Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

Rick Grimes Is Essential To The Survival Of The Walking Dead – Here’s Why
TAYLOR SALAN   NOV 10, 2018
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/426369-rick-grimes-is-essential-to-the-survival-of-the-walking-dead

If we’re being honest, The Walking Dead probably caught up with most of the rich lore from the comics much faster than expected. Now, the show is currently treading into new territory with season nine. The Walking Dead has always been centered on Rick, and subsequently the morality of the character. There’s something to be said for how Rick anchors the show in a way that is unquantifiable. On a larger level, Rick’s inner conflict is what drives the show. Without this, it’s going to be hard for The Walking Dead to find its legs once he’s gone. There’s something to be said for how a character can come to define a series. In The Walking Dead’s case, that’s certainly true. At the same time, the lack of Rick’s presence moving forward may very well sabotage the series altogether.

Objectively speaking, the idea of The Walking Dead without Rick Grimes is… moot, at best. Throughout the show’s numerous seasons, Rick has remained the ongoing anchor. In more way than one, Rick is the moral core of the show. He may make unquestionable choices at times, but there’s no doubt that Rick drives every moral and ethical question that drives the show. Maybe it’s hyperbole to say, but there’s something about The Walking Dead without Rick Grimes that feels so catastrophic. ....
There’s one clear successor who may have the ability to fill the void left by Lincoln – Norman Reedus. His portrayal of Daryl Dixon is arguably more popular than Rick himself. As the only main cast member who wasn’t derived from the comics, Daryl honestly works best as a supporting character. Part of what makes Daryl so interesting is the fact that there is an aura of mystery that surrounds him.

If Daryl is turned into the main character of the show, there’s a good chance that his most intriguing qualities will get lost in the shuffle. Daryl is certainly a  nuanced character, but Rick is more essential to the show than many people realize. The true extent of Rick’s absence won’t be fully known until this season concludes. With that said, there’s simply no replacing Lincoln’s presence as Rick on the show without changing the very fabric of what The Walking Dead is. Based on the epilogue of Rick’s final episode, it seems that this may be the intent. No matter which character is made the lead of the series, there’s really no way to replace Rick Grimes.
Back in 2014, the show’s producers said that they already had plans for The Walking Dead all the way up to the twelfth season. Now, it seems that the may be much more than was originally thought. While there certainly are a few major storylines from the comics that have yet to be adapted, they all ultimately centered on Rick. The writers could simply force Daryl into Rick’s role from the comics, but it’s not necessarily the best move. Their characters are cut from entirely different cloth, and they simply are not interchangeable. We’ll have to wait and see how things ultimately shake out. However, there’s a good chance that The Walking Dead may very well continue to freefall without the face of the franchise. Regardless of the outcome, there’s no doubt that the show is treading into untested waters.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Happened to stumble across a flick on cable starring JDM - a masterful epic called The Losers.

Oh Lord.

Trust me and save an hour and 37 minutes of your life you won’t ever get back otherwise - the name of this piece of shit is so accidentally redundant as to constitute more layers than an ogre eating an onion.

This concludes this public service announcement.

• Love 4

Final ratings for Sunday's first post-Rick episode were 2.0 demo and 5.40M viewers...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-sunday_13.html

Every S9 episode's ratings so far:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/walking-dead-season-nine-ratings/

Air date                 Episode    18-49 demo    % demo change    Viewers (mil)    % mil change
Sun    10/7/2018     09-01          2.49                -50.50%†                  6.076                 -46.88%†
Sun    10/14/2018   09-02          1.98                -20.48%                    4.947                -18.58%
Sun    10/21/2018   09-03          1.93                -2.53%                      5.037                   1.82%
Sun    10/28/2018   09-04          1.95                 1.04%                      5.095                    1.15%
Sun    11/4/2018     09-05          2.07                 6.15%                      5.414                    6.26%
Sun    11/11/2018   09-06          2.02                -2.42%                      5.396                  -0.33%

Edited by tv echo

Ratings for the Nov. 18 episode of TWD (9x07-Stradivarius) were 1.8 demo and 4.79M viewers...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-sunday_20.html

That's an 11% drop from the previous week and the lowest ratings for any episode this season so far:

'The Walking Dead' Hits Another New Series Low In The Ratings
By BRANDON DAVIS - November 20, 2018
https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/11/20/the-walking-dead-series-low-ratings-numbers/

The Walking Dead Episode 9x07 aired on Sunday night, earning a total audience of 4.79 million viewers for a 1.8 rating in the key 18 to 49 demographic. It is the least-watched-live episode in the series' history, though it is not quite the drop some might have expected to see in the weeks since Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes left the series. The previous record, the first to dip below Season One's numbers, was held by Episode 9x02. It drew slightly less total viewers but earned a 2.0 rating in the key demo.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The "Cheers & Jeers" section of the print issue of the new TV Guide Magazine, Nov. 26-Dec. 9, 2018 (Double Issue, with FBI cover), gave a Jeer to TWD...

Jeers to The Walking Dead
for losing its way. With the exit of Andrew Lincoln (above), AMC's once-killer zombie drama no longer has Rick Grimes's central drive to salvage humanity at the heart of the horror, leaving fans with too many newish characters to sort through and very little reason to care about them.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

The "Cheers & Jeers" section of the print issue of the new TV Guide Magazine, Nov. 26-Dec. 9, 2018 (Double Issue, with FBI cover), gave a Jeer to TWD...

Jeers to The Walking Dead

for losing its way.  With the exit of Andrew Lincoln (above), AMC’s once-killer zombie drama no longer has Rick Grimes’s central drive to salvage humanity at the heart of the horror, leaving fans with too many newish characters to sort through and very little reason to care about them.

Well, *I* feel vindicated; I just posted pretty much the exact same thing in another thread.  :)

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well, *I* feel vindicated; I just posted pretty much the exact same thing in another thread.  :)

What, you don't care about some chubby dude who digs osso buco or some girl who, nine years ago when she must have been about 15, "took down" some sleazy politicians or something like that? Absorbing it is.

• Love 5

‘From Comicbook

A new video paying tribute to Rick Grimes' journey on The Walking Dead and Andrew Lincoln's request of his farewell being paired with Johnny Cash's "Hurt" hs surfaced online.

The video above, created by YouTube user tstudios, pulls elements of Rick's post-apocalyptic journey through nine season of The Walking Dead together, including his final words of "I found them."

• Love 2

'The Walking Dead' stumbles into midseason break amid losses
By Brian Lowry  Sun November 25, 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/25/entertainment/the-walking-dead-season-9-midseason-finale/index.html

What has become crystal clear, since that much-ballyhooed exit [of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes], is that AMC's one-time hit is running on fumes -- relying on a small core of established characters while trying to establish a handful of new ones who, thus far, have provided little incentive to tune in.

In the past, "The Walking Dead" stayed fresh -- and unpredictable -- by killing off characters with some regularity, a reminder that this lawless world was one where death represented a part of life.

The recent spate of departures, however -- including Carl, Rick, Lauren Cohan's Maggie and, in the latest episode, Jesus (Tom Payne) falling victim to new threat the Whisperers -- has drained the show of considerable appeal, without filling the void. Throw in Lennie James' Morgan, who relocated to spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead," and the series has become a shambling facsimile of its best days.

The latest episode sought to address some of those concerns, ostensibly by bringing Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan back into the storyline in a more significant way -- having spent the first half of the season locked up -- and unveiling the secret of the Whisperers, with a human revealed to have been masquerading as a zombie and thus controlling the herd.

Still, asking the latest threat to reinvigorate the show after at least three seasons of disappointing results -- amid declining, if stabilizing, ratings -- seems like a lot to ask. And while the series still has a sturdy core in the likes of Daryl (Norman Reedus), Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Carol (Melissa McBride), the time-jump that closed Rick's final episode has made even their stories less interesting, surrounded, as they are, by characters who at this point don't represent much more than possible zombie food.
So far, though, AMC's strategy hasn't been to acknowledge that "The Walking Dead" might be ambling toward the finish line, but rather to keep trying to double down on it, hoping Lincoln can serve as the linchpin to expand the show's "universe" into new frontiers.

