Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: HIGH HOPES

druzy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

So Amber's got another cousin, one we've never met before. Did Krystal get sick of her shit? And she can't even get out of bed when her cousin comes over. Yes, let's receive guests in the boudoir this morning. 

Ah Hah! So that's who Little Edie is! I just dawned on me...If  there's reincarnation, Ambuh's cousin is Little Edie Bouvier, she's Marilyn Monroe and Matt is JFK? *puts on tinfoil hat*

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

The problem with a urine test is that it's too quick- if Ryan knew he had a drug test on Friday, he could be using as recently as Wednesday and still pass. I suppose random tests on a somewhat regular basis might help with that, but if he signs up for a urine test at a center, he'll have an appt and plenty of notice on when to stop in order to pee clean.

Oh okay, see, I thought it was longer than that - like 7 days. There needs to be a happy medium. Because he can keep claiming the hair follicle test is from old usage for quite awhile now. 

32 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Mack is the unofficial 5th teen mom of the OG crew; on par with Brianna on TM2 but at least she is official. 

I feel like since Mack technically WAS a teen mom, she feels like she should have been on this show from the start. I would not be surprised if I found out she had auditioned for a 16&Pregnant at some point. Ryan was her ticket in. 

• Love 12

The problem is all these women are no longer Teen Moms. Hell. The kids are only a few short years away from when their moms first started being on tv and that’s sad.

Its sad because not a single one of them has changed. Maci is still mad at Ryan(although the problem a bigger and serious now), still making questionable decisions at times if you ask me. 

Amber is still lazy and depressed and mad about her lack of time with their daughter and yet keeps putting other things before her child.

Farrah is still.. Farrah. But I don’t know. A little bit of growth has happened. I mean she’s still Farrah so I can’t say much but it seems that removing parts of her life from her moms life has done wonders. Like I said she’s still Farrah but there you go.

Cate and Tyler are still talking about Carly. And still referring to Carly as  their daughter when she hasn’t been for years.

In fact.. I think cate and Tyler might be the ones who may be worse off from the show. We’ve said it on these forums (and twop back in the day) that the spin off show probably hurt Catelynn and Tyler by giving them access to things and resources they didn’t think they would have should they have kept Carly. Not to mention that they would see all the other teens and their babies from time to time. It probably hurt. 

And back before this was TM OG and just TM, I used to get really sad and think it was the show pushing them to talk about Carly and how awful it must be for two kids to have to keep bringing it up. Because otherwise these two wouldn’t have a place on the show. But now that Catelynn and Tyler are adults, with another child, they’re still hung up on this. And badly. 

Thats the thing. All them seem stagnate in who they were when they first started the show. But I think Catelynn and Tyler might be the worst of it if you ask me. I don’t think they’ve ever processsd the adoption in a healthy way and probably a lot of that is because of this show- how can you move on from something when you are constantly asked to talk about it? And not in a healthy way but in a way where you Are encouraged to talk about your kid/daughter.

That said.. they need to deal with it, the way they talk about B&T isn’t okay. 

I feel bad for Catelynn a little though. I think she is a little scared that Tyler will say or do the wrong thing and then all contact is cut off. Tyler has never been able to tie the line and is always pushing buttons just because he can. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

LOL, you were really "Surprised"? I mean literally LOL. Calm, you know I love you, but you got two pages deep and were like "What the fuck, PTV board, where are the Fr. Mulcahy comparisons?!?"

That said, I see the difference. 

????

I guess I got accustomed to all the posters on this board to be on the ball with stuff that usually takes me rewatching an episode 3x to catch on to. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

The way C&T discuss Carly and her parents just rankles!  It is inappropriate, out of line, and horrible!  They have no claims on her and they are inappropriate to put these expectations on her.  B&T need to shut this shit down today!  TODAY!  If I ever heard *anyone* talking about my parents that way, they better stay the F away from me! 

I totally agree. I have no experience with adoption, yet everything that came out of their mouths was so anger inducing! "My kid", "I gave them the right to be a parent", and then when Tyler was waxing poetic on the stairs about how he doesn't care about a relationship with B&T, he actually made an insinuation that Carly is not being "raised right" in his eyes. It was something along the lines of "I'll always be thankful that they raised my kid the way THEY see fit", or some such nonsense. I'm sure he was referring to them not giving her weirdo bio-parents ALL ACCESS to her any time they want, but it was still so awful of him. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, chuckity said:

A quick google search tells me that heroin is no longer detectable in urine after two days ... and Ryan says he won't take the test because it's not entirely out of his system.

