Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

From Across The Pond: Royal Weddings and Scandals

5 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

YAAAAY.     Let the celebrations begin.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Oosala said:

Well, I have a theory as to why Meghan is always seen holding hands and/or clutching Harry and also holding her baby bump. 

She isn't always holding hands and/or clutching onto Harry. They equally hold each other's hands and reach for each other. There are countless videos/pictures of Harry reaching for Meghan as much as she does to him. They are obviously simply two tactile people who like holding onto each other. But since it doesn't fit the narrative of Meghan as clingy and insecure, it gets spun as her always holding onto and clinging to him. Meghan looks perfectly confident and self assured on her own during her solo engagements. 

As for the baby bump holding, one, again she doesn't do it all the time. No, that's just photographers taking multiple pictures and entertainment sites using the images of her from maybe a second or minute in time of an however long engagement, to push the narrative that she's always holding onto her baby bump. Also, there are many videos that actually show Meghan's stomach moving, as in the baby is clearly kicking (God pregnancy is weird). So my opinion is she's likely holding and cradling her bump because she has a living, growing thing kicking her from the inside. 

• Like 24

Together: Our Community Cookbook, the project Meghan worked on with the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen won an Andre SImon Food & Drink Book Award today. 

• Like 19

59 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

She isn't always holding hands and/or clutching onto Harry. They equally hold each other's hands and reach for each other. There are countless videos/pictures of Harry reaching for Meghan as much as she does to him. They are obviously simply two tactile people who like holding onto each other. But since it doesn't fit the narrative of Meghan as clingy and insecure, it gets spun as her always holding onto and clinging to him. Meghan looks perfectly confident and self assured on her own during her solo engagements. 

If anyone needs reassurance in those moments it’s more likely to be Harry. I am always amazed that Harry and William can play nice with the press after watching their mother be hounded. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Oosala said:

Well, I have a theory as to why Meghan is always seen holding hands and/or clutching Harry and also holding her baby bump.  I think it's because she feels unsafe due to the negative press and social media comments, etc., and she needs that extra bit of security to protect herself and her unborn baby.  At times the constant holding of the baby bump has bothered me, I admit.  But although I don't know what it's like to be her, I know what it's like to be fiercely protective of your baby.

To hell with royal protocol.  Let's allow this young woman to do what she has to do to feel safe.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

As for the baby bump holding, one, again she doesn't do it all the time. No, that's just photographers taking multiple pictures and entertainment sites using the images of her from maybe a second or minute in time of an however long engagement, to push the narrative that she's always holding onto her baby bump. Also, there are many videos that actually show Meghan's stomach moving, as in the baby is clearly kicking (God pregnancy is weird). So my opinion is she's likely holding and cradling her bump because she has a living, growing thing kicking her from the inside. 

Most of the time, it is Harry who initiates their hand holds and you know what that is fine. They are married. They can do whatever they like. I never understand when people make it seem like Meghan is clingy, etc. 

tumblr_plh3k3q3jR1uly2e5o7_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ph6j7tMcbw1xh0s9ao2_400.giftumblr_ph6j7tMcbw1xh0s9ao4_400.gif

tumblr_ph6j7tMcbw1xh0s9ao1_400.gif

Also, the baby has been kicking a lot lately. In these gifs you can actually see the baby kicking. I have never been married but I always thought women holding and touching their baby bump was a natural thing. 

tumblr_pm9v92RXtG1s7g60mo3_400.giftumblr_pmfa4pZDc41xh0s9ao2_250.gif

• Like 22

People Magazine posted the picture below on their Instagram and I guess trying to be tactful, captioned it that Harry couldn't help but steal a glance at Meghan's baby bump. 90 percent of the comments on the post were, "um, I'm pretty sure he's looking at her boobs".

gettyimages-1091982214-594x594.jpg

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Most of the time, it is Harry who initiates their hand holds and you know what that is fine. They are married. They can do whatever they like. Inever understand when people make it seem like Meghan is clingy, etc. 

Neither do I. A couple married for what nine or ten months are still holding hands. Stop the presses! That's a huge shocker. 

