Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I suspect (and I may have said this before, somewhere else) that the surge in viewers can at least partially be attributed to teenagers.  10 years ago, when the show started, my daughter was only 8 and entirely too young to watch the show.  But over the past couple of seasons, she and her friends have really gotten into it.  (She's particularly fond of Castiel.)  

I might add that the SPN merchandise flies off the shelves at the Hot Topic near us.  *ahem*  It's not on the website, but they currently have life-size cardboard cut-outs of Sam, Dean, and Castiel.  

I always wonder how many of those little Pop things sell. I see people using them on tumblr or at conventions but that may just be a hardcore fanbase. They look cute to me but I don't have the money to burn on toys.

My daughter has a Castiel Funko Pop figurine.  He stands supreme over Sheldon Cooper, Harley Quinn, Beast Boy, and Raven.  (The last 2 are Teen Titans.)  If they ever get the blood-splattered Dean (or TV Hannibal Lecter), I may have to get them.  

We're kind of a strange family....

You have to take a picture of (the life-size cut outs) the next time you're there to share with us. I'm interested to see what they look like.

Of course!  If there are any left, that is.

• Love 1

So, I was watching the Comic Con panel from 2012 wherein Jensen was talking about Sam's demon blood arc and that he was thinking how cool it was that Sam was kind of superpowered and that it would be cool if Dean could experience that but then he said, "These guys have to stay human".  

I thought, "Oh, Jensen, Jensen! You know not what you did and be careful what you wish for"....

I laughed and then I died a little inside :(

• Love 1

If you're a TV watcher, good news: I'm gonna be on TV, so u can watch me! Whose Line Is It Anyway, June 16th at 8pm @cwwhoseline @aishatyler

From Misha Collins

Darn I missed it, I was out and about...hopefully I can catch on the internet tomorrow.

Jensen recorded a song called Angeles' which you can find on youtube and itunes.  Bought the song on itunes you no longer have to buy the entire album.  I liked the song he did a convention called the weight, but this one is a more professional quality.  I wonder if he will be persuaded to give singing a whirl once he gets done with supernatural.  Shame they made Dean unable to sing...I would have enjoyed seeing him sing a bit more.

(edited)

Misha was definitely a good sport and appeared to be having a great time.

So, wonder when he'll convince Jared or Jensen to do the show....  *please please please*

The most awkward moments was Misha running off the set... lol. 

It's a weaker show than when it first started I'm talking about the original in England back in the 90's...he didn't have any problems fitting in and it would be interesting to see what Jensen or Jared would bring to the show. 

I just wish they had used the stronger improve stuff cause those were probably my least favorite bits.   It kind of looked like they were bored with them and kind of phoning in the jokes since they've done them so many times.

Edited cause I can't seem to make sense. :(

Edited by 7kstar

Voted and right now Jensen is in the lead.

Kate from Castle looks like she in the lead for lead actress in a drama.  So I'm on the winning team cause I like both.  LOL>

Qualls has been in another show on FXX during his appearances as Garth, so I suspect if they want to wrap up his story with killing him and resurrecting him and killing him again, they'll probably find a way. 

• Love 1
I'd much rather they resurrect Ash.

I agree. I liked Ash... and after he was dead, he became actually more relavent to the recent plot. With all of the knowledge he learned in heaven, I think he would be a useful asset in any dealing with angels. He knows Enochian. He knows symbols and spells that allow him to bypass angels. He has some knowledge of how heaven works. I think it would've made sense, in my opinion, for Ash to have been involved. Even if they somehow had had a plot for him in heaven and tied that in with what was hapenning on earth (i.e. Ash could've helped Castiel somehow).

• Love 1

I love DJ Qualls, but for me, the less Garth the better.  I'd much rather they resurrect Ash.

Ironically, I didn't really care for Ash originally, but over time I've come to like him a bit more, it was the opposite with Garth for me. I rather liked Garth in the first episode--his character was totally unnecessary, but I thought he was just the right amount of quirky, goofy and charming. But he's gotten more annoying to me in each subsequent episode that I kinda hope Sharp Teeth will be the last we see of him.  With Ash, I think I just saw him as a bunch of cliches originally and a bit over-the-top, but we've lost so many from the early seasons that now I think I would love to see him back...but not often. I wouldn't mind seeing Frank back though, I was sad that we lost his paranoid, crazy, lunatic ways.

(edited)

Qualls has been in another show on FXX during his appearances as Garth, so I suspect if they want to wrap up his story with killing him and resurrecting him and killing him again, they'll probably find a way. 

From some of his interviews for "Sharp Teeth," I got the feeling the purpose of the episode was to write him out for good, as he really had no idea if he'd be back and seemed somewhat (to me anyway) in the feeling that they wouldn't be having him back.

Ironically, I didn't really care for Ash originally, but over time I've come to like him a bit more, it was the opposite with Garth for me. I rather liked Garth in the first episode--his character was totally unnecessary, but I thought he was just the right amount of quirky, goofy and charming. But he's gotten more annoying to me in each subsequent episode that I kinda hope Sharp Teeth will be the last we see of him.  With Ash, I think I just saw him as a bunch of cliches originally and a bit over-the-top, but we've lost so many from the early seasons that now I think I would love to see him back...but not often. I wouldn't mind seeing Frank back though, I was sad that we lost his paranoid, crazy, lunatic ways.

