Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Fauxpology

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

Do you think there is something we haven't seen, because this isn't normal adult behavior.( siggy that is ) I just keep thinking, is this  the script, or perhaps there is something else... ( shrug) 

Idk, it is bizarre that she jumped to that conclusion. I don't think Marg dislikes her because she's  jewish. I dislike siggy because she's a crazy drama queenwho loves to play victim. I can't imagine being around her. What I really think is as someone else pointed out siggy is pissed that Margaret didn't side with her over cake gate and her  easy friendship with the others. 

As who hasn't eaten pasta in months I was drooling over the food. I really loved seeing them prepare the food.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

I just can't with Siggy. She's far too irrational to be worth anyone paying me money to spend any of my time or energy in her presence. She's so dramatic and toxic. She constantly makes excuses and changes her story if she needs to to try and justify her behaviour. She changed her story about the Soggy thing, she changed her story about the apology and she changed her story about the anti-semitic accusation. Even if Margaret does dislike Siggy, that doesn't automatically make her anti-semitic because Siggy happens to be Jewish. That's such backkward logic. Aside from the Hitler comment which in no way suggested that she's a Nazi sympathizer, Margaret has nothing of real context that would suggest she's anti-semitic. Melissa was bang on when she pointed out that it often seemed like Margaret was the one that came across as being the bigger person. And what world are we in where Teresa has to teach such common sense things like all words and hurt are not the same. Again, Siggy is incredibly selfish and puts expectations on others that she not only can't uphold herself, but she shatters those standards in disgusting fashion. There's a serious sense of entitlement to think that your feelings are so valuable that the moment you feel hurt, you can say whatever you want to someone (even if that includes falsely accusing them of something that could be damaging to them, their family, career and reputation) and think that you're above repercussion.

And back to her excuses, she claims that she needed time to process the apology because those comments you don't just forget in 24 hours....she made the comment back in Jersey. 

I would have had some biting words for Siggy if I were present at either one of those dinners. At this rate, I'm not ashamed to say it (and I wish one of these women would step up with some homegrown honesty) - fuck your feelings Siggy. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I hope she (or Michael) doesn't ever watch the History or Military channel. 

It almost makes me want to sit next to her in a restaurant and have a long and detailed discussion about Hitler's strategies during WWII.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14

I'm actually enjoying this show!  At least these women aren't afraid to show their real personalities.  The ladies of Beverly Hills are so aware of the camera that most are afraid to do anything more than show off their designer clothes and prance around greeting each other with,'' You look WONDERFUL!" "So do YOU!" (it doesn't stop me from watching...) New Jersey women are showing their true colors whether we like them or not.  I've seen some growth in Theresa-- at least she can say the word 'jail' now!  Siggy couldn't hide her true personality if she was in a coma.  Lying in her hospital bed you'd still see a tear slowly rolling down her perfectly sculpted and made up cheek-- oh, and  a grimace of hurt feelings.  Her eyebrows would permanently be in two ~~'s if she could move them ;)

• Love 13

Margaret makes some severely odd clothing choices!  I feel so sorry for her boobies, always shoved into something unfortunately sized for a young teen.  It looks so painful.  For someone in fashion she seems just clueless.   I'm guessing she's hired someone who has raided the local Little Theater's wardrobe closet and convinced her the odd assortment and size are high fashion.  (I'll never forget that short and high in the back sweater she wore to tell Siggy off in the outdoor therapy session! Horrors!) Tonights gold nightgown from 1980 covered by the black striped robe was a close tie with her 'Marilyn Monroe' pink furry short jacket and low, LOW cut pink and silver foil dress for tacky! I'm guessing she wasn't able to see any of the shows before they went on air...  As for Margaret herself-- I love her!  I wish I could think on my feet like she does in telling someone off in an intelligent way.  I turn into a stammering fool, then think of a good zinger hours later after I'm at home. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Siggy has freakin lost her marbles. There is no way Margaret would have made it this far and just NOW all the sudden she’s an anti Semite but NOONE knew. That’s some ninja secret right there and ONLY siggy saw it? Lol no one else in her life noticed working living and hanging out with her day to day hour after hour this at all. She married a Jewish man to keep this cover raised their child in the faith? This is a hardcore claim that she has zero proof of other then Margaret making that analogy. This is 100 a smear campaign. Why who knows 

And if Siggy and Margaret were such good friends, once would guess that Siggy would have picked up on it before now.  Didn't she tell us she was the smartest person in the world?

