Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Fauxpology

• Start Topic

Still in Milan, Margaret tries to mend her friendship with Siggy; Margaret and Danielle go to a shoe factory to develop Margaret's shoe line;  Dolores and Melissa have a heart to heart; in New Jersey, Joe checks in with the Giudici kids.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Whoever said last week that Siggy is jealous of Margaret's popularity with the group was spot on. She outed herself with that wedding analogy ("you ditched me during cocktail hour"). Also, for someone who introduced Margaret to the group, allegedly, Siggy seems to know little about Margaret's background and life experience.

It's rare that Teresa seems to be sensitive to others (outside of her daughters and father), but it was sweet that she wanted to include Siggy in remembering her mom. I also liked her trying to get Siggy to see that "Soggy Flicker" isn't on the same level as accusing someone of adultery. 

I would cut Siggy right out of my life! Her attitude isn't worth trying to smooth out after all the apologies and stroking by Margaret! I'd tell her to go FK herself! The woman is VILE; esp. since she's supposed to be a relationship expert! I so hope this drama affects her business! I wouldn't want to go to her; can't get her own $#!t together! How can she help anyone else? "Screw you SOGGY! You're a b!tch, self-absorbed, and a piece of $#!t! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 13

Siggy/Soggy is crazy. She is a delusional nutcase. I can’t stand her or her ass kissing friend Dolores. They are perfect for each other & I hope they both are gone next season (cut the cancer out as Michael Campanella would say)! I would be livid if I was Margaret!

On a totally shallow note, has anyone else noticed there is something odd about Margaret’s mouth? 

• Love 3

I also agree that Soggy is jealous of Margaret. For some reason or another that she has yet to disclose. Maybe she thought the ladies would haze Margaret more and since they didn’t, she’s having issues. Or she is envious of her successful businesses, or thought the ladies would ridicule Margeret for her off-brand humor but instead the ladies love it. I truly sense Margeret’s confusion so I don’t think this is related to an issue off-camera between them. Siggy has been out for Margerets blood since day 1.

Also a theory of mine: Siggy is being or has been cheated on by Micheal Campanella. He had an affair in the past. Siggy equates Margaret with being a homewrecking adulterous whore for her very happy relationship with her man. If you look at episode 2, that was when they started having issues, and also when M disclosed the intimate details of her 2nd marriage. Since Siggy is not mature enough to separate her feelings, she turns all her vitriol of her floundering relationship to Margeret, who is a hapless victim. Margeret is just Siggy’s substitute punching bag for the real “mistress” her hubby is sleeping or has slept with. This is why she is so sensitive about every little utterance from Margeret’s mouth. 

Worst relationship expert ever. She is blaming menopause but this is beyond menopause, this is plain crazy. 

• Love 14

Hands up who knew, no way was Margaret getting her shoes from Milan! I mean she sells junk, like Claires , her shoes will be made in China. I thought she was wearing her nightie part of the day.

I've tried with Siggy, because she's so nice with everyone else, but I too throw up my hands. Oy vey!

Danielle talks a lot about sex, rainbow blow jobs, phone sex, I bet poor Marty isn't getting any..lol! 

Joe talking with the girls, they weren't listening. That little one is adorable though...

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

I also agree that Soggy is jealous of Margaret. For some reason or another that she has yet to disclose. Maybe she thought the ladies would haze Margaret more and since they didn’t, she’s having issues. Or she is envious of her successful businesses, or thought the ladies would ridicule Margeret for her off-brand humor but instead the ladies love it. I truly sense Margeret’s confusion so I don’t think this is related to an issue off-camera between them. Siggy has been out for Margerets blood since day 1.

Also a theory of mine: Siggy is being or has been cheated on by Micheal Campanella. He had an affair in the past. Siggy equates Margaret with being a homewrecking adulterous whore for her very happy relationship with her man. If you look at episode 2, that was when they started having issues, and also when M disclosed the intimate details of her 2nd marriage. Since Siggy is not mature enough to separate her feelings, she turns all her vitriol of her floundering relationship to Margeret, who is a hapless victim. Margeret is just Siggy’s substitute punching bag for the real “mistress” her hubby is sleeping or has slept with. This is why she is so sensitive about every little utterance from Margeret’s mouth. 