That might make sense from a business perspective. Creatively speaking, though, the longer "The Walking Dead" keeps operating on what amounts to life support, the higher the chance that the series, like its latest death, will go out less with a shout than a whisper.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Critic's Notebook: 'Walking Dead' Season 9 Improvement Is Too Little, Too Late
NOVEMBER 20, 2018 12:29pm PT by Daniel Fienberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/critics-notebook-walking-dead-season-9-improvement-is-little-late-1163133

The departure of Rick and Maggie has only underlined that the new incarnation of 'The Walking Dead' has some interesting things on its mind and no characters worth listening to.
The aspect of Walking Dead that has always interested me most is the one focusing on variations of civility in a postapocalyptic society, with occasional interjections from exec producer Greg Nicotero's effects work. As you may have guessed from the number of times "the start of" appeared in my list of favorite Walking Dead storylines, I've often enjoyed the introduction of different settings and communities. I've been less enamored with the show's ability to follow up. I can easily think of a half-dozen major plotlines that Walking Dead introduced well. I can't think of many that wrapped up in both a timely fashion and in a way I found even slightly satisfying. So even though I know that this season is only an episode or two away from introducing an inevitably disappointing Big Bad and that wherever the season goes in Sunday's fall finale and the spring half of season nine will probably frustrate me, at this second this is a quieter, more thoughtful, more character-driven Walking Dead than we've seen for a while.

And yet, to quote Diana from A Chorus Line, I'm feeling nothing. Kang and the show's writers have given me something resembling what I thought I wanted and it turns out that it's too late.

The tip of the problem iceberg is that Walking Dead blundered in what should have been its season-defining episode. The departure of star Andrew Lincoln broke so early that AMC and the show had no choice other than to exhaustively hype the final episodes of Rick Grimes, right up to his actual exit in "What Comes After." You had all of the elements in place for what should have been a hugely emotional episode, starting with the unquestioned top-of-the-call-sheet lead leaving one of TV's highest-rated shows, a character who began the episode with a piece of rebar in his gut, plus a slew of cameos from beloved former stars — RIP, Scott Wilson — and a fiery climax. Rather than playing Rick's fate with tragic finality or open-ended uncertainty, the episode had a deus ex machina helicopter rescue and the immediate announcement of future Rick Grimes telefilms. There was no way to feel happy for Lincoln, sad about Rick or much of anything. The show and the AMC PR machine practically demanded that you not take anything in the episode seriously. And I did not.
As bad as Lincoln/Rick's farewell was handled, the way Walking Dead handled Lauren Cohan/Maggie was even worse. Basically, Cohan — unhappy after a series of contract negotiations gone bad — left to do an ABC midseason drama, but ABC midseason dramas fail all the time, so Maggie just kinda ceased to be around. In this week's episode, it was mentioned that Maggie had left with Georgie to help found a settlement of survivors, a placeholder excuse so shoddy that somebody might as well have just said, "Oh, Maggie's off on a spy mission with Scott Foley. She'll be back when her hiatus schedule allows her to be or when her new show tanks."

These were two of the show's central characters, Rick from the beginning and Maggie from the second season. They follow in a string of major cast sendoffs that have sometimes been effective, sometimes infuriating and more generally just depleting. It's bad timing that the show had to lose Rick and Maggie at exactly the moment at which the few remaining long-term characters are being bizarrely misused. Carol's (Melissa McBride) now a dull wife who sometimes wreaks vengeance. Daryl's (Norman Reedus) living in the woods like a feral beast holding out hope that Rick is alive, a position that makes him look like an idiot because we know exactly how and inexactly where Rick is.
Take those people away on top of Carl (Chandler Riggs), Glenn (Steven Yeun), Morgan (Lennie James, who moved to AMC spinoff Fear the Walking Dead) and the dozen other deceased or decamped regulars, and you're left with Michonne (Danai Gurira) as the only long-standing character I'm invested in. The show has introduced wave after wave of characters in the past four or five seasons and my affection for them ranges from limited (Josh McDermitt's Eugene amuses me sometimes and Alanna Masterson's Tara sometimes can earn compassion) to nonexistent. One of the show's many consistent faults over the second half of its run has been half-introducing characters who then somehow become less interesting when we get to learn more about them. How is it that every character detail the show provides for Ezekiel (Khary Payton) makes him less and less compelling than when he was just "That guy with the tiger"? Rosita (Christian Serratos)? Aaron (Ross Marquand)? Enid (Katelyn Nacon)? Jesus? The show has become a sea of semifamiliar faces and characters whose names I would never remember without the help of a wiki.
Put simply, the version of Walking Dead I want is one that seems to have some of the things on its mind that this season has had. I just can't get invested in characters talking about civilization, justice and survival if I no longer care if any of them form civilization, find justice or survive. And I don't think there's any way to fix that at this point.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

Interesting article/interview with Kang over on deadline (apologies I cannot link on my phone).