• Love 6

And there's this - this is pinned to her twitter page:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5181071/Siggy-Flicker-says-Margaret-NEVER-apologized.html

Some tidbits:

"The star told DailyMail.com that Margaret Josephs has never apologized for her Hitler comment and that she's mad that producers have supported the 'liar and thief.'"

It's so unfair,' Siggy told DailyMail.com. 'Because the show does not air my side. All they show is me losing my temper. They don't show the interactions I have with people, just the reactions.

'I told Margaret I wanted an apology and she said no. No one saw that."

'I am being attacked on Twitter and Instagram. I feel like an idiot for doing this show,' she told DailyMail.com"

'I only went on this show to help sell my book. I didn't sign up to be tortured. '

So... now she's being "tortured".  And we all know Margare DID apologize.   Honestly, she's unhinged.

• Love 21
On 12/21/2017 at 2:33 AM, NeverLate said:

Hands up who knew, no way was Margaret getting her shoes from Milan! I mean she sells junk, like Claires , her shoes will be made in China. I thought she was wearing her nightie part of the day.

I've tried with Siggy, because she's so nice with everyone else, but I too throw up my hands. Oy vey!

Danielle talks a lot about sex, rainbow blow jobs, phone sex, I bet poor Marty isn't getting any..lol! 

Joe talking with the girls, they weren't listening. That little one is adorable though...

did she not know italian hand made shoes would be too expensive? yeah right. so are the shoes being made in china as i suspect?

those kids are fucking spoiled brats. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, luvgoldens said:

Cringeworthy moment when Joe asked Milania if she would get him an old rag to fix the drain, and she said no, but you can get it yourself.  So disrespectful to her uncle.  I'm glad Joe sat the girls down to have a little talk with them.  I know a lot of us can probably say in the old days if we ever talked to our relatives like that, our teeth would be flying into a pile of rags! 

spoiled little bitches. i hope he keeps up the discipline. they need it. and more. 

i think i hate theresa the most if only because of how she and her husband lied and cheated and they still are living in that expensive (though garish and tasteless ) house and are able to afford all the luxuries. big deal, she went to a womens prison/camp. 

14 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I hope she (or Michael) doesn't ever watch the History or Military channel. 

! when i first got satellite, years ago, i said to my husband, "is the history channel just all about hitler" ? my god, they really had ww2 fever there for a while.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

And if Siggy and Margaret were such good friends, once would guess that Siggy would have picked up on it before now.  Didn't she tell us she was the smartest person in the world?

Lol now Siggy is calming they never knew each other.... the woman is nuts and changes her story every 5 minuets 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5181071/Siggy-Flicker-says-Margaret-NEVER-apologized.html

Some tidbits:

"The star told DailyMail.com that Margaret Josephs has never apologized for her Hitler comment and that she's mad that producers have supported the 'liar and thief.'"

It's so unfair,' Siggy told DailyMail.com. 'Because the show does not air my side. All they show is me losing my temper. They don't show the interactions I have with people, just the reactions.

'I am being attacked on Twitter and Instagram. I feel like an idiot for doing this show,' she told DailyMail.com"

'I only went on this show to help sell my book. I didn't sign up to be tortured. '

So... now she's being "tortured".  And we all know Margare DID apologize.   Honestly, she's unhinged.

The part i love is how she tries to say shes such a great person that she never mentioned that Margret had to file for bankruptcy .......lol Witch you just said it on a international blog trying to rip someone down over something that has nothing to do with the fight you are having with the person and has no bearing on anything and it just makes you look even worse.......  Seriously the only semi bad thing Margret has ever sad about Siggy thats really on record is calling her SOGGY  and she apologized for that.....she didn't try to tarnish her brand (which siggy is doing on her own by doing this) And all the tiny slights she said Margret has done to her are so stupid so she didn't like a painting siggy had? big freakin wooop and how exactly did she question her husbands manhood that it upset her that much? And it was siggys fault for not being at the memorial because siggy was acting like a baby that day and refused to hang out with Margret and the girls when they went to do the beach yoga......so Margret should have ruined the surprise for all the girls just for SIGGY?  if that upsets her so much maybe she should really see someone about these deep rooted issues.... she takes something so small and blows it up... She sat on that Hitler analogy for a couple weeks stewing planing on what to say when an adult would have said something the next day to another adult not waiting WEEKS to go on a trip and then have this huge reaction to it...What would help Siggy would be just to stop. stop over reacting stop showing how freaking crazy you are JUST STOP.......

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14

Siggy is actually saying on Twitter that Margaret did not apologize? What?! Did she not watch last night? We all saw Margaret give a heartfelt apology. Siggy truly is insanse.

I cracked up at Margaret at the shoe place when she was helping the guy make the shoes. "Massimo, call me." 