My problem with both characters is I just didn't believe any relationship they had with Dean and Sam. I'm sure Ash was fun interacting with Ellen and Jo at the Roadhouse, but since the show wasn't called The Roadhouse, we were left with a rarely seen recurring character wading through dated pothead and mullet jokes. I thought he was badly grafted onto the show. Even the whole "innocent stoner shock death" was better with Andy, even if Andy was kind of a piece of shit.

Edited by Pete Martell

Who was stoner Andy? I really don't remember that character.  I like Ash because he was just so out there. I think I sort of fell in love with him when he was in Heaven and opened the door for them and said "Gentlemen". I don't know why I love that line but I do!

Andy was the guy who could use the power of suggestion to get people to do things and mostly lived in his van: the one with the warrior queen riding a polar bear painted on the side. And Moby Dick's bong inside. But similar to Ash, he also had a smart side, though Andy's seemed to be more a literary one rather than the math and physics of Ash. Andy was also the one who sent Dean the psychic vision that let Dean know that Sam was in Cold Oak. Sadly he was killed by Ava, because he was also somewhat niave when it came to trusting people, so he was an easy target for her.

• Love 2
(edited)
I might add that the SPN merchandise flies off the shelves at the Hot Topic near us.  *ahem*  It's not on the website, but they currently have life-size cardboard cut-outs of Sam, Dean, and Castiel.

Hee! You have to take a picture of those the next time you're there to share with us. I'm interested to see what they look like.

So, I took my daughter to Hot Topic for an 18th birthday shopping spree yesterday -- they still had all three cut outs, but they wouldn't let me take pictures.  :-(  For the record, they are life-size.  Jared was significantly larger than Jensen and Misha.

ETA  It's an early season image of Jared, for what it's worth -- short(ish) hair.

Edited by Demented Daisy
they still had all three cut outs, but they wouldn't let me take pictures.  :-(

Aww. Too bad! Do you recognize them as promo pics, or are they something from an episode?

(edited)

A challenge...I love a good challenge. I'm guessing there's promo pics from S5.

Jared is more bulked up than he was in S1 or S2 and his hair is shorter than S6-S9, but no bangs (S1/S2) and no over powering sideburns (S7-S8). So that leaves S3-S5. Castiel wasn't around in S3. So, we're down to S4 or S5. I'm sticking with S5 because I'm not sure why they would have done promos of Castiel in S4 when they thought he would be dead after a few episodes. Plus, S5 was supposed to be the big finale and I'm betting they did quite a bit of promo work for S5. It's pretty funny that I can't tell anything from Jensen to show time. Hee!

Hey Teach, do I get extra points for showing my work? ;)

ETA: Speaking of promos...as I've been doing the re-watch this summer, I've been visiting SupernaturalWiki.com a lot for air dates and such and I've noticed episode posters for most of the S1 episodes starting with Bugs. I just thought it was interesting and wondered when they stopped doing these--or maybe they still do and I'm just oblivious (which would not be all that surprising.) Here's a few of them.

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/4/4d/Promotional_Poster_for_1-08_Bugs.jpg

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/5/5f/HomePromoPoster.jpg

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/5/5a/Asylum-Promo-Poster.jpg

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/9/92/Supernatural_S1_Poster_01.jpg

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/c/ca/TheBendersPromoPoster.jpg

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/a/a1/ShadowPromoPoster.jpg

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

I found a season 4 promo shot that totally matches Dean.  So I think they may all be season 4.  But Dean doesn't have long hair often.  So my guess it is Season 4 Dean and Sam and Misha could be after they didn't kill him off so soon.  Just a guess.

(edited)

@DittyDotDot, Jensen talked about seeing his life size skittle portrait and how weird that was.  So yes it would be weird but then again, it means they are working actors and can enjoy the perks of having a steady paycheck. 

I know at one time I wish I had been one, but alas I only know the experience of being the unemployed actor.  It's why I finally turned to teaching.  Nope I'm not the teacher that said I want to teach.  I turned to it after being in several robberies when I worked at a bank and thought teaching was safer.  Now I'm in what do I want to be when I grow up stage.  :)

Edited by 7kstar

The sad part is the ones that will go, where do I find this?  lol  That truly is weird... and it did make me laugh.  I'll stick with laughter being the better medicine, not going to touch a snake ever. lol  At least not by choice.

I hope no one takes that as real...although I'm sure someone will.

He has such a good comic sense. I wish we saw the guys in more comedy material.

I forgot to say that if you don't like snakes you should avoid the video.

There's also a website.

http://www.serpessence.com/

The best part is the art he uses on his site is from a popular Supernatural fan artist named Petite Madame. Most of the time it seems like the only time fan artists interact with cast of these shows is if they corner them at conventions or if annoying talk show hosts bring up this fan art without asking the people who made it, all to try to shock the actors.