Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

From Across The Pond: Royal Weddings and Scandals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Steph J said:

It has nothing to do with Epstein, but someone recently uncovered this clip of Johnny Carson making a joke about Andrew's interest in young girls (or "nymphets" as Johnny calls them) in 1984.  Makes me wonder if this was like Harvey Weinstein, where what he was up to was an open secret and something people snickered knowingly about before the press started reporting on it openly.

Now this I wasn't expecting. Not so much that he's been engaging in these activities well before he met Epstein (because let's face it, it's probably why they became such a good friends. As they say, like attracts like) but that as you noted, seems whispers about it have been around for that long. 

Quote

There's no love lost between them, is there? I don't follow the Royal Family ins and outs that much, so I don't know what led to their falling out.

I'll never forget all the hilarious comments on Twitter, when someone posted the clip of the family leaving Eugenie's wedding and Meghan gently pulling Charles to the side because the car Andrew was riding in was heading up. 90 percent of the comments were people saying that Andrew probably told the driver to floor it when he noticed it was Charles up ahead. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

There's no love lost between them, is there? I don't follow the Royal Family ins and outs that much, so I don't know what led to their falling out.

They've never been close.  There's an 11 year age difference and Charles was shuffled off to boarding school when Andrew was still a baby.

Back in the day, Charles was a rather gawky, awkward teen with big ears; not terribly handsome and not much for small talk and socializing.  Meanwhile, Andrew was considered to be a real cutie and was known to be very sociable with a wide circle of friends, always with a smile for the press.  As Charles was approaching 30, still not a handsome guy and known for being somewhat stuffy and dull, Andrew was getting all sorts of press for his looks and charm.  Charles joked about Andrew's 'Robert Redford looks' on more than one occasion.  I suspect there was jealousy on Charles' part because Andrew was better looking and more socially skilled while Andrew was jealous that Charles would be king.

As the years have passed and Charles has made it crystal clear that Andrew's public role will be minimal once he ascends, their relationship has probably become even more strained.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 14
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

They've never been close.  There's an 11 year age difference and Charles was shuffled off to boarding school when Andrew was still a baby.

Back in the day, Charles was a rather gawky, awkward teen with big ears; not terribly handsome and not much for small talk and socializing.  Meanwhile, Andrew was considered to be a real cutie and was known to be very sociable with a wide circle of friends, always with a smile for the press.  As Charles was approaching 30, still not a handsome guy and known for being somewhat stuffy and dull, Andrew was getting all sorts of press for his looks and charm.  Charles joked about Andrew's 'Robert Redford looks' on more than one occasion.  I suspect there was jealousy on Charles' part because Andrew was better looking and more socially skilled while Andrew was jealous that Charles would be king.

As the years have passed and Charles has made it crystal clear that Andrew's public role will be minimal once he ascends, their relationship has probably become even more strained.

A tale as old as time. 😏

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, they definitely don't seem to get along and Andrew probably has nightmares over what's going to happen when his brother is King. Andrew loves the spotlight and privilege, and Charles, for his part, seems to have inherited the more staid, duty bound tendencies of the family. Shame he won't have the support of his brother in his role as monarch, but he will have his wife, sons and their families, not to mention Anne, who is obviously dedicated to the monarchy and it's work. Couldn't say what the relationship between Charles and Edward is, but being so far apart in age, it's safe to say they probably aren't bosom buddies. Also, I think he got on Charles' bad side by sending a camera crew to William's college...

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'll never forget all the hilarious comments on Twitter, when someone posted the clip of the family leaving Eugenie's wedding and Meghan gently pulling Charles to the side because the car Andrew was riding in was heading up. 90 percent of the comments were people saying that Andrew probably told the driver to floor it when he noticed it was Charles up ahead. 

Wait - what?  When did this happen?  Can you share the clip?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They've never been close.  There's an 11 year age difference and Charles was shuffled off to boarding school when Andrew was still a baby.

Back in the day, Charles was a rather gawky, awkward teen with big ears; not terribly handsome and not much for small talk and socializing.  Meanwhile, Andrew was considered to be a real cutie and was known to be very sociable with a wide circle of friends, always with a smile for the press.  As Charles was approaching 30, still not a handsome guy and known for being somewhat stuffy and dull, Andrew was getting all sorts of press for his looks and charm.  Charles joked about Andrew's 'Robert Redford looks' on more than one occasion.  I suspect there was jealousy on Charles' part because Andrew was better looking and more socially skilled while Andrew was jealous that Charles would be king.

As the years have passed and Charles has made it crystal clear that Andrew's public role will be minimal once he ascends, their relationship has probably become even more strained.