Worst relationship expert ever. She is blaming menopause but this is beyond menopause, this is plain crazy. 

Interesting theory! I could see it. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If I say I love this pasta she’ll say oh my god I chocked on pasta once she’s trying to kill me.... that made me burst out laughing 

That was so great, and sounded just like a post a PTVer made last week!

• Love 5

Did Siggy get her Relationship Expert "experience" from the back of a matchbook cover?   "You too, can be a relationship expert...just send $19.99...." because I'm not seeing how she can call herself one and continue to behave like she does.  Margaret's apology seemed genuine and sincere and for her to just sit there and sip her wine, saying nothing because she was "processing" it is a load of crap.  She was trying to figure out how she could make Margaret sweat (not that I think Margaret really cares) and continue to make the Milan trip  all about poor Siggy.  I really felt bad for Margaret.  Siggy's interpersonal skills suck.  She could use  some help from  a REAL relationship expert.

I wish everyone of those women (expect for Lap Dog Delores) had gotten up and left the table after the apology, and refused to have anything more to do with Siggy.  And then Siggy still gave Margaret a half-assed "apology" for calling her anti-Semetic. 

Delores is almost as bad, saying that Siggy would not take counsel from Danielle.  Well, Delores, Danielle, Melissa and Teresa were the only ones that made any sense.   The Relationship Expert clearly needs guidance and Delores isn't giving it to her.  And good for Teresa for pointing out that being called Soggy is not on the same level as being called an adulterer.

19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Having a hard time remembering why I ever disliked Melissa so much. She has been very kind and thoughtful all season. Who knew???

I'm with you on this. I'm shocked every episode that I like Melissa more and more.  

• Love 13

Margaret has more intelligence than the others combined. She is 100% right that being labeled as anti-Semitic, particularly in the clothing industry is a business killer. Those words cannot be thrown around lightly. Siggy was 100% wrong to say them. Also, didn't her parents teach her that when someone offers a heartfelt apology, you accept it, even if  you feel hurt? Period. As much as I like Margaret, oy, the clothes she wears, I just can't. At one dinner she was literally wearing a slip and a cardigan, and at the other, it was a pink nightmare with her boobs hanging out and she has a feather duster around her shoulders. And she has a clothing line. Ugh. 

I thought that this was Margaret's trip, yet it seemed like Tre kind of took over the trip, arranging the meals and such. Typically when a howife takes over another howife's trip, all hell breaks loose. Another testament to Margaret's level headedness. 

Danielle is bat shit crazy, but she was 100% right about Siggy and Margaret. 

I heard an interview with Siggy at the beginning of the season where she was complaining that she got a horrible edit. I figured it was about the cake throwing. Until I watched this ep, where she acted like an ass. She adds nothing to the show. And neither does Delores. They are holdovers from when TPTB were trying to resurrect the show after the whole Tre/Caroline/Jaq/Dina meltdown happened. Time for Siggy to go. 

Oh Milan! Mr Poetic and I took our adult children to Italy this past summer, but we didn't have time to stop in Milan. Wah, I want to go there!!  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, MrsBestes said:

On a totally shallow note, has anyone else noticed there is something odd about Margaret’s mouth?

I noticed right away, that is one jacked up mouth. Why was she wearing a pink bathroom rug at dinner?

Siggy is killing a dying show.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I thought that this was Margaret's trip, yet it seemed like Tre kind of took over the trip, arranging the meals and such. Typically when a howife takes over another howife's trip, all hell breaks loose. Another testament to Margaret's level headedness. 

I actually kind of saw it as Melissa's trip. Margaret WAS the one originally going, for work, and she invited Melissa. But then I think it was supposed to be Mel, who kind of turned into a group trip. And she was the one who organized the canal trip on the first day. After that, they seemed to split up into smaller groups and do different things. In the end, it's pointless to discuss, though, because we know production set the entire thing up from beginning to end. They probably realized how tense things were getting and decided to organize smaller group activities. I kind of liked it, though. You get to know each other better in more intimate settings, plus it gave US more opportunities to experience Italian culture. 

11 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Siggy the first Howife to bring the board together? 