• Like 15
  • Laugh 3

That gif of the baby kicking in the black dress is amazing.  You can literally see her dress moving from the force of the baby's kick!

• Like 10

My husband and I used to watch our son move in my tummy. It was really creepy. Like, it looked like my stomach was rippling from some alien force. And, I sit at a desk at work where the desk is at the same height as my stomach. When my son used to kick really hard, I'd have to back away from the desk. Meghan's pregnancy is bringing back all those memories!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

While he's trying to pretend he's King Lear and she's one of his elder daughters, in actuality, it seems she's more like Cordelia who still cared for him despite his earlier rejection of her. What's also sad is that even after that rather poignant appeal on her part, he STILL is treating her with disdain (and a media ticket if not a meal ticket)  while apparently treating the Other Markle Sibs as though they can do no wrong despite their blatantly unfair treatment.   IMO, it's very lucky for the Duchess of Sussex that she was raised solo by her mother Ms. Ragland and did NOT have these three in her life on a regular basis. Otherwise, she'd have likely been more like them! 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

IMO, it's very lucky for the Duchess of Sussex that she was raised solo by her mother Ms. Ragland and did NOT have these three in her life on a regular basis. Otherwise, she'd have likely been more like them! 

Well Meghan got her class and grace from someone.   Ms. Ragland has been nothing but graceful through all this.    So low key, happy for her daughter but living her own life.   

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Good to hear that Meghan has friends that stand up for her.

And can anyone be surprised that Meghan reached out to her father after her wedding only for him to once again try to cash in on the relationship?  It is very clear that her father doesn't want a relationship with her unless he can profit from it, just like her half sister.  She's lived her life up until now with little contact with these toxic people, she's better off without them.  Her child will also be far better off.

• Like 24

As expected Samantha GRANT went ballistic over a positive piece about Duchess Meghan.   So ballistic in fact that the tabs that formerly bought everything she said hook line and sinker are laughing at her.    

• Like 7

Was Richard Palmer once one of Britain's most distinguished journalists now reduced to a gossipmonger for The Daily Express?  His tweets always have the tone of: "I am big!  It's the newspapers that got small."

6 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Was Richard Palmer once one of Britain's most distinguished journalists now reduced to a gossipmonger for The Daily Express?  His tweets always have the tone of: "I am big!  It's the newspapers that got small."

I'm pretty sure dude doesn't even have a Journalism degree. And he tweets like that because he is an insecure little man who wants to feel important but knows that he's essentially a tabloid hack writer churning out crap that a fifth grader could write. My favorite, "are you fucking kidding me" moment with this fool was when he tried to tie TIME's picking the journalists for People of the Year to himself and declare about how threatened he too has been for reporting "the truth" by crazy Meghan fanatics.

Yes, compared himself to the men and women who literally put their lives on the line to report on corrupt governments, etc. because he got called out for his shit by some people on Twitter. Give this man a medal of honor for bravery. Like I've said, it's truly been fascinating observing some of these people since Meghan's just dating Harry became public knowledge. Their level of delusional narcissism that they're relevant in any real way is astounding. 

• Like 1

Meghan working the classic "white shirt, black skirt" ensemble.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-harry-jokes-size-unborn-101500436.html

And they're planning a trip to North Africa.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure dude doesn't even have a Journalism degree. And he tweets like that because he is an insecure little man who wants to feel important but knows that he's essentially a tabloid hack writer churning out crap that a fifth grader could write. My favorite, "are you fucking kidding me" moment with this fool was when he tried to tie TIME's picking the journalists for People of the Year to himself and declare about how threatened he too has been for reporting "the truth" by crazy Meghan fanatics.

I never really thought he was. However, since he keeps acting like Norma Desmond before they carted her away, I wanted to double check. 😉 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

February 6 was the anniversary of King George's death making Elizabeth Queen.   Yesterday (February 8 ) was the anniversary of Parliament proclaiming her Queen.   Long Live the Queen.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Called out by Nickelodeon (😱) yet royal gossipmongers still insist only trolls, bots, crazies, and now Meghan's friends, take issue with Britain's coverage of her.  