Thanks! It all makes more sense now.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Also, I think he got on Charles' bad side by sending a camera crew to William's college...

I don't think any of us can fault Charles for being angry at Andrew for that. To think, that's probably pretty low on the list of Andrew's all-time stupid moves.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I don't think any of us can fault Charles for being angry at Andrew for that. To think, that's probably pretty low on the list of Andrew's all-time stupid moves.

I'm pretty sure it was Edward who did this and not Andrew. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Wait - what?  When did this happen?  Can you share the clip?

This was almost a year ago so I'd be hard pressed to find the actual tweets I read. And much as I loathe posting anything Daily Mail related, unfortunately this was the only clip posted in this thread. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:
28 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I don't think any of us can fault Charles for being angry at Andrew for that. To think, that's probably pretty low on the list of Andrew's all-time stupid moves.

I'm pretty sure it was Edward who did this and not Andrew. 

It was Edward. He definitely made same stupid choices with his production company.

Which reminds me that I recently discovered this gem that was Edward’s idea. I would love to know what was going through Anne’s mind at the time.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I seem to recall the Royal Knockabout was supposed to help humanize the royal family because they were seen as too elitist and out of touch.  To say it didn’t work is a massive understatement.

The stuff with William at school was so long ago, I would think Edward and Charles are probably fine now, especially since Edward and his wife are big workers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This was almost a year ago so I'd be hard pressed to find the actual tweets I read. And much as I loathe posting anything Daily Mail related, unfortunately this was the only clip posted in this thread. 

Thank you for sharing it.  I hadn't seen it before.  That was very protective of Meghan, 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

39 minutes ago, Dani said:

It was Edward. He definitely made same stupid choices with his production company.

Which reminds me that I recently discovered this gem that was Edward’s idea. I would love to know what was going through Anne’s mind at the time.

I - what the hell - lol! I don't wanna hear anything from any RRs about protocol or anything like that ever again.  I swear someone should tweet this back at them everytime they pull a "he/she's breaking protocol!!!" pearl clutch.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, phoenics said:

I - what the hell - lol! I don't wanna hear anything from any RRs about protocol or anything like that ever again.  I swear someone should tweet this back at them everytime they pull a "he/she's breaking protocol!!!" pearl clutch.

Well, to be fair, it’s not like they didn’t get flack for it. I will say, though, and maybe this is because I came of age during the rise of reality TV and we have celebrities doing viral videos for Jimmy Fallon and James Cordon, but I kinda don’t see what is that bad. It’s silly and corny, but apparently raised a lot for charity from what I looked up. How is that such a bad thing?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dani said:

It was Edward. He definitely made same stupid choices with his production company.

Which reminds me that I recently discovered this gem that was Edward’s idea. I would love to know what was going through Anne’s mind at the time.

I agree! I'd like to add that  it seems that the late Princess of Wales was approached by Prince Edward to do this but her then-husband Charles put his royal foot down and forbade it!  At the moment, I'm sure she must have thought of him behaving as a pompous,chauvinist,  wet blanket. However;  considering ALL the  resulting flak that the Duke and Duchess of York, Prince Edward and the Princess Royal got from all quarters (including, evidently a scathing review from the Duke of Edinburgh), I wonder if Diana might have been grateful that he spared her from being in THAT particular mass embarrassment with so many other Royal family members? Even though she had many good reasons to have had resentment towards him by the time their union was done, I'd like to think that this was ONE time she might have been relieved that his broken clock  happened to tick correctly at that particular moment for her! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure it was Edward who did this and not Andrew. 

It was Edward. He worked in television production for a few years, including producing a reality competition that involved his siblings, if not also other Royal Family members, playing for charity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Actually Charles is in a snit about Andrew because 1) Sarah and her ways, and Andrew keeps bailing her out and 2) when Andrew left the Navy and was looking for something to do, Charles offered him an Equerry position with him.   Andrew said no.   They haven't gotten along since.  

Charles is also being very pragmatic.   He knows people resent how much the Royal family costs the public (about 79p a person, but whatever).   So he is trying to slim down the monarchy to make it appear less like they are sponges living off the taxpayers.   Which means the farther down the line of succession one is, the more one is likely to get pushed out (except for Anne of course).   Which leaves Andrew and his daughters out in the cold.   Charles is being practical, Andrew is taking it personally.   

It's not all Charles.   Andrew is hell bent on staying an HRH and his daughters too.   When Charles talked about cutting their security protection, Andrew pitched a fit.   He pays for it himself now.   Charles might not dislike his brother, indifference more like it (although he cannot stand Sarah).   But Andrew does not like Charles.   

