Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Pete Martell

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BornToDie said:

Not surprisingly, anytime Jared does anything he’s criticized to the maximum but if it were Jensen he’s treated like some sort of deity.

If it was Jensen we would never have known about it because he would have picked up the phone.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

How do you know after looking at the way some fans reacted to what happened, both Jared and Jensen weren’t laughing their asses off?  I’m also talking about criticism of Jared’s show, anything he seems to post, his house being featured in Architectural Digest.  There are a ton of double standards regarding these two guys.  To be honest there is practically no one posting here anyway, and anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the “Jensen is God” narrative comments anyway.

Edited by BornToDie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

  There are a ton of double standards regarding these two guys.  To be honest there is practically no one posting here anyway, and anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the “Jensen is God” narrative comments anyway.

Heard that before (several times).  Disagree, but to each his own.  Frankly, I haven't read anything about Jared--his show, his house, or anything non-Supernatural related here, so is that the problem?  That the only time something is posted, it's because he's done something (IMO) stupid?  Do you post positive things about him here and others have argued or talked against it?  Just curious.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve thought about posting but there’s no point.  Apparently if it didn’t happen to Jensen it didn’t happen.  There has been non-Supernatural material posted about Jensen here, so there shouldn’t be any reason why items about the other actors can’t be posted.  Jared and Misha both have stuff going on but the few posters who still post here don’t like either actor, so why even bother?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

I’ve thought about posting but there’s no point.  Apparently if it didn’t happen to Jensen it didn’t happen.  There has been non-Supernatural material posted about Jensen here, so there shouldn’t be any reason why items about the other actors can’t be posted.  Jared and Misha both have stuff going on but the few posters who still post here don’t like either actor, so why even bother?

It seems to me that, since this is a fan-directed forum instead of a news feed that posts all articles equally, if you see an interesting article you'd like to share or discuss, it's up to you to post it instead of being angry that no one else has.    So if there are more articles about Jensen, it just means that his fans are posting more, not that they dislike any of the other actors.  People post about their favorites.  It's not as if there's only a limited amount of space here, and the Jensen fans are taking it all up and leaving no room for others.  

As you said, there's no reason that items about other actors can't be posted.  AFAIK, no one is preventing anyone from posting, arguing with them or deleting posts.   So feel free to post whatever fits here.  I'm sure there are others who would be glad to see it. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe current Jared stuff gets posted in the Walker forum? I have no idea, haven't checked it. But show-stuff, either praise or criticism would surely be there mainly.

Can't say either way, the only place I get any news on (loosely) SPN-related things is by checking here. I'm way into a different fandom now for anything more.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Buffy site is still going strong.  I’m hoping as newbies stumble across Supernatural that they’ll visit this site and continue to comment on the series.   It’s a good show that holds up well.  
 

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2021 at 8:57 PM, BornToDie said:

Not surprisingly, anytime Jared does anything he’s criticized to the maximum but if it were Jensen he’s treated like some sort of deity.

.Jensen is raked over the coals for every little thing.  Meanwhile even after he threw them under the bus saying it was THEIR fault for misunderstanding his tweet the fans are still crying about how he's covering for Jensen and poor baby martyr.

And no we'd never have known about it if it was the other way around because when has Jensen ever taken a problem to social media?  He'd have picked up a phone and texted or called and waited for an answer.  Though who knows maybe one day he'll get sick of being the only taking the high road and let it blast.  I hope not but I couldn't exactly blame him.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

@BornToDie, Jensen and his wife would have loved to be interviewed by the NYT. Jared is the one with the pull to get it. They need him, he’s moved on. But he’ll still help with PR. The CW loves it and it allows CBS Studios to showcase a lead on one of their new productions.  It’s a win/win situation for Jared. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bessie said:

@BornToDie, Jensen and his wife would have loved to be interviewed by the NYT. Jared is the one with the pull to get it. They need him, he’s moved on. But he’ll still help with PR. The CW loves it and it allows CBS Studios to showcase a lead on one of their new productions.  It’s a win/win situation for Jared. 

So it’s not ok for Jared to be interviewed by anyone for anything, but it is ok for Jensen?  Why is there such a problem with Jared promoting his show?  Furthermore, what is with the need to put them in some sort of competition with each other constantly?  I don’t see either one of them trying to outdo the other.

Edited by BornToDie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Jensen and his wife would have loved to be interviewed by the NYT. Jared is the one with the pull to get it. They need him, he’s moved on.

