Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Pattern of Life

CooperTV

Screen+Shot+2017-12-13+at+2.54.34+PM+%25

Tensions are high when Jason and the SEAL Team enter a Yemeni house to locate a cell phone linked to a terrorist network, and interrogate the family while the daughter lays in critical condition after being accidentally shot.

Promos

Edited by Drogo
Locked until airing.

Sonny was the MVP of this, as per usual. The really bad bonding attempts with the kid, the stuttering, him figuring out pretty much the entire thing! Also, apparently Sonny is so proud of Davis, he talks about her going to the officer school with everyone!

The show spent the appropriate amount of time on The Boring New Guy, which was 5 minutes, yet still managed to give him a manpainy storyline. Meh, whatever.

I liked the ambiguity of all of it, and the direction. I liked how Jason was conflicted about Clay shooting the girl. That was some great writing, IMO.

• Love 1

I do not know if this fits a SOF tactics, but the beginning of the episode is a bit sketchy. So the father defended his home with a rifle, Team broke in, saw him with rifle, shot him only to hit the daughter who stepped in front on him. Now, the objective is to to secure the phone and to apprehend the owner of the phone. What if the father was the owner of the phone and the daughter did not step in? Their mission would have been scrubbed there and then. So IMHO, Clay did not do the right thing shooting the father or the Team should have done the breach in a non-lethal way.

The other thing that bother me is the trope that the Corpsman provides the best medical care. As good as SOF medics are, including SEAL Corpsmen, they are no match to actual physicians. They are at best on paramedics level.

And regarding Davis' aspiration to become an Officer, Ellis mentioned OTC. What is OTC? The only OTC I know regarding officers ascension program is the Officers' Training Corps, but that is British Army. The U.S. Air Force has OTS, Officer Training School. Any other U.S. military branch has OCS, Officer Candidate School. 

• Love 1

Somewheres I read that female terrorists are worse than male, from the first I kinda suspected the daughter, but she seemed pretty mellow when she confessed, but then again she may have been groggy from loss of blood. I did expect a more passionate response as to why she would be the terrorist.... Maybe I read too many books lol

9 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

Somewheres I read that female terrorists are worse than male, from the first I kinda suspected the daughter, but she seemed pretty mellow when she confessed, but then again she may have been groggy from loss of blood. I did expect a more passionate response as to why she would be the terrorist.... Maybe I read too many books lol

I seemed to recall it from The Raid on Entebbe when talking about the Germans with the Palestinians on that hijacking and segregating the Jews.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, CooperTV said:

They called it Officer Candidate School on the show, I'm pretty sure.

She clarified that it will be OCS by reminding the person who she spoke to that “we are Navy, so it’s OCS.”

(US Navy & USMC are attached for those who aren’t aware.)

I was torn at first about it being the daughter or not. Then later I thought it was mother, then back to daughter when they couldn't get a confession out of father or mother. Luckily it wasn't the son, lol.

I was surprised they didn't let the father take care of his daughter at first. Like listed above, Medics are like First Responders, and I am one, and not really equipped to handle a shooting. But I know they are trained for things like that.