  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I remember that at times Diana and Sarah would get together and act like teenagers: poking reporters in the rear with umbrellas, giggling at very inappropriate times.  I think Charles thought Sarah was a bad influence.  There were probably other reasons as well, but I remember those photos and articles.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

If you want to know why the press treats the royals like they do, remember the 1936 abdication crisis, which nearly brought down the monarchy. then there was the Chuck and Di split (before she died).

Looking at how the British constitution works, it appears that cheating on one's spouse is a legal duty of the senior royals.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

When Queen Elizabeth’s longtime dressmaker needs to clean the monarch’s priceless jewels - she reaches for something quite unexpected: a bottle of gin!

Of course, the Queen’s priceless jewels are professionally cleaned when needed. “The Queen’s jeweller will give the stones a deep clean when necessary, so for me it’s just a matter of a quick polish and they’re sparkling once more.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/the-queens-dressmaker-reveals-she-uses-gin-to-clean-the-royal-jewels/ar-BBWBkBT?li=BBnb4R7

Edited by suomi
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure it was Edward who did this and not Andrew. 

You're correct.  Back in the day, Edward was very interested in film production and had his own company.  When William went to college, there was a request from Charles for the press to give him space and time to adjust and most were very understanding and coverage was minimal.  Meanwhile, Edward apparently decided that this request did not apply to his company and sent a film crew to follow William around to produce a day in the life type documentary.  When Charles heard about it, he hit the ceiling; shortly thereafter, the film crew left campus and Edward closed his production company and joined the family business full time.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Why doesn't Charles like Sarah Ferguson?

Their personalities couldn't be more different.  She's known as a party girl, very social, always up for a joke and a laugh.  Charles loathes that sort of life; he's a loner, likes to read and hang outdoors.  He felt that Fergie didn't take the role of Duchess seriously and that many of her antics were an embarrassment.  The fact that she was close to his estranged and then ex-wife wasn't a big selling point either.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/5/2019 at 11:57 AM, merylinkid said:

These are piffles.   The Royal Family changed their WHOLE NAME and gave up their German titles during WWI.   All so they wouldn't be seen as German sympathizers.   That was an act of  pure pragmatic survival.   And which was the Royal Family still standing after WWI?   The Saxe-Coburg-Gothas, I mean Windsors.

"Piffles"? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2019 at 6:21 AM, doodlebug said:

This isn't the only dysfunctional family to put their fingers in their ears and chant 'La, La, La' when anyone mentions the elephant in the room or the Prince in the bedroom. 

Such as the "royal" Kennedys?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/10/2019 at 11:43 PM, Steph J said:

Same old story: just keep pretending there's nothing to see here until everyone else becomes blind to it.

I continue to be amazed at just how badly the RF is dealing with the Andrew "situation."  Best idea would have been for him to stay home.  Second best idea for him to be hidden at the back.  Yet there he is, as you say, front and center.

But is it really a “situation”? Of course it is, but then it isn’t if the media is pretty much ignoring it. There have been some reports here and there about it here in the U.S., but I don’t think there’s been much reported about it at all in the U.K.

If it’s not really being talked about and thus not turned into the scandal it should be why would Andrew go into hiding? Despite the accusations that he was a frequent client to the girls Epstein trafficked, I don’t believe the RF has received any flack for allowing him to continue to be visible, and with the Queen no less.

So I doubt they view Andrew’s connection to Epstein’s crimes as anything worrying.

Edited by Enero

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Enero said:

But is it really a “situation”? Of course it is, but then it isn’t if the media is pretty much ignoring it. There have been some reports here and there about it here in the U.S., but I don’t think there’s been much reported about it at all in the U.K.

If it’s not really being talked about and thus not turned into the scandal it should be why would Andrew go into hiding? Despite the accusations that he was a frequent client to the girls Epstein trafficked, I don’t believe the RF has received any flack for allowing him to continue to be visible, and with the Queen no less.

So I doubt they view Andrew’s connection to Epstein’s crimes as anything worrying.

Well yeah - because the british press just continues to distract by dragging Meghan (and now her designers) every chance they get instead of reporting on PA's scandal.

It's extremely frustrating to see.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, phoenics said:

Well yeah - because the british press just continues to distract by dragging Meghan (and now her designers) every chance they get instead of reporting on PA's scandal.

It's extremely frustrating to see.

