect her to move to Canada?  The stupid hurts.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I read Brad is pregnant with Harry’s child. Because if we’re going to be absurd let’s go all in.

15 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Oh let’s be real. Harry would be pregnant with Brad’s child, not the other way around.

I’ve seen not one damn thing about H&M and it’s remarkably blissful. Give me more Maxima, please.

Really? You think Harry would be interested in pretty boy Brad? Maybe as a fling or relationship in his younger days. 

• Laugh 7

17 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Really? You think Harry would be interested in pretty boy Brad? Maybe as a fling or relationship in his younger days. 

Brad’s single and looking and his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

• Laugh 19

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Brad’s single and looking and his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Brad’s got six kids he can stay in the yard.

• Laugh 15

In what world are these two women "twins" or "dopplegangers"? (The eyes alone.)

makrle lookalike.jpg

meghan face.jpg

I think it's hilarious the tabs (The Sun and The Daily Mail) are now interviewing Meghan impersonators & lookalikes since they can't interview Meghan herself.

Edited by film noire
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

If you look at them from afar I'm sure they do look like twins. Who's the first woman? 

• Like 1

I read Brad is pregnant with Harry’s child

No, Brad is simply the surrogate for Leo's sperm and Harry will adopt the child! Get it right y'all. Sheesh.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Here's CP Frederik doing his hot professor thing.

He's doing it quite well, IMO. 🙂

• Like 10
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

If you look at them from afar I'm sure they do look like twins. Who's the first woman? 

Some woman from Missouri. I saw a different picture of her from another article - sorry I don’t remember the source.  That picture was better at proving the likeness.  This article has this woman quoted as saying she’s trying to land gigs as a Megan lookalike.  Good luck with that.  

• Useful 1

I love most of Kate's public outfits but I do wish she'd retire the legging-style jeans (I refuse to call them "jeggings" 😁).  I know she's in awesome shape and very fit, but to me those are best left to much younger women - more college aged. 

I've read a couple of articles today that Meghan is going to appear on a Canadian reality show about do-over weddings. The show is apparently hosted by her friend Jessica Mulrooney (sp?). I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frost said:

I love most of Kate's public outfits but I do wish she'd retire the legging-style jeans (I refuse to call them "jeggings" 😁).  I know she's in awesome shape and very fit, but to me those are best left to much younger women - more college aged. 

I think jeggings and/or leggings are fine for older women, the key thing is your blouse/wrap/sweater being long enough to cover your buttocks/hip area. My Mom is 71 and looks quite nice in jeggings and long tunics, shows of her height but she remains covered and comfortable with the stretch in the waist/torso. 

It could be Kate is wearing skinny jeans and not jeggings, I cannot tell from the photos. 

• Like 14

I saw that article saying Meghan would be on the wedding re-do show, and the next article down was from People, and that one said she isn't going to be on it.    

I could have sworn that one of the articles I read this morning was from People. Guess they retracted their original story. I guess this was an easy rumor to float if her girlfriend hosts the show.

Happy Anniversary to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima who were married on this date in 2002.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t have a link as I just heard this on one of the SiriusXM stations (the 60s): DJ reported that Meghan will appear on a reality show for 10 episodes about second marriages in...Vancouver, I think he said.

That's already been debunked (I posted about it a few days ago).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t have a link as I just heard this on one of the SiriusXM stations (the 60s): DJ reported that Meghan will appear on a reality show for 10 episodes about second marriages in...Vancouver, I think he said.

This was referenced upthread as being false and has been denied by CTV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's already been debunked (I posted about it a few days ago).

2 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

This was referenced upthread as being false and has been denied by CTV.

Thanks. I edited my post. Just goes to show that teevee personalities aren’t the only ones who don’t verify!

OtterMommy

Everyone has stated their views on the Sussexes and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Any further excessive bickering may lead to a temporary suspension of this thread.  If you do not agree with someone's opinion, please scroll to the next post.  If you feel the need to take a stronger action, please use the ignore function.