Most interesting line was something along the lines of 'I knew going into this season the specific ending I had to write for Rick: going off in the helicopter.' Just further clarification to me that it was all mandated by AMC just to be able to milk all these extra Rick movies. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

A dog is for life, not just Christmas! 

Help keep ‘Dog’ alive

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/565/143/321/please-dont-kill-dog-on-the-walking-dead/

I always watch around by hands when there are animals in danger on TV.  I worry about them more than the people, so, naturally, I signed.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see this petition have the opposite effect on the showrunners than what we signators, their viewers, want.  I mean, I've never seen a show quite so willing to cut its nose off to spite its face as is TWD.  Not only are they willing to, they seem to take joy in it.  The show is Negan, y'all.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see this petition have the opposite effect on the showrunners than what we signators, their viewers, want.  I mean, I've never seen a show quite so willing to cut its nose off to spite its face as is TWD.  Not only are they willing to, they seem to take joy in it.  The show is Negan, y'all.

I always remember ‘The Gimp’ saying that he would never allow the viewers opinion to sway the decisions over character deaths, or any major aspect of the show, you could well be right in them taking delight in doing what WE don’t want, the only bright side is that ‘Dog’ is what Norman has always wanted on the show, and as he is the $20 million man I think they would be extremely unwise to screw with the pooch! 🐶

• Love 2

Ratings for Sunday's midseason finale episode of TWD (9x08) were 1.96 demo and 5.089M viewers...

‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Fall To All-Time Midseason Finale Low; Up From Last Week
by Dominic Patten   November 27, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/11/walking-dead-ratings-midseason-finale-low-tom-payne-amc-1202509335/

While up 8% among adults 18-49 and 6% in overall viewers from last week’s series low “Stradivarius “episode, Sunday’s “Evolution” show was the lowest rated and least watched midseason finale for the AMC zombie apocalypse series ever.

Snagging a 2.0 rating and an audience of 5.1 million, the airing that saw the fatal stabbing of Tom Payne’s character was down a very hard 43% in the demo from the previous midseason finale rock bottom of Season 2. That November 27, 2011 “Pretty Much Dead Already” episode pulled in 6.62 million sets of eyeballs and was the previously least watched midseason finale for TWD.

Edited by tv echo
20 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I always remember ‘The Gimp’ saying that he would never allow the viewers opinion to sway the decisions over character deaths, or any major aspect of the show, you could well be right in them taking delight in doing what WE don’t want, the only bright side is that ‘Dog’ is what Norman has always wanted on the show, and as he is the $20 million man I think they would be extremely unwise to screw with the pooch! 🐶

Yeah, theoretically, I agree that writers should just tell the story they want to tell and let it succeed or fail on its own merits.  I've seen how being far too aware of what contingents of fans want in a show, be it a plot point, a pairing, what have you, and trying to please them can adversely affect a show.  That said, I do think writers should still leave themselves open to constructive criticism and to making changes in the story that come about organically.  And TWD showrunners are affected by what they know the fans want, they just do it in reverse and give them what they don't want.  They like biting the hand that feeds them.  I don't know why.

• Love 2

Rake that money in before the franchise dies...

The Walking Dead opens studio lot for fan tours
Dalton Ross   November 30, 2018 
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/30/walking-dead-tours/

Hey, want to see where Negan burned that dude’s face off? Or where Rick had to face that spiky helmet walker? Or where Maggie executed Gregory? The Walking Dead fans can now see these spots and more up-close as Riverwood Studios —where the show is filmed in Senoia, Ga. — will be opening its doors to fans for official tours.

