Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

The Walking Dead in the Media

On 4/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, FortKnox said:

Well, seems like I got while the getting was best.  (although I'll admit that I will most likely check out the future RG-centric stuff if it ever comes to pass, but I believe I'm mostly done with the TWD-verse now [aside from seasons 1-5 of the main show]

"Ratings are falling off, but lets make more and have the 'verse span year-round on the network!!"  lulz

To all the people involved that took a great horror/drama franchise and ruined it,
tenor.gif?itemid=4870509

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Like 2

Comic-Con 2019: Your Guide to the TV-Related Panels and Screenings
By Rebecca Iannucci / June 24 2019, 
https://tvline.com/2019/06/24/comic-con-2019-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/3/

FRIDAY, JULY 19
1 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | Series stars Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, Ryan Hurst, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Avi Nash, Nadia Hilker, Eleanor Matsuura and Cailey Fleming, along with TWD CCO Scott M. Gimple, executive producers Angela Kang, Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd and Greg Nicotero. Chris Hardwick moderates. (Hall H)

https://www.thewrap.com/walking-dead-casts-3-lead-roles-for-latest-and-still-upcoming-spinoff/amp/

If the fact that 'The Gimp' has an input into the new show isn't depressing enough, this extract from the link lowers my spirits even more.

"The third series, which will shoot in Virginia, will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it"

It sounds as though we wont be seeing what most of us want, and that's the outbreak of the ZA, we've already got one show in 'Little house on the prairie land' with 'Fear' not far behind once the petrol / diesel runs out.

We don't need another show set in the aftermath of a ZA, with contrived plotlines trying desperately to keep us excited / interested. 

• Like 2

Just saw a preview for one of the upcoming shows for the Fall season on Fox.  It's called "Prodigal Son" and there was no mistaking the actor onscreen with the pretty eyes... it was Tom (Jesus) Payne.  Not sure if he's the lead or co-lead, but it also stars fellow British actor Michael Sheen.   I got a vibe that it has a supernatural/scifi theme from the clips they showed.  

I loved Tom Payne on TWD - he was seriously underused and I'm definitely going to give this new thing a look.

• Like 1

It's the Disney channel version of TWD...

New ‘Walking Dead’ Series Casts Three Lead Roles (EXCLUSIVE)
By JOE OTTERSON   July 10, 2019
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/third-walking-dead-series-cast-1203262504/ 

The recently announced third “Walking Dead” series has cast three major roles, Variety has learned exclusively.

Alexa Mansour, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston will all star in the new series, which is said to follow two female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the zombie apocalypse. A second lead female role has yet to be cast.

AMC would not comment on specifics for any of the characters, but sources describe Mansour’s character as a good-natured rule breaker who lives for today. She is likable and funny on the outside but sad on the inside. Mansour recently wrapped shooting a guest starring role on the CBS drama “Madam Secretary” and previously starred in the horror film sequel “Unfiltered: Dark Web” for Blumhouse Productions. Her other TV credits include “SEAL Team,” “The Resident,” “Bull,” “How To Get Away With Murder,” and “Law & Order: SVU.”
Cantu’s character is said to be small for his age in addition to being friendly and an old soul. He also has a black belt in karate. Cantu has previously lent his voice to the animated shows “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “Sofia the First,” “Future-Worm!” and “Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.” He has also appeared in the live-action shows “The Good Place,” “Sydney to the Max,” and “Bizaardvark.”
Cumpston’s character is said to be big for his age. He is a shy loner that scares some kids, but he hates the fact that he scares people. Cumpston previously starred in, wrote, and produced the Australian coming of age comedy “Bilched.”

the-walking-dead-casting.jpg?w=1000&h=56

(Pictured: Alexa Mansour, left; Nicolas Cantu, center; Hal Cumpston, right)

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

He also has a black belt in karate.

Of course, he does. I wonder who bestowed that on him. 🤨

Oh, boy, a bunch of millennial stereotypes. The shy, fat kid, the small but mighty kid, and the feisty girl sidekick. Can't wait!!

ETA: Wait a minute:

Cumpston’s character is said to be big for his age. He is a shy loner that scares some kids, but he hates the fact that he scares people

In a world filled with rotting, blood-thirsty monsters, he scares kids because he's "big for his age"? I may just have to watch this. 

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

The first generation to come of age in the ZA were Carl and Enid, so eff this show.  I would definitely rather watch Riverdale if I want to watch weird teens in peril.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

10 minutes ago, peach said:

The first generation to come of age in the ZA were Carl and Enid, so eff this show.  I would definitely rather watch Riverdale if I want to watch weird teens in peril.

Hell, I’d watch Riverdale just for Mädchen Amick.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, peach said:

The first generation to come of age in the ZA were Carl and Enid, so eff this show

I guess they think we've forgotten Carl by now since they gave us NewCarl and all, even though he also came of age post-ZA. This money-grab is so painfully obvious it's embarrassing, well, to anyone capable of feeling shame.

I'd rather rewatch "Aftermath" than this shit. At least that was good for many laughs, which I"m pretty sure "Beverly Hills 90210 - ZA Version" will not be.

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Hell, I’d watch Riverdale just for Mädchen Amick.

I remember her from a neat little horror movie called "Sleepwalkers." Seems I'm one of the very few who liked it. Guess my taste is a little too lowbrow.