Danielle. Please stop talking about sex. I'm no prude and I don't mind when the women talk about, but she is way to OTT with it. Every conversation needs to go back to how much sex her and Marty are having.  I'm embarrased for her daughters. 

I'm also really liking Melissa this season.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And it was siggys fault for not being at the memorial because siggy was acting like a baby that day and refused to hang out with Margret and the girls when they went to do the beach yoga......

That’s how I distinctly remember it, too, and so I was a little disappointed with Margaret that she apologized for not including Siggy. 

I hope with all the RH part of my heart that Siggy does not come back next season. The show is fun enough with the travel, the Danielle tension. 

I actually enjoy having Delores on the show. When Siggy’s gone (please, Bravo!) she’ll find someone else to attach to and someone else to attack. Her CV as a prison guard is intriguing. Of all the women on the show who could  understand the potential for alliances and attacks, she’s got the real-world experience.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Some tidbits:

Maybe it's like finale episode of the Good Wife with that scene between Alicia and Kalinda. It was green screened and edited to look like they were in the same room, but they weren't. It would crack me up if they went to those lengths just to mess with Siggy.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/good-wife-alicia-kalinda-archie-panjabi-finale

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Josephs quickly turned on her and made perceived anti-Semitic remarks???? what remarks? this is what bugs me about this Siggy has now givin margret a label that will haunt her for the rest of her life and that is beyond messed up ....but thank god shes gone. i wonder if shes going to do the reunion

• Love 10

I think both Siggy and Dolores know that there is a high turnover rate in the Jersey franchise and Margaret threatened their standing on the show.   Siggy is really up there with Jill Zarin in the narcissism ranking.   At least Jill’s daughter and husband were like able...as was Jill for one season.  

I’m very interested in WWII history and know a few holocaust survivors.   I’ve never been corrected for simply mentioning Hitler.   Siggy has made it tantamount to saying “Voldemort” at Hogwarts.   

I actually like Melissa & Joe.  I’ve always liked Joe’s clear love for his nieces.   Melissa and Teresa as friends is so much more pleasant than as enemies.

Im not a Tre-hugger, but she was very cool in her handling of the Margaret & Siggy situation.   Siggy just doesn’t get it nor does she assume any responsibility for her part in the fight.   

• Love 17

I dont think i'll bother with this lot after this season, quite honestly they hold nothing for me. i am not  a fan  of Theresa's, and its gotten to the point I cant root for anyone. Margaret is okay, but I find her trying to hard..( my mother swallows) seriously? I suspect those children you love, were delighted to hear that gem.. her life seems very bitty, not well put together..but I dont hate her either... meh

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Siggy has freakin lost her marbles. There is no way Margaret would have made it this far and just NOW all the sudden she’s an anti Semite but NOONE knew. That’s some ninja secret right there and ONLY siggy saw it? Lol no one else in her life noticed working living and hanging out with her day to day hour after hour this at all. She married a Jewish man to keep this cover raised their child in the faith? This is a hardcore claim that she has zero proof of other then Margaret making that analogy. This is 100 a smear campaign. Why who knows 

Not to mention, Margaret said nothing negative about JEWS. Her comment was negative about Hitler!!! Now, if she had compared someone like, say her mother, to Hitler....then maybe we'd have a problem. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, msrachelj said:

when i first got satellite, years ago, i said to my husband, "is the history channel just all about hitler" ? my god, they really had ww2 fever there for a while.  

LOL! My husband constantly watches those channels (along with others like Science, Nat Geo, etc.) and I have probably said the same thing. It seems to go in cycles. 

2 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Now to see if her oversized lapdog follows. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m very interested in WWII history and know a few holocaust survivors.   I’ve never been corrected for simply mentioning Hitler.   Siggy has made it tantamount to saying “Voldemort” at Hogwarts. 

The interesting thing is that Harry Potter makes a point that treating Voldemort like this forbidden thing/person that can never be mentioned leaves everyone vulnerable for when Voldemort starts conspiring to come back. Everyone is too afraid and horrified by Voldemort that they are incapable of learning any lessons or recognizing any of the recurring signs if bigotry and facism. Congrats Siggy. You've managed to miss a lesson that countless historians and a children's series have figured out.

• Love 11
Just now, HunterHunted said:

The interesting thing is that Harry Potter makes a point that treating Voldemort like this forbidden thing/person that can never be mentioned leaves everyone vulnerable for when Voldemort starts conspiring to come back. Everyone is too afraid and horrified by Voldemort that they are incapable of learning any lessons or recognizing any of the recurring signs if bigotry and facism. Congrats Siggy. You've managed to miss a lesson that countless historians and a children's series have figured out.

