Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The money-grubbers should take a hint from Carol Burnett who ended her show, saying, "I think it's classier to leave before you're asked to leave, "

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character over, was just about the right time to put myself 'someplace far' and just relax back in my rocking chair and enjoy the glory days all over again! 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character ove

If only he had said, "A place far, far away" I would have been okay with that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I think the moment Siddiq revealed to the world that Maggie was "Someplace Far" and that the show had totally screwed the character over, was just about the right time to put myself 'someplace far' and just relax back in my rocking chair and enjoy the glory days all over again! 

I finally deleted it from my DVR.  I'm now digitally someplace far.  Lol

• LOL 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

If only he had said, "A place far, far away" I would have been okay with that.

If only he had said this I would have been  positively drooling, just think of the possibilities, Maggie wielding a light sabre is the stuff of dreams! 

Capture.PNG

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
(edited)

LOL...

Who Is Big Little Lies Boyfriend, Really? Does S.H.I.E.L.D. Have a TARDIS? Did Blood & Treasure Bug Ya? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci and Charlie Mason / July 12 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/12/big-little-lies-season-2-jane-boyfriend-corey-tv-questions-answers/

13 | On a scale of 1-1, how excited are you about AMC’s third Walking Dead series?

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 2

Eh...

The Walking Dead Spin-Off Teaser Previews 'Places We Haven't Seen'
By Amanda Bell | Jul 30, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-walking-dead-spin-off-teaser-trailer/ 

AMC has revealed the first teaser for The Walking Dead's newest spin-off series, and it looks like the kids will not be all right in this new series. The teaser, below, features the new show's young stars — Alexa Mansour, Aliyah Royale, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston — along with The Americans' Annet Mahendru describing what the mysterious new series will be about. Together, the cast teases:

"What if you grew up in a world of safety and you decided to leave? To discover the truth of who you are and what the world really is. You know, growing up. There have been things going on in The Walking Dead universe since the very start of the story, all happening over all these years — in other places we haven't seen, with people we haven't seen, with the dead we haven't seen. But we'll see it all this spring."
Perhaps the most interesting shot is of four characters, who are facing away but clearly wielding some gnarly weaponry (including a massive wrench!). They're giving off some Guardians of the Galaxy-style squad vibes here, no? Of course, that doesn't mean all four of these characters will be good — co-creator Scott Gimple previously teased that as the show's new characters wander away from their cozy homestead, some of them might become villains.
twd.png

The Walking Dead's new spin-off series will arrive on AMC in the spring of 2020.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Good news for OooMaggie: Looks like Maggie may return.

Obviously that should only be a big WOOOO HOOOO, the article did say this "Maggie’s send-off from The Walking Dead was far quieter than Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln), which happened in the same episode. While Rick blew himself up on a bridge, Maggie and her baby, Hershel, just quietly disappeared" No shit! that must have passed me by.

It's this comment that has me worried "Cohan’s return doesn’t necessarily need to be on the flagship series; there are plenty of spots for a beloved character in this ever-expanding universe. For instance, she could join the upcoming Rick Grimes film trilogy or star in a movie romp of her own" 

I honestly think the first movie is going to die such a slow painful death, that anything connected to it will go down with the ship, I really don't want Lauren to be clinging to the mast when it sinks beneath the waves. Just concentrate on Mile 22 / 2 girl, move on while you can!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

😱 ...

AMC Networks CEO Says 'Walking Dead' Franchise Has "Decades of Life Left"
9/19/2019 by Etan Vlessing
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-networks-ceo-walking-dead-franchise-has-decades-life-left-1240976 

AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan on Thursday said The Walking Dead franchise is hardly dead, despite lower ratings in recent seasons.

"We have an awful lot of life left in The Walking Dead — I mean decades and decades of life left," Sapan told the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference in New York City during a session that was webcast.