Is that really the reason? Maybe I’m missing something, but I feel like Meghan would be getting the same press with or without Andrew. She and Harry are higher profile and sell more articles/get more clicks. The general public is more interested in them then Andrew. It’s not distraction, it’s just them going after the bigger target.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Putting this out there before the latest inevitable round of headlines start, what with Buckingham Palace releasing a statement that Harry and Meghan will indeed be spending this Christmas with her mother and not the other Royals. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

This isn't going to start headlines at all, nooooooo

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce They Are Skipping Queen Elizabeth's Christmas Festivities

The Palace obviously knows what's going to happen now since this is part of their statement:

Quote

This decision is in line with precedent set previously by other members of the Royal Family, and has the support of Her Majesty The Queen.

I like the fact that they tried to stop all the "Meghan is breaking Royal protocol!!!! The Monarchy will cease to exist!!!" headlines ahead of time.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

This isn't going to start headlines at all, nooooooo

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce They Are Skipping Queen Elizabeth's Christmas Festivities

The Palace obviously knows what's going to happen now since this is part of their statement:

I like the fact that they tried to stop all the "Meghan is breaking Royal protocol!!!! The Monarchy will cease to exist!!!" headlines ahead of time.

So, I’m sure all of those people who will be inevitably angry about this are also angry every year William and Catherine spend Christmas at Bucklebury with her parents!

Edited by Domenicholas · Reason: Buckleberry XD
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Domenicholas said:

o, I’m sure all of those people who will be inevitably angry about this are also angry every year William and Catherine spend Christmas at Bucklebury with her parents!

Well not all THOSE people.   But yeah, people do get irked that William and Kate dare to spend Christmas with her family every other year.   After all, he is going to be King someday he needs to go to the official Royal Family Christmas.   Never mind that he shows up for the de riguer walk to Church.   They are horrible people for skipping the family celebrations.   Because taxpayer dollars, yadadadada.  Something Something.

With Meghan it's more "she is difficult and no one wanted her there."    Which is rude.   But hey Princess Michael can "just happen" to wear her brooch now.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Domenicholas said:

So, I’m sure all of those people who will be inevitably angry about this are also angry every year William and Catherine spend Christmas at Bucklebury with her parents!

If only. It would be nice if those people could be rational enough to realize that William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan were with the Queen last Christmas so it makes sense to stick with the same schedule so everyone is together at the same time.  

Edited by Dani
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Now this I wasn't expecting. Not so much that he's been engaging in these activities well before he met Epstein (because let's face it, it's probably why they became such a good friends. As they say, like attracts like) but that as you noted, seems whispers about it have been around for that long. 

Exactly. The one thing that these sexual assault scandals have committed since the FOX revelations got the it all started is that birds of a feather do indeed flock together. Sexual predators don't only find each other on the dark Web, they find each other in the real world and commit their crimes together. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Sexual predators don't only find each other on the dark Web, they find each other in the real world and commit their crimes together. 

Safety in numbers. If one goes down he can take them all down with him, so they are all less likely to spill the beans. Imagine what they could accomplish if they put all that energy into doing something good for the world? Maybe then they wouldn't have to trick/manipulate women/girls into "being with" them. *blech!*

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Safety in numbers. If one goes down he can take them all down with him, so they are all less likely to spill the beans. Imagine what they could accomplish if they put all that energy into doing something good for the world? Maybe then they wouldn't have to trick/manipulate women/girls into "being with" them. *blech!*

He's a Prince.   And not half bad looking.   He doesn't NEED to trick women into being with him.   He could have a perfectly good relationship with an age appropriate woman.   he wants the power over the young women.    It's not about the sex, it's about the power.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

This is a lovely photo of young Prince Charles. Happy Birthday to him. But I’m going to stop following Prince Andrew. 
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

He's a Prince.   And not half bad looking.   He doesn't NEED to trick women into being with him.   He could have a perfectly good relationship with an age appropriate woman.   he wants the power over the young women.    It's not about the sex, it's about the power.

Exactly. I'm so tired of people arguing, "But he's good-looking/rich/happily married! Why would he need to molest/rape women?"

The obvious underlying sentiment being that because this guy could easily find a willing sex partner--or already has one--that he couldn't possibly be a rapist.

But as stated, it's not about the sex, it's about violence and power.

  • Like 18
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, Camille said:

Exactly. I'm so tired of people arguing, "But he's good-looking/rich/happily married! Why would he need to molest/rape women?"

The obvious underlying sentiment being that because this guy could easily find a willing sex partner--or already has one--that he couldn't possibly be a rapist.

But as stated, it's not about the sex, it's about violence and power.