Exactly.  Had I been less lazy, I’d have mentioned this as well.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Some tidbits:

That in a nutshell really explains her reasons for leaving. She didn't leave because she was being bullied, she's leaving because no matter how many retweets of support she can scour Twitter to post, I suspect that the large majority of her mentions are pointing out the irrational and malicious nature of her behaviour and calling her on her shit. The fact that she's buckling down and adding excuse after excuse to try and right the ship rather than own her behaviour is only going to validate what people have seen on the show. She can complain about the edit all she likes but they couldn't have put words in her mouth or superimpose her into scenes after the fact to pretend like sh was pretending to do things that she didn't really do. Unless Margaret was hurling slurs at her, you can't justify calling someone anti-semitic just because they hurt you're feeling. You can't call a Muslim a terrorist just because they hurt your feelings. You can't call a white person a white supremacist just because they hurt your feelings. Hurt feelings don't give you free reign to retaliate without consequences. Siggy is feeling the consequences and given what she does for a living, I wouldn't at all be sad if her career took a hit for this. Her behaviour is troubling and her inability to be reconcile with her poor behaviour is troubling to see in an adult. While she can take people's money and simply regurgitate real wisdom she's heard from elsewhere, I'd rather she spend the time working on herself and stop being a fraud who takes money from people and tries to tell them to have healthy relationships while she's so fucked up that she has to constantly lie and shift goal posts in order to try and justify her irrational opinions and behaviour.

And what does it do for her to deny an apology happened when it was actually captured on film?

EDIT: I just ventured on her Twitter page to see and she is getting dragged! And the comments aren't that juvenile BS, they're mostly legitimate 'call you on your shit' comments.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 15

Last season, I didn't think much of the Shiddy Fucker but I found her less annoying

I realized the reason she was tolerable because Jacko's BS Craziness hid Siggy's personality.

It only took 2 episodes of a season without Easter Island Face to see that Siggy was just as crazy.

I think Shiddy must have took navigating Reality TV advice from Jacko.

Remember how Jacqueline had Shiddy & Dullardous running after her and crying in every scene - she needed to be "babied"

Jacqueline also did not want anyone to be friends with Teresa unless she approved (aka Robin and trying to stop the Melissa/Teresa reconciliation)

So now that Jacko is out, Shiddy Fucker put herself into the Jacqueline role. She wants people to side with her, she needs validation and comfort every time tears plop out of her eyeballs, she needs the other ladies to love her the most.

I busted out laughing that Teresa pointed out Jesus to self proclaimed Uber Jewish Shiddy Fucker.

Can someone please rage on her ass?

giphy.gif

• Love 10

Siggy's nonsense can't be blamed on menopause. More like a personality disorder. From her inappropriate, over the top, hyper emotional responses to anything and everyone, to her gross comments about her son and her "cookie", not to mention the emotional choke hold she puts on her kids, the woman screams narcissist to me. She's a nut, and I'm glad this is her last season. Now if we can just get Danielle to stop talking about sex...

• Love 22
On 12/21/2017 at 7:29 AM, Mr. Minor said:

I noticed right away, that is one jacked up mouth. Why was she wearing a pink bathroom rug at dinner?

Siggy is killing a dying show.

The show is dying because they moved heaven and earth to kowtow to the idiot felon Teresa and her convict husband.  All these franchises will die off if newbies are required to kiss the ring of the OG.  RHONJ use to be the second highest rated show behind Atlanta, now they have short seasons and long hiatuses and the ratings suck.  The first season the other women were actually afraid of convict Danielle and went after her with all their might.

I liked Siggy last year, this year I thought she was trying way too hard to make a statement.  Then I started thinking, there is something majorly wrong with production, they try way to hard to make stuff happen.   Not telling Siggy and Delores there was going to be a memorial, at Siggy's club no less, the fake Danielle set up claiming Delores claimed Teresa is all about the money (read her interviews-all she talks about is making money to support her girls and of course pay restitution and fines).  

I do think Siggy should quit, I have gone to watching this show on reruns because it so staged and fake.

There is this weird deal on RHONJ-Margaret has a $9.3 million dollar judgment against her, she is an adulterer, her company is in bankruptcy and we are suppose to bite that she is this business whiz taking lying Melissa (who is now being sued for $30 million because she called her former partner a thief when the partner owned all the merchandise) under her wing to buy eight articles of clothes?  

This show cannot continue with fake set ups like the Kim D. one.  Fake Margaret reacted to the idea that all Kim D. wants to do is destroy Teresa and Melissa.  Actually what Kim D. was doing was having a benefit for children whose fathers were murdered.  The storming of the fashion show was an all time low.  