Edited by MissAlmond

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Good to hear that Meghan has friends that stand up for her.

Well according to gossipmongers and those who cut and paste their outrage, the friends defending Meghan are causing great damage to monarchy.  🙄  Nope.  That call is coming from inside the house.  🤐

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Well according to gossipmongers and those who cut and paste their outrage, the friends defending Meghan are causing great damage to monarchy.  🙄  Nope.  That call is coming from inside the house.  🤐

Well, the haters can gripe all they want, but at the end of the day, Meghan is the Princess/duchess living a happy life (hopefully) in a castle with a wonderful Prince of a husband while these toxic losers are stewing in their own bile.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 8

A couple shows to watch for on PBS - there is a 2 part show on Princess "Margaret:  The Rebel Princess" on Feb. 10 and 17, and I'm sure both parts will be repeated on other dates.  "Inside Balmoral" which is 3 parts (185--1954, 1955-1992, and 1993-2017) which on my PBS station will be shown on the next 3 Sunday nights.  I'm not sure if the latter show is a repeat or if this is the first time it's been shown on PBS.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

OMG, Meghan's father released the handwritten letter where Meghan begs him to stop doing interviews and siding with Samantha.   You know, keep their lives private.    From what I could see (I was not clicking on the whole article and giving them more clicks) it totally backs up Meghan's friends' version of the letter.    As if there was any doubt.

Her dad said he felt he had no choice but to release the letter after the People article.   WHAT???   Did he think folks were going to say "yep that totally heartless bitch writing her dad and telling him to stop running his mouth in public and putting down her husband."  How did he think this would HELP things.    

Poor poor poor Meghan.    Every time something like this happens, I just remember Harry saying that his family was the family she never had.   So, so, so true.   Even the Royals with all their dysfunction junction are so much better than the Markles.   Doria is a family unto herself and is NOT included in Harry's dis.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

And the British tabloids will still give him platforms for interviews and try to create a narrative of Meghan being an awful, evil woman hurting her poor, old father. Which is hardly surprising since they've spent the weekend writing bullshit article after article raging about the People article because, "how dare she try and defend herself and not just allow us to abuse her as we see fit". 

eta: So I refuse to give the British tabloids any click but you gotta love social media where things are screen capped in a second. So I saw some excerpts and this man is at this point either completely batshit fucking crazy or just the stupidest man in the world. 

The letters LITERALLY corroborate exactly what was said in the People article. Like there's no alternative interpretation, context, etc. Literally confirms what her friends said that she wrote to him asking him to stop attacking her and her husband and his response to ask for a damn photo op. And this is supposed to prove what in his favor? I...I...I can't. 

I just continue to feel for Meghan and just hope that she is surrounded by love from her husband, her mother, her friends, etc. That and I this furthers my resolve to never want to be famous.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 7
  • Sad 4

Of course the tabloids have a higher circulation than the more "intellectual" papers like The Times of London or The Guardian. There seems to be a big disconnection between what the intellectual elites wants the proles to be reading and believing, and what they actually do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

And the British tabloids will still give him platforms for interviews and try to create a narrative of Meghan being an awful, evil woman hurting her poor, old father. Which is hardly surprising since they've spent the weekend writing bullshit article after article raging about the People article because, "how dare she try and defend herself and not just allow us to abuse her as we see fit". 

eta: So I refuse to give the British tabloids any click but you gotta love social media where things are screen capped in a second. So I saw some excerpts and this man is at this point either completely batshit fucking crazy or just the stupidest man in the world. 

The letters LITERALLY corroborate exactly what was said in the People article. Like there's no alternative interpretation, context, etc. Literally confirms what her friends said that she wrote to him asking him to stop attacking her and her husband and his response to ask for a damn photo op. And this is supposed to prove what in his favor? I...I...I can't. 