If Jensen wanted to be interviewed by the NYTs he could have his PR team arrange it. He has enough pull, especially since he's about to be on a very high profile show.    Jensen and Danneel, don't actually need Jared.    The WB (not just the CW) gave them a multi year production deal to develop projects.  Not Jared and Jensen.  Jared isn't part of Chaos Machine and apparently had no interest in anything it was doing since he had months to ask Jensen about the projects he was working on. (Communication works both ways).  

The reason we haven't heard much from Jensen lately is The Boys is still filming because of delays caused by covid restrictions, not because he doesn't have pull. 

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

If Jensen wanted to be interviewed by the NYTs he could have his PR team arrange it.

I doubt it. If he could get high profile interviews, he’d do them. It’s part of his job.  Actors don’t generally pass up these kinds of media opportunities. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Bessie said:

@BornToDie, Jensen and his wife would have loved to be interviewed by the NYT. Jared is the one with the pull to get it. They need him, he’s moved on. But he’ll still help with PR. The CW loves it and it allows CBS Studios to showcase a lead on one of their new productions.  It’s a win/win situation for Jared. 

LOL Jensen and his wife don't need it.  They have higher engagement rates.  Why do all that work when you can get the same amount, if not more, attention posting something on Instagram once or twice a month or when other people mention your name in articles.  Kripke talked to Vanity Fair about The Boys and there were literally dozen of articles copied from it with Jensen Ackles name in the title "Jensen Ackles' Soldier Boy central Season 3's storyline", "How Jensen Ackles was cast in The Boys" stuff like that. He's gotten great reviews for the very successful and well reviewed The Long Halloween and that comics crowd tends to be tough.  Jared has been all over SM, done the Italian pap walks, hyped up his AD house tour and he's got no more actual attention than Jensen does and had to work harder for it..

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I doubt it. If he could get high profile interviews, he’d do them. It’s part of his job.  Actors don’t generally pass up these kinds of media opportunities. 

Yes, its part of his job and he will do them when the publicity for the Boys ramps up as it gets closer to airing.  Right now he's busy filming.  There isn't any need for him to do interviews at this time. 

The Boys is an Emmy nominated show.  Jensen is set to be a major player in s3. Yes he could get an interview in NYTs if he really wanted to.  

There is a lot of buzz around his name lately. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

So it’s not ok for Jared to be interviewed by anyone for anything, but it is ok for Jensen?  Why is there such a problem with Jared promoting his show?  Furthermore, what is with the need to put them in some sort of competition with each other constantly?  I don’t see either one of them trying to outdo the other.

I don't understand this bitterness.  It seems to me that you're the one who's constantly comparing them, talking about the amount of posts and fans for each. 

Who said anything about it not being OK for Jared to be interviewed, and what the hell does that have to do with Jensen?  Who said anything about Jared not promoting his show?  That's what actors do.  And whether he got the interview himself or the studio or CW set it up, it's a normal part of the business to interview the star/EP of a current show.  That's what publicity is for, and I'm guessing the CW is peeing their pants in excitement over the coverage.  

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't understand this bitterness.  It seems to me that you're the one who's constantly comparing them, talking about the amount of posts and fans for each. 

Who said anything about it not being OK for Jared to be interviewed, and what the hell does that have to do with Jensen?  Who said anything about Jared not promoting his show?  That's what actors do.  And whether he got the interview himself or the studio or CW set it up, it's a normal part of the business to interview the star/EP of a current show.  That's what publicity is for, and I'm guessing the CW is peeing their pants in excitement over the coverage.  

 

Yeah no one said he couldn't be interviewed, it was the person coming on and saying "Jensen wishes he could get interviewed..."  Jensen is working and Jensen doesn't need to be doing it right now so he's not. And he gets plenty of attention without it.  He's also in an ensemble show and I'm sure pretty sensitive to the fact that there are other actors on there who have been there since the start, as he said he knows he was coming into someone else's house, so to speak.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

@tessathereaper: Okay. I’m not as invested as you seem to be. I don’t view it as a competition that one of them is “winning”.  Jared is just more well-known to general audiences right now. And if chaos machine wants the largest possible ratings for their spn spinoff, they’ll want to attract the general spn audience, not just Jensen fans.  I would if I were starting a production company that relies on an spn prequel. 
 

I don’t see any need to measure Jensen’s success against anything having to do with the padaleckis.  To each his own. Hopefully, the Ackles will move on to projects not involving spn and that may eliminate any perceived competition. 
 