As to Margaret taking some sort of high road for her apology-just no.  From Entertainment Weekly:

The title of this week’s episode, “Fauxpology,” is clearly meant to reference Siggy’s wishy-washy mea culpa to Margaret. But I think it could also reference Margaret’s apology, which the group widely held to be THE BEST AND BRAVEST APOLOGY IN THE HISTORY OF APOLOGIES but to which I say “meh.” We’ll get to that in a bit.

Oh god, I take it all back, because what Siggy says next actually makes sense: “From the time I was a young girl, the Holocaust was part of who I am. I gave [Margaret] an opportunity to say, ‘Maybe I used that in poor taste,’” she says to Melissa and Danielle. Siggy’s parents are survivors, and even if they weren’t, we can all agree, again, that Margaret should have never brought up Hitler in a dumb fight about a Posche fashion show. So I understand that. And I also understand why Siggy feels like she’s not quite getting what she needs from her friends, which is for one of them to stop worrying so much about Siggy and Margaret meeting halfway and instead stand up and say, “Margaret, that was a stupid thing to say. Apologize to Siggy.” The problem of course is that Siggy’s now The Jersey Girl Who Cried Wolf: She spent so much time carrying on about cake and manners and SexEchef (remember him?) that now that she has an honest grievance about something that hurt her deeply, nobody’s really listening.

It’s dinnertime, and Margaret and Siggy can barely look at each other (presumably because of their feud but possibly because Margaret is wearing a blindingly ugly yellow slip that I wouldn’t want to look at either). Margaret has decided she’s not going to say a word during dinner, and Siggy just wants to get through the meal “without any confrontation,” which…sure. Let’s see how that goes.

When they rejoin the dinner, Siggy is trying to explain to the group why Hitler is such a trigger word for her (that this needs explaining to anyone makes me worry), and Teresa says that she gets it because for the longest time she didn’t want to hear the word “jail.” Remember: Teresa only ever speaks of “going away” or Joe being “away,” as if he is on the world’s longest business trip. So this is a big moment for her. Whether it rises to the level of Hitler…I guess it’s not for me to judge what a word means to another person, so I won’t. And bless her, at least she’s trying to relate. “Teresa saying her trigger word is jail makes total sense to me,” Margaret says in her confessional. “It was so horrific what she had to go through.” Pay attention to this next part: “Siggy saying ‘Hitler’ is her trigger word — even though I can’t understand it [bolding mine] — she says that word hurts her, so I’m never going to use it in her presence again.”

Where do I begin? First, great, never use it in Siggy’s presence again. Good idea. Second, let’s clear something up: Hitler is a name, not a word. It is the name of a person who annihilated 11 million people, including 6 million Jews. Two of the Jews he was trying to annihilate? Siggy’s parents. But you don’t understand why Siggy reacts to that word, Margaret? YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND? I am swiftly moving over from the side of thinking Siggy is a bit bonkers and out of line and starting to understand where she’s coming from. Mostly, I AM REALLY ANGRY THAT A SHOW I WATCH PURELY FOR THE HILARIOUS ACCENTS AND TERRIBLE CLOTHES AND NONSENSE FIGHTING HAS MADE ME USE ALL CAPS AND TALK ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST.

Here’s the problem with Margaret’s “even though I can’t understand it.” She lobbed the mention of Hitler at Siggy as an example of someone very bad, as a parallel to Kim D. “Hitler wouldn’t have killed me, does that make him a good person?” is what she said. That is, she used an example that she knew would resonate to make a point. Now suddenly she doesn’t understand why Siggy is so upset? Nope. Margaret used that example precisely because she understands it.

And so does Siggy. Margaret apologizes to her by saying that she didn’t realize Hitler was a trigger word for Siggy and would have never used it if she’d known. But here’s the thing: “Trigger” word was merely an easy way for Siggy to explain her pain, and Margaret’s apology completely misses the point. Siggy is silent in the face of Margaret’s mea culpa because it isn’t really one. Siggy could never possibly be friends with someone who doesn’t understand that tossing off Hitler as if he were just some random example of a bad dude and not one of the absolute WORST dudes in the history of the world (with particularly personal resonance for the daughter of survivors) is simply not okay. And that right there is why they can never be friends. I finally get it. And if I have to choose a side right now, then I choose Siggy’s.