I'll let you guys do the math.

In all fairness, he did specifically mention the hair follicle test, which is used to be able to prevent users from cleaning up quickly for the test and that test does indeed continue to detect  heroin for 90 days so not a year but it could still be within the 90 day period since he got clean.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

If I were Brandon and Teresa, after seeing C & T's comments and behaviors these last few years I would cut off all contact and move so they cannot contact my family again. There is something very dark, mean and resentful with how C & T view B & T.  Carly understands she is adopted. Anything else she needs to know can come from her parents when they deem appropriate.  I see no possible way that Carly being exposed to these nasty people can be a positive in her life. And how extremely awkward for an 8yo to have to "visit" with these 2 strangers that think they know her plus her bio sister????  Just ewww. 

These people all have altered perceptions of reality and it is almost as if C&T have twisted it in their minds that somehow B&T took Carly from them.  They feed off each other with this delusion.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

They feed off each other with this delusion.

And it doesn't help that they have an army of leghumpers that feed into it as well. "Oh, you're SO RIGHT Tyler! Brandon & Theresa are such horrible people! You & Cate deserve to be with YOUR daughter!! Xoxoxo"...well, I guess that isn't TOO accurate of a description since I spelled correctly...

• Love 17
1 minute ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And it doesn't help that they have an army of leghumpers that feed into it as well. "Oh, you're SO RIGHT Tyler! Brandon & Theresa are such horrible people! You & Cate deserve to be with YOUR daughter!! Xoxoxo"...well, I guess that isn't TOO accurate of a description since I spelled correctly...

You're exactly right.

Furthermore, for Cate to be spewing advice about other people "pulling up their boot straps and just dealing with it", since when has she ever practiced what she preaches?  What difficult emotions has she ever properly dealt with?  She can stfu.

I get it that it has to be incredibly difficult to place a baby for adoption.  As has been pointed out, if not for 16 and Pregnant turning into a series C&T could have probably moved on.  Instead they have been encouraged and given incentive to not move on.  Worst of all, the TM money has made them doubt their decision and instead of dealing with that they are projecting the anger and resentment onto B&T.

• Love 20
39 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

These people all have altered perceptions of reality and it is almost as if C&T have twisted it in their minds that somehow B&T took Carly from them.  They feed off each other with this delusion.

This, I actually think all these young women have an altered perception of reality.  They were young dumb kids,  that now boat loads of money and fame and people hanging on their every word (producers & dumb fans). They think they are right about everything and people who don't agree are "haters". I still think most of themare complete entitled assholes, but I can see where their view is skewed by all of the above. 

How else can Amber justify lounging in bed all day with makeup smeared all over her face instead of going to her child, who has told her she misses her and wants to see her. This show while it improved their life money wise it left them all stunted in teenhood.

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Not to mention you used the possessive your, which I'm sure would have been either "ur" or "you're". Dead giveaway. 

• Love 14

For follicle drug tests, my understanding is when it's in your hair it's permanent, but they only test 3 inches of hair from the root, hence after three months it's grown out.  So Ryan may be technically right of detectable up to a year, but a) his hair isn't shoulder length and b) he is obviously lying to cover his tracks. 

He is so full of shit.

Jen and Larry need to get with Cate and Tyler to see who can out whine each other on missing out on visitation of kids of whom they have zero legal rights.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 14

I really wish that C and T would seek out some real therapy to deal with giving up their child for adoption. Dawn is not a therapist and has no business trying to advise those two. All she does is encourage them in their delusions. And stupid viewers on social media encourage them also. I really really feel bad for Carly because she is going to eventually see all this and have to deal with it emotionally. And I feel bad for Brandon and Teresa because I think they thought that TM was a flash in the pan and eventually C&T would go away, except for occasional pictures. The fact that C&T cannot get beyond this is a testament to their immaturity and lack of forward progress in their lives.   

I'm with whoever said that they fear for Amber's child. There is no way she is capable of parenting a child. She can't see Leah all summer (two times is nothing), but she has plenty of time to see Matt and get a new squeeze and get pg. Just stop. And where is her Forever Haute business? I thought she was building an empire from her bed.