A press release announcing the tour states: “Comprised of 150 acres of land, visitors to The Walking Dead Studio Tour will experience some of the series’ most iconic sets including the Sanctuary (Negan’s lair), Hilltop (the grand antebellum mansion on 3.5 acres of working farmland), Oceanside (the seaside motor court shrouded in secrecy), the Heaps (a.k.a. Jadis’ junkyard), and Alexandria (go behind this 15-foot-high walled community and the last known home to Rick Grimes). The tour highlights additional sacred sites and never-before-seen locations to the fans along the way.”

“For years, the devoted fans of The Walking Dead have been eager to get behind the studio walls and see the unique way this series is made. It’s exciting to now offer a closer look to all who have supported The Walking Dead,” says Tom Luse, the show’s executive producer and general manager of Riverwood Studios, in the press release. “Our cast and crew work tirelessly to bring this series to life. We are extremely grateful to all who make this show possible on and off set. We could think of no better way to say thank you than to share behind the scenes with the public.”

Tours will be offered Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting Dec. 14 and — according to the tour website — through March 31. Presumably the tours will close down then as the crew begins prep for production on season 10, which should begin filming at the start of May. You can head to The Walking Dead Studio Tour website for tickets and more information… if you dare! Of course, you could also just buy a house in Alexandria.

From The Walking Dead Studio Tour website:
https://thewalkingdeadstudiotour.com/plan-your-visit/

Studio Tour with Alexandria & Woodbury – Adult (12+): $65 plus taxes & fees
95-minute bus led tour of Riverwood Studios’ stages and backlots
25-minute bus led tour of Alexandria and the Town of Woodbury
Commemorative “The Walking Dead Studio Tour” security badge

Studio Tour with Alexandria & Woodbury – Child (<12): $45 plus taxes & fees
95-minute bus led tour of Riverwood Studios’ stages and backlots
25-minute bus led tour Alexandria and the Town of Woodbury
Commemorative “The Walking Dead Studio Tour” security badge

Edited by tv echo
On 11/6/2018 at 6:40 AM, OoohMaggie said:

The reason Coral didn’t appear in the dream sequence,

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/11/05/walking-dead-where-was-carl/

I wonder how long it took them to come up with that BS? Sure, he needed Sasha so badly, someone I can't recall him speaking to, except maybe when they were planning to kill the Termites. Kang should have slapped her own face after spouting that insulting nonsense.

“We’re going to continue telling Rick Grime$’ $tory in a $eries of AMC original films. There’s a lot of $tory to tell.”

says the Gimp. Good luck with that, but I'll pass.

• Love 2

When the show is done, I hope that Kang and the actors aren’t blamed for how the show declined. So much damage was done by the time she took over and the actors aren’t going to overcome that decline in writing or their characters being put on the back burner. Even JDM who I think has been bad in a terrible role isn’t responsible for the oversaturation of Negan on TWD.

3 HOURS AGO, ICEMISER69 SAID:

I wasn't a Carl fan, so I didn't care whether he would be there or not. I was hoping that they would either bury or burn that stupid hat.

TPTB have to down size this cast or make them where name tags. The cast is far to huge, and it is really hard to give a crap about any of them when most of the cast members get very little airtime. Plus, my memory is horrible. I can't possibly remember all of these people by name.

My memory isn’t horrible and it’s amazing for useless information. I’m refusing to remotely try to learn new names unless they become real characters. 

I was more upset about the idea of Carl dying than Carl dying. Now I can laugh at them missing the easy answer to Rick leaving and not having to pay Chandler Riggs. Jesus, they just needed to pay the kid for 12 episodes or send him off somewhere else until the time jump let them recast the character.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't like Nagen at all, but I do appreciate that JDM sure does care about animals.

I've seen that and it leaves me torn. Nothing I love more than men who are kind to animals, yet I hate Negan with passion, not because he's a "bad guy" but because he's so horrifically boring, cartoonish and ridiculous. JDM seems like a nice, regular kind of guy. I hope this TWD stint doesn't ruin his career.

• Love 1
On 12/4/2018 at 10:32 AM, icemiser69 said:

I didn't know where to put this.  This is a story about JDM.

I don't like Nagen at all, but I do appreciate that JDM sure does care about animals.   I think this is really cool.  Totally awesome.

"Jeffrey Dean Morgan adopting donkey and emu because they’re BFF"

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/04/jeffrey-dean-morgan-adopting-donkey-and-emu-because-theyre-bff/

I love this!