The AMC Networks boss, inevitably asked by investors about the popular zombie drama's projected life cycle, said TV franchises, if managed properly, can run over generations. AMC Networks has tripled-down on The Walking Dead franchise with a third series and has partnered with Universal Pictures on a feature.

"That's an indication of a vital heartbeat in the franchise," Sapan added. He also discussed how the company behind AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv has adopted a genre streaming strategy on the distribution front to battle Netflix and Amazon Prime in an age of skinny bundles, streaming content and virtual distributors.

Sapan pointed to AMC owning and controlling its own content, distributing that content on multiple platforms while also selling it to third parties and now increasingly putting it on AMC-owned streaming video on-demand services. "We're very well positioned to leverage content expertise into new distribution opportunities," Sapan argued of his four niche streamers: Shudder, Sundance Now, Acorn TV and Urban Movie Channel.
(Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1

Fall TV Predictions: NCIS 'Reunion,' This Is Us Tyke Twist, HTGAWM Deaths, Three Freshman Fates and More
By Team TVLine / September 19 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/09/19/fall-tv-predictions-2019-ncis-ziva-tony-reunion/

It’s time once again for the TVLine staff to share its predictions for the upcoming TV season, where last time around we walked away with a 33 percent success rate.
REMINDER: These are predictions, not outright spoilers. Pitchforks down!

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2019-photos/the-walking-dead-michonne-fall-tv-predictions/

THE WALKING DEAD
PREDICTION: Season 10 will remain true to the comic books, at least in the way that it redeems Negan — a development that will allow the departing Danai Gurira’s Michonne to feel that she can safely pass the bat(on) of leadership to him as she pulls a Maggie and hits the road.

Edited by tv echo

I haven't been watching the show the past couple of seasons, but the promo with Carol saying "she needs to die" gives me a sense of jubilation that I'm not going to have to listen to that bald woman singsong her way through every commercial break on AMC for much longer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's nice to know that you can still look perfectly made up and styled during a zombie apocalypse (this show looks like it belongs on Freeform or The CW)...

Third Walking Dead Series: See First Photos From Female-Led Offshoot
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 3 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/10/03/the-walking-dead-third-series-photos/

AMC on Thursday released new images from the Spring 2020 premiere, ahead of the series’ New York Comic Con panel to be held this Saturday, October 5 at 11:30am ET.

The third installment of the franchise features two young female protagonists — played by Alexa Mansour (The Resident, SEAL Team) and Aliyah Royale (The Red Line) — and focus on the first generation to come of age in the apocalypse as we know it. “Some will become heroes. Some will become villains,” reads the synopsis. “In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”
>New York Comic-Con panel participants include series co-creators Scott M. Gimple and showrunner Matt Negrete, along with cast members Royale, Mansour, Nico Tortorella (Younger), Annet Mahendru (The Americans), Nicolas Cantu (The Amazing World of Gumball), newcomer Hal Cumpston.

twd3_100_ss_0805_0499_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0819_0407_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0821_0475_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_ss_0802_0471_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0821_0586_rt.jpg?w=1024

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

It's nice to know that you can still look perfectly made up and styled during a zombie apocalypse (this show looks like it belongs on Freeform or The CW)...

Third Walking Dead Series: See First Photos From Female-Led Offshoot
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 3 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/10/03/the-walking-dead-third-series-photos/

twd3_100_ss_0805_0499_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0819_0407_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0821_0475_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_ss_0802_0471_rt.jpg?w=1024

twd3_100_jw_0821_0586_rt.jpg?w=1024

Holy shit.  Where are they finding these clothes?  Is United Colors of Benetton somehow zombie-proof and still cranking out the shit?

• LOL 2
54 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Holy shit.  Where are they finding these clothes?  Is United Colors of Benetton somehow zombie-proof and still cranking out the shit?

My gaze was drawn to the 'diamond' cardigan 😱

• LOL 1

The spinoff is suppose to be TWD NG or Millenial Edition or something?