She might be! I have fleetingly wondered if there is another Howife that just no one likes. Maybe Peggy, the new Armenian one on OC? 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I actually kind of saw it as Melissa's trip. Margaret WAS the one originally going, for work, and she invited Melissa. But then I think it was supposed to be Mel, who kind of turned into a group trip. And she was the one who organized the canal trip on the first day. After that, they seemed to split up into smaller groups and do different things. In the end, it's pointless to discuss, though, because we know production set the entire thing up from beginning to end. They probably realized how tense things were getting and decided to organize smaller group activities. I kind of liked it, though. You get to know each other better in more intimate settings, plus it gave US more opportunities to experience Italian culture. 

She might be! I have fleetingly wondered if there is another Howife that just no one likes. Maybe Peggy, the new Armenian one on OC? 

I didn't hate Peggy.  I don't think she was a good fit.

I love Melissa's and Margarets friendship. 

Delores is just a mean woman. She is always ready to get mad about something. I'm glad she didn't but in when Danielle was talking to Siggy. Although,  rolling her eyes about Danielle was ridiculous.  Even her (Delores ) boyfriend is happy not to see her lol.

• Love 9

Menopause affects every woman differently, and I do sympathize with Siggy. However she really needs to see a psychiatrist ~ her emotional lability is negatively affecting her relationships and her life. It is not entertaining to witness her slow motion breakdown. 

I give Margaret credit for being the better person and apologizing. When Siggy refused to acknowledge the apology and sat stone faced, chugging wine, I would have called her out on it. Earth to Soggy!!?! 

Danielle is pathetic. Her self esteem must be non existent if she feels her only worth to a man is cooking and blow jobs. And she believes sharing those details will make the other women like her. Way to set a good example for her daughters.....Not. 

• Love 5

I do not get why Siggy thinks Margaret wronged her in some horrific way. Margaret made the Soggy Flicker comment, but I think she apologized for that and she made the Hitler analogy, but that seemed to be trying to make a point and not intentionally being malicious. Margaret also apologized for that. Is all this because Margaret did not take Siggy's side in with the cake incident or every other issue that Siggy has like Delores does? I really do not think Margaret was ever anti-Siggy, though I would not blame her if she was now. I think Siggy is far more anti-Margaret, because it does not matter what Margaret does Siggy will twist it into Margaret wishing her ill will.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Danielle is pathetic. Her self esteem must be non existent if she feels her only worth to a man is cooking and blow jobs. And she believes sharing those details will make the other women like her. Way to set a good example for her daughters.....Not. 

I think this is her trying to shock the viewers and be relevant. Do I want or need to hear the details of their sex lives...no. 

I loved watching them cooking and shopping (eggs go in bags? Lol) for their homemade pasta dinner. Funny that Tre got her aggression (built up sexual tension) on the meat she was making for tartare. Looks like they didn't eat the wood infused meat. 

• Love 8

So, I started out on Siggy's side with the cake. I thought the group's behavior in the restaurant in the first ep was deplorable, and I thought it was so unappreciative, disrespectful, and rude of Tre and Melissa not to acknowledge the lovely cake and apologize for treating it like garbage. 

However, the Soggy Flicker comment wasn't all Siggy made it out to be. I surmised she took her anger out on Margaret when she actually would rather have gone off on Tre and Melissa. Misplaced anger and all that. But the vendetta against Margaret has ballooned into something insane. A missed memorial and two comments you took millennial-snowflake-level offense to? Hardly worth weeks of arguments and resentment, let alone that defamatory comment she sent Margaret's way, which I will not repeat. I feel sick that Margaret even has that slur associated with her. You cannot throw words like that around.

What I found most odd was the fact that Tre and Mel were being such wishy-washy friends to Siggy and Dolores. I thought it was a bit disloyal that they so readily sided with Margaret, but now I get it. 

It was kind of Margaret to extend the olive branch and make the detente official with her apology to Siggy in the restaurant. I honestly thought Siggy's non-response was an editing choice. I thought it was nigh impossible that you could react that way to an apology, especially when the person offering it had been called something so awful in disproportionate retaliation. Margaret is a class act. She's a business woman, a thinker, and a tough cookie. I found it remarkable that she kept her composure following Siggy's silence.