• Love 1
On 12/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, walnutqueen said:

"Jeffrey Dean Morgan adopting ...an. emu

I am old enough for my version of Alice in wonderland to have been the Disney Cartoon, 

When I read JDM adopted an Emu, all I can see is the Red Queen, with JDM's glowering smile, holding an emu upside down by the legs and wrapping the legs with barbed wire and  calling it Lucille as she heads of (he he) to play a rousing game of croquet

The &nbsp;red queen plays croquet

Edited by enoughcats

I enjoyed this article featuring Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) talking about some of the storylines, especially the decision of CDB to shoot windows instead of Negan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-star-slates-huge-183900756.html

This was also a great quote from the article:

Eugene star Josh McDermitt was also in attendance and was more diplomatic, saying: “I disagree, only because I’m still on the show and like my job. I thought it was great.”

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I enjoyed this article featuring Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) talking about some of the storylines, especially the decision of CDB to shoot windows instead of Negan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-star-slates-huge-183900756.html

Don’t see why anybody would have a problem with it; after all, it’s not like Cuddles was saying something 14 million fans hadn’t already said. Multiple times. 

Edited by Nashville
Grammar
  • Love 2

TV's Best, Worst, and Weirdest in 2018
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon., Dec. 31, 2018
https://www.eonline.com/news/1000492/tv-s-best-worst-and-weirdest-in-2018

Rudest Trick: Rick Grimes' "Exit" 

AMC made a pretty big deal out of Andrew Lincoln's departure from The Walking Dead, only to immediately announce three new movies he'll star in as Rick Grimes as soon as the episode had ended. And Lauren Cohan's actual departure got nothing. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

NFL, 'The Walking Dead,' 'Killing Eve': TV Ratings Winners and Losers of 2018
DECEMBER 31, 2018   by Rick Porter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-winners-losers-2018-1171699

LOSERS
The Walking Dead: To be fair, The Walking Dead is still the top show on cable (NFL games aside) by a sizable margin. But it has also hemorrhaged viewers in the past year, falling by more than 60 percent in adults 18-49 and by more than half in viewers from season seven to season nine. It recorded all-time lows in the 18-49 demo twice during its fall run.

Also...

ROBERT KIRKMAN ADDRESSES COMPLAINT THAT WALKING DEAD COMICS MERELY RECYCLE STORIES
Josh Weiss   Jan. 4, 2019
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/robert-kirkman-addresses-complaint-that-walking-dead-comics-merely-recycle-stories  

Edited by tv echo
On 1/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, enoughcats said:

Danai Gurira gives an interview with her future plans.  Lots of writing.  Lots of stage productions of her works.  A movie with her Black Panther character.

If there was any mention of The Walking Dead, I missed it in reading too fast.

I don't think Danai is studying Walking Dead.  I hope her agent has asked for a ridiculous amount of money.  If she gets it, she can use it to fund her writing.  With all the great things that are happening for her now, Walking Dead can't slow her down.  If she doesn't get paid, she can spend more time hanging out with Lupita and Michael B. Jordan.  My girl wins no matter what.  Danai doesn't need Walking Dead but Walking Dead DESPERATELY needs Danai.

• Love 2

‘King’ fans can now get a video greeting from their favourite monarch, for $195 (nice work if you can get it)  he’ll send you a message.

a few other, mostly Z list characters offer the same service, Chris from Fear...................yeah right, I had to look some of them up.

From ComicBook

“Other past and present Walking Dead stars available for cameos include Ross Marquand (Aaron), Chad L Coleman (Tyreese), Jeremy Palko (Hilltop’s Andy), Peter Luis Zimmerman (Hilltop’s Eduardo), Josh Mikel (Savior Jared), Jayson Warner Smith (Savior general Gavin), Lew Temple (Axel), Jake Kearney (Saviors’ Nelson) and Lorenzo Henrie (Fear the Walking Dead’s Chris).”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/01/27/the-walking-dead-stars-cameo-khary-patyon-ross-marquand/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

‘King’ fans can now get a video greeting from their favourite monarch, for $195 (nice work if you can get it)  he’ll send you a message.

a few other, mostly Z list characters offer the same service, Chris from Fear...................yeah right, I had to look some of them up.