The rest of the women do not. Danielle Staub thanks Margaret for being brave (OH MY GOD SHUT UP, DANIELLE), and Teresa says the apology “brought friggin’ tears” to her eyes. I really wish Siggy had taken Michael Campanella’s advice and gotten the hell out of there. But the next day she acknowledges to Danielle that she thought Margaret said a nice thing to her, which makes Siggy a bigger person than I am. And which sets Danielle off on a tangent about Margaret’s courage and how it would have been nice for Siggy to also apologize. (Cue the biggest eye roll you’ve ever seen from Dolores. God I love this woman.) 

And finally, we are there: the last supper, and likely where (as we know from previews) Margaret is going to ask Siggy point blank if she really thinks she’s anti-Semitic. First Siggy thanks Margaret for the apology, which is nice, but then we quickly get to it: DoesSiggy truly think Margaret is anti-Semitic? Margaret’s biggest worry is what an accusation like that could do to her, and of course it should be: No one who isn’t an anti-Semite should be branded one (and for the record, I still don’t think Margaret’s anti-Semitic, I’m simply starting to see the lack of empathy Siggy so often talks about). So what gives: casually tossed-out insult or actual belief on Siggy’s part?

Her answer? Hedge. “I want to believe with all my heart and soul that you are not anti-Semitic,” Siggy says. “Where I came up with that was not out of the sky. All these moments of me feeling attacked by Margaret and then the Hitler statement, I said well, maybe you’re just anti-Semitic. That’s where it came from. But if I hurt your feelings, I apologize for that.”

“Don’t apologize for the way I feel,” Margaret fumes in her confessional, “apologize for what you’ve done. That’s Apology 101.” BUT SHE DID THE SAME EXACT THING OH MY GOD. I get it, truly I do. She’s worried about her livelihood. (I thought this Vulture piecethat went live ahead of last week’s episode, wherein Margaret casually drops into conversation that all of her many Jewish friends come over on Christmas, spoke to that. And she again mentions tonight that all of her friends are Jewish, which I believe. She should ask them if “Hitler” is a trigger word for them.) Siggy is telling Margaret that she’d felt bullied by her for a while, and then when Margaret casually mentioned Hitler, something coalesced in her brain, something along the lines of, “Maybe she doesn’t like me because I’m Jewish.” Nevertheless, Siggy finally says it: “I don’t think that you’re anti-Semitic.

Bottom line-Siggy and Margaret gave qualified apologies.  

I don't know about the future of this show other than they will be bringing the new producer of RHOA and Don't Be Tardy in to try and sort this mess. 

The key to a successful RH franchise is the women do not need the money from the show to survive.  This franchise has Teresa, her brother Joe and Melissa, Danielle and now bankrupt Margaret all needing the revenue the show produces for their survival.  BH, NY (with the exception of Sonja)  all seem to have their own revenue stream.  OC is iffy with Tamra and Vicki (who does have a JOB) needing the revenue.  It is pretty easy for production to create scenes when in the case of RHONJ the stormers of the Kim D show are all broke and need the money from the show.  I am quite sure next season we may see broke Margaret finally finishing her home.   I am asking Bravo-aren't there any women in New Jersey that aren't bankrupt and desperate to be on the show?  I would be all for bringing Theresa and Rino back.

• Love 7

I found Siggy unwatchable last year and she somehow became even worse this year. I couldn't be more thrilled to see her leave. There's something seriously wrong with her and I'm beyond grateful that I don't know her personally. 

Among her many crimes, I'm particularly offended that she didn't allow me the opportunity to dislike Margaret. Margaret seems pretty boring, I'm not at all interested in her mother's sex life (please, no) and her crimes against beauty and fashion can't be overestimated. Alas, Siggy made it impossible for me to have the space to ever feel anything for Margaret other than just sorry for her for having to deal with the hell that is Siggy Flicker. She can't be gone quickly enough for me. 

Enjoying Melissa this year and Theresa (her dumb ass has always made the show for me.) 

On 12/21/2017 at 0:51 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I think this is her trying to shock the viewers and be relevant. Do I want or need to hear the details of their sex lives...no. 

I'm finding Danielle to be a particularly sad case this season. First of all, it's 2017, Danielle. If you want to shock people, you really need to bring out something more than blow jobs. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The show is dying because they moved heaven and earth to kowtow to the idiot felon Teresa and her convict husband.  All these franchises will die off if newbies are required to kiss the ring of the OG.  RHONJ use to be the second highest rated show behind Atlanta, now they have short seasons and long hiatuses and the ratings suck.  The first season the other women were actually afraid of convict Danielle and went after her with all their might.

I haven’t watched enough seasons to know about this. And I’m asking out of genuine curiosity: how do we know the show runners bow to the OG when adding new talent [sic]?

