Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: City Folks Under Wraps

paigow
  • Start Topic

Holy bombshells. No wonder Weller was so emo when talking to Roman about Berlin. And we finally know why Roman was going after the heiress. Curious to see how corrupt her father is. Too bad Hirst isn't dead, but at least her dirty FBI henchmen are.

I have a feeling Jane's daughter (or she could be an impostor) is alive and she and Roman are playing Weller with this guilt of murder.

Hirst will be dead soon. The heiress' father gave her his guarantee this will happen.

From Hirst's point of view this man is the most dangerous person alive but Roman stood up to him, made him fire a bodyguard, and gets a job offer to protect his daughter for a large amount of cash. Roman can do no wrong (except he's wasting time with this Jane nonsense)!

After all this time Patterson never caught a vibe Zapata has feelings for Reade.

When Jane is being chased through the FBI building, it's funny the other agents in the background are not reacting to any of this.

I wonder if Reade will be demoted now Hirst has been arrested.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

At last this show is getting kinda interesting, even though I wish there were no "daughter." Ugh to that story line. I could watch a whole hour of a Roman spin off, and I can't believe RichDotCom is maybe my favorite character now. Go figure.

• Love 7

So, Hirst was just a pawn and it's good old David Morse who is the true brains of this outfit.  Oh, and he happens to be Blake's father and the guy Roman is trying to get involved with for mysterious reasons at the moment.  It's all connected!  Like Jane's tattoos!

Rich certainly made a solid showing of being a legit member of Team Blindspot by refusing Hirst's offer of freedom.  Of course, on this show, nothing is set in stone and he could be playing a whole other angle for all I know.

Weller finally has had enough of Roman dangling the big secret over his head, so he finally come clean to Jane and claims that he killed her daughter.  I'm going to guess it was some kind of accidental death.  Oh, and she isn't actually dead, but Roman somehow made it look like she died.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Weller finally has had enough of Roman dangling the big secret over his head, so he finally come clean to Jane and claims that he killed her daughter.  I'm going to guess it was some kind of accidental death.  

1.  "It was some kinky role playing sex that went wrong"
  2.  "We were showering together when she slipped and cracked her skull"
  3.  "I was cleaning my gun..."
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Hirst was just a pawn and it's good old David Morse who is the true brains of this outfit.  Oh, and he happens to be Blake's father and the guy Roman is trying to get involved with for mysterious reasons at the moment.  It's all connected!  Like Jane's tattoos!

Since Roman put the current set of tattoos on her it makes sense that they are connected to whatever he's trying to do.

This is already Season 3, but I am still fuzzy regarding...

What is the need for the tattoos (both the first and second sets)?

In Shepherd's plan and now Roman's plan, if there is important info/intel that is already had and needs to be acted on, why go through all the trouble of creating the coded tattoos and then waste time waiting for the FBI team to crack them?

And if the tattoos are part of the Big Bad's evil plan, why are they always helping the team to do good?

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

And if the tattoos are part of the Big Bad's evil plan, why are they always helping the team to do good?

I'm also somewhat fuzzy, but this part I can answer, at least in regards to Shepherd: Shepherd's ultimate motivation was good; she was just completely misguided in how she carried it out. She felt that the leadership of various institutions of the country was totally corrupt and evil - the evidence of which she coded into the tattoos to expose those evildoers - and her endgame was to replace the current government with people she felt had stronger morals and personal integrity, such as Weller. So the tattoos did good because she intended them to do good; she wanted them to take down other evil people. But she was very much an "ends justify the means" person and there didn't seem to be any means that she would consider a bridge too far. If you're familiar with Watchmen, she was basically Adrian Veidt.

We don't know for sure about Roman's motives, but I'm thinking they're probably not that different (especially after this episode) - he wants to take down the biggest evildoers too, and like Shepherd is willing to murder in service of that, but he also has a personal vendetta against Jane and the team.

• Love 2

Okay, so I haven't paid any attention to the "I'm Jane's daughter/I am Remy's daughter" (which is it?) storyline. But is the daughter dead? Or mostly dead? And did Weller kill her? Or mostly kill her? And is that Roman's big secret hold on Weller? I admit, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention, until this episode which was, surprisingly, rather good. And Weller/Jane being married has made Weller a zillion times more tolerable, up from zero percent tolerable last season.