Still milking it, I see, though by now, it might as well be a leather bag than an over pumped Holstein.

The creative braintrust must be making money hands over fist from all the TWD shows and soon movies.

While very rich, they must never have had creative ambitions beyond telling the same story over and over again.

• Love 1

Oh, come on!  How realistic is the premise for this new series? Really...

NYCC: THE WALKING DEAD'S THIRD SERIES TEASES 'NEW WORLD' OF SURVIVORS IN FIRST TRAILER
Matthew Jackson  Oct. 5, 2019
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-walking-dead-third-series-new-york-comic-con

According to Scott M. Gimple, the former Walking Dead showrunner who now oversees the franchise's entire live-action universe, the new series will introduce "a new world" of survival, picking up 10 years into the zombie apocalypse, and while it exists in the same world as The Walking Dead, the characters from this new series will not be aware of those survivors. In fact, when we first meet them, our new heroes don't know much about the outside world at all. Remember those three circles on the helicopter Rick Grimes saw in Season 9? Well, according to Gimple, those circles represent three different pockets of civilization, and the new show will take us to one of those places, where we'll meet a group of young people who've grown up in a privileged, walled-off existence even with walkers out there. They're aware of walkers, and they've been taught how to kill them, but they haven't really had to venture out and fight like other characters we've met. Now they'll finally have to...and they might have a little trouble adjusting.

“They’ve been aware of Walkers, but they haven’t really been interacting with them," Gimple said. "They’ve been behind walls.”
"It's about growing up. It's about starting these characters in a young and interesting place," showrunner Matthew Negrete teased, citing Stand By Me as one of the show's biggest influences. 

Gimple also teased that because we're dealing with privileged people who've managed to maintain a level of civlization while also existing in a zombie apocalypse, we're going to get some cool new weapons as part of this new world. 

“Because this is a First World place in the apocalypse, they have these Walker-specific weapons," he said. "They’re hybrid weapons and just the ways that these guys handle them, [it looks like] they’ve been using them [for years.]”

Gimple also teased the possibility of crossovers between shows, something The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead have already done, as this new corner of the world develops. If you're concerned about continuity, though, don't worry: Gimple also confirmed that you don't need to be a Walking Dead superfan to follow the new series.
The Walking Dead comic book series co-creator Robert Kirkman, who serves as an executive producer for the TV side of things, expressed his joy at seeing yet another intriguing expansion of his zombie-infested world, calling himself "a proud grandfather."
Sadly, what we still don't have for the series, despite all of these new teases, is a title. There's still plenty of time for the show to reveal that, though, as we'll be waiting until the spring of 2020 for the new series to premiere.

• LOL 1

THE WALKING DEAD SHOWRUNNER ANGELA KANG CONFIRMS SEASON 11
Matthew Jackson and Josh Weiss    Oct. 5, 2019
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-walking-dead-showrunner-angela-kang-confirms-season-11

The Walking Dead will spend at least one more year fighting for survival in the zombie apocalypse. Just one day before the show is set to premiere its 10th season on AMC, showrunner Angela Kang announced that Season 11 is already on the way. 

Kang made the announcement during The Walking Dead's franchise panel at New York Comic Con Saturday, setting the stage for another year of ambitious storytelling even as the franchise is preparing to deploy a second spinoff series along with a series of movies starring former Walking Dead series lead, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln). 

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Oh, come on!  How realistic is the premise for this new series? Really...

NYCC: THE WALKING DEAD'S THIRD SERIES TEASES 'NEW WORLD' OF SURVIVORS IN FIRST TRAILER
Matthew Jackson  Oct. 5, 2019
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-walking-dead-third-series-new-york-comic-con

Must be awe-inspiring since AMC released a trailer for it...yet can't come up with a title.

I have a suggestion.  "Snowflakes of the ZA."  

It looks positively abysmal.  