Also the notion that there are “low status men” (because of looks and income) that MUST rape to fulfill their need for partnered sex because the male need for partnered sex is so strong they are compelled hurt people. No they hurt people because they are evil and entitled and without morals not due to a biological drive. It’s this same logic people used when the sexual abuse scandals in the Catholic Church came out- “Oh if priests could marry they wouldn’t hurt kids.”......ummm NO. 
 

Onto more PLEASANT things, this photo is precious too!!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

There’s always a lot of (valid) talk about how unhappy Diana was in the marriage, but Charles was pretty miserable as well. It was a mistake for both of them. Charles is happier with Camz and he seems at peace with QEII not stepping aside. Sure, he probably wants to kick Andrew in the nuts, strip him of his titles and exile him to someplace freezing and Scottish, but the rest of the family does seem settled. Seventy-one and healthy. That’s a great thing.

  • Like 20
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Birthday to Prince Charles.

BTW, if you ever think you want the elegant life of Royalty, I would like to point that the Prince is spending his 71st birthday in India working.   Not that India is not a lovely country.   But he is not there for pleasure.   He has to make small talk with strangers and look interested in whatever is in front of him at the moment.   He is celebrating with strangers.  I'm sure he would rather be celebrating his birthday at home with wife, kids and adorable grandchildren. 

Also, most 71 year olds are considering retirement, to take more time to do what they want instead of what others want.   Charles hasn't even started his "real" job yet.     

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

There’s always a lot of (valid) talk about how unhappy Diana was in the marriage, but Charles was pretty miserable as well. It was a mistake for both of them. Charles is happier with Camz and he seems at peace with QEII not stepping aside. Sure, he probably wants to kick Andrew in the nuts, strip him of his titles and exile him to someplace freezing and Scottish, but the rest of the family does seem settled. Seventy-one and healthy. That’s a great thing.

Yep, very rarely does it happen that just ONE member of an unhappily married couple is unhappy while the other one thinks everything's cakes and ale!  I also think the Prince of Wales HAS had time to think of things he wished he'd done differently that might have maybe made the marriage at least have been smoother if not a happy one. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s this same logic people used when the sexual abuse scandals in the Catholic Church came out- “Oh if priests could marry they wouldn’t hurt kids.”......ummm NO. 

I find that argument horrifically offensive. I don't care how desperate you are to get laid, no decent person is going to turn to a CHILD for gratification. By that same argument, there would be no sex scandals in Jewish/Christian houses of worship because their clergy ARE allowed to date and marry. A priest desperate to get laid could easily sneak off and find himself an ADULT to cavort with.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think he’s more emotionally relaxed- his children are grown, William has a loving wife in Kate (so he knows that William has someone to love him once he’s gone), Harry is now married too (I put William first cause he’s oldest and is going to have all the pressures of Kingship- that makes a parent worry). He’s got grandbabies to cuddle with and his parents have stayed in relatively good health- golly how many get to be 71 with both parents still living!
 

He’s comfortable with who he is and what he’s done with his life. I also think that he looks happier because he gets to wake up next to the woman he truly truly loves every day. And when you’re older you’re just less likely to give a fuck and just be who you are. 

I agree with all of this.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Camille said:

I find that argument horrifically offensive. I don't care how desperate you are to get laid, no decent person is going to turn to a CHILD for gratification. By that same argument, there would be no sex scandals in Jewish/Christian houses of worship because their clergy ARE allowed to date and marry. A priest desperate to get laid could easily sneak off and find himself an ADULT to cavort with.

I agree with all of this.

I too am horrifically offended by said logic- but it was popular! Also the notion that it’s women’s responsibility to be sexually available to men lest they rape children! Ummmhmmm. It’s all tied up in victim blaming and not actually blaming the predator- no matter how rich, connected (or not) for their actions.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Happy Birthday to Prince Charles.

BTW, if you ever think you want the elegant life of Royalty, I would like to point that the Prince is spending his 71st birthday in India working.   Not that India is not a lovely country.   But he is not there for pleasure.   He has to make small talk with strangers and look interested in whatever is in front of him at the moment.   He is celebrating with strangers.  I'm sure he would rather be celebrating his birthday at home with wife, kids and adorable grandchildren. 

Also, most 71 year olds are considering retirement, to take more time to do what they want instead of what others want.   Charles hasn't even started his "real" job yet.     

Back on topic- yes, this man has been waiting to be King since he was 4yrs old! He’s been waiting the longest and is the oldest heir apparent in the history of the monarchy. Likely he will celebrate privately how he desires when he’s done with his duties. This is a job for LIFE, from the second you’re born until you die. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size