OK, I hate Maci, but I am on her side in this. I feel bad for Jen and Larry, but don't demonize Maci. The fact that your son is a fuck up is not her fault and she knows damn well that Ryan can do anything he pleases and it's just fine with Jen and Larry. Instead of trying to figure out how to get Maci to let Bentley visit them, how about drawing a line with your own 30 something year old?

Farrah in Italy makes me weep for how she will manage to be a total asshole over there, thereby reinforcing the negative American stereotype. 

• Love 12
On 12/19/2017 at 9:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I buy that. No one in Ryan's life is willing to be honest about things. They hid stuff and enabled him for years. His wife rode in the car with him while he was nearly catatonic and could have killed her and many others on the road that day! She never once asked him to pull over. His parents saw him in that state at the wedding and did/said nothing. I can see Ryan lying about being clean and manipulating Jen easily. I know she means well and would never INTENTIONALLY let Bentley get harmed, but I'd be too scared to risk it. They could come for a visit at my house. 

If Maci feels she can't trust Jen with Bentley, then that's how she feels, and I agree inviting Jen over to Maci's to extend the olive branch is a good compromise.

That said, though, if I were Maci, I would not let Larry in my house until he apologized for calling me the C word ( as a poster commented in last week's episode, I did not see it myself), and calling my husband a c********* (I did see that part), while being filmed. That is just inexcusable. I am not even sure an apology would be sufficient after calling the mother of your grandchild the C word on national TV. If he won't come, Jen owes Maci an apology on Larry's behalf, or at least an acknowledgement  that it was a reprehensible thing to say.

ETA: It has been pointed out that Larry did not actually call Maci the C word, at least in any of the episodes that aired.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I'm on Maci's side of keeping Bentley from Ryan but not Mimi Jen.

I think Maci's fear is that she'll drop Bentley off with Jen, Ryan will show up and want to take him, and Ryan will badger Jen and threaten feeling "triggered" if he doesn't get his way, and Jen will give in. The ironic thing is that Ryan would never care to take him anywhere if he wasn't banned from doing so by Maci.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

When someone has helped you and your children out of love and caring, you don't repay them by being an asshole and using the kid as a pawn in your sick game of whatever.  Mimi Jen has helped Maci and Maci used her help.  She is attached to Bentley and vice versa.  That isn't something to be sneered at. 

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is moral or ethical.

It doesn't appear Jen and Larry called Maci to talk to her about anything or to request visits w/Bentley - it's all been through Ryan, which is part of the problem.  They know what Maci is going to say, and they don't want to hear it.  They'd rather stay in their bubble of denial ("Ryan did his stint, so what's the problem?") and complain about the demon Maci.

But more importantly, these relationships aren't quid pro quo, and your POV isn't taking into account how much Jen enables Ryan.  Based on what we've seen, Bentley's safety is truly a concern whenever he's in the care of the Edward's (b/c of Ryan).  

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

There is a word for what Maci has done and it is called using someone. 

Jen was just as guilty of using Maci.  Jen knew Ryan was on drugs and kept it covered up so their visits could continue.  

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Farrah in Italy makes me weep for how she will manage to be a total asshole over there, thereby reinforcing the negative American stereotype. 

I'm sure selling rubber molds of your butthole hurts the stereotype also.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Tatum said:

You know, stealing is wrong, but someone made a really good point on an earlier episode thread that Matt was basically her personal assistant, chauffeur, caretaker, and therapist for 3 years. So, if it makes her feel better, she kind of got Matt to do 4 jobs for the price of one? Maybe she actually hustled him.

Not to mention a little side action. (Let's all take a deep, cleansing breath now to clear the mind...ah...).

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

It doesn't appear Jen and Larry called Maci to talk to her about anything or to request visits w/Bentley - it's all been through Ryan, which is part of the problem.  They know what Maci is going to say, and they don't want to hear it.  They'd rather stay in their bubble of denial ("Ryan did his stint, so what's the problem?") and complain about the demon Maci.

That is what is so FRUSTRATING about the Edwards family...they are treating rehab as a cure, rather than a necessary step in a long, ongoing recovery process.

Disclaimer: I am basing this comment on what I have seen on the show and what has been posted on social media. I make no claims to be able to read the Edwards' collective minds and I do not know everything that occurs off camera. This apparently has been a point of contention for some posters so I will add a disclaimer to all comments expressing my opinion on how ill prepared the Edwards family is and continues to be to manage this disease.

