Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah, the fine print on all the pages are funny...the testimonial page "These real people do not exist."....ha, ha, ha.

ETA: It's the time involved in his hijinks that cracks me up more.

Edited by DittyDotDot

Well he has to do something but can he beat the pies in his face?  What would it be to work in environment where everyone is having fun.  Will be interesting to see what else he comes up with.  :)

Forget the Emmys! Find Out Who the Internet Loves as We Reveal the Winners of the 2014 Best. Ever. TV Awards

by Kristin Dos Santos Today 6:00 PM PDT

It's time to announce the winners of E!'s 2014 Best. Ever. TV Awards!

This year, the response was massive—and intense—as our 32 categories received more than 5 million votes, from inside the U.S. and around the world.

HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS....

Best Actor in a Drama: Jensen Ackles, Supernatural

Best Cast on Twitter: Supernatural

Best Shocker: Dean turns into a demon, Supernatural

Show You Can't Believe Is Still on the Air: Bachelor franchise

Best Guest Star: Osric Chau, Supernatural

If you want to see the rest of the winners, I think the link works, I hope.

I thought it was cool that Jensen won but the last time I checked, Supernatural wasn't winning the best shocker, so that surprised me.  Cool to see Supernatural do so well.  :)

How on earth is the Bachelor still on?  Beats me but I'll watch the worst Supernatural eps over that show, hands down!  lol.

http://www.eonline.com/news/558288/forget-the-emmys-find-out-who-the-internet-loves-as-we-reveal-the-winners-of-the-2014-best-ever-tv-awards

(edited)

Yes! Jensen beat Bryan Cranston.  JUSTICE!  (now I have a sad about the Emmys AGAIN)

I really wanted to be able to vote Dean turns into a demon for Best Shocker and Throw Out My TV .

Edited by catrox14

CW Boss talks SPN spin-off, other shows

Relevant SPN bit:

* “The Supernatural spin-off that came in, creatively, did not quite get where we wanted it to go,” Pedowitz said when asked why Bloodlines wasn’t picked up. “We have told Jeremy [Carver] and Eric [Kripke] and Bob [singer] that we’re very open to do another spin-off. We’re waiting for them to come in with whatever the new concept is. I would love to get another Supernatural spin-off [on the network].”

Also, about the retrospective special on October 6th:

* Pedowitz  also discussed the upcoming Supernatural special with TVLine after the panel: “It’s a treat to the fans who’ve supported the show for the prior nine years. It’s taking you back all through the nine years. It’s giving you some commentary from the cast and the creators, Eric Kripke, and the executive producers. It’s fun. It tells you what happened over the past nine years.”

• Love 2

Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie always reminded me of something, but I never could figure out what.  I found out today:

d0b294y.jpg?1

Yes, this was a real place.  Like Jensen, I grew up in a suburb of Dallas (though not the same suburb).  This was not far from the town he's from.  I wonder if he ever went there as a child....

• Love 3
(edited)
CW Boss talks SPN spin-off, other shows

Pedowitz should just say what he means in that interview:

Quote: The Supernatural spin-off that came in, creatively, did not quite get where we wanted it to go.

Translation:  Nobody liked it.

Quote: We have told Jeremy [Carver] and Eric [Kripke] and Bob [singer] that we’re very open to do another spin-off. We’re waiting for them to come in with whatever the new concept is.

Translation:  We're all out of ideas.

Quote: I would love to get another Supernatural spin-off [on the network].

Translation:  It never hurts to have another job lined up in this business.

Quote: It’s a treat to the fans who’ve supported the show for the prior nine years. It’s taking you back all through the nine years.

Translation: We want to remind you that you actually like this show, in case you're in doubt over the upcoming season spoilers.

Quote: It’s giving you some commentary from the cast and the creators, Eric Kripke, and the executive producers.

Translation:  We PTB sit around and go over old plots and discuss ways to re-use them by changing which character is in which role.

Quote: It’s fun.

Translation:  Like Mad-Libs! Only with character names!

Quote: It tells you what happened over the past nine years.

Translation: It's a refreshing look at the angst and pain of recent seasons so that S10 will make sense.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 4

Pedowitz should just say what he means in that interview:

I agree @ElleryAnne, he should just say that the first one sucked, but they know they could milk some more money out of another show, they just need to figure a way to dupe us all into watching it and sticking with it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mmm-hmm.  It was a strange place.  It was like an indoor amusement park for little kids.  Like Chuck E. Cheese, but more rides and no games.  We got these little wooden tokens to use on the rides.  I kept one for years and years, but lost it sometime around college.

I'm fairly certain it's where I developed my aversion to clowns.  That place and Bozo's sidekick Cookie.  *shudder*

ETA  Oh my goodness, someone posted a video of it.  Totally surreal.

Edited by Demented Daisy

An indoor amusement park? That just seems all sorts of wrong.

And there are only so many ways that a ride can go around in a circle before it just gets repetitive.

And the clown puppet? Yeesh, that's when I turned the video off.

(edited)
You missed the kid playing tic-tac-toe with the live chicken!

Aw, and I like chickens. Really. One of my favorite parts of our local annual fair - which was huge, even though we were a smaller town - was the chicken show. People would enter chickens to be judged and there were always like 40 different kinds. Big ones, little ones, fluffy ones, chickens with feathers that looked like Moe's hair from the 3 Stooges on their heads, brown, cream colored, grey, white, black, and spotted ones. If I'm brave, I might have to rewatch just to see the chicken... though I'll be disappointed if the chicken doesn't win ;) .

Edited to add: Oops. I'm supposed to be talking about the actors in here. Sorry about that. Leave it to me to get side-tracked by clowns and chickens. So here it is...

I wonder if clowns is really a thing with Jared or just a Sam thing. As I said in the "Bugs" episode thread, Jared seemed to be at ease with both holding the beetles and the spiders.* I can imagine that would've been a really hard scene to film in "Bugs" if he was arachnophobic - I know people who would've freaked just looking at that tarantula. So I wonder if Jared and Jensen got to have input into what their characters were afraid of.

* And now I've gotten distracted by bugs... but at least that makes more sense (since bugs is what I do).

Edited by AwesomO4000
(edited)

Jared has said at cons that clowns don't bother him...I think Jensen jokingly said they were creepy once though. I don't think they had any input in what they were scared of. Jared and Jensen did commentary on Phantom Traveler and Jensen said something to the effect that he was really glad to read Dean was afraid of flying, he knew it would be a field day (that's not a direct quote.)

ETA: that place sounds all sorts of weird and silly @Demented Daisy...I would have probably liked it.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
(edited)

He seems to be having fun at SDCC... I think.  From his FB feed:

Not to cast aspersions, but the people here at ‪#‎SDCC‬ are total wusses.

G3yXtca.jpg

And another, titled "The 3 Amigos":

EpGAsNE.jpg

ETA  I would not mind if Misha did an episode of @Midnight.  He already did WLiiA? -- why not?

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

Eh.  I'm sorry to say but it wasn't that impressive. :( I didn't really like that editing nor the song :(.  I figured it would be a more sequential Road So Far and would lead up to Demon!Dean.

I have to agree, they just didn't get the song right.  Anyone else think this was the CW promo department and not the usual crew who puts it together? 

But it's hard not to laugh at Dean screaming. Kinda gets me every time.