Siggy's forced apology was not a good look. It was petty, mean, and damn near made under duress. She might has well have slapped Margaret instead. What Margaret is doing is genius - she's staying quiet and giving Siggy ample opportunities to hang herself. And Siggy isn't missing one of them. When someone is so clearly off the reservation, they destroy their own credibility - and you will never have to defend yourself against any of their baseless accusations. 

Now, on the contrary, I do side with Delores where Danielle is concerned. If were Dolores, I'd have severed ties with Tre after she decided to take Danielle's word over that of her friend of 20 years. That is a poor choice and totally disrespectful to Dolores. Danielle is a crazy con woman and asshole. And Tre doesn't owe any apology to Danielle's bratty children. Their mother behaved like an unhinged madwoman who went after the families, livelihoods, and very well-being of the original cast members for years. The only kids Tre owes anything to are her own. Danielle should apologize to Tre's kids and Melissa's kids for all the evil shit she stirred up in those families and the gleeful way she went after Tre and Juicy during their legal troubles. What revisionist history BS do they think they're perpetrating here? I'm a day-one viewer and I am not buying any of this namaste malarkey. 

Danielle's need to counsel Siggy about Margaret is ridiculous and misplaced. She inserted herself into drama where she had no business in order to get herself camera time.  I don't even think Siggy owed her that apology. Danielle's high and mighty ass can have a seat because I'm totally Team Dolores in thinking Danielle is playing a long con and will come with knives for all of them in the end. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 8

Cringeworthy moment when Joe asked Milania if she would get him an old rag to fix the drain, and she said no, but you can get it yourself.  So disrespectful to her uncle.  I'm glad Joe sat the girls down to have a little talk with them.  I know a lot of us can probably say in the old days if we ever talked to our relatives like that, our teeth would be flying into a pile of rags! 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Milan

1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Is all this because Margaret did not take Siggy's side in with the cake incident or every other issue that Siggy has like Delores

This is my guess as well.  By shrugging off the cake play and forging ahead with her own storylines, Marge committed a The Unpardonable Sin In Siggyism: she didn’t  follow  The Expert’s every glance, and even worse, she took the initiative to introduce her own , far more interesting storyline. Far more interesting than Siggy’s.

Siggy: begone. And stay gone.

POSITIVES: I enjoyed every non-Sig scene in this episode! The shoe makers, the food shop and why the cheese is called “horse”, the chef’s tutoring them, biking (except for Sig overtaking the picnic  chatter), the canal tours, the shots of the squares and the streets! THIS is what a Ho’show could be, not 99% ridiculous, low rent fights and conflicts! 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 14

Danielle's need to counsel Siggy about Margaret is ridiculous and misplaced. She inserted herself into drama where she had no business in order to get herself camera time.  I don't even think Siggy owed her that apology. Danielle's high and mighty ass can have a seat because I'm totally Team Dolores in thinking Danielle is playing a long con and will come with knives for all of them in the end. 

Same here! I cannot stomach this fake Danielle.

9 minutes ago, luvgoldens said:

Cringeworthy moment when Joe asked Milania if she would get him an old rag to fix the drain, and she said no, but you can get it yourself.  So disrespectful to her uncle.  I'm glad Joe sat the girls down to have a little talk with them.  I know a lot of us can probably say in the old days if we ever talked to our relatives like that, our teeth would be flying into a pile of rags! 

So rude! She's so much like Gia at that age...

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

apology.  I dunno what the fuck it means to process someone's apology but if I had been at that table, I damn sure would've spoken up and said that I thought it was bullshit she didn't respond....right there....at.the.table.

Dam straight, @CaughtOnTape.  The only reasonable response to M’s elegant and sincere apology was acceptance, and that would’ve been the end of this storyline for Sig, and she couldn’t have that, now, could she?

Infidelity is wrong but if Michael Campanella has chosen it, a person could get an idea of why. That woman has to be hellish to live with.

• Love 9

Siggy is so upset about being called Soggy, yet she sold t shirts with Soggy on them at her retreat or whatever it was (money grab).  Best line on twitter tonight:  Siggy is my trigger word.  She's going off on twitter, saying that Margaret never apologized to her.  WTF.  Sure as hell looked like a sincere apology to me.  