3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Not to mention a little side action. (Let's all take a deep, cleansing breath now to clear the mind...ah...).

Well, I had worried I had blown my caloric budget on Chipotle today, so thank you, @mamadrama for inducing projectile vomit with that comment.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Also, it was kind of shady of Farrah to piggy-back Michael's proposal on their girl's trip to Italy.

And she's apparently going to lie to her mother about who she and Sophia are going off to see while they're in Italy.  What the hell?  Who thinks that's going to work out well?

If she really wanted to be in Italy with Debra (god only knows why) and to be in Italy with Michael, why not just have them come in succession? 

4 hours ago, imjagain said:

Cate and Tyler are complete assholes. I forgot about Cate, saying  "I feel like I'm being punished because my kid asks questions about me"

I think both of them said something about how their kid asks questions about them, but since they have no contact with her, what makes them think that?  They know almost nothing about her (didn't they not even know what city B&T lived in for a long time?), but they know she's asking questions about these people she doesn't even know. 

And then they pin their claims of persecution on that?   

But now that I say that, is there any indication why B&T arranged for a visit right now?  Maybe Carly is asking questions?  I would think B&T would be sharper than to have C&T front and center enough to even be the topic of conversation, but maybe these are general adoption questions.  If if that's the case, then I think it was a mistake to tell C&T about it.  Which makes me think they didn't, and I'm back to "What makes C&T think their kid is asking questions about them?"

Eighteenth birthdays are supposed to be cool.  I get the feeling Carly's won't be. 

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I feel like since Mack technically WAS a teen mom, she feels like she should have been on this show from the start. I would not be surprised if I found out she had auditioned for a 16&Pregnant at some point. Ryan was her ticket in. 

I do have to hand it to Mackenzie for playing the long game.  I remember back when she first showed up and people wondered whether she was Ryan's nurse, why she and Ryan were living at his parents' house (maybe that was just me), but she kept at it and now she's got the house on the lake, MTV money (apparently enough that she didn't become suspicious when Ryan was spending $10,000/week she didn't know about), and the opportunity to piggyback on the TM franchise and presumably start getting paid for shilling shit on social media. 

It's not a deal I would have made, but it looks to be finally paying off for her. 

1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

All this talk of drug tests and hair follicles made me wonder if Ryan would shave his head to stick it Maci.  Then I got a visual of a bald Ryan.  Ewwww.

Ewwww indeed.  The only thing he has going for himself in my eyes is the graying hair.

1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm sure Farrah sold more butthole molds than Cate and Tyler sold of those fringed tanks crappys.

I've seen references to the butthole molds.  I'll confess ignorance and ask if that's a real thing.  Like a mold of her actual anal cavity, intended for use?  Or just the exterior, intended as art, I guess?

And if it's a real thing, is there that much of a marketing difference between one of Farrah's actual whatever and a generic one?  And if there is, if I were her I would just take a generic one and slap my name on it, like designers do with their sunglasses line. 

• Love 8

Tyler and Caitlyn are lucky that Brandon and Theresa have even been agreeing to any visits with Carly at all. They always talk trash about them on TV, I wonder why Brandon and Theresa haven't just said listen you know what, we're stopping visitations and Carly can decide when she's 18. I think a lot of Caitlyn's depression issues probably stems from the fact that she gave Carly up and she wonders what it would be like if she didn't give her up but one of the producers did make a good point, if they didn't give up Carly they may not have had Nova.

Is anyone surprised that Sophia doesn't want to go on a trip with Deb? Farrah always talks crap about her and when they are together, they always fight. I don't know why she asked Michael and Amy to go on the trip as well, I don't think that would be a good mix with Deb being there. Side note, Deb's face looks awful, should be in a manual of botched plastic surgeries.

I can't believe Amber only saw her kid twice over the entire summer, that is so sad, it really shows you where her priorities lie. Leah is lucky to have Kristina since she pretty  much fills in for the role of her mother.

Lastly, Mackenzie annoys me. Let Ryan figure his s*it out with Maci/Bentley, and stay out of it.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm sure Farrah sold more butthole molds than Cate and Tyler sold of those fringed tanks crappys.

You won't believe how popular they are this time of year whenever I'm involved in Secret Santas :)

30 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I've seen references to the butthole molds.  I'll confess ignorance and ask if that's a real thing.  Like a mold of her actual anal cavity, intended for use?  Or just the exterior, intended as art, I guess?