Which, of course, means I'll be tuning in for the glorious snark that will be found on these forums by your brilliant posters.  ❤️ 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

According to Scott M. Gimple, the former Walking Dead showrunner who now oversees the franchise's entire live-action universe, the new series will introduce "a new world" of survival, picking up 10 years into the zombie apocalypse, and while it exists in the same world as The Walking Dead, the characters from this new series will not be aware of those survivors. In fact, when we first meet them, our new heroes don't know much about the outside world at all. Remember those three circles on the helicopter Rick Grimes saw in Season 9? Well, according to Gimple, those circles represent three different pockets of civilization, and the new show will take us to one of those places, where we'll meet a group of young people who've grown up in a privileged, walled-off existence even with walkers out there. They're aware of walkers, and they've been taught how to kill them, but they haven't really had to venture out and fight like other characters we've met. Now they'll finally have to...and they might have a little trouble adjusting.

So basically they're ripping off Jonathan Maberry's Rot & Ruin series, which is also mostly a coming of age story about kids who have grown up behind a fence in the ZA and then venture out to have all sorts of misadventures.  Hilariously, Carl and Rick get a brief mention as great ZA heroes on trading cards.

Last I saw this third installment is supposed to kick off sometime next summer.  They're going to have to call it something by then.

I'm still laughing this morning that they ran a promo during the mothership premier for the new show "coming in spring 2020" and still apparently don't have a working title for it.  Come on, guys.  You just slapped the word "Fear" in front of the mothership title for the offshoot even though the zombies are even less scary on that show.  Pick a verb, a noun, anything.

To be fair, I'm going to give this new spinoff a chance. For all we know, it could have great writing and storytelling. 😶

I've given up on TWD (especially with its Negan redemption story), and I'm just 'meh' on FTWD.

Edited by tv echo

This spinoff looks terrible.  It looks like the CW's version of TWD - and I say that as someone who has enjoyed the occasional CW show. So basically a group of teenagers decide to leave the relative safety of their community to go see the "real world" where flesh eating walkers roam.  They all deserve to be eaten for breaking the law of uncommon stupidity.  

• Love 2

Ack - I'm sure JDM is a perfectly nice guy, but I can't get past his portrayal of Negan...

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hilarie Burton tie the knot in 'intimate ceremony'
By Samantha Highfill October 07, 2019 
https://ew.com/celebrity/2019/10/07/jeffrey-dean-morgan-hilarie-burton-married/

Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have made it official. On Oct. 5, the longtime couple tied the knot, despite many believing they were already married.
Morgan also shared photos of their special day on Instagram, thanking Burton for “making me the luckiest man in the world.” Morgan also shared a few details of the “intimate ceremony,” including the fact that it was performed by Morgan’s former Supernatural costar Jensen Ackles and his current Walking Dead costar Norman Reedus. Also in attendance was Burton’s former One Tree Hill costar Sophia Bush.

Edited by tv echo

There's another one?

I'm just here to post Chandler's Twitch link. He's thinking about streaming more, and wants to be partnered with twitch, which means he has to stream every day, for a week or two (and have a certain number of viewers, but he has no problem there). He's on right now.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I'm still laughing this morning that they ran a promo during the mothership premier for the new show "coming in spring 2020" and still apparently don't have a working title for it.  Come on, guys.  You just slapped the word "Fear" in front of the mothership title for the offshoot even though the zombies are even less scary on that show.  Pick a verb, a noun, anything.

"Fear The Vegan Death"?

• Love 1

The Walking Dead Needs Life Support, Superheroes Aren’t So Super And More In This Week’s TV Ratings
Laura Hurley   Oct. 11, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2482135/the-walking-dead-needs-life-support-superheroes-arent-so-super-and-more-in-this-weeks-tv-ratings

... So, how did the Season 10 premiere perform on October 6?
Not well, as it turns out.  Although The Walking Dead won the night in cable TV with a 1.4 rating and 4 million viewers in the 18-49 age demographic, according to TV By The Numbers, those numbers meant the Season 10 premiere scored the lowest in both the key demo and overall viewers in Walking Dead history. This represents a drop of 23.4% in the demo and 19% in viewership from the Season 9 finale, and a significant drop from the Season 9 premiere last year, which scored a 2.49 rating and 6 million viewers.