I just continue to feel for Meghan and just hope that she is surrounded by love from her husband, her mother, her friends, etc. That and I this furthers my resolve to never want to be famous

What a miserable excuse for a father. Meghan and Harry have been nothing but respectful to him. There is nothing they can do to fix the situation. The Markle's are never ever going to stop. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

My library has a service where you can get magazines digitally through an app. Some are more tabloid-ish and I can’t believe some of the headlines. If the royal family, especially William and Harry, didn’t have such a toxic history with the press it would be almost laughable.

3CD0CA6E-F0EC-4A00-89A5-16A2CAD7BC5E.png

Ugh, Thomas Markle is stupid and scummy for releasing that letter. Stupid because it proves he lied about being ghosted by Meghan. Scummy because he's releasing private communication. No wonder Meghan cut off all those people from her life. First her old friend sold all those photos to the tabs, now this with her own dad. 

Screw gossipmongers who are more upset at lack of access than the well being of a pregnant woman. 

Seriously. Stress is like the worst thing for a pregnant woman. The least Thomas Markle could do is think about the well-being of his daughter and his own grandchild.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

Ugh, Thomas Markle is stupid and scummy for releasing that letter. Stupid because it proves he lied about being ghosted by Meghan. Scummy because he's releasing private communication. No wonder Meghan cut off all those people from her life. First her old friend sold all those photos to the tabs, now this with her own dad. 

And, just as anticipated, some are claiming Meghan released the letter because apparently poor, sad Thomas would never! Even though he's sold childhood photos, letters, had already stated leading up to the wedding what the friends said on TMZ, and has done numerous "last" interviews in the past.  And some still claim there's no racism in any of this, just the norm for new royal woman. Besides they just report on information the British public needs to know.  Gossipmongers along with the haters and sources who ride with them can all go to . . . .  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Agree  the above Duchess of Sussex supporters here! In other news, I'm somewhat relieved that the Duke of Edinburgh surrendered his driver's license . Yes, of course, IMO he should have done it IMMEDIATELY after the accidents with injuries (if not before). However; better late than never (and, thankfully, that puts the number of potential future injury victims to zero re his driving). 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Seriously. Stress is like the worst thing for a pregnant woman. The least Thomas Markle could do is think about the well-being of his daughter and his own grandchild.

Or at least the well-being of his grandchild alone, if he no longer gives a shit about Meghan’s well-being. Which it completely seems like from the letter he wrote her (which I read when E! News posted it, along with Meghan’s letter, which they call “heartbreaking”—& so whose side are they on, anyway, with that comment about Meghan’s letter?). I have no words for his letter. It definitely sounds like he wants the damn pic to brag about (I got my photo taken with my daughter & a British Prince!) & show off more than just to show the world they get along... now (which I think he was trying to sound like he wanted the picture for: to show that all fences have been mended between the Sussexes & the Markles [or at least him]).

I know early in the relationship they (or her dad) kept trying to paint it as if he & Meghan were close despite the divorce & everything else (she supposedly lived with him up until, or through, going to college; they used to take long road trips together, just the 2 of them, like to Graceland, etc.), but had a hunch since he started acting rather sketchy that he was 1 of those “he might come through for you if you need him, or he might not” kinds of dads. Unfortunately I think I was right &, again, so was Harry when he said the Royals were the family she never had (though Doria is an AMAZING mom who knows how to be discreet about now being related to British Royalty through marriage). Just judging by how we’ve always seen Meghan conduct herself, I’d say she was raised way more by Doria than her paternal family since she behaves more like her mother.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To fix punctuation issues and correct and add some info.
  • Like 11

I don't think we need to qualify "the family Meghan never had" by saying that her mother is a good mother.  I don't think it's a slam on her to make this statement.  If you've only ever had one decent family member, you've never had 10 decent family members; therefore a large decent family would be the [extended] family you never had.  Even the best mother can't be an uncle and a cousin and a sibling.

Edited by janie jones
  • Like 16

17 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I'm somewhat relieved that the Duke of Edinburgh surrendered his driver's license . Yes, of course, IMO he should have done it IMMEDIATELY after the accidents with injuries (if not before). However; better late than never (and, thankfully, that puts the number of potential future injury victims to zero re his driving). 

ITA although I "think" he can still drive, even without a license, on the private estates.  