Siggy is a perpetual victim.  Her poor parents.  I just imagine her like the character in Beaches, who was just too much all the damned time.

Margaret's correct.  Whatever she says Siggy will twist it as if she's insulting her.  Or maybe it's another trigger.  

Siggy, you didn't stay in Milan because of all the people you love.  You clearly love yourself the most anyhow.  You stayed because either production told you that you had to stay or you figured it out that it would be HW career suicide.  Speaking of which, who would ever go to her for relationship advice now?  Saw another tweet that said going to her for relationship advice would be like asking Bernie Madoff for financial advice.  Hope the show was worth it, because that relationship/counselor career is swirling past the tidy bowl man about right now.

Yeah Sig, hearing the name "Hitler" in an analogy is so much worse than being called an "adultery".  The lack of empathy is astounding, especially for a professional relationship guru (or former money grab artiste).  It was kind of like yeah, that's bad, but let's get back to me (sob).  And the picnic, we're having a good time, then it's time for more sobbing.    Again, I felt like it was like the Beaches character, oh you liked the play, but how about me?  What about me? Me, me, me, me.

Wonder if Siggy ever saw the musical (or even the play/movie) the Producers?  I'm sure she would've sued them over the whole Springtime for Hitler sequence.  Plus, how did she get through U.S. History classes as they surely had to mention that name, plus any of the classic movies (mention of WWII has to trigger her??), plus any history channel shows, etc.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

hearing the name "Hitler" in an analogy is so much worse than

She even went further to say that no one should ever say his name, he isn't Voldermort! Many Holocaust survivors want people to say his name and speak of the Holocaust so the world doesn't forget. I think that Margaret's analogy was extreme but Siggy's reaction is so over the top ridiculous.

• Love 17

I generally find Melissa annoying, but I did appreciate how excited and grateful she seemed to be in Milan. 

Every now and then, Danielle calmly says something that makes a lot of sense and it shatters my whole conception of the universe. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She even went further to say that no one should ever say his name, he isn't Voldermort! Many Holocaust survivors want people to say his name and speak of the Holocaust so the world doesn't forget. I think that Margaret's analogy was extreme but Siggy's reaction is so over the top ridiculous.

I hope she (or Michael) doesn't ever watch the History or Military channel. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, imjagain said:

I can't believe Siggy's twitter account,  she really is delusional.  She really believes Margaret hates her because she's jewish. 

Do you think there is something we haven't seen, because this isn't normal adult behavior.( siggy that is ) I just keep thinking, is this  the script, or perhaps there is something else... ( shrug) 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Do you think there is something we haven't seen, because this isn't normal adult behavior.( siggy that is ) I just keep thinking, is this  the script, or perhaps there is something else... ( shrug) 

Siggy has freakin lost her marbles. There is no way Margaret would have made it this far and just NOW all the sudden she’s an anti Semite but NOONE knew. That’s some ninja secret right there and ONLY siggy saw it? Lol no one else in her life noticed working living and hanging out with her day to day hour after hour this at all. She married a Jewish man to keep this cover raised their child in the faith? This is a hardcore claim that she has zero proof of other then Margaret making that analogy. This is 100 a smear campaign. Why who knows 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14

Siggy is the worst I find it hard to look at her face or watch her scenes. Dolores is even worse when she’s with Siggy.

Honestly I ff some of this episode cause  Siggy makes me mad she is like tied with Vicki for my least liked housewife. I hope she gets destroyed af the reunion.

I lived in Italy for 7 months a few years back and traveled north to south and Milan was prob my least fave. There’s nothing wrong with it it’s just there’s so much better out there.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Siggy has freakin lost her marbles. There is no way Margaret would have made it this far and just NOW all the sudden she’s an anti Semite but NOONE knew. That’s some ninja secret right there and ONLY siggy saw it? Lol no one else in her life noticed working living and hanging out with her day to day hour after hour this at all. She married a Jewish man to keep this cover raised their child in the faith? This is a hardcore claim that she has zero proof of other then Margaret making that analogy. This is 100 a smear campaign. Why who knows 

I guess I was just posting out loud..yes, she's lost the plot!