I’m done with supernatural in any form. It was a great show, but it’s over, for me. I’d rather see what Chaos would do without using supernatural as a jumping off point. 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Bessie said:

@tessathereaper: Okay. I’m not as invested as you seem to be. I don’t view it as a competition that one of them is “winning”.  Jared is just more well-known to general audiences right now. And if chaos machine wants the largest possible ratings for their spn spinoff, they’ll want to attract the general spn audience, not just Jensen fans.  I would if I were starting a production company that relies on an spn prequel. 
 

I don’t see any need to measure Jensen’s success against anything having to do with the padaleckis.  To each his own. Hopefully, the Ackles will move on to projects not involving spn and that may eliminate any perceived competition. 
 

I’m done with supernatural in any form. It was a great show, but it’s over, for me. I’d rather see what Chaos would do without using supernatural as a jumping off point. 
 

 

Sorry I'm not one of JP's stans, I don't get gaslit that easily.  Your original post is still there.  You're so uninvested you just had to make a post all about who supposedly has more pull and who supposedly is more well known to the general audience, . And how Jensen and his wife would love that attention.  Sounds pretty invested to me in whose winning to me. See  "win" is even in the post:

Quote

Jensen and his wife would have loved to be interviewed by the NYT. Jared is the one with the pull to get it. They need him, he’s moved on. But he’ll still help with PR. The CW loves it and it allows CBS Studios to showcase a lead on one of their new productions.  It’s a win/win situation for Jared. 

That's a laugh about helping with the PR, Jared's only helping himself with the PR.  Jensen and Danneel don't need him.  Genevieve needs him, he's the only way her instagram advertising posts get any attention.  

Yeah Jared's moved on so much he had a conniption, compared himself to Caesar(Et te Brute) and purposely set his fans into attack mode because CM got permission to write a script, which may not ever get further than writing a script, for a non-Winchester brothers prequel.  Sounds like he's really moved on.  

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Jared's name might be more recognizable, but I'd bet a good portion of that is for his various social media attacks on service workers and other celebs, and his arrest. I'm okay with Jensen being less well known if that's what it takes. Jared and his wife definitely have a higher social media presence and most certainly harder-working PR people, I'll give him that.

Jensen gets plenty of recognition and kudos from his peers, and I have zero doubt that his star will rise exactly as high as he wants it to, now that he's not tied down to Supernatural any more. He's not even on the-show-that-shall-not-be-named yet, and all the recent articles talk about him/his new character.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wait...if so many of you are "no longer invested" or have "moved on" from SPN, why are you still arguing in this forum?  Jared fans have a whole different forum to discuss him, his show, his tweets and PR and personal appearances, without any pesky Jensen fans to cast aspersions.  This forum is (or should be) only discussing SPN-related items (which does include the proposed prequel) so everyone is free to express their own opinions on that topic.  No need to count coup on either actor.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all. Please keep the Jensen vs Jared discussions out and stick to discussing social media.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post


Well. Someone is certainly aging well. Not that it was probably ever in doubt - good genes are good genes. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Aithne said:

Well. Someone is certainly aging well. Not that it was probably ever in doubt - good genes are good genes. 

If anything I think he looks younger!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Jensen’s made a deal with a crossroads demon.  He just doesn’t age. 😍

It's just ridiculous how Beautiful he is.

I mean Really.

Come on.

🤪

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Jensen’s made a deal with a crossroads demon.  He just doesn’t age. 😍

Of course he made a deal. After all he & Crowley are “besties”

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

So Creation has decided to start doing in-person cons in Denver in October despite the pandemic still being an issue.  They also aren’t offering any refunds.  Wonder if any of the actors ( besides Rachel Miner, who has canceled) will decide not to come?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BornToDie said:

So Creation has decided to start doing in-person cons in Denver in October despite the pandemic still being an issue.  They also aren’t offering any refunds.  Wonder if any of the actors ( besides Rachel Miner, who has canceled) will decide not to come?

There are tons of restrictions in place but I wouldn't be surprised if other actors decide to pass on cons this season.

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Jensen and Shemar Moore in the same poll?! What to do, what to do..

Voted for Jensen of course!!! 😆

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

This is interesting. Usually Misha is on stage on Saturday, so I wonder if Jensen will join him or do a separate panel. Also, curious about the conflict of schedule.

It says he will do a gold panel (does Misha do two panels on Sat) and photo ops.

Possibly ADR work for The Boys?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size