I'm still stuck on this big for his age kid who scares people. How big is he? Are we talking Giant Michelin Man level of bigness?

mich.jpg

• Laugh 5

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, tv echo said:

(Pictured: Alexa Mansour, left; Nicolas Cantu, center; Hal Cumpston, right)

just looking at their pictures fills me with dread, I have an idea as to what sort of show they will be involved in, I'm feeling and sounding like one of the old grouches, the grouches I used to hate when I used to love TWD,"if you don't like it then just turn off FFS", I used to say. I'm  sure my comments recently, 'Fear' included  were worthy of a similar response. Damn these shows for getting me hooked and then just going to shit.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Shows seem always to go to shit when they overstay their welcome to try and milk the last penny from it.

The money-grubbers should take a hint from Carol Burnett who ended her show, saying, "I think it's classier to leave before you're asked to leave, "

Amen.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The money-grubbers should take a hint from Carol Burnett who ended her show, saying, "I think it's classier to leave before you're asked to leave, "

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character over, was just about the right time to put myself 'someplace far' and just relax back in my rocking chair and enjoy the glory days all over again! 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character ove

If only he had said, "A place far, far away" I would have been okay with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character over, was just about the right time to put myself 'someplace far' and just relax back in my rocking chair and enjoy the glory days all over again! 

I finally deleted it from my DVR.  I'm now digitally someplace far.  Lol

• Laugh 3

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

If only he had said, "A place far, far away" I would have been okay with that.

If only he had said this I would have been  positively drooling, just think of the possibilities, Maggie wielding a light sabre is the stuff of dreams! 

Capture.PNG

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 3

LOL...

Who Is Big Little Lies Boyfriend, Really? Does S.H.I.E.L.D. Have a TARDIS? Did Blood & Treasure Bug Ya? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci and Charlie Mason / July 12 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/12/big-little-lies-season-2-jane-boyfriend-corey-tv-questions-answers/

13 | On a scale of 1-1, how excited are you about AMC’s third Walking Dead series?

Edited by tv echo
  • Laugh 2

Eh...

The Walking Dead Spin-Off Teaser Previews 'Places We Haven't Seen'
By Amanda Bell | Jul 30, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-walking-dead-spin-off-teaser-trailer/ 

AMC has revealed the first teaser for The Walking Dead's newest spin-off series, and it looks like the kids will not be all right in this new series. The teaser, below, features the new show's young stars — Alexa Mansour, Aliyah Royale, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston — along with The Americans' Annet Mahendru describing what the mysterious new series will be about. Together, the cast teases:

"What if you grew up in a world of safety and you decided to leave? To discover the truth of who you are and what the world really is. You know, growing up. There have been things going on in The Walking Dead universe since the very start of the story, all happening over all these years — in other places we haven't seen, with people we haven't seen, with the dead we haven't seen. But we'll see it all this spring."
Perhaps the most interesting shot is of four characters, who are facing away but clearly wielding some gnarly weaponry (including a massive wrench!). They're giving off some Guardians of the Galaxy-style squad vibes here, no? Of course, that doesn't mean all four of these characters will be good — co-creator Scott Gimple previously teased that as the show's new characters wander away from their cozy homestead, some of them might become villains.
twd.png

The Walking Dead's new spin-off series will arrive on AMC in the spring of 2020.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Good news for OooMaggie: Looks like Maggie may return.

Obviously that should only be a big WOOOO HOOOO, the article did say this "Maggie’s send-off from The Walking Dead was far quieter than Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln), which happened in the same episode. While Rick blew himself up on a bridge, Maggie and her baby, Hershel, just quietly disappeared" No shit! that must have passed me by.

It's this comment that has me worried "Cohan’s return doesn’t necessarily need to be on the flagship series; there are plenty of spots for a beloved character in this ever-expanding universe. For instance, she could join the upcoming Rick Grimes film trilogy or star in a movie romp of her own" 

I honestly think the first movie is going to die such a slow painful death, that anything connected to it will go down with the ship, I really don't want Lauren to be clinging to the mast when it sinks beneath the waves. Just concentrate on Mile 22 / 2 girl, move on while you can!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

😱 ...

AMC Networks CEO Says 'Walking Dead' Franchise Has "Decades of Life Left"
9/19/2019 by Etan Vlessing
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-networks-ceo-walking-dead-franchise-has-decades-life-left-1240976 

AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan on Thursday said The Walking Dead franchise is hardly dead, despite lower ratings in recent seasons.

"We have an awful lot of life left in The Walking Dead — I mean decades and decades of life left," Sapan told the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference in New York City during a session that was webcast.

The AMC Networks boss, inevitably asked by investors about the popular zombie drama's projected life cycle, said TV franchises, if managed properly, can run over generations. AMC Networks has tripled-down on The Walking Dead franchise with a third series and has partnered with Universal Pictures on a feature.

"That's an indication of a vital heartbeat in the franchise," Sapan added. He also discussed how the company behind AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv has adopted a genre streaming strategy on the distribution front to battle Netflix and Amazon Prime in an age of skinny bundles, streaming content and virtual distributors.

Sapan pointed to AMC owning and controlling its own content, distributing that content on multiple platforms while also selling it to third parties and now increasingly putting it on AMC-owned streaming video on-demand services. "We're very well positioned to leverage content expertise into new distribution opportunities," Sapan argued of his four niche streamers: Shudder, Sundance Now, Acorn TV and Urban Movie Channel.
(Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1