Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Mitya

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

Didn't they use a different VP actress in season 3?

I thought so too...it was Jan Maxwell (an excellent actress) who played her first, and now it's Jayne Atkinson (who's also someone I've long enjoyed as an actor).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I thought so too...it was Jan Maxwell (an excellent actress) who played her first, and now it's Jayne Atkinson (who's also someone I've long enjoyed as an actor).

I guess, Maxwell wasn't available? But at least, they looked similar enough.

Two more thoughts on the episode:

I think Henry needs to do some deep soul searching. If something had happened to Dmitri while they dangled him as bait, he would not have been able to forgive himself. Henry was way too emotional making this decision and I thought it was obvious that he thought Dmitri owed it to him and wouldn't say no because of it, and Henry shouldn't have made this decision in the first place.

And why was Russell going to blame failure in Russia on Bess? He said that they liked Bess better, so wouldn't it have been an excellent opportunity to blame it on the VP whose fault it was anyway? Or does Russell just have such a habit of blaming the person he's talking to that it doesn't mean anything anyway? Maybe it's just his way of motivating his conversation partner not to screw up?

ETA: I also liked that Henry had to adjust to the Afghanistan peace deal the administration supported. It seemed that for once, Bess didn't have to clean up Henry's mess or the administration had to take an earful from Mr I-can-be-oh-so-righteous but Henry had to actually adjust to something his wife/the administration was involved in.

Edited by CheshireCat

The whole idea that they would have someone  who is married to the Sec of State running covert ops is insane.  If he was ever captured, it would be a nightmare. 

And then she gives Henry the same job in her administration and the press doesn't lose their minds? 

I watch this show on a loop when I'm not doing anything, or to fall asleep, and it really gets ridiculous after multiple viewings.  

Russell seems to blame Elizabeth if it rains, if anyone does anything that pisses him off, etc.  Then he's all on board with her running for POTUS. 

And for a couple married for over 20 years, E & H sure make out a lot.  I know IRL they had just started dating but come on. They're like a couple horny teenagers. 

I will say when they get Dmitri back from the Russians, Chris Petrovski broke my heart when he spit on the ground, then stopped and went back and hugged Henry.   How many times can they send this actor away and bring him back? 

On 1/16/2018 at 1:31 PM, CheshireCat said:

I guess, Maxwell wasn't available? But at least, they looked similar enough.

Two more thoughts on the episode:

I think Henry needs to do some deep soul searching. If something had happened to Dmitri while they dangled him as bait, he would not have been able to forgive himself. Henry was way too emotional making this decision and I thought it was obvious that he thought Dmitri owed it to him and wouldn't say no because of it, and Henry shouldn't have made this decision in the first place.

And why was Russell going to blame failure in Russia on Bess? He said that they liked Bess better, so wouldn't it have been an excellent opportunity to blame it on the VP whose fault it was anyway? Or does Russell just have such a habit of blaming the person he's talking to that it doesn't mean anything anyway? Maybe it's just his way of motivating his conversation partner not to screw up?

ETA: I also liked that Henry had to adjust to the Afghanistan peace deal the administration supported. It seemed that for once, Bess didn't have to clean up Henry's mess or the administration had to take an earful from Mr I-can-be-oh-so-righteous but Henry had to actually adjust to something his wife/the administration was involved in.

How about when they get into an argument in front of everyone in the Oval Office Or start making out when they walk just outside. Real professional. 

I liked Jan Maxwell more than Jayne Atkinson and I've liked Jayne in other roles. They made her version of the VP such a pain in the ass. Constantly going against Dalton, and her snotty remarks about the Christmas party.  Jan Maxwell's version was at least classy and on board with the agenda. 

• Like 1