From ComicBook

“Other past and present Walking Dead stars available for cameos include Ross Marquand (Aaron), Chad L Coleman (Tyreese), Jeremy Palko (Hilltop’s Andy), Peter Luis Zimmerman (Hilltop’s Eduardo), Josh Mikel (Savior Jared), Jayson Warner Smith (Savior general Gavin), Lew Temple (Axel), Jake Kearney (Saviors’ Nelson) and Lorenzo Henrie (Fear the Walking Dead’s Chris).”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/01/27/the-walking-dead-stars-cameo-khary-patyon-ross-marquand/

Also available, I’m sure, for corporate retreats, car wash openings, weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc.

• Love 3

I can’t help but think doing gigs like this could be incredibly destructive to one’s self-esteem and professional confidence.  I mean, think about how many times per job their sense of self-image is likely to be absolutely and totally dissolved by a single word:

”Happy Bar Mitzvah, David!  Mazel tov!”

“Thank you, sir. Er - I’m sorry, but who were you again?”

“No problem - I’m Jeremy Palko.”

“Who?”

”You probably know me better as ‘Hilltop Andy’ on The Walking Dead.”

“WHO...???”

• Love 7
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Jeremy Palko (Hilltop’s Andy), Peter Luis Zimmerman (Hilltop’s Eduardo), Josh Mikel (Savior Jared), Jayson Warner Smith (Savior general Gavin), Lew Temple (Axel), Jake Kearney (Saviors’ Nelson) and Lorenzo Henrie (Fear the Walking Dead’s Chris).”

Okay, Gavin I recognize. Would I pay 195$ for a personal greeting from him? Well, err... Sorry, Gav. No, I"m not laughing hysterically. All those others? WHO the actual fluck are they??? OH, wait. Axel? From the prison? I can barely remember him, but I know I liked him, so I'm okay with that. Maybe. For free. On second thought, meh.

Hey, I got a fabulous, stupendous personal B-day greeting (well, just as personal as it would be from any of these anonymous TWD characters) from the one and only William Shatner and everyone knows who he is. And if was free.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

“Thank you, sir. Er - I’m sorry, but who were you again?”

“No problem - I’m Jeremy Palko.”

“Who?”

”You probably know me better as ‘Hilltop Andy’ on The Walking Dead.”

“WHO...???”

LOL!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, Gavin I recognize. Would I pay 195$ for a personal greeting from him? Well, err... Sorry, Gav. No, I"m not laughing hysterically. All those others? WHO the actual fluck are they??? OH, wait. Axel? From the prison? I can barely remember him, but I know I liked him, so I'm okay with that. Maybe. For free. On second thought, meh.

Hey, I got a fabulous, stupendous personal B-day greeting (well, just as personal as it would be from any of these anonymous TWD characters) from the one and only William Shatner and everyone knows who he is. And if was free.

You can get Axel for $30, Hippy Guy and the other two unknowns for $20, Gavin for $34  

Aaron, as a WD A-lister will cost you $150 though. As an actor, how hard up have you got to be to do a video message for $20, how embarrassing.

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

??????????????????

Big Bill, now you’re talking 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Get one from Leonard Nimoy, and then I’ll really REALLY be impressed.  ;>

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Get one from Leonard Nimoy, and then I’ll really REALLY be impressed.  ;>

Oh be still my heart! I would kill for a Star-Trek era greeting from Spock. He was and is my all-time favorite character for life.

Anyway, ooohMaggie, go to link and fill in the blanks. My brother sent me this last month and at first I thought it was just a cute card, but then he said MY name. I was ridiculously tickled and thrilled (yeah, I seriously need to get out more) but that was before I knew "Hilltop's Eduardo" and two unknowns were available for a mere 20$... sigh. Actually, would I pay a nickel for a greeting from any TWD character? Let me think about it. In the meantime:

Greetings from the ShatMan!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh be still my heart! I would kill for a Star-Trek era greeting from Spock. He was and is my all-time favorite character for life.

Same here, but you’re not getting a birthday greeting out of Nimoy without some serious smelling salts and a space heater; he passed away about 3-4 years ago.

3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

ShatMan - I’m gonna love that until the day I die.  :)

• Love 2