Im sincerely curious. Also: if the others feared Danielle in S1, how is it that she’s been gone ever since, until this season?

The machinations of the RH franchises fascinate me...

• Love 2
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Wonder if Siggy will show up for the reunion taping?  If not, they are going to rip into her even more, because she won't be there to defend herself.

The reunion has been filmed.  

Siggy is also claiming that something else happened in Milan, something that was not shown on air.  She’s of course also blaming editing for the way she comes off this season.  She really needs to just stop talking.  And tweeting.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I haven’t watched enough seasons to know about this. And I’m asking out of genuine curiosity: how do we know the show runners bow to the OG when adding new talent [sic]?

Im sincerely curious. Also: if the others feared Danielle in S1, how is it that she’s been gone ever since, until this season?

The machinations of the RH franchises fascinate me...

It doesn't work to bring on an adversary or adversaries on the OG and since  Teresa became the OG it has been nothing but a love fest.  Even bringing Danielle back was all about Danielle sucking up to Teresa.  Of course it is a given since Danielle had no relationship with anyone else.  Going over to the OC the newbies instantly "bonded" with Vicki-best way to camera time.  It makes sense for production as it opens up the possibility for a newbie to have conflict with an adversary of an established cast mate.

As to Danielle, Andy Cohen realizing it is a sinking franchise thought she would add something bringing Danielle and Teresa back together-part of the Teresa redemption tour.  Danielle left after Season 2 because no one would film with her but not before employing bodyguards and introducing ex-cons as her new friends.  Something didn't gel with Danielle or she would have been a full one RH.  My guess is no one really likes her all that much (maybe Margaret) because she is at her core fundamentally dishonest.  She also really screwed up her face.  A brief synopsis of Danielle since leaving the show:  

In October 2009, Staub's ex-husband Kevin Maher sued her for defamation of character after allegations were made about him.[25] However, it was settled out of court.[26] In October 2010, Staub was sued again by Maher for making false allegations in her memoir The Naked Truth, after notifying the publisher Simon & Schuster, a lawsuit would be filed if the book was published.[27][28] In May 2011, she signed a three-year deal with Scores Gentleman's Club to appear as a fully nude stripper and to star in adult online content.[29][30] But days after signing her contract for adult performances, Staub announced that she was seeking psychological and addiction treatment, and reneged on the deal*.

*Not really reneged more like did not go over well, here is her act at Scores http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/16/danielle-staub-stripper-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-nj-naked-nude-photos-pictures-scores/

truly believe the success of the franchise might lie in bringing back certain original cast members and granting Teresa and her family their own spin-off, like "Don't Be Tardy".  If Joe G. wins his appeal (he was denied time reducing addiction classes because of his citizenship status)  http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/joe_giudice_moves_to_new_prison_deportation_hearin.html he could be getting out of prison sooner rather than later.  There just has to be a new approach that does't involve probation, prison and bankruptcy-or strippers. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

In October 2009, Staub's ex-husband Kevin Maher sued her for defamation of character after allegations were made about him.[25] However, it was settled out of court.[26] In October 2010, Staub was sued again by Maher for making false allegations in her memoir The Naked Truth, after notifying the publisher Simon & Schuster, a lawsuit would be filed if the book was published.[27][28] In May 2011, she signed a three-year deal with Scores Gentleman's Club to appear as a fully nude stripper and to star in adult online content.[29][30] But days after signing her contract for adult performances, Staub announced that she was seeking psychological and addiction treatment, and reneged on the deal*.

*Not really reneged more like did not go over well, here is her act at Scores http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/16/danielle-staub-stripper-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-nj-naked-nude-photos-pictures-scores/

I truly believe the success of the franchise might lie in bringing back certain original cast members and granting Teresa and her family their own spin-off, like "Don't Be Tardy".  If Joe G. wins his appeal (he was denied time reducing addiction classes because of his citizenship status)  http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/joe_giudice_moves_to_new_prison_deportation_hearin.html he could be getting out of prison sooner rather than later.  There just has to be a new approach that does't involve probation, prison and bankruptcy-or strippers. 

Woooow...I thought I knew almost all of the “insider” stuff for this show but I had no idea about the Scores deal. All I could think about is that article Christine wrote about the hard times they experienced because of the show, but it sounds like most of their hard times were because of Danielle’s choices. And deep down I think Christine knows that, but she also knows how fragile her mother is, and I noticed that she coddled her even as a young teen the first two seasons they were on. And she knows if she truly placed the blame where it was supposed to go, her mom would completely fall apart. I also agree that she adds nothing to the show. There’s nothing organic about her “friendship” with Melissa or Teresa, and there’s nothing entertaining about her bragging about how much sex her and Marty have. Stop trying to be famous, Danielle.