And if it's a real thing, is there that much of a marketing difference between one of Farrah's actual whatever and a generic one?  And if there is, if I were her I would just take a generic one and slap my name on it, like designers do with their sunglasses line. 

Perhaps the post of the day. It calls to mind a scene of somoen pulling the plastic ass from its shameful box, getting themselves all worked up for action, then a disappointed "WAIT a minute...that does not look like Farrah Abraham's asshole, at ALL. What kind of product is this?!? Where's the pride in workmanship! If I can't believe that when I order a faux celebrity's plastic asshole that their plastic asshole it what I'm going to get, then I just don't know what to have faith in anymore."

I wish it were some sort of outsider art, but no, it's for people to fuck. Don't think about what that means as far as the process of cleaning it out goes, or the people doing it. Yeah, sorry guys,I'm judging you. If you're humping a disembodied latex facsimile of a woman's genitals, I'm judging the bejesus out of you. 

ETA I can't stop laughing at the idea that for sure, no lie, someone's got a job somewhere not only inspecting plastic assholes for quality and fuckability, but someone is a anus artist, and their job is to create the master mold for varied "generic" anuses. What a life. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 20
25 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4394254/farrah-abraham-debuts-new-adults-only-merchandise-from-her-line/

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

Is anyone surprised that Sophia doesn't want to go on a trip with Deb? Farrah always talks crap about her and when they are together, they always fight. I don't know why she asked Michael and Amy to go on the trip as well, I don't think that would be a good mix with Deb being there. Side note, Deb's face looks awful, should be in a manual of botched plastic surgeries.

I remember in past seasons, Sophia saying, "I miss Grandma" and "is Grandma coming with us?"  It's weird that now Farrah seems to *want* her to talk to Deb, and she won't, not sure if something happened or if Sophia's just trying to stand her ground on any old thing she can.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

You won't believe how popular they are this time of year whenever I'm involved in Secret Santas :)

Perhaps the post of the day. It calls to mind a scene of somoen pulling the plastic ass from its shameful box, getting themselves all worked up for action, then a disappointed "WAIT a minute...that does not look like Farrah Abraham's asshole, at ALL. What kind of product is this?!? Where's the pride in workmanship! If I can't believe that when I order a faux celebrity's plastic asshole that their plastic asshole it what I'm going to get, then I just don't know what to have faith in anymore."

I wish it were some sort of outsider art, but no, it's for people to fuck. Don't think about what that means as far as the process of cleaning it out goes, or the people doing it. Yeah, sorry guys,I'm judging you. If you're humping a disembodied latex facsimile of a woman's genitals, I'm judging the bejesus out of you. 

In our early 20s, my friend rented a room in a house owned by a single guy about her age. He was in the beginning stages of hoarding and had kind of lackluster hygiene habits. Four times a year he would pay my friend several hundred dollars to clean his room. She would go in there literally wearing gloves and a homemade hazmat suit. She saw some freaky shit, but I will never forget the day in 2007 when she called me screaming in horror after she discovered his pocket pussy. He must have forgot that he left that one out, because he never asked her to clean his room again after that.

• Love 9

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I buy that. No one in Ryan's life is willing to be honest about things. They hid stuff and enabled him for years. His wife rode in the car with him while he was nearly catatonic and could have killed her and many others on the road that day! She never once asked him to pull over. His parents saw him in that state at the wedding and did/said nothing. I can see Ryan lying about being clean and manipulating Jen easily. I know she means well and would never INTENTIONALLY let Bentley get harmed, but I'd be too scared to risk it. They could come for a visit at my house. 

Completely agree.

This too.  I understand Larry & Jen miss Bentley.  Have they contacted Maci in attempt to see him?  No.  They sit in their garage and complain about how Maci doesn't call them.  It goes both ways.  Maci is likely feeling like the entire family kept Ryan's issues from her.  She probably heard more from the TV crew about where he was and what was going on than she did from the family.  Now she's supposed to reach out to them about visitation?  Imagine if she did call Ryan, Larry would accuse of her still being in love with him.  No win situation. I don't blame her one bit for erring on the side of Bentley's safety.

Amber's cousin was a high as a kite.  Maybe it's a good thing Leah rarely sees her mom.