Yes, even though

Spoiler

Season 10 will be Danai Gurira's swan song, the premiere aired shortly after the news of a Season 11 renewal and return of Lauren Cohan as a series regular,

and promised to take the show in a refreshing direction, the numbers were the lowest yet for The Walking Dead. Fans shouldn't fear that the show is going anywhere, as one AMC exec recently said that The Walking Dead has "decades" of story left. But how many people will still be watching unless The Walking Dead gets new life?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Continued drop in ratings has to have an impact at some point.

Can they continue to pay the actors like they were when the show's ratings were what, double or more?

Didn't they used to get over 10 million an episode easily?

I guess though if it still draws higher ratings than every other AMC show, they will cling to it.

• Love 1

The ratings for episode 10x02 were 1.29 demo and 3.467M viewers (both drops from the previous week)....
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-walking-dead-season-10-ratings/

Walking Dead’ Ratings Stumble To New Series Low; ‘Succession’ Nears Series Best With Season 2 Finale
Dominic Patten     October 15, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/10/walking-dead-ratings-low-succession-season-finale-amc-hbo-1202760498/

For the AMC zombie apocalypse series, the second episode of the 10th season pulled back the mask on the bloodless origins of the Whisperers.

The Greg Nicotero-directed “We Are the End of the World” was also a new series low for TWD. Slipping 7% from the previous low of last week’s Season 10 opener to a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49, TWD was in a rare second place on cable with its viewership of 3.47 million. That total set of linear eyeballs was down 13% from the October 6 “Lines We Cross” episode.

Compared to the then series low of the second episode of Season 9, TWD viewership fell 30% and 35% in the key demo.

Hard truths and low numbers for the show based on Robert Kirkman’s now-defunct comic, but also mitigated realities. For one thing, starting with the Samantha Morton-led “End of the World,” all episodes of TWD are now available 48 hours before they air on AMC on the subscription AMC Premiere service, which we hear is doing quite nicely. Secondly, in Live + 3 ratings, the Season 10 debut rose 50% in the 18-49 demo and 45% in overall viewers – and that was an episode that was on AMC Premiere a full week before its October 6 linear launch.

‘The Walking Dead Showrunner Explains Carol’s Hallucinations and Self-Destructive Behavior”

Really,

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/10/21/the-walking-dead-carol-hallucinations-self-destructive-behavior-pills-explained-showrunner/

Come on big guy, let’s see what you give us in E4, pleeeeaassee don’t let us down

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/10/21/the-walking-dead-michael-cudlitz-directs-season-10-episode-4-silence-the-whisperers/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 11:57 AM, OoohMaggie said:

‘The Walking Dead Showrunner Explains Carol’s Hallucinations and Self-Destructive Behavior”

So no one has the talent to SHOW things during the body of the episode, so it needs to explained later? Well, that's different. Never have I seen such a thing on any show I've watched, although granted I haven't watched many in the last couple of decades. If this is how it must be done now with a bunch of exposition, I'll remain ignorant. Quel bore.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The TWD ratings for episode 10x04 were 1.12 demo and 3.305M viewers...
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-walking-dead-season-10-ratings/ 

Sunday cable ratings: ‘Watchmen’ holds, ‘The Walking Dead’ takes another hit
Alex Welch  October 29 2019
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-oct-27-2019/

“The Walking Dead” stayed on top of the Sunday cable chart, even as it continued its ratings decline.

The long-running AMC series topped the night with a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.31 million viewers, down again from its previous outing’s 1.2 rating and 3.48 million viewer audience. TLC followed closely behind with the “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days – Tell All” special scoring a 1.0, while the latest “Before the 90 Days” episode grabbed a 0.9, steady with its rating from a week ago.