Edited to Add: agreed that the show either needs to bring a whole new set of HWs or just kill it all together. It sucks that most/all of them basically rely on the show for income, but clearly their finances were in the shitter before the show came along, so really that’s not Bravos problem. I don’t think a Teresa spinoff would do well either, I know I wouldn’t want to watch her bratty daughters disrespect her for a half hour. I know she’s a big reason why they are like that, but it’s not entertaining.

Edited by Angelsmom1009
To add more thoughts
  • Love 2

My unpopular opinion is with the exception of Siggy I do not mind this cast. I do not like everything they say or do, but I am pretty indifferent to Margaret, Teresa, Melissa, and Danielle. Some episodes/moments I like them, some I do not. I did not mind Delores last season, but feel she has lodged herself way up Siggy's ass. So I would be interested in seeing her in a season without Siggy. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

ould be getting out of prison sooner rather than later.  There just has to be a new approach that does't involve probation, prison and bankruptcy-or strippers. 

@zoeysmom, I am agog - at your history of Danielle, and at how the shows cater to the OG.  I guess the latter makes sense because production have a continuing thread of s storyline, and viewers need(want) an arc they can follow. Thank you for the background!

Re: Danielle — I’ve read she was abused badly as a little girl & apparently the trauma runs deep. In another life she might’ve gone to work at a 9-5 job and thus provided for herself & her kids but there are those who are job people and those who aren’t.

I’ve begin to realize I watch the RH mostly because I feel a little better about myself at the end of an episode.  Others no doubt share this. I also watch to get inside glimpses of places I’ll never go — NJ, for one! — and the clothes and parties. 

But I’m off NYC because of Ramona and Bethenny and off of OC because of ... everybody. I’ve never given BH or ATL a look and now we’ll see what Bravo does with NJ, the post-Siggy era. (Please, may her name never be uttered again!)

• Love 3
On 12/22/2017 at 10:26 AM, MaggieG said:

Siggy is actually saying on Twitter that Margaret did not apologize? What?! Did she not watch last night? We all saw Margaret give a heartfelt apology. Siggy truly is insanse.

I cracked up at Margaret at the shoe place when she was helping the guy make the shoes. "Massimo, call me." 

Danielle. Please stop talking about sex. I'm no prude and I don't mind when the women talk about, but she is way to OTT with it. Every conversation needs to go back to how much sex her and Marty are having.  I'm embarrased for her daughters. 

I'm also really liking Melissa this season.

Maybe that's why she's been engaged 20 (over 20 now?) times, but not married... eventually the guy figures out there there's no "there" there beyond the sex. I don't think Danielle's dumb and I don't expect her to be talking about a biography she read on Churchill or anything...but she's pretty one-note.

• Love 5

Melissa, Teresa, & Danielle give Shiddy Fucker the same look when she starts with the I am the one who introduced Margaret to this group of women.

The look says (we all know the truth) stop bullshitting.

Production chose Shiddy Fucker to be the link to show some continuity to the franchise.

Margaret was asked to join RHONJ years earlier. At the time they asked her to join, Margaret said no - it was bad timing.

The year Margaret refused was the same year the twins and Amber joined. If she had signed on, Melissa would have probably been the "link".

Margaret and Siggy were never friends, they have bumped into each other at social events and probably have mutual friends.

I just read that there is a trail that leads to Shiddy Fucker in terms of Social Media harassment of Margaret. This is yet another thing that Shiddy & Jacqueline share.

• Love 9
On 12/22/2017 at 10:16 PM, Otherkate said:

I found Siggy unwatchable last year and she somehow became even worse this year. I couldn't be more thrilled to see her leave. There's something seriously wrong with her and I'm beyond grateful that I don't know her personally. 

Among her many crimes, I'm particularly offended that she didn't allow me the opportunity to dislike Margaret. Margaret seems pretty boring, I'm not at all interested in her mother's sex life (please, no) and her crimes against beauty and fashion can't be overestimated. Alas, Siggy made it impossible for me to have the space to ever feel anything for Margaret other than just sorry for her for having to deal with the hell that is Siggy Flicker. She can't be gone quickly enough for me. 

Enjoying Melissa this year and Theresa (her dumb ass has always made the show for me.) 

I'm finding Danielle to be a particularly sad case this season. First of all, it's 2017, Danielle. If you want to shock people, you really need to bring out something more than blow jobs. 

It would be more shocking if Danielle admitted she was abstaining from sex until she remarries.  That would shock viewers and the other women.

• Love 4