20 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I'm also somewhat fuzzy, but this part I can answer, at least in regards to Shepherd: Shepherd's ultimate motivation was good; she was just completely misguided in how she carried it out. She felt that the leadership of various institutions of the country was totally corrupt and evil - the evidence of which she coded into the tattoos to expose those evildoers - and her endgame was to replace the current government with people she felt had stronger morals and personal integrity, such as Weller. So the tattoos did good because she intended them to do good; she wanted them to take down other evil people. But she was very much an "ends justify the means" person and there didn't seem to be any means that she would consider a bridge too far. If you're familiar with Watchmen, she was basically Adrian Veidt.

We don't know for sure about Roman's motives, but I'm thinking they're probably not that different (especially after this episode) - he wants to take down the biggest evildoers too, and like Shepherd is willing to murder in service of that, but he also has a personal vendetta against Jane and the team.

Thanks for your response.

As for the tattoos themselves, other than being a somewhat cool concept for a TV show, they don't seem very practical when there's a big agenda at hand, do they?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, so I haven't paid any attention to the "I'm Jane's daughter/I am Remy's daughter" (which is it?) storyline. But is the daughter dead? Or mostly dead? And did Weller kill her? Or mostly kill her? And is that Roman's big secret hold on Weller? I admit, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention, until this episode which was, surprisingly, rather good. And Weller/Jane being married has made Weller a zillion times more tolerable, up from zero percent tolerable last season.

All that we've been given is that Weller met Jane's daughter in Berlin and Weller told Jane he killed her. We assume this is the secret Roman is holding over Weller.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

All that we've been given is that Weller met Jane's daughter in Berlin and Weller told Jane he killed her. We assume this is the secret Roman is holding over Weller.

Extenuating Circumstances:

"I killed her so that...

1. "Roman would not release a bio-weapon in Paris"
  2. "Roman would remove my exploding neck collar"

Of course Weller didn't kill Jane's daughter - way too easy. He may think he did but he didn't.

I knew Wizardville would become important later on. And of course Rich knows all their logins, please!

I kinda lost the plot with the woman Zapata was talking through the toy owl - who was that and why did she have the recording of Stuart's murder?

The penultimate scene with the team cleaning up the apartment was great. Rich is about to turn into this show's Captain Jack - and I loved Reade admitting to Weller how much he enjoyed hurling those truth bombs at him.

11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I kinda lost the plot with the woman Zapata was talking through the toy owl - who was that and why did she have the recording of Stuart's murder?

Patterson decrypted the phone and sent the recording to the bleach bottle? 

I'm with y'all. I don't think Weller killed Jane's daughter. He may think he has, or perhaps Roman is telling him he needs to make Jane believe that. But I really don't think he killed her.

Rich Dot Com was amazing and I loved how he was answering Hirst while he was being interrogated.

David Morse as the Big Bad? I am down with that! Gotta say, I enjoy Roman a whole lot more this season. I sometimes even lose myself in his lies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ali59 said:

Who is the "Sam" Zapata was talking to through the furbie?

If I remember correctly, she was the woman who worked for Zynga (? basically Amazon Echo/Google Home). Zapata asked her if their devices recorded everything and sent it to their servers and she denied it. Then Zapata gave her her card and left. Sam made a personal copy of Stuart's murder recording after being coerced into deleting it from the server. I'm fuzzy on why Zapata knew to go to Sam's apartment and why it was ransacked.

Count me in as someone who doesn't believe Jane's daughter is actually dead and that Roman's just playing Weller. Everyone knows Weller's a guilt-ridden savior type; Roman probably hired that woman to play the part and made Weller believe she was killed (or actually set her up to die for real, I don't know). It'll make the mother/daughter reunion even more dramatic. I'm just glad Weller finally stopped letting Roman hang that over him.

• Love 3

Zapata knew to go to Sam's apartment because Patterson decoded the ID of the contact (the "Ohmigod" scene) and forwarded it to Zapata just before the FBI burst in and arrested her.  Since the info came off of Hirst's phone, maybe she had people over there first who did the ransacking.  They missed the obvious furbee, however, just like the rest of the FBI agents on this show. Whatever device Sam used to upload the Stuart murder conversation to, it seems to be mostly impervious to the corrosive effects of chlorine vapors.

• Love 3