18 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

but had a hunch since he started acting rather sketchy that he was 1 of those “he might come through for you if you need him, or he might not” kinds of dads.

He sounds like one of those parents who are fine until their child grows to become independent of them.  I've heard/known parents like that.  Things never got this bad though.  Not because a now adult child wasn't famous, but because they acquiesced to the parent's demands.  One parent, like Thomas Markle, was forever having heart attacks whenever anyone even thought of leaving home.  This went on until the parent died. In her 90's. With her children still living with her. Such a sad situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

We even know the palace inside source.

Wait who's the palace source?   I'm slow, catch me up, please.

Yeah they are sooo trying to spin this as it shows how self-centered Meghan is that she sent that letter.   Ummm, What.The.Fuck???    She was begging her dad to stop talking bad in PUBLIC about her new husband.   That is not self-centered, that is a daughter begging for some sanity from her family.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Or at least the well-being of his grandchild alone, if he no longer gives a shit about Meghan’s well-being. Which it completely seems like from the letter he wrote her (which I read when E! News posted it, along with Meghan’s letter, which they call “heartbreaking”—& so whose side are they on, anyway, with that comment about Meghan’s letter?). I have no words for his letter. It definitely sounds like he wants the damn pic to brag about (I got my photo taken with my daughter & a British Prince!) & show off more than just to show the world they get along... now (which I think he was trying to sound like he wanted the picture for: to show that all fences have been mended between the Sussexes & the Markles [or at least him]).

I know early in the relationship they (or her dad) kept trying to paint it as if he & Meghan were close despite the divorce & everything else (she supposedly lived with him up until, or through, around high school; they used to take long road trips together, just the 2 of them, etc.), but had a hunch since he started acting rather sketchy that he was 1 of those “he might come through for you if you need him, or he might not” kinds of dads. Unfortunately I think I was right &, again, so was Harry when he said the Royals were the family she never had (though Doria is an AMAZING mom who knows how to be discreet about now being related to British Royalty through marriage). Just judging by how we’ve always seen Meghan conduct herself, I’d say she was raised way more by Doria than her paternal family since she behaves more like her mother.

Honestly I had my suspicions when they were saying all that. Sure its possible Thomas was a great dad. But Meghan still hadn't seen him in a long time. Its odd if he was such a good parent that neither found time to visit each other. He also wasn't at her first wedding and never met her first husband. Even if you could explain away the first one as being well she's an adult and busy not everyone is able to visit at much. How come he never met his son-in-law? That seems odd if he's so great. Also, if he was such a great then why wasn't he trying to shut his other two kids up or coming out to say both were full of crap? I don't think he was a great dad or at most he only was one when it benefited him. Taking his daughter on a trip together? Well, that's easy. Your the fun parent, on a trip, buying a few things and having fun. Having her living with him for awhile could be that too. I doubt he had rules or anything. Given how two of his three kids turned out so bad, one who doesn't even have custody of her own kids. I question how good of a dad he really is. Even when his ex-wife was willing to say something about how horrible her own kids were to Doria while he never did and also is currently raising or raised one or some of her grandchildren. While Thomas Senior still hasn't done that. There's no proof he's ever met or did anything for or with his grandchildren. 

• Like 13

Wait . . . so apparently some gossipmongers/haters/crazies are claiming Americans don't use the phrase "going down the rabbit hole"?  I thought crazies believed six impossible things before breakfast. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Wait . . . so apparently some gossipmongers/haters/crazies are claiming Americans don't use the phrase "going down the rabbit hole"?  I thought crazies believed six impossible things before breakfast. 

Yeah, Alice in Wonderland has been read by literate folks on BOTH sides of pond for the past 150 years! It seems like many of the Duchess of Sussex's phobes have never emerged from said rabbit hole!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Yeah, Alice in Wonderland has been read by literate folks on BOTH sides of pond for the past 150 years! It seems like many of the Duchess of Sussex's phobes have never emerged from said rabbit hole!

Yep.  I even know the titles are actually Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (started as Alice's Adventures Under Ground) and Through the Looking Glass: and What Alice Found There and that movie adaptations consistently combine the two.