Looking forward to seeing Farrah with the red hair.  I imagine that it will look 100% better than the blonde.  

I fast forward through the Catelyn & Tyler scenes.  I can't.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Well, I had worried I had blown my caloric budget on Chipotle today, so thank you, @mamadrama for inducing projectile vomit with that comment.

Anything to help with the holiday weight gain! ;-)

That reminds me...she could sell covers of Matt's book on her Forever Not website and re-market them as weightloss aids...

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

LOL, you were really "Surprised"? I mean literally LOL. Calm, you know I love you, but you got two pages deep and were like "What the fuck, PTV board, where are the Fr. Mulcahy comparisons?!?"

That said, I see the similarities. 

I am still laughing at this!

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Tatum said:

In our early 20s, my friend rented a room in a house owned by a single guy about her age. He was in the beginning stages of hoarding and had kind of lackluster hygiene habits. Four times a year he would pay my friend several hundred dollars to clean his room. She would go in there literally wearing gloves and a homemade hazmat suit. She saw some freaky shit, but I will never forget the day in 2007 when she called me screaming in horror after she discovered his pocket pussy. He must have forgot that he left that one out, because he never asked her to clean his room again after that.

In my view, you've reached "Need to talk to someone" levels if as a guy just jacking it isn't enough for you anymore. Like you've crossed some Rubicon with society. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

In my view, you've reached "Need to talk to someone" levels if as a guy just jacking it isn't enough for you anymore. Like you've crossed some Rubicon with society. 

Yeah, I can't speak to whoever buys from Farrah's personal sex toy line, but my friend's landlord did have some issues.

So much that when she called me, somewhere between hysterical laughter and extreme emotional distress, and told me to guess what she had found in Mitch's room, I was relieved to hear it was a pocket pussy and not a dead animal corpse, which was honestly my first thought when I heard her question.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Miasmomma said:

In all fairness, he did specifically mention the hair follicle test, which is used to be able to prevent users from cleaning up quickly for the test and that test does indeed continue to detect  heroin for 90 days so not a year but it could still be within the 90 day period since he got clean.

Yes, but this means he could have used yesterday and still conveniently blame the fact that it's only been ____ days. 

3 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Furthermore, for Cate to be spewing advice about other people "pulling up their boot straps and just dealing with it", since when has she ever practiced what she preaches?  What difficult emotions has she ever properly dealt with?  She can stfu.

Right? When life gets hard she takes to the couch for a week. Truth is, she has NO idea about the hardships B&T go through. 

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

That said, though, if I were Maci, I would not let Larry in my house until he apologized for calling me the C word ( as a poster commented in last week's episode, I did not see it myself), and calling my husband a c********* (I did see that part), while being filmed. That is just inexcusable. I am not even sure an apology would be sufficient after calling the mother of your grandchild the C word on national TV. If he won't come, Jen owes Maci an apology on Larry's behalf, or at least an acknowledgement  that it was a reprehensible thing to say.

Agreed. Maci is a lot of things, but that word is just vile, IMO. She hasn't done anything to warrant that. 

2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I'm on Maci's side of keeping Bentley from Ryan but not Mimi Jen.

Agreed. The problem is, I believe Mimi Jen is easily manipulated by her son and his controlling wife. 

39 minutes ago, snarts said:

This too.  I understand Larry & Jen miss Bentley.  Have they contacted Maci in attempt to see him?  No.  They sit in their garage and complain about how Maci doesn't call them.  It goes both ways.  Maci is likely feeling like the entire family kept Ryan's issues from her.

And I think that since Mack came along, there's been a shift in the relationship. Larry, especially, seems to relish in taking Mack's side over Maci's. In theory, it makes sense that a man's parents would be closer to his actual wife, not his ex. Except, in this case, the new wife has been around all of 5 minutes and the ex has been largely involved in their lives from day one. I think Maci may feel replaced. I don't think that's a reason she'd keep Bentley from them, but I do feel like the communication may not be the same because the dynamic has changed. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10

Jen talking to producer about Maci keeping Bentley from her home:

"If Ryan is doing anything, ANYTHING in this house, and I see one sign of anything, he's not gonna be here."

Sure, Jan.

You sat there with Ryan in your yard after his release from rehab as he drank beer. STFU Jen.

Maci has every right to feel scared because there is no way you did not know Ryan was doing drugs and you allowed Bentley to be around him when he was high.

• Love 19