Edited by tv echo

From ComicBook,

The Walking Dead Movies Will Be Different From the Shows

“The Walking Dead movies starring Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes will be different from the television side of TWD Universe, according to chief content officer Scott Gimple. The former showrunner did not clarify how the still-untitled movie — the first in a planned trilogy — might differ from the mothership series now airing its tenth season on AMC, but the goal, Gimple says, is to justify the existence of a Walking Dead Universe with diverse offerings that are “as different from one another as possible.” This first film, penned by Gimple, promises to be distinguishable from The Walking Dead, spinoff Fear the Walking Dead and the untitled third series headed to the network in early 2020.”

“We have to take risks. That’s serving the audience, if you’re taking risks,” Gimple told Marketplace. “Are we pushing harder, are we trying to make these shows as different from one another as possible? Are we trying to make these movies different from the shows? Are we offering the audience the very reason to have a universe, which is a varied slate of stories?”

Pollyanna McIntosh, so far the only Walking Dead star confirmed to return alongside Lincoln, recently hinted the movie will be a twisty action-adventure that showcases never-before-seen walkers.

The Jadis-slash-Anne actress also teased an exploration of “other worlds” in TWDUniverse after Gimple confirmed the film franchise would unravel the “vast mythology” behind CRM, the shadowy organization responsible for Rick’s disappearance midway through The Walking Dead Season 9.

Because these films will be released into theaters via distributor Universal Pictures, Gimple says the films must stand alone and appeal to a broader audience.

“This is for everyone. We have to honor the fans of the show, absolutely, but I don’t think that’s mutually exclusive to letting other people in,” Gimple previously told The Hollywood Reporter. “And if this is the very first Walking Dead thing they’ve ever seen, they’ll enjoy it. They’ll be like, ‘Whoa, that was a crazy zombie movie. Is there other Walking Deadstuff? I think I’ve heard that before.’ I mean, that is the idea. I think [George A.] Romero did that. I think we’ve set up things for an amazing story that people will get a certain satisfaction from, having had the relationship a long time to the story.”

Gimple also drew a comparison with the Hugh Jackman-starring Logan, a spinoff that mostly stood on its own despite ties to the X-Men universe.

“I think of Logan a lot. Logan is a movie that, if you grew up on X-Men comics and the cartoons and the wonderful canned pastas, when you saw Logan, you got this extra thing out of it. But if you’ve never seen or read an X-Men thing in your life and you just stumbled onto Logan, I think that movie stands on its own,” he said. “We need this movie to stand on its own. And I would be unbelievably grateful if we create something that maybe even young people stumble onto, who have never watched an episode of The Walking Dead, and then they have this giant library that they can go home and consume, and hopefully have a great time with. But yeah, this is a movie that’s gonna be for everybody.”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/11/02/the-walking-dead-movies-different-from-shows-scott-gimple-rick-grimes-movie/

I hope everyone’s clear about that now 🤔 🤕

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

“I think of Logan a lot. Logan is a movie that, if you grew up on X-Men comics and the cartoons and the wonderful canned pastas, when you saw Logan, you got this extra thing out of it

I see. Always good to get an "extra thing" out of a thing or some thing. I see the light!🤩

• Love 1

If that's the mentality, why not finish the story of TV Rick on TV without the cliffhanger, and then have a movie Rick? Or, y'know, maybe something wholly independent where the premise (zombie apocalypse) is the lure? 

I'm probably not being fair, because I loathe when media companies try to force me into things instead of encouraging me through good story (or acting, or effects-- something), and that's what I feel is happening here. It's...cheating.

I also have little faith in this team. They already promised a spin off to explore origins that pretty much ignored origins. Hard to believe they have a coherent "vast mythology" they're committed to exploring. I don't think they know what this maybe-trilogy will be, and that's a problem. 

I'll still totally read a summary of it. 

• Love 6