ETA:  Once a promoted refund date kept being pushed back.  I finally had had it and said "What is this?  Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never jam today?  Well, it's today".  A supervisor was put on the phone and my refund electronically delivered minutes later.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Agree  the above Duchess of Sussex supporters here! In other news, I'm somewhat relieved that the Duke of Edinburgh surrendered his driver's license . Yes, of course, IMO he should have done it IMMEDIATELY after the accidents with injuries (if not before). However; better late than never (and, thankfully, that puts the number of potential future injury victims to zero re his driving). 

4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

ITA although I "think" he can still drive, even without a license, on the private estates.  

Yes, I’m pretty sure you don’t need a license to drive on private property. He probably wouldnt be covered by insurance though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Honestly I had my suspicions when they were saying all that. Sure its possible Thomas was a great dad. But Meghan still hadn't seen him in a long time. Its odd if he was such a good parent that neither found time to visit each other. He also wasn't at her first wedding and never met her first husband. Even if you could explain away the first one as being well she's an adult and busy not everyone is able to visit at much. How come he never met his son-in-law? That seems odd if he's so great. Also, if he was such a great then why wasn't he trying to shut his other two kids up or coming out to say both were full of crap? I don't think he was a great dad or at most he only was one when it benefited him. Taking his daughter on a trip together? Well, that's easy. Your the fun parent, on a trip, buying a few things and having fun. Having her living with him for awhile could be that too. I doubt he had rules or anything. Given how two of his three kids turned out so bad, one who doesn't even have custody of her own kids. I question how good of a dad he really is. Even when his ex-wife was willing to say something about how horrible her own kids were to Doria while he never did and also is currently raising or raised one or some of her grandchildren. While Thomas Senior still hasn't done that. There's no proof he's ever met or did anything for or with his grandchildren. 

I Googled, re the bolded, because I thought I remembered reading an article where Thomas Sr. denied he’d missed Meghan’s first wedding, though it said he missed it in what seems like 9 zillion other articles.

In this article, from The Daily Mail, Meghan’s dad shows a photo of him with Meghan which he says was taken “moments” before he walked her down the aisle & a business class plane ticket (maybe more like a boarding pass, actually; they haven’t used printed plane tickets for years if not decades—just boarding passes) he kept that he said was from the trip to Jamaica for the wedding. Meghan’s dad also gives other details about the first wedding, which include that Meghan & Trevor gave all the guests a little baggie of marijuana (he says he gave his away). If he was at the wedding, I assume he met the now former son-in-law.

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To correct some info.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Calvada said:

A couple shows to watch for on PBS - there is a 2 part show on Princess "Margaret:  The Rebel Princess" on Feb. 10 and 17, and I'm sure both parts will be repeated on other dates.  "Inside Balmoral" which is 3 parts (185--1954, 1955-1992, and 1993-2017) which on my PBS station will be shown on the next 3 Sunday nights. 

PBS’s website  doesn’t list the Balmoral show - did you mean it is scheduled for today (2/10) and the two weeks following, or the three weeks following the shows about Princess Margaret?

My PBS station will probably show Lawrence Welk or a Rick Steves rerun instead.

Edited by Mittengirl

18 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I Googled, re the bolded, because I thought I remembered reading an article where Thomas Sr. denied he’d missed Meghan’s first wedding, though it said he missed it in what seems like 9 zillion other articles.

In this article, from The Daily Mail, Meghan’s dad shows a photo of him & Doria with Meghan which he says was taken “moments” before he walked her down the aisle & a business class plane ticket (maybe more like a boarding pass, actually; they haven’t used printed plane tickets for years if not decades—just boarding passes) he kept that he said was from the trip to Jamaica for the wedding. Meghan’s dad also gives other details about the first wedding, which include that Meghan & Trevor gave all the guests a little baggie of marijuana (he says he gave his away). If he was at the wedding, I assume he met the now former son-in-law.

This does surprise me because I thought I read in a million articles that he missed it and could have swore he said he missed it too. I'm surprised he attended. 

• Like 2